The story of the Beloved Conc...

By CNovel_Reader

The story of the Beloved Concubine's Ascension (宠妃上位记) Author: Rongtu   In the fifth year of Cheng'an, there... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-162 (end)

Chapter 21-30

699 6 1
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 21

The Queen Mother and Her Majesty stepped onto the gorgeous carpet of the Liangyi Palace together, and walked towards the tall and glorious main entrance under the gaze of everyone.

In the palace, the concubines and courtiers looked at each other, a little curious, and kept looking outside while sitting on their seats.

Qi Baolin frowned and looked at Shen Ji's empty seat, and muttered: "Looking at someone silent every day, you have a lot on your mind!"

Lu Cairen raised his long eyelashes and looked out of the hall, his face calm and gentle, but his hand holding the handkerchief revealed a bit of nervousness.

When Shen Baolin's maid Shuang Ying came to deliver the letter that day, she only said that this was a good thing that would please the Queen Mother, and asked her to just say a few words for her, and there was nothing else to worry about.

She also asked Shuangming what he wanted to do, but Shuangming said mysteriously that the little master didn't need to ask more questions, and that he had to keep something fresh.

Shen Ji has been favored recently and is not a reckless person. She then agreed. If the Queen Mother really cares about her, then she must be a part of it. If she is really unlucky enough to offend the Queen Mother, then she will only say a few words, not The originator.

Which one is more important is worth the gamble.

It's just that for some reason, she has been feeling vaguely in her heart recently. It seems that Shen Ji is not as timid and easy to handle as she imagined, and things always develop in directions she doesn't expect.

The Liangyi Palace is located on a high ground, and there are ninety-nine and eighty-one white jade steps at the north and south gates. The emperor held the queen mother's hand, and they walked side by side to the outside of the palace. They stood in front of the white jade railings, with a panoramic view of the huge palace.

Under the blue sky, the golden sunlight at noon covers the earth, the golden tiles and red walls, the fairy palace and the Qiongyu are so majestic.

The Queen Mother and Her Majesty raised their heads together. In the palace palaces, eight huge paper kites were raised one after another, with gold characters on the red background clearly written on them.

"The sun and the moon are bright, the pines and cranes are everlasting"

Under several streamers of the same length were neatly arranged Buddhist scriptures. The Queen Mother looked at them and identified them. They were "Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva's Original Vow Sutra" and "Longevity Sutra", which talked about filial piety and wished longevity.

She remembered that the queen recommended Shen Baolin to the emperor because of a Buddhist scripture.

It seems today that although Shen Baolin was born as a commoner, he was brave enough to send such a congratulatory gift in front of so many people today.

She has an eccentric approach to swordsmanship and is quite knowledgeable about Buddhism, but she is an eccentric woman who is a bit interesting.

The Queen Mother turned her head and glanced at the Emperor, then looked up again at the paper kites in the sky. In the gentle spring breeze, she suddenly remembered how she took the Emperor to fly the paper kites with him in the spring when he was a child.

The palace is strict and there is no freedom, and the fun that little babies can have is extremely limited. The emperor has been restless since he was a child. He loves to pester people and ask questions. He is curious about everything.

A small harem cannot trap a soaring eagle. The emperor's ambition has been between heaven and earth since he was a child, and the paper kite is his eyes to see the world.

So many years passed in the blink of an eye, and the emperor ascended the throne, and he was no longer the child who loved to fly kites.

Memories came to mind, and the Queen Mother's eyes, which were always clear and seemed to see through everything, were filled with warmth and emotion, and she said warmly: "It has been many years since I saw anyone setting off kites for Ai's family. It reminds me of you when you were a child."

Qin Yuan lowered his eyes and smiled lightly: "It has been more than ten years. It seems that the days when I used to fly kites with my mother are still in front of me."

Shen Ji's figure came out of the palace entrance and climbed up the stairs in the bright spring light. Along the eighty-one white jade steps, her slender and beautiful figure approached step by step and walked up to the Queen Mother and Her Majesty.

"I would like to express my greetings to Your Majesty and the Queen Mother. I would like to wish the Queen Mother a long and healthy life and endless blessings. I am from a humble background, and I just came up with such a clumsy trick to make the Queen Mother happy. I also ask the Queen Mother not to blame me for making my own decisions." The girl Li Yinman Man, who is respectful but slightly shy, is dressed in aqua green, with fair skin and soft jade, and a pair of beautiful eyes, as if she is waiting for praise.

Everyone in the palace said that Shen Baolin had a stunning appearance and was very popular with the emperor. She only knew that when she saw him today.

With such a good looks, docile and intelligent temperament, it's no wonder.

The Queen Mother looked Shen Ji up and down, then raised her eyes to look at the emperor, and chuckled: "You are from a humble background, but you can show your filial piety. It doesn't matter in any form, the Ai family likes him very much."

"No need to be formal, get up."

Shen Ji stood up, nodded slightly and lowered his eyebrows. He behaved very well.

The Queen Mother's expression was somewhat meaningful: "You are only a teenager now, why do you like Buddhist scriptures?"

She said softly: "Back to the Queen Mother, when my grandmother was unwell at home, my mother always asked me to copy Buddhist scriptures and burn them in temples to pray for blessings. Over time, I memorized a lot of them, which made you laugh."

"He is a good boy with filial piety." The Queen Mother looked at Mei Ying calmly.

Mei Ying immediately understood and smiled at Shen Ji and said, "Young master, I don't know. The Queen Mother is the most dedicated person to worship Buddha. There is a Buddhist hall in the side hall of Changshou Palace."

Shen Ji Rourou raised her eyes, and the Queen Mother looked at her and said, "Since you are a caring child, from tomorrow onwards, you can come to the Changshou Palace to sit with the Ai family if you have nothing to do. Are you willing?"

She was stunned for a moment, then hurriedly knelt down and said, "Thank you, Queen Mother, for your grace. I am honored to do so."

The three of them returned to Liangyi Hall together, and everyone's eyes fell on Shen Ji, who had taken a wrong step.

Being able to come back with His Majesty and the Queen Mother showed that I did not make the Queen Mother angry, but instead made her happy.

Concubine Yi raised her eyes and looked over, sighing softly: "Shen Baolin is really lucky. He was born as a commoner. First he won the favor of His Majesty, and then he won the favor of the Queen Mother. If anyone wants to humiliate Shen Baolin wantonly in the future, he will have to consider the Queen Mother. It means that others can't even envy you."

How could a mere commoner girl rise rapidly in the palace?

The Queen Mother has always disliked people who are domineering and doting, but people like Shen Baolin can actually see it.

Concubine Lin stared at Shen Ji's approaching figure, and was so angry that she almost bit her silver teeth into pieces. It was a lie that the Queen Mother didn't like to be jealous and doted on those who went too far, but it was true that she didn't like her!

Her heart was extremely cold at this moment. Concubine Lin looked away from Shen Ji and looked at Concubine Yi with a pair of cold eyes: "If you don't speak, no one will treat you as a mute."

Concubine Yi's heart suddenly trembled, and she immediately closed her eyes and kept silent, saying no more words.

Concubine Lin took a deep breath, and her gorgeous armor scratched deep marks on the table.

His Majesty's heart can only belong to her, Lin Xuanji, and no one can steal it from her. No matter who is behind it or what her family background is, she, the Lin family, can't even see it!

Shen Ji returned to his seat in the palace, feeling a little uneasy in his heart.

She didn't expect that the Queen Mother would actually think highly of her gift and ask her to go to the Longevity Palace to sit there if she had nothing to do.

You know, if she can really win the favor of the Queen Mother from now on, she will undoubtedly have an extra layer of protection in the palace. She has always only fought for His Majesty's favor, and there has been no intrigue to show filial piety.

Even if His Majesty no longer favors her in the future, as long as the Queen Mother is there as a backer, those in the harem who act according to the circumstances and those who look down on her will think twice because the Queen Mother is behind her.

Even though it was unknown how long the flowering period would last, at that moment, His Majesty wanted to protect her.

Shen Baolin really made the Queen Mother happy, and the tight strings in Lu Cairen's heart suddenly relaxed and relaxed.

They were in the hall and couldn't see much of the scene outside. They could only vaguely see a few paper kites, and they didn't know what was twisting and turning inside. Lu Cairen covered his lips with a handkerchief and looked at Shen Ji calmly, his fear of her growing deeper.

"Sister Shen," Lu Cairen smiled and said, "You asked someone to find me the day before yesterday because of this matter. It was so hard to hide it from my sister. Today you have won the favor of the Queen Mother, and my sister has benefited from you a little bit." ."

Shen Ji lowered his eyebrows and smiled slightly: "What did my sister say? We are as close as sisters and there is no need to divide these things. It's just that when I have an idea, I am not sure what the Queen Mother's attitude is. I am afraid that if I talk too much, it will hurt my sister."

Lu Cairen nodded and smiled, leaned over and whispered: "I see that the Queen Mother is in a good mood today, and you have pleased her again. I guess Your Majesty will be going to Miaoyunwu again tonight, right?"

Shen Ji lowered his eyelashes in embarrassment and smiled, shaking his head: "How can I guess His Majesty's intentions? There are many outstanding people today, and I'm just a small-timer."

After nightfall.

Shen Ji was sitting at the table reading a book of chess records. Shuang Xing came over with a cup of soothing scented tea. With a smile on his eyes and eyebrows, he said softly: "My master has been so popular today, maybe your majesty will order some more tonight." Where is your bed? It's really a double happiness."

"It's just that I didn't expect that you didn't report to the Queen Mother Li Meiren so that she could eat a pot."

Shen Ji did not raise his head, but still looked at the chess record with lowered eyelashes: "I told the Queen Mother what Li Meiren did, it is up to the Queen to decide. Yesterday in the Zhuyun Pavilion, I deliberately made her angry."

"As for going to bed today, it won't be me."

Shuangying looked over in confusion: "Why? You are obviously the Queen Mother's favorite today, and I want you to go to the longevity palace when you have nothing to do. Others don't get such treatment."

"Besides, His Majesty always loves you. As soon as you enter the harem, we are the first to come to Miaoyunwu. I really can't understand this."

Shen Ji didn't explain much to her, he just paused in turning the book and looked a little absent-minded.

Your Majesty and the Queen Mother are both deep-thinking and unpredictable people, and they will not act based on whims, let alone one person's preferences.

so--

His Majesty told her what he said to her, and it was because of her consideration.

But in addition to finding a more suitable backer for her, it was also because His Majesty knew at that time that in the future, his thoughts would be on others, and she was destined to be left out.

Shen Ji looked in the direction of the palace gate and closed the chess book: "Maybe... it's the concubine."

Half an hour later, the sound of Fengluan Chunen's chariot reached the west side hall of Yihua Palace where Raobi lived. It was another night.

As she expected, Shen Ji never saw His Majesty again in the next month.

During this month, Rao concubine was the most favored. She was promoted from Rao concubine to Rao noble concubine, and was promoted to the head of the Yihua palace. Next was Qi Baolin. As Rao concubine's cousin, she would go to Yihua palace from time to time. , I don't know what means he used, but he really won his majesty's favor and became a permanent presence.

After that came Concubine Lin, Lu Cairen and others, each of whom slept together once. The most outstanding ones were Concubine Rao Guifei and Qi Chang Zai, who were equally popular.

The once popular Miaoyunwu gradually became colder. Even Lu Cairen no longer came to Miaoyunwu to be with her sisters. Instead, they became closer to Qi Changzai. Only Ban Yuya still often came to Shen Ji's place. Keep her company.

Fortunately, she went to Changshou Palace every day to copy sutras and worship Buddha for the Queen Mother, and no one in the palace ever felt sorry for her. I don't know whether it was because of the Queen Mother or because Shen Ji had fallen out of favor. Even Li Meiren from Zhuyun Pavilion also felt sorry for her. He never caused any trouble for her again.

On April 17th, the weather is getting hotter and hotter. If you go out at noon, a thin layer of sweat will appear on your skin.

The Queen Mother left her to have lunch in the Changshou Palace. She waited on the Queen Mother and took a rest before preparing to return to Chunlan Palace through the Lilin from the Changshou Palace.

After coming out of Changshou Palace, you first set foot on the widest palace road in the South Fourth Palace, heading eastward to Fengyi Palace.

Shen Ji held an eight-bone oil-paper umbrella and was about to cross the palace gate and walk towards the pear forest. Shuang Ying beside him whispered: "My young master, look, it seems that Qi Chang is kneeling in front."

The author has something to say: Aji: You also have today

Chapter 22

Shen Ji took a closer look and saw that Qi Chang was indeed kneeling in front. He estimated the distance to be the four-way intersection in front of the imperial garden gate.

It's funny to say that she used to bully Shen Ji at this intersection and His Majesty and the others found out about it, but now she has to kneel here.

The four intersections in front of the Royal Garden Gate had the most palace people coming and going, and in front of the Jianzhang Hall guard, it was extremely embarrassing.

Qi Changzai has been favored a lot recently. I don't know which high-ranking concubine she has offended, but she was allowed to kneel in such a place.

Shen Ji held up an umbrella and stopped: "Go and find out."

Shuang Yingfu responded, handed the umbrella to Shen Ji, lowered his head and headed towards the opposite side of the Imperial Garden.

After a while, she came back, nodded and said: "Little Master, I asked the maid who was pruning the flower beds in the Imperial Garden. She said that Qi Changzai made inappropriate remarks in the Imperial Garden and offended Concubine Lin. Concubine Lin asked her to punish her here. Kneel for an hour."

At noon, when the sun was shining, Concubine Lin made her kneel for an hour at the Four Crossings. The number of palace people who came to greet her was really cruel.

Concubine Lin has a high position and has always been favored in the past. She has an extremely domineering and domineering temperament. Qi Changzai is arrogant and stupid. She was not favored in the past. Now that she is favored, her little tail will be raised to the sky.

When two people meet like this, the stronger one will naturally prevail. Qi Changzai has been favored in the past month, and Concubine Lin may have been dissatisfied with her for a long time. Maybe today is just taking advantage of the situation.

Along the long palace road, the vermilion palace walls on both sides were extremely red under the sunlight. Shen Ji looked at Qi Changzai from a distance and said warmly: "Come on, let's go over and have a look."

Shuangying was a little hesitant and asked in a low voice: "Little Master, Qi Chang is in a bad mood as he is kneeling down for punishment. I'm afraid it won't be good for us to go there at this time."

"What's wrong," Shen Ji walked over, "Today is different from the past. She was kneeling while I stood, so naturally I wanted to make fun of her."

She didn't know how much time had passed, but Qi Changzai felt that her knees were about to break. The sun was so hot that she was covered in sweat, and she didn't have any manners at all.

It's shameful that Concubine Lin used her power to bully others and made her kneel in such a crowded place to be embarrassed.

What she said was offensive and disrespectful. She just showed off His Majesty's favor with her words. Concubine Lin became angry and found an excuse to make her kneel down. She was just an old concubine who had fallen out of favor!

I don't know when His Majesty found out about her kneeling down here. If he did, it would be worth it to feel sorry for her.

Qi Chang was staring at the floor angrily. Unknowingly, a shadow appeared in front of him.

"Your Majesty--!" She raised her head and called happily

He was standing there, but he suddenly stopped as soon as he said a word, and his face suddenly turned cold, "What are you doing here?"

Shen Ji pinched the handkerchief and saluted, with a faint smile: "I am going to greet Qi Changzai. I just had dinner at the Longevity Palace, and I saw you here when I came out, so I came here specially to take a look."

"Why is Qi Changzai kneeling here on such a sunny day? What mistake did he make?"

What does it mean?

Qi Changzai snorted coldly: "A cat cries and a mouse pretends to be compassionate. I am using you to show off. Don't think that now that you have the Queen Mother's favor, you are qualified to scream in front of me. It doesn't matter if the Queen Mother likes you. It's not that you have fallen out of favor!"

Shen Ji did not take her words seriously, instead he lowered his eyes and looked at Qi Changzai who was kneeling down and chuckled softly: "Qi Changzai is so bad with his mouth. He still doesn't repent even though he is kneeling. It shows that he has been punished." It's still a little lighter."

After saying that, she raised her hand to touch her hairpin and said softly, "Let's go back and take a nap. We have to go to the Longevity Palace to listen to music with the Queen Mother."

On the way back to Miaoyunwu, Shuangying couldn't help but ask: "Little Master, now that Qi Changzai is being favored, and Concubine Rao is her cousin, Concubine Lin's punishment will be fine, why should we bother to go through this muddy water?" , you are not usually a person who likes to talk quickly. If Qi Chang is complaining to His Majesty, then we..."

"Everyone in the palace knows that Qi Changzai is domineering and ignorant." She walked steadily on the pear blossom path without squinting her eyes. "Doesn't your majesty not know that?"

"If she wants to file a complaint, she can do her best to do so, and that's all I can ask for."

After night falls, Chonghua Palace is in the Zuiyun Pavilion.

Qi Changzai was sitting on the bed, frowning as he ordered the maids under his command to apply hot compresses and change her dressing: "Tap it, tap it! It hurts!"

Qiu Fei carefully took off the hot towel, replaced it with a new one, soaked it in hot water and wrung it out, then covered it again: "My lord, please be patient, it will always hurt when you touch it."

"If it weren't for that bitch, how could I have suffered such a big sin!"

"Tap tap tap tap!"

The royal chariot landed at the entrance of Chonghua Palace. Qin Yuan waved his hand to signal to the palace attendants that there was no need to communicate, and walked in alone.

Unexpectedly, as soon as they arrived at the door, they heard shouting in Zuiyun Hall. It was Qi Chang who was talking.

"What are you talking about? Do you want me to hear it?"

Qin Yuan came in unexpectedly from the door, which scared Qi Changzai. She was only wearing obscene pants, with the legs rolled up to her knees. She looked disheveled and really didn't look good.

She quickly pulled it off and was about to get out of bed to pick him up. Qin Yuan walked to the bed and sat down, holding her body down. His voice was emotionless: "Just rest, there is no need to be polite."

His Majesty's visit at night, Qi Changzai never thought of it. He was embarrassed and happy at the same time. He lowered his head and said, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

He lowered his eyes and looked at Qi Chang's injury on his knee, and said quietly: "I heard that Concubine Lin punished you today, but does it still hurt?"

Qi Changzai raised his eyes to look at His Majesty, feeling aggrieved immediately, but his voice was soft and delicate, pretending to be pitiful and sensible: "Concubine Lin is a noble concubine, and I deserve to be punished."

Qin Yuan frowned slightly: "I asked you if it hurts."

Qi Changzai was stunned for a moment, and then said hurriedly: "I have been kneeling for an hour, and now it is still burning and hurting..."

After saying that, she suddenly remembered the way Shen Ji came to add insult to injury at noon. She sneered in her heart and said deliberately aggrievedly: "Today I met Concubine Lin Guifei. I said the wrong thing and was punished to kneel down. I reflect on it and know where I went wrong." . But I really don't understand. I am already being punished for my mistakes, but Shen Baolin wants to add insult to injury..."

Qi Changzai choked up and said, "Although I am only one level above her in status, the palace rules are clear and I cannot allow her to trample on them like this."

