His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.

No More Secrets!

799 19 5
By Marie_Curia

There are no secrets that time does not reveal!

~about three days later, late morning, palace, Daniel's office~

Daniel's pov

"The coronation is going to take place in one month from now. And our wedding in three..." I state and Landon's jaw drops from shock.

I do my best to hold myself back from laughing at his reaction. I don't know why I had the impression that he would take it calmly. He is always so expressive (and excessive), so how did I think that he would be fine with the news?

Okay, okay, I'm aware of the fact that nobody expected these two so important events so soon, but Diana and I didn't want to wait for too long! What else could we do?

I take my eyes from Landon, who is still shocked and speechless and I look at the others. Jeremy and Elias are smiling brighthly, Thomas, Hunter and Parker exchange enthousiastic gazes and Preston (yes, the well-known one, who shot Aiden, and I got in me the middle and took the bullet) can't hide his excitement. I had no doubt that they would be happy with the news, but I still feel relieved to see their expessions and I hate that Aiden is not here with us.

I am sure you know where he is, at the hospital with Mila. He rarely leaves her side, but fortunately Mila leaves hospital in a while, since she is absolutely fine and Nikki with Robert have run all the necessary tests and the results were excellent.

"Man, it's too soon! You can't mean it!" Landon speaks up after some seconds of dead silence and I laugh shortly.

"I just knew you would say that!" Elias says with a smirk and Jeremy nods.

Well, I knew it too, but I can't blame him for this. All I'm trying to say is that he has a point.

"But I am right! In less than two months Jeremy and I are getting married! In about three and half months Nikki is giving birth and we have to prepare the baby's room. And let's not mention all these rogues we have to take care of! We need to find them a place to live, the best pack for each and every one of them and so many other things..." Landon replies ready to get panicked and I cough nervously realizing that he has a huge point.

I had thought of all these before, I am prepared to work all day and all night nonstop until we are done with everything, but maybe Landon is absolutely right this time.

"Every Alpha and Luna will be invited for Diana's coronation and the wedding. We don't have space for them." Landon continues and now all the others look worried as well.

Of course we don't have space for the guests, the rogues live with us, all of them. And they won't leave until we find a pack for each and every one of them. It is going to take us some time to arrange everything, we will have to talk with the packs and the rogues. We must listen to all of them, we need to know what they want, this is the only way we make everyone happy and please them all.

"Just for Diana's coronation. The wedding will take place only with our friends and families." I rush to correct him, because we talked about it with Diana and we agreed that we want our wedding as private as possible.

At least we can avoid a huge wedding with so many guests and protocols to follow. My parents had so many things to do their wedding day that they didn't have the opportunity to actually 'live' their moment. My mother said that it was chaotic and I already know I don't want that.

"Great, but again... The coronation is in one month! This doesn't solve the problem!" Landon replies and exhales heavily.

"Yeah, that's correct..." Hunter says troubled.

"Did you talk about all these with Diana?" Jeremy asks me and I nod immediately.

"We did, but we have to find a solution the sooner! We can't invite the Alphas at Diana's coronation, if we don't have rooms for them!" I reply and rub the back of my neck.

I shouldn't get so nervous, I mean that we can make it and we will. We have been through worse, but we succeeded. If we sit down and work hard like every other time before, we will have no problem at all.

"Look, I am aware of the situation and that we are running out of time, but we are too many. I will arrange a meeting before dinner, the girls and my parents will come as well and we will decide everything together. We will share the tasks and everthing is going to be alright!" I say calmer and more hopeful than before and the guys shake their heads in agreement.

Great!

"Daniel is right! The girls will certainly help with the weddings, the baby's room and the preparations for Diana's coronation and we can talk with the packs and the rogues. And we can count on Martin and their previous third commander to help us." Thomas adds and Preston clears his throat nervously and I turn to look at him.

I can see that he wants to say something, but he hesitates. He still feels guilty for what he did, but there is not reason, because he is one of us now. He proved it and I am going to let him prove it again and again. He needs to feel equal, because he is!

