Classroom of The Elite : The...

By Featherpen287

Set in four years after the graduation of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the story is now focused on an entirely new ca... More

Chapter 1 : First Day
Chapter 2 : S-system
Chapter 3 : Class C
Chapter 4: Karaoke
Chapter 5 : Class B
Chapter 6 : Danger and Curiousity
Chapter 7 : Class Leader
Chapter 8 : Sukeban
Chapter 9: Triangle
Chapter 10: Scammer
Chapter 11: Dark Eyes
Chapter 12: May 1st
Chapter 13: Crossroad
Chapter 14: Study Group
Chapter 15: The Biker
Chapter 16: Fist
Chapter 17: Mini-test
Chapter 18: Passing Grade
Chapter 19: Mid-term Exam
Chapter 20: The Handshake
Higashi Teiichi's SS: Siblings
Kasai Himiko's SS: Threads
Kurose Yukie's SS: Their Crush
Satonaka Ayase's SS: Guilt
Bonus Chapter: Characters Profile (first batch)
Chapter 21: Inquiry
Chapter 22: Uneasiness
Chapter 23: The Gap
Chapter 24: Dinner
Chapter 25: Her Secret
Chapter 26: His Regard
Chapter 27: Dating Advice
Chapter 28: Birthday Party
Chapter 29: Tether
Chapter 30: Superiority Complex
Chapter 31: Snare
Chapter 32: Troublemaker
Chapter 33: Assault or Accident
Chapter 34: Investigation
Chapter 35: Testimony
Chapter 36: Preliminary
Chapter 37: The Trial
Chapter 38: Second Suspect
Chapter 39: Compromise
Chapter 40: Special Exam
Nanahara Mari's SS: The Bad Ones
Higashi Teiichi's SS: Catalyst
Satonaka Ayase's SS: Girl's Talk
Ishikawa Sousuke's SS: Interference
Bonus Chapter: Characters Profile (second batch)
Chapter 41: The Cruise Ship
Chapter 42: Reputation
Chapter 43: The Island
Chapter 45: Securing the Base
Chapter 46: Managing the Camp

Chapter 44: The Rules

88 11 4
By Featherpen287

"All students should have change into their jerseys. Make sure to check your designated bag and your luggage and do not forget your cell phone. Please keep other personal item in your room. There is a possibility that you will not visit the bathroom for some time, so please do so now."

After the announcement, we all returned to our respective rooms to change clothes. The fact that we were instructed to wear jerseys indicated that our arrival on this island was not just for recreation. We were also prohibited from bringing personal belongings.

"I'm so nervous," Matsunaga said as we were busy changing into our jerseys. His words represented how we all felt. "I can't help but wonder what kind of test they will hold that brought us all the way to this remote island."

"Maybe it's some kind of survival game?" Gilang replied as he put on his shirt.

Meanwhile, Arai, who had finished dressing, responded in a joking tone. "Survival, huh? Don't tell it's a Battle Royale or something. Maybe after this, we will all be given weapons and told to scatter..."

Matsunaga laughed. "If that happens, I hope they give me more than just a pot lid..."

"Whatever it is, we will soon find out," I said, ending this brief conversation. We all returned to the deck and were asked to gather by class. I saw Takada-sensei standing in front of us with a megaphone.

"We will disembark now, and I ask all students to get off from ship in an orderly manner. Students from class A are allowed to go first. Cell phones are prohibited while on the island, so please hand them over to your respective homeroom teacher before you disembark."

When Takada-sensei mentioned that cell phones were not allowed, I could hear some people groaning in displeasure. Many of them probably wanted to take photos on the white sand down there, but considering the real purpose of our arrival, it was better to leave them behind. Because the teachers had to check our belongings, it took quite a long time before we all set foot on the sandy beach. Many students started complaining about the scorching heat of the sun. While the other students began chatting with each other, I saw Shionome-sensei approaching us with a serious look.

"I will begin taking attendance. To the students of class C, when you hear your name, please answer loudly and clearly."

The students who had been basking in the sunlight were starting to get impatient with all the formalities. I could hear some people grumbling quietly. Nevertheless, in the end, we all had no choice but to comply with them.

