The story of the Beloved Conc...

By CNovel_Reader

The story of the Beloved Concubine's Ascension (宠妃上位记) Author: Rongtu   In the fifth year of Cheng'an, there... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-162 (end)

Chapter 51-60

399 5 1
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 51

As soon as Lu Cairen said these words, the originally peaceful and harmonious palace suddenly felt like a pebble thrown into a lake, creating ripples.

Everyone had different expressions, some were envious, some were surprised, some were jealous, some were annoyed, and the bustling hall was silent for a moment.

Everyone's eyes fell on her beautiful face, but Lu Cairen was not timid at all. He straightened his back with a faint smile, calm and indifferent, as if he was not afraid of the wind and rain.

Qin Yuan was also a little surprised when he heard this.

Although it is a good thing that Yu Guiren and Lu Cairen are pregnant one after another, it is even more joyful to tell it on New Year's Eve today. But to be fair, the news of Lu Cairen's pregnancy does not make him as happy as Shen Ji. Thinking that there will be another child in the palace is just a little bit gratifying.

It was only a little over a month since her pregnancy was revealed on New Year's Eve. The Queen Mother gave Lu Cairen an intriguing look.

Although she felt that Lu Cairen was too careless and unsafe, but after all she was a harem heir, she smiled lightly and said: "It's a great joy for Lu Cairen to be pregnant. Why don't you go quickly and change Lu Cairen's diet to Heyu Guiren?" the same."

Qin Yuan hummed and raised his voice slightly to ask everyone below to listen. His voice was still low: "Now there are two pregnant concubines in the palace. It is really a happy event. In addition, it is hard to conceive an heir. Lu Cairen is here to serve. You have been gentle and meticulous in the past year. I should have promoted you to this position, but it is not appropriate to promote you in the new year. I plan to promote you after the spring."

"Lu Cairen, how good is this?"

His Majesty's arrangements were of course no better. Lu Cairen smiled softly and Fu Shen said warmly: "I just listen to Your Majesty's arrangements."

Shen Ji looked at Lu Cairen indifferently, feeling not in a good mood.

She and Lu Cairen had parted ways long ago. They were no longer sisters on the surface, so there was really no need to give her a good look.

As early as when Concubine Lin framed her for killing Guiren Qi, the moment Lu Qingshuang tried her best to step on her into the fire pit, they were enemies. Now that her child has not yet been born, Lu Qingshuang is pregnant. Good things and bad things.

The good thing is that the eyes of everyone in the palace don't have to fall on her alone. The bad thing is that there is an unborn child to take care of His Majesty and the Queen Mother. Now she is pregnant with fear. If His Majesty and the Queen Mother pay more attention to her. Lu Cairen's fetus was less than three months old, so she was even more unsure.

But strangely enough, Lu Cairen is not an impatient person. She is scheming and not a good person. She always seeks stability in her work and will not be radical. However, she just said that she was more than one month pregnant, which was when the fetal gas was unstable, so she could just hide it and wait until three months later.

Then she chose New Year's Eve to announce that she was pregnant in front of the princes and nobles. Was it to show her status or to let His Majesty promote her to the throne?

Although when she was pregnant, His Majesty directly promoted her from Chang Zai to a noble person, she had asked Junxue before that there was no rule in the palace that pregnancy and the birth of an imperial heir must be promoted. Everything depends on His Majesty's wishes. That's all.

Lu Cairen was born in an official family, but she has always been inferior to him in everything. She has been firmly suppressed by him, and she has been dissatisfied for a long time. Although she and Ji Gengyi have been very fond of each other recently, in the end, she is still not as favored as the pregnant herself. , it would make sense to say that she wanted to expose her pregnancy to consolidate her favor and status, and then chose to inform His Majesty of her promotion status on New Year's Eve in order to strive to raise the child herself.

At this time, one of the princes below jokingly said: "I have heard that the emperor's brother won several beauties in this year's draft. Now it turns out that it is true. The two new concubines are pregnant one after another. It can be seen that the emperor's brother is not afraid of rain." Both of them prefer newcomers more. In the past, Concubine Lin was favored in the palace, but now it seems that newcomers are also sharing the burden."

Qin Yuan responded to him with a faint smile: "It's just you who is so glib. The issue of the heir is left to fate. Although the new concubine is lovely, she is also obedient and knows etiquette. If she blindly provokes trouble, I won't have time to get a headache. Naturally, I don't want to see her more."

Although these words were obviously in response to the prince, Concubine Lin heard them harshly and her heart dropped.

Why bother talking about being obedient and courteous and provoking troubles? It was clearly because mentioning him made His Majesty dissatisfied, so he insinuated it for himself, and for people in the government and the public to pass it on to Lin.

After so many years, her friendship with His Majesty has really made His Majesty tired, and His Majesty's tolerance and love for her have also been worn away.

His Majesty's neglect of her during this period was not only due to her own reasons but also to the Lin family. However, she had already written a letter and told her father, asking him to discipline the people in the Lin family and stop causing troubles to make His Majesty dissatisfied. But who knew what my father was thinking in his reply? His words were somewhat arrogant, thinking that your majesty was trying to burn bridges by doing so. He said that the Lin family was deeply rooted and had made great contributions to the country, and your majesty should be respectful rather than suppressing him.

It's really ridiculous.

Even she herself knows what kind of temper His Majesty is, so wouldn't her father know? It's not that the people in the court have praised him so highly, he has become a little drifting over the years. If he were his grandfather, he would definitely keep the Lin family in check.

But her father was now the head of the Lin clan, and her grandfather had long since ignored her family background. She sent several letters to her family but received no reply.

No matter how domineering she is in the palace, it is only a matter between women. Her father has been an official in the court for not more than a year and a half, so don't you know how powerful it is?

Fortunately, she had already sent someone to tell her grandfather and handed her father's reply letter intact. If her grandfather saw it, he would definitely not sit idly by and ignore it.

It will take time for her grandfather to repair Mrs. Lin, and she cannot allow His Majesty to continue to be so disgusted with Mrs. Lin and her.

Although she, Lin Xuanji, was born noble and arrogant, in front of His Majesty, she had always been just the woman who deeply loved him. Although His Majesty had coaxed her and manipulated her in the past, it was true that she had been domineering for many years. As long as she could be allowed to Your Majesty and she have reconciled, so there is no harm in bowing your head.

As long as we can draw His Majesty's heart away from the other women and make him no longer like them, and then clean them up, His Majesty won't be too angry even if he guesses that it's her.

One and two of them are actually pregnant, how charming!

Thinking of this, Concubine Lin squeezed out two tears from her eyes, handed the Changle in her arms to the wet nurse beside her, got up and walked into the hall.

Her delicate face was stained with tears, and she was so pitiful. It was the first time for everyone present to see the arrogant and domineering Concubine Lin looking so pitiful and weak.

Concubine Lin's body was soft and graceful, she lowered her noble head, revealing a section of her snowy neck: "Your Majesty, I have something to say to you."

Qin Yuan was originally very dissatisfied with Concubine Lin, but it was seen that it was rare for her to bow her head. In such a scene, she had to listen.

He leaned against the bright yellow cushion behind him, turned his finger calmly, and said with a faint eyebrow, "Go ahead."

Seeing Your Majesty's permission, Concubine Lin raised her eyes softly, revealing a beautiful face with pear blossoms and rain: "I know I made a mistake. Changxin Palace reflected on it for several days, and finally understood your Majesty's good intentions. Today in front of all my sisters, I Here, I would like to report my wrongdoing to Your Majesty, and I hope that Your Majesty will give me a chance to change my ways. I will definitely learn to be self-restrained and polite, be lenient to others, and set an example for other concubines. I also ask that Your Majesty please read this to me. In view of my long-term friendship, I forgive you."

Concubine Lin had known Qin Yuan since she was a child, and they were childhood sweethearts.

Although he had never experienced the emotional love for her that was often written about in the book, she married into the prince's palace as a concubine after she was born. He was restless at home, but he also went through all kinds of hardships to give birth to a princess for him. His level of care was really hard to fault.

In these years, it was the first time that she could admit her mistakes in public with such humility.

Although he was dissatisfied with Mrs. Lin's publicity and disliked that Concubine Lin was becoming more aggressive now, he still couldn't bear to see her tearfully confessing her mistakes.

The scene where the two used to study and play together in Lin Guogong's mansion was right in front of him. Although his temper was not completely gone, he still felt a little softer.

Now is the New Year's Eve banquet, when the whole family is happy and happy, and with so many royal children present, Qin Yuan still wants to give her the face of a noble concubine.

He relaxed, and his calm tone softened a bit: "If you know your mistakes, you can improve them. As the head of the concubines, you are a virtuous person who leads by example. Since you have known your mistakes, and I have been in love with you for many years, naturally I don't No reason to forgive you."

"Hiiraimei, why don't you help the imperial concubine get up?"

Hiiragi hurriedly stood up from the side and helped the empress up. When Concubine Lin heard this, she knew that His Majesty was still moved by her. She had mixed feelings and was about to cry.

As arrogant as she is, she has admired His Majesty since she was a child. What she cares about most in her life is her friendship with His Majesty. Now that there is a possibility of reconciliation, it is more relieved than anything else for her.

While she was wiping her tears, she was helped to sit back down. The concubines in the palace looked more or less strange.

Concubine Lin has been domineering in the palace for many years. She finally had a low point after losing her power. I never imagined that I would choose such an occasion to make His Majesty relent. If this happens a few more times, maybe His Majesty will really favor Concubine Lin again. When the time comes, the Palace How can these people live a comfortable life?

Seeing her crying with joy, Shen Ji's heart became heavy.

Although Lu Cairen's pregnancy has diverted some of her attention at the moment, after all, the child has not yet been born, and she still feels uneasy.

After Concubine Lin's incident, the atmosphere in the palace gradually returned to the original laughter and laughter.

After the palace banquet on New Year's Eve was about to end, fireworks were set off in the palace. Everyone in the Liangyi Palace got up and followed His Majesty, going to lean on the white jade railing to watch.

Under the night, the gorgeous palace lanterns are bright, the night is like ink, and the colorful fireworks are gorgeous and intoxicating.

Beautiful things are always fleeting. Such beautiful fireworks and such a peaceful and beautiful snowy night made Shen Ji feel cold and uneasy in his heart.

After the grand fireworks, the New Year's Eve palace banquet has come to an end, and it's time to go to bed.

Concubine Lin looked at His Majesty expectantly, anticipating whether His Majesty would come to her palace tonight. Unexpectedly, His Majesty first glanced at Shen Ji, then patted the Queen on the shoulder and said warmly.

"Today is New Year's Eve, I will go to Fengyi Palace to accompany the queen."

Chapter 52

After hearing His Majesty's words, the light in Concubine Lin's eyes suddenly went out.

Although today was New Year's Eve, it was perfectly reasonable for His Majesty to go to Fengyi Palace, but she still felt disappointed. Why were there always so many women around His Majesty who were competing with her? Why couldn't His Majesty be the only one in his heart and give all his love to her? What about her?

Realizing that she was delusional, she grasped the brocade handkerchief tightly and turned back her gaze, no longer looking at His Majesty.

Under the shadow of heavily dressed and fragrant hair, Qin Yuan and the Queen were preparing to leave. Before leaving, the Queen Mother gave the Queen a meaningful look.

That look was full of meaning, and the queen knew what it meant.

Although there are many heirs in the harem, and there are currently two pregnant concubines, the Queen Mother still hopes that the queen can give birth to a legitimate son in the palace to control the emperor's heirs. There has always been a custom in the court of establishing legitimate children, although this has not been the case from generation to generation. But the legitimate son is always more favored and valued.

When His Majesty selected the Crown Princess between the government and the public, she was the one chosen by the Queen Mother herself. Not only because she comes from a scholarly family with a good family background, but also because she values ​​her character, being elegant and virtuous, and can serve as a role model.

Therefore, in the Empress Dowager's heart, the legitimate son she gave birth to with the emperor was the best among people, with upright character and outstanding literary talent, and could not be compared with those concubines who were hereditary.

But although the Queen understood the Queen Mother's expectations, this was not her expectation.

She hopes to have a child of her own, hoping to have a small life to brighten her unwilling life and add a touch of color to her mediocrity and withering day after day, but she does not want her child to be like her. Trapped in a deep palace with no freedom.

The Queen Mother was hinting to her that she should not be too reserved in front of His Majesty, but should also focus on His Majesty and please her in order to conceive a dragon heir as soon as possible.

But Wei Yiyao was Wei Yiyao. She was born to read thousands of books, had a vast heart, sympathized with all living beings, was unwilling to accept everything in the world, and never liked to flatter others.

Even just expecting to be equal and tolerant to everyone is already a luxury.

However, now that she is the queen and the mother of the country, she cannot control her words, deeds, or actions.

There were thousands of sorrows in her eyes, and she had too many words to say but hesitated, and finally just nodded.

The heavy snow has not stopped and the journey is difficult. Qin Yuan glanced at Shen Ji and told Zhang Pu: "Jade nobleman is pregnant and has inconvenience, so he is lucky to have a walking chariot to carry him. In this case, I also reward Lu Cairen for traveling on foot. It's snowy." The road is slippery, don't hurt your baby."

In the crowd, Lu Cairen smiled slightly and thanked him, and then Qin Yuan took the queen down the jade steps and returned to Fengyi Palace.

After the dinner, the concubines and members of the royal family also started to go back to their palaces through different doors. Lu Cairen looked at Shen Ji proudly, but without saying a word, he turned around and walked away with Song Tao.

