Archon Reborn

Oleh RexCelestial

(Y/N) (L/N) was always the odd one out of the students attending St. Freya, ostracized and shunned due to his... Lebih Banyak

[Chapter 1] - Nightmare's End
[Chapter 2] - Restart
[Chapter 3] - Breakthrough
[Chapter 4] - Visiting Soukai City
[Chapter 5] - Sparring Lesson
[Chapter 6] - A Hectic Day
[Chapter 7] - Brief Respite
[Chapter 8] - A Perilous Encounter
[Chapter 9] - A Somewhat Ordinary Day
[Chapter 10] - Soukai Supernatural
[Chapter 11] - The Excursion
[Chapter 12] - Armaments that Quaked the World
[Chapter 13] - What Lies in the Deep
[Chapter 14] - Legacy Unchained
[Chapter 15] - Renascence
[Chapter 16] - Amidst the Thunder
[Chapter 17] - Dawn of a New Journey
[Chapter 18] - Entr'acte
[Chapter 20] - Heritage Heralding
[Chapter 21] - Reunion Unforeseen
[Chapter 22] - Exoneration
[Chapter 23] - A Legend Enshrouded
[Chapter 24] - A Legend Extricated
Spin-Off Ideas

[Chapter 19] - Semester Anew

5K 238 147
Oleh RexCelestial

He stood upon and above a realm of stars beyond the horizon, his gaze casting all over the luminescent foundation that gave no source of light nor darkness, no life nor death.

There was no life to be thrived here nor would there be any foes to battle against yet this realm is not one out of the ordinary, the ground shimmers like a mirror and ripples form with each steps he took but he did not care for this mesmerising landscape.

There was no life yet in front of him stood another figure, her lightless eyes of magenta brushed over his limping form sporting a sleeveless top while his left arm remained dark like night.

Just like her own limbs, he noticed but paid no heed to it as he took in everything in front of him, a mysterious individual within this otherworldly plane of existence with the other creatures he had fought earlier before falling into this place.

Below them and within the moonless galaxy-like sea and waves swam a gargantuan creature as silent as the night but he paid no attention to the whale-like being as he began circling around the realm with the unknown woman following suit.

Despite his sudden intrusion into this realm, the woman paid no attention to that fact but only watched his every moves with an eerie unblinking gaze, she looked and felt human yet an aura of diluted bloodlust and foreign madness emanated from her entire being.

As much as he hates to admit it, the bloodlust itself felt addicting and intoxicating as his warped mind began running wildly with his abyssal arm seemingly twitching in agreement.

A single distorted howl rang from the cosmos and he striked.

His foot pushed against the liquid ground before he lunged into the air with his hands morphing into earthen claws as he fell towards the woman with the intent to kill.

He slammed into the shimmering ground as waves and ripples splashed from the impact, obscuring his surroundings but not the sensation of failing to rip his hands into flesh.

Seeing his first attack end in failure, he only turned around and from the corners of his eyes did he see the woman standing right behind him with a sword in hand and poised to cut.

For the briefest moment, there was nothing but silence which was then broken as he spun around with his claws reaching for the woman just before she swung down.

However, he failed to pierce through the mysterious woman once more as she seemingly vanished in a burst of wind and reappeared just a few feet away from him.

He did not relent as he charged straight at her, leaping right at her which she proceeded to vanish again and then appear behind him, prompting him to quickly redirect himself to swing his leg at her for a kick.

She not only possessed nigh impossible reflexes and reaction timing but also unbelievable speed which is only further enhanced by that foul energy seeping through her body and his own.

Before he could retract his fist which he had swung for another attack, the woman grabbed him by his neck and what remains of his top and then rapidly spun him around herself whereas her own fist came to meet his face as he spun back to face her.

The force behind her sudden strike was enough to make himself spin in the air continuously before he landed on his feet but only to see the woman strike with her blade.

Yet she was too far to properly hit him but as she swung her blade down, he felt the air around him bend and break to her strength as the wind and shockwave caused him to get blown back several bounds away from her and across this realm.

"All that power from beyond this world and you could not even touch me?"

