Double Fault

By Kayhey18

Florence Bonsee was focused on Wimbledon and her budding tennis career. What she least expected was Charles L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Surprise!
5 years later

Epilogue

5K 120 18
By Kayhey18

CHARLES POV:

"Pierre you gotta help me," I said desperately as I packed the bag in the kitchen. Pull-ups, snacks, a plastic dinosaur, and waters. Christ I needed Florence here. Pierre was not nearly as helpful.

Pierre ran in looking just as exasperated. "Mate. Your kid is fucking Houdini. It's a lost cause."

I scrunched my face at his cuss word, knowing there were little ears around. I watched as Michelle covered her ears at the kitchen table.

"That's a bad word Uncle Pierre," she yelled out. Michelle then pouted and looked at him. "You're not talking about me are you?"

Pierre laughed and walked up to Michelle kissing the top of her head. "Never princess, you're too perfect."

Of course my daughter could do no wrong. Even when she did act up, which was rare, she could sucker any of us in. She was six years old now and already knew she had me and all of her uncles in the palm of her hands.

"Mind Pierre's words darling, he's talking about your brother." I zipped up the book bag and took a deep breath. "Sebastian," I yelled out. There was no response but little giggles came from the next room. "Sebastian Hervé Leclerc, I have fruit gummies!"

The sound of little feet came towards us, my three year old barreling in. I smiled at the little menace, quickly grabbing him and putting him on a chair. "Here you go," I sighed opening and handing him the snack which he simply grabbed. "chaussures rapides [shoes, quick]," I barked at Pierre. We only had a few seconds to act.

Pierre ran next to the door and grabbed the shoes holding them behind his back. Sebastian had formed a new behavior of hating putting on shoes because he knew it meant he had to leave his toys behind. I reached behind me grabbing the shoes and did my best to slide them on Sebastian's feet as quickly as possible.

"Quit it dad," Sebastian said with a full mouth and squirmed about. One shoe flew off and I had no other shot of getting the other one on.

"Okay no shoes it is," I huffed already giving up. The element of surprise was lost and Sebastian was a master of escape. I bent down grabbing the shoes and throwing them into the bag as well. "Bike time," I quickly transitioned putting the back back around my shoulder and grabbing my son.

"Where are we going?" I could hear his chewing in my ear.

I opened the door and left it open for Pierre and Michelle. Pierre would lock up while I got Sebastian situated.

"Une adventure," I smiled placing Sebastian on the kids seats attached to the bike. "It's gonna be fun." He clapped while I strapped him in and then put his helmet on.

"Let's go racing dad," he yelled. I kissed my son on the cheek taking in his happy face. He would be in a go kart in no time with his personality.

"Pierre you have Sebastian," I said rolling the bike over to him.

"But."

I hushed him. "I'll take my little bug," I smiled down at Michelle who lit up as soon as I finished talking.

"I get to ride with you dad?" Her voice was excited.

"Always." The calmness beginning now that Sebastian was strapped in and couldn't escape, plus getting to go on a bike ride with my daughter. I picked her up and put her on the little seat built in front of mine.

"You gonna hold on tight?"

Michelle nodded her head as I put on her helmet. She grabbed on to the handle bars already. I got on the bike making sure she was all settled in front of me then reached around her to the handle bars.

"Jeez. You two could not look more alike already," Pierre said from his bike looking at both of us.

"Yeah," I asked.

"Is that a good thing daddy?" Michelle's curious tone making me smile.

"Just ask mom, she can give you the best answer. But I will go ahead and say of course."

I looked over to Pierre with Sebastian strapped down in the kid seat that was attached behind him. Sebastian looked like Florence. The dark hair, similar skin tone, and same smile. He laughed like her too.

Pierre picked up his feet and started biking away from the house and I followed, we were headed to the Monte-Carlo Masters.

~

It was crowded when we parked our bikes, everyone seemed to be coming to this final. I threw Michelle up on my shoulders while Pierre kept Sebastian in his arms. As wild as Sebastian could be, he was shy in crowds and clung to Pierre as we made it into the side entrance of the stadium and up to the suite. My mom and brothers thankfully waiting for us.

Sebastian immediately reached for my mom and Pierre handed him off. Sebastian buried his face into my mom while she whispered to him.

"No shoes Charlie?"

I shook my head and dropped the bag on the ground. "I tried I promise. They are in the bag if you can work some of your magic." I let Michelle down from my shoulders and she ran over to Arthur who was already waiting for her to jump into his arms.

Finally free of getting my kids here I took a deep breath and walked to the ledge that looked onto the court. Florence was on the bench getting ready to warm up against some young new tennis player. Arya Benson, she was a star out of Canada.

Like she knew I had arrived, Florence stood and looked up to the box where I was. She gave me a wave and blew me a kiss from the court. I did my best to wave back but she had already turned and ran to the baseline to begin warming up. My eyes closed trying to imagine the win for Florence.

"You sure you ready for this," Lorenzo said beside me. He put his arm around my shoulder pulling me close.

I looked over to my brother who was smiling at me. "She is, I don't think I am."

