The Gypsy Beauty

By _FirstEdition_

A Peaky Blinder adventure full of twists and turns, fights, love and heartbreak... Scarlett 'Letty' Hayes is... More

They're Back.
New Barmaid.
Inspector Campbell.
Ada's Pregnant?
I'd Never Break Your Heart.
Tommys Office.
Billy Kimber.
You Used Me.
Done.
We've Been Done Over!
Excuse Me?
Arranged.
Arthur Shelby Senior.
Black Star.
Shot.
Pub Explosion.
Family Meeting.
Alfie Solomon.
Polly's Birthday.
Boxing Ring.
Garrison Reopening.
Michael.
A Thousand Guineas On A Horse?
Auction.
Arthur's In Prison!
Derby.
Wedding Invitation.
Wedding.
No Fucking Fighting!
Russian Business.
Peakys Vs. Calvary.
You Sure You Want To Go Back?
Ah, You See I Missed You.
Factory.
Angel Changretta.
Charity Foundation Dinner.
Separate Meetings.
Mrs Changretta.
Back To London.
Stag.
Daddy's Home.
Alfie's In Birmingham.
Grace Shelby Institution.
Accusations.
You Crossed A Line!
Father Hughes.
Arrested.
Hang.
Christmas 1925.
John!
I'll Play Nice...For Now.
I'll Never Let Go. I Promise.
The Coin Toss Is Sacred.
I'm What?
You Think I'm Scared Of You?
What Were You Thinking?
I Got Three.
Goliath Vs. Bonnie.
Tell Him You Don't Mess With The Peaky Blinders.
In Labour.
Voting.
Wall Street Stock Exchange.
That Will Never Beat For Anyone Other Than You.
Oswald Mosley.
Ballet.
Old Fashioned Razor Gang.
Did Barney Kill Mosley?
Epilogue.
Bonus Chapter. I Do.

Sabini's Club.

994 24 0
By _FirstEdition_

Tommys POV

"Letty!" I call up to her window as I wait by the car with Arthur and John. A few moments later, her window opens and she leans her head out. "What?" She asks, like we disturbed her. "Are we interrupting something?" Arthur asks, smirking at her. "What do you want?" She asks instead of answering. "Grab your jacket and cap. You're coming to London." I tell her and she nods, closing her window.

I light another cigarette as we wait, making small talk before she steps out of the house, sorting out her cap. "Are you wearing anything under that jacket?" Arthur asks her and she smirks, opening her jacket to reveal she's wearing a short white feather dress. "Well?" She asks and we all nod, taken aback by how sexy she looks. "You look sexy, baby." John tells her and she smirks, climbing into the car as we all follow behind her.

******

Half way to London, I pull the car over to the side of the road, putting it in park. Arthur, Letty and John look at me in confusion as I get out before they all follow behind me. The three of them look around, taking in the countryside. "I love it. You know Esme was right about one thing. You can't beat the countryside." Arthur says serenely. "You know, I wanna live in the country one day and keep chickens." He tells us.

"Yeah, yeah, Arthur, we'll see you in London." John nags, sharing a look with Letty. I pull a blanket out from the trunk, revealing a dead body. "Oh for fucks sake." John says, his voice muffled from his cigar. "Who the fuck is that?" Letty asks as we look at the body. "Don't worry about that. Listen, we need to bury him." I say as I start pulling shovels out from the car.

"Is that the 'Irish business' you said you were taking care of on your own?" Letty asks me as she gives me a knowing look. "Yes. It was better I dealt with it on my own." I tell her. "This isn't one of the ones mentioned at the Black Loin, is it?" She asks and I say nothing, only hold out a shovel towards her. "Oh, for fucks sake, Tommy." She groans, shaking her head as she sits back inside the car.

"Hey! Get your sexy ass back out here and help us." John tells her and she shakes her head. "Nope. I'm staying in the car." She says simply, lighting a cigarette. "Eh, no, you're not love. You're gonna pick up one of these shovels and start digging with us." I tell her calmly but firmly. "Aww, what a shame. It's lucky your two henchmen are here." She says smirking.

"So you're okay with shooting someone but you're not okay with burying a dead body?" Arthur asks her as we start digging. "Oh, I'm fine with it. I just can't be bothered." Letty tells him. "And why not?" He questions. "My legs are sore." She says and we all stop digging and look at her. She sees us looking and rolls her eyes. "I was walking round all of Small Heath yesterday with Polly." She explains but I don't believe her. When she climbed in the car earlier, I saw a glimpse of a bruise.

"We still going to London, aren't we?" Arthur asks me. "We bury him first then the holiday begins!" I say, looking over at Letty who's in her own world. Once we finish burying the body, I went and sat next to Letty who spares me a glance. "You sure nothing happened last night?" I ask her. "What'd you mean?" She asks and I nod to her legs.

"You said they were sore and I saw the bruise on your leg." I say carefully and she pulls her dress down more. "I have a bruise because I bashed into the kitchen table yesterday." She says quickly and I nod but I still don't believe her. "Arthur! John! Get a move on, we need to go!" She shouts out and they look at with a tired glare making her smirk. "Come on, my boys, hurry up!" She says.

"Oi! We're coming." Arthur says as he throws the shovels into the back. "A Peaky Blinder holiday. What could be better?" Letty says making us all smirk. "Nothing love. Holiday!" I yell. "Holiday!" They all cheer as I set off again, our destination still set on London.

******

A club, sparkling in gold and pouring with upbeat music and laughter filled the air when we arrive. We all stood proud and tall, a 'take no shit' attitude on our faces that us and the rest of the world had come to know the Shelby name by. We walk inside the club, taking in our surroundings, seeing couples making out. Other people dancing and some just talking quietly at their tables.

