Captivating The Uncrowned Pri...

By CamillaEldridge

I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wr... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Christmas' Special Chapter

Chapter Twenty Five

14.6K 489 6
By CamillaEldridge

FREE and EDITED Version is up on Radish! It's on Chapter 33 Now. XOXO!

Chapter Twenty Five

I was crying the whole ride, shaking in fear.

No, not again.

The last time I heard those words, David died.

I can't... I just can't let him leave me.

Just the thought of losing Vince was giving me an excruciating pain.

One of his guards called mom telling her about the accident. That Vince was almost on the finish line when something in his car suddenly ignite the fire.

That was all we knew.

I am afraid. What if...

"Darling calm down." Mom said, running her hands through my hair.

But I know mom was just trying to ease the pain.

Living without Vince?

I sobbed harder.

The moment we entered the hospital Mom was talking to someone but I cannot comprehend. I can hear nothing but my tears.

We reached the top floor together, and there was nothing but a one room in it.

The hallway is all white, the two doors to the only room was colored black.

I walked towards it, shaking in fear.

I twist on the knob and my tears go full blast.

"Vince!" I cried harder running towards him, my hands scratching over his white shirt as I hug him on the chest.

He is alive. He lived.

He has small bruises on the face and a transmitter of oxygen on his nose.

"You scared her." Mom said, walking beautifully.

"I told her you were fine but she just don't want to believe not until she sees you personally."

------

I looked down on Monique, she was soaking my shirt with her tears. The moment she entered my room I saw her puffy red eyes. Damn. That's why I did not want to call her.

The moment she attacked me and hugged me I felt a little pain because of my bruises but her warm hug did made me feel a lot better.

"Mom, I told you not to tell her." I rolled my eyes.

"She was with me, what do you expect?" Mom reasoned.

I brushed her hair up and down, she was not yet done crying.

"Shh. Honey. Look at me."

But she didn't.

I forced her head up, but she did not look at me. Instead, she wiped away all her tears and looked away.

I held her waist in one hand, not letting her go. I was feeling weak, but seeing her made me smile.

"I'll go out and leave a statement, you better be good at her Timothy." Mom warned. When I was a kid, I know I did something really bad when she calls me Timothy.

"Why are you smiling?" She growled, making me laugh.

"You look cute." I said, playfully touching her nose with my finger.

She breathed hard and looked at me. "Will you not do that again? What if you were hurt? What if you were not able to go out of that car? Why wasn't it safe? What kind of car is that huh? What... What i-if y-you die?"

Hearing her say those words made me feel bad.

My parents cared about that, I was sure.

But having someone--a wife, to care for you that way, makes me feel the guilt.

I had a wild young adult life. Mom and dad won't stop lecturing me about my stunts.

But having Monique tell me the same thing made me realized what I have done.

I weakly tried to sit up and reach for her, she helped me by moving near me and looking at me for the first time. "I will not die honey." I softly said.

"Sorry. Sorry if you got worried. I've been racing my whole life and this was not the first time it happened to racers." I explained.

"The engine overheated and it caused the fire but I was able to roll out of the car before it move out of hand."

"And what if you rolled out and the car hit you?"

I wanted to laugh. She was not letting this go.

"Honey I am a professional car racer, and a straight mind is a must, always a must." I softly explained.

"When I saw the small smoke on the engine I stepped on the gas, causing the friction to heat it up more."

"But I had a plan of course." I said and wiping her tears away. "I made sure to hit the space of the field where there is no one. I radioed on my team telling them to ready the fire extinguishers. They thought I'll stop at them but that will be dangerous, so I move away from the finish line and jumped out of the car."

"Do you know how dangerous that is?" She asked, softly running her hand on my bruised face.

"You could have died, not only by the car but because of the smoke you inhaled." She said.

"W-will you just stop racing?" She asked.

I froze and did not answer immediately.

She breathed hard and moved away. "I'll just go to your doctor to ask what happened to you." She said and walked away.

---

It is not you who could change him.

Who do you think you are?

And you think he will let you change him you ambitious girl?

That was the continuous thought in my mind.

Why did I told him to do that? I asked myself.

Because you thought he will willingly do what you say.

An evil thought was running in my mind...

What if Duchess Katherine told him to stop?

Will he?

Will he not think twice? Will he be happy knowing she is concerned with him?

What if she knew what happened...then she went here... Will... W-will he let her know that I am his wife?

I walk and walk just until I bumped onto someone.

"Sorr--Monique?" I looked up to find Mark in front of me.

"Hey." I gave him a fake smile.

His face softened as he caress my face. "What happened? Are you alright? Were you crying?"

That was when I remembered. "Yeah. Sorry. Something just happened. Why are you here?" I asked.

"Have to meet some medical directors to solicit help on our next trip in Africa. France is such a rich country and willing to help."

"You? What brought you here in France?" He asked.

"I-I'm with Vince..." And before I can finish my sentence a white guy in white uniform approach us. "Madame, Vince is looking for you."

I nodded at him but he didn't go away. Instead, he waited for me. "I'll have to go now." I said.

But Mark didn't let me go immediately. He held me by the elbow and looked at me seriously. "I'm always ready to catch you Monique. Always. I'm just a phone away. Wherever I am. Whatever it takes. I'm here Monique."

I saw the guard looked at us. I am certain he will tell Vince about it. I was afraid Vince might do something with Mark.

Funny how possessive he can be with me, but not me with him.

I nodded at him, somehow felt relieved. "Thank you Mark."

I walked away and talked to his doctor. I told him I am his secretary. Right. Secretary.

He told me he is okay and there is nothing to worry about.

When I opened his door room he had his head lifted, like he was really waiting for me.

"Sorry if I take long." I said. I stand before him and slowly caressed his head. "I guess better sleep now." I think that sounds appropriate than commanding.

He pulled me causing me to trip over his chest.

He moved a little, accommodating my body with the tiny hospital bed. "This is a better one." He said.

He hugged me by the waist and I looked at him. "He always ruin the moment." He said and I know he knew what he is talking about.

"The next time he gets near you he will know his place." I know I must be afraid for Mark but I just don't care today.

All I care was about my heart.

I looked up at him and stared at him.

Was he like this with Katherine too?

I smiled bitterly. Maybe a lot more protective.

He caught my glance and held my chin. "Yes." He simply mutter.

I frowned at him. What is he saying?

"Yes. I will stop racing honey."

"You didn't really have to..."

"No. I will stop because that is what you want. You are my boss honey. And what you say, I will do."

I felt a tickling squeeze in my heart.

"Sorry about what happened. Sorry about the accident honey. Sorry if I scared you."

"And if you want me to stop racing, I will..."

"Because you are the most important person to me. What you say I will do."

"Because that is how much I wanted you honey. That's how I can show you that I can give it up, the racing, I can give it up..."

"But not you honey."

Tears form on my eyes. This is Vince, the Vince that I wanted to see.

Somehow I know I was able to get in his heart. I know.

And the night was amazing. We held each other on the tiny bed as we comfortably sleep in each other's arms.

Little did we know that it was not the happy ending that we've always waited for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 77 36
Hey guys this is just a little sample of the story there are more characters I'm just showing you one point of view and I hope that you read my book...
14.4K 682 24
Y/N pov: I was sitting in my room as always while my eyes were filled with tears of sorrowness after seeing my husband in the arms of other women wh...
208K 7.6K 99
MATURE CONTENT 18+ Rated R You shouldn't have said that." He said in anger. He threw me on bed and hovered over me. Hatred and lust was visible in hi...
1.5M 41.9K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...