House of Memories (Book 2)

By amengaywomen_3d

As the shadow phoenix arises in one place, it is pushed down on another. Ruby is more frightened by her power... More

Chapter 1- A dark reflection
Chapter 2- Crushing
Chapter 3- The woods' dark beauty
Chapter 4- Third energy
Chapter 5- Stalker
Chapter 6- Deadly mission
Chapter 7- Into the lion's den
Chapter 8- Dreams
Chapter 9- Riding down a hill
Chapter 10- A magic love
Chapter 11- Saving the Groom
Chapter 12- Lord Copycat
Chapter 13- Dark Essence
Chapter 14- The Professor
Chapter 15- Reunited
Chapter 16- You're such a back stabber
Chapter 17- In the way of love
Chapter 18- Familiar
Chapter 20- Demon slayer
Chapter 21- Ripped paper
Chapter 22- Threatened
Chapter 23- Longing and Heartbreak
Chapter 24- Runaways
Chapter 25- Exhaustion
Chapter 26- Little One
Chapter 27- Weak
Chapter 28- The offer of a lifetime
Chapter 29- Confession
Chapter 30-Gangbanger
Chapter 31- New allies
Chapter 32- The power of Music
Chapter 33-It's all your fault
Chapter 34- Comfort
Chapter 35- Invitation
Chapter 36- Party
Chapter 37- Halloween Pranks

Chapter 19- Flaw

380 27 9
By amengaywomen_3d

Ruby drank her smoothie with a frown on her face. Although she told her sister to forget about those girls, she herself couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity and the fact that she couldn't wrap her finger around who they were was stressing her out more than it should. And the constant wordless whispering around her wasn't helping at all.

Can't just everyone shut up and let me think?

But no matter how many times she asked for it, the whispering only intensified and the weirdest thing was, that looking around she noticed no one was whispering. In fact, every person on the garden was talking loudly and clearly. She couldn't help but wonder who was whispering so loudly, but so quietly at the same time.

"Heeey, Magix to Ruby." Kaylus called, waving her tiny hand in front of her Fairy's face and snapping her out of her trance.

"Huh? What?" The redhead asked, coming back to reality.

"You zoned out and you looked kind of worried." Layla said. "Everything ok?"

Ruby hesitated for a moment before answering, listening carefully for any more mysterious whispering that happily didn't appear again.

"Yeah. I'm fine don't worry." She answered, however her friends didn't seem very convinced.

"Are you sure?" Musa asked.

"Absolutely, Muse." Ruby replied, offering her a reassuring smile. "What were you saying before you spoke to me?"

"Oh, yeah, I wanted to know if any of you remember where it goes Pa-ra-pa-pa-pa, and then the rythym guitar comes in?" Musa asked, with a happy smile replacing her concerned expression.

"Excuse me, what?" Kaylus asked, not sure of what she meant.

"Right, that's where I was going to go like this..." Layla said before doing some dance moves while trying to balance the sleeping Piff on her head. At the end, after she did a moonwalk, she almost dropped her drink, but luckily she grabbed it and smiled triumphly at the others. "Ta-da."

The three laughed together, while Piff woke up from her sleep and stared at the Fairies with a tired and grumpy look.

"That was great, Michael Jackson." Ruby praised, making her blush slightly.

The redhead's smile fell upon seeing the teal-haired girl from earlier, Agnes. approach them. They locked eyes and Ruby found herself getting lost in the mesmerizing golden orbs of the girl. Noticing this reaction, Agnes smirked mischieviously making her heart skip a beat.

Get it together girl, you're dating.

The girl's smile widened even more, confusing Ruby. As she walked past them, Musa and Layla also noticed her and stared at her passing by.

"That's strange. That girl looks awfully familiar." Musa said, frowning in thought.

"You noticed that too?" Ruby asked, staring at the back of the witch.

"What's wrong, girls?" Layla asked.

Deep in thought, Musa suddenly gasped as realization hit her.

"That is Darcy." The Fairy shouted, shocking her two friends.

