Chapter 58

HAVEN MCQUEEN

"Okay, so we have diapers, wipes, extra clothes in case of a blowout, a couple of burping cloths, the monitor, and two pacifiers...is that all we need?"

"I think so," Harry rummages around in the oversized Gucci diaper bag, a gift from Alessandro, to ensure we have everything. "Looks like it's all here."

"Okay," I check my phone to see my mom's text asking what our estimated arrival time looks like. I map my dad's house to see that we'll be there in an hour, which only puts us one hour behind schedule. I'd say that's pretty good. "Are we ready, then?"

"Yup," Harry smirks at the babies in their car seats on the living room floor, waiting for us to get our shit together so we can leave.

"Let's hurry before they decide they're starving," I sling my tote bag over my shoulder and grab Lily's car seat while Harry gets Jack and the diaper bag.

We secure each of them in his Range Rover parked in the driveway and I'm trying not to think about how this is going to be the longest stretch of time that they're in the car. I have no idea how it will go, but we're as prepared as we can be and Harry has assured me a million times that he will drive extra cautiously.

"Ready?" He asks for my consent as we linger in the driveway, and I nod as I glance back at the babies. They aren't sleeping, but if we're lucky, they'll pass out once we get on the highway.

"So are you nervous or excited?" I take his hand to hold it in my lap.

The question prompts the corner of his mouth to lift. "Both, but more excited."

"Well, it should be incredibly interesting, I can tell you that much," I cross one leg over the other and shift around to get more comfortable. "My grandparents don't all get along that well."

"No?"

"Mm," I shrug like that's only half true. "They're good at being cordial but it's pretty obvious that they aren't best friends. I mean, they don't interact the way our parents do."

"So do you think there will be any arguments?"

"Probably not, but maybe some tension," I push my arm up under his striped cardigan sleeve to feel the warmth of his skin. I guess I should say under my striped cardigan sleeve. I bought it for myself but it's oversized enough that he likes to wear it just as often. He said he likes that it smells like me, which is funny because every time I wear it, I feel like it smells more of him.

"You know what I've been thinking, though?"

He spares me a glance. "Tell me."

"This is technically about to be our first Christmas together," I tread lightly on the topic, knowing it's a slightly sensitive one. We both know why we weren't together for the holidays last year, but we don't need to dwell on why that is.

"I've been thinking about that too," he raises my hand to kiss the back of it. "I'm excited to spend it with you and the babies."

I smile down at his hand as I twist the rings on his fingers. "I'm excited for you to move in with me."

His smirk returns as he keeps his eyes on the road. "I should have gotten you pregnant a long time ago so I could have done that sooner."

"Mhm," I chuckle as I recall how happy he was when I asked if he wanted to move in with me officially. His reaction sort of surprised me, considering he's certainly downgrading in home size, but he swore that he has no emotional attachment to his Hollywood house.

We've been talking a lot about our future, which I don't think we necessarily would have done without having the babies. Before, everything was hypothetical, but now we really do have to discuss how we're going to raise our children. We both decided that we want them to have as normal of a life as possible without having normal lives at all. It's strange to think that someday, they're going to understand that their dad isn't just an average guy, but that he's loved by millions of people all around the world. I wonder what they'll think about that.