Delicate

By eatyourhoneyH

"It's delicate, isn't it?" A story about H & his stylist inspired by yet another Taylor Swift song! Enjoy! More

INTRO + CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
MEDIA
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
MEDIA 2
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
EPILOGUE

Chapter 58

4.3K 124 43
By eatyourhoneyH

HAVEN MCQUEEN

"Okay, so we have diapers, wipes, extra clothes in case of a blowout, a couple of burping cloths, the monitor, and two pacifiers...is that all we need?"

"I think so," Harry rummages around in the oversized Gucci diaper bag, a gift from Alessandro, to ensure we have everything. "Looks like it's all here."

"Okay," I check my phone to see my mom's text asking what our estimated arrival time looks like. I map my dad's house to see that we'll be there in an hour, which only puts us one hour behind schedule. I'd say that's pretty good. "Are we ready, then?"

"Yup," Harry smirks at the babies in their car seats on the living room floor, waiting for us to get our shit together so we can leave.

"Let's hurry before they decide they're starving," I sling my tote bag over my shoulder and grab Lily's car seat while Harry gets Jack and the diaper bag.

We secure each of them in his Range Rover parked in the driveway and I'm trying not to think about how this is going to be the longest stretch of time that they're in the car. I have no idea how it will go, but we're as prepared as we can be and Harry has assured me a million times that he will drive extra cautiously.

"Ready?" He asks for my consent as we linger in the driveway, and I nod as I glance back at the babies. They aren't sleeping, but if we're lucky, they'll pass out once we get on the highway.

"So are you nervous or excited?" I take his hand to hold it in my lap.

The question prompts the corner of his mouth to lift. "Both, but more excited."

"Well, it should be incredibly interesting, I can tell you that much," I cross one leg over the other and shift around to get more comfortable. "My grandparents don't all get along that well."

"No?"

"Mm," I shrug like that's only half true. "They're good at being cordial but it's pretty obvious that they aren't best friends. I mean, they don't interact the way our parents do."

"So do you think there will be any arguments?"

"Probably not, but maybe some tension," I push my arm up under his striped cardigan sleeve to feel the warmth of his skin. I guess I should say under my striped cardigan sleeve. I bought it for myself but it's oversized enough that he likes to wear it just as often. He said he likes that it smells like me, which is funny because every time I wear it, I feel like it smells more of him.

"You know what I've been thinking, though?"

He spares me a glance. "Tell me."

"This is technically about to be our first Christmas together," I tread lightly on the topic, knowing it's a slightly sensitive one. We both know why we weren't together for the holidays last year, but we don't need to dwell on why that is.

"I've been thinking about that too," he raises my hand to kiss the back of it. "I'm excited to spend it with you and the babies."

I smile down at his hand as I twist the rings on his fingers. "I'm excited for you to move in with me."

His smirk returns as he keeps his eyes on the road. "I should have gotten you pregnant a long time ago so I could have done that sooner."

"Mhm," I chuckle as I recall how happy he was when I asked if he wanted to move in with me officially. His reaction sort of surprised me, considering he's certainly downgrading in home size, but he swore that he has no emotional attachment to his Hollywood house.

We've been talking a lot about our future, which I don't think we necessarily would have done without having the babies. Before, everything was hypothetical, but now we really do have to discuss how we're going to raise our children. We both decided that we want them to have as normal of a life as possible without having normal lives at all. It's strange to think that someday, they're going to understand that their dad isn't just an average guy, but that he's loved by millions of people all around the world. I wonder what they'll think about that.

As he pulls into my parents' driveway, I fear that we'll have to answer similar questions as that to my dad's parents. They would surely expect Jack to go into law and I'm sure they already have a Harvard onesie waiting for him, but Harry and I don't have any expectations for our three-month-old babies. They can be whoever and whatever they want, that's what we agreed on.

"Okay, how should we do this?" I whisper, glancing back to see both babies are sleeping. "Do you think they'll transfer well?"

"It's hard to say," Harry whispers back. "Do you wanna go in and let them know that we're here and that they're sleeping?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea," I step out of the car and silently crack the door shut to let myself in the house, overwhelmed by the savory scent of Thanksgiving. My dad's parents are sitting on the couch in the living room, which means my mom's parents are probably helping her in the kitchen.

"Oh my goodness, is that Haven?" Grandma Elizabeth stands from the couch in her leggings and Chanel sweater with flats to match. "How are you, darling?"

