Heat | JAEHYUN [...]

By Dozennie127

Hate runs harder and faster than any other emotion. With one death, two families were torn apart. Except when... More

↯Characters (I)
↯Characters (II)
↯1
↯2
↯3
↯4
↯5
↯6
↯7
↯8
↯9
↯10
↯12
↯13
↯14
↯15
↯16
↯17
↯18
↯19
↯20

↯11

101 7 1
By Dozennie127

Jaehyun: What do you mean escaped?

Iseul: He was not there when i walked in. And i searched every single cctv. I think he had help, because our cameras blacked out for a good two minutes.

Jaehyun wasn't too angry. Not when he knew his father was getting suspicious of him, because he was not participating in any of the missions. All the causes of him being so hung upon this case. 

Jaehyun: Fine... forget it.

He turned the other way while massaging the back of his neck. But when he turned he saw his father's brother staring right at him. The elder motioned Jaehyun to enter another room which he hesitated to do but still followed his uncle into the conference room.

Uncle Jeong: What did I just hear?

Jaehyun: Uncle, he was only getting on my nerves-

Uncle Jeong: And did you think what you will say or do when your father hears of you getting hostages without his knowledge? You know that eventually he will know.

Jaehyun: You wouldn't tell him... would you?

Uncle Jeong: ... I will not. But don't pull this shit again. You know he is not very fond of you Jae. 

Jaehyun: Yes I know... to him only Daeri exists.

The elder's eyes softened and he placed a hand on Jaehyun's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. But that feeling didn't last long.

Uncle Jeong: And I know what you're doing with Mina.

Jaehyun's eyes widened and he quickly looked away.

Uncle Jeong: Drop it Jaehyun.

Jaehyun: Uncle I can't. You know what happened to Mom and you know that's not okay-

Uncle Jeong: What you're doing isn't okay either. And Segyeong is doing better. Maybe its time you go visit your mother.

The male let out a shaky breath, slowly realizing what his uncle was implying.

Jaehyun: Are you trying to send me away from here?

Uncle Jeong: Don't get the wrong idea Jaehyun. Its not only me who knows that you're digging this. Even your father does. And before he raises his control over this, I want you to be away. 

Jaehyun: Uncle-

Uncle Jeong: Its for your well being Jae.

Jaehyun only shook his head, unable to understand the situation.

Jaehyun: How? How is it good for me? Do you know who actually did it? It wasn't dad was it?

Uncle Jeong: No...

Jaehyun: Was it Doyoung's dad?

He pursed his lips and Jaehyun let out a groan, looking away.

Jaehyun: Did I know Doyoung? ... before Mina's father's death?

Uncle Jeong: Briefly. You were good friends for a few months before he moved away.

So he said the truth to me...

Jaehyun: And... Do I really need to go?

Uncle Jeong: Its better than triggering your father.

Jaehyun: How long do i need to be away for?

Uncle Jeong: A month? Maybe two...

---

Mina: Can you help me? 

Haechan tucked his phone away and finally held the cover while Mina filled in her supplies. They thanked the cashier before leaving the shop.

Haechan: Why did I have to come? What if I get tailed again?

Mina: Yah, you are just making up excuses now. Its been more than a week. Aren't you moving back to your place?

He sank further into his seat and tsked.

Haechan: I can't fight in case I get ambushed again.

Mina: This is why I had told you, you need to take training for combat as well.

Haechan: yeah yeah... i don't listen big deal. You're there no? To protect me.

Mina: Wah this kid...

She scoffed and in response he only played music in the car, staying silent for the rest of the ride. It was all well and peaceful while they loaded out the monthly supply from Mina's car and walked to the apartment lifts. 

Though someone else walked out of the lift in a hurry, bumping into Haechan who cursed out, but the stranger was already brisk walking away in a hurry.

Haechan: What an ass.

Mina's eyes furrowed but she brushed off the weird feeling. Only for her to learn to trust her instinct, as they walked in to her apartment and digested its condition. 

Haechan's bag dropped to the floor and she heard something break but it wasn't in her concern. What had caught her attention was her entire apartment turned upside down. 

Haechan: Please tell me that's not my underwear hanging on the fan...

Mina looked at him with NO amusement lighting up her face. He just chuckled awkwardly and quickly grabbed his piece of clothing, throwing it behind some rubble.

Haechan: Now what?

He asked while nudging the broken table on the floor with his foot. Her phone suddenly was bombarded with messages and she glanced at them realizing it was the apartment chat, complaining about noise from her apartment.

Mina: Now... I'll ask uncle what to do and get someone to clear this out. 

Haechan suddenly laughed and held up his laptop with a big smile.

Haechan: This thing survived. 

He kissed the device but Mina didn't have the heart to laugh at his stupid actions. She was a bit too busy worrying about the threat that she read on one of her personal chats from a personal number.