"Yes, Preston?" I ask and shake my hand for him to speak.

"Maybe I could help you with them too. I know most of them. They will feel better with me. I mean... It's your and Diana's decision what to do, you will make the plan, but I have some ideas about finding the right pack for all of them." He explains without taking breath and Landon, who sits next to him, smirks pleased.

This is one more thing that I find hard to believe. Landon is going to become best friend with him. Not to mention that he wants to make him an interrogator, which I find a great idea. Landon has a good heart, but it's a surprise for me to see him so willing to open up to someone we didn't know some days ago and used to be our enemy.

"Tell us more about your ideas..." He encourages him and Preston bites his lower lip, takes a deep breath and starts.

"Daniel and Diana said that if we want it to work, we have to make sure everyone is pleased. So... Everyone has a talent, something he is good at, or something he wants to do. What if we asked them what they want? It will be easier to find them a new home..."

"So... You are saying that we must choose the packs they will join according to their... Um... Abilities?" Parker asks thoughtfully.

"Yes! In this way the packs will accept them more easily. Think about it! If a pack needs more fighters, a new fighter will be welcomed immediately. The same goes with guards, trackers, nurses, teachers and anybody else!" He quickly responds and I shake my head in approval.

The truth is that Diana had told me something like that yesterday morning, when we were alone in my office, but I'm happy Preston proves to be so creative and thoughtful. I can see how much he wants our new members find the right place for them and that's why I will let him work on it.

"Fantastic! So... Preston, Martin and Tanner (the third commander that promised loyalty to Diana and next me) will make a list with our new members' preferences and abillities and in the meanwhile Landon and Jeremy will ask from every Alpha to send us a list with what specialties his pack needs." I announce and then it's Hunter's turn to speak.

"And Thomas, Parker and I could visit the packs next and verify how many members every pack can accept and if they are positive about them or not. We can't just send them without being certain that they will be fully accepted and respected!"

"That's it! It sounds like a plan to me, a perfect one! We start tomorrow!" I say confidently and they all nod smiling.

"And Daniel will give the final permission after he checks everything, but it will be easy with such detailed work! Some of the new members will stay here after all, we needs some warriors and guards. And I will be responsible for them." Elias commends.

See? It won't be a problem!

We are a great team and we prove it every single time. We count on each other and I'm grateful for finding these guys. Some months ago, I would call you crazy, if you told me that I would make some news 'brothers'. I had never imagined a big family, but look at us now...

I met Diana (again) and she opened a door to a whole new world for me. I don't feel lost and alone anymore. Before Diana I thought that I was perfectly fine on my own, but now I realize that I was lying to myself. I always had my parents, Landon, Jeremy and Elias, but I was dead inside, I was miserable, desperate. Right now I am more than happy, I feel completed, alive!

"How do you feel about getting married, Your Royal Highness?"

I snap my head to Thomas, who waits for my answer with a warm smile on his face. His question leaves me breathless and surprised for a moment, but too soon I find myself excited as I repeat his question in my head.

Devon purrs from joy and I put my best not to cry for him. I can't describe how proud I am for making him feel this way. He totally deserves it, he was in pain for years because of me and my actions, and now he found his peace, the mate he wanted and deserved, and our relationship is ideal!

"Seriously? I'm blissful! It's like a dream! I can't wait!" I reply as I fight to hold back my tears.

"We can't either! For the six of you, let's not forget the girls!" Hunter murmurs and after me he turns and looks Landon and Jeremy.

"I would love to be in a corner and observe them talking about it right now! They will be freaked out!" Parker says and laughs with most of the guys laughing in the thought.

Diana and the girls are all together as you can imagine. We wanted to make the announcement seperately to our friends even though later we will meet to go and announce the exact dates to Gideon and my father, but I would die to be present right now and listen to them discussing and making plans.