"Curses." The girl whispered under her breath before running off at full speed.

"That's her, come on let's go." Musa said, throwing her smoothie behind her back before running after the witch, followed by Layla.

Ruby, who was paralized by an emotion she couldn't quite understand, snapped awake and drank the rest of her drink in one gulp before running after her friends, throwing the cup on the ground. She caught up to them fast, but once she reached them, Darcy was already out of sight.

"Over there." Layla said before accidentally bumping into Tecna, causing her to fall to the ground.

"What are you doing?" The pink-haired Fairy asked.

"Did someone just run by?" Layla asked, avoiding her question.

"Negative." Tecna said.

"Sensors haven't picked up anything." Digit infromed them, looking at a complicated graphic she projected with her bracelet.

"Why... are you... so fast?" Kaylus asked, flying up to them panting and sweating. She sat on Ruby's shoulder and took Tune's paper fan to refresh her.

"We were chasing Darcy." Musa said.

"Totally ilogical." Tecna argued. "No Trix would come alone to Specialist Central when all of us Fairies are here."

"You're right, I didn't really get a good look." Musa said. "But then she ran away when we called out."

"Actually, I don't think she came alone." Ruby said, gaining the others attention. "I saw her with two other girls by the teachers quarters eralier. It might've been Icy and Stormy."

"If it was her I'm sure she'll show up again." Layla said. 

"Ok, we better not sound the alarm yet, but let's keep our eyes peeled. Now let's join the others." Musa said.

Ruby didn't waste a second to turn on her heels and walk away towards the stadium.

"Whoa, why the rush, Ruby?" Kaylus asked, flying off Ruby's shoulder.

"I've got to find Ebony. I don't feel at ease knowing the Trix might be around and I'm not there with her to protect her." Ruby explained, making Kaylus roll her eyes.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She's a Fairy too." She grumbled.

"Why don't you like her?" Ruby asked, catching the Pixie off guard.

"Huh? What?" She asked. "Whatever do you mean?"

"Please, Kay, I'm not blind. I've noticed the looks you, Robin, Bloom, the Ghouls and even Amore give her." Ruby said. "You guys liked her before we started dating. Why are you so against this relationship?"

"It's complicated, Ruby." Kaylus sighed. The two entered the arena, with the other girls and Pixies following behind them. They sat on some random seats and waited for the rest of the Winx and Ghouls to arrive. "We just think she's not good for you."

"I know she kind of can be a bitch sometimes but, believe or not, that's one of the things I like most about her." Ruby said.

"Oh, I believe you. I know your type." Kay said. "You like them cold and calculated. You like them flirty and manipulative. You like them feisty, but somehow sweet. But one person is not all of that."

"Ebony is." Ruby said.

Kaylus thought for a second, frowning. But no matter how hard she thought about it, she couldn't think of a moment the brunette Fairy ever showed any sign of having those personalities. Not even one of them. But before she could give voice to her thougths, the arena errupted in loud clapping and screams as Sky and Riven stepped into the fighting area and started their duel.

"Hi, baby." Ebony said, running to sit next to Ruby and kiss her.

"Hi, Peach." The redhead greeted, kissing her forehead. The relationship opposers fake threw up without them seeing.

Their attention shifted back to the fight as the crowd made some incredulous noises. Riven had thrown at Sky a smoke ball with a weird green substance.

"Oh, was that legal?" Bloom asked, worriedly.

"Barely, but yes." Musa answered. "As long as the gas isn't toxic they can use smoke bombs."

"Then what was that green stuff?" Stella asked.

"Most likely sleeping smoke." Digit answered.

"Well, if it is, it doesn't seem to affect Sky very much." Ruby said, watching the blonde Specialist defeat Riven with a swift movement.

"Sky won." Bloom said, happily.

"Those are the rules." Tecna said, seeming upset that the blonde had won.

"You fall you lose." Digit clarified.

Ruby looked back at the two boys. Sky tried to help Riven back up at his feet, but the bitter Specialist refused and began to angrily argue with the winner. The blonde ended the arguement quickly and Riven walked away furious.

