Let's Raise The Male Lead's Y...

By Sweet_Dily

{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a littl... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated On My Wedding Day
Chapter 2: Elliot
Chapter 3: Embarrassment For A Bride
Chapter 4: A Sword To The Throat
Chapter 5: Be My Real Wife
Chapter 6: A Gallery With Secrets
Chapter 7: Exessive Donations
Chapter 8: Gypsinses
Chapter 9: A Kitchen Conflict
Chapter 10: No End's Rest
Chapter 11: Angel?
Chapter 12: The Sweetness Of A Loving Husband
Chapter 13: Moros Cure
Chapter 14: A Doctor's Basement
Chapter 15: Enemies With Different Greeds
Chapter 16: An Unexpected Variable
Chapter 18: Stuck With The Annoying Ulisses Thanks To The Cult Who Kidnapped Us
Chapter 19: One Must Survive And The Other Will Be Dragged
Chapter 20: It Was Discovered Before You Knew It
Chapter 21: A Close Lie Of Death
Chapter 22: What Is Not Written In A Sinister Book
Chapter 23: The Close Call Of Death For Ulisses
Chapter 24: Stand Up And Not Falter
Chapter 25: The People's Hearts Stand With You
Chapter 26: All Night If I Must, You Will Rest!
Chapter 27: Bless Our Loving Souls
Chapter 28: The Master Of The Underlayer
Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You
Chapter 30: Dark Incantation
Chapter 31: The Baby's Pain

Chapter 17: Infected

567 14 0
By Sweet_Dily

'Jhones...' (Carlo's inner thoughts)

He thought in worry.

"Yesterday I had assigned him to patrol a night shift to an area however for some reason your knight had not shown up to the patrol area so I sent a small of group of your Reynolds knights to search for the Jhones knight as not only a doctor I had the responsibility to your knights as well "(Doctor Nevardo, said)

"You have only been kind to me and the Northern citizens so it was my duty to ensure that no one got hurt" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"It turns out that the knight shift group that I had assigned your knight was to guard Doctor Nestor's section " (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"When I went to see there was no trace of the both of them but I did not find it suspicious since Doctor Nestor was my friend that was until I fell along one of the last report he had sent you Grand Duke" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"..." (Damien)

Doctor Nevardo continued to add on.

"Immidetly I separated the group and recruited some more of your knights secretly to not alter Doctor Nestor if he had just gone somewhere to check on any other patients" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"But there was just no trace of him so I went to the only place I could think of and that was Doctor Nestor's private office and your knight was knocked out cold" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"I don't know where Doctor Nestor is and your knight has not woken up" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"The only mistake of mine has been to be negligent of this whole situation and for not reporting to you what occurred last night with Doctor Nestor and your knight" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"An emergency occurred with one of the patients that required my urgent care and after that, I had no time to leave the premises" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

'You can't dare to question me if everything is highly falsified' (Doctor Nevardo's inner thoughts)

'I have the witnesses and Doctor assistant Ferneor is an expert on coping similar writing to the exact point just like these false reports' (Doctor Nevardo's inner thoughts)

Damien, Ulisses, and Carlo looked at the documents but Han Jea/Nania still continued to stare at Doctor Nevardo.

Her lips parted.

"No matter how I see it for a great doctor you neglected much more than that" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

"Pardon?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

He opened his eyes with Han Jea/Nania's unexpected words causing everyone to look at her.

"Mind the Duchess incorporate on that?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

"Even for Doctor Nestor's mistakes, why should the most talented Doctor Nevardo not know how to diffrecient between hygienic and none hygienic?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

"Isn't that what they teach to become a medic?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

'...' (Doctor Nevardo)

"Of course, that is something we learned we have kept it here-" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"That doesn't seem to be the case" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She spoke over him.

"It wasn't so hard to tell when people go inside the tent to take a quick glance in the inside and see how unhygienic the tent is" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"I hope you don't mind if I can take a better look inside the tent and confirm that you're telling the truth about Sir Jhones well-being please will you be kind and guide us to see him before anything else?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

She asked with a smile on her face however her eyes were cold.

