The Lone Wolf | Fred Weasley...

By ynhpstories

Y/n Lupin became a werewolf at a young age from Fenrir Greyback. She kept this secret from everyone apart fro... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reunited
Chapter 2: Back to the Burrow
Chapter 3: Insecurites
Chapter 4: The Portkey
Chapter 5: The Match
Chapter 6: Aftermath
Chapter 7: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 8: A Scary Realisation
Chapter 9: The First Transformation
Chapter 10: The Morning After
Chapter 11: A Shocking Discovery
Chapter 12: The Champion Selection
Chapter 13: A Confession
Chapter 14: The First Task
Chapter 15: The Second Transformation
Chapter 16: Dance Lessons
Chapter 17: Doubts
Chapter 18: Dress Shopping
Chapter 19: The Ball and the Question
Chapter 20: The First Meeting
Announcement!
Chapter 21: Revealing News
Chapter 22: The Second Task
Chapter 23: A Unwanted Surprise
Chapter 24: The Truth is Revealed
Chapter 25: A Awkward Class
Chapter 26: Somethings Wrong
Chapter 27: The Final Task
Chapter 28: The Long Way Home
Part 29: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 30: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 31: The Secret is Out
Chapter 32: Cute Little Reveals
Chapter 33: Returning Home
Chapter 34: The New Professor
Chapter 36: Taking the Quill
Chapter 37: She Now Knows
Chapter 38: One Long Night
Chapter 39: Close Call
Chapter 40: Locked Out
Chapter 41: Family
Chapter 42: "We all know you did it"
Chapter 43: The HogsHead
Chapter 44: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 45: Stunning
Chapter 46: The Fox and The Snow
Chapter 47: The Attack and The Reunion
Chapter 48: Admissions and Secrets
Chapter 49: Christmas
Chapter 50: Discovered
Chapter 51: The Twins Grand Plan
Chapter 52: The Grand Exit
Chapter 53: The Ministry of Magic
Chapter 54: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 55: The Cottage in the Woods
Chapter 56: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 57: The Smell
Chapter 59: The Crypt
Chapter 60: The Letter
Chapter 61: The Rescue
Chapter 62: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: A Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 65: The Break-in
Chapter 66: Hidden
Chapter 67: Castle in Danger
Chapter 68: The Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 69: The Fallout
Chapter 70: Goodbye
Bonus: The Afterlife
Thank You!

Chapter 58: Christmas Gone Wrong

222 7 1
By ynhpstories

~.~.~Part 146~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

The next week flew by the twins made their final sales before Christmas. They were closing the shop between the 23rd and the 27th of December and then closed on New Year's Day. Meanwhile Y/n finished packing the remainder of her own and the twins things for 5 days at the Burrow.

She made sure the cleaning was in order and the flat was ready for their return, she set out three mugs for tea and packet of unopened chocolate digestive biscuits. As soon as the clock ticked 6pm, Y/n could hear the door of the shop click locked and the sound of blinds falling down the window, hitting the ledge beneath them.

Five minutes later and the twins walked into the flat, their hair was dishevelled and the top button of their shirts was undone.

"Busy day, huh?" Y/n smiled at them, "Go clean yourselves up. We're leaving for the Burrow in 30 minutes. You know Molly doesn't like us being late, especially given the war."

"Right Fred," George started, "You go shower, I have a few things left to pack."

"You have nothing to pack. I done it all." Y/n added from the kitchen, bending to the floor to put away the last of their washing up.

"What!?" George exclaimed, "I had nothing packed except-"

"A singular pair of pants. I know and they were dirty." She said, slowly standing up straight. She knew she shouldn't have bended over, her back was still sore from the last moon. When she was finally able to stand up, both twins were looking at her with a shocked expression, "I got bored. You have six days worth of clothes. Nothing wrong with having a few spares. Now one of you go shower. I smell your BO from here." She teased.

"Not our fault you have freakishly good smell." George huffed, crossing his arm jokingly.

"Being a werewolf has a few perks." She smirked, "Now please go shower. We're going to be late!"

George and Fred walked up the corridor to the bedrooms and the bathroom. Y/n smiled to herself and finished up putting the dishes away, promising herself to use magic if she went too low because of her back.

And miraculously, within 20 minutes, both twins were showered, dressed and ready to go to the Burrow.

"Bloody hell! A whole 5 minutes early. I've been so proud!" Y/n gawked jokingly to the twins.

"Oh shut up." Fred scoffed at her, "To be fair I'm surprised as well."