"Ellie and Violet will be screaming, no doubt! Nikki will be crying from the hormones. Alice will be handing Nikki tissues to wipe her tears. Andrea and Peyton will be jumping up and down. And Susan, Lora, Emily and Stacy will be hugging Diana and let's not mention the plans they will be making about the decorations and the dresses!" Parker continues and this time we all break into hysteric laughter.

Seriously, he couldn't describe it better! I agree with him, it's like they are in front of my eyes, it's amazing.

"You nailed it!" Jeremy exclaims and starts laughing louder.

"Just imagine them some hours before the weddings and the coronation!" Thomas adds and almost falls from the sofa he sits.

"I will lock myself in a room at the opposite side of the palace these days!" Jeremy announces and this time I lose my breath and my stomach beggings to hurt as tears run from my eyes.

"With Ellie being your mate, I don't blame you! In fact, if I were you, I would lock myself in a cell and give the key to Preston!" Landon yells while trying to breathe and stop laughing, but his words don't help us calm down.

A new round of laughter begins and Jeremy turns to Landon and starts punching him on the shoulder playfully.

"Nothing will save Jeremy from Ellie!" Elias says and wipes his tears.

"I would throw her the key without protests and then I would run away!" Preston states and Parker laughs so hard that falls from the sofa.

"Traitor!"

~in the meanwhile, Jonathan's office~

Gideon's pov

"Come on, let's get inside..." Jonathan tells me softly and opens his office's door.

He motions for me to get in first and I walk with him following me immediately. I exhale harshly and head straight to the closest window. I stop some meters later when I reach two steps from the big window and I cross my arms on my chest.

My wolf is moving restlessly in my mind, he hasn't stopped growling from the moment Jonathan told me that Mila left hospital some minutes ago. Victoria mind-linked him to inform us that Aiden takes his mother to her new room and she accompanies them. Jonathan knew I wanted to avoid them and that's why he told me to come here.

These last days are real hell for me. I haven't met her and I don't want to meet her until she leaves. Victoria talked to me few days ago and informed me about her discussion with Mila.

She knows... And she wants to leave!

Victoria didn't tell me details and to be honest I wasn't ready to know, I didn't ask her, but from the way she was talking to me I understood that Mila didn't take it very well.

I hate myself for this, but there is nothing else I can do. This is the right thing and I'm relieved Mila took this decision and accepted to forget about it, about... Us!

I can't be with her, I can't forget. I can forgive though, as I know the whole truth, but some memories with always haunt me. I have talked to nobody about it, not even Jonathnan, but deep inside I have forgiven Mila, she was one more victim of Mason's madness. I feel sorry for her, I want her to be safe and happy, but I can't be with her. I am not angry at her, I am angry at our fate. She did love Aiden and Diana and she paid the cost of this love...

It hurts a lot, my heart is burning and my wolf is suffering for my choice and my behavior, but there is no other way. I say nothing, because I don't want to change my mind about it, I can't! If I confess to Jonathan how I truly feel, he will try to change my decision and in the end he will, probably because I know that rejecting Mila will be wrong.

I have to repeat to myself that she won't be happy with me. I will always remember, I will always be angry, she will always sense it, she will be in pain all the time.

"How do you feel?" Jonathan asks me with concern.

I listen to him taking his seat behind his desk and I stiffen not really sure what to reply.

What do I say? That I am in great pain in parts of my body that I didn't know they existed? Or that I want to scream and let everyone know that Mila is my mate?

"Angry..." I whisper with my eyes locked on the horizon and my mind on Mila.

"Sooner or later you'll meet her. I'm not optimistic about it. Somebody will understand, certainly..." He says worried and exhales.

He is right. That's what I am scared of. We will meet and all eyes will be on us for our reactions. Diana knows me better than anyone, and Violet as well. I won't be able to hide from them that there is something more between Mila and me. Also, Aiden is extremely protective over Mila and he won't like it. I hadn't thought about it until now, but the time is coming.