While we were taking attendance, a few men brought a small platform and placed it in front of us. After the roll call was finished, Takada-sensei stepped onto the platform with her megaphone. She looked at all the students gathered in front of her before speaking.

"To all the students present today, first I want to congratulate all of you for arriving safely," Takada-sensei said. As she spoke, I saw several adults in uniforms getting off the ship with large bags and lots of equipment. They began setting up tents and installing various electronic devices such as computers on long tables.

"Now, we shall commence this year's first special exam."

The light chatter from some students was no longer heard. After sensei announced it, silence fell over all of us as the students looked at the bespectacled teacher seriously. Of course, some students were confused, mostly from classes B and D.

"Huh? Special exam? What does that mean?" someone asked. Some students exchanged confused looks, while others just stared at the sensei seriously, waiting for further explanation. Most of my classmates were calm because we had anticipated this, but it didn't diminish the nervous feeling in our chests.

"The exam begins today and lasts for one week, ending on August 7th. The purpose of this test is to determine whether you can live together on an uninhabited island as a group. This test is based on real-world corporate training."

Corporate training? On an uninhabited island? I've heard that some companies sometimes organize trips for their employees to improve camaraderie and teamwork, but this is the first time I've heard of training being done on a remote island.

"Sensei!" a student from class A raised their hand. "I just want to make sure, you said we have to live on the island as a group. Does that mean we really have to stay here for seven days and are not allowed to board the ship?"

The answer to that question was clear enough. "Yes, during the test, you are not allowed to board the ship without a justified reason. You will learn to fend for yourselves during the test. Each class will be given a box of matches. Each student will be given a toothbrush, and girls are allowed to request as many feminine sanitary products as they need, as well as sunscreen."

"I knew it... I knew it..." Gilang muttered. The nature of this special test was not far from his guess. I thought we would be doing some kind of exploration, but the size of this island is too small for that.

"Sensei, I'm sorry but this isn't fair," Kaname from class B voiced her discontent. "We were brought here under the pretext of a vacation. How can we suddenly be asked to participate in a strange exam out of nowhere?"

Many students seemed to agree with Kaname's words. My classmates also showed the same reaction when I first mentioned this exam. Hearing the students' complaints, Takada-sensei showed no change in her expression. She listened to Kaname's question carefully before answering calmly.

"I understand your disappointment, and you don't need to worry, the school will not force you into a difficult situation. The theme of this exam is freedom, so you can still have fun as much as you want during this exam. Depending on the approach you take, this exam can be an unforgettable vacation experience."

They call it an exam, but then they say we're free to have fun. That is indeed a contradiction. Surely some details have not been explained to us, so the best thing to do now is to be quiet and listen. Fortunately, most students understand this and start calming down their friends who still want to complain.

"In addition to what has been mentioned before," Takada-sensei continued. "Each class will be given 300 points. With these points, you can buy various necessities for the next seven days. This includes things you can use for recreation at the beach, such as a ball and barbecue set. You will also be given a manual that lists the items that can be purchased with these points. The manual also provides a guide for living in the wilderness, such as how to make a campfire, how to set up a tent, and further explanations of the test rules. In short, with good management, you can enjoy your days on this island using these points."

"So, that means we can do whatever we want with the points?" Togashi muttered. "We can buy anything listed in the manual, right? Hm... That doesn't sound so bad."

"It's too soon to be happy," Sawatari reprimanded. "This is a test, so it can't be that easy... 300 points might not be enough for a week."

"Right," Ikeda nodded in agreement. "Surely, the allocation of these points is part of the test."

Ikeda's opinion proved to be true from what Takada-sensei said afterward. "...Of course, there are some rules that you must follow during this test. Also, remember that after this test ends, the remaining points you have will be added to your class points. The point changes will take effect after the end of the summer vacation."

Suddenly, silence returned. All we heard was the sound of the wind, birds, and waves. What the sensei said undoubtedly is the essence of this test. This is a great opportunity to gather a large number of class points and there's a possibility that we may even see a change in the class rankings.