They left for the Burrow straight away and Molly was more than pleased to see them all okay. They had a relaxing evening, Y/n spent her time catching up with Ginny and any changes at Hogwarts. She was shocked to learn that Snape was the DADA teacher and Hermione and Ron had an argument.

The next morning she was in the kitchen, she sat at the table planning out the moons for the next year whilst Harry and Ron stood at the kitchen peeling Brussel sprouts.

"So Snape was offering to help him? He was definitely offering to help him?" Y/n and Ron asked after Harry had explained what he saw. Harry suspects Draco is a death eater and Snape is helping him with a mission.

"If you ask that once more," Harry said to Ron, "I'm going to stick this sprout —"

"I'm only checking!" He retaliated.

Snow was drifting past the window in front of them.

"Yes, Snape was offering to help him!" said Harry. "Do you know anything about his family, Y/n?"

"He's my cousin, somehow." Y/n started, "Mum said their family has worked with you-know-who since the first war. It wouldn't surprise me if they recruited Draco. And Snape was a death eater and now works for Dumbledore. But he might have gone back. What did he say?"

"He said he'd promised Malfoy's mother to protect him, that he'd made an Unbreakable Oath or something-"

"An Unbreakable Vow?" said Ron, looking stunned. "Nah, he can't have..."

"Are you sure?" Asked Y/n.

"Yes, I'm sure," said Harry. "Why, what does it mean?"

"Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow..."

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?"

"You die," said Ron simply. "Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," said Ron, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes. "Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum, Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since."

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock—"

"I beg your pardon?" said Fred's voice as the twins entered the kitchen. "Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"Leave them alone." Y/n rolled their eyes at them.

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," said Ron grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," said George, sitting down at the kitchen table opposite Y/n and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a — whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" said Ron angrily, sucking his cut thumb. "You wait when I'm seventeen —"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," said George, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called — unless our information is faulty — Lavender Brown?"

Y/n leaned forward in her seat. Cocking an eyebrow at Ron. He glared at Y/n and turned a little pink but did not look displeased as he turned back to the sprouts.

"Mind your own business." He snapped, "And stop it will you, Y/n. You look just like the twins."

"What can I say, I live with them." She sneered jokingly, leaving back and crossing her arms across her chest.

"What a snappy retort," Fred said to Ron. "I really don't know what you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was... how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!

Mrs. Weasley entered the room just in time to see Ron throw the sprout knife at Fred, who had turned it into a paper airplane with one lazy flick of his wand.

"Ron!" she said furiously. "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!"

"I won't," said Ron, "let you see," he added under his breath, clearly not wanting anyone to hear. But Y/n heard.

He turned back to the sprout mountain and Y/n stood up to get a glass of water from the tap. She leaned over and whispered, "I heard that last part, don't get in the habit of throwing knives."

Ron suddenly choked on the air and glared at the older girl, "How did you hear me?"

"Dear Ronald. Did you not learn about werewolves at Hogwarts, I'm sure my dad covered it. We have very good hearing especially before and after the moon," She whispered to him, "Although it's not at its usual standard now." She added to herself, massaging her ear. She got her water and walked away.

"Fred, George, I'm sorry, dears, but Remus, Tonks and Teddy are arriving tonight, so Bill will have to squeeze in with you two." Molly said,
"Y/n, you're okay to share Percy's room with Teddy?"

"Of course I am Molly. I'll sleep anywhere." She smiled, sitting herself down. Ron still glared at her, his face still slightly pale.

"No problem," said George.

"Then, as Charlie isn't coming home, that just leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and if Fleur shares with Ginny —"

"— that'll make Ginny's Christmas —" muttered Fred.

"— everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway," said Mrs. Weasley, sounding slightly harassed.

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" asked Fred.

Mrs. Weasley turned away before she answered. "No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry."

"Or he's the world's biggest prat," said Fred, as Mrs. Weasley left the kitchen. "One of the two. Well, let's get going, then, George."

"What are you two up to?" asked Ron. "Can't you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!"

"No, I don't think we can do that," said Fred seriously. "It's very character-building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for Muggles and Squibs —"

"— and if you want people to help you, Ron," added George, throwing the paper airplane at him, "I wouldn't chuck knives at them. Just a little hint. We're off to the village, there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are something marvelous... almost like real magic..."

"George is practically in love with her," Fred smirked, "Sure you don't want to come, darling?"

"Yeah, I'll stay here. I remember your flirting, I doubt George is any better." She quipped and Ron snorted with laughter.

