Sea of Stars 별바다

By NamNamm03

Luna Oakley just moved to South Korea with her boyfriend of two years. On the first few days of being there... More

Background
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Intermission
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 26

411 15 4
By NamNamm03

Bada and I made it home really late yesterday. We just ordered in pizza and went to sleep early since today is gonna be a jam-packed day. Today, I was gonna go over to my apartment and get my things out. Me and Bada were already in the car on our way there.

"Don't be nervous love. You said this is the time he's at work. And if he is there, he can't do anything to you anymore, especially not with me around," Bada said grabbing my thing lightly for reassurance as she drove. I was kinda scared to see him again. Granted, it hasn't been that long since I've last seen him, but it still hurts to be in his presence. When we pulled into the parking lot of the apartment, I made sure to look around the parking lot for his car. Thank goodness it wasn't anywhere around. 

Me and Bada walked hand in hand to the elevator, my nerves still on one hundred. She kept lightly squeezing my hand to let me know everything was gonna be alright. I'm so glad I don't have to do this on my own and Bada is here with me. I just know it would've taken me forever to want to get my things out of here if it wasn't for her. Heck, I'd probably just leave all my things here and start anew. 

As we make it to the front door, I take a long breath in before punching in the numbers on the keypad. When we walked in, it looked like a junkyard. All of his clothes and junk were everywhere in the living room, and it looked like the garbage hadn't been taken out in days. I skipped over some trash as I made my way to the main bedroom. I stopped at the door as the night I left came flooding back into my mind. So much could've gone wrong that night, or much more wrong than it already was. Bada could sense my hesitation as she approached me.

"Hey, I can get all your things out and you can wait out there if you want," she said to me. It made me happy to know she was with me right now. 

"No, it's okay. It won't take too long to get everything, plus I know where everything is. Let's just get this over with love," I said giving her a weak smile. 

We decided to start with the closet and bring out my luggage and the rest of my clothes. As she finished up in there, I headed to the bathroom to get all my toiletries and other things I had. I bent down to look under the cabinet, and I found a hoodie I wore when I went to the hospital one of the times Haneul hurt me. There was still so much of my blood on it. 

As I hold the hoodie in my hands, my mind can't help but go back to that night. He had hurt me really bad to the point I had to take myself to the hospital. It was the same time Bada and I got into our fight because I was trying to distance myself from her. 

As I skim through that night in my mind, I remember the stab mark he gave me. I glance in the mirror and then lift the side of my shirt up to see if the wound has healed any, but sadly it is still there. I didn't see Bada standing by the half-closed door so I hurried and wiped my tears away and pulled down my shirt. 

"Sorry, I was getting emotional again," I said giving her a weak smile trying to play it off. Bada comes over to me and wraps me in a comforting hug. 

"You don't have to be sorry my love. I can't begin to imagine what you went through while you were here, but I know it won't be easy to get over it. You don't have to hold in your emotions around me love. I'm here for you now," she said drawing soothing circles along my back. 

"This hoodie was from the time I went to the hospital and wanted you to leave. I should've just told you what was going on then and maybe it wouldn't have gotten this bad," I said. I could feel Bada shaking her head on top of mine. 

"Don't think like that love. We can't change the past but we can make the best out of our future. You did what you thought was best for both of us at that time and I can never be mad at you about your decision. You were scared and anyone in your position would have thought to do the same thing. I understand you so much more now, love. You're such a loving person, ready to put everyone before yourself. I can't help but admire that about you. It's one of the reasons I love you so much because, despite everything, you still have the kindest soul. You don't give yourself enough credit baby," Bada said to me. Hearing her say such heartfelt words made the waterworks start. I was now on the verge of bawling my eyes out as tears seeped down my cheeks and my chest rose and fell with such roughness. 

Bada pulled back from the hug and wiped my tears away. She stared into my eyes for a moment then smiled at me sweetly. I couldn't help but kiss her right now. I felt so much love and compassion for her. Bada picked me up gently by my thighs and placed me on the countertop with my back against the mirror. The kiss started off gently but soon turned into a need, a want.

"I love you so much baby," Bada said as she moved from my lips to my neck. I wrapped my legs around her waist as she devoured my neck and hit the right spot. A soft moan left my lips and I could feel her grinning.  