'Frown'

Doctor Nevardo frowned dissatisfied however the way everyone in the room was looking at him he'd be drawn suspicion.

So the best way was to let her see that knight and say the perfect excuse that would certainly satisfy her.

......

'Creak'

Han Jea/Nania sat on a bed on the same floor as Doctor Nevardo's room.

She looked at the unconscious Jhones who was so unresponsive.

It appears as if he were in a coma.

"Luckily he has been unaffected from any contamination but like I said he has not woken up" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

Doctor Nevardo stood a few feet away from the bed as he looked at her.

Damien stood right next to her and Ulisses and Carlo were next to Doctor Nevardo.

"...." (Han Jea/Nania)

'I'm sure someone hurt him to drive him to be in this state...he was kind to me when we first met...now I'm looking at him and my heart hurts' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'Have I become attached to Northern citizens just like Damien has that I feel guilt for not being able to protect him?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'He had been the only new knight who dropped the supplies so when we got a report from Sir Jhones that decided to stay on his own accord we did not interfere because it meant that it must have meant that it was the signal that there was something wrong' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'This meant that all the knights that dropped off the cargo have been traitors since they too did not report all of these incidents when asked I guess that the variable that Doctor Nevardo had overlooked from his lies' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'He had thought Sir Jhones had sided with his scheme but underestimated what had been Sir. Jhones main purpose.

She also knew that Damien, Carlo, and Ulisses had not believed him but they were acting according to plan.

You must trick the trickster.

"I will place some of my knights that joined along the journey to ensure Sir Jhones safety the Doctor has nothing against this right?" (Damine, asked)

Damine's lips finally parted as he asked.

'...' (Doctor Nevardo)

"No not at all do as you wish Duke" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

He quickly responded to his request.

....

'Step, Step, Step'

Walking.

Damien had assigned a couple of his knights to watch over Sir Jhones as Doctor Nevardo moved on to tent twelve.

-Inside twelve tent-

"Doctor you said it was hygienically clean then what is this?" (Ulisses, asked)

This time the germaphobe Ulisses who had been urging to complain exploded and raised his voice as they all entered the tent.

He clearly spoke what everyone thought.

"Yes that's how all the tents are fact because we lacked the hygienic supplies" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"The Duchy provided you with enough money how come you didn't ask for it?" (Ulisses, asked)

"I did on the reports you read but apparently it was too much for your brain to handle too much information" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

Ulisse's face immediately grew red in anger and embarrassment as he began to search through the document in his gloved hands.

"I had asked for hygienic supplies on the old documents I believe it's clear that the reports have been tampered with unless you want me to go into further explanation?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

He asked as he looked at Han Jea/Nania especially.

Every one of them where covered with gloves and a mask as precaution.

"Since yesterday night is the first time we received the hygienic supplies we still have not finished organizing but we are getting to it as soon as possible" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

'Halt'

Doctor Nevardo had stopped a little far from the sleeping teenagers who had just received the Moros disease injection given with a sleeping sedition.

"This is the furthest we can go if you do not want to catch the infection" (Docor Nevardo, said)

"Isn't it funny that you haven't gotten infected no matter how long you've been here and we can easily catch it?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

But Han Jea/Nania was not ready to back down.

'Turn'

Doctor Nevardo turned around to look at her as she continued.

"You, the priest, the doctors, and all the Reynolds knights isn't it funny that none of you have gotten infected but any other citizen has?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

"It makes me think that in fact there is a cure already for a disease and a certain someone is keeping more information to himself than it appears" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Frown'

"Duchess do you know that what you're saying is slander are you accusing me of..." (Doctor Nevardo, said)

He began to get angry.