"Hi, Grandma," I chuckle and hug her back, inhaling her Chanel No. 5. I hug my Grandpa Nicholas next and tell them that we're going to bring in the sleeping babies before I say the same to everyone in the kitchen. All I can do is wave at my grandparents in there so I can quickly get back to Harry in the car.

Again, we each take a car seat and bring the sleeping babies into the living room to place them on the Persian rug so my grandparents can see them before we move them to a quieter place. Chester and Blue are both outside for now, but I can't wait for them to meet the twins as well. I already know they're both going to be gentle.

"Oh, they're precious, Haven," Elizabeth says and her husband agrees.

My nana Betty gasps with her hands on both of her cheeks as she bends over to see them better. "Well, if those aren't the two sweetest little baby peas I've ever seen."

Harry laughs as we thank them, and I'm sure that's because he doesn't have to guess whose parents belong to whom. My nana's accent is even thicker than my mom's, and she's also the first to introduce herself to him, yanking him down for a hug.

"He's very handsome, Haven," she whispers loudly on purpose as she pats his back.

"I know," I smile up at him and his blushing cheeks as he shakes my pop's hand next.

"So this is my nana, Betty, my pop and her husband, Hank, and this is my grandma, Elizabeth, and my grandpa, Nicholas."

"Wow, it's nice to meet you all," Harry kisses both women on the cheek and simply shakes their husbands' hands while I hug my parents. "Thank you so much for having me."

"Well, of course," my mom laughs and reciprocates his kiss on her cheek. "Where do you wanna set them up? In the theater?"

"Yeah, I think that'd be good," I pick Lily up and Harry follows with Jack as my mom leads the way to the home theater around the corner. It's perfect because of how dark and secluded it is, so I think they'll sleep well for at least another couple of hours.

"So how has everything been?" I whisper to my mom while Harry plugs in the monitor so we can hear them if they cry.

She gives me a look. "I'm workin' on keeping my mouth shut if I don't have anything nice to say."

"Oh no," I quietly whine. "That bad?"

In response, she rolls her eyes and I know there's a story there. "Elizabeth is just entitled as anything. She didn't even offer to help with dinner. Instead, she was asking where the help was, and I was like, 'Hello, you're lookin' at her'."

Harry smiles but says nothing as he leaves the monitor in place by both babies so we can leave the room. At least now we don't have to whisper as we make it back to the group, and I can tell my dad is struggling to appease both sets of parents as he stands there with a glass of scotch. I feel sorry for both of them.

"So is dinner ready?" I ask. "Sorry we're late. Jack exploded in his diaper before we were about to leave."

"Don't be sorry, darlin'," Betty brushes my apology off. "We're just so excited to be here and to meet your fancy boyfriend."

"Oh, God," I force a laugh and look up to see Harry smiling like he's just amused by the whole thing. He knows they don't mean any harm...I hope.

"I'm curious too," Elizabeth shrugs with a little gossipy-type smirk, but she scares me more than Betty. I'm not sure what kind of questions she'll have for Harry, but at least he's rich. That's important to her.

"Alright, well let's hurry and eat while it's still warm and before the babies wake up," my dad motions for everyone to head into the dining room.

I have Harry sit next to me while Betty opts to sit on the other side of him, leaving my mom to fend for herself as she sits beside my dad at the head of the table and next to Elizabeth. We set the little monitor on the table with the volume turned down a little more to muffle the staticky sound.

"Should we say grace?" Betty holds her hands out for Harry and her husband to take on either side of her, so we all join hands even though the rest of us aren't all that religious. My mom sort of is, but she doesn't go to church. She just has her spiritual beliefs and my dad is more of the same.

"Oh, he has nice hands, Haven," she leans over the table to tell me that, and now my cheeks are red while Harry can't help but laugh.

"Oh my God, Nana, stop," I shake my head at my mom, meanwhile, Betty is cracking up before she closes her eyes to thank God for the food on the table, for allowing us to all travel safely to be together, for her healthy great-grandchildren, and for my British boyfriend. I shake my head and squint with one eye open to see Harry trying not to laugh as he respectfully keeps his head hung and eyes closed.

"Amen," Betty beams as we all repeat after her and start serving ourselves.

"This looks amazing, as always," Harry tells my mom immediately. "Thank you so much for making it."

"It's my pleasure, sugar," she smiles like it's no big deal, but it is. She made the turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, plus a plethora of vegetarian-friendly dishes for Harry to make sure he would have plenty to eat without having turkey on his plate. She probably started all of this last night.

