↯5

Jaehyun was on a hunt

Jaehyun was on a hunt. He was sure the Diamonds were already working on the case with Doyoung and so was Jungwoo. So he kept his mind and focus on finding Mina's and Mark's dad's killer. 

Which did make him question why he was even doing it. But despite all the recent tension decrease in the group they were still rivals. And to witness your rival kneeling in front of you apologizing was a big deal in the mafia world. 

Maybe that would bring the Claws to the first rank which was now taken by the Diamonds. 

He couldn't lose a chance like that. It was never about proving his dad's innocence. Speaking of, Jaehyun's father never abused him. He just never seemed to emotionally be there for Jaehyun especially after he married his second wife, Daeri's mother. That was the turning point of his mom's sanity but she seemed to lose most of it right after his father went to jail.

So a part of him was doing it for his mom too. 

And he found himself knocking at his uncle's door. Not the one in the gang of course... the uncle from his mom's side. 

Mr. Kwon: Jaehyun! Long time no see!

Jaehyun just smiled wearily.

Jaehyun: Hello uncle... i had some questions... about dad's arrest.

Mr. Kwon: The one sixteen years ago?

Jaehyun: Yeah.

His uncle frowned upon the thought.

Mr. Kwon: Why would you possibly wondering about- You know what... come on in. We will talk after.

He nodded, entering. Inside the entire coffee table was filled with case papers. Another fact being that Kwon was his father's lawyer at that time. Not anymore though, now Kwon didn't interfere with the gang at all. But that was on the "never ask dad cause i won't get answers" list of Jaehyun's.

Mr. Kwon: So why are you suddenly interested in the case?

Jaehyun: I was wondering what actually happened... because i don't remember dad leaving the house. It was my birthday but he was taking care of Daeri and Step-mom.

Mr. Kwon: I see you don't remember that well. 

Jaehyun sat there frozen for a minute, not able to digest the words well.

Mr. Kwon: They had gone to dinner after leaving you by yourself that night... Me, your uncle Jeong and your father's friend who you were close to... Kim... something- i don't really remember. We had come over to take care of you that night.

Jaehyun: So... dad did do it?

Mr. Kwon: I mean... the timeline for his disappearance made sense. He was absent for most of the dinner too, as stated by the restaurant staff.

Jaehyun: Wait... but doesn't murder take more years in jail?

Mr. Kwon: yes. But your father is rich Jaehyun. Obviously it made sense why he was out in ten years instead of a lifetime. Considering the fact that you were young, maybe that's why you didn't remember.