The place where Concubine Lin was punished to kneel was right in front of the Jianzhang Hall. Qin Yuan naturally knew what happened and who had been there.

He hadn't seen Shen Baolin for a month, and when he heard the name again, it seemed that even her appearance was blurred.

The flood situation in Qizhou was getting better, but something happened to the Lin family again. A trivial incident actually involved several dignitaries from Chang'an, which was a bit tricky. If not, he wouldn't bother to look at Qi Baolin's superficial tricks.

The beauty of a woman is like a hundred flowers with various shapes and styles. They have different styles, but it is boring to pretend to be shy and flattering.

There are many concubines in the harem, and it is inevitable that there will be fights and troubles, but he is not willing to listen to anyone who pretends to be weak and turns a deaf ear.

What you can see through at a glance is pleasing, but not the essence.

He responded casually and asked the palace maid next to him to continue treating her wounds.

Zhang Pu knocked on the door and said respectfully: "Your Majesty, Concubine Lin sent someone over to say that Concubine Lin is unwell and Princess Changle is crying non-stop. I would like to ask you to go and have a look."

His Majesty was staying at the Zuiyun Pavilion at night. Qi Baolin was very proud, but when he heard Zhang Pu's words outside, the happy smile suddenly solidified on his face.

She had only been punished by Concubine Lin during the day, and His Majesty came to her place again at night. Concubine Lin must have been extremely angry, so she thought of a way to ask Your Majesty to see her because she was unwell. Anyone with a discerning eye would know at a glance that this was a tactic to win favor. His Majesty always Don't believe it?

But Qi Changzai couldn't directly say that he would not let His Majesty go, so he could only pretend to be pitiful: "Your Majesty..."

Qin Yuan frowned at her and said in a low voice: "Concubine Lin Guifei and Chang Le are unwell. I'll go take a look. If they don't come back in the evening, you can rest yourself."

Qi Chang became anxious when he heard this and hurriedly called: "Your Majesty--"

Qin Yuan did not relent, but stood up and said in a deep voice: "As a concubine in the harem, you should be considerate of others, rather than just caring about yourself."

His Majesty's figure disappeared at the entrance of Zuiyun Pavilion, and Qi Changzai smashed the bed in anger.

When the royal driver arrived at Yongxin Palace, Concubine Lin, Concubine Lin was waiting at the door of the main palace, looking forward to it.

The huge Yongxin Palace was brightly lit. When she saw His Majesty coming, she had tears in her eyes, biting her lips and went up to salute. Her delicate body seemed to have no bones, almost limp in someone's arms: "I send my regards to Your Majesty, my concubine."

Qin Yuan helped her up and said warmly: "It's not that you're feeling unwell, why are you coming out to greet me now?"

He looked behind him: "Where is Changle?"

Concubine Lin was overjoyed that His Majesty could come. After getting up, she held his arm and refused to let go. She said softly: "I just fell asleep after Changle coaxed me for a long time. I am not feeling well and my heart keeps hurting. Now I see you." Your Majesty is much better."

Qin Yuan looked down at her, and his voice contained no emotion or anger: "Are you tricking me with your temper?"

Concubine Lin's heart trembled, she rested her head on His Majesty's shoulder, and said in disbelief: "I and Chang Le are thinking of you, so how can this be considered a lie?"

The aura around Qin Yuan suddenly became cold, and his voice had a bit of coolness: "I used to just be petty, but now I use Changle as an excuse."

"As the biological mother of Changle, are you trying to compete with your children for favor like this?"

Seeing that His Majesty was angry, Concubine Lin became a little anxious. She hugged His Majesty's arm tightly, crying in her words, and said what she had been holding in her heart for a long time: "I have always been like this, but Your Majesty has always been like this." Pamper me and pamper me."

"Now that I have given birth to Changle, we should have been closer, but your Majesty's visits to Yongxin Palace have become less and less, so we have to make this move."

"My concubine and your Majesty have known each other since childhood, and they are childhood sweethearts. Could it be that the new concubine is more to your heart than my concubine, so there is no place for my concubine in your majesty's heart! If your majesty really loves Chang Le, wouldn't it be better to come and see her more often? ?"

The crying in his ears was very plaintive. Qin Yuan did not listen, but felt that his heart was getting more and more irritable.

The government affairs in the DPRK are already disturbing enough, not to mention that this time it is the trouble caused by the Lin family, which is complicated and difficult to deal with.

The purpose of setting up a harem was to make him feel at ease, but with Concubine Lin and his relatives always there, it caused a lot of trouble and made him unable to live in peace for a night.

Qin Yuan finally lost his patience, raised his hand to brush Guifei Lin away, frowned and said, "Xuanji, you have overstepped your bounds."

Her hand suddenly became empty. Concubine Lin looked at His Majesty absentmindedly and murmured: "Why? Your Majesty, you have never been like this before..."

Qin Yuan looked at Concubine Lin's devastated look, and remembered the friendship they had known each other for many years. He finally softened his heart a little and softened his tone: "Don't think too much, the most important thing is to take good care of Chang Le."

"Concubine Fu Lin, go in and look carefully."

He turned around and walked out of the Yongxin Palace Gate and sat on the royal chariot. The dim palace road was quiet and finally a little clearer.

Qin Yuan leaned on the soft cushion behind him and pressed his eyebrows tiredly. When he raised his eyes, he saw a bright full moon on the night sky.

Zhang Pu asked for instructions next to the royal chariot: "Your Majesty, should we go back to Jianzhang Hall now, or -?"

The silvery white moonlight flowed all over the ground, cold and gentle. Qin Yuan tapped his hand on the armrest a few times, and suddenly remembered that the moonlight was like this on the day Shen Jichu was lucky.

She had a slender waist, was weak and boneless, and her eyebrows were picturesque. He couldn't bear the sight of her falling into his palm.

"Go to Miaoyunwu."

Chapter 23

When Qin Yuan's chariot arrived at Miaoyunwu, it was already past the usual time to go to bed in Jianzhang Hall.

As soon as the news of His Majesty's visit to the Zuiyun Pavilion spread to all the palaces, the other concubines no longer had to wait and could just rest by themselves, so Shen Ji also washed his face early, took off his hairpins, and sat down with his black hair falling softly behind his back. Read a book in Ruanda.

Junxue was left on duty in the room. Two palace lanterns were lit on the table, which only illuminated one corner of the table. The rest of the room was dim and the candlelight flickered, casting her graceful shadow.

In the quiet night, there was a sudden sound of gunfire outside. Shen Ji didn't know what happened, so he put down the book and stood up to look.

Unexpectedly, as soon as I opened the door, I ran into a slightly cool embrace, the refreshing and luxurious ambergris, strange yet familiar.

Why did Your Majesty come here at this time?

Her heart was beating fast, but His Majesty's heartbeat was steady and strong in her ears. Shen Ji was unsteady, holding tightly to the corners of his chest with both hands, and said timidly: "Your Majesty..."

The woman's head was slightly raised, and the moonlight fell on her clean and flawless face. She had a fair face without makeup, and her lips were red without any spots. She could be said to have ice-cold muscles and jade bones, and she had an immortal appearance.

Qin Yuan reached out and hugged her waist tightly, directly dispelling Shen Ji's move to step back and say goodbye.

Junxue in the room was startled, and she quickly saluted, rolled up the bedding on the floor, and took it away without daring to look back.

The moment the room became empty, Shen Ji's waist was pulled by His Majesty and began to move. As the world spun around, her back, only wearing pajamas, pressed against the cold wall, and the door closed in response.

Her face suddenly turned red, and she subconsciously pushed His Majesty's chest and whispered: "Your Majesty...why..."

Actually, what she wanted to ask was, why are you here at Miaoyunwu now? Aren't you at Zuiyun Pavilion?

Unexpectedly, His Majesty pressed her body tightly and kissed her. In the dark room, their skin touched each other: "It doesn't matter if we stay here."

"I have behaved myself before, but I will not behave myself this time." His hot breath fell on Shen Ji's ears: "My beloved, you don't like it?"

Shen Ji was stunned for a moment, and suddenly realized that what His Majesty meant here was by the wall. His face burned even more, and he bit his lower lip and made a sound, feeling a little embarrassed. Saying that he liked her seemed a bit pretentious, but saying that he didn't like it also upset His Majesty, so he had to reach out and wrap his arms around his neck, blushing and kissing his lips.

The beauty unexpectedly took the initiative to ignite Qin Yuan. His eyes became more lustful, and he picked her up by the waist.

Deeper and more exposed, there is a raging fire inside the house.

Zhang Pu and others were waiting at the door of Miaoyunwu, and the sounds in the room could be heard faintly, making people blush.

Junxue stood waiting with a red face, not daring to express her anger.

Zhang Pu has long been used to it. He lowered his eyes and looked at the little girl Yunxue. She was about fifteen or sixteen years old. Shyness is common. He chuckled: "Your little master is a lucky one. I'm afraid there are many days like this. You are so beautiful." You'll get used to it after seeing it a few times."

Yun Xue had never seen such a posture before. She was scared and shy for a moment. She couldn't help but feel glad that she ran so fast that she didn't waste His Majesty's time. She nodded like a chicken pecking at rice: "I've been here in Miaoyunwu for a while, and this is the first time. ...Fortunately, nothing bad happened, so I feel relieved."

The people in front of the imperial guard were guarding Miaoyunwu until late at night, and the sounds in the house finally stopped.

The two of them were already lying on the bed. She didn't know whether it was because she hadn't slept with him for a long time, or because His Majesty was a little abnormal today. Shen Ji just felt that His Majesty seemed to be extra energetic and emotional today.

She was nestled in His Majesty's arms, her silky black hair slightly damp with fragrant sweat.

Qin Yuan raised his arms and hugged her slender waist, and the long hair around her waist slipped into his fingers.

When the hair ends passed through the fingertips, they were very smooth and tingling. For some reason, the tip of my heart seemed to have been teased a few times by the fluffy and smooth hair. It was soft and soft, and it felt good to the touch.

He hugged Shen Ji like this, playing with her hair with his big knuckled hands. She didn't say a word, just stayed with him quietly.

Quiet and silent, the fragrance floats.

Qin Yuan's depressed and irritable heart seemed to be soothed by her unknowingly, and he calmed down bit by bit.

After calculation, Shen Ji has not slept with her for more than a month. He has been busy recently and has to balance the harem before and after. He has completely forgotten about her obedience and beauty.

But when he met again today, she was still the same as before, always making him feel comfortable.

There were many concubines in the harem, but regardless of appearance and character, Shen Ji was the most popular with him.

Since ancient times, beauty has often been described as ice, muscle, and jade. No matter in terms of character or appearance, she can match her.

Qin Yuan's hands moved around his slim waist, and his deep and mellow voice echoed in Shen Ji's ears: "I intend to give you a title."

Shen Ji bent his eyes and smiled, and put his cool fingertips on his strong waist and abdomen: "What words will your Majesty give me?"

Qin Yuan smiled deeply and held her mischievous hand: "We'll know tomorrow."

Early the next morning, His Majesty's decree was issued to all palaces, and Shen Baolin was given the title "Jade". From then on, it was Yu Baolin.

There are not many titled concubines in the palace, and this is the first among the newcomers.

The young master regained the divine grace, and the palace people in Miaoyunwu were extremely happy. They congratulated Shen Ji in unison: "Slave/servant, congratulations to the young master."

Shen Ji's whole body was still sore, but his brows and eyes were happy, and he told Shuang Ying in a warm voice that everyone would be rewarded.

Junxue smiled sheepishly while combing her hair: "Yesterday, I was on night watch for my mistress. Unexpectedly, His Majesty suddenly came in and scared me so much that I ran out quickly. Fortunately, nothing bad happened."

"Strange to say, I clearly remember that Your Majesty went to Qi Changzai's Zuiyun Pavilion last night. I wonder if Qi Changzai annoyed Your Majesty."

Also young, Yunxue has a younger temperament and loves to blush quietly, while Shuangying is much more steady. She chuckled and said, "Who would have thought that His Majesty would suddenly visit at that time."

"However, this servant went to inquire about this matter early this morning. It was true that His Majesty went to Qi Chang's residence last night, but he was asked away by people from Changxin Palace not long after he entered. It was said that Concubine Lin was unwell, and Changle The princess couldn't stop crying. But the strange thing is that it didn't take long for your Majesty to come out of Changxin Palace. I heard that Concubine Lin invited Your Majesty to go out of her temper. Your Majesty is very surprised."

Yesterday at noon, Concubine Lin punished Qi Changzai, but in the evening, His Majesty went to Qi Changzai's place, slapping Concubine Lin in the face in public.

Concubine Lin was so angry that she went to invite people. Although Her Majesty went, he made a lot of trouble and finally came to Miaoyunwu.

Even early this morning, His Majesty gave her another title.

After what happened last night, I'm afraid Concubine Lin will hate Qi Changzai and herself even more from now on.

Shen Ji looked serious and said nothing. Junxue behind him nodded and said slowly: "Although I have only been in the palace for two years, I have heard that Concubine Lin and Your Majesty have known each other since childhood, and they are childhood sweethearts. , and Concubine Lin's grandfather is the current Taifu, and was also your Majesty's teacher in the past. His family background is extremely distinguished. Concubine Lin was a favorite when she was the crown prince's concubine. She often had to cut off her beard at night, but your Majesty would do it almost every time. Let it go."

"But since the birth of Princess Changle last year, His Majesty's love for Concubine Lin has gradually faded away. Although she is not as popular as before, she is still very fond of Concubine Lin. Therefore, Concubine Lin has always had the best of luck in the palace. , no one takes it seriously."

"But regarding the matter of intercepting Hu, His Majesty has never left and come out again. It's really strange."

Shen Ji listened quietly, picked out the earrings in the dowry, and asked warmly: "You said that this is the first time for His Majesty to go to Concubine Lin's palace and come out again. He has never done anything before? From last year to now, has Concubine Lin committed any crime? Wrong?"

Junxue nodded, then shook her head: "In my impression, Concubine Lin has not made any big mistakes, which is why it is so puzzling."

She whispered: "I thought that Concubine Lin fell out of favor because she gave birth to Princess Changle and had to raise her. However, Princess Changle is now more than half a year old, and His Majesty has not become warmer to her anymore. I heard that His Majesty is not as fond of Concubine Lin as he used to be. Concubine Lin's temper is getting worse and worse, and even the people in Changxin Palace are having a hard time."

Also in the harem, Shuang Ying had never paid too much attention to these details. She glanced at Junxue in surprise and said in a very respectful tone: "You are usually talkative and timid. How come you remember all these things in the palace so clearly."

Junxue lowered her head in embarrassment: "The life in the palace is boring, so I have developed a habit of listening to gossip..."

After saying that, she hurriedly added: "But I will never say these words outside. That is to say, the young master is kind-hearted, so I unknowingly said a few more words..."

Shen Ji smiled and put on a pair of white jade earrings: "As long as you know when to say it and when not to say it."

"It's wrong to go on errands in the palace. You should be extremely careful yourselves. Just tell me in private. If you offend anyone with a wrong word outside, I'm afraid I won't be able to protect you."

Junxue and Shuangying are busy and blessed.

"We still have to go to the Longevity Palace today. It's almost time. Let's go."

When we arrived at Changshou Palace, Aunt Mei Ying was waiting at the door. When she saw Shen Ji, she smiled and said, "My slave, please send your regards to Yu Baolin. The Queen Mother is waiting for you inside."

In the past month of serving the Queen Mother, the Queen Mother's attitude toward her has gradually changed from lukewarm to lukewarm. People around her are also watching all the time. Mei Ying has served the Queen Mother for more than 20 years and is the most caring confidant. All concubines must be treated with respect, and her words almost represented the Queen Mother's feelings, so Shen Ji was very respectful every time he saw her.

Originally, as a young master, he did not have to salute his aunt, but when there was no one around, Shen Ji would always say hello to his aunt, bending his eyes and smiling, back and forth. Mei Ying also liked this young master who knew etiquette very much.

"Aunt Meiying, does the Queen Mother have a better appetite today?"

Mei Ying followed Shen Ji and smiled: "Originally, when the seasons change, the Queen Mother always lacks appetite, but you have been serving her carefully recently, and you always use different tricks to coax the Queen Mother to eat. You used a lot of it this morning even when you were away."

Shen Ji smiled softly: "That's the best."

When she entered the main hall, the Queen Mother was sitting on the main seat, sipping tea. She greeted the Queen Mother with a smile on her face.

Unexpectedly, the Queen Mother glanced at her and asked calmly: "Did the emperor rest at Miaoyunwu last night?"

Shen Ji was stunned for a moment.

The news that His Majesty rested in Miaoyunwu last night and was granted a title had spread throughout the palaces early this morning. The Queen Mother was very smart, so it was impossible not to know that she was asking this question because she wanted Shen Ji to answer on his own.

But she didn't understand what answer the Queen Mother wanted to hear. Did she not want her to win His Majesty's favor, or was she worried that she was scheming and testing her?

Thoughts flashed through her mind like lightning. In the end, she did not choose to hide it. Fu Shen nodded and said: "To the Queen Mother, Your Majesty did come to Miaoyunwu last night. At that time, I was already ready to sleep, but I didn't expected that."

She timidly raised her head and asked, "Did I do something wrong? Please give me a clear explanation from the Queen Mother."

The Queen Mother lazily raised her eyes and laughed: "You didn't expect it?"

She put down the cup in her hand, picked up the jadeite on the table and twisted it with her hands: "Yesterday, in front of the Jianzhang Hall, Concubine Lin made Qi Chang kneel down for an hour. The Ai family knows about it."

After a pause, the Queen Mother looked at Shen Ji and said slowly: "But after you left the Changshou Palace, you were supposed to go back to Chunlan Palace through Lilin, but you went to find Qi Changzai. The Ai family is right. ?"

Shen Ji didn't dare to lie, he lowered his head and replied: "Yes, I did go to find Qi Changzai."

"Why?" The Queen Mother looked at her intently, with an expression that could not tell whether she was happy or angry. Her pair of sharp eyes seemed to be able to see through her from the inside out. "The Ai family knows that you don't like to join in the fun without starting or ending."

"I and Qi Changzai are both newcomers to the palace this year, but from the past to now, Qi Changzai has bullied me many times, and I have always tolerated it. Yesterday I saw Concubine Lin punishing Qi Changzai, and I couldn't bear it for a moment. Stay, I want to relieve my anger..."

Shen Ji said softly, with a low tone, as if she was very regretful: "I don't know the rest of the matter."

"lie."

Her heart suddenly suffocated.

The sound of jade clinking against each other in her ears suddenly stopped. The Queen Mother asked everyone in the palace except Mei Ying to leave, and her voice became a little deeper: "You wouldn't have guessed that the emperor would go to Miaoyunwu on a whim yesterday. It's true, but you also know that you deliberately went to Qi Changzai to make trouble, and with her retaliatory temperament, she will definitely turn a deaf ear to you next to the emperor."

"You were very favored when you first entered the palace. Now that you have been out of favor for a month, you are naturally anxious. If Qi Chang is here and you can make the emperor remember you again, it will be worth it sooner or later. Yu Baolin, is the Ai family right?"