"I love you too Bada, so much," I let out between ragged breaths. She moved back up to my lips but before we could continue, we heard the front door open. I pulled away so quickly and just stared into Bada's eyes with so much fear. 

I don't know why, but the thought of him being here right now made my heart drop and my stomach sink. It felt like I was in fight or flight mode and Bada could tell. 

"Look at me love, it's gonna be okay. Just stay behind me, hmm?" Bada said smiling while stroking my cheek trying her best to keep me from going ballistic right now. 

Hanuel walks into the bedroom looking confused at all the clothes and suitcases everywhere. He then looks into the bathroom and spots us. I was still on the counter and Bada had her back facing me protectively. 

"What are you doing here? Came back for another round?" Haneul said which made Bada chuckle. And it wasn't an "oh get a load of this guy" funny, it was her "if he doesn't stop talking right now, I'm gonna put a bullet between his eyes" funny. Yup, her inner psycho was showing, and I needed to get us out of here before something bad happens. Bada turned back to me and looked me in the eyes as she ignored Hanuel's question. 

"You finished packing in here?" she asked me sweetly to which I slowly nodded. I don't usually see her like this but I know it's her way of trying to be civil and not scare me, otherwise, she would've been had jumped Haneul. She smiles as she grabs my hand to help me off of the countertop and she grabs the bag I had used to get my toiletries. 

"I'm talking to you," Haneul said but Bada kept silent and gave all her attention to me. She pulled me behind her away from Haneul as she finished zipping up my suitcases and putting some of my clothes into the other one. I could tell Haneul was getting annoyed and angry, I've seen that look all too many times. I bend down to Bada's ear to tell her something. 

"Let's just get these and go. We can come back another time for everything else," I said and she simply nodded and finished zipping the last suitcase. She picked them up and held them in her left hand and my hand in her right as she directed me out of the room, making sure I was out of Haneul's reach. 

"So you don't hear me talking to you?" Haneul said grabbing Bada's arm. 

"Don't you dare touch her," I screamed loud enough so he'd hear my frustration. But all he did was laugh. 

"Oh, I see. So I was right this entire time, huh?" he said. 

"Excuse me?" Bada said. He was testing her temper and I did not want her to lose it. He's not worth it. 

"So the two of you must've been screwing behind my back this entire time right? I knew you were a slut, Luna. You can fuck everybody but your own boyfriend," he said. I was shocked at what he had just said. Even after all of this, he's still so bitter and horrible. Always trying to find a way out of holding himself accountable for being such a lousy excuse for a human being. 

"I knew you two had been fucking since day one," he said to which Bada scoffed.

"Say something again and why don't you see if I won't smash your head in with these suitcases," Bada said going up closer to him. Yup, now was the time to abort this entire mission. I grabbed Bada's arm so she'd step back from him. I did not want a fight to break out right now. Haneul scoffed at her and rolled his eyes which only annoyed Bada even more. 

"Haneul, you're so pitiful. Come on Bada, let's go," I said grabbing the suitcases and making my way to the door with Bada's hand in mine. 

"You sure you want this one Bada? She's damaged goods, you tell her about your past Luna or should I fill her in on all the details?" Haneul said and this was when Bada snapped. She let go of my hand and jumped on Haneul and started beating his face. She was much taller than him so he looked so small underneath her punches. 

"Bada no!" I screamed out. I tried my best to move get her off of him but it was no use. 

"Stop it, Bada. Get off of him now," I kept screaming as tears streamed down my face. But she wouldn't budge. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I thought of the only way I could get her attention through all of this commotion as I went into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass cup from the cabinet and through it on the ground causing the both of them to look up and stop what they were doing. 

Since I got them to stop, I needed to get out of there because I was on the verge of a panic attack. I stormed out of the apartment and made my way to the lobby. I brought a suitcase with me but decided to leave it in the lobby as I walked out and left the building. I just started walking, to where you may ask, I have no idea. 

I made it a few blocks from the hotel trying to calm down but it was no use. Tears just kept streaming and I was shaking at this point. I hated all the fighting and violence because it made me feel like I did all those other times when I was helpless when Haneul would hurt me. All those times I would end up at the hospital or just lying on the ground in pain. 

