Woodside Academy (Percabeth A...

By perceehee13

Annabeth Chase is a workaholic perfectionist with the picture perfect grades and ability to learn quickly. Be... More

Chapter 1 - Greetings from Annabeth Chase
Chapter 2 - The News
Chapter 3 - Talks and Popcorn
Chapter 4 - Books and Boys
Chapter 5 - Soup to cure Boredom
Chapter 6 - S'mores and unexpected run-ins
Chapter 7 - First Flight to England
Chapter 8 - The Tour
-
Chapter 9 - First Day
Chapter 10 - Art Projects and Pink
Chapter 11 - An Annoying Blonde
Chapter 12 - A Few Tricks Up My Sleeve
Chapter 13 - A Big Mess
Chapter 14 - Detention
Chapter 15 - The First Game
Chapter 16 - Studying Pays Off
Chapter 17 - Weird Behavior
Chapter - 18 Dude, You Need a Tutor!
Chapter 19 - Tearful Night
Chapter 20 - 1 Month Anniversary
Chapter 21 - Day Out Shopping
Chapter 22 - Haunted Maze
Chapter 23 - Dancing on Clocktowers
Chapter 24 - A Not-So Well Oiled Machine
Chapter 25 - New Tutor?
Chapter 26 - The First Session
Chapter 27 - What Plan?
Chapter 28 - Nighttime Talks
Chapter 29 - Blue Harmonica
Chapter 31 - Giggling in Geography
Chapter 32 - The Events Leading Up
Chapter 33 - The Plan Unfolds.
Chapter 34 - Better Parts of Life
Chapter 35 - The Final Game
-
Chapter 36 - Welcome to New York
Chapter 37 - Sweet on America
Chapter 38 - Christmas Tree
Chapter 39 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 40 - Leaving
Chapter 41 - Feelings
Chapter 42 - A Very Short Conversation
Chapter 43 - Coming Back and an Announcement
Chapter 44 - First Night Back
Chapter 45 - A Troubling Day
Chapter 46 - Theater
Chapter 47 - studying
A/N

Chapter 30 - 20 Questions and a Confession

364 2 59
By perceehee13

     Percy's POV

November 23

I was so happy. I was finally getting good grades, football was going great, and Rachel and I were in love.

Love.

I can't really believe it. Now that she's acting like her old self again, being around her is way more fun. I don't feel uncomfortable with the thought that we're together, and that I'm her boyfriend. And I'm certainly not uncomfortable with the fact that we love each other.

     Rachel also started trusting me more with Annabeth being my tutor, so during secessions it was just Annabeth and I. That was okay with me, because the two of us actually became pretty close.

     "Annabeth?" I asked, while we were sitting in our usual spots in the booth for our afternoon tutoring. "What's this word right here?" I turned the math book toward her, pointing at the word.

     "Pythagorean Theorem," she said, then flipped the book back around towards me.

     "The Pyth—pie—phthorgeorean—I'm not saying that." I decided, circling the word.

     Annabeth sighed. "Why did you circle it?"

     "So I'll remember that it's the weird word," I responded, writing a note on the side, 'piethagoreun therim'

     "Percy, that's not how you sp—"

     I stopped her by holding up a hand. "It'll help, trust me." I retorted, and Annabeth sighed again.

     "Whatever you say, we've been working on math for a while though. How about we do some...?" She trailed off, allowing me to suggest whatever I needed us to do next.

     I searched through my bags, then pulled out my history book. "History," and I put the math book into my bag on the floor.

"Alright, Roman Empire." Annabeth started.

"Ugh, I'm bored. Can we do science instead?" I asked as I tried pulling the book away from her.

Annabeth pulled the book back towards her, looking at me sternly. "We need to study this," she said. I groaned and rested my chin on my arm, which was laying on the table.

     "Alright, read me the chapter. I'm listening." I told her, and she began reading the chapter to me. I kept my head on the table, watching her as she read. I liked the way her gray eyes complimented her golden hair. She was like daylight and moonlight at the same time. It was really pretty.

     I have no idea where that came from.

     Quickly, I averted my eyes away from her. Instead, my hand found a loose thread on the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I played with it between my fingers as I listened to her continue to read, the page flipping, and the light rain pattering on the window outside.