Now that Lu Cairen is pregnant, she can feel proud after getting rid of her depression, and it is inevitable that she will feel more arrogant.

She used to be afraid that Shen Ji would be favored, and tried every means to trip her up, but everything did not go as she expected, and Shen Ji still kept a steady pressure on her. In the past year, Lu Cairen must have been very depressed, and now she is pregnant. , and his arrogance suddenly became arrogant.

Shen Ji was too lazy to pay attention to her, so he got on the chariot and returned to Du Yuxuan. He was worried all the way.

Too many things happened tonight, which made her who was already very uneasy feel even more unsure. She didn't know if Yun Xue was keeping an eye on Yun'er or if anything serious had happened.

Shuang Ying, who was following Buchuan, might have noticed the little master's thoughts, and said with a chuckle: "Little master, please be considerate, today is New Year's Eve, you shouldn't worry too much, otherwise the coming year will be full of troubles."

Shen Ji smiled with relief and nodded.

After returning to Duyuxuan, the first thing she did was to find Yunxue and ask about Yun'er's situation.

Junxue came over with a small plate of mutton dumplings and whispered: "I have been staring at her. Until you come back, I will let the other person continue to look at her. Although she talks very little and looks not very clever, she always looks at her. I'm working and I haven't done anything suspicious."

After hearing this, Shen Ji couldn't feel relaxed at all. She even hoped that she had caught the evidence of Yun'er's evil intentions. At least in this way, she could seize the opportunity and not be passive everywhere.

When Yun'er entered Yuxuan in the first place, he knew that she would make some moves and wanted to follow the clues to catch the person behind it. To his surprise, he still found nothing until today.

If Yun'er was arranged by Concubine Lin and acted in such a puzzling way, would Concubine Lin really be so scheming?

During the Lunar New Year, if the palace people are expelled from the palace without doing anything wrong, it means that the concubine treats others harshly. If word spreads, she will be laughed at, which will damage her reputation. It is really not good. Wait until the Lantern Festival is over and find an excuse to send her away. Get out and forget it.

The wonderful New Year's Eve made her so worried that she couldn't even eat the dumplings carefully made for her by Nanny Wu and Yun Xue.

She sighed, reluctantly ate two and asked Yun Xue to take them. She said warmly: "Thank you for your hard work today. The charcoal fires in the rooms of the palace maids and eunuchs will be sufficient until the end of the year. These days are the best days of the year." You can have a good sleep even when it's cold."

After taking off her hairpin and changing her clothes, Shen Ji's beautiful face was filled with sadness, but when she thought of Shuang Ying's words, if she looked sad on New Year's Eve, the coming year would also be troubled, and she suddenly felt relieved.

In fact, she was not a very superstitious person originally, but when she thought about the child in her belly, even if it was just a common saying, she was willing to take it seriously.

As long as she can bless her child to be born smoothly.

-

New Year's Eve.

The huge palace was sleeping, with snow falling all over the sky and silence. The endless night seemed to swallow up all the hustle and bustle of the day, leaving only the thin white moonlight shining on the falling snow.

At this time, except for the night guards and slaves who were on duty, almost everyone else had fallen asleep after a tiring and laughing day, but today was destined to be an extraordinary night, and there were still countless people tossing and turning on the bed unable to sleep.

Ban Yuya has been uneasy since she returned to the palace, especially when she thought of her sister's forced smile. In addition, Lu Cairen was pregnant, and Concubine Lin expressed her love to His Majesty. The situation in the palace was not peaceful, but because of Sister Yu, she herself She has been hiding in the comfort zone she created, and her heart is even heavier.

After lying on the bed with her eyes closed for a long time, Ban Yuya still couldn't fall asleep. She took a long breath and opened her eyes.

There was enough charcoal in the house, and it felt even hotter at night. She opened the quilt to let some air in, and her throat felt a little dry.

"Ning Lu."

Ning Lu was on duty in the house today. She should have woken up when she heard the sound. Why didn't anyone respond? Was her voice too soft?

Ban Yuya raised her voice slightly: "Ning Lu?"

There was a very subtle rustling sound coming from the other end, and it sounded like it was coming from the closet.

Ban Yuya had a bad premonition in her heart. She got out of bed barefoot and walked over softly. With a very weak candlelight, she saw Ning Lu rummaging around in her closet. She didn't know where she was. What to stuff in, he looked very nervous.

It turned out that he was a thief with a guilty conscience. No wonder he was so scared that he couldn't hear anything.

She kept Ning Lu by her side just for this moment. Today you finally show your fox tail!

Ban Yuya sneered and asked sharply: "Ning Lu, what are you doing?"

Ning Lu obviously did not expect that her late night actions would be discovered by her little master. She was so frightened that her face turned pale and the things she had not put in her hands fell out.

Ban Yuya quickly stepped forward and took something in her hand: "What is this?"

"Okay Ning Lu, I trust you so much, and you are the maid in charge of my palace. You actually did something to deliberately frame me. I wonder if I won't arrest you now and report it to Your Majesty and the Queen!"

Ning Lu felt guilty as a thief and knew that she was in the wrong. She was so frightened that she started to cry: "My master, I don't want it, slave girl... I was forced to have no choice but to betray you. I never thought of betraying you."

Ban Yuya's thoughts changed and she asked, "Who told you to do this?"

Ning Lu knelt on the ground and hesitated for a while, not daring to speak. Ban Yuya once again threatened to send her to see His Majesty right now, and let her be cut into pieces without a good death. Only then did she burst into tears and said: "Little Master, spare your life, don't do it." Take this slave to see His Majesty. It's... Concubine Lin asked this slave to do it. She said that if she didn't do it, she would kill her whole family. This slave had no choice but to..."

"This servant comes from a humble background. She only entered the palace as a slave to earn some money. She was only released from the palace when she was twenty-five years old. She never dared to get involved in disputes. If Concubine Lin hadn't threatened the family's life, how could this slave have done this? What if something hurts you like this?"

What she said was reasonable and well-founded, and she burst into tears. Ban Yuya stared at her for a long time, holding a small package wrapped in brown paper in her hand: "Then what is this, and what is its use?"

Ning Lu quickly shook her head: "I don't know, I'm just following orders. I just need to find an opportunity to put this bag of things in your palace. I don't know what's next."

Ban Yuya didn't dare to move rashly, so she opened the kraft paper and took a look. It looked like red powder inside and smelled faintly of alcohol.

She put the things away and sneered: "I don't care why you were bribed by Concubine Lin. After all, you have committed the death penalty of betraying the master. As long as I take this thing with you to the gate of Fengyi Palace now, I will call you again." If an imperial doctor comes to identify this thing, you will definitely die."

In panic, Ning Lu hurriedly hugged Ban Yuya's legs and cried while saying: "My little master, have mercy on me, my mistress, have mercy on me! I don't want to die! It's already late at night, and your majesty and the empress must have fallen asleep. Ruoyin One of your unfinished things made the palace restless on New Year's Eve and disturbed the emperor's dream. Maybe your majesty will punish you instead. Please give me a chance to make amends!"

Although Ning Lu intended to put something into the palace to persecute her, and she also said that the person behind it was Concubine Lin, there was still insufficient evidence that Ning Lu was from her own palace based on a packet of powder.

If she forcibly dragged Ning Lu to Fengyi Palace, and if Concubine Lin falsely accused her of deliberately taking the powder and framed Concubine Lin with people in her own palace, then she would have nothing to say.

But if Ning Lu can expose Concubine Lin in public and tell the detailed cause and effect, as long as the structure is clear and His Majesty sends someone to check, it will be possible to establish evidence that Concubine Lin bought Ning Lu with the intention of framing her.

Although she still couldn't figure out why Concubine Lin wanted to kill her, Ning Lu had actually been hiding beside her for a long time, maybe she wanted to take advantage of it to get rid of her.

If Ning Lu is caught this time, it will be good for Sister Yu as long as she can kill Concubine Lin again.

After thinking about it, Ban Yuya finally stopped hesitating, looked at Ning Lu and said, "If you follow me to Fengyi Palace tomorrow morning, I will tell your Majesty and the Queen everything about Concubine Lin and you." My dear, please identify me carefully and I will beg Your Majesty to spare your life."

Ning Lu's eyes flashed, and she immediately knelt down and kowtowed: "Thank you, little master. I will tell the truth truthfully and will never lie!"

Chapter 53

Seeing Ning Lu vowing to survive, Ban Yuya felt a little more confident.

If it hadn't been New Year's Eve and it was snowing again, there would have been someone on duty in her porch every night. But today was special, so she only left Ning Lu in the room. Now it was impossible to find a eunuch to lock Ning Lu in the woodshed. .

She pushed open the door, and the strong wind howled into the hall on a snowy night. It was so cold that people's bones ached. The courtyard was covered with white snow everywhere, and even the palace lantern in the corner of the courtyard had been blown out. Except for the sound of the wind, there was no sound everywhere. Not seen either.

If we go to the eunuch's maid's room again at this time, we might get into trouble. The more people who know what happened tonight, the more unexpected it will be.

Although it would make her feel uneasy the next night, at this time, not only did she press Ning Lu to accuse Concubine Lin of causing too much trouble, she was also very worried that disrupting the peace of the palace on New Year's Eve would lead to His Majesty's dissatisfaction.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Lunar New Year, and all the concubines will bow to His Majesty and the Queen at that time. At that time, she asked Ning Lu to testify against Concubine Lin, and maybe other people who were against Concubine Lin would also put pressure on her. Anyway, it's better to be safer.

Thinking of what might happen tomorrow, Ban Yuya became more and more nervous. She was panicked and cold. Her whole body was trembling slightly, but she did not dare to close the door completely.

There was too much charcoal in the house, and she was as hot as an ant on a hot pot. She was anxious and restless. Only when the wind and snow blew, the heat could be calmed down to a certain extent and she could get a sense of stability.

From the time she can remember to entering the palace for the past fifteen years, she has always been a timid and timid person. She obeyed her parents in everything at home. After entering the palace, she was also cautious and did not dare to take a step. She relied on Sister Yu for everything and hid in the palace. My sister enjoys leisure after death.

She was timid and fearful, and came from a humble background, so she was bullied and looked down upon everywhere. Even the maids in the Yuhe Hall would secretly talk about her behind her back, saying that she was just relying on a good sister to help her.

In this palace, only her sister is kind to her.

Teach her, protect her, and give her guidance, so Ban Yuya can't always be useless or a burden.

This is why she kept Ning Lu by her side even though she knew something was wrong. Even if she could help her sister a little, that would count as her making progress, right?

After being blown by the wind for an unknown amount of time, Ban Yuya's mood finally calmed down. Half of her body was almost numb by the wind, and the snowflakes condensed into ice crystals on her hair melted the moment she closed the wooden door.

She turned to look at Ning Lu. Ning Lu was kneeling on the ground without raising her head. She immediately raised her head when she heard the sound of the door closing. Her tearful eyes were full of flattery and pleading.

"You remember clearly the exchange between me and you. I will spare your life if you expose Concubine Lin's conspiracy with you and harm me. If you dare to be petty, I will not let you go even to death."

Ban Yuya bolted the door, took out a slender garter belt from the closet, and tied Ning Lu's hands and feet: "You can just make do with it tonight, I don't trust you at all."

It was an extremely restless night's sleep, and Ban Yuya woke up at dawn.

She called the palace maid who was working outside to comb her hair and makeup, and untied the garters on Ning Lu's hands and feet.

She was going to Fengyi Palace soon. She had to arrive early and not delay.

After washing and changing clothes, Ban Yuya ordered the people around her: "Take Ning Lu into custody and escort her to Fengyi Palace with me."

The two maids looked at each other, stunned.

Ban Yunv was always talkative and weak in Yuhe Hall. She rarely even talked to the palace people. She usually gave orders to Ning Lu, and Ning Lu passed them on and assigned work.

This was the first time that they saw Ban Yunv ordering them, but she actually detained the palace maid in charge of Yuhe Hall. She spoke so softly, and they didn't know what she could do.

The two little palace maids were a little surprised, but their expressions were unconvinced. Ban Yuya frowned: "You can't understand what I'm saying, right? Do you want me to take you to Fengyi Palace to wait and see?" "

After hearing this, the two palace maids lowered their heads and moved, sandwiching Ning Lu on the left and right.

Ban Yuya saw this scene in her eyes and suddenly became furious.

Two mere young palace maids dared to be so negligent to her words. This shows how Ning Lu usually taught her and what she said to them every day.

But today's situation was urgent and it was not the time to worry about this. Ban Yuya stood up and walked out of the Yuhe Hall first, followed closely by the three palace maids.

It snowed all night last night. Although the palace staff got up early in the morning to clean the roads, Roufu Palace is a bit remote, so the palace staff went to places closer to His Majesty first. It is difficult to travel in the snow here. Every foot must sink in deeply.

Ban Yuya walked to Lingbo Pavilion with difficulty. She originally wanted to tell Sister Yu, but the snow was so difficult to walk, and she didn't know if Sister Yu had set off. She was really afraid of wasting time, so she gave up after thinking about it.

When they arrived at Fengyi Palace, His Majesty and the Queen were chatting and drinking tea in the main seat. Several concubines below were chatting and smiling, and the atmosphere was harmonious.

On such a good first day of the new year, she was told about the disaster. She jumped up in her heart for some reason, clenched her fists tightly, and pondered for a while before she knelt down with a bang: "Your Majesty, my empress, I have something important to tell you." !"

