Woodside Academy (Percabeth A...

By perceehee13

Annabeth Chase is a workaholic perfectionist with the picture perfect grades and ability to learn quickly. Be... More

Chapter 1 - Greetings from Annabeth Chase
Chapter 2 - The News
Chapter 3 - Talks and Popcorn
Chapter 4 - Books and Boys
Chapter 5 - Soup to cure Boredom
Chapter 6 - S'mores and unexpected run-ins
Chapter 7 - First Flight to England
Chapter 8 - The Tour
-
Chapter 9 - First Day
Chapter 10 - Art Projects and Pink
Chapter 11 - An Annoying Blonde
Chapter 12 - A Few Tricks Up My Sleeve
Chapter 13 - A Big Mess
Chapter 14 - Detention
Chapter 15 - The First Game
Chapter 16 - Studying Pays Off
Chapter 17 - Weird Behavior
Chapter - 18 Dude, You Need a Tutor!
Chapter 19 - Tearful Night
Chapter 20 - 1 Month Anniversary
Chapter 21 - Day Out Shopping
Chapter 22 - Haunted Maze
Chapter 23 - Dancing on Clocktowers
Chapter 24 - A Not-So Well Oiled Machine
Chapter 25 - New Tutor?
Chapter 26 - The First Session
Chapter 27 - What Plan?
Chapter 28 - Nighttime Talks
Chapter 30 - 20 Questions and a Confession
Chapter 31 - Giggling in Geography
Chapter 32 - The Events Leading Up
Chapter 33 - The Plan Unfolds.
Chapter 34 - Better Parts of Life
Chapter 35 - The Final Game
-
Chapter 36 - Welcome to New York
Chapter 37 - Sweet on America
Chapter 38 - Christmas Tree
Chapter 39 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 40 - Leaving
Chapter 41 - Feelings
Chapter 42 - A Very Short Conversation
Chapter 43 - Coming Back and an Announcement
Chapter 44 - First Night Back
Chapter 45 - A Troubling Day
Chapter 46 - Theater
Chapter 47 - studying
A/N

Chapter 29 - Blue Harmonica

345 4 57
By perceehee13

     Okay so in the last chapter when I said you guys would hate me for it I lied, it'll actually be this chapter

     Percy's POV

November 22

     The two days that followed the weird argument in the common room were amazing.

     Rachel and I got along better than ever, and we're actually going on a date tonight! I was really excited, because Rachel's been acting like her old self again. So this date would probably be way more fun than our last one.

I went into the bedroom Saturday afternoon and got ready for the date. Like the last time, I just wore jeans and a sweatshirt, but I didn't think it really mattered. After tying on my shoes, I went into the bathroom.

     I brushed my teeth then tamed my hair as much as I could, ignoring the few messy pieces. Rachel said she actually liked when my hair was messy, so I decided not to try to fix it too much.

I left the bathroom and bedroom then walked into the common room, where some of my friends were sitting.

     "Percy!" Rachel exclaimed, rushing over to me. She was wearing something she would've worn a couple of months ago, ripped jeans and a green tshirt, covered in doodles and paint. Her hair was falling around her like a waterfall of lava.

     "Morning, Rachel." I smiled, kissing her quickly before looking at my friends hanging out on the couches.

     "You two have fun on your date," Piper said dismissively, waving her hand at us. She was playing cards with Annabeth, and seemed to be losing.

     Rachel and I grinned. "Don't miss us too much, Pipes."

     Piper rolled her eyes at my comment. "Oh, I won't." She looked up. "Just kidding, be back before dinner. Bye!"

     "Bye!" I called back as Rachel and I began heading out of the door. As I glanced over my shoulder at Piper and Annabeth, I could've sworn I saw the two of them glaring at Rachel.

     Ignoring it, I left. We came into the hallway, and held hands as we began going down the steps.

"So, what did you want to do first?" I asked her.

Rachel thought for a few seconds. "We could go to the ice cream shop?" She suggested.

     I laughed at that. "In this weather? Sure, why not?"

     She smiled and leaned against my arm as we walked out of the dorm and into the courtyard. She stayed that way as we left the school grounds and walked down the side of the mountain, then the short way to the town.

     "Ice cream!" She insisted, straightening up and tugging me along with her as she ran towards the ice cream shop.

We crashed inside, breathing heavily and laughing as I closed the door behind us. Rachel walked over to the ice cream flavors and began browsing, picking what she wanted.

I picked cherry vanilla, and Rachel picked chocolate.

This was the most surprising part, probably; Rachel paid for our ice cream. I thanked her as we sat down at one of the nearby tables.

"No problem, Percy." She replied, licking some chocolate off of her lips.

We ate our ice cream, playing I Spy with random things in the shop. It was kind of hard, because the inside so was colorful that there were so many different things to guess.

"I spy with my little eye..something green." Rachel said, and I began looking around.

There was a green booth seat, green spoons, a green frog painting, green pistachio ice cream.

"The frog?" I asked her, and she laughed,

"Yeah, your turn." She said as she licked her ice cream.

I looked around and saw a blue cat statue sitting next to the cash register. "I spy with my little eye, something blue."

Rachel's eyes flickered around the room, then she turned around in her seat. "The blueberry ice cream?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"Alright...Percy, is it that weird looking cat thing?"

I laughed and tried to look mad. "Hey, it's not weird looking. I think it's kind of cute."

Rachel turned around to face me again, smiling. "I think you're kind of cute," Rachel said, and I think I may have blushed.