Her words were like frozen icicles, piercing him as she contemptuously mocked his weakness and he knew she was goading him but he did not care as he allowed the wretched abyssal legacy of his take over his body as the swordswoman watched on without a reaction.

A primal urge began to bubble from within him and he let out a beastial roar that caused ripples to erupt from around his body, he felt his own consciousness drain away at each seconds he stood in this realm and he lunged once again.

His burst of speed caused the ground to crack like a mirror before he shot forward with a hand grasping tightly on Summit Shaper as he reeled his arm back for a strike of his own.

In a span of seconds within seconds, their blades collided and sparks showered from the impact as they held against each other, she was strong by all means and he was not weak by any means.

She fought with the grace and expertise like that of a certain blonde Valkyrie yet she was more ruthless, more cruel and almost sadistic in her attacks, aimed to prolong its victim's suffering and pain rather than quickly ending the fight.

He fought with the brutality and skills of a beast, fast and hard with strikes meaning to maim and kill, he was ruthless in his assault which is only fuelled on by his growing insanity that grew from the deepest recess of his mind and soul.

In terms of strengths and skills, she was far superior but he is capable of adapting fast, with a body forged and honed for unseen battles and made to absorb the martial knowledge like water.

It won't be long before they will be equals even if for the slightest moment as the woman held back the majority of her strength and he needed to catch up if he wants to win.

However in this realm and space, time was all but moving which means they have all the moments to themselves, dancing a deadly dance of blades and foreign powers.

Ultimately, he was losing and it was only natural.

His dulled golden blade slashed downwards again but the woman who stood in front of him just mere inches away only leaned to her side slightly before swiftly yet almost gently pushed her hand onto his still falling arm aside and away from her.

A small pillar of water erupted as he completely missed his target, she stood in the same place like nothing happened with only the ripples being the indication of any movements.

She swung again, he failed to intercept the attacks or even see it beyond more than a couple of flashes and quite abruptly, his chest was sliced through and his legacy cracked and crumbled.

There he laid on the shimmering surface with crimson ichor pooling around him as the woman approached his motionless form, her blade disappearing from her hand whereas a lightless eye swirling around the endless vortex of darkness materialised in its place.

He alone could feel the pull of the miniature event horizon, the light and space around the realm seemingly bending to its presence but not the woman, she held the void itself within the palm of her hand like it was nothing more than an inconvenience.

Whatever that thing was in her hand, it wasn't anything he know of but the aura emanating from its presence alone was familiar enough to briefly cause him to think back to his arm.

Without warning, the woman plunged her hand into his chest despite all the blood spewing onto her body, he felt pain, pain, PAIN as the void ripped apart his chest, twisting it apart as he felt his senses disappear, his voice ruptured from the sheer agony occurring at that moment.

Yet the woman did not care as she grasped his neck, effortlessly pulling him up into the air before she glanced back and then proceeded to throw him just as he heard another howl.

He saw nothing more than the gaping mouth of the narwhal with a lightless hole within its mouth as the realm disappeared around him and into the darkness that was another void.

=================================

(POV - 3RD)

(Y/N)'s eyes snapped open as he let out a small gasp, the sensations he had felt from that memory almost causing him to bolt up and summon his weapons out of sheer instinct.

However, he took a second to get a look at where he was before he finally remembered all those nightmares he had encountered was gone and left behind, the Einherjar remained lying within his bed as he slowly got up with a groan as he felt phantom pains all across his body.

"Did you get a nightmare? You were sweating quite a bit." A familiar voice asked as (Y/N) turned to see the same spectral girl floating next to him.

"...So you're still here..." He muttered whether in irritation or surprise, but he had yet to properly wake to actually differentiate his tones.

"Don't think I'll disappear that easily even after that stunt you did last night!" The girl huffed as she pouted at the memory.

Thankfully (Y/N) had held back the attack from Vortex Vanquisher otherwise the entire dormitory would have ended up as a pile of rubble and he for one, did not want to explain to the principal how and why the building is in ruins.

Still didn't stop his room from becoming a mess so it took a while for him to clean up before finally going to sleep for the night, but not until he had learned who the girl was.

"Truthfully, I had somewhat hoped you're just a figment of my imagination but I guess not, Guizhong or whoever you are." (Y/N) said, getting out of bed.