"What a sore loser." Ruby said, rolling her eyes.

"Sky was so great. Wasn't he amazing?" Bloom asked, admiring her boyfriend.

"He deflected every blow." Musa said, sad that Riven had lost.

"And now it's Brandon's match." Stella said, smiling once she saw the brunette boy walk into the fighting zone along with another Specialist.

The unknown fighter got into a fighting stance while Sky and Brandon shared a few words, probably planning the attack. While they talked, Ruby felt a shiver run down her spin and her stomach tightened as she sensed danger approaching. It didn't take long to know what was coming.

A gigantic creature with the head and body of a lion, snakes for arms and bat wings stretching out from its back flew high above the arena, blocking out the sunlight and spreading panic all over. The audience ran away screaming, and some even crying, while the monster destroyed the newly built stadium.

"We've got to intervene." Bloom said.

"Magic Winx." The six Winx said, transforming into their Fairy outfits.

"Ebony, go somewhere safe." Ruby said as the other girls flew up to assist the Specialists.

"No, I can fight." The brunette argued. 

Ruby cupped her face in her hands and stared deep into her eyes.

"Please, Peach. I know you can fight, but I can't risk it. I need you to be safe." Ruby pleaded and, with a bit of hesitation, the brunette nodded and walked away with Robin, the Ghouls and the Pixies. 

When Ruby took flight towards the fight, they all turned to Ebony and glared daggers at her.

"You don't deserve her." They all spat, before resuming their walk to a safe place.

Rocks fell on the Specialists, who struggled to protect themselves with their shields which were slowly breaking. Ruby created a large energy shield above the boys and the rocks fell on it, breaking into tiny pieces.

"Pfew, that was close." Sky said, once the rocks stopped falling and Ruby lowered the shield. "Thank you, Ruby,"

"Get going, you guys." Bloom shouted.

"We'll take care of this." Stella said, smirking confidentaly.

"Will we?" Ruby asked, not waiting to be answered before flying towards the creature.

"Grossest Critter I've ever seen." Stella commented, staring at it.

"Specialists, report to your team. Evacuate the area." Codatorta ordered.

"Come on, we've got work to do." Bloom said getting ready to fight the monster.

The three, Bloom, Stella and Ruby, blasted the monster with three attacks, but it didn't even acknowledge them and continued to spread terror elsewhere.

"Ugh, I can't stand being ignored." Stella complained.

"I ignore you all the time." Ruby reminded her.

"Yeah, but you're you and I know you love me, so..."

"Come again?"

"Let's go." Codatorta shouted, flying towards the monster on a white dragon and being followed by other Specialists mounted in similar beasts.

"I'm not having any better luck." Layla informed them.

"But we gotta keep it busy while the boys evacuate the crowd." Stella said.

"Yeah, I only wish Professor Avalon were here." Bloom said, looking down sadly.

"Bloom, I swear to God, I'm gonna slap you so hard that you won't even remember that Avalon is a person's name." Ruby threatened.

"Let's try a double-sided assault." Flora suggested. "Me and Ruby will attack from above and you from below."

"You got it." Bloom said, flying below the monster with the other Winx while Flora and Ruby flew upwards. 

Unfortunately, before they could attack in any way, the creature saw them and roared, some gooey thing coming out of its mouth adn going straight towards the two Fairies, dirtying them completely.

"Ugh, I'm gonna throw up." Ruby said, closing her mouth tightly to stop her breakfast from spilling out.

The monster lunged at them, but suddenly some thin and yellow ropes got wrapped around the monster's body, stopping it from eating the girls. Looking up, they saw a boy with long black hair holding the creature with some ropes coming out of his glove.

"Who the fuck is that guy?" Ruby asked.

"Flora, are you alright?" He asked. 

Instead of answering Flora sighed wistfully at him, her eyes filled with nothing more than admiration for the boy.

"She's fine, Helia." Sky answered for the Fairy with a knowing smile.

"I feel like I missed something." Ruby said, looking at her friend suspisciously. Suddenly, Helia released the monster and simply walked away, enabling it to attack again. "What the fuck, bro?"