Fred kissed her goodbye and the twins walked out of the door.

"Gits," said Ron darkly, watching Fred and George setting off across the snowy yard. "Would've only taken them ten seconds and then we could've gone too. How do you cope, Y/n?"

"I don't know, I've gotten used to their presence." She replied to him, "I'm going to go see Ginny." She stood up from the table and with a flick of her wand, the sprouts were peeled and chopped and the paper plane was now a knife again, "There you go."

"Thank you, Y/n! I could kiss you!" Ron said with glee.

"I'd rather you not. That's Fred's job. Besides you have Lavender Brown to kiss." She smirked at the boy, turned on her heel and left the room.

That evening, they were all supposed to be listening to a Christmas broadcast by Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck, whose voice was warbling out of the large wooden wireless set. Fleur, who seemed to find Celestina very dull, was talking so loudly in the corner that a scowling Mrs. Weasley kept pointing her wand at the volume control so that Celestina grew louder and louder.

Under cover of a particularly jazzy number called "A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love," Fred and George started a game of Exploding Snap with Ginny whilst Y/n watched. Ron kept shooting Bill and Fleur covert looks, as though hoping to pick up tips.

Meanwhile, Remus Lupin, who was thinner and more ragged-looking than ever, was sitting beside the fire, staring into its depths as though he could not hear Celestina's voice. Tonks was sitting next to him and Teddy was talking to Bill.

Oh, come and stir my cauldron,
And if you do it right,
I'll boil you up some hot strong love
To keep you warm tonight.

"We danced to this when we were eighteen!" said Mrs. Weasley, wiping her eyes on her knitting. "Do you remember, Arthur?"

"Mphf?" said Mr. Weasley, whose head had been nodding over the satsuma he was peeling. "Oh yes... marvelous tune..."

With an effort, he sat up a little straighter and looked around at Y/n, who was sitting next to him.

"Sorry about this," he said, jerking his head toward the wireless as Celestina broke into the chorus. "Be over soon."

"No problem," said Y/n, grinning. "Has it been busy at the Ministry?"

"Very," said Mr. Weasley. "I wouldn't mind if we were getting anywhere, but of the three arrests we've made in the last couple of months, I doubt that one of them is a genuine Death Eater — only don't repeat that, Y/n," he added quickly, looking much more awake all of a sudden.

"They're not still holding Stan Shunpike, are they?" She asked.

"I'm afraid so," said Mr. Weasley. "I know Dumbledore's tried appealing directly to Scrimgeour about Stan... I mean, anybody who has actually interviewed him agrees that he's about as much a Death Eater as this satsuma... but the top levels want to look as though they're making some progress, and 'three arrests' sounds better than 'three mistaken arrests and releases'... but again, this is all top secret..."

"I won't say anything," said Y/n.

Celestina Warbeck began a ballad called "You Charmed the Heart Right Out of Me."

... and now you've torn it quite apart
I'll thank you for giving back my heart!

Celestina ended her song on a very long, high-pitched note and loud applause issued out of the wireless, which Mrs. Weasley joined in with enthusiastically.

"Eez eet over?" said Fleur loudly. "Thank goodness, what an 'orrible —"

"Shall we have a nightcap, then?" asked Mr. Weasley loudly, leaping to his feet. "Who wants eggnog?"

"What have you been up to lately?" Harry asked Lupin, as Mr, Weasley, and Y/n bustled off to fetch the eggnog, and everybody else stretched and broke into conversation.

"Y/n, I wanted to talk to you." Arthur said gravely, his voice low, but she knew that her dad could probably hear it all.

"What's wrong, Arthur?" She asked, a lump formed in her throat.

"I've received word from the Department of the regulation and control of Magical Creatures office that Greyback is on the move."

"Oh..." Was all Y/n managed to say.

"And we have reasons to believe that he wants to recruit." He added.

"He wants to get me, doesn't he." She said plainly, she didn't want him to beat around the bush.

Arthur sighed, "Unfortunately, yes. And because you were bitten by him, it gives him more motive to have you in his pack."

"Right. So I guess I have to go in hiding." She asked, trying to swallow the lump.

"I would advise it. Because you're not on the registry, you cannot be protected by the ministry." Arthur said.

"Well, thank you for letting me know."

They came back in a few minutes later. Y/n decided she'll wait to tell the twins until at least after Christmas. She didn't want to give them something to worry about, especially on Christmas.