These days I have seen Diana very few times and I did my best to hide how I feel. I avoided Mila's topic and Diana respected it, she wants to give me time, but she won't forgive me for hiding the truth. She is her mother after all and we had never secrets between us until now.

"I will do my best. And she will leave in few days, let's hope they won't get a thing." I say weakly.

I am more than certain that things will go wrong, but I really need to believe in this lie for now. Maybe Milla avoids me for good, she can do that, Aiden and Diana would never pressure her, so if she says that being in the same room with me makes her feel uncomfortably, they will respect it.

"Gideon, did you think about it again? Why don't you give it a chance? At least one! Just listen to her and then, if you..." Jonathan begins to say, but I groan annoyed and snap my head to face him and he stops immediately.

He is tired, he looks defeated, his expression reminds me nothing of my good friend and I feel awful about it. It's my fault, I made my problems his problems and I haven't stopped causing troubles. He should be happy for our kids, Daniel and Diana will get married, but I keep him busy. I put this weight on his and Victoria's shoulders, my anger scares them and still, they don't turn their backs on me.

Some days ago I was yelling at him, I was releasing my rage on him, but I can't do that anymore, it's not fair for him, he is a great friend to me. I shake my head nervously and turn it away. I can't look at him in the eyes. He will see my pain...

"She won't feel alright. It's crystal clear that she doesn't want to see me, it's better in this way." I mutter and close my eyes.

I put amends to hold back some tears. I have to stay strong, I can't break, not now, not before she leaves away from me.

"It's unfair for both of you. And for Diana. You are her parents! That monster was never her father. You will let him win, don't you see it?" He says with despair and I clench my teeth in the thought of that asshole.

My hands turn into fists and I start shaking. I remember his last words, how he jumped off the cliff, everything he has done to Diana, what he did to Mila, and I want to go straight to hell, kill him again, this time with my own hands and then come back.

"He jumped off that cliff, because he wanted to make sure that Mila would die with him!" He continues and I turn around outraged, but surprisingly I don't start shouting.

"I already know this! And the more I recall his last words, the more I believe that he was hiding something else from us! I know, Jonathan! I am trying to do the best!"

"For whom? You? Mila? Diana?" He asks me in a way that lets me know that he understands how I truly feel.

He softens, like he senses my sorrow, like he can read my mind, my soul.

"Or for your first mate?" He asks next and I lower my head to avoid his piercing gaze.

Fuck! I knew he would find it. I mean... It will be like I betray her and our love. I won't say that Mila doesn't deserve love, I just can't do this to my first mate.

"Leave it..." I whisper and turn again to look outside the window.

I feel safe when my back faces Jonathan's gaze. I don't want him to see how broken I am. I am getting crazy.

"Didn't you betray Iris' when you loved and adopted Diana? When you gave her Iris' name?" He continues and I punch my right fist on the wall at the end of the window.

I will start screaming, I will tear down everything! It's too much!

"You suck at lying! Do you know that?" He says disappointed and I bite my lower lip.

"The problem is that you don't want to be happy again, but you forget you are not alone! You punish yourself and everyone else around you." He continues and I shake my head in agreement.

"I hated Mila all these years, I wanted her dead and I was wrong. I couldn't imagine what was really happening. It never crossed my mind that I would find a second mate. It's like I betray my first love and I will be a hypocrite, if I accept Mila like nothing has happened. The problem is me!" I admit and take a long, deep breath.

My skin shudders, my wolf gets silent, my knees feel weak and my heart breaks into pieces. I am done, the pain has overflowed.

"Sometimes you don't need to forget in order to continue. You need to accept!" Jonathan states with obvious sympathy.

I have no clue how to accept it. My guilt is blocking the way, I can't climb the wall, it's impossible.

"You have to tell Diana! You can't hide it, not anymore. She has every right to know and it's you the one who should tell her!" He adds some seconds later and I explode.

I can't take more! The punches come from everywhere!

"What do you want me to say to her?" I shout overwhelmed and now I am facing him with a wild expression.