The eyes of everyone in the palace fell on Ban Yuya. The two maids behind her brought Ning Lu into the palace and then exited and waited outside the palace. In the huge Fengyi Palace, Ban Yuya and Ning Lu were kneeling behind her. When the concubines who came in one after another from outside saw this scene, many of them looked strange and talked in low voices.

The Queen glanced at His Majesty and said warmly: "Don't worry, get up and talk."

"Today is the first day of the Lunar New Year, why should we be so solemn?"

Ban Yuya said in a low voice: "Thank you for your concern, the Queen, but if I want to say something, it is better to kneel down."

She turned her head to look at Ning Lu and said angrily: "After the palace banquet on New Year's Eve last night, I slept very late because I was restless. I accidentally discovered that Ning Lu, who was supposed to be on duty in the house, was missing. I held up a lamp to check secretly. , I found Ning Lu sneaking around in the closet, trying to stuff this object into my concubine's closet."

"I asked her yesterday who was instigating her. After some questioning, she said it was Concubine Lin. I was shocked. I don't know when I offended Concubine Lin and actually bribed people around me to put some pickled things in the palace. Here, I was worried that going out rashly at night would spare Your Majesty and the Queen from having a clear dream, so I tolerated not bringing her until early this morning. I also asked Your Majesty to investigate her carefully and give me justice."

She had been thinking about these words over and over in her heart all night long, thinking that she could find no fault with them. Now that she said them in one breath, she seemed to feel lighter, but then she felt anxious and nervous.

When Qin Yuan heard the mention of Concubine Lin in Ban Yuya's words, he couldn't help but frown slightly, and his originally happy mood sank a bit. He had just changed his view of her last night, so why did he want to cause trouble again today.

His voice was low: "Concubine Lin?"

Ban Yuya was about to speak, but as soon as His Majesty finished speaking, Concubine Lin walked in from the door of the palace and responded delicately: "Does Your Majesty call me my concubine?"

She smiled and carried her luggage to His Majesty: "I would like to send my regards to Your Majesty, please give my regards to the Queen, and congratulate you on the New Year."

There was no smile on Qin Yuan's face. He looked at her and said word by word: "Did you instruct the maid next to Ban Yunu to frame Ban Yunu?"

Concubine Lin's smile suddenly froze, and she said with a confused look on her face: "What did your Majesty say?"

At this time, Ning Lu, who had been kneeling on the ground silently, cried and said: "Little Master, I really can't do this. Little Master, I really don't have the courage. Please spare me, Little Master."

Ban Yuya thought it was because Ning Lu didn't dare to instruct Concubine Lin in public, so she became a little anxious: "We agreed last night, have you forgotten?"

Ning Lu cried and kowtowed: "My young master, please spare this slave. I have been frightened all night. I really don't dare to accuse Concubine Lin at will. Please admit that you have done something wrong, and I will beg you as my slave!" "

"How dare I falsely accuse the imperial concubine and the empress because I am from a humble background? Even if I have ten thousand courages, I would not be able to do such a thing..."

Hearing Ning Lu's words, Ban Yuya's pupils suddenly dilated, and she said in shock: "What?"

"What we said last night was obviously not..."

Before she finished speaking, Ning Lu immediately said: "I know that you gave me many instructions last night and I must follow your instructions. But I have always been afraid and I really can't stand the torture in my heart. Now that your Majesty and the Queen are here, little one." Lord, you'd better admit it!"

Lin Guifei, who was standing next to her, was shocked. Her charming and smiling face suddenly froze. Only then did she realize what this meant. She was afraid that His Majesty would be dissatisfied with her again, so she knelt down and said, "Your Majesty is aware that I have no idea." I just listened to this matter for a while and found out that it was the imperial concubine who accused me of bribed the palace maid to murder her, but I have never done such a thing. This is really a disaster. Please give me a clear warning and clear my mind. ."

This happened on the first day of the new year. The palace was quiet for a while. Concubine Yi sat down and put down her tea cup, breaking the silence: "I wonder if I haven't woken up yet, so I seemed a little confused." "

"Ban Yunv said that Concubine Lin bribed the palace maid Ning Lu to kill her, but the palace maid Ning Lu was overwhelmed and made Ban Yunv take the initiative to confess that she had framed Concubine Lin. What happened?"

Her voice was very soft, and she raised her eyes to look at Ban Yunu, with a hint: "But I saw that Ban Yunu and Ning Lu just said something - they agreed last night, I don't quite understand, if it is Concubine Lin, He instigated Ning Lu to harm Ban Yunv, and Ban Yunv caught Ning Lu on the spot, so she should hate her to the core. What does 'promise' mean?"

Ban Yuya had never thought that Ning Lu would betray her in public, and she suddenly became anxious: "I caught her last night and promised to spare her life if she truthfully told Your Majesty the cause and effect of Lin Guifei's instigation. I am not the empress." That's what I thought!"

"She wants to harm you, but you still want to spare her life? Ms. Ban is so generous."

"I was just worried about the incident in the past night. I was also worried that Ning Lu would not tell the truth when she came to Fengyi Palace today, so I agreed to her like this. Who would have thought that she would actually talk nonsense and slander me today. I am really... It's unjust."

Such a big scene frightened Ban Yuya to tears, her eyes were red. She held up a small packet of powder wrapped in brown paper and said, "I really didn't lie. Last night Ning Lu clearly said that Concubine Lin ordered her to do this." I put the bag in my closet and promised that I would come to Fengyi Palace today to identify Concubine Lin. I didn't expect that Ning Lu would slander me in order to save her life. I really didn't do that..."

Ban Yunv was frightened and burst into tears, but Concubine Yi smiled very naturally and said as if unintentionally: "I just pointed it out because I thought it was a little strange. It's my fault that you are crying like this."

Ji Gengyi, who had been silent underneath, said coldly: "I see that the imperial concubine does have something in her hand. Your Majesty, why don't you ask an imperial doctor to take a look? If it is really some kind of rare poison, how can we commoners do it?" Origin, even if you think about it, you can't get it."

Chapter 54

What Ji Gengyi said makes sense.

No matter how favored a woman from a commoner background is, she is ultimately helpless and has no information outside the palace. Even if she really wants to get something prohibited, it will be extremely difficult.

Ban Yunu and Ning Lu each held their own opinions, and Concubine Lin also complained about injustice.

Just listening to the remarks was still unreasonable. Not only the conversation with the palace maid was suspicious, but there were also many contradictions in what she said and did.

Although there are many people in the palace who hate Concubine Lin, without clear evidence, rashly taking sides may implicate themselves, not to mention that these concubines don't look very smart, and no one is willing to wade into this muddy water.

Now that Ji Gengyi had proposed to test the medicine at the right time, people in the palace were also curious as to what could be in here.

On the first day of the Lunar New Year, His Majesty summoned him, and the imperial physician on duty in the Imperial Medical Office immediately woke up, took the medicine box and ran to Fengyi Palace.

Everyone in the hall was waiting with bated breath. When the imperial doctor came in, he was startled for a moment. Seeing this posture, he was so scared that he was sweating.

He hurriedly bowed and saluted and went in: "I would like to send my regards to Your Majesty and the Queen Mother."

Qin Yuan's face darkened slightly and he said softly: "Look at the poison in Ban Yunv's hand."

The imperial doctor was ordered to go over, took the package of kraft paper from Ban Yunv's hand, and opened it carefully. He first observed it carefully, then fanned it with his hand and smelled it, with a look of doubt in his eyes.

After confirming, he took out the tweezers from the medicine box and took them out for observation. Finally, he held them between his fingers and smelled them. Then he put down the things and walked forward to return to life.

"Your Majesty...this..." He bowed deeply, "This is not poison, but safflower soaked in wine, dried, and ground into powder."

"Safflower has the effect of activating blood circulation and removing blood stasis, and the effect is better when soaked in wine. If you have blood stasis or Qi and blood blockage, it is very suitable. However, it cannot be given to pregnant women, otherwise there will be a risk of miscarriage."

Qin Yuan frowned: "Red pollen?"

Concubine Yi glanced at His Majesty: "Red pollen--"

"I remember that when I was pregnant with the second prince, the imperial doctor once told me that pregnant women should never touch safflower. Excessive consumption will cause miscarriage. But safflower powder is very good for women who have never been pregnant. The medicine can promote blood circulation and stimulate menstruation. Just now, Queen Ban said that Concubine Lin bribed the maids around you to harm you. Was it to harm you with red pollen?"

She covered her lips with a handkerchief, lowered her eyelashes and said softly: "But the Queen of Ban was never pregnant."

Ban Yuya was stunned for a moment when she looked at the red pollen: "... red pollen?"

At first, she always thought that Concubine Lin wanted to harm her intentionally, but how could it be red pollen?

Could it be that Lin Guifei's goal from the beginning was not to kill herself, but to kill two birds with one stone, first secretly killing Sister Yu, and then letting herself take the blame?

Will Sister Yu be over? !

Ban Yuya was about to speak, but Concubine Lin sneered when she heard this: "This is really ridiculous. I have never heard of anyone using red flowers to harm anyone. Ban Yunu, you are just slandering me. You, now that the evidence is conclusive, it is not poison at all, how can you still argue?"

She looked at His Majesty and said with emotion: "Your Majesty, now the imperial doctor has verified what this is, and it is not poison at all. This has proved that Ban Yunu is talking nonsense and slandering my concubine. Your Majesty, please clear my concubine's name and punish Ban severely." Queen!"

There was a lot of noise in the palace, and Shen Ji got off the chariot and walked into Fengyi Palace. From a distance, he heard Concubine Lin shouting that she wanted to punish the imperial concubine severely.

What did Yuya do to make Concubine Lin ask for His Majesty's orders so confidently?

A very strong ominous premonition arose in his heart. Shen Ji supported Shuangying and walked faster. As soon as he entered the palace, he asked: "I don't know what mistake Ban Yunu made to make Concubine Lin So cruel."

She let go of Shuang Ying's hand, hugged her plump belly, and greeted His Majesty and the Queen. She looked anxious and said, "I was so worried that I lost my temper for a moment. Please forgive me. It's just that I don't know what wrong things Ban Yunu did." ?"

Seeing Shen Ji coming, Qin Yuan raised his hand to signal Shuang Ying to help her sit down, and the queen said warmly: "Prince Ban brought the maids around her to report early in the morning, saying that Concubine Lin ordered the maids around her to stuff stuff in the wardrobe in her palace. Medicine, with the intention of framing her. But the palace maid next to her said that all this was directed and acted by Ban Yunu, who wanted to frame Concubine Lin. To be safe, His Majesty asked the imperial doctor to check the package of medicine, and only then did he know where it was. It's safflower powder."

After the queen finished speaking, she expressed her inner thoughts: "Your Majesty, I think this matter is quite strange."

When Concubine Lin saw that the Queen was biased again, she hurriedly said: "The evidence is solid at this time, why doesn't the Queen believe it?"

Qin Yuan glanced at Concubine Lin coldly, and she gritted her teeth reluctantly.

The queen said slowly: "I remember that when Ban Yunv entered Fengyi Palace, she said that Concubine Lin ordered the palace maid Ning Lu to stuff something into her wardrobe. At that time, she did not say clearly whether it was poison or something, so Ban Yunv's body was It is reasonable for a person who is being framed not to know what is going on. If she really wanted to frame Concubine Lin to do something to her, why would she choose safflower powder? Wouldn't this be like shooting herself in the foot."

"As for Concubine Lin trying to use this bag of red pollen to frame Imperial Concubine Ban, it doesn't make sense. Imperial Concubine Lin is not pregnant, so what's the point of Concubine Lin instigating Ning Lu? There are many doubts about this matter, but in the end The key is, I'm afraid it's still the palace maid Ning Lu."

Qin Yuan knocked on the table and said slowly: "The queen is right. There are many doubts about this matter, so we cannot easily draw a conclusion."

He looked coldly at the palace maid Ning Lu who was kneeling in the palace: "I'm afraid this palace maid is dishonest. I'll drag her down with a cane and beat her until she tells the truth."

In the ice and snow, such a punishment is tantamount to death. Ning Lu was immediately frightened, crying and throwing herself on the ground and shouted: "Your Majesty, spare your life! I tell you the truth, I tell you all!"

Qin Yuan moved his fingers slightly, and the eunuchs on both sides who were about to come forward to arrest people retreated and said softly: "I will give you a chance to talk properly, but my patience is limited. This is the only time. If you are not honest, I will let you They will kill you with a stick."

Ning Lu cried so hard that she looked at Ban Yuya cautiously, then lowered her head and said: "Your Majesty, I didn't dare to say it because I was afraid that it would bring greater disaster. In fact, my master What she wants to falsely accuse Concubine Lin is to use red pollen to frame the Jade Concubine's dragon fetus."

"Although my little mistress seems to be like sisters to Yu Guiren, she has long been dissatisfied in her heart. She thinks that everything she gets around her is charity from Yu Guiren, and she has long been secretly jealous. She and Yu Guiren are friendly on the surface, but in fact they often curse in secret. , I felt that even though I was born as a commoner, the Jade Lord could be so favored and pregnant with a dragon fetus, I felt dissatisfied, so I wanted to use secret means to get rid of the child in the Jade Lord's belly."

"So the young master bribed the slave and another palace maid, and asked her to attack Noble Jade. He also made up lies and asked the slave to identify Concubine Lin, saying that all this was Concubine Lin's idea, so that he could be picked clean. ."

"This servant is from a humble background. In addition to serving the young master, I only wanted to save some money so that I could go home when I was twenty-five years old. I never wanted to get involved in the palace disputes. The young master gave me a lot of valuables and asked me to do this. I was so confused that I agreed to this, but I thought about it day and night and was so scared that I didn't dare to slander any master's reputation, so I had to postpone it until today."