"So how did you two meet, then?" Nicholas surprisingly asks first.

"Well, so Harry's a singer, and his manager hired me to be his stylist," I explain so Harry doesn't have to. "We started just as two people working together, then we quickly became friends, and then we just decided that we liked each other as more than just friends."

"Who made the first move?" Hank asks the real question.

Harry laughs as I nod for him to speak for himself. "I kissed her, but I wasn't planning on it or anything. We were laughing about something and I just...I wanted to kiss her."

My stomach drops just picturing the whole event again for the first time in a while, and I have to laugh when Betty asks how I felt about that. "I was beyond shocked, but I was also beyond happy about it. I had such a massive crush on him."

"But I would never guess that in a million years," Harry adds. "She played it so cool that I thought for sure she was going to turn me down when I kissed her."

"But then you just got her pregnant instead," Elizabeth laughs, but there's a slight, almost undetectable edge in her tone. She's being a little sarcastic and that's because she doesn't completely approve of having children out of wedlock. It's interesting because that's usually a religious mindset, but Grandma Betty was so excited when she found out I was pregnant and she's the one who reads from her Bible every day.

"Mhm," Harry offers something of an uncomfortable laugh. It's an awkward subject, to say the least.

"So how did you get into the music industry?" Nicholas asks.

"My mum signed me up for a show called The X Factor, and I made it on as a solo artist before I got put together in a group with four other guys. We formed a band after the show and then we eventually broke up, so...I'm doing the solo thing again."

"He's about to put his second album out in December," I brag.

"What kind of music is it?"

"I'd say it's a pretty decent mix of pop and rock," Harry answers.

"Like Bowie, Grandpa," I explain, and he nods his understanding without appearing terribly impressed.

"It was crazy seeing his show in person," my mom chimes in to help talk him up. "The fans were just screaming and crying like you wouldn't believe. They love him. Like Elvis or somethin'."

"Well, how do you figure it'll be to be a famous musician and a father to two newborn children?" Elizabeth questions, and I look at my dad to find that he already appears to be fed up with where this interrogation is going.

"Alright, let's leave the kid alone," he sips his scotch.

"What?" Elizabeth shrugs innocently, dabbing her mouth with a napkin. "It's just a question."

"It's okay," Harry nods. "Yeah, Haven and I have had plenty of conversations about what that's going to look like. It's part of my job to travel and it's important for me to be able to provide for her and the kids, so I'll be going on tour for a few months at a time, but I've also been speaking to my manager about having more days off in-between shows so I can come back to LA and be with them. When they're older, we've talked about Haven and the kids coming on tour with me."

"Well, that seems a bit unstable, doesn't it?" She smiles condescendingly.

"They're not your kids, Mom," my dad quickly reminds her.

"I'm just saying," she shrugs again.

"I think it's nice that the kids will be able to travel," my mom smiles. "They're gonna love seeing their daddy on stage, too."

"Do you ever play in Savannah, Harry?" Sweet Nana Betty asks.

"Oh," Harry chuckles sympathetically. "I don't usually go to Savannah, but I do Atlanta."

"Darn," she clicks her tongue, then turns to Hank. "We can make the road trip, can't we? Spend the night in the city?"

"What can I say?" Hank speaks with his mouth full. "No?"

"Oh, hush," she lightly smacks his shoulder as he shoots Harry a wink to let him know that he's only joking.

"So can I ask how you each met?" Harry flips the question onto both elderly pairs, glancing between them.

"Nicholas and I met at Harvard," Elizabeth answers first. "We met at a mingling event."

"That's nice," he turns to Betty beside him for her answer.

"Well, I just couldn't stand Hank," she confesses. "He was the quarterback on the football team in high school and he was so darn annoying. He used to pull my ponytail and he harrassed me until I finally went out with him."

Harry's smile is real as he swallows his bite of mashed potatoes. "You've been together since high school?"

"Yeah, and it's been too long, if you ask me," Hank smirks as Betty hits his arm again. I've heard the story and listened to them bicker and flirt before, but it's always nice to see.

"Don't pretend like you weren't crazy about me," she points her fork at him.

"I was," he relents. "Still am for some reason."

I almost feel sorry for my dad's parents as I look over at them across the table. It's not that they don't love each other, I know they do, but they're much more reserved and they keep to themselves the way my dad does. The difference is that my dad is better with people and he knows how to loosen up, which is something my mom brought out of him. On the contrary, his parents choose to be on their best behavior more often than not.