"Yes in fact I am" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"I am accusing you, not only you but anyone in this entire place except these innocent citizens" (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"You could try and make all of your excuses for the reports but if you really wanted to make a change you should have stepped up in the Duchy's front door step if you saw that you weren't getting what you requested" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"All this time even if it were a false report you still should have already caught it or your co-workers working in those tents" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"I don't believe one last bit in fact I demand to search your room I'm sure if you don't fear of finding something else you wouldn't mind?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

'Does she...no way...but why does this woman give me a bad feeling' (Doctor Nevardo's inner thoughts)

"Duchess, it's not that I don't fear I don't have anything to hide however my room is an invasion of privacy what would the whole Northern people think of the new Duchess who has entered an unmarried men's room?" (Doctor Nevarod, asked)

"If rumors go around like that it would make the Nothern citizens that already dislike you coming from the emperor's side dislike you even more" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

He said as he looked down at her.

'Burst'

"Doctor Nevardo a patient's health just worsened please come see-oh I apologize I don't mean to intrude on the Duke and Duchess..." (Doctor assistant Kyle, yelled)

Right in time Kyle's performance was on play.

"No there's no need to apologize as one requires of your immediate help you don't have to worry we can resume this conversation when we come back" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"But if you finish first I'll be helping arranging the hygienic supplies to facilitate the doctor's job" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She said with a warm smile although her eyes were clearly suspicious of him.

'Although I want to search that room he's not wrong the people don't trust me. I don't care about the rumors however I knew Damien was going to stand up and he'd make sure no rumors circulate but I want them to trust me for who I am not as a person sent from the emperor besides what I'm looking is for proving evidence it's obvious to us he's been lying to us but the best chance we might get intel on secrete information will be on that journal' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'As much as I want to get that journal I don't want to risk any more lives because of how unhygienic  this place is' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

And she did get what she wanted but came along with an irritating person.

"So you're just planning to stand there?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

She asked annoyed at Ulisses who stood there with crossed arms doing absolutely nothing but staring.

"I don't touch dirty things that have been used by others you don't know how many germs have touched that opening crowbar and you want me to touch it just so you can open a storage box?" (Ulisse, said)

"Fat chat Duchess, I'll wait till Carlo comes in a does it himself" (Ulisses, asked)

'Glance'

He glanced at her as she grabbed the opening crowbar like what she was holding was worthy of her.

"Though I wouldn't wait Duchess didn't you seem pretty rushed to get the supplies out" (Ulisses, said)

"If the Duchess is so kind and generous then open those boxes by yourself instead or are you waiting for Carlo to get another crowbar and make him do it all himself?" (Ulisses, asked)

He continued to mock her and added on looking down as if she were all talk.

"The people are waiting for you and you're just standing there-" (Ulisses, said)

'Creak'

Ulisses had stopped half-sentence with his arrogant attitude as he heard a loud sound.

Han Jea/Nania was fed up already being stuck with Ulisses who did not want to help her and only threw excuses all because he didn't want to touch the opening crowbar afraid of germs.

It was clear even with a brand new crowbar he had asked Carlo to go fetch he still wouldn't do it and watch Carlo do it all.

But he also expected her to open it herself just as if she was purposely wasting time so Carlo could do all the work.

That did not sit right with her in fact she was kind of annoyed.

She didn't mind doing it herself but Ulisses had more strength he could clearly do it himself but there was no point in arguing there when they were never going to come to an agreement so she did what she was going to do.

Ask once for his help, he declines it, she does not beg, and does it herself.

So she lifted her heel placing it on top of the large wooden box as she grabbed the crowbar with both hands and positioned the crowbar under where the wooden lid stood of the box.

Now that her feet were in a good form to give her a good position and gave her more strength to push up.

 She had pushed down on the straight part of the crowbar opener putting her strength in and had managed to open her lid without Ulisses's help.

'Dumbstruck'

Ulisses was dumbstruck that his provocation unintentionally she had actually opened it.

He thought Han Jea/Nania would complain and bicker with him but to his surprise, she did not and she had opened the lid herself.

"Hmph" (Han Jea/Nani, said)

She hmphed at Ulisses and dropped down her leg that she had placed against the wooded large tall storage box and turned around ignoring him.