"Oh, no he set it free." Bloom gasped.

"You're a genius, Helia. Why don't you send us a few more monsters while you're at it?" Stella said sarcastically, irritated at the Specialist.

"That glove probably didn't have enough power to hold it back for that long." Tecna criticized.

The monster punched the wall where Helia previosuly stood and destroyed it completely. The Winx and Specialists ran behind some boulders to hide and plan in detail the next attack.

"Now this plan depends on us Specialists." Sky said.

"Sexist much." Ruby joked, making the blonde blush and hurry to apologize. "Dude, relax, I'm kidding."

"Magic is useless against the monster and the Pixies aren't much help either." Bloom said.

"So what's the plan?" Riven asked.

"We'll do what Helia did and use ropes to reign in the monster. For that, we'll have to work together and target the exact same spot." Sky explained.

"Ok, you're in charge for now." Riven said, getting closer to his rival. "But just wait till I beat you." 

"Didn't you hear him, Riven?" Liam ask. "We've got to work together so calm that attitude and put on a smile."

"How about you act less like an idiot and take things more seriously?" Riven argued angrily.

"How about you two just shut the fuck up and listen." Ruby said, successfully shuting them up.

"Let's go." Sky said, mounting his dragon along with Brandon, Timmy, Riven and Liam. "Come on, let's get its attention."

While the boys attacked, the girls got ready for their part of the plan.

"Tecna, can you position the others?" Bloom asked, while the Technology Fairy clicked on some holographic panels she created.

"Specialists, take up your positions for a 20 meter radius." She said.

"How much is that in inches?" Liam yelled.

"Beats me." Ruby yelled back.

"It's 65 feet, now get in position." Tecna angrily shouted, making Liam get in position without wasting a second.

"Ropes." Bloom shouted and the Specialists who were on land fired some cannons that shot ropes instead of iron balls.

The ropes wrapped around the monster, stopping it from moving too much. However the restraints weren't strong enough and started breaking.

"Arms of the earth." Flora said, blowing some pollen to the ground right below the monster where thick plant roots grew from, wrapping themselves around the beast and keeping it motionless.

"Yeah, got it. I found it's weak spot, under it's throat." Tecna informed them, furiosuly clicking buttons on her holograms.

"Ok, now." Bloom shouted and the Specialists got under the monster and joined their swords in the air.

"Timmy watch out." Tecna shouted, notcing the clumsy Specialist almost fall off his dragon.

"Oh, I'm ok." He said, joining his sword with the others.

They pierced the creatures thick skin all together making it roar in pain so loudly that the sound waves pushed the Specialists backwards. Fortunately, the monster exploded with a loud boom, leaving only ashes and smoke behind. No one noticed the weird, featherless crow flying away.

The Winx and Specialists celebrated loudly and hugged each other before flying away from the stadium to infrom Codatorta and Saladin that the battle had been won.

"Thank you, Winx. We appreciate your help." Saladin said.

 Suddenly, Ebony appeared behind Ruby and jumped on her back with a wide smile.

"Oh, I was so worried, baby." Ebony said, leaving a lingering kiss on her girlfriend's cheek.

"We all were." Robin said, walking up to them as well.

"We're fine guys. That smelly beast was no match for the Winx Club." Stella said smugly.

"Did you catch the Trix?" Bloom asked hopefully.

"Unfortunately, no, Bloom. They got away." Codatorta informed them, disappointedly.

"The Trix?" Ruby asked. "Do you think they're still around?"

"No, I believe they fled." Saladin answered. "But why do you want to know, Ruby?"

"Why do I want to know?" The redhead repeated with an humourless chuckle. "That's a great question."

Why do I?

Bloom glanced at her sister worriedly, but before she could question her further, Ebony pulled her away from them, worry splashed across her face.

"Let's go, Ru. You shouldn't worry about those three. They're obviously cowards if they didn't even try to engage in combat." The brunette told her. Ruby's eyes went pitch black as she stared at her girlfriend, the irises glowing a deep red.