Ning Lu kowtowed to the ground several times, and her white forehead was covered with blood. She really looked like she was extremely regretful: "Your Majesty, please be clear about this. I only know so much."

At this time, Lu Cairen next to him touched his belly and spoke: "If what this palace maid said is true, it is only reasonable for those royal ladies to pretend to be ignorant and instead come to Fengyi Palace first to call for the thief. If you really want to kill two birds with one stone, In our plan, it is indeed a clever method to remove yourself first."

Ban Yuya looked at Ning Lu in disbelief. She could actually say a set of things that had never happened so naturally. Even the reasons, plans, and thoughts were all made up to suit the current situation, just to make things happen. Confirm that she wants to harm Sister Yu.

She never thought that Ning Lu had the ability to confuse right and wrong, to turn black into white, and to accuse her of murdering a concubine and the emperor's heir out of thin air!

The expressions of everyone in the palace were suddenly full of excitement. They looked at her with a rather surprised and contemptuous look. Even the faces of His Majesty and the Queen on the throne became a little darker.

Ban Yuya kept shaking her head and cried: "Your Majesty Mingjian, Queen Mingjian, I have always been on good terms with Sister Yu, how could I do such a thing, not to mention I am just a mere imperial concubine, how dare I, How can you make such a plan?"

"I initially thought that Concubine Lin ordered Ning Lu to harm her, but now it seems that Concubine Lin is probably a drunkard who doesn't care about the wine. Concubine Lin deliberately bribed Ning Lu, hoping to kill two birds with one stone and kill the child in Sister Yu's belly. Use this red pollen to falsely accuse me!"

Concubine Lin sternly scolded: "How presumptuous! It's clear that you have done something wrong and are jealous, and now you want to deny it? Now that there are certified physical evidences, each one points to you, you will be blamed on me for your empty words and your clever words." , How can I tolerate a wicked woman like you?"

She looked at His Majesty, and her expression suddenly became sad: "Your Majesty, I also have a long life, I know what it is like to be a mother, and I have never thought of harming the child of Noble Jade. Not to mention that I have never thought about this, even if I really want to kill two birds with one stone. , that is to say, first get rid of the child of Lord Yu, and then find a way to bring it to Yuhe Hall for investigation, and then find out that it is Ban Yu's daughter who did it. How could I let this palace maid go to Ban Yu in such a good way? It doesn't make sense for a woman to stuff things in her closet!"

Your words to each other caused Qin Yuan to have a headache early in the morning. Ban Yunv and Lin Guifei each insisted on something. The queen couldn't make up her mind for a moment. She held her forehead and said to His Majesty: " Your Majesty, after all, this matter involves Noble Jade, why not let the imperial physician see how the dragon fetus in Noble Jade's belly is doing first, and then send someone to find the maid in Noble Jade's palace that Ning Lu mentioned and ask what happened."

Qin Yuan nodded in agreement, frowning and drinking half a cup of cold tea.

The imperial doctor waiting next to her nodded and stepped forward to check Lady Yu's pulse. At this time, Shen Ji finally had a chance to speak. She looked at Ban Yuya who was kneeling in the hall and was sobbing, and said worriedly: "Your Majesty, I believe that Yu Ya is absolutely perfect." He is not such a person, please Your Majesty to investigate this matter clearly."

Seeing Shen Ji anxiously pleading for Ban Yuya's mercy, Qin Yuan suddenly felt a little distressed.

When it came to her own safety and the safety of her unborn baby, she first thought about Ban Yunu, whom she regarded as a sister, rather than herself. She was too kind and sensible.

Qin Yuan's tone softened a bit, and he comforted her in a gentle voice: "Don't worry, I will investigate carefully and won't let anyone be easily manipulated."

Chapter 55

The imperial doctor who checked Shen Ji's pulse carefully checked her pulse, stood up, walked into the hall, and bent down deeply: "Your Majesty, Your Majesty, the noble lady is still normal now. The fetal movement is fluent, like a coiled pearl. There is nothing serious."

"It's just that Wei Chen has just noticed that the little master Yu is getting angry because of the incident with the imperial daughter, which causes the fetal energy to fluctuate slightly. The mother's body and the fetus are one, and if the mood fluctuates, whether it's happiness, anger or sadness, it will hurt the fetus. I hope the little master will recover. My mood is for the sake of the dragon fetus."

Hearing that the fetus in his belly was fine, Shen Ji breathed a sigh of relief and nodded immediately.

The stable fetal air showed that the child in her belly was fine, but the so-called red pollen had not been used on her, and it was not Yuya's fault as Ning Lu said.

But she was fine, and it also proved that it was not Concubine Lin who did it. So what happened?

Although the fetus was fine, the ominous premonition in her heart never disappeared.

Did Concubine Lin do this? Then why did she target Yuya instead of herself? Is it just because Yuya is somewhat doted on now.

But in terms of favor, Ji Gengyi and Lu Cairen, who had never been pregnant before, were slightly better than Yuya, so why didn't Concubine Lin deal with them?

Or does she want to get rid of Yuya first and cut off her support in the palace?

The situation was chaotic, Shen Ji's mind was spinning rapidly, but there was still no suitable answer.

She really didn't understand that even if she wanted to kill two birds with one stone, she should have been ill first before getting Yuya in her turn. However, she didn't lose half of her life, but Yuya was behind bars.

This game took a lot of effort to complete, and until now there is no conclusion as to why.

Although it is still unclear, Yuya is now in danger because she is trapped in the crime of murdering her pregnant heir and slandering Concubine Lin.

It was she, the elder sister, who single-handedly pulled Yuya out of Yeting and reached where she is today. She had also promised Yuya that they would go on together, so how could she see her in danger.

Hearing the imperial doctor say that Lady Jade is fine, Qin Yuan breathed a sigh of relief, and his frowning eyebrows relaxed a bit: "It's best that Lady Yu is fine."

"What the Queen said just now is right. This incident is inseparable from you two palace ladies. Someone, please find the palace lady Ning Lu mentioned, and then search the things around her to see if there is anything strange. "

Hearing this, Ning Lu raised her head carefully and said, "Your Majesty, it's Yun'er."

Qin Yuan gave her a cold look, and the people below him immediately understood and then went down.

When Shen Ji heard Yun'er's name, he became even more flustered.

Ever since Yun'er entered Yuxuan, she knew that Yun'er was not a simple person and had been sending people to keep an eye on her, but she also knew that Yun'er had actually never done anything.

Now when it comes to Yun'er, although she has always been honest and honest, Shen Ji knows that he has already fallen into the trap of the person behind the scenes.

A chill suddenly rose up my spine. Even in Fengyi Palace, where earth dragons were extremely prosperous and warm as spring, I couldn't help but break out in a cold sweat.

She took every precaution and thought she was smart, but after all, the old man in the palace had the upper hand.

So Yun'er, what did you do in this game?

Concubine Lin would never be able to think of such a sophisticated and complicated way to play with people's hearts, let alone such a deep thought.

Then could it be Concubine Yi who came up with the idea behind her? Concubine Yi had been following Concubine Lin to advise her, thinking hard about why she listened to Concubine Lin like this.

Is she just trying to do everything for Concubine Lin because of fear, or is it because of her mother's clan?

But if it is really Concubine Yi, with her scheming, she can completely escape from Concubine Lin's control for so many years, and there is no reason for her to always be subordinate to others.

Questions popped up one after another, and Shen Ji finally realized what a deep palace was.

If you don't have enough mind, you will be like a chess piece. If you are not careful, you will fall into the game carefully arranged by others. But this time, she obviously only saw the first layer in front of her.

Not long after, Yun'er was twisted from the outside into the hall, kicked her knees and knelt down.

"Your Majesty, this is what was found on the palace maid Yun'er."

The leading eunuch handed a similar brown paper bag to Zhang Pu. Zhang Pu opened it with his own hands and presented it to the imperial physician for examination.

The imperial doctor examined it carefully again and said, "Your Majesty, it is the same red pollen as the bag in Ban Yunv's hand."

Ban Yuya's knees weakened and she collapsed on the luxurious carpet of Fengyi Palace.

The queen looked at her with a trace of unbearable look in her eyes, and asked Yun'er: "Yun'er, how did you get this red pollen? You have to explain it in detail. No lies or selfish interests. Otherwise, the palace You know better than me how to deal with the regulations."

Yun'er's hair was messy. She was trembling with fear when she saw the battle in front of her. She knelt on the ground and said tremblingly: "My slave Yun'er entered Du Yuxuan to serve me nearly two months ago. Originally... I was originally a classmate. The royal maid asked the slave to find a way to get into Du Yuxuan, and she also said that she should secretly put this thing among the things that the noble lady usually comes into contact with, and if it is not enough, she can secretly get it from her."

"But I am just a rough messenger in Du Yuxuan, and I have no chance to get close to the things around my little master. Moreover, Du Yuxuan is extremely well-defended. I tried my best to fail, but your majesty and the Queen are asking you to take care of me." For the sake of never actually taking action, please spare this slave's life!"

Both of them said that it was Ban Yunv who instigated it. There were all the witnesses and material evidence, and even the cause and effect were reasonable. What's more, Concubine Lin was right. If she really didn't like Yu Guiren's child, she wouldn't have used such clumsy and harmonious methods. Reckless means.

Could there be a third person here?

Ban Yuya--

Qin Yuan quietly closed his eyes and tapped his index finger heavily on the armrest, making it impossible to guess what he was thinking.

He knew that Yu Gui and her were as close as sisters and had a good relationship. Even when he set his sights on Ban Yunv for the first time, it was also because Shen Ji contributed to the situation.

Although he felt sorry for Shen Ji, the facts were before his eyes, and he had to make a decision to put an end to the harem rumors.

Concubine Lin knelt until her knees were numb, but looking at the situation in front of her, joy flashed in her lowered eyes.

She raised her head, her arrogant and beautiful face now looking pitiful: "Your Majesty, now that the evidence is complete, it is a definite fact that Ban Yunv falsely accused me. I know that I acted domineeringly and openly in the past, which made many people unhappy. Therefore, it is inevitable that I will bear a bad reputation, but I have done something that I have never done, so please don't let your Majesty have any quarrel with me because of it."

Qin Yuan looked at Concubine Lin, then at Royal Concubine Ban, and said softly: "Concubine Ban, your concubine, behaved inappropriately and slandered the concubines. Fortunately, it did not lead to a big mistake. I hope that Concubine Jade will intercede for you. For this reason, from now on, I will demote my daughter and be grounded for three months."

"As for these two palace maids, although they had delusional thoughts, they stopped at the brink and exposed Bancai Nu. The merits and demerits are equal to each other. In this case, I will spare your lives, and you must serve me well."

"The Buddhist hall in the longevity palace can best purify people's hearts. From today on, you two will go to the longevity palace to serve the Queen Mother. You will be beaten and scolded, endure hardships and stand hard work, and wash away your sins."

Ning Lu and Yun'er couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief as they saved their lives. They twitched and fell to the ground and said, "I thank your majesty for your kindness."

Qin Yuan hummed: "Hiiraimei, help your mother-in-law get up."

Concubine Lin was helped up, and her knees were sore that she almost fell down. She looked so weak. When she saw Ning Lu and Yun'er retreating, the joy in her eyes suddenly turned into vigilance.

Normally, the palace ladies involved in the incident would be beaten to death with sticks and thrown into mass graves, while the lighter ones would also be sent to hard labor and thrown out of sight. His Majesty actually asked the two of them to go to the Palace of Longevity?

Could it be that His Majesty discovered something?

The palace was quiet again. The concubines watched a good show early in the morning on the first day of the Lunar New Year. At the end of the performance, everyone left. Only Ban Cainu sat in the center with a look of despair.

They looked at Ban Cai Nu with different expressions.

Some people felt happy to have defeated a favored concubine, some felt it was a pity not to overthrow Concubine Lin, and others thought she was really stupid.

With so many people in this palace, it was clear that most of them had been humiliated by Concubine Lin and suffered from her, but when it happened, no one was willing to say a word.

His Majesty's imperial edict has been issued and the dust has settled. Ban Yuya has already cried until her eyes are red and swollen. At this time, she looks at the group of concubines who are like flowers and jade around her, and she just feels confused.

Why exactly is this happening?

Shen Ji looked at Yu Ya who was in despair, and his heart tightened uncomfortably.

She knew that Yuya had always been timid, and it took a lot of courage to come out and expose Concubine Lin today, but neither of them expected that the person who wanted to harm them was fully prepared and waiting for them to fall into the trap.

Now Yuya was demoted to the lowest Cainv and was confined to Yuhe Hall for three months. It was said to be three months, but after three months, will Your Majesty still remember her? Who can guarantee that she will not suffer or be punished during these three months?

How should Yuya live in such a cold winter with no one to take care of her.

The people below came up and took Yuya away. She was lifeless from beginning to end, like a puppet who had been drained of her energy.

Shen Ji wanted to say something, but couldn't, but his eyes couldn't help but turn a little red.

The queen on the throne watched with pity as Ban Yuya was taken away, and said warmly: "Today was originally the first day of the Lunar New Year, and I never thought of such a thing. Fortunately, Your Majesty has already dealt with the matter, so you can rest assured." It's Chinese New Year."

"It's getting late. I and Your Majesty have to go to pay your respects to the Queen Mother. You all should go back and rest."

"Jade nobleman is in a bad mood today and will inevitably be hurt. Shuangying, you have to take care of your little master."