Shen Ji was silent for a few breaths, and his body began to tremble slightly.

During this month, she has been serving the Queen Mother wholeheartedly, and she does not dare to take it lightly. She is docile, kind, and attentive, and she cares more about the Queen Mother than herself. Over the past few days, the Queen Mother's attitude towards her has softened more and more. , from lukewarm to somewhat satisfied with her, she thought what she should do was good.

But for some unknown reason, since she fell out of favor, the Queen Mother has not even mentioned promoting her to His Majesty again, and is even more indifferent to her fall out of favor.

This made her feel even more uneasy.

There were dozens of concubines in the palace, and almost everyone was trying their best to compete for favor and get the upper hand. The only thing she relied on was her freshness and this face. She thought everything was going well, and she won the favor of the Queen Mother. Her way forward It should be better to go, but unexpectedly it was silent all the way.

One month is not a long time, but in this harem filled with beauties, one month is enough to make His Majesty forget about her, a concubine of a high status who has only been favored for a short time and has no heirs.

Although she didn't show it on her face, the urgency in her heart was getting stronger and stronger.

It was also because of this that when she saw Qi Chang kneeling as a punishment, she came up with this idea.

Just saying a few words and doing nothing, it was the most inconspicuous method. Who knew that all this was under the control of the Queen Mother.

When Qi Changzai offended the Queen Mother, His Majesty never favored her again. Now that she had used her caution and was caught out by the Queen Mother, she really didn't dare to think about what would happen next.

Shen Ji fell to the ground and said in a trembling voice: "The Queen Mother."

I don't know how long the palace was quiet for, but the Queen Mother finally sighed deeply and said, "Get up, there is no need to be restrained."

Shen Ji then got up carefully and sat on the round stool next to him.

The jade hand twirled slowly again. The Queen Mother closed her eyes slightly and asked her: "Since the newcomers entered the palace in February, you have been the emperor's favorite among these newcomers. Aren't you curious why you haven't done anything? Wrong, the emperor has ignored you?"

She hesitated for a moment, and then answered honestly: "On your birthday, I have some guesses."

"Perhaps it's because of Rao Gui's concubine."

"Well, it's not too stupid." The Queen Mother opened her eyes, her sharp eyes falling directly on her, "But even if Rao Gui's father has to use her, and Rao Gui's mother's family has taken advantage of her, the emperor will not be finished. It's completely cold, and it's even deeper, have you ever thought about it?"

Shen Ji shook his head: "I don't know who I am."

"value."

The Queen Mother slowly said: "The ancestral system of the harem, there is a draft every year, from official recruitment and private selection, to fill the harem for the emperor."

"The gifts are all noble ladies from official families. They have high status. In addition to spreading their branches, they naturally have deeper uses. But the sons of good families you choose are different."

"The son of a good family chooses daughters with clean family backgrounds, good looks, and good health in order to serve the emperor and create descendants for the royal family. If you give birth to a son and a half daughters, the mother will be as noble as the son, and your status will be improved to a higher level, but if If you have not given birth, your value is only to please the emperor."

"The imperial court and the harem are one body, and a person's value is also light and heavy. How can one stand in the harem based on only a temporary meager love."

The court was not at peace, and it was the right time to employ people. She was just a beautiful civilian girl. She had been favored too much in the past and had caused dissatisfaction among many people. Naturally, she should not continue to occupy the limelight of His Majesty at this time.

Although these words don't sound good, they are indeed true. Shen Ji's heart felt like being hit, and he was speechless for a long time.

She was born in the common people and had little knowledge. When she first knew that she was going to serve His Majesty in the palace, she thought that as long as she was favored and favored by His Majesty, she would be able to rise to the top. Qi often competes with such stupid people.

But who knows, her humble background did more than just make her fall behind.

Shen Ji's throat seemed to be choked by something, but when he opened his mouth, it was extremely unclear: "I am very grateful to the Queen Mother for your guidance."

The Queen Mother said nothing and looked at her with lowered eyes.

After a while, she raised her eyes and met the Queen Mother's thoughtful eyes. She suddenly realized something, and her mind suddenly became clear.

Shen Ji hurriedly knelt down and said sincerely: "How can I gain a firm foothold in the palace? Please give me advice from the Queen Mother."

She had almost forgotten who the Queen Mother was, and why she wanted to talk so much about a concubine who was just a commoner. It was not to accuse her, but to raise a point.

Her kneeling posture was respectful and humble, without any hint of arrogance or dissatisfaction. The Queen Mother considered it for a moment, and finally there was some satisfaction in her eyes.

"If you want to get in front of others, you have to make yourself different from others."

The Queen Mother said slowly: "Either she is better than her in the emperor's heart, or her children are prosperous, and the mother is more valuable than her children, or she occupies an indispensable position."

Having said that, the Queen Mother changed the subject without leaving any trace, and said warmly: "But one thing is that the Ai family must put their ugly words up front."

"The Aijia doesn't care about the petty grievances and grudges in the harem, and there is no need to interfere. However, the children in the harem are all the emperor's children, and they are the foundation of the country and cannot be shaken. No matter how many flowers bloom in spring, the emperor can also prefer one of them, but one can bloom alone. After all, it's not spring, it's best if the garden is full of spring scenery, so don't be greedy."

Firstly, the heirs in the harem should not be touched, and secondly, the emperor's favor should not be monopolized. This is the bottom line of the Queen Mother.

Shen Ji heard clearly and kowtowed again: "Yes, I will bear in mind the Queen Mother's teachings."

The Queen Mother nodded, and her voice finally became warmer: "Good child, get up."

Mei Ying stepped forward to help her up in person, with a plastering smile on her face that was meant to reassure her. The tension in Shen Ji's heart relaxed a little.

"After talking for a while, Ai Jia is tired. Please step back and rest."

"yes."

As Shen Ji exited the palace gate, he heard the Queen Mother say something faintly: "The Queen belongs to the Middle Palace. I always urge Your Majesty to go to the Middle Palace to visit the Queen. The principal wife is always the principal wife."

She agreed softly, and Mei Ying personally sent her away from the Longevity Palace.

On the way, he comforted her softly: "The Queen Mother said these things to you today. It sounds bluffing, but you can rest assured. The Queen Mother treats you as one of her own. When you come to the longevity palace in the future, you don't have to behave like before. You are so restrained, but the Queen Mother actually likes you."

"Thank you Aunt Meiying," she breathed a long sigh of relief and said softly, covering her heart, "I thought I had offended the Queen Mother and she would never want me again in the future."

Mei Ying smiled and patted her hand, "It's a good thing that the ugly words can be said to the front. As long as the young master remembers the teachings of the empress and thinks about the meaning of the empress, won't he be able to achieve success in the harem in the future?"

"The Queen Mother can't stay away from you, so I won't see you off."

After seeing Shen Ji off, Mei Ying returned to the palace and said with a smile: "Your Majesty, I just said these things today. Yu Baolin was so frightened when she went out."

The Queen Mother rolled her hands and rolled her eyes without raising her head, and said quietly: "That girl is so courageous, how could she be really scared?"

"Although the Ai family is harsh today, she is destined to suffer this fate. These days, she has been coming to the Changshou Palace to serve under the Ai family's noses every day, and her temperament has also changed."

"Intelligent, sensible, careful, not arrogant, it shows. The most important thing is that she serves well and is favored by the emperor. Although Ai Jia doesn't show it on the outside, he also likes her in his heart."

"There are many rumors in the palace that Yu Baolin is blessed with good fortune, but there is no one who is not blessed in the harem. As a commoner's daughter, she has come to this point. Without some scheming, she would not be able to stand in front of the Ai family and listen. training."

"Besides these, the Ai family has another most important reason for promoting her. In fact, you also know it."

"Nowadays, the palace seems to be peaceful, but in fact, there is an undercurrent of turmoil. Concubine Lin has a prominent family background, but she is domineering, disrespectful to the queen, and repeatedly breaks the rules. The queen is the middle palace. Although she is virtuous and virtuous, and has noble character, her temper is a bit soft, and She was in poor health and never gave birth."

"The Ai family wants to promote Concubine Rao, firstly because her father can use her, and secondly, they want to use her to contain Concubine Lin. However, Concubine Rao is not stable enough, and people also like to be extravagant and compete for favor. Concubine Yi has no idea and follows Concubine Lin every day. Concubine Zhuang is even more useless when she is looking up to others behind her. She stays behind closed doors and only wants to be clean."

"Counting and counting, there are so many concubines in the palace, but none of them are useful or worthy of a big job. The Ai family values ​​Yu Baolin. In addition to what I just said, another point is that she has no family background. Sometimes, People without family background feel more at ease when using it, and they feel more at ease when pampering them."

Mei Ying said with a smile: "I understand what the empress means. In this harem, it is good to have a valuable family background, but not having a family background does not necessarily mean that there is no benefit at all. Concubine Lin's family background is so prominent, which is good and bad, always. Always be on guard."

"It is precisely for this reason that the Ai family wants to mention Yu Baolin to see how far she can go with the support of the Ai family. If she can grow up and give birth to a son and a half daughters to assist the queen, the harem can be considered to be stable. . It is not a good sign that the weak and favored concubine in the middle palace is in charge, not to mention that the emperor and the Ai family may have the same idea. If not, he would have pushed her to the Ai family in the first place."

Mei Ying asked: "Didn't Yu Baolin come up with the idea on your birthday?"

Mentioning this, the Queen Mother's closed eyes slowly opened: "Where did the newlyweds get the courage to enter the palace in their first year? How did they know that the Ai family and the emperor liked to fly kites in the past? The emperor himself didn't tell her."

"It's hard to believe that he was willing to worry about that girl. He knew that he would neglect her for a while, so he thought of a way out for her. This shows that Yu Baolin is capable. There are not many people in the emperor who are willing to use his thoughts since he was a child, and she is one of them. one."

After saying that, the Queen Mother pondered for a moment, and then told her in a slow voice: "Since I want to praise her, it is not an exaggeration to have a double happiness."

"The decree of the Ai family is passed on, and Jin Yu Baolin is always there, so it doesn't mean that he has suppressed the Qi family."

After Shen Ji returned to the palace, the imperial decree and congratulatory gifts from Changshou Palace arrived at Miaoyunwu.

The cloud brocade silk and satin, the pearls and jade head and face, everything is the best, which shows the Queen Mother's love for jade.

Double happiness came in one day, and the palace people in Miaoyunwu were so happy that they even went out feeling very proud.

Time flies to the end of May, and the weather is getting hotter day by day.

In the past half month, Yu Changzai had received favor from the emperor and the Empress Dowager's attention. For a time, there was a bustling crowd, and more people came and went from Chunlan Palace.

As a member of the Chunlan Palace, Shen Ji was enjoying the spring breeze, but the Zhuyun Pavilion was naturally covered with dark clouds, making it gloomy for several days.

On May 29th, just after lunch, everything in the palace was quiet and peaceful. Only a few people from the two palaces could be seen passing by on the palace road. It was time for a lunch break.

Shen Ji just came out of Changshou Palace and returned to Chunlan Palace via Lilin. As soon as he stepped into the palace gate, he saw Zhou Yue coming up to him with an anxious expression, bowing and saluting, and said: "My master is back, I have something important to report!"

"What happened in such a hurry?" She was still at the main entrance of Chunlan Palace, which was not the place to talk. She frowned slightly, preparing to let people in to talk.

Unexpectedly, Zhou Yue then said: "During the lunch break just now, all the palace servants in Miaoyunwu went to have a rest, and only one servant was left to guard the door. Who would have thought that when we were sitting on the corridor and taking a nap, we were just taking a nap. When I saw someone sneaking into the courtyard, I didn't dare to delay, so I immediately went to arrest the person and have a look, and found out that it was the palace maid of Zhuyun Pavilion."

"The servant immediately became alert and asked her what she was doing here. She refused to tell her life and death. The servant said that he would take her to see the Queen. She broke away and ran back like crazy." Zhou Yue had a hair on his forehead. Breaking into a cold sweat, he, who was always steady, looked remorseful, and bowed down to ask for instructions, "I wanted to chase you, but there was no one around just now. There is no witness, so I can't force myself to go to the Zhuyun Pavilion. That is a serious crime of trespassing into the palace. "

"But that palace maid is acting sneaky and she must have bad intentions. My young master, what do you think we should do now?"

Under the blue sky and white sun, Li Meiren became more and more unrestrained.

Shen Ji frowned and his voice became cold: "There is such a person sneaking into the palace in broad daylight. Can you see it clearly? Are you sure it is the palace maid of Zhuyun Pavilion?"

Zhou Yue nodded: "My servant can clearly see that she is Man'er, the personal palace maid of Li Meiren in the Zhuyun Pavilion. Since someone came to Miaoyunwu last night, you have ordered strict guarding and not to allow anyone a chance to sneak in, my servant." I have always kept this in mind and am always on guard at night. Probably because I couldn't find any opportunities at night and found that I was most relaxed at noon, I took the risk."

Shuang Ying, who was beside him, frowned tightly: "I thought we'd be in peace for a while, it's just that we don't like each other. Who knew that there were secretly evil intentions and wanted to harm us!"

Shen Ji looked coldly in the direction of Zhuyun Pavilion: "Li Meiren and I have been on the same page for a long time. She has been out of favor for a long time, and I have been promoted step by step. I am afraid that she has long wanted to get rid of me to make her husband faster."

"Let's go to Zhuyun Pavilion and ask her in person. I want to see what she wants to do."

"Little Master, you can't come in! Little Master Yu!"

Shen Ji took Shuangying and Zhou Yue straight to the Zhuyun Pavilion and barged in regardless of the maid on duty at the door.

The palace servants in Zhuyun Pavilion were shocked. It was the first time they saw Yu Chang being so tough. It was not right for him to force his way into the palace. But when they thought about Yu Chang being pampered and generous, and having the Queen Mother as his backer, they almost couldn't. Everyone was holding brooms and lowering their heads, unwilling to move forward at all.

On the way into the main room, Shen Ji didn't even look at the palace people around him. He raised his hand and nodded to Zhou Yue. His voice was cold: "Go, capture the palace maid Man'er and bring her to Li Meiren personally."

The door of the room was suddenly opened. Li Meiren, who was sitting in the room with a nervous expression, was startled and said angrily: "Who is so ignorant of the rules!"

She frowned and looked up, and saw that Shen Ji had brought someone here. Because Man'er was caught as a thief despite being a thief, she suddenly became panicked.

But the person is already in front of him, and there is nothing to blame. He must not lose the momentum of the confrontation, otherwise he will be convicted of this crime.

She forced herself to calm down and asked, "Is it possible that Yu Changzai is spoiled by pampering? You were able to enter my master's Zhuyun Pavilion without informing me?"

Today is different from the past. Shen Ji was too lazy to talk nonsense to her. He sneered and grabbed the crying palace maid from behind Zhou Yue. He pushed her towards Li Meiren and said, "Does Li Meiren know her?"

Li Meiren glanced at Man'er hurriedly and quickly changed her gaze: "My maid, Man'er, what has happened to her?"

"What about me? Doesn't Li Meiren not know it herself?"

Shen Ji looked at her condescendingly and said word by word: "Palace Maid Man'er broke into the concubine's residence without permission with evil intentions. This is a crime punishable by death. As her master, you cannot escape the blame."

"Why, do you want me to arrest someone and go to the Queen's Empress to settle your and Man'er's crimes one by one, and then punish them together?"

Li Meiren's expression was panicked for a moment, and Man'er next to her was so frightened that she looked at her master for help, her eyes widened and she dared not speak.

In desperation, she rolled her eyes and blurted out: "What nonsense are you talking about? Man'er has been serving the master today and has never left the door of Zhuyun Pavilion. When did you break into Miaoyunwu without permission? You Ask the people in Chunlan Palace who saw it?"

"Isn't it possible that one person can convict of such a serious crime based on empty words? If you mess around, I am not afraid that you will sue the Queen. Instead, I will accuse you of falsely accusing the concubine!"

Unexpectedly, Li Meiren reacted so quickly and refused to admit it. Zhou Yue alone could not prove anything. It seemed that she would not admit it.

Shen Ji stared at Li Meiren for a long time with his frosty eyes, and finally sneered: "Okay, since Li Meiren denies it, I have nothing to say."

"But I would like to advise Li Meiren that I will never give up on what happened today. Sooner or later, I will pay back a hundredfold."

After the matter was settled, Li Meiren finally breathed a sigh of relief. She clutched the handkerchief in her sleeve tightly and tried to show her composure: "I have a clear conscience, so naturally I am not afraid of your excuses. But you are always here, and today you finally showed your face." You have lost your true colors. If you don't respect me and are good at Zhuyun Pavilion, you won't be able to escape. When the morning and evening are over in the next few days, I will definitely file a lawsuit against you."

Shen Ji didn't take her threat seriously and left with a puff of his sleeves. His face was as cold as frost, making people afraid to approach her.

Li Meiren was arrogant, and Shuang Ying was also very dissatisfied. She asked in a low voice: "My lord, should we just forget it?"

"Since she wants to deal with me, there will be a second time if she doesn't do it once."

After walking out of the door of Zhuyun Pavilion, she said in a deep voice: "Miaoyunwu doesn't need to be so cruel these days. Let her find an opportunity to sneak in and capture her face to face."

Early the next morning, people from the imperial court came to Miaoyunwu to invite people, saying that His Majesty invited Yu Chang to go to Taiye Pond to enjoy the flowers together.

Before leaving the house, she glanced at Zhou Yue specifically, and the deep meaning in her eyes was self-evident.

It is already May 10th, and the peonies and roses in the palace are in full bloom.

I heard that a gardener planted a patch of double-flowered peony on the flower path beside Taiye Pond. He said it was a newly improved variety that only bloomed for the first time this year. It was as beautiful as clouds and clouds.

Shen Ji was very diligent in serving the Queen Mother these days, at least going back and forth once a day. He was tired and not in the mood to go out and see the scenery.

This time His Majesty invited her, and she happened to be able to be relaxed and relaxed.

When Shen Ji arrived at Taiye Pond, His Majesty had already arrived.

On a bright late spring day, with green willows lingering and the wind blowing golden sparkling waves, he just stood on the bank of willows with his hands clasped behind his back.

Zhang Pu was not far away with his royal servants. When he saw Shen Ji coming, he bowed to her in a low voice and bowed: "I'm paying my respects to Yu Changzai. Your Majesty specifically asked not to let anyone get close to follow you. Please come forward now." ."

Shen Ji thanked the father-in-law and walked towards His Majesty in the breeze. He was wearing a cloud brocade and apricot pink palace dress that looked like gauze and mist, and the silk was swaying lightly. At first glance, he looked very beautiful, but the small mole at the end of his eye had a soft and charming charm, which seemed to be more beautiful than ever. The flowers are more delicate.

Sensing someone coming behind him, Qin Yuan looked back. Shen Ji, whose skin was like snow, translucent and flawless under the light, was looking at him with a low eyebrow and a smile.

He stared at her. Although he stood still, he stretched out a hand and said, "Come to me."

Shen Ji took two quick steps, put his hand on His Majesty's palm, and saluted him softly: "I give you my regards, Your Majesty."

