Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City

159 8 0
By Kenon96

Dark City, this looks like the next stop on the journey for our heroes. Who knows what kind of chilling challenge they could face in this dingy, deserted ghost town.

Kota: Hm. This place seems kinda desolate. Where is everybody?

Niko: It's like a town for Ghost types.

Elekid: Bee bee! Elekid joyfully walked with its arms twirling.

Duplica: Elekid sure seems to be in a good mood.

Niko: Yeah. Elekid loves it when it's cloudy like today. A small child runs out but soon his mother comes to get him.

Mother: Get back inside this house right now! What if there are Pokémon trainers out? They were all confused by that.

Niko: Huh?

Duplica: That's weird. It's like they're afraid of Pokémon trainers. Suddenly they were all hit by rocks.

Niko: Who did that!? Niko looks up and spots several shadows. I see them! Get 'em, Elekid!

Elekid: Bee! (Sure) Elekid uses Thunderbolt on the stackers who turn out to be kids.

Kota: They're kids?!

Niko: Okay, fess up! Why were you throwing rocks at us?

Elekid: Bee! (Talk) Elekid said impatient.

Boy #1: You guys are Pokémon trainers, right?

Niko: We are. My names Niko. And I'm gonna be a Pokémon master.

Kota: I'm Kota. And I dream of becoming the world greatest Fighting Pokémon trainer.

Duplica: I'm Duplica. Am I wanna be the worlds best Ditto trainer. Hearing this made the big hit them all with a stick.

Niko: Ow! What was that for?!

Boy #1: We don't care who you are! If you work with Pokémon, you better get out of our town now, if you know what's good for you!

Elekid: Be bee! (Attack) Elekid suddenly electrocuted the boy with Thunderbolt causing him to fall over crispy.

Niko: Ah! Elekid!

???: Stop it, boys! A man comes out to stop the dispute. I apologize. These children don't mean to cause you any trouble. Come to my restaurant, and I'll explain everything.

Niko: Uh, sure. Our heroes take the conversation to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner: In Dark City there are two Pokémon gyms, the Yas gym and the Kaz gym. The two gyms are in the middle of a gang war and they'll hire any wandering Pokémon trainers as soldiers to battle for them.

Niko: Now I get it. No wonder people here don't like Pokémon trainers. While they spoke, a mysterious customer listened in.

Kota: But why are they fighting in the first place?

Restaurant owner: They claim that whichever gym wins will become an official Pokémon gym.

Niko: I can see why they're so anxious. Becoming an official Pokémon Gym is a huge honor. Just then, they heard a commotion outside.

Boy #1: It's them!

Duplica: Huh? Who's them?

Restaurant owner: The Yas and Kaz gyms are fighting again. If you don't want to get dragged into this, you better go upstairs and hide. Our heroes head upstairs as the Yas and Kaz gym leaders show up.

Kaz: Get ready! Today, the Kaz gym's gonna crush you!

Yas: Guess again! The Yas gym will wipe you out!

Kaz: Go, Electabuzz! Thunderbolt, now! Electabuzz shocks multiple Yas trainers and even hits a few of the buildings.

Niko: Huh. Niko pulls out his Pokédex.

Pokédex: Electabuzz, the Electric Pokémon. Normally found near power plants, they can wander away and cause major blackouts in cities.

Yas: We can't let them win! Attack, Scyther! Scyther cuts down some of buildings causing them to fall on the Kaz trainers. The continued destruction caused some of residents to run in fear.

Pokédex: Scyther, the Mantis Pokémon. It leaps out of tall grass and slices prey with its scythes. The movement is that of a ninja.

Kota: Is it always this bad? The kids nod.

Duplica: This isn't a Pokémon battle, it's just a plain old fight.

Niko: I can't believe this. Those guys don't know the first thing about being trainers. Suddenly, they heard a crashing sound coming from downstairs.

Attacker #3: Hey, cook! Give me the lunch special for thirty people.

Attacker #1: We've got to be at Kaz gym in less than an hour.

Attacker #2: Throw in an order of onion rings while you're at it.

Restaurant owner: I'd like to, but, you see, the Kaz gym hasn't paid its bill in over two years. They all watch from upstairs.

Duplica: Hey. Don't those three seem familiar?

Jessie: What?! Are you telling us we can't put this on our tab?!

