Chapter 75

HAVEN MCQUEEN
November 2021

"Okay, we're doing it," Molly's index finger hovers over the mouse pad. "Are we ready? Is everyone ready?"

I stifle a laugh as I film the whole scene for Harry so he can somewhat be a part of the moment that we launch the Pleasing website along with the first drop. My jaw falls as I smile the second the site is live, and from the administrative end, we can see the sales numbers. It was steady at first, but now the numbers are changing so quickly that it's too hard to keep up.

"Yay!" I pan the camera around to show the whole team of creatives behind the scenes of the whole operation. "Everyone say hi to H."

"Hi, H!" They all shout in unison before I give him one last view of the flashing numbers and end the video.

"God, that's so exciting," I tuck my phone into my back pocket. "I mean, I knew it was going to be successful, but that's fucking wild."

"And this is just the beginning," Molly reminds me with a smirk. "I think this is going to be so great for Harry and his fans alike. I think they'll be happy to support him in this endeavor."

"Definitely," I shake my head at the Mac screen again. "Well, I gotta go pick up the kids from my dad's house, but I still think we should post the crewneck before December so the fans can prepare to buy it and ask for it for Christmas if they'd rather."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," she agrees. "I'll send you and Harry the final images from that photoshoot so you two can choose which ones you'd like to post."

"Alright, and I'll draft up a caption," I pick my bag up from the desk to slide over my shoulder. "Thanks, Molly."

"No problem, be safe," she waves as I say a quick round of goodbyes to everyone on my way out of the office space. It's not much, but that's because our team is still small for the time being. If the sales continue at this rate, it won't be long until we'll have to expand. The good news is, nobody knows where this office is, which means nobody is watching me leave it.

The paparazzi have been on another level lately and at this point, Harry's fans are convinced that I'm paying them to follow me and the kids everywhere we go. I wish that were the case because then I could at least have a real explanation as to why they won't leave us the fuck alone, but it's getting worse and I don't know if that's because I now have six million followers on Instagram. The pattern seems to be that as Harry's fan following grows, so does mine. It's like we're a package deal except one of us is actually famous for a reason.

Either way, I'm trying not to let myself get too worked up about it. I might not have known his fame was seemingly going to double when we started seeing each other, but I already knew what being his girlfriend would mean back then and that hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed, is now we have two kids to think about. I don't worry for myself the way I worry for them and that's true in every aspect, but especially the fame. I'm not sure if when they're older, they're going to resent us for not trying harder to keep them out of the tabloids. Only time will tell.

At least for now, they seem happy as I let myself into my dad's house and find them playing chase with Blue and Chester. They're giggling and that's always my favorite sound—better that than crying.

"What's going on in here?" I laugh as Lily jumps a mile when Blue barks at her, but it's a playful yap and it keeps her smiling.

"Mum!" Jack comes skipping over to me, jumping up and down until I pick him up and hug him against my chest.

"Hey, sugar," my own mom comes in from the backyard with a watering can. "Did you just get here?"

"Yeah, how was everything?" I hold Jack on my hip, smiling as Lily lies down on the rug with Chester.