     Annabeth finally finished, and I snatched the book out of her hands. "Great, we're all done with history for today. Annabeth, I'm realllllly tired of studying. Can we please take a break?" I asked, clasping my hands together dramatically in a begging fashion.

     Annabeth snorted but nodded her head. "What do you want to do, then?"

     "Hmm," I hummed, looking around the common room. "I don't know. There's not much to do," I admitted. Then I had an idea, "We could play 20 questions?"

     Annabeth considered this for a moment before saying, "I don't see why not. I'll go first, favorite color?"

     "Blue." I answered, no hesitation.

     "Alright," she laughed. "Best friend?"

     I thought for a second. "Grover, Leo, or Jason. And before you say I have to pick one, I won't."

     "What's your favorite school subject?"

     "They all suck the same," I answered, shrugging. She laughed, and I couldn't help but smile at her laugh. Her joy was infectious.

     "Do you have any regrets? What's your biggest one?"

     "That's a pretty deep question," we were both quiet as I thought. "My biggest regret? Riding my skateboard into the apartment that day."

     Annabeth nodded, reaching across the table for my hand. She squeezed it reassuringly, then pulled her hand away. "Do you think we'll win the final game and get into the championships?"

     "Yeah, probably." I replied.

     Annabeth nodded, clearly thinking about her next question. "Who in this school do you hate the most?"

     "Luke and Drew." I imitated barfing, then shuddered. "I can't stand those two."

"What is it between you and Luke anyway? That's one of my questions, by the way." She added at the end, so now she had 13 questions left.

"We used to be friends," I started, preparing myself for the story. "And there was a time when Drew and I were sort of a thing, but then I caught the two of them kissing. Then after that, Luke became a real asshole. Especially in football, he always has to be the best, in the spotlight. And me getting captain of the team? He didn't really handle that well."

Annabeth exhaled softly. "I get why you hate them both, then. I'm running out of questions," she laughed. "Okay, favorite Taylor Swift song? From her debut album,"

"I'm Only Me When I'm With You." I answered immediately, then paused. "Or Our Song."

"Favorite Fearless song?"

"Probably Fifteen," I answered.
(A/N I feel like that could be foreshadowing honestly)

"Favorite Speak Now song?"

"Wow, you're really just doing this to use up questions, aren't you?" I asked, smiling.

"Shut up," she laughed. "Just answer the questions."

"Favorite Speak Now song?" I repeated. "Haunted, or Long Live." In the back of my mind I also wanted to add The Story of Us, and Mine, but I decided not to.

"And favorite Red song?"

I grinned. "What do you think I'm about to say?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "All Too Well? 10 minute Version?" She guessed.

I shook my head. "Nope, The Lucky One. Or Starlight."

"Wow, okay. Honestly, I thought you'd be a We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together type of guy."

I shook my head again.

"Favorite 1989 song?"

"That's actually impossible." I stated, looking at her sternly. "They're all my favorite."

Annabeth snorted.

She then continued asking me about my favorite songs from each album, Reputation was Delicate, Lover was Daylight, Folklore was Betty and Mirrorball, Evermore was Coney Island and Long Story Short, and Midnights was You're on Your Own Kid, and Karma.

"Gosh, you really do have this all figured out don't you?" Annabeth asked once we'd finally finished.

"Yep," I nodded. "You have three questions left," I reminded her.

"Okay, who's your favorite teacher?"

"That's easy," I scoffed. "Mr. Brunner."

"Really?" She asked. "Me too! Anyways, do you seriously think when you grow up you'll be a marine biologist?"

I shrugged. "My dad probably wants me to play football. My mom just wants me to do what I like," I told her.

"But what do you want?" She asked me, which sort of surprised me.

"I don't know, to make my dad proud of me?" That wasn't exactly a lie, I did want my dad to be proud of me. But I also didn't want to play football as my job, I wanted to be in the ocean. I wanted to explore the ocean, and help the animals. I also wanted to clean it up, to help those animals. "But...I don't want what he wants." I finally admitted.

Annabeth nodded. "You should do what would make you happy. I'm sure your dad would be proud of you no matter what." She assured me, and I smiled.

"Alright," I said, trying to change the topic. "I think you asked enough questions. My turn!" I rubbed my hands together, "favorite color?"