The spectral girl who had revealed herself to be THE Goddess of Dust that had accompanied Morax for thousands of years was nothing more than a shock to the new Geo Archon.

Similarly, Guizhong herself was in shock at the sight of (Y/N)'s very appearance who resembled that of the old blockhead that only knew violence and battles when she had first met him.

Although she should be dead by all means, both of them have no clues as to why she remained in this world, especially in this world and with (Y/N) being capable of seeing her.

Of course, both of them deduced that she may or may not be the real Guizhong but only a fragment of memories or soul left behind like spiritual entities born out of regret.

On the contrary, that did not seem to be the case but that's a story for another time.

He glanced at the clock which read just six in the morning with the sun rising over the horizon which casted a golden glow upon his room, (Y/N) then proceeded to get on the floor before repetitively performing push-ups as he woke himself up.

"Is this really necessary? You haven't eaten anything yet." Guizhong asked again but the Einherjar only continued.

"I'm just warming up, and I don't feel hungry at all." He replied, taking off his sleepwear before taking out a tracksuit from his wardrobe.

It's been several days since he's returned to classes and honestly? Everything felt like a breeze for him since he had no troubles soaking up all the lessons and lectures given by the teachers which thankfully meant he may pass the incoming exams without too much difficulty.

Though he hasn't ran into the girls he'd rescued from Nagazora but since he's in a completely different year than them which would undoubtedly be first years, he probably won't be seeing them as much until the exams comes just around the corner.

Since there was still time before the classes begin, he'll just get some exercises in to keep up with his training. However, he still cannot help but grimace at the numerous scars adorning his body with the most prominent one being in his central abdomen.

Exactly where that void was pushed into his body, the flesh around the spot had already mended itself but left behind a small grotesque twisted circular mark.

"Dear Archons... what caused these scars..?" Guizhong questioned with shock, her eyes looking upon all the marks on (Y/N)'s body.

"Training." He stated bluntly.

"T-training?! What kind of 'training' gives you these horrible marks?!" Guizhong exclaimed.

"My kind of training, anything else you'd like to add?." (Y/N) grumbled as he left for the kitchen.

"How about why exactly were you able to resonate so well with the Gnosis- not to mention; Gnoses made for the Geo Archon?" Guizhong inquired.

"Since you revealed yourself to be the Goddess of Dust, I had hoped you would have known, being Morax's brain while he's the brawn." The Einherjar answered.

"Well excuse me! I may have created most of Liyue's mechanisms but even I'm not privileged to know the laws of Celestia." She huffed.

"So these Gnosis are the creation of 'Celestia'?" (Y/N) asked.

"I would not have known, especially when I did not survive to see the aftermaths of the Archon War." Guizhong said quietly as (Y/N) stayed quiet.

He briefly thought back to that one dream he had, the crying visage of Morax as he sorrowfully embraced Guizhong's dying body, now he knows why she was dying in the first place.

War... no matter where or when, it never changes, his fate which ended in a battlefield only cemented that fact. The Archon sighed before he drained his cup and then donned a black track pant and a matching black t-shirt... which also hugged his body a bit too much.

"Yeah, I definitely need a wardrobe change..." He thought before leaving the dormitory.

...

The sun was already shining more brightly across the whole academy grounds and the silence that is accompanied by the occasional songs of morning birds permeated the area along with the repetitive and rhythmic footsteps of (Y/N) jogging through the pathways.

Following his silence was only the continuous breaths of air in and out as the Einherjar strapped weights with the mass of twenty kilograms on each of his limbs, giving himself a handicap to limit his body and increase its endurance and speed.

Not that it matters ever since he'd gained the abilities from that void but he shouldn't lag behind as long as he keeps up his training regimes to continually increase his stamina as well.

(Y/N) continued to jog around the campus before he finally made a turn to one of the outdoor gym equipment made for the more athletic Valkyrie trainees, it was a perfect substitute for the former since he had yet to purchase his own personal equipment.

Thankfully, the state of the gym equipment remained in a rather pristine conditions due to the academy's reputation and funds for their students. (Y/N) wasted no time before he began pulling himself up on one of the bars, relocating all the weights onto his ankles.