"So... if we can hold out for seven days, we can increase our class points by 300? Isn't that great?" Kouki said enthusiastically.

Ikeda interjected, "Of course that's impossible. How can we possibly survive for seven days on an uninhabited island with just a lighter? We have no choice but to use our points, but I agree that we should try to be as frugal as possible."

This is a good opportunity to catch up on other classes, so saving points can be considered a basic strategy. However, I still feel like there's something more to it. Sensei said that the manual we will receive will have further explanations about the rules, so I might read that first before asking any questions.

Takada-sensei continued her explanation. "Each class will only be given one manual. If the manual is damaged or lost, you can get a new one but it will cost you points, so please be careful. Lastly, before I finish, I also have to mention that each of you will be given a wristwatch. The watch is a special one that not only shows the time, but also has sensors to read body temperature and pulse, and is equipped with GPS. The watch also has an emergency button. If something bad happens, don't hesitate to press the button on the side. During the test, you are not allowed to remove the watch under any circumstances. The watch is waterproof so you don't have to worry if you want to swim or shower. That's all. Now the watches and manuals will be distributed to all of you. If you have any questions, please ask your homeroom teacher."

Upon hearing the last explanation, Sugawa complained, "So we have to wear that thing 24/7 without taking it off? Isn't that uncomfortable?"

"We don't know if the watch is really uncomfortable," Satonaka replied calmly. "Besides, this is for our safety, so it can't be helped."

"If they really cared about our safety, then they shouldn't have brought us here in the first place."

A reasonable complaint. It does seem risky to bring hundreds of teenagers to an uninhabited island and force them to stay there for a week. However, surely they must have prepared some safety measures. Besides, I'm also sure that the island has been surveyed beforehand, so we can assume that there won't be any dangerous wild animals or something.

"Everyone, please gather here. You will be given a nice new wristwatch," Shionome-sensei called us in a friendly tone. After distributing the watches, the teacher then raised the manual so that we could all see it. "This manual contains all the information you need in order to be able to take this test. As Takada-sensei just said, please take good care of it."

The teacher then handed the book to Satonaka, who was standing closest to her. The girl immediately opened the book and flipped through its pages. Some students around her who were curious also started to look behind her shoulder.

"Whoa, they really provide barbecue set... oh, look! Apparently, we can also buy jet skis," one of them exclaimed. Of course, that surprised all of us. It seems that Takada-sensei was not joking when she said that we could have fun if we wanted to.

"But... we can't buy it, can we? What a shame," Kashiwagi said disappointedly. I also wanted to try riding a jet ski, but to pass this exam, we have to refrain from unnecessary spending.

"Before you look through the catalog, please open the last section," Shionome-sensei instructed and Satonaka complied. "The rules for this special exam are listed there. I will give a brief explanation of the rules, but after this, please read everything in the manual carefully. First, you must choose a location to set up your camp. Once you find a place you like, report it to me because I will also stay near your camp to supervise, and you should know that you can't move your camp without a justified reason, so think carefully before deciding. I will take attendance of the students twice a day at 8 in the morning and at night. There will be a penalty for those who are absent during the roll call, so it is recommended not to wander during that time."

This means we may have to do some exploring to find the ideal location. Ideally, our camp should be close to a water source and protected from the heat and rain. In other words, a place near a river with shady trees would be great.

"Sensei..." Satonaka raised her hand. "Here it says something about spot occupation... can you please explain what is meant by spot?"

"Yes, I was just about to explain that. This exam is not just about living together and saving points. As stated in the manual, you can earn points by occupying a spot. The spots mentioned refer to certain locations scattered throughout this island that can be claimed by each class."

"Okay, uhm... sensei, it also says here that only the person designated as the leader can claim a spot using a keycard. Does that mean there will be some kind of card reader or something at each spot?"

"Yes, you can claim a spot in the same way you make payments at school. Once a spot is claimed, it cannot be taken by another class, but it's important to remember that the right to a spot is not permanent. After a certain period, the spot will become vacant again, so you will have to reclaim it..."

"Can the points we earn from occupying a spot be spent?" this time Ikeda is the one who asked.