Sitting on the chariot on the way back to Du Yuxuan, Shen Ji was still thinking about whether there were any loopholes in the incident just now, hoping to find some solution to restore Yuya's innocence.

Concubine Lin and Concubine Yi tried their best to attack Yuya--

It snowed all night last night, and it stopped snowing early today.

The sun rises brightly in the east, and the sun shines brightly on the snow, several times brighter than usual.

The snow is not cold and not very slippery, but when the snow melts, it is the opposite. Not only is it extra cold, but a lot of the snow under the feet also turns into water and freezes into ice, making it slippery when walking.

Shen Ji was quietly thinking about what had just happened, and she didn't realize that the charioteer who was carrying her was walking more carefully than usual.

While she was immersed in thinking, one of the charioteers accidentally slipped and fell heavily to the ground along with the other three charioteers. The charioteer also leaned forward for a moment, and was about to push the noble lady out.

Chapter 56

The action of falling down has great inertia, which caused several charioteers carrying the chariot to slip heavily on the ice.

The charioteer who fell first had a hemp rope tied to his hand and pulled the chariot onto the unploughed snow next to it, causing the entire chariot to tilt forward vigorously.

In fact, it was quite light when Chaanhu fell to the ground. After all, it was not very high, and there was snow on both sides of the road underneath him. But Shen Ji, who was sitting on the chair, was not so lucky.

She sat above everyone else, her position was much higher, and the chairs under her were made of wood and had hardwood handles. Although Shuangying had sewed soft cushions early in the morning for fear of her back pain, she had just been immersed in it. When Yuya was framed, she had no intention of caring about other things.

Something happened suddenly, and she was caught off guard. She was so frightened that she was about to fall out of the chariot and roll to the ground.

She is now nearly six months pregnant. Her belly is swollen and her body is heavy. If she rolls down from such a high place, the baby will definitely not be saved!

"Little Master!"

In the flash of lightning, Shuang Ying, who had been following Shen Ji, rushed forward almost without thinking, trying to place his body under Shen Ji.

The long crossbar of the walking chariot suddenly hit her soft waist and abdomen. Shuangying instantly turned pale from the pain, but she didn't have time to think. She grabbed Shen Ji's fallen arm first, and with a scream, the two of them started to move together. He fell heavily to the ground.

With Shuangying as a buffer under her body, Shen Ji's belly fortunately did not hit the ground directly, but fell sideways onto the cold gravel road. However, something unexpected happened and she fell from a high place again and hit the side of her belly. The abdominal pain continued, and I was covered in cold sweat. I fell to the ground and could not get up.

The honor guard who followed him and the palace people around him were shocked and shouted loudly: "Jade Master has fallen! Go and call the doctor!"

People came and went on the palace road, forming a crowd and hurriedly ran towards Shen Ji. Shen Ji fell to the ground and held his stomach in pain until tears flowed uncontrollably. He could only hear the footsteps in his ears, the screams and voices of the palace people. One after another.

But the pain in her abdomen became more and more intense, and she had no time to think about anything. Her heart was filled with despair that the child might leave her. After an unknown amount of time, her vision gradually blurred, and finally her vision went black and she fainted.

When she woke up again, she was lying in Du Yuxuan's bedroom.

Shen Ji opened his eyes with difficulty, and there was a rustling sound not far away, and then he heard the Queen's surprise saying: "Your Majesty, the noble lady is awake!"

Qin Yuan walked over quickly and sat on the head of her bed. He looked at the pale-faced Jade Nobleman and felt heartbroken: "It will be fine when you wake up. It will be fine when you wake up."

Shen Ji was lying on her back, covered in cold sweat, and still a little frightened. The first thing she did was touch her belly. When she touched the bulging belly, she breathed a sigh of relief.

The strings in her heart suddenly relaxed, and the dense pain in her limbs surged up, making it unbearable for her to move even a little bit, and she also felt uncomfortable in her stomach.

She slowly turned her head to look at His Majesty, tears falling from the corners of her eyes: "Your Majesty...how is the child?"

Qin Yuan held her catkins covered with cold sweat and said warmly: "Today, you were overly worried about Ban Cai Nu, and you were frightened and fell off the chariot. Your fetus was shaking. Fortunately, your maid, Shuang Ying, was very loyal. , I protected you in time, so that you wouldn't have a miscarriage. Dr. Sun has carefully diagnosed and treated you, and prescribed tonics to calm the fetus and nourish the heart. It will take a few months to recover, so you should take good care of yourself during this period. Titus, I will allocate a few good ones for you to serve you."

Shen Ji said weakly: "Thank you, Your Majesty, for helping her--"

"You don't have to worry. She has done a good job in protecting the Lord. I have given her permission to rest and called the imperial doctor for treatment. When you feel better, I will give her a good reward."

"Thank you Your Majesty for my concubine." Shen Ji thanked her softly, and Qin Yuan said slowly: "You are pregnant with a body of gold. Although it is inevitable that some people will fall on the slippery road in the snow, after all, it is the charioteer who served you who failed to help, and we almost escaped. If you and your heirs are harmed, I have severely punished them and sent them to work as handymen, and are not allowed to serve in the inner palace, so you can rest assured."

Hearing the treatment of the chariot husband, the knot in Shen Ji's heart that had been blocked seemed to be suddenly untied. She raised her eyes quickly and looked over: "Your Majesty has already dealt with the man?"

Qin Yuan didn't know what Shen Ji was thinking, so he hummed and said warmly: "They were wrong and I have already punished them, so you don't have to worry."

"You have been unconscious for most of the day, and you must be hungry now." He took a bowl of light porridge from Zhang Pu's hand, "I will feed you some light porridge, so as not to be empty in your stomach."

She was unconscious for most of the day, and His Majesty had already punished them. After the dust settled, she became suspicious and felt that something was wrong with the charioteer's wrestling at this time. At this time, no one would believe her. Instead, they would think that she was pregnant because of the fetal force. He is unforgiving to his subordinates.

It is normal for the road to be slippery in the snow to fall down. Even if the slave walks accidentally, who would think it was intentional.

What's more, the incident with Ban Cainu just happened, and such a frame-up method followed, which is natural and inconspicuous.

If Shen Ji hadn't been there and kept thinking about it, someone else might have thought that her fall was an accident rather than man-made, and wouldn't have noticed it at all.

It would be fine if it were others, but something was wrong with Yuya today, which made her have to think deeply.

In the past, she had never understood what the plan was in Fengyi Palace this morning, and why she attacked Yuya. Now it seems that he deliberately wanted to use Yuya's incident to worry her, and then hid his backhand. I want to use a perfect strategy to kill two birds with one stone.

This move, which struck in the east and west again and again, was so enchanting that it took into account people's hearts, making her still scared when she thinks about it.

She didn't care whether Concubine Yi was coerced by Concubine Lin, had no choice, or had other reasons, but she always used these tricks to deal with herself. She was really a terrible person.

Fortunately, the child has been saved. When she gives birth to the child, Concubine Lin and Concubine Yi, she will settle the accounts carefully.

Qin Yuan scooped up a spoonful of clear porridge and handed it to Shen Ji's mouth. Her long eyelashes stained with tears trembled slightly and she said softly: "Your Majesty, I want to have a few words with you alone."

Since Shen Ji entered the palace, she has always been obedient and sensible, and has never made any excessive demands. Today, she was uneasy because of Ban Cainu's incident, and just now she fell off the chariot and almost gave birth. It was rare for her to make a request. , Qin Yuan would not refuse to agree. He was silent for a moment and said in a deep voice: "The queen has worked hard today to deal with the affairs of the harem. Go back and have a good rest. The others have also dispersed, so there is no need to wait in the room."

After they left, Shen Jicai said pitifully and softly: "Your Majesty, do you think it's such a coincidence that I fell from the chariot?"

"Why is it so good? Yesterday I didn't fall, I won't fall tomorrow, but today it happened after Ban Cainu's accident?"

Qin Yuan put down the bowl in his hand and said warmly: "Are you saying that someone deliberately bribed the charioteer's slippery feet after Bancai Nu's accident to cause you to fall and miscarry?"

Shen Ji subconsciously clutched the quilt: "This person has a vicious mind, I have no choice but to think this way."

Qin Yuan was silent for a moment and patted the back of her hand gently: "I know that there are many doubts about Ban Cai Nu, so I did not execute the two palace maids, but sent them to the Longevity Palace. This is also for you and her. For the sake of affection, if this were not the case, I would not go to a lot of trouble."

"But this matter is very involved and the evidence is conclusive. I have to punish her in order to rectify the palace and avoid rumors. You said that someone wants to frame Ban Cainu. I believe it, but it snowed heavily last night and today is the New Year. First, time is tight, and it is inevitable that the palace people will not be able to clear the snow in time. Even I have fallen in the snow, let alone a servant. I know you are worried about your child, but you can't worry too much, lest you hurt your body even more. "

"The most important thing right now is to give birth to the child safely."

What His Majesty means is that he doesn't believe it and doesn't want to cause trouble again.

Although it was reasonable and Shen Ji had been prepared for it, he still felt heartbroken when he heard it with his own ears.

She looked at His Majesty steadily, lowered her long eyelashes and said softly: "I would like to thank Your Majesty for your grace. Yuya is timid by nature. She is not the kind of person who thinks carefully. Today's matter will definitely not be that simple."

"As for the charioteer matter... I may be worrying too much. Since Your Majesty has already punished me, I naturally have nothing to say."

Qin Yuan was relieved to see that Shen Ji could think openly and did not go too far. He picked up the porridge bowl again and personally fed it with a spoonful. Although the two rarely spoke, the atmosphere was harmonious.

After she finished eating some soup and porridge, Qin Yuan put down the bowl and said: "Although it is a mid-year holiday, I have to approve the previous dynasty. You can drink the medicine and have a good sleep later. I will come to see you later." ."

Shen Ji nodded slightly: "I respectfully send you to Your Majesty."

In this palace, women's favor and wealth depend on the emperor's favor, but His Majesty cannot always rely on him.

Shen Ji once had a chance to think about whether His Majesty would be furious on her behalf, but now it seems that the harem is the harem. If she wants to restore Yuya's innocence and seek justice for herself, she still has to rely on herself.

Yun Xue walked in with her head lowered and carrying the tonic she had just brewed. Her eyes were red, as if she had just cried. She whispered: "My dear master, the medicine is ready. Drink it quickly."

Shen Ji endured the discomfort all over his body and took the medicine bowl, and asked in a warm voice: "How is Shuangying?"

Junxue looked at the little master's appearance, lying pitifully on the bedside of her bed and crying: "Sister Shuangying suffered severe injuries to her back, waist and abdomen in order to save you, her spine was broken, her organs were bleeding, and she is still in a coma. On."

Shen Ji's pupils shrank suddenly and he asked hurriedly: "What did the imperial doctor say?"

"The imperial doctor said that although Sister Shuangying was seriously injured, fortunately her life was saved. She just has to suffer for a long time to recover from her injuries. I'm afraid I won't be able to serve you for a while." Junxue secretly wiped her tears with a handkerchief, "Fortunately, little sister The Lord and your dragon fetus are fine, otherwise Sister Shuangying will be very sad."

Hearing that Shuangxing was fine, Shen Ji finally felt a little more relaxed: "Send a few more people around Shuangxing to take care of him, use the best medicine, and tell me what he needs if he needs anything, or just go to the maid and save him. We must cure Shuangxing." Frightened."

"yes."

Junxue waited for her to drink the medicine and then left, but Shen Ji's heart still couldn't relax.

She almost lost her child, but Shuangying was seriously injured in order to save her, and Yuya was demoted and placed under house arrest due to the incident.

In such a cold winter, with ice and snow everywhere, Shuang Xing and her were miserable, but at least they had food, drink, and someone to take care of them, and they managed to save their lives.

So how will Yuya live her life now?

Chapter 57

"Bancai Nu, things are different now. Your food expenses will be reduced. Now, this slave has tried every means to get these."

A pair of female hands appeared in sight, pushing a tray over impatiently.

In the dim room, no one even lit a candle. The dinner on the tray was a bowl of brown rice and a plate of sour vegetables. Even the servants ate better than this.

After being brought back to the Jade Lotus Hall for confinement from Fengyi Palace in the morning, she didn't go anywhere. She kept sitting in the room in a daze. She was demoted and grounded because she was suspected of murdering Concubine Lin and Concubine Yu. There was only one palace maid left beside her. Roughly.

In the past, Yuhetang was quiet and elegant. Although she had a lower status, she had His Majesty's favor and Sister Yu's help. No one dared to disrespect her. She had all the best food and clothing.

Now that he has lost power overnight, the end will be so miserable.

The wooden door was closed heavily, and the palace maid who came in to deliver the meal twisted her waist and walked out, clapped her hands in disgust: "What is the difference between this Yuhe Hall and the Cold Palace now? So many people inside have been dismissed, and I am left alone to guard here. Yes, it's really unlucky."

"A mere civilian girl dares to overstep her limits and try to get involved with Imperial Concubine Lin and Imperial Concubine Jade. I don't know what kind of star she is. Now she is banned. I'm afraid I won't be able to return to my favor in this life. I can't spend the rest of my life here. We have to find a way to get out of here..."

The maid's disdainful voice became farther and farther away, and her heart seemed to become colder and colder, becoming more and more numb.

After being dealt with by His Majesty, the servants knew that she was afraid that she would not be able to gain power, so they secretly divided up her power, deprived her of her due role in picking girls, and treated her with all kinds of perfunctory humiliations, but she could not do anything. Nothing can be done.