Qin Yuan held her hand, and said in a low and beautiful voice: "It seems like it's the first time I've seen you wearing such a delicate color."

She lowered her eyes and smiled softly, coquettishly and affectionately with His Majesty: "Does it look good?"

But before he heard His Majesty's answer, there was a rush of footsteps, and it was Zhang Pu who hurried over.

At this time, unless it was a big deal, he would not bother easily. The good time was interrupted, and Shen Ji's expression changed slightly.

Zhang Pu ran over all the way, with a layer of sweat on his forehead, and he hurriedly bowed and said: "Your Majesty, something happened! Qi Changzai of Chonghua Palace was just found dead in the palace!"

Chapter 24

What, Qi Changzai is dead?

Shen Ji's pupils shrank, and the hand holding the brocade handkerchief suddenly tightened. She never imagined that the news that Zhang Pu came to tell at this time would be like this.

It was clear that she was fine a few days ago, but she really couldn't believe that Qi Changzai, who always choked her and flaunted her every time they met, died silently.

In the past few months since I entered the palace, I had already known that there were fierce fights, intrigues, and intrigues in the palace, but I had never seen it, and it only existed in the words of others. No matter how they disagreed, Shen Ji never thought about killing Qi Changzai. She never thought that the familiar people around her would suddenly disappear, and she never thought that the person who had been confronting her every day would actually become a corpse lying there. , can no longer open my eyes.

You must know that Qi Chang was of a high family background, but even she, the noblewoman with the highest family background in this group, would die suddenly in the palace, let alone an ant like herself.

The chill gradually climbed up his spine and then spread throughout his body. Shen Ji watched Zhang Pu's loss of consciousness intently. The hand held by His Majesty seemed to have lost its color and warmth and became extremely cold.

How bloody the brutal battle in the palace was, far more cruel than she imagined, as if from this moment, she really felt it.

It was really strange that Qi Chang died in Chonghua Palace. Qin Yuan's face darkened and he was about to speak, but he noticed that the woman's catkin in his palm was particularly cold at this time.

He turned his head to look at Shen Ji, and his expression softened: "Are you scared?"

Shen Ji nodded anxiously and grasped His Majesty's hand even more tightly.

Qin Yuan didn't say anything. He held Shen Ji's hand more tightly, led her to the emperor's chariot, and said softly: "I'm by your side, don't worry."

He couldn't help but take Shen Ji to sit on the royal chariot. Zhang Pu hurriedly urged the palace people to get up and start: "Quick, go to Chonghua Palace."

Taiye Pond is not close to Chonghua Palace. When the palace people rushed to Chonghua Palace, there were already a large number of people standing inside.

When such a big event happened, almost all the concubines with status in the palace arrived. The bed was covered with a layer of white cloth, and underneath was the dead Qi Baolin.

Everyone looked ugly, and the queen was standing in the center with a solemn expression.

Shen Ji followed His Majesty into the Zuiyun Pavilion and saw Qi Changzai's body covered with white cloth at a glance.

The person who was still alive yesterday was now lying here motionless. She couldn't tell whether it was the sadness of the rabbit's death or the death of her lips and teeth. The unreal and frightening feeling she had before coming to Chonghua Palace was even worse.

She took a deep look, tightened her handkerchief and closed her eyes.

Everyone turned to greet His Majesty's luggage. When they saw Yu Chang following closely beside them, many people's expressions changed slightly.

But there are more important things at the moment, and it is not the time to be jealous, so no one is looking for her displeasure at this time.

In the crowd, the queen sighed softly and said, "I have sent people to call the imperial doctor and the widower. It should be here soon."

Qin Yuan glanced at everyone and said in a deep voice: "Have all the palace servants in Zuiyun Pavilion been interrogated?"

The queen nodded: "As soon as I arrived, I had people seal off the Zuiyun Pavilion. I have interrogated them all, but no one knows what happened. All the palace people said that Qi Chang was fine before going to bed. In the morning It was really strange that he died on his own bed as soon as he woke up."

After a few breaths of silence, Qin Yuan stepped up and sat on the main seat, raised his eyes and looked over: "Since there was nothing wrong last night, the maid on duty in the house at night must know something."

At this time, Hongying, the palace maid who was on duty in the house last night at Zuiyun Pavilion, was escorted in from outside. When she saw the fight in the house, she was so frightened that her legs weakened.

She hurriedly knelt down and kowtowed, shouting: "Your Majesty, I really don't know anything. I was on duty last night, but there was nothing unusual at night and I didn't hear any sounds. The little master fell asleep and went to bed. I don't like it when my servants make noises and disturb me, so I don't dare to go over and disturb my young master's sleep. Please give me your Majesty's warning!"

When the concubines in the palace went to bed at night, the maids would take turns to stand guard on the floor outside the screen, and there would also be eunuchs guarding the door to ensure safety.

Hongying is always so close to her, so how could she not hear anything? How could a living person sleep to death?

Qin Yuan ignored him and raised his hand to have the eunuch who was on duty last night be pulled in for interrogation: "You were on duty at the door last night. Did you hear any noises?"

The eunuch was round-headed, and when he saw His Majesty, he was so frightened that he did not dare to say anything. He glanced at Hongying, and saw Hongying sobbing. He said that he had never heard a sound, and he was clearly trying to accuse him of being on duty. Take it off.

Qi Changzai was domineering, and those who were their slaves dared not speak out when they were angry. But the only good thing about her was that she was a snoozer. She would hardly get up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, and she would rarely wake up, so there were many eunuchs on duty outside. I also sleep in more or less.

He dozed off last night and almost slept for most of the night. How could he know if there was any sound, but since Hongying said there was no sound, he insisted that there was no sound, and he would not blame him even if he thought about it.

If he said that he had no knowledge, then the unfavorable accusation would be confirmed, and there would be no good consequences anyway.

After making up his mind, the eunuch also knelt down and said plaintively: "Your Majesty clearly knows that this slave didn't hear anything last night!"

The two closest servants didn't hear anything, which was really strange.

Rao Guifei snorted coldly: "Both of them said that they couldn't hear anything. Could it be that Qi Changzai really fell asleep on his own? Qi Changzai usually has a bit of a flamboyant temperament, but if it is said that you are slaves, They have evil intentions and may unite to harm Qi Changzai."

The queen frowned when she saw this: "The slave's framing of the master is a serious crime that affects the whole family. Besides, although Qi Changzai is impatient, he will not make the palace people so angry. They don't dare to."

"Qi Changzai is your cousin, Concubine Rao. The incident happened suddenly, so it's understandable that you were anxious for a while."

She said warmly: "Come here, bring a chair to Raogui."

The Queen spoke, and the stern look on Raogui's face softened a bit, and Fu Shen said, "Thank you, Queen, for your concern."

At this time, the imperial doctor and Wu Zuo arrived one after another, and the people crowded in front quickly stepped back to make a large open space.

The imperial doctor carefully checked whether there were any abnormalities in the items that Qi Chang had used and come into contact with recently. Wu Zuo then lifted up the white cloth, revealing the corpse with some bruises on the lips.

The dead man's face was exposed. When had the delicate palace concubines ever seen such a dirty scene? They would tilt their heads or hide their faces, frowning, or even be so frightened that they would run out and vomit.

Shuangming knew that Shen Ji was feeling uncomfortable, so he helped her stand in an inconspicuous corner and patted her shoulder.

Wu Zuo carefully inspected the condition of the corpse and stepped forward to report to His Majesty: "Your Majesty, my preliminary inspection shows that Qi Changzai died of suffocation. There is no sign of poisoning and there are no marks on his body."

At this time, the imperial doctor also finished the examination and stepped forward and said: "Your Majesty, Qi Changzai's food and clothing expenses are normal and there is nothing abnormal."

Even the imperial doctor and the emperor said so, could it be that Qi Changzai really slept to death by himself?

The queen frowned slightly and asked the imperial doctor: "Is it possible for a person to suffocate and die while sleeping?"

The imperial doctor bowed his head and said: "To return to the Queen, if you are a normal person, it is almost impossible to suffocate in your sleep, but it is not absolute. If there is a greater possibility of suffocation in your sleep, it is when ordinary breathing is not smooth. Darling, I dare to ask the empress, did Qi Chang have the habit of having difficulty breathing during his lifetime?"

Concubine Raogui frowned and said, "Qi Changzai has always been in good health and has never had any breathing problems."

"If this is the case, the possibility of Qi Chang suffocating to death in his sleep will be greatly reduced." The imperial doctor bowed deeply again.

Qin Yuan glanced at the kneeling Hongying and the eunuch on duty, and said coldly: "Pull them out and torture them until they tell the truth."

He calmly turned the jade ring between his fingers: "How can such a coincidence happen in this world that Qi Changzai meets his death? The people below must be dishonest."

Hongying was frightened and immediately shouted: "Your Majesty, spare your life, I really don't know!"

However, Qin Yuan didn't bother to look at her. Four tall and powerful guards quickly came up from the door and escorted the two slaves to the courtyard. Two benches and four thick-wristed sticks pressed them down. He opened his bow from left to right and started beating fiercely.

The spine stick hits the most important spine on the lower back. With such a thick stick, every blow is painful.

Hongying and the eunuch cried and shouted for His Majesty's life, and the screams made all the concubines in the room unable to bear to look at them.

The sound of sticks hitting the flesh outside the house made people's hearts beat, and no one dared to speak.

At this time, Lu Cairen glanced at Shen Ji, then looked outside the room, and said softly as if unintentionally: "This palace maid is often so close to her, so she must not be able to clear up the relationship. You can think about it differently. , if Qi Changzai is killed, who in this palace would want to be killed except Qi Changzai?"

"Although Qi Changzai is usually a bit domineering and has offended many people, he never kills him..."

Concubine Lin had never spoken. When Lu Cairen said this, she raised her eyes and gave her a cold look. The warning in her eyes was self-evident.

Lu Cairen lowered his head and did not dare to say more, but his voice became smaller and smaller: "I remember that Yu Changzai and Qi Changzai had a disagreement a few days ago. When we were in Yeting, Qi Changzai often insulted the good family members. You guys, Yu Changzai is also among them, could it be..."

The words were ambiguous, but it was clear that he wanted to put all the suspicion on Shen Ji.

In the past, Lu Cai and Shen Ji Ming pretended to be sisters on the surface, but since Qi Chang Zai regained favor, she went to get close to Qi Chang Zai and Rao Guifei, and she and Shen Ji gradually became estranged.

Shen Ji didn't know what kind of medicine Lu Cairen was selling in the gourd, or if she had discovered anything, but since Lu Cairen didn't plan to continue acting and was clearly going to stand on the opposite side, there was no need to worry about appearances with her. The feelings are divided.

She raised her eyes to look at Lu Cairen, and her clear voice had a hint of crying: "Qi Changzai is indeed impatient, and he often bullied good family members in the past, but in the end it was just words, and he never really said it. Have there been any substantive measures? Furthermore, I have been going to Changshou Palace to serve the Queen Mother every day for the past month, and I only had a few quarrels with Qi Changzai. Everyone in the palace at that time knew it."

"It's true that I came from a humble background, but I have absolutely no ability, and I can't do anything harmful to people's lives. Lu Cairen used to have a good relationship with me, but I really don't know where I offended my sister. Today's big event is too big You have to lead me to my head."

"If you say you don't like Qi Changzai," Rao Guifei glanced at Concubine Lin quietly and said quietly, "Didn't Concubine Lin punish Qi Changzai just a few days ago?"

After hearing this, Concubine Lin immediately said sternly: "What are you talking about? As a concubine, I assist in the affairs of the harem. Qi Chang committed the following crimes. It is natural for me to punish her."

Concubine Yi, who had been silent next to her, also said softly: "Concubine Lin is a noble concubine. If she doesn't like Qi Chang's domineering behavior, she can be disciplined directly. Why take the risk of murdering a low-ranking concubine? If you can directly do it." Those who are murderous must be those who do not always feel happy, have no way of revenge and have been bullied."

The matter has not yet been decided. What do you say to me? The queen frowned and asked everyone to restrain: "The matter has not yet been settled. I am just guessing about the concubine's appearance."

The sound of executions outside gradually stopped. It turned out that within a dozen strokes of the cane, the two men's muscles and bones had been broken and their flesh and blood were blurred. The eunuch even fainted.

Hongying still had one breath left, her voice was hoarse from shouting, her face turned red, and she vomited blood. She muttered like a gossamer: "I'll do it for you, I'll do it for you..."

The execution guard heard the sound and immediately went forward to ask for instructions.

Qin Yuan's dark eyes darkened a bit. He waved his hand to the imperial doctor, and the guards immediately dragged her off the stool. A ladle of cold water was poured on Hongying's face to prevent her from fainting, and some golden sore medicine was sprinkled on her face to temporarily stop the bleeding. Lest the blood stains stain the noble's ears and eyes, Zhang Pu went over in person to listen to what Hongying said.

The trouble was brought to Shen Ji. Looking at the scene outside, she couldn't help but feel a little uneasy, always feeling that something bad was going to happen.

On the main seat, Qin Yuan's probing gaze fell on Shen Ji, and then he looked at Concubine Lin indifferently.

He glanced at the crowd of Yingyans in the room but did not speak.

Just listening to Hongying gasping for breath was already very labored, and she said tremblingly: "Someone instigated this slave... to suffocate... my little master..."

"Yes... Yu Changzai..."

Chapter 25

Hearing this name, Zhang Pu's expression suddenly changed a bit.

He patiently waited for Hongying to finish speaking slowly, then immediately stepped forward and bowed, reporting to His Majesty word for word: "Your Majesty, the palace maid Hongying has already recruited all the people, and said -"

Zhang Pu carefully glanced at Yu Changzai and continued: "Hongying said that someone ordered her to cover Qi Changzai to death."

Everyone's eyes turned to Zhang Pu. Qin Yuan's face became darker and he asked coldly: "Who has the courage to murder a concubine?"

Facing His Majesty's question, Zhang Pu did not dare to raise his head and buried himself deeply: "Hongying said, it is the jade that is always there."

The expressions of the concubines in the house immediately became colorful. Some were gloating about the misfortune, while others were calm, but most of them were watching the fire from the other side.

The bad premonition came true. The charge of murdering the concubine was suddenly placed on his head. Shen Ji's pupils shrank sharply and he argued: "How is it possible? I have never done such a thing!"

"I don't know this palace maid at all, let alone bribed or instigated her. How can I prove it by just her alone?"

Her beautiful eyes turned red, and she knelt down softly in front of His Majesty, pleading: "Go to Your Majesty to investigate this matter, and I will be clean."

Concubine Lin raised her hand to stroke her hair, shook her head, and looked at His Majesty with a sweet smile: "Hongying is just a palace maid. If she is trying to frame you, why should she tell you when she is about to die? Wouldn't it be more satisfying to admit it from the beginning? some."

Shen Ji looked at Concubine Lin and saw her standing beside His Majesty, her aloof appearance was particularly dazzling. The concubines around were either watching the show or silent, but no one spoke for her.

After a moment, the queen looked at her majesty and said: "Hongying's words alone cannot be trusted. Does she have evidence? If we trust her without evidence, wouldn't everyone be able to accuse concubines based on one-sided words in the future? But if you want to The harem is in chaos."

She glanced at the Queen gratefully, and then said to His Majesty: "If someone deliberately framed me, they could naturally instigate Hongying to finally reveal that I was the one who did it. Wouldn't that be more credible? Your Majesty, please understand. Check, I will never bear the responsibility for evil people for things I have never done."

Qin Yuan knocked on the armrest slowly and said in a low voice, "What did the palace maid say?"

Zhang Pu did not dare to hide anything and continued: "The palace maid said that when Yu Chang was buying her, it was night and the wind blew again, and the two of them picked up the wrong handkerchief in a hurry. Because the colors were similar, The palace maid also had several replaceable handkerchiefs, so she only discovered it yesterday. She also said that the concubines had more handkerchiefs. I guess Yu Changzai would not look carefully. If she searched the palace now, she might be able to find her own handkerchiefs. Square handkerchief."

After that, he stepped forward and handed over an old handkerchief to His Majesty for inspection.

This statement is very clear and well-founded, and even the details are so real, as if it is true. For a moment, everyone in the room looked at Shen Ji, who was wearing pear blossoms and raining rain, waiting with bated breath for His Majesty's decree.

Concubine Lin glanced at her lazily and said softly: "Your Majesty, this palace maid spoke so thoroughly that I have to wonder if it was Yu Changzai who did it. Fortunately, there is no evidence to back up what I said. I can only search the palace." Only then can we prove that what Hongying said is true."

Qin Yuan's black eyes darkened slightly, looking at Shen Ji who was crying in the room, and said: "Since Hongying said it in such detail, let's go search the palace to see if it is really true."

Shen Ji looked at His Majesty's expression and knew that the matter had come to this, and it was impossible not to search the palace.

The person behind Hongying had already settled everything. First, he bribed Hongying, covered Qi Changzai to death, and then tortured him with a stick. Finally, he made Hongying reveal that he was the one who ordered it, and then arranged the handkerchief for Qi Changzai long before his death. They came here to frame her and frame her up, and they were all linked together to get her to death.

It's ridiculous that she was still feeling cold because of Qi Changzai's death just now, and her back was cold, and the next moment it was on her body.

I have long heard people say that there is deep resentment in the palace, and that if you are not careful, you will be shattered into pieces, a place that eats people without spitting out their bones. Today, I have experienced it firsthand.

Ever since the day someone made the paper kite for the Queen Mother, someone sneaked into Miaoyunwu late at night, she has been taking extra precautions against Miaoyunwu. Zhou Yue is a very stable and reliable person, and he always obeys her orders, not to mention that he cannot enter next to her bed. go.

Unless Shuangying and Junxue, the two personal maids, were bribed, it would be impossible for anyone to stuff this veil into Miaoyunwu.

So where is the veil that will frame her?

In desperation, Shen Ji said with tears in his eyes: "I have no objection to the search of the palace, but I am suspicious. I beg your majesty to search the entire Chunlan Palace thoroughly."

Qin Yuan looked at her steadily, but did not ask any questions. He only raised his fingers slightly, and his calm voice seemed to be brewing a storm: "Go and search the entire Chunlan Palace. I want to see how this drama ends. How long do you want to sing?"

Almost everyone is unwilling to search the palace, whether it is an unjust accusation or a fact.

If she is wrongly accused, it will be a great shame for the concubine. Having her residence dug out in detail is tantamount to stripping her naked for everyone to see, and it also means that she If you don't have His Majesty's trust, you will inevitably be gossiped about behind your back.

I thought that Yu Changzai would definitely be unwilling, but she was willing to give up her dignity and asked His Majesty to also search her fellow concubine Li Meiren. Is it because she was afraid that nothing would be found?

Concubine Rao Gui glanced at Lu Cairen, her eyes a little confused.

After the guards who searched the palace left, the room fell into an eerie silence.

Shen Ji's eyes were red and he took in everyone's expressions. When he saw Concubine Yi and Concubine Lin, he stopped looking.