Christmas morning flew by. They opened their presents under the tree all together. Everyone has a Weasley sweater. Y/n got a set of new quills from Hermione, a new book from Ginny, new clothes from her parents and a beautiful new gold necklace from Fred.

By midday, everybody was wearing new sweaters when they all sat down for Christmas lunch, everyone except Fleur (on whom, it appeared, Mrs. Weasley had not wanted to waste one) and Mrs. Weasley herself, who was sporting a brand-new midnight blue witch's hat glittering with what looked like tiny starlike diamonds, and a spectacular golden necklace.

"Fred and George gave them to me! Aren't they beautiful?"

"Well, we find we appreciate you more and more, Mum, now we're washing our own socks," said George, waving an airy hand. "Parsnips, Remus?"

"Harry, you've got a maggot in your hair," said Ginny cheerfully, leaning across the table to pick it out; Y/n could see Harry had goose bumps erupt up his neck that had nothing to do with the maggot.

"'Ow 'orrible," said Fleur, with an affected little shudder.

"Yes, isn't it?" said Ron. "Gravy, Fleur?"

In his eagerness to help her, he knocked the gravy boat flying; Bill waved his wand and the gravy soared up in the air and returned meekly to the boat.

"You are as bad as zat Tonks," said Fleur to Ron, when she had finished kissing Bill in thanks. "She is always knocking —"

"I'm right here." Tonks coughed, Fleur went visibly pink in the face. Teddy couldn't help but give a small smile towards his younger sister.

Teddy and Y/n fell into conversation, it felt nice catching up with her brother. Not much has changed in Teddy's life, he got a job at the ministry, his passion was to end the negative stigma on werewolves for both his sister and father.

"Hey... it couldn't be —?" Someone said over the conversations at the dinner table.

"Arthur!" said Mrs. Weasley suddenly. She had risen from her chair; her hand was pressed over her heart and she was staring out of the kitchen window. "Arthur — it's Percy!"

"What?" Mr. Weasley looked around.

Everybody looked quickly at the window; Ginny stood up for a better look. There, sure enough, was Percy Weasley, striding across the snowy yard, his horn-rimmed glasses glinting in the sunlight. He was not, however, alone.

"Arthur, he's — he's with the Minister!" And sure enough, the man she had seen in the Daily Prophet was following along in Percy's wake, limping slightly, his mane of graying hair and his black cloak flecked with snow. Before any of, them could say anything, before Mr. and Mrs. Weasley could do more than exchange stunned looks, the back door opened and there stood Percy. There was a moment's painful silence.

Then Percy said rather stiffly, "Merry Christmas, Mother."

"Oh, Percy!" said Mrs. Weasley, and she threw herself into his arms.

Rufus Scrimgeour paused in the doorway, leaning on his walking stick and smiling as he observed this affecting scene.

"You must forgive this intrusion," he said, when Mrs. Weasley looked around at him, beaming and wiping her eyes. "Percy and I were in the vicinity — working, you know — and he couldn't resist dropping in and seeing you all."

But Percy showed no sign of wanting to greet any of the rest of the family. He stood, pokerstraight and awkward-looking, and stared over everybody else's heads. Mr. Weasley, Fred, and George were all observing him, stony-faced.

"Please, come in, sit down, Minister!" fluttered Mrs. Weasley, straightening her hat. "Have a little purkey, or some tooding... I mean —"

"No, no, my dear Molly," said Scrimgeour. Y/n guessed that he had checked her name with Percy before they entered the house. "I don't want to intrude, wouldn't be here at all if Percy hadn't wanted to see you all so badly..."

"Oh, Perce!" said Mrs. Weasley tearfully, reaching up to kiss him. "... We've only looked in for five minutes, so I'll have a stroll around the yard while you catch up with Percy. No, no, I assure you I don't want to butt in! Well, if anybody cared to show me your charming garden... Ah, that young man's finished, why doesn't he take a stroll with me?"

The atmosphere around the table changed perceptibly. Everybody looked from Scrimgeour to Harry. Nobody seemed to find Scrimgeour's pretense that he did not know Harry's name convincing, or find it natural that he should be chosen to accompany the Minister around the garden when Ginny, Fleur, and George also had clean plates.

"Yeah, all right," said Harry into the silence. He was not fooled; for all Scrimgeour's talk that they had just been in the area, that Percy wanted to look up his family, this must be the real reason that they had come, so that Scrimgeour could speak to Harry alone.

"It's fine," he said quietly, as he passed Lupin, who had half risen from his chair. "Fine," he added, as Mr. Weasley opened his mouth to speak.