In the ice and snow, the room in Yuhetang was so cold, as if the air was leaking through the gaps between the doors and windows. It was so cold that it seemed as if the seams in her bones were full of human-eating ice. It absorbed every inch of her body's warmth, making her sit motionless, but her whole body was still feeling... Shivering.

When the sun sets and the moon rises, and the house becomes completely dark, it feels like even my pounding heart is frozen solid.

My sister used to say that it was common for people in the palace to worship those who are superior and those who are inferior, and to act according to the prevailing circumstances, but although she had heard it, she had never felt what it was like, but today she felt it completely.

That she would end up like this was inseparable from Concubine Lin.

Today, one after another, they fell one after another, leaving her unable to resist and catching her off guard.

She naively thought that she had already planned to catch Ning Lu and was able to find Concubine Lin to help her sister. But after all, she was too stupid, too naive, and too scheming. She never thought about what Ning Lu did from the beginning to the end. In Lin Guifei's plan.

These things couldn't be such a coincidence. She, Ban Yuya, had been in someone else's trap from the beginning, waiting for her to jump in.

She jumped like this stupidly, fell into the trap of Concubine Lin, and sent her from the clouds to hell in one fell swoop, and even instigated the relationship between her and Sister Yu.

Concubine Lin, you have such a cruel heart.

Ban Yuya's tears slowly flowed out in the darkness. She moved her frozen hands slightly and accidentally knocked off the chopsticks. The "snap" sound was particularly clear and loud, as if it was the sound of her dignity being shattered.

In this dark night, she could see nothing but the thin moonlight shining through the window.

Today is the night of the first day of the Lunar New Year. I don't know how many people are laughing, chatting, and eating delicious dinner in the dormitory. Concubine Lin is probably very proud of herself, except how happy she is as a beloved concubine who is by the side of the noble lady.

She was the only one who met a miserable end.

It was windy outside, and the two guards on duty at the entrance of Yuhe Hall were afraid of the cold, so they secretly ran to the door of the dormitory to take charge. One of them dusted off the cold air on his body, shivered and complained: "If something hadn't happened in the palace, it wouldn't have been my turn." It's a good New Year's Day for me to suffer here. The rest of the unworthy brothers have all gone home. My wife and children are so comfortable in the hot bed. It's just us two brothers who are unlucky and something like this happened to us."

"You'd better keep your voice down. How do you know whether the person inside is asleep or awake? If one day you gain power and take a grudge, you will suffer the consequences."

"She was originally a low-born imperial concubine. Now she offended Concubine Lin and Concubine Jade and was demoted to a concubine by Your Majesty. She is also banned here. What can she do if she hears it? There are dozens of concubines in the palace, and there are few who don't cause trouble. She has committed a major crime now. What will happen in the future? I am afraid that when the limelight is over, someone will come to deal with her. "

"That's what you said, but these girls have always been said to have a good relationship with Yu Guiren. Why are they so obsessed with framed Yu Gui and Lin Guifei? They are living a good life, but they are blinded by jealousy. The women in the harem are really not to be underestimated. watch for."

"Yes, I thought that Lady Jade escaped from her hands, but unexpectedly she fell off the chariot. I heard that she was unconscious for a long time, and alerted His Majesty and the Queen. I don't know if she woke up now. "

Sister... fell off the chariot?

Ban Yuya's despairing and gloomy eyes finally relaxed a little after hearing the news that Yu Guiren fell off the chariot.

How could this happen? Everything she did today was to get rid of Concubine Lin to reassure her sister. Now that she was grounded because she was not as skilled as others, why did she end up hurting her sister in the end?

Ban Yuya got up in the dark with tears on her face, stumbled to the door, opened the door, startled the two guards at the door and said, "You just said that Lady Yu fell off the chariot. Now, Is this true? How is Sister Yu doing now, and is the child in her belly okay? "

It was easy to hide in the middle of the night, but he was startled by Ban Yuya. The guard was so frightened that he took two steps back angrily and guiltily, and said, "Jade nobleman fell off the chariot." Naturally, we will not make up things that everyone in the palace knows. Now that Ban Cainv has been demoted and confined to the Jade Lotus Hall, why should she still care about the affairs of the Jade Noble? If His Majesty finds out, we will not end well. ."

As he spoke, the guard was about to close the door and shut Ban Yuya back into the room, not wanting to say more to her.

Ban Yuya hadn't heard the news about Sister Yu yet, so she clung to the edge of the door and refused to let go. The room was dark, except for a weak candle in the corridor, which was blown to pieces by the strong wind.

The guard had a guilty conscience, and when he lowered his head and saw Ban Yuya's red eyes, looking straight at her like an evil ghost, regardless of the unpleasantness in his words, he said word by word: "How is Sister Yu doing now? "

"How do we know? We heard this news on the way to Jade Lotus Hall for duty. If it weren't for His Majesty's order, the two of us must be on duty here. At this time, we should celebrate the New Year outside the palace and invite Ban Cai Nu. Don't make things difficult for us."

At this moment, Ban Yuya's expression was quite scary. Although she was in a state of desolation, the deathly silence in her eyes made people dare not look directly at her. She always felt as if she was going to die at any moment. The guard who spoke knew that he was speaking ill of someone in front of her face. , and because he was neglecting his duties, he felt guilty and panicked, so his tone of voice was not polite, and he pushed her back in a hurry as he spoke.

Suddenly, with great strength, Ban Yuya was pushed to the ground. There was a heavy "thud", and she didn't know where she hit her. She couldn't get up for a long time.

Hearing no movement inside, the guard who was pushing her was so frightened that his hands were shaking, fearing that he might have pushed her to death by mistake, and he was so panicked that he didn't know what to do.

The people next to me were also shocked: "What's going on? There has been no movement for such a long time. Could it be that she is dead? I said you are too presumptuous. She is His Majesty's concubine anyway. You have resentment in your heart." It shouldn't be so barbaric."

"What's the use of saying this now? Let's quickly see what's going on."

The two took down the palace lantern on the corridor to shine it, opened the door and went in. They carefully asked in the dark: "Bancai Nu, are you okay? I was in a hurry just now, for fear of causing trouble, please don't forget Go to your heart, I am here to apologize to you."

"Bancai Nu...?"

Before the person who spoke had finished speaking, he suddenly felt something move at his feet, pounced on him, and tore something off him. He was startled and quickly took the light to shine it. , and saw Bancainv holding the sachet on his body in her hand and looking at him faintly.

"From today on, you both have to listen to me, otherwise I will take this sachet and call people, saying that you two intend to rape and kill me."

Ban Yuya's expression was cold, with an unyielding determination, and she said slowly: "The women in the palace cherish their appearance the most. If I say this, no one will disbelieve me. Even if I fall out of favor with your majesty today, one day I will be Your Majesty's woman will be your Majesty's woman for life. If you tell me that you are trying to take advantage of the concubines, we will all die together."

The two guards looked at Ban Yuya with dumbfounded eyes and kept retreating. They could not imagine that she would be so vicious and risk everything, even losing the face of her own woman!

Crazy, what a crazy person!

A woman's reputation has always been the most important thing, and this is even more true for concubines in the palace. Your Majesty is the emperor, how can anyone dare to cuckold your Majesty?

Men have always been suspicious in this regard, and regard women's chastity as the most important thing. If Ban Cai Nu really calls people like this, I'm afraid the three of them will be quartered!

"I know that your guards work in shifts, and someone will come to replace you early tomorrow morning. I don't ask too much, and I won't let you do anything difficult. As long as you listen to me, when I am released, you will naturally Return the sachet to you."

When she spoke, her expression was terrifying, as calm as a corpse. This was not the first time for these two guards to walk around the harem. I had only heard that Bancai was a little favored, and had a gentle and timid temperament. I had never thought about her. He would be such a crazy person.

The thing is now in her hand. As soon as she calls someone, the people patrolling outside the door will come immediately. When the time comes, they will not be able to wash themselves off by jumping into the Yellow River. They look at each other and can only admit that they are unlucky and kneel down. Xia said: "Don't worry, little master, we will listen to you. Please leave some room for us. We still want to work well in the palace."

Ban Yuya looked at them quietly, with no trace of intolerance or compassion in her eyes. The door in front of her was open, and the cold wind howled outside and blew into the dark room, blowing her messy and bloody black hair: "Tomorrow morning, I want to I know how Sister Yu is doing now, and you have to tell me one by one about the major events that happened in the palace. The food delivered must be fresh and non-toxic. As for how to do it, you have to think of it yourself."

"When I end up in this situation, I am already a half-dead person. Don't take chances and think that I don't dare."

In the sixteen years she has been alive, Ban Yuya has always been timid, soft-hearted and stupid. After entering the palace, she was also dull in everything. She relied on Sister Yu's help and advice and did nothing well.

When someone bullies her, she only dares to wipe her tears and cry. When someone gossips, she only dares to pretend not to hear. She doesn't know how to govern, and is not good at words. She can only feel at ease in front of her sister for a moment.

She thought that this world would always leave her the opportunity to grow up slowly. She could grow up step by step and become as smart as her sister and take good care of herself, but she was still too stupid.

In this palace, no one really wishes her well, no one really respects her at all, and treats her as a person. Even His Majesty, he only treats her as an existence for fun and teasing in his spare time.

Once he loses power, the trees fall and the hozens scatter, the tiger falls to the ground and is bullied by dogs.

Even the most despicable palace servant in the palace could step on her, causing her to suffer so much humiliation that her life was worse than that of a dog.

She now figured out why she ended up in this situation.

Because she is soft-hearted and stupid, she always takes chances, always stands behind others waiting for care, and always gets by without daring to do anything.

Because she is too afraid of death.

Those who are soft-hearted, timid, and have no courage in this palace have their own fault for falling to this point.

And she will take back all the humiliations she has suffered, even if they both die.

Chapter 58

Such a big event happened on the first day of the new year. His Majesty was furious and the Queen Mother was also worried.

The queen summoned the concubines again the next day and gave them a beating. She warned the concubines in the harem to abide by the virtues of concubines and not to be jealous again. Finally, she had a peaceful year.

After carefully taking care of her in bed for half a month, Shen Ji's damaged fetus finally stabilized, but she still had to take care of her. Your Majesty promised her to put the fetal gas first in everything, and promised not to sleep in the morning and dusk, but only in Duyu. Just raise the fetus.

It's the Lantern Festival, and as soon as today is over, this year will be completely over.

Yun'er's incident implicated Ling Cui. Shen Ji had sent Ling Cui away a long time ago. First it was Qiu Lu, then Yun'er and Ling Cui. There were several fewer people serving in Shen Ji's palace.

After Qin Yuan found out, he specially sent two capable men from the imperial court to serve him. One was named Qingtan and the other was named Qingchen.

His background is clean, and he has been serving in Jianzhang Hall all year round. He is embarrassed wherever he goes, and no one dares to have any thoughts on the people around His Majesty.

Du Yuxuan finally felt peaceful inside and out.

Junxue and Qingtan helped Shen Ji get up from the bed, slowly sat on the soft cushion in front of the window, and whispered: "Little master, be careful."

Shen Ji's complexion has gotten much better in the past few days, and his face has regained a bit of rosiness, but his expression is still gloomy and not very happy.

Even though half a month had passed since the last incident, she still felt shocked every time she thought about it. Shuangying was still too injured to get out of bed, and even Yuya had been grounded.

It would be better if Shuangming saved her life and took care of her slowly, but it was Yuya who made her worried.

She had asked Junxue to visit Yuya secretly several times, but the guards on duty prevented her from seeing her. She didn't know how she was doing now.

For a concubine who was demoted and banned for a crime, and whose status was low, how could the slaves in the palace give her a good life? What's more, Concubine Lin was vicious, and Yuya was so timid and cowardly. This time something unexpected happened. , to put it bluntly, it was also for her. Every time Shen Ji thought about it, he always felt uncomfortable.

Junxue looked at Shen Ji's worried look and whispered: "Little Master, today is the Lantern Festival, and the guards in the palace are lax. Besides, every time I went to Yuhe Hall before, it was during the day. The guards on duty during the day were probably afraid. I won't be accommodating because I'm causing trouble, so why don't I go there tonight, bring some food to the two guards, and then ask them to be accommodating, I think it's safer."

Hearing this, Shen Ji finally had some sparkle in her eyes. She nodded and said in a very soft voice: "What you said is a good idea. The guards in the palace have always been working in shifts, so it is impossible for everyone to be perfect. Dan, make some snacks tonight and bring some good wine. As for Yuya, prepare more clothes, food, and money, so she can always use it."

Junxue nodded and sighed softly: "I understand, I will choose a good time to go there when it gets dark tonight."

"Nowadays, many people in the palace say that the young master is jealous of your pregnancy and favor, and does not like that Concubine Lin has ended up in such a situation. In fact, Concubine Lin is the most vicious person. The young master and you are like sisters, and they are like sisters. How could she do such a thing? What's more, the young master has always been favored since she was favored. Although your majesty does not love her as much as you do, but with her grace, it will be a matter of time for her to get pregnant. Hate the scheming and vicious person Rong. The favor remains the same, but we all suffer."

"I once heard that low-level concubines who lose power in the palace often end up miserable. Not only do they not have enough food and clothing, but their dignity is ruined. Although they are grounded, they are like a cold palace. In the past, His Majesty also liked the young master, but when something happened, Still don't believe her."

Junxue wiped her tears as she spoke, lowered her head and said: "This slave made a mistake, please punish me."

Shen Ji raised his wrist to help her, and said softly: "You see Shuang Ying in pain every day, and you feel worried and unhappy about her. How could I not know that?"

