The Vampire's Fated

By Roannahinks85

I have stayed in the shadows for the last fifteen years watching her. Craving her, wanting her to be mine. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 36

197 6 0
By Roannahinks85

LENA

All my memories flooded like that. Every so often, Emmett appeared in my life throughout. But he took all memories away when it became hard for him.

The second time I saw him was on the beach with friends two years after the attack. I was twelve or thirteen. The Police put the attack down to a home invasion gone wrong and I was lucky to survive it. I did what Mike told me, that's what I thought.

Emmett appeared and only talking to me, nothing else. He asked me how I was, acting like we were friends for years. We talked about various things until he left and told me to forget about him again.

It happened every two years. He would show up. He even became my teacher at one stage. Staying for six months, and even became my tutor. Nothing ever happened. He would care for me. He made me feel safe and then he would leave.

When I turned nineteen, it happened again, but it was different. He was different.

Like before, it was like a motion picture running through me. Every memory that disappeared came flooded back and I was on the sidelines watching it all unfold once again.

FLASHBACK

Looking at myself in the mirror, I twirled around and smiled. It was my birthday party. Whitney and Sasha, my friends since high school, were throwing me a birthday party when they realized I hadn't had any parties since the last one, which was when I was ten.

Mum wanted to celebrate the fact that I had hit double numbers. We had all my friends there.

Staring at myself in the mirror, when Whitney gasps. "Lena," she said, coming up to me. "You look gorgeous."

I smiled.

"You think?" I said, looking at her.

Whitney smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you do," she said. "You never know, you might find someone tonight." Pulling a face, I knew that would not happen. Everyone who was coming had things for Sasha and Whitney more than me. I was the one who tagged along with them.

"Come on," Whitney said with a sigh. "Everyone's downstairs. They are waiting for the birthday girl."

I nodded, stepping away from the mirror, and headed toward the door. I followed Whitney down to the lounge, where everyone was.

Music erupted, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Whitney led me to the dance floor, grabbing a drink when someone walked past with two. We danced in the middle.

After a while, I wandered off and headed to the stairs. Looking around, my eyes landed on the girls who were with men. I watched them for a moment, craving what they wanted.

Wanting to escape, I walked back to my room and closed the door. As much as I was happy they did the party, my heart felt heavy. It always did when it came to special occasions. My mind always went to my parents and Mike, wishing they were here with me. Wondering what each of them would be like or doing. Mike had his whole life ahead of him.

I walked over to my bed and sat down. I moved up the bed till I leaned against the headboard, grabbing my teddy and placing it to my chest. There were a few photos in my room. I shared a house with Whitney and Sasha, but when everything happened with my family, I was placed with a family friend. We took what I could and everything else went into storage. When I was old enough to leave and live on my own, everything from my family home came with me.

My eyes went to the photo of the four of us when the door opened and the most handsome man came in. He looked up at me but stopped. "Sorry, darling," he said. "I was looking for the bathroom."

"There is one two doors down from this one," I murmured, keeping my eyes on him. He was drop-dead handsome, something out of a vogue magazine. "Or I have one in there."

I pointed to the door at the foot of the bed. The man stepped inside and closed the door behind him. "If it is okay with you if I use this one," he said, walking to the bathroom. "There is a long line and I can't wait."

I nodded and gave him a small smile.

The man walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I watched the door for a few minutes until he came out and looked at me when he stepped outside. "Thank you," he said, looking at me and walking toward the door. "You're a lifesaver."

I giggled and leaned back against the headboard.

"No worries," I said, looking at the photo again.

The man stops and stares at me. He says nothing for a few moments until he clears his throat. I look at him with a frown. "Sorry," he said, turning to face me. "You're the birthday girl. Shouldn't you be at your birthday party?"

I stared at him but didn't know what to say to him. Shrugging, the man walked closer to me and sat on the edge of the bed. "You can tell me, darling," he murmured, touching my leg.

Tingles rippled through me, but I kept my eyes on him.

"What is going in that pretty head of yours?" he asked, making me huff out.

"Pretty head," I said, moving my head. "I'm not pretty, and as for my birthday, I don't really want to celebrate it. It's complicated."