"Wonderful!" said Scrimgeour, standing back to let Harry pass through the door ahead of him. "We'll just take a turn around the garden, and Percy and I'll be off. Carry on, everyone!"

Molly eagerly got him a clean plate and set it down where Harry just was. Percy stiffly sat down, he did not touch the plate or the food.

A awkward silence hung in the air, no one knew what to say, or how they were gonna say anything.

"Finished being a dick?" Fred spat out of the silence, he glared at his older brother.

"What?!" Percy said out of shock.

"Fred Weasley! We don't use that language!" Molly scolded but he didn't listen.

"Have you finished being a dick?" He repeated.

"Why would you-"

"You just abandoned all of us! Mum was a wreck for weeks and dad broke so many glasses when your name was mentioned. Who cares about dad's job! He loves it and that's what important. We're not all stuck up pricks like you!" Fred growled angrily, "Sorry mum." He added quietly. He threw down his napkin left the table abruptly, marching upstairs and slamming the door behind him.

Everyone glared at Percy. The silence fell again for a moment, this time it was Y/n's turn to break it. "I should go check on him. Thank you, Molly. It was lovely."

"You're very welcome dear."

"Hopefully I'll be back soon, with Fred." She carefully sat down her cutlery and napkin and quietly left the table and climbed the stairs to the twins bedroom. She planted three soft knocks on the door with her scarred knuckles.

"Who is it?" Fred asked from the other side of the door.

"It's me, darling. Its Y/n. Can I come in?"

"Okay."

She slowly opened the door and poked her head around it. Fred was sat at the edge of his bed, back facing the door. His head was in his arms and his hands were scrunched up into fists. Y/n closed the door behind her and perched next to him. Pulling his body into hers and wrapping her arms around him.

"Talk to me..." She whispered.

"It's just... Percy, he... ugh! I can't put it into words!" He hissed angrily

"That's okay. That's completely fine." Y/n replied, "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I'll be here."

"He clearly doesn't want to see any of us. And the Minister only came for Harry and Percy was his body guard." Fred muttered, "That pompous prat."

Fred leaned them both back onto his bed. Y/n couldn't help but wince from the pain in her back.

"What's wrong?" Fred asked her, holding his head up.

"Nothing, it's fine."

"It's your back, isn't it? Don't lie to me, Y/n." Fred asked.

"Fine. Yeah it is. But we're not here for me. I'm here for you."

"Can we just wait here until Percy leaves?" Fred asked, looking into her eyes lovingly.

"Of course we can. Scrimgeour has just got back. So shouldn't be long."

They fell into a comfortable silence. They stared into each others eyes and they slowly leaned closer to each other, until their lips attached.

"Merry Christmas, my darling," Fred whispered when they separated, "I love you."

"Merry Christmas, Freddie. And I love you too." She smiled, "Annnnnd... they've just left.

They made their way downstairs, Fred apologised profusely to everybody, especially Molly who looked as though she could've cried when she wrapped her arms around Fred. The hours passed by and the sun was down. It was a new moon, it can sometimes be rough on Y/n's feelings, although today was pretty good. Remus and Tonks decided to go home.

"It was delicious, Molly. Really." Tonks smiled at her. Remus looked on edge.

"Are you sure you won't stay?" Molly asked them, "We have plenty of space."

"No, we should go." Tonks replied, "First night of the cycle is the worst."

"Remus?" Arthur asked. Y/n looked over. He stood tall, his wand clutched in his hand.

"Dad?" Y/n asked, moving forward to touch his arm. She looked directly where he was looking. It was an empty grassland, but she could smell something familiar, she went wide eyed and gave Arthur a knowing look.

"Sweetheart?" Tonks whispered.

A small ball of light appeared in the sky, it was quickly growing closer to them until it hit the floor with a bang and a bright ring of tall fire encircled the house. Y/n screamed. A black mist of a deatheater swooped down and turned into Bellatrix Lestrange she smirked at them then ran through the fire into the grassland.

Harry suddenly ran out and followed her through the fire.

"HARRY NO!" Arthur yelled. Remus and Tonks immediately ran after him, but the break in the fire closed on them and they had to fight to find a new gap.

"MUM! DAD!" Y/n yelled.

Ginny slid out of the door and began sprinting up the grassland towards the fire. Y/n immediately followed her. She knew who was in the grassland, but it was worth the risk."

"GINNY! Y/N!" Molly screamed.

Ginny was a little infront of Y/n but they both leapt over the fire. But Ginny disappeared into the grassland.