He was just not worth her time however she had been getting a feeling so her steps moved a little forward as she walked a few feet away from Ulisses.

Her steps had halted under a very dim ceiling light lifting the metal crowbar.

'Is it me or it smells of blood?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

Han Jea/Nania could not see anything on the crowbar even if she took a closer look this dim light wasn't really helping.

To make it worse even if she wanted to analyze it any further her studying had gotten postponed by Ulisses yell.

"Argh help I'm stuck!" (Ulisses, yelled)

'Turn'

Han Jea/Nania turned at his panic yell.

Ulisses was no longer there where she was near the wooden large tall boxes, but in fact, inside the wooden large tall box she had opened.

"D-Duchess get me out! Quickly!" (Ulisses, yelled)

"Gahhaa! It's so dark! What the hell am I stepping on?!" (Ulisses, yelled)

"Duchess!" (Ulisses, yelled)

Ulisses had somehow gotten inside the large tall wooden box and somehow also caused the lid she had just opened to close on him.

'He wasn't helping and yet he goes inside who goes inside like that?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'Talk about embarrassing' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

She thought annoyed by how stupid Ulisses was being.

So she headed over with a fed-up expression and simply opened the lid with her hands since she had opened the lid with the crowbar.

 It was already opened she only had to lift it.

Apparently, Ulisses couldn't even manage to do that from the inside.

'Creak'

She opened the lid up and looked inside down at  Ulisses whose expression was pale and panicked with ruffled hair.

'Would do you look at that?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

She should have laughed at how dumb he had gotten stuck inside however somehow she felt kinda bad since he actually looked a little scared.

'Extend'

She extended her hand to him who was inside the wooden tall large box that was deeper than expected.

She tried to help him get up but all he did in exchange was sit up and yell at her with a glare of hate.

"Duchess I didn't think you would take this far to think you'd push me inside the box for your personal satisfaction...I knew I didn't like you and my judgment of you was not wrong" (Ulisses, said)

'What? Push him? What nonsense now he's shifting his blame on me because he's embarrassed from doing such a stupid thing he seriously...' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"Ulisses why would I lock up inside a cargo box I was busy looking at something else than paying attention to you it's not my fault you fell inside on your own" (Han Jea/Naniai, asked)

Han Jea/Nania said as she looked down at him annoyed and irritated.

'Irritated'

"I did not push myself it was you or who else would have pushed me if it wasn't you?!" (Ulisses, yelled)

Ulisses felt irritated as he thought that she was acting innocent.

He was clearly pushed inside and she and him were the only ones in the storage room so it had to be her.

Because he had said that he was pushed so defensively as if he was not lying Han Jea/Nania instead of getting angry she began to feel a chilly atmosphere suddenly.

"Someone pushed you? Pleased don't joke around like that-" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Push'

But just like someone had pushed Ulisses someone with a strong force had pushed her inside the same large tall storage box with him as they yelled to each other when they laid close.

"Ah Duchess what are you doing why is your hand touching my precious face?!" (Ulisses, yelled)

"Hey then why Is your bony knee on my rib!" (Han Jea/Nania, yelled)

The two began to bicker and yell at each other maybe because of the nerves that they had just been pushed and trapped inside a box.

To make it worse the box began to move.

"Aaaahhh!" (Han Jea/Nania and Ulisses, yelled)

"Someone help!!" (Han Jea/Nania and Ulisses, yelled)

Although it was pitch black inside the box they had turned to look at each other or at least where they thought their faces were and yelled scared together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 21 20
The sequel of "The Princess, The Thief and the Alchemist". AND THE FINAL ONE! Plot; Rapunzel still has the Moonstone. It was a mix of blue and yellow...
5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
10.2K 283 45
{If you like the Novel 'How To Get My Husband On My Side' it's similar with a little twist and more antagonist} I Haera Chu possessed a minor villain...
149K 8.2K 84
I go by Artemis Blythe. I'm an ex-soldier turned murderer. I was charged with thirty murders and was subsequently sentenced to death. Preceding my e...