When she heard that the entire Chunlan Palace was to be searched, Concubine Lin's expression was obviously panicked for a moment, but then she relaxed and seemed not worried. Concubine Yi, on the other hand, had a calm expression from beginning to end, as if she was okay with everything. She has nothing to do with it, but every time he speaks, his words are directed at her.

She hated Qi Changzai and wanted to get rid of Shen Ji at the same time. Apart from Concubine Lin, whom she had offended a few days ago, she could not think of anyone else.

But could Concubine Lin, who is so coquettish and showy, come up with such a good idea? Or was it Concubine Yi's idea?

As time passed by bit by bit, Shen Ji became increasingly anxious.

The queen looked at the square handkerchief and spoke slowly: "Although the results of the palace search have not come out yet, I have just carefully observed that this square handkerchief may not belong to Yu Chang."

"The material of this handkerchief is light blue brocade with white plum blossoms embroidered on it. Judging from the degree of wear and tear, it must have been used for a period of time. According to regulations, it is indeed usable for Baolin and below, but it may not be Yuchang. Here I am."

These words caused ripples in the dead water. Lu Cairen looked over and said in a clear voice: "I used to be familiar with Yu Changzai. I once saw that Yu Changzai had such a plain brocade and white plum handkerchief."

She said softly: "Although handkerchiefs are small things, everyone likes different colors, materials and patterns. Do they really use the same ones?"

The Queen glanced at Lu Cairen and did not answer. She just unfolded the square handkerchief and showed it to Your Majesty: "Your Majesty, take a look."

"I remember that after this year's palace election, the Shangfu Bureau made a batch of such handkerchiefs for the candidates of Xiyuan. The colors were different and the embroidery was different. However, the ones cut from the same batch of cloth were almost the same. This one is not unique."

Qin Yuan lowered his eyes and said softly: "It's not an orphan, but someone deliberately used similar things to frame him."

Concubine Lin looked at the queen coldly and sneered: "I have heard people say that the queen likes the presence of Yu Chang, and she often mentions it. I didn't believe it at first, but today I saw that it is true."

"The results of the palace search have not yet come out, so the Queen is thinking of ways to excuse Yu Changzai. Besides, after all, only a very small number of people have used this veil, so how can we prove that it is not Yu Changzai?"

The queen asked Yun Lan beside her to put away the veil, and said in a very calm voice: "I am the master of the middle palace. It is precisely because of fairness that I do not want to wrong anyone."

Concubine Lin had always disliked the Queen's pretentious benevolence, and wanted to say something more, but His Majesty was here, so she couldn't be too presumptuous, so she reluctantly stopped.

Two quarters of an hour later, the guards who went to Chunlan Palace to search the palace came back in a hurry.

The leading guard was holding a square handkerchief in his hand and entered the room to salute: "Your Majesty, the ministers and others searched Chunlan Palace and finally found the square handkerchief mentioned by the palace maid Hongying."

Zhang Pu quickly stepped forward to take the veil, held it up with both hands, and handed it to His Majesty.

Hearing this, Concubine Lin's eyes flashed with satisfaction.

Qin Yuan glanced at it lightly and asked patiently: "Where did you find it?"

The guard lowered his head: "Your Majesty, it fell from Li Meiren's sleeve in the Zhuyun Pavilion of Chunlan Palace."

"Li Meiren has been brought by Wei Chen and others and is outside the house."

As soon as he finished speaking, the expressions of the concubines in the room changed.

The development of this situation is becoming more and more unexpected, and Li Meiren is actually involved.

Although Li Meiren is not a good-tempered person and has been out of favor for a long time, she has never heard of any dispute between her and Qi Changzai, so what is the cause of this trouble.

Upon hearing Li Meiren's name, Qin Yuan frowned and said in a deep voice, "Bring her in."

At this time, Shen Ji, who breathed a sigh of relief, burst into tears at the right time, and his big tears rolled down like broken pearls. I felt pity for him, and his beautiful voice was choked with sobs: "Your Majesty, I am concubine." The reason why I just asked you to search the palace together is because my fellow concubine Li Meiren has an impure mind. Yesterday she sent someone to sneak into Miaoyunwu, but she was captured by the leader of the concubine, Zhou Yue."

"But it was noon at that time, and no one could prove it, so Li Meiren refused to admit it. I couldn't go to express my love to the queen and could only swallow my anger. As a result, something like this happened today. I have to suspect that Li Meiren yesterday Did he send someone to my palace to frame me by putting the stolen goods into Miaoyunwu? But who knows, he was captured on the spot by Zhou Yue. To this day, he has never found an opportunity to do it again. It's in my own hands."

"Li Meiren has been making things difficult for me since I moved into Chunlan Palace. Your Majesty, please investigate and clear my name."

Seeing Shen Ji's tearful and pitiful look, Qin Yuan softened his tone: "I will investigate clearly."

Li Meiren was pushed to the Zuiyun Pavilion by the guards with a panic look on her face. When she saw His Majesty's stern eyes, her knees immediately became weak with fear.

When she heard that Qi Chang died in the palace early this morning, she felt very uneasy and did not dare to come.

She didn't know whether Qi Changzai's death had anything to do with her, but she didn't finish what her mother had told her to do, so she didn't dare to get rid of the things. After all, they were harmful things to people, and she didn't trust them anywhere, so she stuffed them day and night. He kept it in his sleeves, not daring to let it pass through her hands again, and kept waiting for news in the palace.

Unexpectedly, the news that came was not good news. It turned out to be the guards searching the palace. They also searched the entire Chunlan Palace, even the Zhuyun Pavilion.

In her panic, she accidentally dropped the handkerchief in her sleeve and was caught by someone.

Could it be that this handkerchief has something to do with Qi Changzai's death? Is she going to be the scapegoat?

Pairs of eyes in Zuiyun Pavilion were staring at him, and His Majesty's expression was extremely gloomy.

Li Meiren simply didn't dare to think about what a miserable end she would end up with if she was thought to be the murderer.

She was pushed to the ground miserably, and the handkerchief fell lightly to her.

I heard His Majesty say in a cold voice: "Where did you get this handkerchief? I will give you the opportunity to get it truthfully."

Seeing that things had turned around, Concubine Lin became a little anxious. She was afraid that Li Meiren had said something wrong without knowing it, so she hurriedly reminded her: "This handkerchief..."

Unexpectedly, before she finished speaking, His Majesty interrupted her coldly: "No one can interrupt with words, and they will be punished with the same crime."

Concubine Lin trembled suddenly and did not dare to make any more noise.

Could it be...that His Majesty guessed something?

Li Meiren knelt down in front of His Majesty and hesitated for a long time.

The empress told her at the beginning that as long as she could put this veil into Yu Changzai's palace, she didn't need to do anything else. Shen Ji would not only be able to get rid of Shen Ji's evil intention of framing her with the rash, but also ensure that she would regain the favor of the saint. It was such a good plan that she agreed.

Unexpectedly, this veil was implicated in Qi Changzai's death, and now it seemed to be evidence. No matter how bold she was in bullying Shen Ji, she would not dare to talk nonsense at this time.

If you admit it, you may be murdering Qi Changzai's big mouth. If you don't admit it, it is also a crime of bullying. If you tell the truth...

She subconsciously looked at Concubine Lin, with pleading in her eyes.

But Concubine Lin gave her a vicious look, and the threat in her eyes was self-evident.

The Lin family has great achievements and is extremely illustrious. If she reveals that it was Guifei Lin who ordered it, then her family will be doomed!

Moreover, even if it is revealed that it was Concubine Lin who instigated her, she will refuse to admit it. The evidence is still with her. For the sake of her family background and Princess Changle, Your Majesty will not do anything to Concubine Lin, nor will she let her go. Own.

All roads were blocked. The more Li Mei thought about it, the more desperate she became. She never imagined that she just wanted to take revenge on Yu Changzai, but she would end up in such a situation.

Li Meiren looked at His Majesty in panic, her whole body shaking like chaff, and she was extremely frightened.

She wanted to live, but she also wanted everyone in her family to be able to live as well. The concubines in the palace were related to the glory of the mother family. She could not let her family suffer the cold treatment of His Majesty because of herself, and at the same time, she was targeted by the Lin family.

With Concubine Lin's glance just now, she finally understood. This was clearly a plan to kill two birds with one stone, and she was just one part of it.

The feeling of personally admitting a crime that you have not committed is tantamount to using a knife to scrape your own flesh piece by piece, sending yourself to a place of eternal damnation. Li Meiren trembled and said with difficulty every word: "I... I am a concubine." I can't stand Qi Changzai's pretentiousness, and I don't like Yu Changzai being favored. I have been at odds with her for a long time, so I became obsessed with her for a moment..."

Shen Ji opened his eyes wide, never expecting that she would be so unwilling to reveal the behind-the-scenes instructions. He turned around and asked her: "Although you and I are not on good terms, you are always the same brother and have no grievances. You have never killed anyone." Reason, who is your behind-the-scenes instigator?"

Qin Yuan's probing eyes glanced at Li Meiren, but she just knelt down on the ground limply, crying sadly: "There is no mastermind behind this, I did it all myself."

The palace maid Hongying outside the house has expired, and the clues stop here. Even if there are still doubts about this matter, it is time to put a final seal on it.

Qin Yuan's deep eyes fell on Concubine Lin and others, but in the end he said nothing. He simply averted his eyes and stood up and said: "The palace maid and eunuch involved were beaten to death with sticks and thrown into a mass grave. It is a grave crime for Li Meiren to murder the palace concubine, so she should be demoted to a commoner and sent to the cold palace, where she will never be able to leave the palace."

"Consecrate Qi Changzai's family, posthumously make him a nobleman, and bury him with the honors of a nobleman."

Li Meiren cried and was dragged down, and the imperial driver gradually disappeared at the entrance of Zuiyun Pavilion. The queen sighed softly and let everyone in the room disperse.

Concubine Lin glanced back at Qi Changzai's body, then glanced at Shen Ji, and after meeting Concubine Yi's eyes, she hurriedly left the Zuiyun Pavilion.

The crowd dispersed in twos and threes, and Shuang Ying helped Shen Ji, who had been kneeling on the ground for a long time, to stand up. Her expression was still dazed and she had not come back to her senses.

The main room, which was crowded just a few breaths ago, was so deserted now. A gust of cold wind blew in and swept over Shen Ji, chilling her thin sweat.

The room was quiet, without any sound. Except for Shen Ji and Shuang Ying, it seemed that only Qi Changzai was left on the bed, covered with a white cloth.

Suddenly, a very faint voice came from behind her: "Now that it's over, I didn't expect you to be able to take yourself out. It's really not that simple for you."

Shen Ji was silent for a moment, then turned to look at the speaker with an indifferent expression: "Lu Cairen, you are much sharper and more cruel than I thought."

Lu Cairen looked at Shen Ji and suddenly chuckled: "People die for money and birds die for food, let alone people."

"Yu Changzai, you are a smart person, so you have been showing weakness from the beginning, making everyone think that you are weak and can be bullied. Even I was almost deceived by you. But you never really believed in me, and I also I never really believed in you, it was just a matter of using each other and superficial intimacy."

Shen Ji raised his chin and looked at her, with only an icy chill in his eyes: "Since you know everything, you shouldn't choose to be my enemy today."

"If you continue to pretend, I might still have the heart to act like a sister with you and see what you really want to do."

"But there is no turning back now, Lu Cairen."

She supported Shuangying, straightened her back, and left Zuiyun Pavilion without looking back.

"Since you want to fight, let's wait and see who wins in the end."

Chapter 26

There was no one around outside the Chonghua Palace. Concubine Lin, dressed in gorgeous clothes, walked in a hurry, her brows furrowed on her pretty face. Concubine Yi followed behind her slowly, her expression gentle and calm.

Concubine Lin raised her hand and retreated from the attendants behind her. She and Concubine Yi walked to the deserted ground in front of them. They held the handkerchief and said, "I never thought that Mrs. Li would be such a stupid person. Let her Even a small thing like putting a handkerchief can't be done! I almost got myself involved."

"Fortunately, she was sensible and didn't expose me. It's just a pity that she couldn't kill two birds with one stone except Yu Changzai."

Compared to Concubine Lin's harsh words, Concubine Yi's face was much calmer. She knew that Concubine Lin was afraid, so she persuaded her gently: "In fact, why do you need to take such risks?"

"Qi Guiren is disrespectful and disrespectful. You have many ways to deal with her. Even if Yu Chang is liked by His Majesty for a while, but she has no children, it doesn't matter even if she gets the attention of the Queen Mother, it will always be useless."

"As a noble concubine, you have a prominent family background, and you have given birth to Princess Changle. You are extremely favored. Taking risks will only arouse His Majesty's suspicion, and the gain will not be worth the loss."

Concubine Lin turned her head to look at her, a trace of struggle flashed in her eyes, but her charming face was silent for only a moment, but her tone remained cold: "I just don't like your Majesty doting on other women, and I don't allow anyone to cross me. go."

"Qi Guiren, a mere mediocre person, dares to show off in front of me on the basis of His Majesty's favor. What kind of thing is Yu Chang Zai? After I gave birth to Changle, my favor was not as good as before. Do I have to watch them one by one? To take His Majesty away?"

"And that noble concubine was just used by my father once. Now that she has become the leader, she dares to contradict me face to face. One after another, everything goes wrong!"

Concubine Yi raised her eyes to look at her and said softly: "Concubine Rao should not have been promoted to a higher rank. It was His Majesty who wanted to promote her, which gave her the confidence. In the harem, if you compete with low-ranking people, it will be forever. There is no end to the competition, not only with this batch, but also with the next batch after the new year. There are beauties emerging one after another, so why don't you open some of them?"

After that, she changed the topic naturally: "Just like the empress, although she has no children and a mediocre family background, as a queen, as long as she does not commit any serious crimes, she will always be the empress. She is the true wife of the mother and the world. The people below No matter how much trouble you make, you have to listen to the queen after all."

"Don't mention the Queen in front of me!" Lin Guifei's face suddenly darkened, "The Queen has no children and cannot give birth to an heir for Your Majesty. How can she deserve this position? In the harem, how can Your Majesty not fight for it? Will you like it?"

Concubine Yi looked into Concubine Lin's eyes, then lowered her head and said in obedience: "Your Majesty is right. But your Majesty must know what she wants most, right?"

"Is it to get the position you want, or is it the same group of young faces competing for favor?"

She paused and said, "Your Majesty must understand the priorities better than I do."

"If the empress really doesn't like those people below who can jump high," Yi Fei said naturally, "wouldn't it be better for me to gather a few available people, beat them up, and let them do it?"

Concubine Lin looked at Concubine Yi suspiciously, and after a while, she walked forward with an arrogant expression: "What you said makes sense."

"After I gave birth to Chang Le, my favor gradually declined, and so many new people entered the palace. It was indeed too hasty."

"Li Meiren has simply taken all the blame and gone to the cold palace. Send someone to deal with her and don't let her speak again."

After Qi Guiren dies, his body will be buried in the imperial concubine's mausoleum, and the Zuiyun Pavilion where he lived during his lifetime will be cleaned up inside and out, and a legal ceremony will be held in compliance with regulations.

The Zuiyun Pavilion, which was bustling before, suddenly became deserted. Because so many people had died, the living people might be affected by bad luck and lose even a little bit of popularity.

The palace maids and eunuchs who previously served in Zuiyun Pavilion, except for Hongying and the eunuchs who were on duty, will return to Yeting and the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Qiu Fei, Qi Guiren's former personal maid, is no exception.

The maids were all being taken away by the nanny from Ye Ting. Qiu Fei stood at the end and pursed his lips in silence, looking at the sealed Zuiyun Pavilion. In the end, he said nothing, lowered his eyes and followed the nanny away.

-

Inside Miaoyunwu.

Shuangying helped Shen Ji back to Chunlan Palace where only she lived now. The huge Miaoyunwu was quiet, as if everyone knew what happened to her master. She sat in front of the round table and clenched her fists. My heart was still beating fast, as if it was about to come out of my throat.

From the other end of the Zhuyun Pavilion, there was a faint voice from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ye Ting who sent the palace attendants, and there were special people to clean up Li's things. Although Li was to blame, such a person would leave the building empty. The desolation is still not easy to bear.

What's more, she knew very well that no matter how vicious Li was, he was just a small character who bullied the weak and was afraid of the strong. Even though she didn't like herself and often looked down on her, she didn't dare to kill him, let alone the courage.

The person who wanted her life was Concubine Lin.

Before entering the palace, she always thought that she had seen enough, was ruthless enough, and understood men well enough. When she entered the palace, she was fully prepared to enjoy the glory and wealth while walking on a sea of ​​corpses and blood.

But she overestimated herself and underestimated the dangers of the harem.

Today in the Zuiyun Pavilion, 80/90% of the concubines were in the room, but everyone was just watching the show, wanting to see if she, a favored person, could escape, and would she perish.

What's more, I can't wait to push her a few more steps into the abyss.

Except for the fair Queen, no one spoke for her, and no one cared about her life or death.

Fortunately, Li Meiren did not succeed, and the queen was there to help her deal with it. If not, she would not be able to defend herself.

This shows how disadvantageous it is to have no one in the palace to speak for him.

Lu Cairen had obviously defected to Concubine Rao, and Concubine Lin had Concubine Yi and others. She was from a humble background, and the Queen Mother was careless about things. Without a trusted concubine to join her, she would be alone and vulnerable to enemies from all sides.

At this time, Junxue came to report that Zhang Pu had come in person to bring her a reward from His Majesty.

Shen Ji stood up and went out to greet him. Zhang Pu bowed and saluted, and said warmly: "Your Majesty asked your servant to go over and bring you some tranquilizing pills. He said that today, my master, you were frightened and something like this happened again. I will give you a special reward." You use it to soothe your nerves."

Zhang Pu came to deliver her in person, which showed that His Majesty knew in his heart that she had been wronged today and wanted to express his comfort. She knelt down to thank her, and asked Yun Xue to take the Anshen Pills. Her Qingwan voice was a little low: "Thank you, Chief Supervisor, for making the trip in person. With His Majesty's grace, these Anshen Pills are just right for you."

Seeing the sad look on Yu Changzai's face, Zhang Pu also guessed that it was because of the incident between Qi Gui and Li Meiren that the newcomer who had only been in the palace for a few months suddenly lost two concubines and was almost framed. How could he not be afraid? Of.

Fortunately, His Majesty believed in the young master after all, and even asked him to deliver the things. He lowered his eyelids and said: "There are many people in the palace, and there are only five people separated by five. It is inevitable that there will be some conflicts. The young master is still tolerant." Don't worry, we still have to live this life after all, don't you think so?"

Shen Ji covered his lips with a handkerchief and nodded softly: "What the eunuch said is absolutely correct."

"Thank you for your hard work, Chief Superintendent, for the trip to Miaoyunwu. Please don't take it personally and take it to tea."

Shuangying quietly stuffed a brocade bag into Zhang Pu's palm. He smiled and led the people in front of him to leave Miaoyunwu.

After they left, Shuangying said with a smile: "Your Majesty really cares about my little master. The name of this Anshen Pill is not obvious, but it is really a rare thing. It is very difficult to make. Your Majesty must know that you have been wronged today. I am afraid that you will be wronged today." You are afraid."