"No. The points will be added to the remaining S-points on the last day, so they cannot be spent at all. In addition, on the last day, you can earn extra points by guessing the leader of another class, but there will be a penalty if your guess is wrong. Of course, you will also be penalized if your leader is guessed by another class. Details about the number of points you can earn from occupying a spot and guessing the leader can be found in the manual provided."

"So, when occupying a spot, we have to do it carefully without being seen by other classes? Oh my, this is going to be difficult..." Kouki complained. In other words, we have the opportunity to 'attack' other classes and at the same time, we have to defend ourselves from their efforts to reveal our leader's name. I have to admit, this special exam is very interesting.

That's all I can say. You can ask if you have any questions about the rules or basic things, but since the exam has officially started, we as a teacher will not give advice or instructions. You are free to decide the steps you will take from now on."

Some students began to exchange glances. For a few seconds, everyone seemed confused about what to do first. Ikeda broke the silence by asking everyone, "So... what should we do? Should we look for a camping spot or should we choose a leader first?"

"If it's about the camping spot, can't we just camp here?" Tsukimi asked lazily. "The beach is quite spacious, and we can swim anytime..."

Some students might also feel safer camping near the school staff who raised a tent nearby. Unfortunately, that suggestion was a bit careless. Staying on the beach might be a huge disadvantage.

"Bad idea," Shinji retorted. For some reason, Tsukimi was taken aback by Shinji's rejection of her half-hearted suggestion. "If we want to save points, wouldn't it be better to find a place with a source of fresh water? We can't drink seawater, can we?"

"Well... you have a point," Tsukimi said with a gloomy face. It seemed like she really wanted to stay on the beach for some reason.

"Okay, then it's decided. How about we go now? We can choose the leader later after we secure our base," Ikeda suggested.

"Wait a minute," Satonaka interjected. "I think it would be dangerous to rush into the forest. We don't know anything about the terrain on this island."

"And we'll never know if we just stay here. We'll be here for seven days, so I think we should secure a good spot as soon as possible before other classes take it," Ikeda argued.

"Hm... you're right, but..." Satonaka sounded hesitant. It's time for me to step in. I've been lost in my thoughts for too long, to the point where I forgot that I should be taking control of the situation. I stepped closer to the two of them. Satonaka, realizing this, looked up at me. "Kurose-kun, is there something you want to say?"

"Yes," I answered, and now everyone's gaze was on me. Oh no, now I'm starting to feel awkward, but since I've already started speaking, I can't back down. "I think you're both right. We do need a place to stay as soon as possible, but I also agree that entering the forest blindly is quite dangerous."

Ikeda frowned. "So what's your suggestion?"

"Before that, let me ask all the students here," I raised my voice. "Is there anyone here who has ever been in the Boy Scouts? Or at least has experience in camping and exploring the forest?"

Initially, no one answered, but after a while, two people raised their hands. They were Nakatani and Gilang. Nakatani seemed indifferent, but Gilang appeared very excited.

"Have both of you ever joined the scouts? Or have you just been camping before?" I asked them both.

"Well... I was in the scouts when I was in elementary school," Nakatani answered half-heartedly.

"I've never been in the scouts," said Gilang. "But my grandfather lived in a lush mountainous area, so you could say that I've been playing in the forest since I was a child, and my grandpa has taught me a lot."

"So, can I assume that both of you can navigate through this forest and return safely?"

"Of course," Gilang replied confidently. "I may not be as good as a real scout, but I am confident that I can take care of myself."

"Okay, then, if you don't mind, could you go ahead and find a camping spot for us?"

Gilang smiled. "Leave it to me..."

Unlike Gilang, Nakatani initially seemed to want to refuse, but in the end, she agreed after thinking for a moment. She seemed to answer reluctantly, so I felt bad for her. "You can refuse if you really don't want to. I don't want to force you or anything."

"It's okay. I just need to find a place and come back, right? Besides, the sun is getting hotter, so it might be better if I can take a stroll under the shade of trees."

"Girl, if you want to be alone with Gilang-kun, just say so" Tsukimi teased Nakatani with a giggle.