I had been walking for a little bit under ten minutes at this point and the tears were still going. All of a sudden, I saw Bada's car pull up next to me and her get out, but I just kept walking. 

"Baby, I'm sorry, please," she pleaded from behind me but I still couldn't stop myself from crying and the sheer panic from coming up. 

"Luna, please. I shouldn't have done that but I just couldn't let him talk to you like that. He was still taunting you even after all this time like he did nothing wrong. I just couldn't let him think he won," Bada said before grabbing my arm to stop me from walking. I kept my head down not wanting her to see how much of a wreck I was right now. 

"Baby please, look at me," she said before gently grabbing my chin and turning my head to face her. When she saw my face, she immediately brought me into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry baby," she said tightly hugging me. 

"I just..." I said before taking a step back and bringing my head back down.

"I just don't like the violence okay? It brought back a lot of stuff and I hated that you didn't stop even after I kept calling your name. I knew coming here today was gonna be a terrible idea," I said before crying again. 

"Luna, baby, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. When I saw him and how he wasn't phased about any of this, something just snapped in me okay. I hate that he thinks he still has some kind of control over you or that he can get away with saying slick stuff like that. Because he can't," she explained softly. 

"That's why we went to the police Bada. I didn't want us to get involved with him anymore. This entire time I've been in Korea he's been beating my ass and you don't think I'm sick and tired of all the fighting? Seeing you beat him like that after everything he did to me just made my stomach sink," I said putting my head in my hands. 

"Baby, you know I'd never hurt you like he did. I would never even think about doing any of the things he's done to you," she exclaimed. 

"I know that Bada, I just..." I said looking back up at her.

"Let's just let the police handle this okay? Legally. He's gonna get what he deserves alright? We don't have to stoop down to his level to get him back. Once the investigation starts, it's gonna take a toll on his career more than mine. He'll lose everything and that's enough revenge for me baby," I said taking her hands. As I look down at her hands, I see that they're all scratched up and bloody. I never wanted her to get hurt. I just can't wait until they lock that son of a bitch up for good. 

"Come on love, I gotta go back to get your luggage," Bada said but I shook my head no.

"I don't need any of that stuff. I'd rather be without any of that than see you get hurt again," I said stroking her hand lightly. 

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"I'm positive," I reassured her. 

"I'm sorry this entire trip was a flop. We should've never gone in the first place and now you got hurt for nothing," I said as we sat in the car driving. 

"It's alright love. Hopefully, this was his wake-up call and he'll stop with all the games," Bada said. I sure hope that was the case. I never intended for Bada to beat him up, but like she said, I hope he finally got it through his thick head. Before we headed home, I told Bada to pull up to a convenience store. 

"Hey, can you stop at the store up there please," I asked. She pulled up and I got out. 

"Stay here, I'll just be a minute," I said and she nodded. I could tell she was going to do what I said without complaint because she felt bad. Usually, she'd ask if I was sure about going in without her but this time she just stayed silent and had her head down. 

In the convenience store, I went to buy some bandages and medicine to apply to her hand. I also brought a bag of Bada's favorite candy. The trip took less than two minutes and I went back outside to the car, but instead of hopping in the passenger side, I went over to Bada's door and knocked gently on the window. I could tell she hadn't noticed me there until I knocked because she was so deep in thought. Bada rolled the window down. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. 

"Can you open your door," I said to her and she opened it. 

I knelt down in front of her and took a look at her knuckles. I take the alcohol out of the bag and place some of a cotton pad.

"This is gonna sting a little," I said looking up at Bada and she looked down at me with the most does eyes. I gently began patting the surface with the pad and she hissed a bit. I blow on the wound to calm the burning down then continue on. 

"I'm not mad at you baby, I was just shaken up was all. I know you were protecting me in the way you thought was right and I appreciate that. I just don't want you to get hurt is all. You've been with me through this entire journey and you know how much it's affected me but I don't want you to get hurt in the crossfire. You mean too much to me to see you get hurt, my love," I said as I finished disinfecting her knuckles. She didn't say anything, she just kept staring at me with glistened-over eyes. I bring out the medicine and bandages and begin working again. 