The Archon repeated the sets until he decided enough was enough before grabbing the bar across the one he'd grabbed, (Y/N) breathed in and then raised his horizontal body above the bars, performing the planche position as he held his stance without any trouble.

He kept his breathing steady and calm, in and out without pause, giving his body more oxygen and speeding up the flow of his blood throughout his entire body as he had not neglected what the old man had taught him about concentrating on his breathing patterns.

After several minutes of keeping his position on the bars, he quickly moved on to grabbing a pole and then once more, concentrated on both his body movements and positioning as well as his breathing techniques before pulling his entire body up to the side like a human flag.

Surprisingly, Guizhong had chose to not speak a word but (Y/N) assumed she knew for a fact that he wished to train undisturbed so the spectral goddess dismissed herself to wherever she goes when she isn't talking to the latter, probably a domain of hers within him or somewhere else.

"Hey, someone's walking towards you!" 

Well, except now.

"Excuse me, who are you and why are you on private properties?" A familiar voice questioned and the Einherjar opened his eyes.

Rather than dressed in her usual uniform and red rimmed glasses, Fu Hua donned a dark sports bra along with a matching sports shorts and shoes with a jacket tied around her waist as she stood in front of (Y/N), waiting for an answer with crossed arms.

"...Am I that unrecognisable?" (Y/N) asked in return with genuine curiosity.

"...Do I really know you?" Fu Hua refuted with genuine wonder.

"You're suppose to be the smart one out of all these nincompoops, how can you not tell?!?!" The Einherjar thought, dumbstruck and still keeping his form.

"Alright... we sparred against each several times and accidentally destroyed the area around us with craters and ruptured the ground which caused the principal to scold us personally."

"More than once." (Y/N) stated as the Class Monitor finally looked from reminiscent to surprised then to dumbstruck herself as she took a small step back.

"You... are (Y/N)..?" She asked again, this time with more dubiety as the Archon sighed.

"...There was a time I unintentionally called your physique as 'masculine' and you almost caved in my skull." (Y/N) said with a deadpan at that memory.

"...Nevermind, looks like I was mistaken... even though your growth is truly stunning." Fu Hua remarked as (Y/N) got down and the former peered at his physique.

"And you've... gotten taller, far taller than I last saw you." She added with slightly widened eyes as the Einherjar towered over her.

Said last time had them both at similar heights but since (Y/N)'s development within the void for over a year, his original height of 1.72m had increased significantly, growing him to 1.98m.

"I had time to spare and room for growth, I'd say it turned out pretty well." (Y/N) answered, shrugging as Fu Hua glanced at the exposed scars.

"Just what did you put yourself through..?" She thought with growing concern.

"Class Monitor? What's wrong?" (Y/N) asked, noticing the girl's silence.

"N-nothing, how long were you up before I met you?" Fu Hua questioned quickly, diverting the subject before it gets awkward.

"I've been up by six in the morning and took a jog around the academy grounds and city so about two hours and more?" The Einherjar said, looking at his phone.

"Then it should be the perfect time to get ready for the day, I hope you haven't been slacking off during the breaks." She responded.

"Not at all, should we head back now?" (Y/N) questioned, having enough exercises for the morning as Fu Hua followed in agreement.

"Sure, and for the record, (Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Don't call me masculine."

"...Understood." 

However, he doesn't remember calling her "masculine" just then? He was just referring to what happens in the past and she still took insult at that..? ...Women are complicated beings.

...

"By the way, Class Monitor..." (Y/N) suddenly asked.

"What is it?" Fu Hua responded.

"What is a 'gacha game'? I've heard that term several times over the break." The Einherjar asked as he then glanced at the girl, only for her to look off into the distance.

"C-class Monitor..?" (Y/N) called out unsurely at her demeanour.

"...You. Don't. Want. To. Know..." She stated with such hollowness in her tone that it actually made the Archon concerned at her sudden change.

"U-uhm... okay..??"

"Her expression reminds me of the survivors from skirmishes in the Archon War..." Guizhong remarked with a whisper.

"Is this 'gacha game' really that traumatising..?" (Y/N) questioned silently at Fu Hua's completely uncharacteristic behaviour while the spectral Goddess shrugged.