"Diana, your mother is my second mate! But I don't want her. I'll reject her and she already knows and she decided to leave because of me. Because she respects me more than I respect her and she doesn't want to cause problems between you and me! That's what you want me to say?" I scream before he manages to reply, but then the door opens and I listen to her broken, surprised voice.

"Dad, what..."

I have no idea how I turn to her direction. I can't say how much time it takes for my eyes to meet hers, but when they do, I regret it. She has turned pale, her eyes are like cold, dangerous crystals that are about to break and her lips are shaking.

It's like she has seen a ghost and Daniel,that stands behind her, gives me a look full of disbelief, but not for too long. Soon he turns to look at Jonathan to make sure about what they just heard. And he does, as the next time he turns to me, he places gently both of his hands on Diana's shoulders and pulls her closer to him.

How did they get in without us hearing? Did Jonathan forget to close the door? I can't think of anything else.

SHIT!

"Um... Diana, Daniel, have a seat..." Jonathan breaks the deadly silence, but nobody moves.

Diana stays frozen next to Daniel. She doesn't take her eyes from me, I feel like I'm stabbed on a wall. It won't take her long before she explodes and it's the very first time that I don't know what to expect.

"Leave. Us!" She orders coldly after some seconds that feel like centuries to me.

Jonathan and I don't dare to move or talk. Daniel hesitates for a moment, but then he rubs her shoulders and leans too close to her.

"Are you sure?" He whispers in such a low tone that I can barely hear him.

I don't blame him for wanting to delay our talk. She is not calm, now she starts shaking slightly.

"Yes! I want to stay alone with my father..." She replies not helping Daniel take the lead of the situation.

I hoped he would be able to change her mind, but he seems unwilling to do so.

Damn it!

~some seconds later~

Diana's pov

When Daniel and Jonathan get out and the door behind me closes, I 'weak up'. The pieces match inside my head. I understand this sudden change in my father's behavior. And I also realize why my mother confessed to me that she won't stay here. She did it for him!

Last night, after I convinced Aiden to leave and go to sleep in his room, I stayed with her for some hours and between many other things we talked about, she expressed to me that it would be better for her to leave. I hoped she would want to go and stay with Aiden and Violent at my pack in England, since Aiden will take my place as the pack's new Beta, but she denied.

Now it makes perfect sense why... My dad will spend time in both places, the pack in England and here at the palace with me... She wants to avoid him, so... I don't believe it.

Destiny has perked her ears and stays absolutely quiet in my head. She is spechless and prefers saying nothing for me, but I want to talk, I won't step back. I feel so freaking betrayed!

I clear my throat and start walking to the closest sofa two meters from me. I don't look at Gideon, but I know he is following my every move, I can smell his nervousness, his fear. When I reach the sofa, I motion for him the armchair opposite of me and lift my head to give him a short look.

"Let's have a seat, so we could talk..." I say as casually as I can and sit before he mimics me.

His moves are extremely slow, his heartbeat echoes in my ears and my blood is hot like boiling water. I wait for him to sit and when he does, I make myself comfortable and decide to speak up first.

"When did you find it out?"

I can't explain why I make this stupid question. I already know the answer, at least I am almost certain about it, but I have to start from somewhere.

"When I first saw her..." He replies shortly with his head lowered.

"From Alaska..." I mutter and he nods ashamed.

I want to scream and cry. He could help my mother with his presence, he knew he could have a good effect on her and he said nothing, he put his ego first.

A voice deep inside my heart tells me that I shouldn't blame him and be harsh. He has been through a lot, he is a great man and I should show him leniency. I am just hurt, he should have told me, we never had secrets, how could he do this to me?

Calm down, Diana! Don't fight with him, show understanding, try to support both of them, they need you on their side, don't make things worse.

"You haven't met after Alaska, right?" I ask again sure about the answer.

"No, we haven't." He confirms and lifts his head to look at me.