"Y/N NO!" Remus and Tonks yelled. They were still fighting the fire.

Y/n sprinted through the grassland. The blades struck her face. Her nose was flooded with overwhelming new smells, but she had to focus on Ginny and Harry. She had to ignore everything else.

Y/n had to ignore the pain in her back as she ran, her first priority was to make sure both Harry and Ginny were safe. She ran for another minute or two when the smell of Ginny became stronger.

She followed it and found her standing on a small island surrounded by a puddle. She could see a figure in the grass in front of her. She knew who it was, it didn't scare her.

"Harry? Y/n?" She asked the figure. Y/n ran out of the grassland, through the puddle and wrapped her arms around Ginny, pulling the young girl behind her.

"Thank Merlin you're safe." Y/n sighed. But the figure was coming closer and their features were more recognisable.

"Ahh Miss Lupin." A cold voice said. She swivelled around and Greyback was standing at the edge of the puddle. He looked shabbier and dirtier than the last time she saw him at the ministry. "It's perfect timing. You're coming with me, to join us."

"NO!" She yelled, "NEVER!"

"Y/n what is he talking about?" Ginny asked, but she ignored her.

"You don't have a choice." He licked his lips and took two big steps towards her. The two girls stumbled back, both their wands pointed at the man.

"Y/n, I got you." Ginny breathed, panic was coursing through both their veins. But they couldn't falter, not in front of Greyback.

Y/n could hear more footsteps run through the grassland and the puddle. A second later she saw Harry run infront of both of them.

"Stupify!" He yelled at Greyback. But he deflected it like it was nothing.

"Don't be stupid, Potter. I'm here for Miss Lupin."

He disappeared into black smoke and shot up in the air. Ginny and Harry immediately covered   Y/n, all of their wands were pointed outwards. There was more rustling in the bushes. Y/n could still smell Greyback and Bellatrix, each sound made the three of them flinch.

"HARRY!" Arthur's voiced called. It was fairly faint.

"Y/N!" Both Remus and Tonks voice yelled. They were growing louder and louder.

Bellatrix shot a spell at the three of them. Y/n, Harry and Ginny were blindly shooting and deflecting spells that seemed to come out of thin air. They were not as strong as the two death eaters. They were being overpowered.

"GINNY!" Arthur's voice yelled again, it was louder. They sounded close and the rustling was growing louder in her ears.

A second later they all arrived. The death eaters immediately stopped shooting spells as everyone circled around Harry, their wands pointing out. Y/n could hear Bellatrix's breathing and whispering to Greyback. They stood for a second longer before flying into the sky.

Y/n followed the mists in the sky. They were heading for the Burrow. Before they could say anything, they flew straight into the house and the building burst onto flames. The group in the grassland started at in in shock and fear. The flames lit the skyline with bright oranges and yellows and funnels of black smoke billowed out of the house and into the sky.

"Molly." Arthur muttered, and running back into the grassland.

"Fred!" Y/n gasped and followed suit back through the long grass. This journey seemed even longer. She could hear her heart pounding in her chest, she hoped that Fred and George and everyone else got out of the house. The grass whipped her face and one strand gave her a small scratch on her cheek. She could smell the blood.

They made it back as quick as they could. Y/n could see the twins as she emerged from the grassland. Their faces immediately lit up with relief when they saw her. They both ran to her and wrapped their arms around her.

"Oh thank Merlin. You're safe, Y/n." They both said happily.

"You knew I was going to be okay." She smirked, "He was in there."

"Who was- oh, shit." George asked, then said when he realised, "Did he hurt you?"

"No, but have me and Ginny a scare." Y/n breathed, trying to get rid of the panic, "None of us were hurt. And I'm glad everyone got out of the house."

They all stood back and watched as the Burrow was swallowed in the flames. Tears filled the eyes of the Weasley family as they watched their home get destroyed, and all the memories and possessions were being lost. Y/n stood slightly behind everyone else.

A faint swooshing sound filled her ears and a second later her arms were forced behind her back. She screamed and everyone whipped their heads around. Fred ran towards Y/n, Greyback was holding onto her but before he could reach them he turned to smoke and took Y/n with him, up into the sky and out of sight.

Word Count: 5000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 905 68
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...
559K 11.8K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
53.8K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
211K 3.8K 87
Y/N is the only living and known child of infamous Death Eaters, Rodolphus and Bellatrix Lestrange, perhaps the most loyal of the Dark Lord's followe...