James: Do you realize we're Kaz gym bodyguards? Give us the food or else!

Restaurant owner: I'd like to, but I can't. I don't want any trouble!

Meowth: You won't give us lunch, but you don't want trouble, huh?

Jessie: You're talking to the wrong customers if you don't want any trouble.

Restaurant owner: Please, leave me alone! I don't want any trouble! Hearing that caused the trio to react.

Jessie: Trouble?

James: Trouble? I can't resist, Jessie.

Jessie: Neither can I! Prepare for trouble!

James: Make it double! They remove their disguises.

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation.

James: To unite all peoples within our nation.

Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.

James: To extend our reach to the stars above.

Jessie: Jessie.

James: James.

Jessie: Go get them, Arbok!

James: Weezing, attack! They materialize and attack the owner.

Niko: Team Rocket! We should have known! Let's get them.

Eevee: Vee!

Elekid: Bee!

Niko: Growlithe, come out and use Flamethrower!

Duplica: Ditto! Transform and use Flamethrower too. Ditto transforms.

Growlith & Growlithe: Growl! Ditto! They attack simultaneously, incinerating Team Rocket.

Meowth: Rare.

Jessie: Medium.

James: Well done.

Duplica: Thanks for leaving!

Niko: Be sure to never come back! Niko looks to the owner. Are you alright, sir?

Restaurant owner: Thank you for saving my restaurant.

Duplica: No problem. It's starting to get fun beating those losers.

???: That was great! They all look to see a young lady belonging to the Yas gym.

Niko: Uh, can we help you?

???: Those were some of the strongest bodyguards from Kaz gym! How did you overpower them so easily? You must be a very gifted, very famous, Pokémon trainers. Please! Please! You must tell me your names!

Niko: Uh. Thank you for the compliments. Well, I'm-Duplica quickly covers his mouth.

Duplica: It would probably be better if we didn't get involved with this any further. If we do we might ruin our reputations as trainers.

Niko: Mm. Niko thought over it for a minute. He agreed with what Duplica said, but he just couldn't ignore this. Miss, can you please take us to this gym?

Duplica & Kota: Huh?!

???: But of course!

Duplica: Niko, what are you doing? She whispered.

Niko: I'm sorry. But I need to see how this gym operates myself. I can't just let things stay like this.

Our heroes arrive at the Yas gym and see all the trainers working out.

Niko: That look serious.

???: Please, come right in. They enter and see Yas. Yas, let me introduce you to a great trainer. He's brought multiple disciples to help us.

Duplica: He brought us?💧

???: I saw them defeat the bodyguards from Kaz gym like they were nothing! They're really strong trainers.

Yas: I'll decide how strong they are. Scyther, go! Scyther charges at them.

Thinking quickly, Niko grabs the bottle Elekid took from the restaurant and throws it at Scyther. It cut the bottle open causing the ketchup inside to cover its eyes. It then goes mad.

Yas: Scyther, what is it?

Scyther loses it and starts attacking his trainer as he dodged as best he can.

Yas: Hey! Stop! Scyther, return! He calls it back. That's the first time my Scyther's been frightened so badly. You're a powerful trainer.

Niko: Well, thanks.

Yas: You must work for me. I need your strength.

Niko: First, I have a question. Why do you want to become an official Pokémon gym?

Yas: That answer should be obvious. What faster way is there to make money in today's world then by becoming an official Pokemon gym?

Niko: Mm! Niko balled up his hand into a fist. No. I refuse to join you.

Yas: What?

Niko: I could never fight for such a selfish reason like that. And treat Pokémon like their tools. I'll never help you. He said turning his back.

Yas: If you won't join us, we'll make sure you don't help anyone else! Yas gym, attack!

Other trainers appear and throw in their Pokémon and they start to attack Niko. Thankfully the others manage to pull him out of the scuffle and bring him back to the restaurant.

Niko: Ouch! He winced as Duplica applied bandages. That was too close for comfort.

Kota: Yeah. The dojo back in Saffron City was never that rough.

Duplica: And I'm worried the Kaz gym is just as bad.

Niko: Grr. They just don't get it! There's so much more to being a gym leader and a trainer.

Boy #1: Kaz and Yas keep getting stronger Pokemon, and they wreck our town with their fighting!

Kota: This is bad. If this keeps up, these guys will give every Pokémon trainer a bad name.