"You're not too bad yourself, Rache." I teased, and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." She said, taking the last bite out of her waffle cone.

I finished a few seconds after her and we stood up to leave.

"Any ideas on where to go next?" I asked as we stepped outside. Rachel shivered, and I wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

Rachel smiled up at me appreciatively, then looked around. "I don't know, anywhere you want to go?" She asked me, and I shrugged.

"You want to go shopping?" I asked, really really hoping she'd say no.

"No, definitely not." Rachel laughed. "I don't even know why I got all that stuff. We should come back another day to return it all,"

I shrugged. "Keep it if you want," I replied.

Rachel leaned up and kissed me quickly before pulling away and saying, "you're too nice, Percy." There was a kind of sadness behind her eyes, and I didn't understand it.

"Come on, let's go to the music store." I said excitedly, and now it was my turn to drag her. I ran as fast as I could, wanting to see if I could find any records that I didn't already have.

When we got inside I stopped, breathing in the dusty aroma of all the old vinyls and cds, and I could practically feel the sweet sounds of music radiating around me.

I ran over to the section with newer music, and quickly flipped through them. Of course, who was I looking for? Taylor Swift. I needed evermore and lover, actually, I would die without them. To my dismay, they didn't have either.

We ended up leaving with a cheap 25 cent harmonica, which I insisted on repeatedly blowing into.

After about five minutes of just breathing through the harmonica, Rachel snatched it out of my mouth. "Percy, you can't just breathe through that thing forever. First, it's extremely obnoxious and loud, second, you just can't."

I put on my best pouty face. "At least let me do it until we get back to the dorm?"

Rachel sighed and handed me the bright blue harmonica, which I happily took and put back in my mouth.

The rest of the walk back to school was very tuneful.

***

We walked into the dorm and as I opened the door, I blew out on the harmonica. My friends on the floor all looked up at us, and Jason cracked up.

"You let him get a harmonica? Big mistake," Jason told Rachel.

Rachel reached up and took the harmonica out of my mouth. Again. "He said he'd only do it until we got back, and now we're back. Say bye bye, Percy."

I frowned and grabbed the harmonica, running over to Leo.

"Leo, I know you have some type of sharp object in your pocket," I whispered loudly, "if she tries to take the harmonica, throw it."

Rachel and Leo laughed, and Leo pretended to wind up his throw as Rachel stalked closer, going dramatically slow.

Then she pounced on me, and I squirmed underneath her, trying not to let her take the harmonica.

I managed to get the harmonica in my mouth, and I blew into it as hard as I could right into Rachel's face.

Rachel rolled off of me and glared at me. "Percy!" She scolded, and I helped her up.

"Don't mess with me and my harmonica," was my response before I kissed her.

After a few seconds, we were still kissing. Until somebody so rudely cleared their throat.

     "Are you two done? Gods, get a room," Jason said, rolling his eyes. I noticed Annabeth and Piper sharing a look, and I wondered what they had on their minds.

     Hazel was fanning her face, the way she ways did when one of us said something...suggestive. It was kinda of funny, actually.

     "Whatever, Jason." I replied, walking over to the couch. "You and Piper are just as bad."

     Piper glared at me. "Are not." She objected, sticking her tongue out at me.

     I stuck mine out back at her, and then I felt somebody take my hand. I looked over at Rachel, and she nodded her head towards the door, like she wanted to leave.

     "Rachel and I are going to go get to dinner early," I told them, already beginning to lead Rachel out of the dorm.

     "We all know that isn't what's about to happen," Leo grumbled. As I began closing the door behind us, he shouted, "USE PROTECTION!"

     "SHUT UP, VALDEZ!" I screamed back, then closed the door.

     "So," I said, looking at Rachel. We still stood by the door, and Rachel made no indication that she was about to start going down the stairs. "What's up?"

     Rachel stepped closer to me and kissed me, and it wasn't like the kiss we had in the common room a few moments ago. It was sweet, calm. There were no other intentions behind the kiss, other than the fact that we were just kissing the person we l..ike. Like. Not love, right?

     I closed the last gap between us, and we were pressed together. My hands were on her back, hers were in my hair. We stayed like that for gods knows how long, until we started to hear the door open.

     I tore away from her, and both of us grinned as we grabbed hands and fled down the stairs before our friends could see us.

     "Rachel?" I asked.

     We ran outside, then pressed our backs against the wall as we caught our breath. "Yeah?" She asked. She looked so pretty, her face flushed red and her eyes sparkling in the light of the sunset. I noticed her lips were slightly swollen.

     "I—" I stopped, gasping in another breath. "I love you."

     She smiled, staying quiet for a couple of seconds. "I love you too, Percy." She whispered, and even though she began walking off to the great hall, I saw a single tear trickle down her cheek.

Word count:1715 UGH I HATED THAT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 2K 36
Percy Jackson is a junior at Goode High. After his sister, Estelle, was born a few years ago, his life had never been the same. When someone finally...
12K 69 12
Photo credit: Viria.TumBlr.com Rated: pg13 Warning: alcohol, language, implied sex Summary: Annabeth is the good girl with good grades doing everyt...
274K 4.9K 15
Percy is finally going to school with Annabeth which means they get to spend more time together! But when Annabeth meets another boy in school and he...
55K 1.3K 10
Annabeth moves back to her old school. Goode High. The place she was forced away from because her dad got a job in California. The place that she ha...