Shen Ji lowered his eyes and looked at the tranquilizing pill, but did not say anything more. He only said softly and thoughtfully: "Put it away."

-

After the incident between Qi Gui and Li, the palace lived in peace for a long time.

It's the end of June in a blink of an eye, and in a few days it will be time to go to the palace to escape the summer heat.

During this month, His Majesty was busy with state affairs, and he visited the harem only a handful of times in a month.

The Queen, An Cai and Yu Chang were here once each, and there were no others.

Last time at Baihua Trail, because of the death of Qi Gui, Shen Ji could not reward the peonies with His Majesty. Shen Ji paid attention to His Majesty's whereabouts every day since then.

The flowers are blooming and falling, and the peonies are almost past their flowering stage and will no longer be as beautiful as before. However, the lotus flowers by the Taiye Lake have already revealed their buds, and some of them have bloomed earlier, looking shy and ready to bloom.

Today is the time for the imperial court meeting once a month, and His Majesty will spend more time in the evening than usual.

Political affairs were complicated, and she thought she should take a gamble today on whether she could see His Majesty in Taiye Pond.

Shen Ji stood in front of the door of Miaoyunwu, looked outside, and said in a low voice: "Go and invite the class selectors to gather together."

The maids in the courtyard immediately went to Yeting to invite people. Shuangying stood beside Shen Ji and sighed softly: "Actually, the young master has not seen your Majesty for many days. Today is such a good opportunity. I really want to give it to Ban Xuan." Waiter?"

"It's okay to give in or not," Shen Ji lowered his eyelashes and looked at the lotus in the round vat, which was bathing in the sun and stretching its delicate petals. "I need helpers to support each other, and she needs it too."

"Besides, if you go to Taiye Pond today, Your Majesty will see me."

When Ban Yuya was invited by the palace officials of Miaoyunwu, she was still a little confused. She didn't know why Sister Shen called her here so early in the morning.

She first saluted and asked timidly: "Sister Shen, why did you call me here so early? What's the important matter?"

Shen Ji smiled softly, led her to the back room, and let her sit in front of the dressing table.

There is a set of palace skirts of different styles and colors on the table. Each one is gorgeous and unique, and made of high-quality materials. On the table, there is a box full of jewelry and hairpins, and several silk velvet flowers. One of them is extremely valuable if you take it out.

Such rich and charming eyes were even richer than the last time she saw them. Ban Yuya was a little stunned for a moment.

Shen Ji chuckled softly: "These are the rewards from Your Majesty, the Queen Mother and the Queen in the past few months, and some were sent by other concubines in the past. This is all I collected together."

"In the palace, as long as you are favored, you will be the best in food, clothing, housing and transportation, and you will be the kind of wealth that others can't envy." She gently touched Ban Yuya's hair, revealing a section of her fair and slender neck, "Sister , do you want to be favored?"

Ban Yuya was stunned for a moment, then lowered her head and timidly said: "Sister, I am different from you. You are a gifted person and so smart, so you can be so favored in front of His Majesty, but I am not like you in any way. Nothing compares to yours."

"I have been in the palace for several months, and His Majesty has never been lucky enough. It shows that Your Majesty does not like me."

"I'm afraid... I'm afraid that I'll drag my sister down, and I'm afraid that being favored will lead to disaster. If my sister is favored, everyone will know that we have a good relationship. Although life in Ye Ting is harder, life is pretty good, but once I get into trouble, then... ..."

Shen Ji held her shoulders and spoke in a gentle but firm tone: "Except for me, Your Majesty has never met any of the selected servants in Xiyuan, but this does not mean that Your Majesty doesn't like you."

"Instead of being wronged everywhere in Yeting, it's better to give it a try. You have to fight for the opportunity to get ahead. If you are always mediocre, maybe you will be killed if you say something wrong. If you want to survive, your life will be determined. Hold it in your own hands."

She said warmly: "Last month, due to the death of Qi Guiren, I was involved in the harem dispute. It was then that I realized that it turned out that there was no one I could trust in the palace to walk side by side, so I was facing enemies from both sides. Yuya, this palace There are so many concubines, but I only believe in you."

After saying that, she turned around Ban Yuya and looked at her quietly: "If you really don't want to, I will never force you, but if you are determined to fight, we sisters can go hand in hand."

Ban Yuya looked at Shen Ji's expression and began to struggle fiercely in her heart.

Can a timid and timid person like her really be favored and survive in the harem with Sister Shen? At present, because of Sister Shen's reputation, although Xiyuan's selected attendants are not doing well, she is still relatively stable. However, if Sister Shen loses power, not only will she not be able to help, but she will also fall into the bottom.

If you can be favored, not only will your life be easier, but you may also have room to speak. She was born among the people, and she also secretly yearned for the days when she had fine clothes, fine food, and surrounded by palace maids.

Your destiny is in your own hands...

It seems that after much deliberation, it is better to fight than to sit back and wait for death.

Ban Yuya hesitated for a long time, and finally nodded, holding onto Shen Ji's hand: "Sister Shen, I'm willing to give it a try, and I'm willing to listen to you."

"I don't understand many things in the palace. Please don't dislike me, sister, and teach me more, okay?"

Shen Ji smiled lightly and said warmly: "Of course it's good."

Ban Yuya's complexion is very fair and she is born very delicate and delicate.

If Shen Ji is the charming hibiscus in the misty rain in the south of the Yangtze River, then Yuya is like the graceful lotus in the rain.

Her appearance is not eye-catching, but she is very attractive. She is very pitiful when she is shy and timid.

Shen Ji chose for her a myrobalan skirt made of aqua-green snow-spun gauze, with exquisite lotus embroidery on it, a lotus-colored long-sleeved shirt, and a lotus-stem green shawl draped over her arms.

Her black hair is tied into a flowing bun, a big pink silk flower hairpin, and a tassel hairpin, and she looks like a lotus fairy.

People depend on their clothes. Junxue and Shuangying were also amazed and couldn't stop praising them.

Ban Yuya shyly looked at her unfamiliar self in the mirror and asked in a low voice: "Sister Shen, is it really okay for me to do this?"

Shen Ji smiled and said nothing.

The early morning in Taiye Lake is not too hot. There is a gentle breeze among the green willows and the sparkling lake water. It is very pleasant and pleasant to walk in the shade.

The round lotus leaves are covered with crystal dew, and the lotus flowers next to the Diaoyutai are already in full bloom, making the scenery picturesque.

Shen Ji wore a scarlet palace skirt today, which was as gorgeous as peony. However, it looked a bit hot in the summer. It was not as refreshing as the blue water and green water of the lake, and it made Ban Yuya fresh and refined.

The weather is nice today, and there are concubines admiring the scenery not far away. Shen Ji specially chose the location of Diaoyutai near the flower path. This is the place where His Majesty and he wanted to enjoy the double peonies a month ago.

If your majesty wants to come to Taiye Pond when he is in court, he will probably come here directly due to habit.

The scenery of Taiye Pond is excellent. Ban Yuya and Shen Ji stood side by side, looking at the sparkling water of Taiye Pond.

Ban Yuya's voice was very low, and as soon as she opened her mouth, it was drowned out by the cool breeze blowing in her face, but Shen Ji still heard her clearly: "Sister Shen, we will definitely be able to live well in the harem. "

-

After the court meeting, Qin Yuan took off his bright yellow court clothes, changed into light casual clothes, and pressed his eyebrows tiredly.

During the great court meeting in January, things are always complicated and extremely numerous. Fortunately, the floods in Qizhou have been brought under control, and matters in various places have been dealt with, so it can finally subside for a while.

Zhang Pu came over with a cup of tea and said in a low voice: "Your Majesty, have a cup of tea and relax your mind. It will be some time before lunch, do you want to take a break?"

The door of Jianzhang Hall was wide open, and the draft blew in, bringing a slight coolness, which was quite comfortable.

The flowers in the palace had been replaced a long time ago. I don't know which smart palace maid had a pair of skillful hands. She used a few half-opened lotus buds and round lotus leaves to insert them into the vase. The bulging pink and white flower buds were slightly blooming, which was very pleasing to the eye.

I've been busy for a month recently, and maybe I haven't gone out for a breath of air for a long time. Qin Yuan waved his hand and said quietly: "It's a nice day today, let's go to Taiye Pond for a walk."

Chapter 27

After the emperor arrived at Taiye Pond, Qin Yuan saw the two people standing side by side by the lake at a glance.

The crimson color is charming, the aqua green is fresh, and the jade-white skin is so clear and dazzling under the sparkling light.

The two women stood by the lake with their backs to him, looking at the scenery, like a graceful painting. Qin Yuan didn't know who they were, but he was not in a hurry and knocked on the armrest leisurely.

Zhang Pu was undoubtedly the most discerning person in front of the emperor. He immediately bowed and asked, "Your Majesty, would you like me to invite the two young masters to come over?"

Qin Yuan said lightly: "No need."

Since it was a chance encounter, it would be more interesting if they discovered it in person.

Shen Ji's classmate Yuya stood by the lake quietly waiting for the opportunity, and suddenly realized that it seemed that there had been silence behind them for a long time.

Shuangying was the first to look back. When he saw the dozen or so people behind him, and when he saw His Majesty's eyes looking over, he was startled for a moment. She coughed twice, turned around quickly, knelt down and saluted: "My slave, please give your regards to Your Majesty."

Ban Yuya was startled. She didn't expect to see His Majesty here. Before she could turn around, her face turned red and her lips licked a few times. She almost didn't know what to say. She looked at Shen Ji and said, Only then did they pluck up the courage, and together they turned around and saluted, saying: "I would like to pay your respects to Your Majesty."

The beauty's appearance was clearly visible, and Qin Yuan was a little surprised that the person in the crimson palace skirt would be his jade.

He vaguely remembered seeing Shen Ji wearing bright colors here when the peonies were blooming.

But that day, the apricot powder matched the color of the peony flower, and it was charming and charming. Although it is beautiful today, it is too gorgeous.

It is not as good as the beautiful girl beside him, who is dressed in water-green lotus root powder. She looks like a fairy with green leaves and pink flowers in the Taiye Pond, fresh and pleasant.

"Everyone, get up."

Qin Yuan came down from the imperial chariot without haste, walked to the edge of Taiye Pond with his hands behind his hands, and looked at Shen Ji calmly: "It is rare for Yu Chang to be so beautiful, and he has a unique style."

"It's been hot lately, so you guys will take some time off and know which places in the harem have the best scenery."

Shen Ji smiled softly and said warmly: "The lotus flowers in Taiye Pond are blooming just in time. I and Sister Ban are going to be together with Your Majesty."

After saying that, she glanced at Ban Yuya without any trace.

It was the first time that Ban Yuya saw His Majesty at such a close distance. She did not expect that His Majesty was so much more beautiful than she had imagined. His face was like a crown jewel and his features were handsome. Is this the person she will serve in the future?

She lowered her head in embarrassment and said softly: "Yeting is not far from Taiye Pond. I have been friends with Sister Yu in the past. We just came out to enjoy the scenery together today. Who knew we would meet His Majesty? I hope..."

"I hope it didn't disturb His Majesty's mood."

Qin Yuan's eyes fell on her and he asked quietly: "Have we known each other before?"

Shen Ji smiled lightly: "I and Sister Ban are both from good families in Lingzhou, and we were neighbors in the past."

"I've always heard that there are many beauties in Lingzhou, and this is true." He raised his hand to signal Zhang Pu to take the imperial driver to stay away from him, instead of following him. He tilted his head and said, "Now that you are here, come with me for a walk. "

Ban Yuya was shy and timid, and looked at Shen Ji as if asking for help, but Shen Ji reassured her with his eyes and said warmly: "I suddenly remembered that there are still palace affairs to be handled in Miaoyunwu, so I'm afraid I can't accompany you." Your Majesty, let's enjoy the scenery together."

Qin Yuan hummed with a gentle voice: "In that case, you go back first, and I will visit you another day."

What happened today was to help Ban Yuya gain favor. If she stayed with His Majesty all the time, it would appear that she was not interested.

Another thing is that Ban Yuya has a timid temperament. It is always not good to rely on her for everything. She must be allowed to experience and learn how to survive in the palace.

Shuangming followed Shen Ji all the way back to Miaoyunwu, and whispered: "Everyone else is eager to take all the favors on themselves, but the little master has such a mind, but he wants to give up such a great opportunity to others, I don't know if the class selection attendant can grasp it."

Shen Ji put his finger to his lips and hissed softly: "A moment of favor is not worth it. I am here for the long term, especially in the future."

That night, His Majesty actually ordered Ban Yuya's name in the Jianzhang Palace. The next day, he granted the title of Royal Concubine and moved her to the Jade Lotus Hall of Roufu Palace, which shows that he still likes her.

In a few days, it will be time to go to the palace to escape the summer heat. Needless to say, the Queen Mother, Ban Yunu is His Majesty's new favorite, so she will naturally go with her. In addition, there are the Empress, Concubine Lin and Concubine Yi who have children. Among the new concubines They are Lu Cairen, Yu Changzai and Ban Yunu.

After more than a month, Yu Changzai was favored the most, followed by Ban Yunu, but the other concubines in the palace were favored, which was considered balanced.

Time gradually arrived in early August, and there were many thunderstorms in late summer, with several heavy rains falling in succession.

The queen's body was weak and the summer was hot, so ice was often provided in the palace, but she couldn't stand the wind and rain and fell ill.

In order to recuperate the Queen, His Majesty specially ordered the Royal Chariot to return to the palace early, so this year's summer vacation is over.

When the queen is sick, the concubines should take turns attending to her, but it coincides with heavy rain, so traveling is really inconvenient, especially because the person who attends the illness cannot sleep with her. Once the name ultimatum is taken off, there will be no chance of being favored. Many people looked embarrassed.

Concubine Lin even declined in public, saying she was worried that if she fell ill, she would be passed over to Princess Changle.

Shen Ji asked himself to serve the queen, sparing the other concubines the trouble of running around.

August 15th, in Fengyi Palace.

Shen Ji stood in front of the window and looked at the light rain outside. The sound of rain washing away the dust made her feel particularly calm. Behind her, the maid of Fengyi Palace, Yun Lan, came over with a bowl of pitch-black concoction and said warmly: "Jade Chang is here, it's time for the empress to drink the medicine."

With her thoughts coming back, she turned around and took the medicine from Yun Lan's hand, speaking in a very soft voice: "I know, please go down first."

It has been a long time since she came to Fengyi Palace to serve the queen. For convenience, she had room and board in the side hall of Fengyi Palace. She would wait in the main hall when she woke up. Perhaps it was because she was very careful in taking care of the queen. In the past, she Yun Lan, who had always been alienated, also became much gentler to herself.

Thanks to careful care these days, the queen has obviously improved. It is estimated that she will be fine in a few days.

Walking around a screen with an ink painting of mountain birds, Shen Ji walked lightly to the edge of the bed with the medicine in his hand, put the tray down gently, and then called out in a warm voice: "Your Majesty, it's time to drink the medicine."

The queen slowly opened her eyes and saw Shen Ji coming. She smiled tiredly and said, "You're here."

Shen Ji helped the queen to stand up, reached out and took out a soft pillow and put it under her waist, and said with a soft smile: "It will kill me to see my concubine now."

"I drink such bitter medicine every day. When I don't drink the medicine, my mouth feels bitter. Now, when I see you, my mouth feels bitter." The Queen smiled faintly, but her tone was affectionate. She leaned on the soft pillow and looked at her. Shen Ji said in a soft and gentle tone, "I have been sick for so many days, and you have been with me for so many days. You are so kind and graceful. I don't have to sacrifice myself like this. It's so painful for you."

Shen Ji lowered his eyebrows and said nothing. He took a bowl of concoction over and watched the queen drink it all. Then he handed her a piece of sweet osmanthus candy and then said: "It is my duty to serve Your Majesty. , it is also necessary to serve the Queen. There is no shortage of people around His Majesty, and there are more concubines than others. It is really not noticeable if there are more concubines or less. "

As she spoke, she put the medicine bowl back on the tray, and wiped the queen's mouth carefully: "But my lady, I will feel more at ease if I come in person."

A friend who offers help in times of need is always much deeper than the icing on the cake. Everyone regards the sick Fengyi Palace as a scourge. No one wants to come, does not want to suffer, and is even more afraid of ruining their own future.

But Shen Ji was well-loved and favored, yet he was willing to ask for help and keep himself trapped in Fengyi Palace. This feeling could not be compared with anything.

The queen looked at Shen Ji quietly and said softly: "You are a person who knows how to repay kindness, but when I helped you, I never asked for this."

"It's a repayment of kindness, and it's also because I like your empress." Shen Ji sat on a round stool nearby and peeled an apple for the queen, lowering his eyes and smiling softly, "You have helped me more than once, you are a very good person. I will always keep it in my heart."

"There are many beauties in this harem, but in my heart and mind, the queen is the most gorgeous."

The words were clearly meant to make people happy. The queen was stunned for a moment, then smiled tacitly. Her gentle eyebrows were curved, and her pale and weak complexion also became a little rosy. She looked much better than before.

These words are coaxing, but they are also sincere.

It's funny to say that in the sixteen years since Shen Ji grew up, she has never enjoyed a single day of tenderness. The few times she could count all came from the palace, which she thought was the most ruthless place in the past.

If there were other reasons why the Queen Mother and Her Majesty treated her well, the Queen Mother was really a very gentle and warm person.

Shen Ji has been cold since he was a child. He has never met such a good person. It is hard not to like such warmth.

What's more, a friend in need is a friend indeed, and the death of Qi Guiren is still vivid in her mind. Shen Ji is not an ungrateful person.

The queen gently patted the back of Shen Ji's hand, and her gentle voice was a little hoarse: "Is today the fifteenth day?"

Shen Ji nodded, put her hand back into the quilt, tied another piece of apple and handed it over: "Yes, today is the Mid-Autumn Festival, but because of the heavy rain for days and you being sick, His Majesty has ordered that this year's Mid-Autumn Festival be cancelled. We'll do it again during the Double Ninth Festival."

"That's it." The queen nodded, swallowed the apple slowly, and looked out the gray window blankly.

"Mid-Autumn Festival...what a wonderful day. It's a pity that I can no longer hold palace banquets."

The rain outside is still falling continuously, and it seems that every rainy day, people's mood is always particularly low.

Shen Ji didn't care, and asked: "Your Majesty seems to like the Mid-Autumn Festival very much, why?"

"The whole family is reunited-perfectly."

She smiled and asked, "Which family is the He family, and who is the Perfect family?"

"Since entering the palace, I and your family have been unable to see each other for a long time. It seems that there is no point in being able to reunite with your family and not being able to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival."

The queen opened her mouth, then closed it again, and closed her eyes tiredly: "That's what you said, it won't be perfect after all."

Sensing that the empress was in a bad mood, Shen Ji didn't want her to feel melancholy, so he asked softly: "In the past, when I was at home, I heard that when I admired the moon at night, there were always people praying to the moon."

"If there is a moon tonight, what wish would I make?"

What wish?

The queen looked at the rain outside the window and was lost in thought, with a bleak look on her face: "My wish is destined to not come true."