Lorenzo gave me a little shake. "You're ready. Today is the perfect day for it."

"I love watching her play tennis. This moment just always felt forever away."

"Retirement is gonna look good on her," Lorenzo said. "I promise."

I nodded while I watched her warmup with serves. Everyone knew this was Florence's final tournament. No one knew she was going to make it to the final. Her last match in Monaco being a final seemed perfect. To Florence, she told me this morning it was a sign she was making the right decision.

"Just don't cry watching. The media will eat you up," Lorenzo teased.

"Mate, I can be a stone wall," I smiled sending my elbow into Lorenzo's side. He brought his arm down and nudged me with his shoulder. "Now I have to go watch with Gregor," I said turning around to check in with my family.

Pierre had gone to get Kika, Lando, Laurie, Max, and Kelly. They would be joining in the suite for Florence's last match. My mom had Sebastian on her lap and was putting on his shoes with ease. I walked to my mom who gave me a smile.

"You gonna be okay sweetheart?"

I nodded and sat next to her. "I think so. I'm gonna go join Gregor court-side. You okay with this munch?" My hand raised and ruffled Sebastian's hair.

"My little angel, of course," my mom said. "Tell Gregor I say hello and will see him after the match." My mom leaned over kissing my cheek before I stood.

Michelle was over by Arthur so I walked to them. "You wanna go watch mom by the court. You can sit with me and Pops," I said to Michelle. She ran over from Arthur and clung to my leg.

"Please," she said hugging my leg tightly.

"Of course," I smiled leaning down and picking up my daughter. "Then you can come hang out with Uncle Arthur when you want."

"I'll be ready," Arthur said. "Have fun."

I gave Arthur a wink and walked to the opening of the suite that led to the stands. After climbing down the stairs, I was in the box with the team. Daniel welcomed me along with Gregor who was happy to see us both.

"We have a tennis fan," I said putting Michelle down. Gregor bent down and picked up his granddaughter with a moan.

"Oh good, I can coach you up," Gregor smiled kissing her cheek.

We sat back down and Michelle stayed in Gregor's lap.

"You ready," I asked him.

He sighed and shook his head. "Not really, but she is. So retirement here we come."

"Yeah me neither. But you'll come out of retirement to coach up Michelle in no time," I said.

"Hope so," he smiled giving her a squeeze. Michelle jumped down and leaned onto the rail cheering on her mom. We watched as Florence headed back to her bench getting ready for announcements to start the match. She looked over to us and waved with a smile. Flo looked relaxed and ready.

I pulled my sunglasses down to hide my eyes.

Michelle turned around looking at us. "Pops, how do you not get nervous for mom? I'm so worried for her."

Gregor laughed and pulled his sunglasses off his face. "Here, this helps feel confident," he said placing the oversized glasses on her face. "Gives you superpowers just like your mom."

I looked down at my daughter who had a huge smile on her face, the glasses far too big for her face. She thanked pops then turned back to the railing.

"What are you going to do," I asked curiously.

Gregor leaned back and took a deep breath. "Enjoy it," he said simply.

I nodded trying to do the same and focused on the court. Florence was back up and headed to the baseline getting ready to start the match. The announcer's voice booming over the intercom introducing Arya. Then he moved onto Florence.

"Ladies and gentleman. Please give a round of applause for our own Monaco tennis player."

Gregor scoffed beside me and mumbled Italian which made me smile.

"3 time Wimbledon Champion. 2 time US Open Champion. Last years French Open Champion. In her last match, I'm proud to introduce one of the greats in women's tennis. Florence Bonsee Leclerc."

I immediately stood with everyone in the stadium. Florence received a standing ovation from every fan here. She spun and gave a wave to the whole crowd. I was happy to have the sunglasses on, Lorenzo was right because tears were in my eyes watching my wife on the court for her final match. She was incredible.

Michelle was bouncing below me cheering, so I picked her up and had her watch with me while the standing ovation continued.

Once the crowd quieted we took our seats and looked to the court. Florence took a deep breath and began bouncing the ball for the first serve.  She was the image from when I first saw her play tennis 8 years ago.

DailyMail: Charles Leclerc, Pierre Gasley, friends, and family gather for Florence Leclerc's final tennis match in Monaco.

ESPN: Florence Bonsee Leclerc retires with fairytale ending. Leclerc finishes tennis career as Monte-Carlos Masters Champion with family at her side.

*** Now the end! Let me know some of your favorite moments in the book. Hope you all enjoyed 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 749 34
Éléanor Wolff Is trying to move on from a bad breakup. What better way to do that then to join her dad and friends along for the 2022 season of Formu...
7.7K 38 14
This is a story about a formula 1 driver for Mercedes that goes by y/n y/l/n and her Journey of becoming one of the top f1 drivers but in her journey...
32.8K 762 27
in which Adelaide Moreau figures out that the love she needed was right under her nose the whole time. • charles leclerc x fem oc
687K 10K 54
'And there's no way that I'll end up being with you but friends don't look at friends that way'. In which Noelle wonders if this boy will be worth wa...