Niko: That Scyther is especially fierce.

Duplica: Though I wonder; what made Scyther flip out like that.

Niko: Not sure. Niko pondered a bit. Ah! The ketchup!

Eevee: Vee Vee? (The ketchup)

Niko: Yeah. I remember Professor Oak gave a lecture about Pokémon behavior. Scyther and Electabuzz get mad when they see the color red.

Boy #1: Scyther is the Yas gym's strongest Pokémon, and Electabuzz is the Kaz gym's strongest Pokémon!

Niko: Guys, if we work together, we might be able to put a stop to all this.

As our heroes discuss their plan, the Yas and Kaz gym get ready for their next battle.

Yas: Listen up! The Pokémon League inspector will be coming through town any minute. We have to run those Kaz gym losers out of town before he gets here.

Kaz: Pokémon League inspector is on his way! We have to completely crush those Yas gym trainers, and show em we're the best! This town's only big enough for one gym!

Our heroes were beginning their final preparations.

Niko: Okay. The weather is perfect. It's almost time to put the plan in action. The Kaz and Yas armies arrive.

Kaz: I'm only gonna say this once to yous guys! Kaz gym's gonna be the official gym of Dark City! Save yourself some trouble and clear out, now!

Yas: I'm afraid you have things all mixed up. You're the ones who had better clear out, and fast! Leave now, or we'll crush you like the slimy insects you are!

Kaz: Ooh, Now you're gonna be sorry you ever hear the name of Kaz gym!

Yas: Today's the day we finally destroy you once and for all!

Kaz: Grrr! I've heard enough! Electabuzz, go! The two materialize. The Pokémon from Yas gym surround Electabuzz. Electabuzz, send them flying with a Thunder Punch!

Electabuzz blows them away with its attack. Meanwhile, Scyther was surrounded by the Pokémon from Kaz gym.

Yas: Don't give in, Scyther! Power up with Sword Dance and Cut attack! Scyther spins rapidly and knocks them all down.

Team Rocket, who had escaped to the roofs to avoid the conflict, were sent crashing to the ground.

Jessie: When do we get our turn?

James: It's over already!

Meowth: Meowth! Scyther and Electabuzz go head to head in a struggle.

Kaz: Go, Electabuzz! Just burn that Scyther to a crisp!

Yas: Don't give in, Scyther! Slice that Electabuzz to ribbons!

Niko: Now! Let's go!

Kota: You heard em! They all push down a bunch of barrels down a ramp and cover both Kaz and Yas in ketchup.

Meowth: Hey. What's going on? Team Rocker gets dunked in ketchup as well and the lids fall on their heads.

Yas: My best gym suit! The two leaders panicked seeing their now red uniforms. Their Pokémon noticed this change and become enraged.

Kaz: What are you doing, Electabuzz?! Hurry up and crush that Scyther!

Yas: What's wrong with you, Scyther?! Cut attack, now! The two Pokémon attack their trainers. Wait, stop! You're making a mistake! I'm your trainer, Scyther!

Kaz: What are you doing?! It's me, Electabuzz! Your trainer!

Niko: This is what you get for using them like that. None of you have the right to call yourselves trainers.

Yas: But, please, you have to save me! The two leaders run from their berserk Pokémon.

Kota: Think they've learned their lesson?

Duplica: Yeah.

Niko: Ivysaur, use Vine Whip! Ivysaur materializes and dumps the remaining ketchup onto Electabuss and Scyther. The two of them stare down then attack only to wind up both being knocked out.

Yas: Scyther!

Kaz: Electabuzz!

Niko: I hope you learned your lesson. Yas and Kaz join hands and make peace.

Yas: Shall we join together then?

Kaz: At least until we've destroyed those meddling kids and their friends!

All: Ah?!

Yas and Kaz: Come on! Attack those guys on the roof, now! The trainers from both gyms attack all together.

Niko: Okay, but you brought on yourselves! Elekid, let's go!

Elekid: Be bee! (You got it)

Niko: Hit them with your Thunderbolt!

Elekid charges it's power and let's loose bolts of lighting that strike the antennas they set up like lightning rods, sending the attacks down to the ground through wires, allowing the attack to hit all the targets, amazing the three boys. They then return to the ground.