At this time, a palace maid with raindrops hanging on her body came in from the outside of the palace. She walked in lightly and approached Shen Jifu with a hurried expression.

"Little Master Yu, please go out and take a look. Ban Yunu is crying and waiting for you outside."

Chapter 28

The rain outside has not stopped, and Ban Yuya is not resting in the palace. Why would she run to Fengyi Palace crying to look for her?

Although she is timid and timid, she is quite measured in her actions. She would never bother her easily at such a time in the past.

A wave of worry arose in Shen Ji's heart. He took out a slightly wider oil-paper umbrella from the carved wooden basket at the entrance of the palace, opened the door to a gap and walked out lightly.

As soon as she arrived outside the palace, the sound of the rainstorm was particularly loud and heavy. She immediately closed the door of the palace and frowned slightly: "It's raining hard again. Now go and close the window in front of the queen's bed. Prepare some hot water, don't let your wife catch the wind again."

The maid of Fengyi Palace hurriedly took the order. Shen Ji walked around from the corridor to the side door of Fengyi Palace. The leaves of the tall sycamore tree were washed green and made a crackling sound.

She quickly pushed open the soaked vermilion side door. Ban Yuya was holding an umbrella outside and crying with red eyes. Her hair was messy, her body was muddy, and she was almost sixty-seven percent wet.

When she saw Shen Ji, Ban Yuya's tense mood suddenly became unbearable. It was raining heavily outside. She threw away her umbrella and threw herself into Shen Ji's arms. Her eyes and the tip of her nose were all red. She looked so pitiful, like The little flower dog that no one wants after being caught in the rain: "Sister Yu..."

Fortunately, there was no one on the palace road at this time. Shen Ji glanced around, patted her back with an umbrella in one hand, and said warmly: "Don't cry in a hurry, you come in with me."

You must know that Ban Yuya is His Majesty's new favorite now, and the holy will is strong. No matter what, she has to take care of her face. How could she be like this, soaked all over, and lose her manners as a concubine? If word gets out Some unpleasant rumors may cause dissatisfaction from the superiors, and may even cause him to fall out of favor.

Shen Ji took her into the side hall where he lived in Fengyi Palace, closed the door, took out a blanket, wiped her hair and body, and asked her, "Did anyone outside Fengyi Palace see her when she came?"

Ban Yuya was wrapped in a blanket and looked dazed. She was holding a cup of hot tea in her hand, with tears in her eyes, and her voice was soft and low: "No more... I came here through Lilin. It rained so hard that even the palace people were not outside, except Fengyi Palace." My wife and sister, no one should have seen my embarrassing appearance..."

Since no one saw it, it would avoid the possibility of being criticized. Shen Ji took out a clean palace dress of his own from the closet, brought it over and said warmly: "What kind of injustice did you suffer today? The palace maid next to you is nowhere to be seen." Follow you?"

The tip of Ban Yuya's nose suddenly became sore, tears fell down, and she said sadly: "I..."

She lowered her head deeply: "Sister, we were bullied in the past when we were from a humble background. I thought it was inevitable because I was humble and humble. But now that we are favored by His Majesty and are in the limelight, we still have to be bullied. Is it possible that we are like this? People with bad family backgrounds are destined to be humble, so are they inherently inferior to those with noble family backgrounds?"

"When I woke up early this morning, the rain was very light... Ning Lu asked me if I wanted to go to the Royal Garden to collect the morning dew. She said that it would be particularly refreshing to make tea. I thought it would be okay to go if I had nothing to do. It was raining outside anyway. , I didn't meet anyone, but I met An Cai and Liu Changzai not long after I arrived."

Shen Ji gently hugged Ban Yuya's shoulders and listened to her with lowered eyes.

"I didn't want to get close, but An Cai and Liu Changzai took the initiative to walk towards me," Ban Yuya shed tears, recalling what had just happened, she became more and more sad and angry, "I obviously saluted properly, but forcefully If you want to find fault, you have to say that I am disrespectful. If you say me, that's it, and say that I, like my sister, are both unworthy of the stage."

"I was really unwilling to give in, so I retorted in a low voice. As a result, Liu Changzai said to An Cairen that I was disrespecting An Cairen in my words, and I must be spoiling him. An Cairen sneered and insulted me fiercely. After a few words, he knocked off my umbrella and pushed me into the flowers of the imperial garden. He also ordered people to hold Ning Lu down and not allow her to go find anyone."

"After they were done, they were afraid that the matter would be exposed, so the palace guards grabbed Ning Lu and left the imperial garden, leaving me alone..."

Ban Yuya hugged Shen Ji and cried uncontrollably: "Sister Yu, I have never offended An Cai and Liu Changzai. Why do they humiliate me like this? We are also His Majesty's concubines now. Is it just because of my background?" If you are lowly, you are not worthy of respect in their eyes. Do you deserve to be looked down upon?"

Ancai people--

Shen Ji lowered his eyes and patted Ban Yuya gently to calm her down, and said warmly: "Yuya."

"There lives a hunter on our street. He always goes to the deep forest every now and then. There are jackals, tigers, leopards, foxes and rabbits. They are all born different. Do you know how they survive?"

Ban Yuya raised her head blankly, shaking her head with red eyes.

"The weak will eat the strong," Shen Ji said slowly. "Strong animals will kill weak animals for their own nutrition, not because they are rabbits or pheasants."

"It's the same in the palace."

"We are from a humble background, so we are weak in their eyes and can be manipulated at will." Shen Ji paused, "But Yuya, are you willing to be a rabbit that can only be hunted by the strong?"

Ban Yuya looked at Shen Ji steadily, and the water drops in her hair rolled to the ground. She shook her head and choked out: "I don't want to."

"The battles in the palace never stop, not today, but also tomorrow," Shen Ji's voice was gentle but firm, "Make yourself strong, adapt to this environment, and be a strong person, not a weak one."

The rain was pounding, but the side hall was quiet and quiet, with the faint fragrance of sandalwood. Shen Ji's gentle voice seemed to have a kind of magic power. Ban Yuya's mood gradually calmed down. She grabbed the corner of Shen Ji's clothes and said, Trembling: "But sister, I don't know how to become stronger, I don't know what to do."

Shen Ji smiled softly and wiped her wet hair: "Whoever bullies me and humiliates me, I will repay you a hundredfold; whoever respects me and respects me, I will repay you with a spring of water. It couldn't be simpler."

"People in this palace are complicated. Yuya, you are simple and timid by nature. You should be more careful in the future."

"As for An Cairen -" she said softly, "Sister Yu will vent your anger."

"You study hard."

-

Shuangying came in with hot water from outside the house, and together with Shen Ji, dried Ban Yuya's hair, put on new clothes, and put her hair into a bun again. Ban Yuya's mood finally calmed down.

She lowered her eyes and whispered with great shame: "Today I came here in such a mess and made such a big joke. Fortunately, I have Sister Yu, otherwise I really don't know what to do."

Shen Ji touched her still wet head and said softly: "Next time you encounter trouble, you must be calm. You must remember to leave yourself a way out and not bring disaster to yourself. Only by leaving a green mountain can you take revenge. Otherwise, It's not like enemies are happy and kissing is painful, isn't it?"

Ban Yuya nodded: "I will always remember what my sister taught me."

Shen Ji looked at her with pleasure and added another word: "You are now receiving the Holy Favor, and you will have to serve the emperor these days. But remember, don't mention to His Majesty that you were insulted by An Cairen."

"Now is not the time."

After struggling for a long time, it was already getting late outside. Shen Ji asked Shuangying to hold an umbrella in person to take Ban Yuya back to Roufu Palace, and then ask about the situation of Ning Lu, the personal palace maid, and report back to her.

After such a long time, I don't know what happened to the Queen. Shen Ji didn't waste time, straightened his palace dress and returned to the main hall. Yun Lan was waiting at the door.

"How is my queen?"

Yun Lan nodded gently: "My queen was asleep when you went out, and she just woke up now. If you don't worry, it's okay to go in and talk to her."

Shen Ji nodded and walked around the screen to the bedside.

The queen heard the footsteps, looked up at her, and asked softly: "It's been so long, but what happened?"

Shen Ji's tone was relaxed and natural, and he suppressed the matter that had just happened: "It's not a big deal, it's Ban Yunv who is here."

"It's raining so heavily, why would you come to Fengyi Palace if you have nothing to do?" the queen said gently, but her words revealed her thoughts, "Ban Yunu is a timid woman, and she will be nervous every time she comes to Fengyi Palace to pay her respects, isn't it? People who don't know etiquette."

"Letting her come to Fengyi Palace at this time is an important matter."

Looking at Shen Ji's eyebrows, the queen's tone was particularly soft: "Although I am ill, many matters have been left to Concubine Lin to handle, but the queen is the queen, and the power of the harem is ultimately in my hands."

"If there is any grievance, I will deal with it impartially."

Shen Ji was stunned for a moment, then shook his head with a light smile: "If there is any grievance, I will ask the empress to deal with it impartially. But today is just a trivial matter for me to make up my mind. Does the empress also want to hear it? , is the dew of hibiscus delicious, or is the dew of lotus even worse?"

She covered the queen with the quilt and said, "Your Majesty, you just need to relax and recuperate, you don't have to worry about anything else."

-

Roufu Palace is located in the northwest corner of the harem. Although it has a nice view and is surrounded by lakes and pavilions, it is actually a little remote from His Majesty's Jianzhang Palace. Fortunately, it is not far from the Imperial Medical Office, so it is convenient to grab some anti-cold medicine.

Shuangying sent the imperial maid back to the Jade Lotus Hall. Her personal maid Ning Lu had also returned to the palace and was standing anxiously under the eaves.

Seeing Shuangying escorting Ban Yunv back, she was relieved and hurriedly came up to him crying: "My lord, you are finally back! I thought you had an accident and asked Concubine Zhuang to go find you. Are you okay?" That's great."

Ban Yunu remembered very clearly that Ning Lu was taken away by people under An Cai, and she didn't know when she came back. Even her clothes had been changed. Looking at her appearance and posture, she didn't even need to leave Fengyi. The palace has been cleaned poorly.

She pursed her lips and glanced at Ning Lu, then shook her head: "There is no need for Concubine Zhuang to worry. I will personally go to the main hall to pay my respects later."

After saying that, Ban Yunu asked softly: "When did you return to Jade Lotus Hall? Why didn't you send someone out to look for me first, instead of looking for Concubine Zhuang first?"

Ning Lu was stunned. She never thought that her mistress would ask this question. She was stunned for a while and then said: "This slave was captured by the maids under An Cai and Liu Changzai at the other end of Qianli Pond. Don't let me go." I went to look for you, but when I returned to the Royal Garden, you were gone."

"It was raining heavily outside, and I didn't know where you were, so I wanted to go back to the palace first..." She looked aggrieved and lowered herself down to whisper, "But I didn't see you when I returned to the palace. , then I thought of changing my clothes first, and then asked Concubine Zhuang to send people to look for you. There are few people in Yuhe Hall, I am just afraid that something will happen to you, so I did something inappropriate, please punish me."

Ban Yuya was silent for a while, then lowered her voice: "I don't mean to blame you, get up."

Shuangying looked at her calmly, and then said with a smile: "Since the young master has returned to the palace safely, I will go back to my life. Please be careful and don't get cold."

Ban Yuya's face softened a little, and she said warmly: "I'm sorry to trouble you, but please go back and talk to your sister, and ask her to take care of yourself and don't hurt yourself by serving the Queen."

"That's natural." After Shuangying saluted, he left the Jade Lotus Hall. Ning Lu followed him and whispered: "Yuchang is so nice to the young master. It rains so heavily, and the palace maid in charge of Miaoyunwu has to personally Send you back."

Ban Yuya stood in front of the door and stared in the direction Shuangying left, as if recalling something. After a while, she looked away: "Sister Yu treats me very well."

Chapter 29

The Mid-Autumn Festival is a major festival celebrated by the whole country, and it is one of the only two formal palace banquets held every year in the palace.

During the Mid-Autumn Festival in previous years, in addition to the princes, nobles and concubines who would gather with His Majesty, the Queen Mother and the Queen to celebrate together in the Liangyi Palace, the maids and eunuchs in the palace would also divide the first half of the month on this day. As a reward, everyone has a share of the fragrant five-nut mooncakes.

It seems that Chang'an has never experienced such continuous heavy rain at this time. It seems that even the huge palace has become deserted in such cold rain, and no one is seen.

There is no full moon in the Mid-Autumn Festival at night, the sky is dark with dark clouds, and there are lightning and thunder.

After dinner, Shen Ji put a new Tangbaozi into the Queen's bed and said warmly: "It's not time to go to bed at night yet. Please lie down and rest for a while."

In fact, the first and fifteenth day of every month is supposed to be the day when Your Majesty comes to accompany the Queen, but with such heavy rain and the Queen being ill, it is already this time, so His Majesty will not come.

Shen Ji didn't mention His Majesty's affairs at all, for fear that the Empress would be sad again when she thought about it. The Empress is the Empress after all, and is His Majesty's wife. Even if there are all kinds of excuses and reasons, her husband can't come to see her, and she will still feel uncomfortable in her heart. .

She was about to blow out a lamp, but the Queen spoke softly: "There is no need to blow it out. I am worried that the room will be too dark when Your Majesty comes. If it is touched, it will be my fault."

It's already this time, will His Majesty still come?

Shen Ji looked back at the empress in surprise, hesitating as to what to say.

Perhaps seeing what was on her mind, the Queen leaned up, and although she was smiling, her voice was calm and calm: "Although the relationship between me and Your Majesty cannot be called a deep relationship between husband and wife, it can be considered respectful and decent."

"Your Majesty respects me very much."

As soon as he finished speaking, he heard the sound of the palace guards singing salutes through the rain.

The thick curtain was opened, and the sound of rain became louder, and with the falling movement, it was isolated from the outside of the temple. The faint smell of bitter medicine and melon and fruit lingered in the temple, which made people peaceful.

Qin Yuan stepped in wearing regular clothes, his eyebrows were calm, and he stood behind the door of Fengyi Palace's dormitory, while the palace servants cleaned the rainwater from his body.

There seemed to be more than one person moving behind the screen. After all the people in the palace beside him retreated to the door and waited, he walked around the screen and walked to the queen.

Yu Changzai was standing beside the bed, greeting him with a low eyebrow.

He glanced at her and said something gentle, then sat down in front of the queen's bed and said, "I just had an urgent meeting with some ministers in Jianzhang Hall, so it's a little late now."

"It's raining heavily in Chang'an. Is the queen feeling better these days?"

"Your Majesty's state affairs are important, and I am fine with you." In fact, Your Majesty did not need to explain so much to her. The Queen shook her head and said softly: "Yu Chang is by my side every day and takes good care of me. She is getting better now." few."

"I hope I'll be fine in a few days."

Qin Yuan: "Yu is always attentive, and I can rest assured that she will take care of you."

The queen lowered her eyes and smiled softly: "Yu Changzai is a pleasant person, gentle and courteous, and can advance and retreat appropriately. No wonder the queen mother and your majesty like it. After getting to know each other in the past few days, I also like her very much. It's just that my illness is not a big deal. The Queen Mother lacks an intimate person beside her, and even Her Majesty cannot-"

Before she could finish her sentence, the queen covered her lips and coughed, her face flushed a little: "I am ill and cannot serve your majesty. Please forgive me."

"What did the queen say?" Qin Yuan raised his hand and patted the queen's back to calm her down, and said in a deep voice, "If you are in trouble, I will still blame you."

The emperor and empress in front of them were harmonious, spoke softly, and seemed to be the perfect match. Shen Ji took a deep look, not wanting his presence to mislead the empress, and stepped back lightly.

When the queen noticed Shen Ji leaving, she said in a gentle voice with downcast eyes: "Your Majesty is considerate of my concubine, but I can't help but be considerate of your Majesty."

"My concubine is ill and it is not appropriate to sleep with her. Why don't you cherish the person in front of you?"

Qin Yuan was silent for a moment, and did not answer the queen directly. Instead, he patted her hand gently and said warmly: "The sooner the queen recovers, the sooner my mother and I can feel at ease."

"Concubine Lin has an impatient temper and will never be able to hold a big position."

-

After leaving the dormitory, Qin Yuan saw at a glance that Shen Ji was standing alone on the corridor of the side hall, watching the falling rain.

The dark sky seemed to have become gray even after the heavy rain fell. She turned her back to herself and turned her face only a little. Her expression was focused and quiet, and she didn't know what she was thinking.

In front of her was the night in the rain, and behind her was the dim candlelight. She stood at the junction of light and dark, with a slim waist and jade neck, and a moonlike appearance in a gorgeous dress. She looked up at the moon hidden in the rain, like a cold fairy.

I have never seen her like this.

In my impression, Yu Changzai always looks submissive and charming.

She is weak, charming, pitiful, seems to be untouchable, but has infinite charm, and her soft voice is as cold as water, which always makes people fascinated.

With so many concubines in the harem, she is the most desirable.

But beauty is beautiful, and even after looking at it for a long time, it feels ordinary.

After entering the palace for half a year, no matter how fresh the feeling is, it will fade away with time. During this period of time, gradually, in fact, he no longer loves her as much as he did at the beginning.

It's just that compared to others, she is still the most outstanding, knows how to understand his thoughts best, and sleeps most contentedly beside her.

But after not seeing her for more than half a month, today's scene seemed to take him back to the night when he first met Shen Ji. The beauty's soft waist and delicate face made his throat tighten.

A warm big hand suddenly climbed up Kung Fu's waist, and Shen Ji suddenly came back to his senses.

No one but His Majesty could act so arrogantly to her in the palace. She was about to plead guilty, but her waist was tightly held and she could not move.

"His Majesty......"

Qin Yuan had no intention of letting her go. He held her waist with his big hands and gently rubbed it with his thick fingertips: "Are you still used to living in Fengyi Palace?"

"It's not easy to take care of the queen these days, I will reward you well."

The two of them were in such an intimate posture that Shen Ji knew that he could not break away, so he lowered his eyebrows and said softly: "Fengyi Palace is so spacious and gorgeous, I am very used to living there, and the empress treats me very well."

"As a concubine in the harem, serving the queen is a matter of course. I dare not take credit, let alone ask for it."

Warm fingertips lingered on her cheek, Shen Ji's long eyelashes drooped slightly, and someone raised his chin, "Why don't you look at me?"

"The Queen is ill and cannot stay with her. I will rest in Fengyi Palace tonight."

The words were vague, but the implications were self-evident.

Shen Ji's eyes widened, and his tone was gentle, but his expression was a bit distant: "The Queen is ill, so I should serve the Queen and make her feel comfortable."

She looked into His Majesty's eyes: "If Your Majesty is really serious about it, why don't I wait until your Majesty recovers from illness, and then I can tell you about Lingzhou's customs and folk dialects, okay?"

The rain is pattering and the night is moving.

Qin Yuan lowered his eyes and stared at Shen Ji, raised his hand, tapped her forehead with desire and restraint, and loosened his hand around her waist: "Since you have your heart, I will obey you."

Not long after, His Majesty's chariot left from the main entrance of Fengyi Palace.