Before Harry can ask any more questions, we hear one of the babies start to cry on the monitor before it's both of them. I mumble something about how they're probably hungry now as I take another bite of turkey, but I insist that everyone keep eating without me as I stand from the table. Harry turns the monitor off and tags along to help me.

With the door closed behind us, I take Lily out of her snug car seat and lift my sweater as I sit on the couch, tugging at the seamless cup of my triangle bra to let her start eating first. Harry helps me with Jack before he sits next to me even as I assure him he can go back to eat if he wants.

"Why am I not surprised that your dad's parents hate me?" He chuckles, clearly not that broken up by it.

"They don't hate you, they would just prefer that you were a frat boy dick from Harvard," I simply explain. "I, however, am grateful that you are not."

That makes him smile tiredly as he rests back against the couch and rubs his eyes. "Betty is fucking hilarious. I don't think a woman her age has ever complimented my hands before."

I throw my head with a half-laugh, half-whine. "That was mortifying. She's too much."

"No, she's cute," he chuckles. "She and Hank remind me of your mum and dad."

"Yeah, they adore my dad," I look down at Jack and Lily to make sure they're both still eating okay. "I think his parents wish that he would have married someone more 'Ivy League', but they've never been mean to my mom. They just all come from very different lifestyles that are hard to combine, I guess."

"I can understand that," he starts massaging the back of my neck. "I'm just happy to be here at all."

Carefully, I lean back to rest against the couch the same way he is. "Is your mom okay with you staying here for Christmas and everything?"

"Oh, yeah," he nods like that's not an issue at all. "She doesn't expect me to travel across the world with two newborn babies and there's no way I'm missing their first Christmas."

I had a feeling that's what he was going to say, but I still feel relieved as I watch both babies eat with their eyes closed. Even though they're so young, they notice his absence and we found that out when he left to perform on SNL just last week. He was gone for a total of two days, which felt like too much for me and not enough for NBC, but they understood when he said he had two new babies at home and two days was all he could give right now.

He was as funny and charming as ever for his monologue and skits, and even though he was ridden with nerves to debut two songs from the new album, he sounded great in those as well. He opted to play Lights Up since that was released as the first single with the music video already, as well as Watermelon Sugar after just dropping the song for the public to hear an hour before the show. I read through the comments and people are already completely obsessed, but that isn't surprising.

Though, while he was gone, I knew the babies were missing him when we were watching SNL and they heard his voice loud and clear through the TV speakers. Obviously, they couldn't voice their confusion, but they each were bobbing their heads in my arms like they were trying to find his face. They don't quite understand TV screens yet, so they never did know where their dad was even though they could hear him and that broke my heart. It made me realize that I don't want Harry to leave them for a long period of time until they know him better and he agreed. That's why Jeff was able to make the spring tour a summer tour instead, which has already been announced. I'm both anxious and excited about that, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not get too ahead of where we are now.

"K, I think they're done," I slowly sit forward when Jack unlatches and smacks his little lips. Surprisingly, Lily follows suit so that Harry and I can start burping them on our shoulders.

Rather than going back to sleep, they seem to be active and awake as we take them out of the theater and into the dining room. It seems that everyone is mostly finished eating but stayed at the table for our sake, talking politics. That's a scary topic, one that I typically like to avoid, and that's why my dad drops it as soon as we sit down again.

"You want me to hold her while you finish eating?" He asks.

"If you want to," I scoot my chair back again and let him take her.

"I can hold Jack," Nicholas unexpectedly pipes up. "I'd like to, I mean."

"Oh, great," Harry nods, clearly surprised as well, and stands to walk around the table and gently place him in my grandpa's arms. He's always been softer than his wife.

"So is this your first Thanksgiving in America, then, Harry?" Elizabeth asks.

"It's not, actually," he politely answers. "I've been living in the States for years now, so I've spent the holiday with some friends before."

"Oh, well that's nice," she keeps her posture straight and her hands folded neatly in her lap. "What do you think about it?"

He starts to smile as he finishes chewing. "About Thanksgiving?"

"Mhm."

With my mouth full, I cut in to say, "He's not American, Grandma. He doesn't care about Thanksgiving."

"I think the food is great and I think it's a nice tradition to spend time with friends and family and everything," he attempts to do some damage control on my somewhat rude answer on his behalf, but I know what she's getting at. She's trying to make it a political thing.

"I'll drink to that," Margaret raises her glass, but it's empty until she pours herself another glass of wine.