The man stared at me briefly when the corners of his lips curled up into a grin. "Oh, you're pretty," he said. "I find you beautiful."

My eyes widened.

"As for your birthday," he said. "Tell me everything."

I frowned.

"Don't you have someone down there waiting for you?" I asked, but he shook his head. "Nope, I was looking for a pretty girl, and I found her."

My heart spiked at the last statement. He must be lying. Why would he want to be with me?

There was something about him that made me feel safe and at ease. I explained everything to him. He said nothing and let me talk. After an hour, he even told me his name—Emmett, when I realized I didn't know it. He laughed and was happy to tell me.

After a few hours, he sat beside me with my head on his shoulder, reading me a story. I felt my eyes drift off. I liked his voice; it soothed me. I had trouble sleeping then, but I was happy when he spoke.

Emmett whispered close to me. "I should go," he said, opening my eyes and pulling back. I didn't want him to leave.

"Please don't," I whispered. "Stay,"

Emmett was close to me. His eyes darted to my lips and then back to my eyes. I wanted him to kiss him.

Emmett leaned toward me, and I followed, placing my lips on his. This was my first kiss and I was having it with him. It was gentle.

FLASHBACK ENDS

That kiss was my first? Why did I think—" Then it all came crashing around me, and the flashback hit a new time high. I watched him take all my firsts that night. He was gentle with me. Only when he finished, he wiped my memory away again, only telling me I had an amazing night with another guy.

After that, he left, and I passed out.

Emmett was a huge part of my life, but why didn't he tell me?

The way I felt about him before, him feeling so familiar to me. I knew who he was. My body and mind were fighting against one another when it came to him. I knew him.

Another flashback came and went. It was like watching more of us together and all my life's highs and lows. But one memory that came took me back to when I sold my paintings.

FLASHBACK

Looking at the computer scene in shock, that was a lot of money. My eyes darted to my little collection that I put up to sell. I had made them to sell; I was low on funds. But here, the person who just bought them just bought all five paintings for ten thousand dollars.

A message came up. "I will come by and pick them up," it read. "In the next few minutes, if you are there."

I sent the person a message agreeing.

Moving from the computer, I packaged up all the paintings and made sure not to damage them. Once they were done, I heard a knock at the door and smiled. I walked over to the door and opened the door, and there was the person with the most handsome smile.

"Lena," he rasped, holding his hand out to me. I took it, only to feel tingles rippling through me. I let go and smiled. "Yes," I said. "Emmett?"

Emmett nodded and smiled.

Damn, he had a perfect smile.

I stepped aside and let him in. He walked in and spotted the paintings. He smiled and walked over to them, only stopping when he saw my unfinished one on the stand. "Another one," he said, looking over at me.

I nodded.

"I don't know if I am selling it, though," I said. "I need to finish it."

Emmett walked over and looked at it. His eyes widened and looked back at me. "You're one talented painter."

I smiled.

"Thank you," I said. "I started painting when I was fifteen in school... I found it therapeutic."

Emmett nodded. "If you want to sell it," he said, stepping away and stopping near me. My eyes stayed on him. "I will take it off your hands."

I arched my eyebrows up. "Really?" I asked, looking at the canvas. "I will let you know."

"Here's my card," he said, making me look at him.

Emmett smiled.

I took the card and grinned.

FLASHBACK ENDS

More memories flooded through, more with him in my life.

More of them were many more senses about certain things that happened in my life, and I had no explanation for some things, only what he told me to think.

The need to wake up was all I could think. I wanted to wake up and see Emmett, ask him why he took my memories away. Why not let me live with him?

Why not let me be close to him?

Every question was like the last, but that was all my mind could do.

My body was not having it. I willed for my eyes to open, willing to see Emmett and my friends again. But my body felt heavy, like lead. I couldn't move.

More memories that he took came again, and all I could do was watch.

Sending more prayers to whoever could hear me. Let me come back. I need to be back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 41.9K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
11.5M 318K 34
"Will you be mine?" he asked me in a husky voice. I stared at him apprehensively for a moment, thinking over his proposal carefully before finally se...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
2.3K 21 41
Leaving one pack to join another. My family life was never perfect. I actually couldn't remember a time when it was good. I always wished I would mee...