"KYAAAAAAAAA-"

Suddenly, a piercing shriek snapped both martial artists out their dazes as (Y/N) snapped his head to one of the buildings where the scream originated from, gearing up for a fight.

"Enemy attack?" He exclaimed seriously.

"Wait, I don't think so, it came from the Major's dormitory and knowing her tendencies... I think she accidentally inconvenienced her new roommates." Fu Hua answered.

 "New roommates?" (Y/N) asked as the Class Monitor replied.

"The three girls who were found alongside you... need I mention how dangerous it was for you to just look for books in the middle of a Honkai infested city?" 

"...It's useful books though..?" The Einherjar said back albeit meekly, preparing himself for the incoming lecture.

"A very horrible excuse nonetheless, had the Major not found you, you would be stuck there with zombies and beasts until you found a way out."

"But I went into Nagazora by myself and I could surely go out..." (Y/N) thought but chose not to speak lest he cause more trouble for himself.

"Furthermore, while I commend you for your efforts to grow stronger, I'm certain the academy would likely have resources that could help you as well." Fu Hua continued.

"That's true... but the books were mostly for my own fighting style..." (Y/N) refuted.

"If that's the case, what kind of style is it? Perhaps I could be familiar with it." Inquired the Class Monitor which the Einherjar responded.

"Soryū Style, it's a martial arts I've... picked up, I wasn't able to use it against you since I was still in the middle of learning it."

"Soryū..? Where exactly did you 'pick' it up? I don't think I've even heard of such style."

"I don't expect you to know it since it's quite... obscure." (Y/N) said as Fu Hua looked doubtful.

"If you say so with such confidence... then I won't spend time lecturing on what's done, but I will look forward to our next spar." She remarked.

"Then I'll be more than happy to oblige, but I suppose we both need to change before the classes starts." The Archon stated.

"Right, oh and do try to look dignified, St. Freya just received a new batch of trainees and you wouldn't want to be a bad role model, no?" Fu Hua said with a slight smirk.

"Oh, how absolutely lovely." (Y/N) stated with sarcasm dripping down his tone as the two parted ways with the Class Monitor chuckling.

=================================

Inside the other dormitory where a certain redhead Major resided, said woman had just gotten smacked from an irate Kiana after she screamed her lungs out as she awoken to the former sleeping right besides with a smooching face while reeking of alcohol.

"Stop invading my bed every time you're drunk!!!" Kiana screeched before getting cut off by a pillow smacking her own head, courtesy from Bronya.

"Shut up, Kiana-idiotka." She said with monotonous annoyance.

"HEY! I'm the victim here! And stop hitting my head with that pillow! It'll make me stupid!" The Kaslana yelled with equal agitation.

"Nyet, Bronya does not identify any possibility fur further mental degradation in Subject Kiana." The petite girl retorted, instantly roasting the tuna once more.

"GAH! WHY YOU LITTLE-!!" Kiana exclaimed heatedly, preparing to strangle Bronya who in turn readied her robotic companion.

Before the two could start their little brawl with Himeko as referee, the resident chef and Herrscher and Archon of Thunder called out to them from the kitchen.

"Everyone! Breakfast is ready~!" Mei announced as the trio stopped with their eyes literally sparkling from the anticipation.

"OKAY~!!" They chorused in return, all three of them rushing to the dining table where a standard Japanese breakfast set awaited their hungry maws.

...

As swiftly as Mei had cooked it, breakfast was over and the group of girls prepared for their new day of class, each wearing their respective uniforms which also somehow acted as Battlesuits for any battles in case of emergency or missions.

Kiana wore the "Ranger" uniform which complimented her dual-wielding ranged style of combat with twin handguns, providing lightweight mobility and armour that will allow the girl to move around the battlefield without the concerns of being chased frequently.

Mei wore the "Bladestrike" uniform which was fabricated to to deflect and absorb any attacks from sharp or blunt objects alike, similarly to Kiana's outfit, the former's uniform was also lightweight which can assist the girl in avoiding close-ranged attacks quickly.

Bronya wore the "Chariot" uniform which differed from the previous two girls' own outfits due to her unique circumstances that have the former sport several mechanical features on her clothing. The entire uniform was also modified to better suit Bronya's choice of walking normally on her two legs despite the disability.