He can't lie to me. He is suffering, I can't say the exact reason, but it's too soon for us to open up completely about it. He is not ready and I respect it. I won't pressure him, I will stand on his side, even though I don't agree with him.

I guess it's a good think for my mom that they haven't met. She would be in extreme pain.

"Alright..." I say through my teeth and breathe heavily.

"If this is what you want and it makes you happy, I'll be on your side." I state and he leaves out a short cry of surpise.

The shock on his face is priceless. He expected a fight and I made the difference. The old Diana used to be would be explosive, the new Diana wants peace, love and unity.

"Are you serious?" He asks still not convinced.

I give him a weak smile and nod. I'm tired... I don't need more dramas. We have been through a lot, we finally turn page in our lives.

"I don't agree with your choice, but this is between you and mom, not me. I mean, I want both of you to be happy and I trust the Goddess' will. I know you could have a great future with her, but only if you are willing to leave the past back." I respond and continue.

"The past belongs to the past, dad, it's okay though. I understand, really."

When these words leave from my lips, I get up and walk to him. He is about to cry, he looks devastated and I suffer for him. I fall on my knees in front of him some seconds later and I take his hands in mine. I find his eyes, and mine get filled with tears. My anger is gone, every complaint has vanished, my heart just shares his pain.

"It's okay. Don't be hard on yourself. Don't worry about anything. Everything will be fine in the end, I promise!" I assure him and kiss the back of his hands.

He holds back a sob and I tighten my hold around his hands. They are cold, frozen like ice, but his skin is smooth.

"She is in pain because of me... I didn't want to make you choose, I thought it would be better, if you didn't know." He explains in desparation.

"I understand, don't worry about it! I will stand on both of you. You are my parents and now that I'm aware of it, I will help mom as well. I understand why she wants to go away. She will get through it, it will be difficult for her at the beginning, but she is strong."

His expression reveals more sorrow when I mention my mom. He cares for her, I would say he has some feelings for her, but I shouldn't let my hopes up. I need to be discreet and self-collected.

"What did she tell you? Where will she go?" He asks instinctually and I caress his hands.

Who is going to tell him that he is falling in love? It's not just the mate bond. He goes against his feelings for reasons that only he knows and there is nothing I can do to interfere, it won't be right, will it?

"She doesn't want to stay here or go with Aiden... I have the sentiment that she has a plan in her mind, but she won't talk about it. Don't think about it, okay? I will deal with it and... I will have a talk with her and Aiden. He has to know as well." I reply and stand up slowly.

He taps his knees for me to sit on his lap and I don't protest. Once I sit, I hug him and bury my face in his neck. He wraps his arms tightly around me and I caress his back.

I have missed him very much. These couple of weeks were so crazy that I hadn't thought how much distance there was between us.

"He won't forgive me." He whispers hurt and I pull back immediately.

Aiden will be mad and annoyed, but he will accept it in the end. The reveal will only make him more protective over our mother and he will be stuck on her like second skin. He won't help mom in this way, so I will have to kick his ass, but it's fine.

"He admires and respects you. You will have to give him time, just trust him." I respond and he bites his lower lip defeated.

"I destroyed everything. You should be happy for your wedding and coronation, and look how you feel because of me. I'm sincerely sorry, sweetheart! I love you very much, I do..." He adds more guilty than before and I hug him again.

Damn! What am I going to do with him?

"Never again apologize to me. Your problems are mine as well! I'm grateful I am by your side in this. And dad...""

"Yes?"

"I love you too!"

~about an hour later, Mila's room~

Diana's pov

I force an awkward smile when I get inside my mother's new room and the atmosphere changes immediately.

My mom freezes, Victoria presses her lips together and turns to look at my mother and Aiden narrows his eyes troubled. It's obvious I had been crying, my eyes are still red and they can smell my frustration. The long talk I had with my dad and the things we discussed were more than I'd thought I could take, but it was necessary for us to have this convercation. I had to know his intentions and make a plan about how we will deal the situation between them.