"Although we can't change the past, that just means we have to make the future better. He's gonna get what comes his way one of these days. It may not be soon, but his day is coming. We just have to get revenge legally. It'll feel really good when we see everything he worked for get shut down and his career gets taken away from him. While he starts crying behind bars, we'll be living lavishly somewhere together," I said trying to brighten up the mood. A tear slips from Bada's eye and I bring my hand up to wipe them away. 

"Don't cry my love, today was just one of those bad days we were talking about. It's not always gonna be like this. This was just one of the downs in our ups okay? And I'm sorry for walking off like that earlier. I felt like I was about to start panicking so I took a walk to calm down. I was gonna come back though, I didn't wanna leave you there with him," I said and Bada shook her head. 

"You don't have to apologize for that. I understand why you left. I promise stuff like this will never happen anymore. I've never felt so much hatred and hurt until I saw and heard him talk about you. But I will never let my emotions get the best of me like they did today," she said. I gave her a smile then stood up a little to give her a quick peck on the lips then kneeled back down. 

"I love you, baby," she said holding my hands.

"I love you too my love, so much," I said. 

"Oh, and here you go," I said bringing out the bag of candy I got her before I forgot. Her eyes light up seeing what I brought her. I love that the little things like this can make her mood change. I don't want us to dwell on what happened today. 

"Let me drive, okay? Your hands must hurt," I said giving her knuckles a kiss before getting up fully. Bada didn't fight me on it and got out of the driver's seat. I walked over to the passenger side to open her door for her and she gasped. 

"For me," she said playfully when I opened the door for her. 

"Passenger princess treatment for my big baby," I cooed playfully to which we both laughed. I gave her one last kiss on her forehead then headed to the driver's seat and we headed off home. 

After getting home, I decided to make dinner for us tonight. When we finished eating, it was still a bit early out so we decided to take a walk around her neighborhood. 

"You look so adorable in your coat," I said to Bada as I fixed her scarf and hat. She brought me into a hug and pulled me into her coat and I giggled. 

"Wanna go get some snacks at the convenience store?" she asked and I nodded my head eagerly. I can never say no to food. When we got in the store, I was throwing about half the store into my cart, and Bada doing so as well. After a few minutes, some school girls come into the store with a loud conversation.

"You heard about it too right?" the short hair girl said. 

"Yup, isn't she like a choreographer or something? I heard she worked with NewJeans and some more girl groups." the taller girl said.

"Right, I heard her boyfriend was abusing her though. I can't believe that happened to her. My friend told me she saw him hitting her one time when they were out one day. I think her name was, uhh what was it? It started with an L. It was an American name," she said. Oh please, don't say my name. Please!

"Luna!" the taller girl said snapping her finger.

"Yeah that's her name, I also read somewhere online that since NewJeans is doing a comeback, they're gonna take her name off of the albums because they don't want any negative publicity from the lawsuit or whatever she was doing." 

"Oh dang, sucks to be her," 

"Right, anyways..." the girl said as they went onto a different topic to gossip about. So it's started huh? Of course, it would start now. 

Author here: I would just like to formally apologize to those who became in distraught from the last chapters ending. I am very sorry! 😞 (🤭 but it was funny). But frfr, my bad yall. I just wanted to play a little trick. I'm truly thankful for those of you who have been reading this story and leaving such nice comments. Yall are my 4lifers frfr 🫶 . We locked in, tight like a...( if u know u know)🤞. Love you guys, and until next time my darlings 💙💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.8K 60
Chloe Lucia Salazar. Now outside of Kpop that name may not ring a bell, unless your also in the dance community. But Chloe Lucia Salazar, one of th...
284K 16.9K 42
Luna falls for Chloe at first sight . . . literally, off a ladder. And it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship, after Luna gets past the fact th...
27.9K 733 27
°•° in where a group of great dancers and choreographers come to the tv show Street Woman Fighter 2, the group Angel's surprised the entire cast with...
19.4K 817 9
"𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" ఌ 𝐼𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝘵𝑤𝘰 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑏𝘰𝑛𝑑 𝘵ℎ𝑎𝘵 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒, 𝘰𝑛𝑒 �...