"Smartness is not the same as cowardice." Ruby growled, startling Ebony and all the others. "Do not call them that again."

"Ruby, why are you reacting like that?" Flora asked. Ruby shook her head and blinked, her eyes' glow diming. She looked around at her friends and Ebony as if she just woke up from a dream.

"What? What did you say?" The redhead asked, concerning everyone.

"Ruby what's the last thing you remember us talking about?" Garry asked.

"What do you mean? We were literally just telling you guys that we were fine." Ruby said, chuckling.

The Winx stared at her worriedly while Robin, Kaylus and Amore glared at Ebony, who was also growing concerned, but about something very different.

"Ruby, are you ok?" Musa asked.

"Yes of course, why wouldn't I be?" 

"You know what? You're probably tired." Ebony said, chuckling nervously while grabbing her girlfriend's hand. "Let's lay under that tree for you to get some rest."

"I could use a nap." Ruby said, making the brunette chuckle and they walked away. "Bye, girls."

"What happened to her?" Liam asked, watching the two lovers walk away. 

"She just forgot about what we were talking in a literal blink of an eye." Musa said.

"It was such a weird reaction." Tecna said.

Bloom looked at Robin, who shook their head, silently telling her to not say anything.

"Ebony's probably right. Ruby's just tired. It's been a long day." Bloom said, wanting to calm her friend's nerves. "We could all use some rest after all."

"Don't tell me. I feel like I'm about to pass out here." Stella joked.

"Let's just go sit for a while." Flora suggested and they walked away towards an isolated area of trees.

"The spell has a flaw." Amore whispered as soon as they were at a safe distance. "I knew Ruby was too powerful to just fall under a spell like that."

"A flaw? What does that mean? That Ruby can break the spell on her own?" Bloom asked.

"No, but it does mean that we might be able to identify, and posibly break, the spell more easily." Greg said.

"Well, Robin. You and me have got work to do." Kaylus said.

"And so do you, Ghouls." Amore said, pointing to Ebony and Ruby cuddling against the tree. "Stop that nonesense."

"Yes ma'am." The three Ghouls said at the same time, running off to ruin the girls' moment.

"I'm going to speak to Professor Avalon, he might help us." Bloom said, her eyes lighting up when she saw the handsome Professor approaching them.

"No, don't you dare tell him, Bloom." Robin scolded. "This is a very big secret that no one can know about, let alone a fucking Professor. I know you admire him, slash have an obvious crush on him, but you can't do that. Me and Kay will find a way on our own, we don't need Mr. Pedo over there, ok? Do it for Ruby."

"Fine, I won't ask for his help." Bloom sighed. "But I'll still go talk to him."

"Fine, do whatever you want. We'll go try to trigger more flaws in the spell." Kaylus said.

"The mention of the Trix is what triggered it earlier, let's try that again." Amore suggested.

"Yes, but only when Ebony is not around." Bloom said. "She'll immediately change subject."

"Good poing." Robin said. "Alright, let's get to work and Bloom... please don't bang the teacher."

"I'm not going to..." The blushing redhead didn't get to finish since the three walked away laughing, irritating her further. "I don't have a crush on him."

The redhead turned around and walked towards the Professor who was already waiting for her. 

As she approached him, she found herself doing something she never thought she would. She found herself putting all her hopes on the Trix. The hopes that they would save her sister and get her back on their side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 25 27
In a world where mystical talents mysteriously vanish without a trace on Earth. The Winx, now graduated from Alfea, find themselves thrust into a per...
255K 3K 33
A new enemy is on the rise for taking over the entire Magical Dimension. But first, this enemy must face the Winx, who will stop at nothing to make s...
102K 3.9K 66
This is a winx club story where Bloom has a younger, goth weird sister who's an outcast and suffers with depression. She's the keeper of the most pow...
29.4K 653 26
Cover: https://pin.it/1KYGXOB Icy the leader of the Trix. A group of 3 ''powerful'' witches against a group of 6 fairies, to lock the Legendarium wor...