↯8

Daeri: So? Did you get it?

Jaehyun: Get what?

Daeri: I guess not... you did storm back into the house, annoyed.

Jaehyun: What do you mean?

Akira: She's asking if you got the apology.

Jaehyun: ... No. I walked out before that.

Daeri: And why's that?

Jaehyun: She was being annoying.

Akira: So her cocky behaviour drove you away-

Jaehyun: No. She was being... i don't know how to word it.

Sicheng: Hurting?

They turned to him.

Akira: Why would she be hurting?

Sicheng put his file down, looking up at Jaehyun. 

Sicheng: You do realise that you are invading her feelings by constantly reminding her of her father. She doesn't hate you, Jaehyun. Seeing you and your father reminds her of her dead father. She's hurting which she masks with her anger. You all are just being insensitive to that. 

With that he went back to his file whereas Jaehyun could only ponder. To an extend he did believe Sicheng. It even sounded right. But he couldn't bring himself to acknowledge it. 

Maybe its better to let it go.

---

Mina: Will you tell me now?

Mark: Tell you what?

She placed a cup of tea in front of Mark and then sat down opposite to him at her small table.

Mina: Don't take me to be a fool Mark. You know what I am talking about.

He sighed, sitting forward, leaning on his elbows while running his fingers through his hair.

Mark: I don't know what to make of it. I caught Haechan doing something he shouldn't. 

Mina: As in...?

Mark: I can't tell you. He can fall in a lot of trouble.

Mina leaned back in her seat, a soft smile ghosting her lips. Mark on the other hand just nervously drank the tea.

Mark: Stop looking at me like that. Why do you do that anyway?

Mina: No matter how angry you act... you still care for our youngest.

Mark: Tsk, yeah right.

He rolled his eyes but Mina knew better than his act. But she decided to let him be and chuckled.

Mark: Do I need to go to the mansion?

Mina: Yes. Uncle Lee said we have to.

Mark: But-