"Is this place meant to a club or a place to find sex?" Letty asks sarcastically. We can also see people snorting drugs and others fucking on tables. "It's a freak show, that's what it is." Arthur says with a grin. "What the fuck is that racket?" He asks. "This is what they call music these days, brother." I say. "Music?" Arthur scoffs. "It's bursting my fucking eardrums." Letty says as Arthur nods in agreement.

We head straight towards a table, seeing a woman giving a man a handjob. "Oi. Oi!" I call making them look up at me in shock. "Put it away." I tell the man. "Fuck off!" John yells at them making them scramble away from the table. We take our seats around it, Letty in the middle of us. "Fucking look at this place, eh. It's alright, ain't it?" John says, grinning. "Irish whiskey! A bottle." I say to a waiter. "And hurry up!" Arthur tells him as he runs of to find a bottle and Arthur sits down.

"Fucking hell." John mutters glancing behind him. "I recognise a few of these lads." He says. "That's Sabini's cousins over there." Arthur says hesitantly. "That's right Arthur, this is Sabini's club." I say as Letty's eyes snap to my own. "The fuck we doing in Sabini's club for?" She asks.

"Jesus Christ, everybody in here is a fucking face." John says as he looks at the people around us. "Just the left lieutenants, John. No sign of the officers." I say calmly. "Alright. Let's line em' up!" John says as the waiter brings us a bottle and glasses before quickly making haste. "Holiday." John cheers happily as he pours the drinks.

"Holiday!" Letty and Arthur repeat but is cut short as a bartender comes up to us with a smile, a man behind him. "Gentlemen and Lady." He smile at Letty, one that she didn't return. "There's been a mistake. I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave." He says calmly, as Arthur glances at the hand on his back.

"We just brought a fucking bottle." John tells him, gesturing towards the bottle and the glasses of whiskey in front of us. "Some of the men here recognise you from the racetracks in the north." He went on. "Yeah, we get that a lot!" Arthur grumbles, glancing at me.

"They say you have no business coming south of the line without prior agreement." He says. "And what would that be, my friend?" I say, spinning my glass in my hand. "They say this is provocation." The bartender says. "Oh, did they? Well, how about you run along and tell them to come tell us that their damn selfs." Letty says firmly, clearly intimidating the bartender making us smirk. "Yeah. You tell him we're on holiday." I add, picking up my glass. "You are breaking the rules. They say you are Peaky Blinders." He says nervously.

"I don't remember seeing a huge fucking sign saying 'the Peaky Blinders aren't welcome here'." Letty says sarcastically making John chuckle. "Peaky scum!" Someone yells out, throwing a glass bottle at our table and it smashes against the lamp. "Right!" I yell standing up.

Arthur, Letty and John follow me as people run towards us and before we knew it, everyone is punching everyone. Most women run the other way, screaming terrified but Letty doesn't budge as she takes on men twice her size. Me, Arthur and John throw men across the room and were shoved into walls ourselves.

"You Shelby woman are all whores!" A man shouts and I see Letty glare before she punches the man in the nose, his nose bleeding on impact. "Who the fucks next?!" Arthur yells, clearly loving the fight. We kept going, neither of us giving up until a gunshot rings out. Arthur drops the ice bucket he was beating a man with. "Put some ice on it." He says, chuckling as Letty smirks.

"Get out." The bartender says pointing the gun at us. But us Peaky Blinders aren't afraid of a gun. We aren't really afraid of anything except losing each other. "Yeah?" I question as I step forward, the bartender looks scared even though he's the one holding the gun. "You gonna use that?" I ask, stepping closer again.

The man makes no sign of shooting us. "Didn't think so." I say confidently. "We came here not to make enemies, no! But we came here to make friends!" I declare as I see John kissing Letty, smirking as he looks down at her. "Those of you who are last will soon be first. And those of you who are downtrodden will rise up, yup. You know where to find us." I say, grabbing our bottle of whiskey, beginning to walk out.

We walk past a man who goes to get up, but Letty slams her knee into his face, knocking him out cold. We leave into the night, beaten and bloody but not broken, smiles plastered onto our faces. "I think I may have lost a tooth. I will have none at this rate!" Arthur says feeling his face as he laughs. "Hmm, the toothless look might just suit you yet, Arthur." Letty jokes as she laughs. "Say it with a straight face, Scar! Some fucking holiday this is." He says.

"Yeah. You alright without your fucking medicine now, Arthur?" I ask. "Here, this will fix ya." I say as I put the bottle in Arthur's hands. "Give me that!" He says happily. "Eh, John boy? Tell Esme no more talk of chickens, do you hear me?" I say seriously. "Fuck the chickens!" Arthur yells as he passes the bottle to Letty, who takes a swig and then passes it to John.

"Aye, Scar look at me." Arthur says as he stops walking and sees the damage done. A cut trials down her lip along with a cut above her perfectly shaped eyebrow. "Fucking hell." I mutter. "She gave as good as she got, didn't ya girl?" Arthur says and she nods. "Definitely." She says firmly.

"Now, I've got fifty quid burning a hole in my pocket. Let's paint the town, eh?" I question. "Woop, woop!" John and Letty start cheering making me smirk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 10.3K 68
"I do bad things. But you already know that." ~ Thomas Shelby A tragic misunderstanding. A murder. A secret. An unlikely partnership. When the disapp...
634 35 7
Vivienne Margaret Dupree was born to Noah Samuel Dupree a known fighter who had a betting problem. She has one sister and brother and a very optimist...
278K 8.1K 54
Aurelia Cruz is a well respected club owner and madame in London, but she has things she holds very sacred and sacred things that hold her. Thomas Sh...
378K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...