"Gray," she told me, and I thought that was funny since her eyes were so uniquely gray.

"Alright, do you like Woodside?" That was actually a question I've been wanting to ask her, so I thought now was a pretty good time to ask.

Annabeth thought for a moment. "Yeah," she decided. "I've made some pretty good friends here, and I love the teachers."

"Any crushes?" I asked, smirking.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, but her face tinted a light pink. "No."

"Yeah, if you say so." I winked, grinning when she scowled at me. "Okay, what—"

I didn't get to ask my next question, because the common room door opened, then Jason, Hazel, and Thalia came in.

"Hey, guys," I said, making our existence known.

Our friends glanced over at us, and grinned. "Hey," Jason said, coming over to us.

"Percy, Rachel said she wanted to talk to you, she's by the fountain in the courtyard." Hazel told me, and I looked over to Annabeth.

"We'll finish later, all right?" I asked, scooting out of the booth.

Annabeth nodded, and I said bye then ran out.

     I saw Rachel sitting beside the fountain, staring out into the distance. I wondered what was wrong, and I ran over to her faster.

     "What's up, Red?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

     Rachel startled, like she hadn't known I was approaching her. She blinked away the daze she'd just been in.

     "Percy, I need to talk to you about something really important." She said, and her tone scared me. She sounded really serious, I was scared she might be breaking up with me.

     The day after I said I love you, too. Maybe it had been too much? Maybe I shouldn't have said it. Did I mess things up? I really hoped not, I didn't want Rachel to break up with me.

     "What is it?" I asked cautiously.

     Rachel inhaled and squared her shoulders. "You know my dad, right? Owner of a really big business, has a major rival just down the block from him?" She asked, and I felt myself relax in relief.

     "Yeah," I replied. "What about it?"

     "My moms been cheating on my dad. With the owner of the business, his biggest rival." She said, and I blinked.

     "Alright," I said slowly. "And what about it?" Did this have anything to do with me? I didn't think so.

     "If it got out, it could ruin my family." A few tears began welling up in her eyes. "We could lose all of our money, it would be awful. Nobody can find out."

     Again, I didn't know why she was telling me this. "If nobody can know, why are you telling me?"

     "Because," she inhaled sharply. "Drew found out. She's holding it against me. I need you to know that—"

     Leo ran up to us, interrupting whatever Rachel was going to tell me. "DINNER TIME, BITCHES!!" He screamed.

     "Tell me later, okay Rachel?" I asked as I took her hand and we stood up. I wiped a tear off of her cheek then kissed her. After pulling away, I said "And I won't tell anyone. Don't be scared of Drew, she won't do anything. Trust me, I'll make sure of it. I'm with you, okay? I love you." I told her, kissing her again. More tears fell from her eyes, making the kiss salty. I knew something else was bothering her.

     A few seconds later we separated and started going into the dining hall. Things made more sense to me now, Rachel becoming friends with Drew. She was sucking up to Drew so Drew wouldn't tell anyone about her family secret. Rachel wasn't a bad person. She was just protecting her family. Well, I would make sure Drew didn't do anything. Rachel shouldn't be pretending to associate with Drew, she should be with her real friends. I made it my job as her boyfriend to protect her from Drew.

     I had to make sure Rachel got out of her fake friendship with Drew, because she should be back with our friends. We loved each other, and I wanted the girl I love to be happy. She's never hurt anyone, why should she have to suffer because of some brat? Rachel never did anything wrong, it was her family.

Word count:1967 this gives a little bit more explanation on the Drew and Rachel stuff

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.8K 90
Annabeth Chase is a rebellious teen who only acts out for attention. She has a brain, but it seems like she's not using it. Percy Jackson is trouble...
12K 69 12
Photo credit: Viria.TumBlr.com Rated: pg13 Warning: alcohol, language, implied sex Summary: Annabeth is the good girl with good grades doing everyt...
56.9K 943 15
Mortal highschool AU - Percy Jackson is a complete nerd. He's a wus and has never been kissed, according to rumours. Annabeth Chase is a popular girl...
55K 1.3K 10
Annabeth moves back to her old school. Goode High. The place she was forced away from because her dad got a job in California. The place that she ha...