"What—? Hey, where did that come from?"

Oh, is there something between Nakatani and Gilang, or maybe Tsukimi is just teasing... oh, no, this is not the time to worry about that. I ignored the two girls who started bantering with each other and turned to Satonaka, who still looked a bit restless. "I know you're still worried, but it's easier to move in small groups, and faster. Besides, they have experience."

"...I know, but... is this really okay?"

"In that case, I'll go with them," Shinji volunteered. "Adding one more person shouldn't be a problem, right?"

"Of course," I turned to Satonaka. "What do you think? This should be okay, right?"

Satonaka was silent, and Ikeda began to look impatient. "I think this is the best way, Satonaka-san. Look, even the other class seems to think the same."

Ikeda pointed to a group of boys from class B who were starting to walk into the forest. Clearly, they were also a scouting party looking for a camping spot for their class. At the same time, class A also began to move along the beach to the north, while Class D went southwest into the forest.

"Alright," Satonaka said resignedly. "But don't go too far, okay? I don't want anyone getting hurt on the first day..."

"Ayase-chan, you're such a worrywart," Tsukimi teased. "But too bad Nakatani, now you didn't get to be alone with him."

"Shut up! Seriously...why are you teasing me like this, I don't even like that guy."

After that, the three students entered the forest while the remaining students stayed behind to discuss our future plans. At Tsukimi's suggestion, we moved to a cooler spot under the trees. After we moved, I walked up to Satonaka.

"Satonaka, can I see the manual?"

"Of course, here," Satonaka handed me the book. I was curious about the list of equipment that can be purchased in it, but the most important thing right now was to review the rules of this exam. That's why I immediately turned to the back page. While waiting for Shinji and the others to return, let's reread the rules of this exam.

Basic Rules

1. Each class will be granted 300 S-points.

2. S-points can be spent to purchase items listed in the manual.

3. In addition, bonus points acquired during the test by fulfilling certain conditions will only be added on after the test is finished. They cannot be used during the test.

4. Each class will choose one student to be their leader.

5. Leaders cannot be changed without a legitimate reason.

6. On the last day of the test, each class can declare who they think is the leader of the other classes.

7. For each leader guessed correctly, that class receives 50 bonus points.

8. If the leader is guessed incorrectly, the class loses 50 points as a penalty.

9. In addition, a class whose leader is guessed correctly loses 50 points as a penalty and loses all bonus points gained during the test.

Spots on the island that serve as the testing ground can be occupied under the following conditions:

1. A special key card is required to occupy a spot.

2. The key card can only be used by the person designated as "leader".

3. Each occupation of a spot grants one bonus point to the occupying class.

4. Occupation rights expire every eight hours, and each renewal grants another bonus point to the class in question.

5. Use of another class's occupied spot without permission will result in a 50-point penalty.

Students will receive set penalties under the following conditions:

1. Those unable to continue the test due to poor health or injury will result in a 30-point penalty and retirement.

2. Pollution of the environment will result in a 20-point penalty.

3. Each absence at 8 AM and 8 PM daily roll call will result in a 5-point penalty.

4. Violence, theft, or destruction of property against another class will result in immediate failure for the class to whom the offending student belongs and the forfeiture of all that student's private points.

***

Most of this chapter is a reminder of the original rules. Some of you might be bored with it but I think it was necessary to show Yukiharu's perspective to the rules. The pacing of this arc might be way slower than the previous arcs so there's a high possibility that the number of chapter might be a lot higher as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 157 67
David Lee transferred to a new school on his third year of High School in Japan. Little did he know, that he will encounter many twists of fate itsel...
104K 3.2K 90
Very random ideas with a very random upload schedule. I'd say it's a decent length, however my early works aren't something I'm proud of but there ar...
148K 5.6K 47
As I entered the room, I could see the silhouette of 'That Man' standing with his back turned against me. His face then slowly turned to me. Moments...
1.6K 34 9
It was a normal day at Areishia Spirit Academy well until 3 new transfer students inrolled into the school Jameel and his two friends Michael and Tre...