"Do you know what the holiday is about?" She presses.

"Okay, can we please drop it?" I feel like a kid as I groan in annoyance. "No one cares about the reason behind the holiday because it's not a nice thing, Grandma. I'm sorry, but it's an excuse for Americans to stuff their faces with more food than any one person needs, take the week off work, watch football, and go shopping after confessing that they're grateful for what they have."

"It was just a question, Haven," she rolls her eyes, but not in a mean way. She's exasperated like I am. "I'm trying to include him in the conversation."

"No, you're not," I argue. "You're trying to single him out because he's not American and that probably bothers you for whatever reason."

"I never said that!" She laughs and looks around the table, but we all know it's true.

"Hey, you're being too loud," Nicholas mutters as he places his hand on Jack's head, sort of swinging his arms back and forth to keep him happy.

She's never said it to me and she wouldn't dare, but I don't think she likes that I didn't get the same Ivy League education that my cousins did. Does it make me feel inferior and insecure sometimes? Sure. Do I actually give a shit that my cousin Clara has a degree in political science from Harvard? Not even a little bit.

"Yeah, I don't think we need to go into the politics of Thanksgiving," my dad agrees, and that's when my mom starts clearing the table so we can move on to the dessert she undoubtedly made. I'm guessing there will be at least three pies in front of us in the next five minutes.

"Let me help, sugar," Betty's about to stand, but my dad manages to do it first and insists that she sits back down and holds Lily instead like he knows she wants to anyway.

In the silence that follows their absence, Nicholas asks us if we think both babies are going to end up being singers. I make a joke and say that they probably inherited my singing capabilities, which means that they're going to have to find another way to make money.

"You have a nice voice," Harry retorts.

"You've never heard me sing."

"Yes, I have," he laughs at my stunned reaction. "It's nice."

I turn to my grandparents with the explanation. "He's just being nice."

"Is your music on the radio?" Elizabeth asks, and I guess part of me feels a little bad for my accusation earlier now that she's trying to be nicer.

"Sometimes," Harry nods with his usual half-smile. "I don't listen to the radio, though, so I'm not sure how often my songs are on there. My manager has all those statistics."

"So I'm curious if you two still work together," Hank cuts in. "Is he your boss?"

"Kind of," I laugh at the way Harry smirks at me, waiting for my answer. "I'm still his stylist, but it never really felt like a job even before we were dating. It just felt like I was doing something I loved to do with a nice person, and it's still like that. I just like that I can be more honest without being worried that I might offend him or something. He knows that I only want what's best for him and his image."

"Yeah, she's good at being honest," he mutters in return, probably thinking back to the couple of times that I'll tell him if he needs to trim his hair or put some more effort into it, but it always comes with kindness. I would never tell him he looks bad because that's just never the case.

Just as I predicted, my mom and dad return with two pies in each of their hands to place on the cleared table in front of us. She explains that she made chocolate, pumpkin, cherry, and apple pie, all of which I want just slivers of.

"Thank you for the meal, Margaret," Elizabeth says, sticking to her one small piece of pumpkin pie. "I almost forgot how excellent you are in the kitchen."

"Oh, well, that lady over there taught me everything I know," she gestures to Betty with a nod, who then shrugs with a little smirk.

It's crazy how much they look alike, right down to their sloped noses and bright eyes. The only difference is that my mom is a bit taller like her dad is, but she still looks tiny compared to my dad. That's thanks to his dad, who stands at a whopping six foot five inches tall.

As Harry and I take our babies back so my grandparents can have their pie, my mom asks how they're doing now that they aren't legitimate newborn babies anymore and I can't even believe that's the case. It feels like we were in the hospital yesterday and the whole month of October feels like a blur. We've never spent more time on Google trying to learn what to do because, as it turns out, I already forgot a lot of what I read in all the books despite how many times I read them.

"They're great and developing on track," I answer. "We do tummy time every day and they love their toys that make sounds, they laugh and smile sometimes, and they shit like you wouldn't believe. We could fill a full-sized dumpster with the amount of diapers we go through in a week."

That makes everyone laugh before my dad says, "It's sort of insane how much of a perfect mix they are between you two now that their features are developing and everything."

"Really?" I look down at Jack. "I feel like they both look more like Harry than me."

"They have green eyes like me, but they're big and round like yours, and they have your lips," Harry reminds me.

"I'm just happy that they both have his dimples," I smile at Jack as he purses his lips in his sleep.

"Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that they're absolutely adorable," My mom says. "And you can thank us all and Anne and Harry's daddy for that now."

Harry and I both get a good laugh at that as we do, in fact, thank them for the genes they contributed, but I swear these two babies look more like Harry's side of the family every day. I haven't met his dad yet, but I've seen photos and I can totally see Anne's big sparkly eyes in both of them.

After we're finished eating our pie, we don't have too much time to sit around and spare like we otherwise would have if the babies weren't a factor. That's the only thing I've realized that's a little on the sadder side of having kids, which is that we simply can't do whatever we want whenever we want to do it anymore. Though, I'll say that it's nice to think of someone else before myself for once, and I know Harry feels the same.

"Thank you so much for dinner," I hug my mom first, then stand on my toes to hug my dad while Harry puts the leftovers we're supposed to take in the car. "I wish we could stay longer."

"Me too, but I'm going to come see you this weekend," my mom kisses my cheek. "We need to go Christmas shopping soon!"

"Yeah, we do," I laugh at how she says that so excitedly with her hands on her cheeks before she goes to say goodbye to the babies in their car seats in the living room. We didn't get to introduce the dogs to them, but I went to say hi to both of them quickly.

Once the leftovers are secure in the car, Harry and I each say our goodbyes to the rest of the family before we take the babies to secure them in the backseat. I feel beyond full in more ways than one as we finally climb into the car and get the heater going for our hour-long drive back home, but for once, the traffic isn't so bad. It's almost relaxing to be on the road and the babies are sleeping. That's always a bonus.

"I'm sorry about my grandma Elizabeth," I brush my thumb over Harry's knuckle as he holds my hand over the center console. "That whole Thanksgiving thing was stupid."

He smiles at the reminder. "It's not gonna keep me up tonight, babe."

The pet name brings an instant smile to my face as I release his hand just to thread my fingers up through the back of his hair. "You're good with people, y'know. You're good at talking."

"If there's anything I know how to do, it's answer controversial questions," he scoffs. "My whole life is based around knowing how to answer questions. I'm like a politician."

I crack up laughing and quickly look back to make sure the babies are still asleep. "Do you actually know what Thanksgiving is for?"

He opens his mouth to answer, then closes it. "Not really."

My giggles start up all over again as he laughs and lets me hug his arm against my chest. "I don't think you can be a politician and not know what Thanksgiving is, H."

"It's something with an explorer and Native Americans," he brushes it off. "The Americans took over and ruined everything or something like that."

"Something like that," I chuckle and agree, resting my head on his shoulder as we arrive closer to our neighborhood. "Thanks for being such a good sport, though. You're a gentleman."

"I try," he turns to kiss my forehead twice at a red light. "Do you wanna watch a movie when we get home? Just relax?"

"Mhm," the thought forces my eyes to close already and they remain that way until I feel him pull up into the driveway.

For the last time today, we take the car seats out and carry the babies inside before Harry goes back out for the leftovers to place in the fridge. Meanwhile, I place Jack in his bassinet so I can change Lily's diaper first, then his. Harry helps me change them into their matching onesies with the gold stars printed on the soft white fabric, and they're ready to eat again by that point.

Harry tries to shush them both while I change into more comfortable clothes first, then meet him back in the living room so I can feed them on the couch. While I get them situated, Harry then has the nerve to lay his head down on my lap as he scrolls through Netflix as if enough of my body isn't being taken up, and all I can do is stifle a laugh as I shake my head down at him.

That's another thing I've noticed since having these babies, is that I've never been so happy to be used before. My body is slowly but surely returning to what it was before, and that's been an emotional journey in and of itself, but any mark and imperfection only remind me that I had the opportunity to let my babies make a home inside of it. Because of that, Harry and I both have a new life purpose, which is solely to provide for Jack and Lily. My body and my life don't just belong to me anymore and for that, I'm thankful.

____________________

I know some of these holiday chapters coming up might feel like fillers (and they are a little bit) but this is their first holiday together-together! It's also why I try to update daily so you guys don't feel like you have to wait too long for chapters that aren't as exciting lol

Thank you for staying with me this long, I hope you're still loving it! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 666 31
Some Secrets are better untold...... *FINISHED*
302K 3K 18
Harry Styles imagines, you can request!
383K 4.4K 135
Random Harry Styles stories that I found.
732 28 5
Collection of Haylor stories inspired by their songs. Mostly angsty/sexy/damn we should not be doing this. Thank you @SunnyMt2 for beta reading, bei...