"Yuya and I have been from the same hometown since we were young. Although we were not close in the past, since we have been in the palace for such a long time, we have become more and more familiar with each other. She is not defensive about me and is sincerely good to me. I know better than anyone else that I sincerely regard her as my wife. Sister, that's why I have always pulled her to stay with me in the palace, sharing weal and woe. And you and Shuangying are the closest and most trusted people around me. I will remember everything that Concubine Lin does to us. In my heart, I will never forget a single bit."

"I will definitely find a way to rescue Yuya, and I will also let people continue to treat Shuangying so that she can recover well and completely."

Junxue nodded solemnly and dipped her tears in the handkerchief handed over by Shen Ji: "Yes, I understand."

After she got up, she exited the room to pack the things she needed to go to Yuhe Hall tonight. At this moment, Qingtan led several palace servants from the outside and walked in slowly, raising the curtains and taking a plate of breakfast. The dish was placed on the round table.

"Little Master, breakfast is ready. Please serve it to you."

Qingtan is twenty-three years old this year. She has been serving in the Jianzhang Hall since His Majesty first ascended the throne. She is careful and steady, very discerning, and is a very honorable maid in the palace.

She is now transferred to Du Yuxuan, which shows that His Majesty attaches great importance to the noble lady and the child in her belly.

Shen Ji glanced at Qingtan and said softly: "It seems that I came back later than before."

Qingtan Fushen said: "To return to the young master, I met the palace maid next to Ji Gengyi at the Shangshi Bureau today, which delayed me for a while."

"Ji Changyi?"

Ji Yufu has always been favored since she was favored. Except for the past half month since Shen Ji's fetal movement on New Year's Day, His Majesty has often visited Du Yuxuan and rarely visited other concubines, but this one Both times, I still had to change my clothes.

She has always been cold-tempered, doesn't like to laugh very much, is not close to anyone, and doesn't seem to be a spoiled person. What's more, no matter how favored Ji Gengyi is, she is still a lot wrong compared to Du Yuxuan, and she won't be able to compete with Du Yuxuan. Qingtan had a quarrel.

Shen Ji raised his eyes and looked over, asking, "But what happened?"

Qingtan said clearly: "When I went to the Shangshi Bureau, I happened to see the maid Miaoyin next to Ji Gengyi taking the meal and leaving. However, on the way to leave, I met Songtao next to Lu Cairen. , the two of them got into an argument over a piece of plum blossom cake."

"This matter is not my business. I should have taken the things and left, but before I left, I was stopped by Miao Yin. She said that I used to be a member of the imperial family, and the most important thing in speaking is fairness, so I asked my slave to judge right and wrong. , there were many people watching around, so in order to escape as soon as possible, I listened to a few words."

Shen Ji frowned slightly: "Plum blossom cake is a snack in the south of the Yangtze River. It is only delicious when made in winter. You cannot enjoy it during the season."

Qingtan nodded and said: "That being said, Ji Gengyi's gift is a favor personally appreciated by His Majesty. If not, I'm afraid Miao Yin wouldn't come to fight for it. This is a favor personally rewarded by His Majesty, and Miao Yin is the one who received it personally." When he came, the slave said that it was understandable that he had given this portion to Miaoyin, but Songtao refused to give up, saying that Ji Changyi was just a changer, and he was not worthy of eating such good food. Lu Guiren was pregnant with the dragon heir, so He is a man of great wealth, and it is really funny to say that although this servant is a person from the Imperial Palace, he has become so careless after entering Du Yuxuan."

"Noble Lu? What a domineering palace maid," Shen Ji said softly, "Although His Majesty promised to promote the Lu family as a noble in the spring of next year, the decree has not come down after all, so he is still a talented person, even if his master is pregnant and favored, Song Tao should also be more careful."

"Although Ji Gengyi and I are both from the common people, His Majesty likes him, and we are both His Majesty's concubines. Songtao's disrespectful words are already a big mistake. What's more, you are the person sent by the emperor after all, and she is so rude. ."

Qingtan nodded slightly and said in a calm tone: "Although the slaves were sent by His Majesty from the imperial palace, they are only palace maids after all. Even quarrels between palace maids are common. Ke Songtao took advantage of the fact that his master was pregnant, and in the Shangshi Bureau He spoke rudely, fought for the things given by His Majesty, disrespected Ji Changyi in his words, and even made insinuations about my mistress. This is a crime of great disrespect."

"All the people in the Shangshi Bureau have seen this, and no one can be wronged. The servant then gave a few words to the people in the Shangshi Bureau and asked them to spread the word. I think it won't take a few days for Lu Cairen to rely on his favor. Jiao, the rumors about your lax command will reach His Majesty's ears."

These words made Shen Ji look rather sideways, and he couldn't help but raise his eyes and take a deep look.

Qingtan and Qingchen were sent by His Majesty, so it was true that they would not tamper with her food, but she could not guarantee whether they were loyal to Shen Ji.

They have served the emperor for several years and are His Majesty's eyes. Now that they are with her, although they are to take care of her dragon fetus, they also make Shen Ji feel that there are His Majesty's spies around him.

Shen Ji has not subdued Qingtan and Qingchen yet, and he doesn't know what they are thinking. Qingtan has such an idea and has done such a thing spontaneously before telling her, which makes her even more confused. No more thoughts.

If she is His Majesty's spy, she should inform His Majesty about this matter first and will not act rashly.

She looked at Qingtan steadily and suddenly smiled: "Qingtan, you did a good job in this matter."

"It's just that I don't understand. You've only been following me for half a month. How come you want to do things for me?"

Qingtan Fu knelt down, lowered his head and said calmly: "This slave understands the misgivings of the young master, but I just ask the young master to rest assured."

"Your Majesty once said when he sent slaves and Qingchen to serve one person, one must be loyal to one person. Now slaves and Qingchen are my mistress's, and they should pay attention to everything for me. I have been in the palace for several years. You are quite measured in what you do, and you will never do anything that affects the little master."

There are many maids serving in His Majesty's Jianzhang Palace, and ten of them are of the Qing generation. They are the maids who have been serving His Majesty since he ascended the throne. They are all smart, well-informed, taciturn, steady and careful. Here, He is the most inconspicuous person in the harem, but second only to Zhang Pu, he is the most respected person.

Shen Ji looked at her up and down for a long time before stopping his inquiry and smiled softly and calmly: "I was just asking casually, get up quickly."

"People in the palace are unpredictable, and I am also careful."

Chapter 59

There are still four months left before giving birth. She can safely use Qingtan and Qingchen, but she doesn't dare to reuse them now.

Qingtan is indeed a palace maid from the imperial court. She speaks and behaves prudently and can find no faults. She can make Lu Cairen eat a pot with just a few words. If it were Shuangying and Yunxue who did the same thing, they would definitely do the same thing. It won't work.

The two of them are quite prestigious in this palace, and there are people who are familiar with each other in each palace. If they can be used for their own purposes, and they are as loyal as Qingtan says, it will be a great help.

Shen Ji was helped by Qingtan and sat down at the table to prepare for the meal. She took out a silver needle from her sleeve and tried the dishes one by one. She also asked the little eunuch who was testing the dishes for her to taste them one by one. Only then could I prepare dishes for her with peace of mind.

The people who come out of the imperial palace are different after all. She has trained Shuang Ying and Junxue for so long, and now she has some exquisite thoughts. Now that she sees such a smart palace maid ready-made in front of her, she can't help feeling a little emotional in her heart. He also took a high look at Qingtan.

-

The days are short in the cold winter, and the nights are gradually rising. The nights of the Lantern Festival are always particularly lively.

It's the last day of the Lunar New Year. After today is over, it will be back to normal from tomorrow. Both the concubines and the palace people are happy at this time.

In the imperial garden and corridor, colored lanterns are hung in various places in the palace, and in front of each palace door there are also hanging decorations made in the palace. It is not yet dinner time, the sky has just darkened, and people are walking around with lanterns outside. There are already many.

On this day, the Rishang Food Bureau will distribute Yuanxiao to each palace in the evening. The masters' Yuanxiao will be cooked separately according to their taste, while the slaves' Yuanxiao will be stuffed with black sesame. There will be a bowl of hot soup with two round balls in it. The white dumplings can warm your stomach to your heart in this cold winter.

Many people's eyes are focused on lively places like the Imperial Garden. Even the slaves below tend to be lazy today and always want to crowd in and join in the fun.

Qingtan and Qingchen followed Grandma Wu to serve the young master and distribute rewards. Yunxue secretly walked through the pear forest to Roufu Palace carrying a small baggage.

Only Concubine Zhuang and Concubine Bancai lived in the Roufu Palace. Concubine Zhuang was a very talkative person, so she left a back door through a letter in the afternoon.

She sneaked all the way to the door of Yuhe Hall. Unlike Concubine Zhuang and the eldest prince, who were laughing happily and decorating with lanterns, she felt cold as soon as she arrived at the door of Yuhe Hall.

There were two guards standing in front of the circular arch, one on the left and one on the right. They looked across the yard and looked into the room. The light inside was dim, as if a candle was lit, and a figure could be vaguely seen inside.

There was not even a maid serving in the courtyard, it was so desolate.

It is true that Ban Cainu was convicted and banned, but she was still Cainu after all, and she was His Majesty's concubine. Cainu should have two people to serve her, so how could she be in such miserable condition.

As soon as she thought about it, Junxue knew that these slaves were bullying the weak and afraid of the strong. She guessed that the mistress must have offended her mistress and Concubine Lin. These people thought that she would never get up again and would have to fend for herself in the Jade Lotus Hall. He was so careless and negligent, and he didn't know if he was ordered by Concubine Lin, so he couldn't help but feel a little angry.

She suppressed her anger and kept telling her little master's instructions. With a smile on her face, she stepped forward and put a piece of silver into each hand: "Two guards, please be accommodating and let me go in to see you." Meet Mr. Ban."

These two guards were the two men who were coerced by Ban Yuya. For the sake of their own future and life, they had been working conscientiously on duty these days and nights, without daring to slack off in the slightest.

Now this unfamiliar palace maid actually said that she wanted to go in. It would be bad if something went wrong and the person inside went crazy.

They returned the money, but blocked it with their arms and said coldly: "Who are you? We are ordered to guard the Yuhe Hall. No one can put it in. Otherwise, if something goes wrong, none of us can afford to suffer."

What's more, the Lord inside has the effectiveness of both of them. Although life is not as good as before, there is no shortage of food and clothing, so there is really no need to worry so much.

Junxue had never thought that the guard guarding the door had such a righteous heart, so she hurriedly got closer and said, "Brother, don't worry, I am Junxue, the palace maid next to Mr. Yu, and I came here specifically to visit the little master Ban. Our little master and Ban I have sympathy for my sisters. I have always been concerned about my little master. I am worried that she will be wronged because of the lack of food and clothing in there, so I came to give some to you. I will never stay in there for too long and cause you trouble. I only put down my things and said a few words. Just leave."

When they heard this, they frowned and whispered: "We heard that the young master was jealous of Jade Lady's pregnancy, so he wanted to harm her and frame it for Concubine Lin. I'm afraid it won't be possible for Lady Jade to come to deliver something at this time." It's appropriate."

Junxue immediately retorted: "The young master Ban was innocently framed, and his relationship with our young master is still the same. Where did you hear these words? Don't talk nonsense."

"Our little master is now pregnant with the emperor's heir, and he is favored by his family. You don't want to delay the little master's affairs and delay his future, right?"

With a smile, she stuffed the money over again and took out a bottle of wine from the bag: "Today's Lantern Festival, the two eldest brothers are on duty in the palace. It's hard not to be reunited with the family. After the watch, I will take the money and go out to eat something good." , let's drink some wine to warm ourselves up."

It was hard to offend the noble lady, and the conditions were really tempting, so they hesitated a bit.

Ban Yuya in the room seemed to realize that the person at the door was lingering for too long, so she opened the door and looked over. When she saw the person clearly, she turned out to be Junxue. Her cold expression suddenly softened a bit, and she said: " Let her in, she won't do anything to me."

Then they breathed a sigh of relief, accepted the money and wine, and said politely: "Then you speak faster, we will guard outside."

Junxue was already prepared to talk at the door, but she was a little surprised that they agreed so quickly as soon as the class leader opened his mouth.

But without further ado, now is not the time to say this, so I just say thank you and walk in with my baggage on my back.

No one has cleaned it for half a month, and the Jade Lotus Hall is no longer the small and elegant appearance it once was. There is a thick layer of dust in the room. There is only a faint candle burning on the round table. It can be seen that this group of people is How to treat her.

Junxue felt bad, and while unpacking her baggage, she said, "My master will be relieved to see you today. I brought you a lot of food and clothing today, and you have millions of dollars in it." Take care of yourself, the little master said, she will definitely find a way to clear your grievances."

"Here are snacks, dry food, winter clothes, and some silver. These will at least last a few days. I will secretly come to see you in a few days."

Junxue's child's temperament made her nose sore when she saw such a miserable scene. She wiped away her tears secretly without saying a few words: "Today is the Lantern Festival. If you are fine, you should be eating glutinous rice dumplings with my little master at Du Yuxuan right now. It's a pity that what I can bring today is limited, so I can't let you eat it too..."

Ban Yuya hadn't seen anyone she knew for half a month. Now that she saw Junxue explaining some things to her, knowing that these were all her sister's instructions, her cold heart warmed a little, so she pushed herself away. He picked up the half-cooled bowl in front of him and reminded him in a warm voice: "I have some here too, but I haven't used them yet."