I bet Victoria and my mom can guess why I am in this condition, since they know that only a serious matter like this would make me so upset. Everyting is absolutely perfect in my life this moment, except my parents' whole thing, so... They surely know.

"What's wrong with you?" Aiden asks concerned and I rub my palms together.

I put amends to find the right words, but it's hard. I have no idea how to start. The only thing I know for sure is that Victoria should leave for now. It's not that I don't want her or I don't trust her. I can see how much she likes my mom and that they could be great friends. I think that Aiden will be free to express himself, if Victoria isn't present.

"Victoria, I am sorry, there is something that I need to say to Aiden..." I begin and she smiles instantly.

She knows, from her look I can tell she understood that I found it out.

"Of course! I am going to find Jonathan. Good luck and take it easy." She says and stands up.

Before she walks out, she gives my mother's shoulder a gentle squeeze and smiles encouragingly to her. My mother is too nervous to react and Aiden is very patient. He is not an idiot, he senses how serious this is, but he prefers to wait.

Once Victoria closes the door and we stay alone, he takes the seat next to our mother and signs for me to explain what this is all about. My mother is staring at me like a teriffied statue and I groan with complaint. It's her responsibility to tell him, but she won't do it. She is scared of his reaction, she still feels like a problem to us and it hurts.

"I wanted us to have this private family meeting, because a while ago I found out something." I begin and Aiden turns to our mother with suspicion.

I hate how dead serious he can be. He doesn't help mom relax.

"Why do I have the bad feeling that you both know this 'something', but I don't?" He asks without hiding the annoyance in his voice and I stiffen as innocently as I can.

No way Sherlock! Why do you say that!?

"Because we do?!" I ask and sit opposite of them.

I've changed my mind, I don't want to tell him anymore , it's not necessary.

"Mother, what is it?" He asks her and she begs me with her eyes to interfere.

And I do. If she wants me to help, I will.

"Gideon is her second chance mate and wants to reject her!" I announce quickly and hold my breath without breaking eye contact with my brother.

His eyes open widely, his jaw drops, he looks lost for a while, but soon his eyes darken dangerously and his hands, that were placed on his knees, are now squeezing them.

He takes one deep breath.

Two....

Three...

If we make it to ten, we'll have no problem.

My mom places her hand on Aiden's right one and caresses it with affection. There is no doubt that she feels awfully about this situation, it's obvious that she blames herself and I don't accept it.

"This is not a joke, damn it!" Aiden mutters some long and torturing seconds later and I shake my head to confirm it.

"And mom wants to leave. You understand the reason." I add and she lowers her head embarrassed.

"I can't believe you didn't want to tell us! Why? You can't do this, not anymore!" He explodes, fortunately not so mad, but hurt and turns his whole body to her.

"Forgive me, it's the only solution. Gideon has made so many thing for you, Diana. I can't let him go through this. He can't stand my presence and I shouldn't force him to." She says desparately and wipes few tears from her expressive eyes.

Watching her crying is like a knife in my heart. She always had the best intentions, she keeps on proving it.

"It's not a solution to stay away from us! I don't accept it, not this time!" Aiden insists and gets ready to say more, but a look from me and he stops.

"Where were you planning to go?" I ask with curiosity and she quickly gains her composure.

"Your grandparents have left me money and a house in New York. Mason knew nothing about them. We were from different packs, he couldn't find it out." She explains and I raise my eyebrows not expecting this answer.

My grandparents died when Aiden was a baby and I know almost nothing about them, but I would have never imagined that they had a house in New York. It doesn't make sense for werewolves.

"They wanted me to have something to remember from them. They had a unique taste..." She says when she notices my surprise.

"Would you be able to live in a city? I thought that you preferred our way of living." Aiden wonders confused and she sighs with a thoughtful expression.

"If I want to forget, a different way of living will help me, don't you think?"

"Mom..." I say next and go to sit next to her and Aiden.

"If that's what will make you feel better, I won't try to stop you..."