UNKNOWN NUMBER

Stop trying...
You'll never find the killer.

...

Uncle Lee: Why didn't you tell me that he was in trouble?

Mina: I didn't want to burden you...

The elder sighed, giving Mina a disapproving look.

Uncle Lee: So you did see me cry.

She decided not to speak on it.

Mina: I don't know what you're talking about.

Uncle Lee: Fine. But that's not a good enough excuse to keep this information from me especially when it could cost you, your lives. And you can't go back to that apartment-

Mina: Uncle.

He pursed his lips, knowing Mina won't let that place go because it belonged to her mother and father among many other homes. 

Uncle Lee: Does it not remind you of them?

Mina: I like that place. It feels like home.

Uncle Lee: Okay... keep it...

Mina: I'll take care of that matter so don't mind that. 

Uncle Lee: Alright. But for now, stay with Taerin. And ask Haechan to go to Taeyong's place-

The door to his office opened and Mark entered, dressed in clothes he would wear when travelling. His eyes widened when he met Mina's.

Mark: Noona... what are you doing here?

She told him the entire thing with his eyes widening at every word.

Mark: What?! And why didn't you tell me?!

Mina: I can take care of myself. But where are you going?

At that his words faltered and he avoided his sister's eyes. So Mina looked at her uncle who smiled a little.

Mina: Lee Minhyung. Answer me.

Mark: cadjsdn.

Mina: What?

Mark: cadajas.

Mina: Speak louder Mark.

Mark: Canada. I'm going to Canada.

The female looked at her uncle who just shrugged.

Uncle Lee: He wanted a break from Korea and wanted to take care of a deal that was long due in Canada.

Mina, who knew of the specific deal, squinted her eyes at her uncle.

Mina: He can't handle that on his own.

Uncle Lee: He can. Now... both you and Haechan should move to the twin's houses respectively. And keep me updated of any abnormalities from now on.

...

Mina: We're here.

Haechan: Here? Taeyong hyung's place? Of all of them here?

Mina: Yes.

Haechan: Ah why??

Mina: Stop whining Haechan... you need to be safe, especially when you have been followed around again. And Uncle also agrees that its best for you to be with Tae.

Haechan: I can't, noona. We can just go back to your place.

Mina: Yah... I'm still trying to find someone to clear it out.

Haechan: I can help!

She just smacked his head and he rubbed it with a sulky face.

Haechan: Fine... But what about you? You're going back?

Mina: Why do you think I brought my own suitcase?

Haechan: You're staying here too?

Mina: No. I'm going to Taerin's place. 

Haechan: So... you're leaving me here? And you're not going to Mark hyung?

Mina let out a small smile and shook her head. She wanted to tell him, but Mark did ask to let Haechan figure it out himself. So petty.

Haechan: You'll come in with me, right?

Mina: Not today. I'll come see you two tomorrow. I need go drop my stuff off and attend a deal. I'll see you later, okay?

He reluctantly nodded and shouldered his bag before heading to the big house owned by the eldest cousin. Sighing, Mina got back into her car and headed to her sister's house, contemplation running through her head.

---

Haechan entered the pin in and opened the door only to find Taeyong rushing out of the kitchen with a shocked expression. 

Taeyong: H-Haechan ah... what are you doing here?

Haechan: Don't look so disappointed hyung. I'm only here because uncle told me to come here. 

Taeyong: Dad told you... to come here... why?

Haechan: You didn't read the group chat? I'm being... follow... 

Haechan's voice faltered when he saw another male step out from Taeyong's guest bed room. His words got caught in his throat while the man, who shouldn't be here, was busy just drying his hair with a towel, a calm expression on his face.

Naturally, Haechan looked at Taeyong who was busy cursing himself out with his eyes casted to his slippers.

Haechan: H-Hyung...

Taeyong looked up and gave Haechan an urgent look.

Haechan: What... what-

Taeyong: I can explain. This is not what you-

Haechan: Why is the person who stabbed noona coming out of your guest room?

Doyoung: Tsk. I have a name you know-

Haechan: I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!

I really have not planned this story out properly (*  ̄︿ ̄)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 956 42
A girl name Kim Y/N. A cute,sweet girl. A mafia king name Jeon Jungkook. A cold, dangerous,heartless guy. 'These two different hearts fell in love' "...
333K 13.1K 88
"People like me don't get happy endings." "What if I changed that for you?" What happens when the most feared mafia boss in the world opens up a trai...
154K 3.2K 22
"Please, I just want to talk." I was scared of him. He was going to hurt me. If he killed Moonbin, he could kill me too. Started : April 17, 2020 Co...
15.3K 488 40
✓ ! MAFIA AU ! Don't lose your heart to a Dragon. You might never get it back. If you do, you'll find that there are scars that don't heal, wounds...