"We're off to class!"

"This will be your first exam after enrolling just a week ago, don't let me down." Himeko stated, a can of beer in her hand as she saw them off.

"Hah! Just wait for the good news!!" Kiana said boisterously with confidence.

"Is she... drinking beer?" Mei question to herself, looking at what appears to be an unprofessional act of a supposed teacher.

"Seeing how nonchalant she appears... guess this isn't the first time she's done this, most likely wouldn't be the last." Makoto remarked inside her mind.

"Right..." Mei whispered with a sweatdrop, having once been taught by multiple professional teachers who did everything to the books, Himeko was certainly a new sight.

"Major Himeko, you still need to report for duty." A bespectacled woman ordered, somehow standing behind the redhead without a sound who spat out her beer.

"Ah shit, here we go again." She grumbled while coughing.

 Meanwhile, the trio of girls made their way through the looming halls of the academy with one certain tuna humming without a single worries in the world as her friends followed.

"Kiana, do you recall much of what the exams will test us on? I don't think I've seen you revising much..." Mei asked with concern.

"It's fine, it's fine~! How hard can the stupid exam be? I'll ace through it!" She declared confidently, turning the corner only to smack into something.

"Watch where you're going, Idiotka." Bronya snarked by the side.

"Shaddup! Who's the jerk who hit... me..." Kiana exclaimed, turning her head up only to trail from the individual who stood in front of them.

Taller than all of them by several centimetres, (Y/N) stood in front of them with a visage of impassiveness and slight surprise as his golden-amber eyes bore down at them as he was donned in his own uniquely designed uniform known as "Hunter".

"IT'S YOU!?" Kiana shouted.

"IT'S HIM!!" Makoto shouted as well, almost causing Mei to lurch forward at the sudden call.

"W-what..?" The ex-heiress questioned.

"I recognise that stone-face anywhere even if he doesn't look exactly the same! He's Morax's successor and heir!" The former Thunder Archon stated.

"R-really? But his eyes aren't... white..?" Mei questioned once more only to pause as she saw the boy's black pupils briefly flash brightly.

Whether it was a trick of the light or not, she wouldn't know just yet.

"Is Subject (Y/N) also going to class?" Bronya asked as the two girls broke out of their daze with the said boy briefly responding but positively.

"Correct, though I need to get going now, but I will wish you luck in your exams." 

"Luck? I don't need that, I'm already an uber-genius~!" Kiana said, waving off his words.

"...If you say so but do know that false bravado does not suit you." (Y/N) refuted lightly.

"You should ask him about the Archons and what it means to hold a Gnosis." Makoto whispered as the ex-heiress suddenly felt anxious.

"N-now? We have class!" Mei whispered.

"Ah... then it can't be helped, ask him at whatever available date there is." Makoto then relented, knowing how important education is.

"False... bravado..? What does that mean..?" Kiana muttered to herself as the Einherjar walked off to his own classroom.

"Subject (Y/N) meant that Kiana is an I-D-I-O-T-K-A." Bronya translated smoothly.

"HEY!" The Kaslana exclaimed in irritation before they proceeded to arrive at their own class, the written schedules of the Valkyrie Exams posted on the board.

From all around them stood girls with similar uniforms as they all fussed around and panicked at the prospect of attending the coming exams.

"What if I get a question I never saw before..! What if-!" One whispered in growing panic.

"...I remember nothing except that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell..." Another one said dejectedly with a gloomly aura surrounding her.

"Who knew the next exam is just like that cat peeking around the door?! This is horrible..!" 

"Kiana, aren't you worried at all? This must be tougher for transfer students." One friendly trainee asked the said girl who smirked in return.

"I'm a natural born genius! These exams will hardly be a challenge for my abilities!" She boasted once again only to be interrupted by another voice.

"Confidence doth confer strength, Kiana but the Valkyrie Trials are not to be dismissed lightly as the ancient saying goes; 'pride goeth before a fall'." Fu Hua said, ignoring the squeals around her.

"Oh! It's Fu Hua-senpai!"

"She's always so elegant and dashing~!" 

However, Kiana was not impressed by the girl's sudden intrusion and advice.