"Have you lost your mind, Diana?" Aiden cuts me off and I groan to him.

"Just let me finish, Den! Patience!" I scold him and he rolls his eyes without replying

Then, I look at my mom and wrap my left arm around her. I take her scent and my skin melts, just like my aching heart.

"Dad won't stay here or in England at the same time. He can't be in two different places. So, if you want, we can figure things out! When he is here with me, you will be with Den in England and the opposite. You will be able to go and stay alone for a while in New York whenever you want to, as well. We don't want to lose you again."

When I finish, Aiden's face shines from relief and taps my shoulder. This idea hadn't crossed his mind, but luckily for him, I had the idea for both of us. He can thank me later.

Our mother from the other side has an unreadable look. I can't say what's on her mind, it's weird.

"Are you sure that it's going to work? Did you ask your father about it? And I can't stay at the pack after what I have done!" She protests with desbelief.

"Mom, Luke and his parents told to all of them the entire truth! Stop thinking that they will have a problem with you. And dad is more than fine with it. He doesn't want you to stay away from us."

"Yeah, sure... I have some doubts about the last part." Aiden hisses with bitterness, but I ignore him on purpose.

"You have lost your mind..." Our mother whispers touched and I giggle.

"Seems like we have something in common with Mason." Den throws without thinking about it and I punch his arm with a deep, warning growl.

He yells in pain and pulls back. He realizes that it wasn't a successful joke and takes an apologizing expression. He does regrets it, but it's too late because our mom has turned pale. We have to be careful in front of her and avoid this topic. Mason will always be her worst nightmare, even though he will be burning in hell for an eternity.

"Fuck! No funny joke, excuse me! I take it back. Or better, I change it! Diana caught Violet and Ellie!" He says playfully and this time it is an actual joke.

"Donkey Den!" I giggle and laugh as I hug our mom.

Even she smiles from his successful, second joke ,and Aiden wraps his arms around both of us and kisses our mother's forehead. The atmosphere has finally relaxed, everything is over.

"I am curious to see the house grandparents left you! We could go together, I will accompany you!" he tells her as we keep on staying hugged.

"You can both go, but you will be back for my coronation in a month from now! And I won't take 'no' for answer, mom! You will be present, I want you next to me, not to mention the wedding! You will come back and the end!" I say before she protests and she signs in agreement.

Great! No more problems (at least I hope so).

The truth is that I would love to see my parents together and I still have a small hope, but we never know what will happen tomorrow. It's not my place to get involved between them and I won't. I'll just make sure I will always have them by my side and there won't be any shadow left in our lives, because we look at the future all together from today...

There are no secrets left anymore! 

**********************************

Hello everyone and welcome to the chapter 65!

I can't believe that I actually did it! I mean... I am back in a little bit more than a month since the last time we talked again! 

I have no clue how it came to me, but I am more than grateful that I made it! I think I needed to dive in this story. These last days I came up with more ideas about new books, but I must hold myself back, like really! Having plots for about thirteen more books is great and awful at the same time. I wish I could close my eyes, think about them and open my eyes again to see them ready, but I am not God!

Anyway! This chapter is over, but I am already thinking about the next one!!! Don't take it for granted, but I think that we will probably need three more updates for the big finale, and as always I would like to know your opinion and thoughts. I believe that Diana has grown a lot as a personality, this is a small comment from me, but anyway.

Thank you all very much for everything, I won't stop repeating it! Your love and interest makes me melt every time I read comments and see the notifications!

At this point I don't want to become tiring so I have to go... I hope everything is great for all of you and your beloved ones! I will see you again in the next chapter! 

Until then... Take care!

I love you all,

Marie!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.5K 36
Diana Pheonix Silvermoon. This name is of great importance. Who is she? And why is she so important? Well, it's just because she is the goddess of...
470K 23.3K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
198 14 19
Hope is a dangerous girl compared to the other girls around her. She can fight with powers unseen in most girls. She fights with the powers to create...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...