Junxue turned her head and saw a bowl with a dumpling on the table. She blinked and was stunned.

When she saw the bleak and dilapidated Yuhe Hall, she thought that the class leader must be short of food and drink. Now she took a closer look and found that although her clothes were a little dirty, they were still neat. There were a dish and a meal on the table. Bowl of glutinous rice balls.

It's obvious that even the people who served him are gone. The place is already extremely dirty. How can he not worry about food and clothing?

But she didn't think about it, she just burst into tears and said with a smile: "My little master will be fine if he has something to eat and drink, and I will feel relieved as well. Please keep these things well."

Ban Yuya nodded, without saying anything more to her, and said warmly: "How is my sister's fetal condition today? Is it better?"

Junxue smiled and said: "After raising the little master for half a month, he is finally getting better these days and can get out of bed and walk around. However, Shuangying has been seriously injured in order to save the little master, and the little master has not left the house these days. "

As she said this, she felt a little frustrated: "Now that the young master is raising a baby, you have been framed again. Now in the palace, only Lu Cairen and Ji Gengyi are the most favored. Lu Cairen is still domineering today."

Ban Yuya raised her head and looked at her, her expression unchanged: "Lu Cairen has always been inferior to her sister. Now that she is pregnant, she will inevitably feel prouder."

"What you said is exactly what you said," Yun Xue packed up her baggage and Fu Fu Shen said, "I can't stay here for a long time. Please take care of yourself. I will find a way to come back."

"Your Majesty ordered me to be grounded for a month. I don't know how many pairs of eyes are staring at me at this time. There are also people who want to take advantage of the opportunity to get rid of me. Just take care of my sister and don't worry about me. I will naturally take care of myself."

Junxue looked over in surprise, and opened her mouth to say: "But -"

Ban Yuya just smiled lightly: "Don't worry."

When it came to this matter, Yun Xue couldn't say any more no matter how confused she was, so she had no choice but to surrender and salute: "Yes, I will tell the young master one by one."

The door was pushed open through a gap, and Yun Xue took advantage of the dim palace passage to slip out, disappearing into the night.

Ban Yuya stood in front of the door and looked at the direction she left from the arch. Her gentle expression just now gradually became cold again, and she looked at the lonely nothingness in front of her.

I don't know how long it took, but a palace maid with her head lowered and shivering came out from behind the arch. She didn't know what she said to the two guards at the door, but she walked in directly.

She said calmly: "Stop and raise your head."

The palace maid paused and was stunned for a while before raising her head.

Looking at her face, Ban Yuya showed a sarcastic smile: "Why is it you?"

The man looked at Ban Yuya with a hint of dodge and more cowardice and fear in his eyes, and said in a trembling voice: "This slave... was sent to serve the little master..."

Jade Lotus Hall is now nothing more than a cold palace. The palace maid sent here at this time must be a bereaved dog who is despised by others. If not, she would not be here to serve her.

Ban Yuya looked at her face that was no longer as beautiful as before, walked down step by step, pinched her chin, and stared at her: "Qiu Fei, you used to be so majestic when you followed Qi Guiren, why Qi Qi? After the noble man died, did you become like this?"

Chapter 60

It's been half a year since Qi Guiren died, and half a year has passed since Qiu Fei's life.

Since the Zuiyun Pavilion was sealed, she was sent back to Yeting to be reassigned. I wonder if it was because Qi Guiren was arrogant and domineering in the past and was disliked by others, and even she was not treated well by others. During these days, regardless of whether Qiu Fei was looked down upon wherever he went to work, and his life was quite miserable.

She is the dowry girl of noble Qi. Without the support of Qi family, her status has plummeted. I don't know what happened. She, a person who used to have pride written on her eyes and eyebrows, is now afraid and timid like a mouse. , was assigned to the Yuhe Hall to serve during the good Lantern Festival.

Things are unpredictable, which is really funny.

Ban Yuya held Qiu Fei's face and looked at it with interest for a while, as if meeting her in such a humble situation was particularly interesting to her.

After being tortured in the palace for a long time, Qiu Fei is no longer the same person she used to be. She knows she is humble and avoids looking into Ban Yuya's eyes.

But she also found it strange that in the past, Bancai Nu, who was clearly the weakest and most vulnerable person, someone who could be stepped on by anyone, was now clearly demoted and grounded, but she was frightened.

She tremblingly begged for mercy: "I am a humble servant. I am afraid that my master's hands will be dirty. Please have mercy on me..."

Hearing what she said, Ban Yuya suddenly smiled: "Open your eyes and take a good look at Yuhe Hall. It seems that it has nothing to do with pity for yourself."

"Speaking of which, it's a coincidence that you are in my hands now. I still haven't forgotten how you and Qi Guiren bullied me in the past. It's a pity that Qi Guiren died early, and you are the only one left. I can't Think carefully about how to deal with you."

Hearing this, Qiu Fei was immediately frightened. She hurriedly raised her head and shook her head: "My little master, you are now in jail and there is no one around you to serve you. Please leave this slave to serve you well. I will definitely make up for your mistakes and make up for it." It's my fault in the past!"

"Wouldn't I be able to live a good life without you?" Ban Yuya smiled, her face still looking delicate and delicate, "Now that it's reached this point, it's the same with or without you, not to mention that Yuhe Hall is like this now, everywhere It's all black and midwinter. If you accidentally fall into the well and drown while fetching water, no one will care, don't you think? Even if someone wants to climb on my head, it doesn't matter if I die. , it's not interesting to live anyway."

Qiu Fei's eyes widened, and he knelt on the ground and kept kowtowing loudly: "Master, please spare my life! My life is worthless, but I still beg you to be my slave." Serving you like a horse can also make you feel more comfortable before the confinement ends! I know that you must have been wronged, and one day your injustice will be overturned, and I am willing to serve you with all my heart!"

She knelt in front of her and couldn't get up. Ban Yuya looked at Qiu Fei's appearance and asked with a smile: "How do you know that I was wronged? Although the incident on the first day of the lunar new year was widely spread in the palace, but with you I can't see the original scene again."

Hearing this, Qiu Fei timidly raised his head and carefully looked at the people around him. The guards probably couldn't hear him, so he cried and said: "This slave knows that Concubine Lin is not simple. She must have used some conspiracy." !"

It is impossible for Concubine Lin to have an affair with a minor maid like her, so how does she know about Concubine Lin?

Ban Yuya became even more interested, and raised her chin with a cold finger: "What do you know? Tell me."

Qiu Fei knew that this matter was the biggest secret in her heart. Once she told it, it would most likely lead to murder. But who knew that the woman in front of her now changed her face, as if she was crazy. In order to save her life, she let herself It was valuable, and she had to tell the truth.

"In the past, slaves were personal maids who followed Qi Guiren and were always serving him, so Qi Guiren knew everything about the slaves. Do you still remember Qi Guiren's death? Qi Guiren was covered to death on the bed at night. In the end, only two palace servants were executed, and nothing could be found. But no matter how domineering Mr. Qi is, murdering the master is a serious crime of beheading, so how dare they, aren't they being ordered by others?"

She raised her head and looked at Ban Yuya intently and said, "My servant once saw the palace maid who killed Qi Guiren talking to Tiao Mei next to Lin Guifei late at night, so there is no doubt that Lin Guifei did this."

The incident that day almost implicated Sister Yu as the scapegoat, but the investigation that day found nothing, so His Majesty had no choice but to convict the palace man. Although everyone in the palace knew that Qi Guiren was something fishy, ​​no one came forward to reveal the clues at that time. , and let it go.

Ban Yuya knelt down and looked at her: "You are Qi Guiren's dowry. Why didn't you expose her when you knew there was something wrong? Or are you afraid of death and just want to survive? If so, Why are you loyal to me?"

Qiu Fei hurriedly fell to the ground and said: "My lord, I have followed Qi Guiren since I was a child. Everyone has supported me since I was a child, and I have been proud of it since I entered the palace. I never thought that my lord with such a prominent family background would suddenly One day he died quietly in his own palace, this slave was really frightened!"

"What's more, even if the slave told Concubine Lin, without evidence, who would believe what the slave said? Not only would the real culprit behind the scenes not be caught, but Concubine Lin would also be disgusted for nothing, and the slave would probably be jealous. Your life is at stake!"

"In addition to this, there is another reason... that is, although the slave is the dowry of noble Qi, the mistress actually does not treat the slave well. Although the slave has a bright appearance and the Qi family behind him, the mistress often beats and scolds the slave. , although the slave and noble Qi are masters and servants, there is no deep friendship. In addition, the slave is really afraid, and wanted to take this secret to the coffin, but since I met you today, the slave will tell everything he knows. It's out, no more reservations!"

After hearing this, Ban Yuya sighed softly: "You are willing to tell me this secret. It is indeed sincere. But half a year has passed. Even if you know that it was Concubine Lin who harmed Guiren Qi, it doesn't matter. With nothing but empty words, you alone will not be able to bring Concubine Lin down, but will also convict you of slander and frame-up."

She curved her lips and smiled: "If not, how do you think I ended up in this situation?"

Qiu Fei was stunned for a while and didn't react.

Since Qi Yuewan's death, she has been hit hard and her temper has become more timid and timid. In order to keep this secret, she has been restless day and night and dared not make friends with anyone. However, she did not expect that it has been so long that this secret is no longer a secret. .

Ban Yuya looked at her appearance and raised her wrist to help her up: "Well, you don't have to be so desperate. I feel your sincerity. It's not impossible to keep you alive and serve me."

She gently brushed off the dust on Qiu Fei's body and whispered in her ear: "But you must always remember the word loyalty. If you dare to have any disloyalty, I will kill you without mercy."

"But relatively speaking, if you do well, I will treat you well."

Qiu Fei's matter is useless even if it is said to be useless, and it is useful even if it is said to be useful.

I once heard from my sister that the Qi family was quite favored by His Majesty in the court and was from a high-ranking official family. She would not be indifferent to the death of her good daughter.

What's more, Qiu Fei is Qi's domestic slave after all, so this news may have been secretly released. Keeping such a witness around will always come in handy.

There are still two and a half months of her confinement, and she will definitely not be able to leave the Jade Lotus Hall at this time. It is not a bad thing to have someone to stay and take care of her.

If this matter wants to be reversed, the key point lies in Ning Lu and Yun'er, but now they are pointed to the Longevity Palace by His Majesty. I don't know what the purpose is, but fortunately they are not dead, and they can always figure it out slowly.

-

Winter turns to spring, and time flies to mid-February.

Originally, after the Lantern Festival, Lu Cai was supposed to be promoted to a noble person, but for some reason, His Majesty's decree was delayed, and Lu Cai's originally arrogant arrogance gradually died down and settled down.

The rumor spread so widely that even the Queen Mother heard about it, which shows that Your Majesty knew about it.

His Majesty was only a little favored towards Lu Cairen at first, but became more concerned after he became pregnant.

Now Qingtan is the person assigned by His Majesty. Although he is currently serving the Jade Lord, it also represents His Majesty's face. Songtao used Lu Cairen's pregnancy to snatch the snacks that His Majesty gave to Ji Gengyi, and also insinuated that he and the Jade Lord were Qingtan has caused a lot of rumors in the whole palace, which is really wanton.

Although Qin Yuan was happy when he heard that Lu Cairen was pregnant at first, he was never as happy as Yu Guiren was. The reason why he agreed to make her a noble was because Shen Ji was pregnant before her and made her a noble. She After all, coming from an official family, if his status is not as good as Shen Ji's, people will inevitably talk about him behind his back.

Unexpectedly, she was not strict with her subordinates, and the people below did not behave well enough to make him unhappy, so he would just wait until the child was born and then reward him properly. The pregnant women around him also need to rest in peace, and it is useless to be too public.

In addition, the recent government affairs have also upset him, so he has no intention of giving too much good looks.

It snows heavily in Chang'an in winter, and the coming year is supposed to be a good harvest year. Unexpectedly, the season is good in Chang'an, but when we go north to Suzhou, a severe drought breaks out.

The weather is abnormal. It is obviously a cold spring but the temperature has risen sharply. Suzhou has not had much rainfall and snowfall, and there are few rivers. Now, except for the areas along the rivers, farming is still possible, and the water levels in more areas are constantly decreasing. It is very difficult for most people to do basic farming. Such a big plan for people's livelihood has made him worried for half a month.

Mu Shi, the governor of Qizhou, happened to write a letter asking for aid to Suzhou, saying that this situation would probably happen again in the future. There were many floods in Qizhou, so it was better to start from Qizhou and dig a river channel to divert the water to the north and divert the water to Suzhou. It is not a matter of urgency, but it is one of the most important things at the moment, and he recommended his eldest son to take charge of this matter.

There was a severe drought in Suzhou. Since there were capable people available, he would not refuse. However, the drought was imminent. In addition to allocating money to the victims, he would soon pray for rain with the Queen to ensure the stability of the people's livelihood.

But after a few days of praying for rain, he was most worried about Shen Ji and the child in his belly.

Shen Ji is now seven months pregnant, has a big belly, and has difficulty walking. Although Du Yuxuan is now impregnable, he still feels uneasy if he doesn't see it with his own eyes before leaving.

In Duyuxuan, flowers and fruits are fragrant.

Shen Ji was lying on the rocking chair with a book in his hand and taking a nap with his eyes closed. Qing Chen came in from the outside and covered her with the fur blanket again. He said warmly: "My lord, your Majesty is here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 95.7K 28
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
269K 20.4K 60
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
415K 12.6K 37
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
746K 39.4K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐢 𝐱 𝐊𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ...