↯15

Family dinners were awkward

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Family dinners were awkward. Very much so. Mina looked around the table with a grimace. Taerin and Taeyong were avoiding each other. Jeno was probably trying his best not to choose sides with his siblings. Haechan was silent. Ten shared similar thoughts and feelings with Mina. Mark was still in Canada and Uncle Lee was at the head of the table trying to make small talk.

Uncle Lee: So-

Ten: Uncle, I think its time we address it. Its been a week. Not sharing that information with the rest of us had Mina in serious danger. A Claw helped her out of there. That's gotta sting.

Uncle Lee: I know. But it was all Taeyong's decision-

Taeyong: Yes I know... I messed up but its only because i really thought it was supposed to be a minor attempt like the file said.

Haechan: Maybe you should ask the person you got the file from.

Taeyong sent him a glare but quickly faced Mina again.

Taeyong: I'm sorry. I should have thought it out through and shouldn't have underestimated the Reapers of all things.

Mina: Its okay... but you still need to share the file with us. And I know that it was Doyoung who gave it to you.

Taerin and Jeno's eyes widened. Haechan suspiciously didn't have any reaction to it.

Taeyong: How did you-

Mina: It wasn't too hard to get Ten to spill what he knew and i figured the rest on my own. 

Taerin: You got help from the son of the boss of our rival and didn't mention it to anyone?

Taeyong: Well...

Taerin: Seriously Tae?

Taeyong: I got it, I messed up big time.

Taerin: Yeah no shit. Hand over the file.

Taeyong: what?

Taerin: You heard me. File.

Mina and Ten shared a look of concern that was soon cast over to the present boss, knowing very well that the twins were about to break into another fight.

Uncle Lee: Okay calm down, Taerin. Taeyong will keep the file.

Taerin: But dad-

Uncle Lee: And Taeyong, you should start sharing it with everyone.

Mina: Yeah. No more secrets okay?

Taeyong and Haechan shared a look that didn't say much, except the fact that maybe they did have a serious secret shared only between them.

---

Jaehyun held his coat close around him as he made it to the supermarket in the dark. Once he was inside the warmth from the heater made him sigh in relief.