"What..? Who the hell does she think she is anyway..?" She murmured, her brain failing to compute the words the Class Monitor had just said.

"Is she even speaking English just like that weirdo (Y/N)?" She thought before huffing, remembering what the Einherjar said.

"False bravado my ass... I know that!" Kiana declared with her hands on her hips.

"Apologies then, I've spoken out of turn." Fu Hua replied earnestly before Mei walked up to her with a question regarding a certain someone.

"Excuse me, Class Monitor, do you happen to know someone called (Y/N)?" 

"(Y/N)? I do indeed, whatever is the issue?" Fu Hua asked in return.

"Do you know when he is free? I have a question to ask only him." Mei said as the former hummed, thinking back before answering.

"While I'm not too familiar with his timetable, we do occasionally spar with each other, or perhaps you can catch him in the academy workshops where he'll forging equipment."

"I understand, thank you."

"Not at all."

=================================

Later on, after countless written tests which caused the girls and others to probably lose their brain cells like in every single examinations, it was time for the physical test of the Valkyrie Trials which simulations of enemies are manifested for teams to eliminate.

"Squad V! Please enter the arena!" The PA announced as the girls made their way in.

"Here we go!" Kiana muttered eagerly as she placed her fingers on the triggers.

"You'll be facing a simulated enemy of this trial, are you all ready?"  The announcer asked as they all nodded their heads.

On cue, a large figure appeared in the arena resembling that of a heavily armed and armoured gorilla which fragmented the ground with every steps it took.

"BEGIN!"

As soon as the PA issued the start, Kiana dashed forward with incredible speed before whipping both her handguns out and then opened fire on the simulation with rapid repetitions.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

However, the bullets bounced off its armour before the enemy itself charged at them, the trio then dodged and spread out in different directions, forcing the enemy to choose its targets.

"NEKO STRIKE!" Kiana shouted as she abandoned her guns before swinging a literal chainsaw greatsword at the simulation.

Unfortunately, it still wasn't enough as the enemy blocked the attack with its thick arms before grabbing Kiana and then proceeded to smack her back across the battlefield.

"GAH!? That hurts you asshole!" She exclaimed, getting up from the ground as the beast charged at her again only to run into Bronya and Project Bunny.

"Project Bunny: DEFENSE." She commanded as a forcefield appeared in front of her and the robot just as the simulated enemy threw a fist forward, causing a shockwave as the fist collided.

"Now!" Makoto advised.

Fortunately, Mei was right behind the enemy with its whole back wide open which allowed the swordswoman to flank around and slice into the legs swiftly as the weight of its own body caused it to fall onto its back, immobilising it.

This time, Kiana knew it was her chance to shine and attack as she leapt into the air with a "Neko Jump", the chainsaw in her hands revving up as she swung down with all her might, bisecting the giant enemy into two.

As quickly as it began and end, the Valkyrie Trial was over for them.

"HAHA! That was easy!" Kiana exclaimed with a grin, ignoring a scowling Bronya.

"Kiana-Idiotka almost messed up had it not been for Project Bunny." She said but the Kaslana only waved off the petite girl's concerns.

"Yeah, yeah, who cares? We definitely passed! You'll see in two days!" She stated.

"Indeed, let's just wait for the results and hope for the best."

"Also hope that you have enough time to find (Y/N)." Makoto added with the ex-heiress nodding in agreement.

"Bronya determines that we are doomed..." The little Russian sighed dejectedly as Mei gave her a pat on the head.

"We'll see soon enough..." She said.

=================================

Another chapter done! And the story is finally kicking off and that image above with the MC in the uniform is one of my most tediously edited image btw. The original image was found on Danbooru with credits going to zt671082, I got nothing more to say other than I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

40.3K 1K 25
This Story is heavily Inspired by : @ReusKrispies Im Following the main story here, and maybe some flashback chapter too This is a story about a youn...
200 8 1
You're a fallen Celestian being and end up on the lands of Tevyat. Only to be captured and abused by an organization called "The Fatui". They crave y...
227K 5.9K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
51.1K 1.8K 62
In a world on the brink of Honkai domination, the fate of Earth hinges on the formidable Valkyries. These extraordinary warriors are the last line of...