BL I don't want to reincarnat...

Por Lakhita

When I opened my eyes I saw a familiar figure: "What do you think you're doing? Insulting me in front of my m... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 6

2K 75 8
Por Lakhita

I was very bad at comforting people. Like very bad. Therefore all I could think about was giving Arora sweets. Maybe the sweets were more for me than for her but the important part was that we both felt better. And that was all that mattered.

I didn't know how much cake I ate at that moment but both of us just sighed, our stomachs inches from exploding. And having sighed at the same time, we finally laughed. I started rubbing my belly like a pregnant person. I almost did look like one. My sweet baby looked around five months old. My mom from my past life would have loved me to have such a belly. Too bad for her. The only baby belly I would ever get was from cake!

I suddenly realized that Arora was staring at me with big curious eyes. I followed her gaze and looked down at my round stomach before suddenly jumping up, my cheeks red. The child didn't look scared or weirded out however and she just laughed. At that moment the vibe became way lighter and it felt as if we could put all the crying behind us. Arora still seemed rather shy around me but she didn't seem uncomfortable and that was the most important. Having not interacted with Sliske ever, she had no idea how to behave and that was both sad and cute. How sad was it that one apology was enough to make this kid happy? Somewhere this was better for me. If she didn't know Sliske at all, I didn't have to worry about being found out. I could just be my usual self without fearing her finding out the truth.

Being the adult, I felt like I had to lead the conversation. But I had no idea how to do small talk. Especially with children. Children were way easier to talk to than adults but they were also way scarier in their own way. They had no filter and I had no idea what children in this world liked. What could I talk about? Books? Trains? Horses? Maybe she liked sparring... Or magic? I had no idea!

"So... Hum... Do you like horses?"

Arora raised her eyebrows, obviously surprised by the sudden question. However she soon recovered her smile and nodded:

"I do!

-Really?"

Well done me! I was a pro at this! I should do small talk more often.

"Yes!

-What type of horses?"

Having realized how excited she got, Arora cleared her throat before sitting back straight:

"I really like brown ponies. What about you... Dad?"

Okay that was weird. I never thought that someone would ever call me dad.

"I think big black horses are very imposing."

She nodded slowly:

"They are rather imposing indeed."

Seeing me frown made Arora panic:

"Have I made a mistake? I am so sorry, I...

-No, no, no! I was just surprised. I didn't know that children could be this polite. You don't have to be so on edge around me. You could just talk however you want. We could even swear if you want! Look at me, I love saying f-

-Master!"

I had completely forgotten about Eulisses at that point and jumped hearing his voice:

"What? It's just us."

Eulisses quickly shook his head:

"It isn't proper for a young lady to swear in front of anyone."

I looked Arora up and down:

"She's not a young Lady. She's a kid.

-Either way, you shouldn't teach your daughter such things.

-I am not teaching her anything. I just want her to feel comfortable around me and know that she could tell me anything she wants."

Eulisses sighed:

"I know that you didn't mean anything bad but what would the Duke say?"

I flinched. He would clearly blow my head off and I didn't want that. But I couldn't admit it either:

"He will never find out.

-We never know.

-Oh, I do!"

I looked at Arora, not daring to say more. I couldn't just say in front of the kid that Emphraim didn't care about her enough to notice her existence.

"Please, Master... Reconsider it. For your own good."

Not liking the tension, Arora quickly shook her head:

"Don't worry, dad. I feel perfectly comfortable.

-Are you sure?"

She quickly nodded:

"Of course. I am just glad that we are spending time together."

That hurt my heart and I cleared my throat.

"Aren't you tired? It's been a long day. Maybe we should go back to your room."

Arora did her best not to look disappointed.

"I could read you a story.

-Really?"

She immediately straightened up and seeing her so excited made me laugh:

"Let's go."

We didn't walk for long however because a few steps away we ran into Ephraim. It was more him running into us than the other way around. As we were walking back into the mansion, we suddenly heard horses. As we turned around we saw Ephraim arrive with his knights at full speed. He jumped off before the horse even stopped. The horse got caught by one of his men as Ephraim rushed towards the entrance. Both Arora and I jumped seeing those cold eyes and we strengthened our hold on the other's hand. What scared us even more, however, was seeing all the blood on Ephraim's clothes.

I got so surprised that I didn't even think about covering Arora's eyes and Eulisses did it instead. Ephraim seemed just as surprised seeing us two. He looked down at our hands and I got so scared that I immediately wanted to let go. I always knew that he was the crazy villain but seeing it in real life was way different. Knowing everything he did in the novel, I didn't even want to know where he was coming from.

Arora on the other hand reacted way differently. While I tried letting go of her, she clung to me even harder. Feeling her shake made me feel bad and I pulled her behind me, trying my best not to die myself. I really hoped that he would just pass us and leave but Ephraim stopped in his tracks. What could I say?

"Hello there."

Ephraim looked up at me with a frown:

"Since when have you two become so close?"

I laughed awkwardly:

"Friendship comes and goes, am I right?

-What?

-I don't know."

Having Ephraim so close enabled us to smell the blood and I thought I would puke. I had already seen blood before but it was never so much and it had never smelled so horrible. I immediately covered my nose and tried my best to keep it together.

"Duke Consort!"

Eulisses let go of Arora and grabbed my shoulders:

"Do you feel sick? Are you okay? Quick, call a doctor!"

I quickly shook my head.

"No, no, no... I'm fine. I'm fine."

Ephraim snarled:

"I didn't know that you were scared of blood. I never saw you in this state. But then again I guess that's because you are not the real-"

Even in my state I didn't forget about Arora's hand in mine. I immediately screamed:

"I am! I am Sliske and I never liked the smell of blood."

Ephraim looked taken aback:

"You said you weren't Sliske."

I laughed awkwardly:

"What the hell are you talking about? Are you sure it's not your blood? Of course I am Sliske!"

I couldn't let Arora know that I wasn't her dad. She just started opening up to me. She wasn't my kid but that didn't mean that I felt good hurting her on purpose. Focusing on protecting my identity did help me keep it together in front of so much blood:

"I always have been and always will be. I am Arora's father and I am Sliske."

Ephraim frowned even more and I couldn't help taking a step back. I was so grateful that he was still under the Emperor's hold for now. I didn't want my blood to be on his clothes. I had to get out of here as soon as possible.

"So you are Sliske now?

-I always was. Who else would I be?

-What are you playing at now?

-Nothing. I am sorry for the way I behaved before. I just got my memories all messed up because of the sickness. Anyway, I don't think a child should see you in this state... Or anyone. Have a nice day, bye!"

I rushed around Ephraim and ran away as fast as possible.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

242K 11.8K 60
Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Return Of The Devil ✅ Book 3 - Crowned By The Devil ✅ Book 4 - War With The Devil ✅ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sce...
95.1K 2K 18
With my heart pounding against my chest I try and run faster knowing he's right behind me, my blood going cold as I hear the screams of my friends. I...
432 29 40
"You knew from the beginning what you agreed to." He mumbles flying his hands. "I know. And sorry if I couldn't stick around till the very end to be...
333K 18.1K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...