Niko: Now, how about we all make up like friends? Niko offered. However, Yas and Kaz didn't reciprocate the gesture.

Yas and Kaz: Like friends?!

Yas: Well teach you a lesson.

Kaz: I suggest you run.

Niko: Ah!

???: Hold it right there! The mystery person from the restaurant appears.

Yas: What?

Kaz: And who are you?

???: I'm the inspector from the official Pokemon League. The inspector stated showing them the badge much to their shock.

Inspector: Pokéball, go!

Chansey: Chansey! Chansey. The leaders face fault when they saw it.

Inspector: That's right! My true identity is...removing the cloak, the inspector revealed herself. Nurse Joy!

Niko: Nurse Joy?! Niko was surprised.

Nurse Joy: I could never allow people who use Pokemon for nothing but street fighting to open an official Pokémon gym!

Yas: Please, Nurse Joy!

Kaz: Won't you give us another chance?

Nurse Joy: Only if you're willing to start over from the beginning.

Yas: Of course we are!

Kaz leader: Just tell us what we should do, Nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy: There are someone here who can do that better than I can. She gestured to Niko.

Niko: Uh, me?

Yas and Kaz: Oh, please! Please teach us how to act! They pleaded on their knees.

Niko: Um, sure. Well first, you need to understand that just being strong and battling isn't everything. You need to communicate with your Pokémon and build a strong bond.

Yas: Our Pokémon?

Niko: Yeah. Look. They see Electabuzz and Scyther breathing heavily. Those two are probably exhausted by all the fighting you guys made them do. I think what you need to do is consider their feelings and really try to understand them. Yas and Kaz go to their Pokémon.

Yas: I'm so sorry, Scyther.

Kaz: Me too, Electabuzz. The two Pokémon seemed happy that their trainers were concerned for them.

Niko: Next, I think you guys should help clean up the mess you made. It'll be hard to build a gym in a place like this.

Yas and Kaz: At once! The two saluted.

Soon, both gyms are working as one to fix up the mess they made of Dark City.

Kota: It's nice to see that they all had a change of heart.

Boys: Thanks!

Boy #1: You did it, Niko!

Niko: No prob. I hope you guys can learn that not all Pokémon trainers are bad.

Boy #1: We were wrong about Pokémon trainers being bad guys. Now, we all want to become Pokémon trainers.

Boys #2 & #3: Right!

Boy #2: We think Pokémon are the coolest!

Boy #3: Just like all of you. And especially you.

Niko: Glad to hear it.

Soon our heroes bid farewell to boys. Now Dark City's a lot brighter, thanks to our heroes. After saving the town, and making some new Pokémon fans, our heroes are moving on to their next adventure.

Back in the city, Team Rocket emerges from the rubble still covered in ketchup

Jessie: Well, that was a complete waste of time.

James: Looks like we're through. Meowth soon spots something coming towards them.

Meowth: Huh? Unfortunately, we're not quite through yet.

Jessie and James look and spot Scyther and Electabuzz charging towards them and start to run as they leap to attack

James: Somebody!

Team Rocket: Help!

As the Journey Continues

Pokémon!
Attention, all Pokémon trainers!
Do you got what it takes to be the best?
Today, we'll do 30 Pokémon!
It's the ultimate test!

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeeaahh!

Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill
Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey (Pokémon!)
Parasect, Exeggcute, Muk, Dewgong
Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon

At least 150 or more to see.
To be a Pokémon Master is my destiny.

Charizard, Machamp, Pinsir, Koffing
Dugtrio, Golbat, Staryu, Magikarp
Ninetales, Ekans, Omastar
Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar

Not bad, not bad!
Hey, don't get cocky. The next one's the hardest part.
We're on our way to 150 Pokémon!
There's no stopping us!

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (yeeaahh)
Pokémon!

Next chapter will take our focus away from Niko and his group. And will show a bit of Levi's history.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.3K 55
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
19.4K 254 6
How does one become Champion? Just by beating the Elite Four and the current Champion? But what happens after that? Sit around all day and wait for s...
48.7K 1.7K 57
Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne travel through the Kanto region, as they aim to find, and achieve their dreams, with their pokemon and friends along th...
177K 2.7K 22
Our favourite trainer has finally beaten Leon and with all his Pokemon in Bag and Pikachu with him he ventures off on the outskirts of Pallet Town wi...