Shuangying saw His Majesty leaving, took out a cloak and came over: "Why did the young master let His Majesty leave, but because of the Queen?"

As she fastened her cloak, she whispered: "Actually, my little master does not have to be so burdened. There were many masters in our ancestors who could not serve the maids in their own palaces to serve His Majesty. There were also people in other palaces who lived in the same palace but were served by others. When it's time to go to bed, the Queen is ill, and since you live in Fengyi Palace, it's natural for you to attend her bed."

Shen Ji remained silent, and finally said: "I haven't been sleeping in Fengyi Palace for more than half a month. I have been taking care of the Queen in Fengyi Palace. I have a good reputation. But if I stay in Fengyi Palace today, this good reputation will become Rumors spread to the ears of everyone in the harem."

"Everyone knows that I live in Fengyi Palace but took the place of the Queen's favor on the Mid-Autumn Festival. What will they think in their hearts and discuss in private? What will happen if these unpleasant words reach the Queen's ears? ?"

"I rejected His Majesty's favor this time because I didn't want to expose myself and my empress to criticism, and I didn't want my empress to fall ill tonight."

She turned around and said: "A long separation is better than a new love, the one that is not easy to get is the best."

When she was young, she had seen her mother laughing and scolding the men around her so many times, refusing to welcome them. She knew very well that many men were despicable things and did not cherish the treasures that were easily available.

Only when you like something but can't get it will you miss it. If you miss it more, you will want it more. With such push and pull, you will be particularly satisfied when you get it.

She couldn't ask His Majesty to come and go as soon as he called for it, but she could still do it with a little trick. If it weren't for this, like the group of women in the harem, he had enjoyed himself so easily today, then he would have no fun at all, and naturally he wouldn't think about it.

It has been half a year since I entered the palace. If I want to keep my favor, I still have to think of some tricks.

Five days later, the weather finally cleared up in Chang'an. While the Queen was sleeping, Shen Ji returned to Miaoyunwu.

Before she left, she told Zhou Yue and Junxue to take care of the palace affairs. Now that she came back, she seemed to be more elegant and tidy than before she left.

When Yun Xue saw her little master coming back, she happily stepped forward to greet him and followed him into the house. Shen Ji looked around and saw that the room was spotless. There were a few half-open golden chrysanthemums stuck in the gooseneck bottle on the table, which was full of charm.

She complimented Junxue, tilted her head and asked, "Last time I asked you to inquire about An Cairen, what did you find out?"

Yunxue nodded happily and whispered in her ear: "An Cai Ren's same palace lived with a Chang Guiren who had been in the palace for three years. He had been unfavored for a long time. Originally, he and An Cai Ren were at peace with each other, but An Cai Ren never Since June, I have received two or three favors one after another, and with the support of Concubine Lin behind me, my appetite has gradually grown. No matter in terms of portions or expenses, I often deducted from Chang Guiren, especially since the Queen's health has not yet recovered. In the past few days, it has become even worse."

"Chang Guiren is not favored, and the Queen is recuperating behind closed doors. It is Concubine Lin who has the final say in the palace, so Chang Guiren has no choice but to endure it if she is dissatisfied."

Shen Ji narrowed his eyes and thought for a long time: "Chang Guiren--"

In the past, when she went to Fengyi Palace to adjust her time in the morning and dusk, she also remembered that Chang Guiren was a person with a very cheerful personality. If it weren't for her lack of favor and the Queen's illness, I am afraid that her temperament would not tolerate An. A villain like this has a successful person riding on his head.

In this case, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and it's time to meet this noble man.

Chapter 30

After the heavy rain stopped, the weather became hot again in late August.

Fortunately, the summer heat has passed, and although the heat is still unbearable, it is not too painful. After the sun went down, some of the concubines in the harem gradually came out to relax and enjoy the cool air, and people appeared one after another in several places with pleasant scenery.

After the weather cleared up, the queen's health improved much faster than before. She no longer had to relapse, and she was in much better spirits on weekdays. There were fewer affairs in Fengyi Palace, and Shen Ji had time to spare. Before the sun set, When I was there, I went to Qianli Pond for a walk.

The full name of Qianli Pond is Qianli Pond. It is the largest pond in the palace besides Taiye Pond and Yueying Lake. Several half-arm-long koi from the mountain behind Kek Lok Temple are attracted into the pond water, and it is also filled with lotus flowers. Ye, whenever someone feeds the fish, the koi carps gather in a ring, like Buddha lotus in full bloom, which is very gratifying.

Shuangying quietly came over from the imperial garden side and followed Shen Ji, saying softly: "My young master, Chang Guiren has already gone out."

Shen Ji gave a faint hum and raised his hand to tell the maid in Fengyi Palace behind him to go back: "My master, it's a matter of time. You two go back to Fengyi Palace to serve, so there is no need to follow."

After the people left, Shuangying continued: "Your Majesty went back to Ancai's house two days ago. Today, when Chang Guiren came out, his expression was indeed not good."

Four palaces surround Qianli Pond, namely Yihua Palace, Bixiao Palace, Zhaochun Palace and Tangli Palace. Qianli Pond connects the Jiuqu Corridor to Yuye Bridge, covering a large area and with pleasant scenery. , is the favorite place for concubines to cool off in summer.

Ancai and Changgui lived together in Zhaochun Palace, east of Qianli Pond.

Shen Ji asked the little eunuch who was cleaning the Qianli Pond to bring a box of fish food, and he leaned in the pavilion beside the pond and threw bait into it. The koi fish made a splashing sound as they grabbed the food. On the left hand side, there was a shady gravel road with few people. Footsteps came from far and near.

"My lord, you should calm down. An Cairen has somehow managed to gain His Majesty's favor in the past two days, so his arrogance will inevitably be high. When the Queen recovers from her illness, you can go back and complain, and I will definitely give you justice."

The woman in green who was leading the walk kicked the pebbles on the roadside angrily. The pebbles drew an arc and fell into the pool with a thud: "What can I say even if the Queen wakes up? Do you want me to say An's name?" Steal my food, steal my money, or call me a mere beauty who is not liked by His Majesty?"

"Even if the Queen is in charge, I still find it embarrassing." The more Chang Guiren thought about it, the angrier he became. Seeing that there was no one on either side, he kicked out a stone again, "In the two years since I have been in the palace, this is the first time I have been so restrained. Wrong!

As a concubine, every word and deed of Chang Guiren's behavior was noticed by others. When Chang Guiren's personal maid Jinzhu saw Chang Guiren's temper, she hurriedly pulled her to persuade her: "Okay, okay, my mistress, you are still the best." Don't kick me anymore. If someone finds out, wouldn't it be true for An Cairen's words?"

Chang Guiren snorted nonchalantly: "No one is here to see me. I'm so angry that I can't even kick a pebble?"

Shen Ji and Shuang Ying looked at each other, and Shuang Ying coughed twice.

There was a sudden sound, and Chang Guiren was startled, as if he had seen a ghost. She quickly took a step back and looked at Shen Ji warily, her whole body stiff.

Shen Ji chuckled lightly and stepped forward to salute her: "I would like to pay my respects to Mr. Chang Gui."

The pavilion we just stayed in was built in the water, supported by pillars, and was slightly higher than the ground. In addition, there are big trees next to it, so if you don't raise your head deliberately, it is not easy to notice that there is someone inside.

Chang Guiren didn't expect that every move she made just now would be seen by others. Yu Changzai was still a member of the Holy Family and was liked by the Queen Mother. She and her beloved concubine had never had anything to say, and she didn't know what kind of person Yu Changzai was. , was in a dilemma for a moment, not knowing what to say to smooth things over, just standing there blankly, the atmosphere was very anxious for a time.

Jin Zhu gently reminded: "Little Master, Yu Chang is here to pay his respects to you."

Chang Guiren finally came back to his senses and turned his head unnaturally: "Yu Chang is exempting himself from the ceremony."

In the six months since she entered the palace, all Shen Ji's contact with Chang Guiren has been limited to face-to-face meetings at dawn and dusk, so she actually doesn't know Chang Guiren very well. She only thinks that she has clean and neat features and is not sloppy in her speech. people.

But Chang Guiren has been unfavored for a long time, doesn't talk much, and no one would cause trouble for her, so she is often inconspicuous in the crowd, and Shen Ji has no room to talk to her.

But looking at it today, it seemed that Chang Guiren was more interesting than she thought.

Junxue inquired and found out that Chang Guiren was from a military general's family. Although his family background was quite satisfactory for an official, his appearance was actually outstanding among the concubines from last year.

Unlike most concubines who are graceful and charming, she looks more heroic and cool, and is very recognizable among beauties.

It is strange that such a woman could fall out of favor and be ignored for two years.

But Shen Ji has always been a very sharp and measured person, so he naturally did not mention her rude behavior just now. Instead, he asked softly: "I just heard that Sister Chang mentioned An's family, but recently she has been a little favored." Are you from Ancai?"

Hearing An Cai's name, Chang Guiren became vigilant again.

There were constant struggles in the palace, and Chang Guiren had always avoided them whenever he could, unwilling to get involved in the struggles of his beloved concubines.

One is because of the trouble, and the other is because she thinks she doesn't have the energy and brains, and she doesn't want to say the wrong thing and be used as a weapon.

I don't know how difficult it was during the time when I was granted the title of nobleman. It would be better to just hang around in the palace.

Therefore, when Shen Ji mentioned the An family, she did not immediately speak to him. Instead, she said, "I remember that Yu Changzai and An Cairen didn't seem to have any disagreements. Why do I ask about it now?"

Shen Ji glanced at her and didn't shy away from it: "It rained heavily a few days ago, and An Cai Ren insulted Ban Yunv. I think Chang Guiren also knows that I and Ban Yunv have always been good friends, so when I heard An Cai Ren's name, Then I asked my sister directly."

When Chang Guiren heard that Ban Yunu was actually angry with An, his vigilance disappeared without a trace, and he immediately answered: "Then An is just relying on Concubine Lin to support her. Recently, she has suffered another After being favored several times, I remember that when she first entered the palace, she didn't just come to say hello, and she didn't have any arrogance at all!"

"When I was among the people, I often heard people say that a dog relies on the power of a human." Shen Ji licked his lips and chuckled, "The people in Ancai have different approaches but similar results."

Chang Guiren expressed his deep agreement and curled his lips with disgust: "Isn't it true that he is a dog? He likes to snatch food from other people's mouths."

Shen Ji gave her an unclear look: "Actually, sister, why do you need to be angry with An Cai? Since she likes to rob people and things, let her rob them."

"It's just that if you eat something inappropriate and lose your manners in front of His Majesty, that's none of my sister's business."

She pinched the handkerchief to cover her lips, and the hint in her eyes was self-evident: "What do you think, sister?"

Chang Guiren looked at Shen Ji blankly, and after a while he woke up as if from a dream, and smiled happily: "This method is really good, no wonder the Queen Mother, Your Majesty and the Queen all like you."

"Sister, it's rare for us to get along. We just happened to meet and chat here." Shen Ji saluted Chang Guiren, "It's getting late, and I have to go back to serve the Queen."

-

A few days later, the queen's illness finally recovered, and Shen Ji moved back to Miaoyunwu from Fengyi Palace.

At noon, after the imperial doctor came to ask for Shen Ji's Ping'an pulse, Shuangming went back to report to the empress and hang up Shen Ji's name certificate again.

In the evening, the sun turned into a bright orange-red, and the afterglow shrouded the palace in a soft golden-orange light. The hourglass continued, and on the hazy sky of the thin night, the pink-red sunset gradually disappeared into the night.

The little eunuch from the Palace Bureau held a famous ultimatum and asked His Majesty to go to bed. Qin Yuan didn't pay attention and casually said "An Cai Ren", and then the little eunuch in front of the emperor went to Zhaochun Palace to announce the decree.

Zhang Pu originally wanted to remind His Majesty that Yu Changzai's name certificate had been hung up again, but then he thought about it, the Holy Will was capricious, and it was impossible for him to guess His Majesty's thoughts, so he swallowed the words back in his stomach.

Qin Yuan put the memorial down and said quietly: "I went to Zhaochun Palace to have dinner today, so I asked the Shangshi Bureau not to send it."

"yes."

Inside Zhaochun Palace.

When Ancai saw off the people who came to deliver the message, and learned that His Majesty was coming to have dinner with her, she couldn't hide the joy on her face.

She raised her lips and glanced at Chang Guiren's palace, fixed the tassel on the hairpin, and said happily: "Your Majesty really does feel sorry for me. It's not like some people who have a good appearance but are like a piece of wood. No wonder he is not favored by His Majesty."

"But yes, there are many beautiful people in this world, and not everyone can be liked by His Majesty."

An Cairen stood in front of the Zhaochun Palace, showing off her new rouge-colored palace dress. She waved her fan happily and asked, "His Majesty is coming today. I think there will be more food at the Shangshi Bureau. Go there." How long have you been going to the Shangshi Bureau to pick up meals?"

"My little master, don't be impatient. Your Majesty is coming tonight, so it must be the best thing."

Ancai smiled proudly and sighed softly: "It's just a pity that His Majesty is coming. Some people will ascend to heaven, and some good food will be taken with them."

When he said this, the palace servants who went to the Shangshi Bureau to get food came back. By coincidence, Chang Gui and An Cairen's palace servants came back together.

Chang Guiren's personal maid, Jin Zhu, carefully raised her eyes to look at An Cai Ren standing at the door, and Fu Shen said, "An Cai Ren."

An Cairen looked at Jin Zhu slowly, then suddenly thought of something, beckoned and said, "Come, let me see what you have taken."

Jinzhu was reluctant and refused to step forward, but An Cairen glared at her, and she had no choice but to step forward and open the food box.

The noble's portion is supposed to be four meats, four vegetables, two soups and two snacks, but often the nobles live without favor for a long time, so they usually withhold half of it and don't give so much. It's such a good thing. Your Majesty is coming today, and the Food Bureau is afraid of something unexpected happening, so give it to the noble. She got a full portion of the food, and everything was delicious, tasty, and tasty.

An Cairen said: "Shangshi Bureau is always good at running errands. Now a Changgui man is really lucky."

Jinzhu took a step back timidly.

Seeing Jinzhu acting like this, as if she were some kind of wolf, tiger, and leopard, and being so unwelcome, An Cairen became unhappy.

He raised his chin and directed the maid beside him: "Go and get two meat dishes that you have seen before from the food box. How can Chang Guiren eat so much food by himself? Wouldn't it be a waste? It just so happens that His Majesty is also using it tonight. It is also a blessing for your master to be able to give His Majesty a few bites of dinner."

Jin Zhu held on to the food box tightly and refused to throw it away: "An Cairen..."

"What are you doing standing there, why don't you go get it?!"

The food box in Jin Zhu's hand was snatched away, and the several meat dishes on top were forcibly taken away, leaving only one inconspicuous dish for Chang Guiren.

Jin Zhu had tears in her eyes and did not dare to resist. She could only hurried back to the West Side Hall with the palace attendants behind her.

In the east side hall of Zhaochun Palace, a table full of dazzling meals was laid out.

An Cairen looked at the table with satisfaction and smiled. He happened to hear a eunuch singing a ceremony outside, saying that His Majesty was here.

She hurriedly welcomed him out and saluted, and said in a very gentle voice: "I give you your regards, Your Majesty."

Qin Yuan casually turned his jade ring finger, stepped into the room, and said quietly: "Get up, there is no need to be polite."

An Cairen followed His Majesty into the back room and smiled sweetly: "I know that Your Majesty is coming today, and the Shangshi Bureau has sent a lot of good food, and I will also take advantage of it."

Qin Yuan said nothing, casually glanced at the dazzling array of dishes on the table, and immediately saw a crystal elbow in it.

Zhang Pu also saw it immediately. He was about to speak, but Qin Yuan frowned slightly and waved his hand, indicating not to bother, so he didn't say anything.

His Majesty's dietary taboos are not easily revealed to people in the palace, but most of the people in the Food Bureau and the concubines who have dined with His Majesty several times know that His Majesty does not like pork.

He came to Zhaochun Palace for dinner on a whim, and it is unknown whether someone from the Shang Food Bureau was negligent. His Majesty did not want to care about it, and there was no need for Zhang Pu to remind An Cairen.

An Cairen dined with His Majesty for the first time, his eyes and brows were filled with joy, and he kept smiling and chatting in order to win His Majesty's favor.

Although Qin Yuan never blamed the people below because of the crystal elbow on the table, he was disgusted after all, and his originally okay mood was six to seven points lighter. An Cairen talked too much, which made him upset and heavy. The voice said: "The ancients said that they will not speak when they eat and sleep. You have been making noises. Do I want to talk to you, or should I have a good meal?"

An Cairen was startled and did not dare to say anything more. He started to eat quietly and aggrievedly.

But no matter what, she was very happy that His Majesty came to dine with her today, and she was even more happy when she thought that she had deducted meat dishes from Chang Guiren today.

She stretched out her chopsticks to pick up the crystal elbow, and took a small taste. It was soft and tasty, and she couldn't help but use a few more chopsticks.

Unexpectedly, not long after I started using it, I suddenly felt uncomfortable in my stomach, and it was moving violently inside, as if there was a ball of air in my abdomen that was eager to escape.

His Majesty is still here, how can she--

An Cairen's face turned red, and he held back tightly, not daring to move, for fear that one movement would make him unable to bear it any longer.

But the more she pretended to be nonchalant, the more uncomfortable she felt in her stomach. Her mind was filled with the confrontation with her stomach, and she didn't even hear His Majesty's words.

Zhang Pu next to him reminded him: "An Cairen."

She was startled and raised her head suddenly, but the energy she had been holding back could not be restrained from releasing for a moment. With an indescribable sound, the stench spread throughout the room.

Qin Yuan's mood suddenly deteriorated to the extreme, and his face turned dark. After getting up, he didn't want to say another word and walked away.

"His Majesty!"

The palace servants in the room frowned because of the smoke, but they secretly wanted to watch An Cai Ren's show. They only thought that the news of An Cai Ren making a fool of himself in front of His Majesty would soon spread throughout the palace. It would be really embarrassing. .

Seeing that His Majesty was about to leave, An Cairen hurriedly tried to save himself, but as soon as he moved, he let out a burst of anger.

She was ashamed and angry to lose such a big person in front of His Majesty. Her face was red to the root of her neck, and she was dying of shame and anger.

Outside Zhaochun Palace, Qin Yuan frowned and let out a deep breath, his dark eyes as dark as night.

Zhang Pu did not dare to make any rash comments. He looked at His Majesty on the imperial chariot and said after careful consideration, "Should Your Majesty go to the concubine nearby, or should you go back to Jianzhang Hall?"

"Is Yu Chang here, can you go back to the palace?"

Zhang Pu bowed and said, "In reply to Your Majesty, Yu Chang Zai's name certificate has been hung up at noon today."

"Go to Miaoyunwu."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 95.7K 28
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
141K 7.7K 40
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 Aarohi and Siddharth's tale began unexpectedly at her brother's wedding. Their connection spa...
1.5M 112K 42
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
745K 39.4K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐢 𝐱 𝐊𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ...