Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Skye

177 8 0
By RyuuLu

She thought she had known hurt when she had woken up at the hospital after the attacked that left her scared. Every small movement was shooting a wave of pain through her and she let’s out a hiss of pain. At least now she can add the fact that being shoot isn’t fun.

“Well, good morning Marry-Sue. You had me worried.”

A female voice speaks beside her, a voice that doesn’t belong to any of her family members, but it’s still seems familiar to her. And hearing the name Mary-Sue doesn’t help in the fact. She knows she should be still, not to move and to act that she isn’t awake, but a part of her wish to know who this woman is. With her curiosity winning, Skye opens her right eye, carefully.

A smiling woman is sitting beside her bed, from what she is dressed, she is clearly the doctor. Narrowing her eyes, Skye tries to remember if she has seen this woman before.

“Do you remember me? Because Agent May had a harder time, granted, I only walked past her in the hallway as she was coming to pick you up.”

The woman explains, which makes Skye open her left eye to, narrowing them as she tries to take in the woman. Her dark blond hair is up on a bun and there is a light in the grey eyes, there was a similarity to a younger woman she haven’t thought about in a long time.

“Willie?”

“Hello Skye, I’m quite pleased to see that you are awake, and that someone is finally calling me Willie around here, everyone else is determined to just go by Dr Johnson.”

This makes Skye smile, but she’s a bit confused why the woman is with her right now, and where the rest of her family is, after a look around they are the only once in the room.

“Your sister sent your mother and her team away, they were all getting restless and went on her nerves. And then I kicked your siblings and friend out because they were driving me crazy.”

Willie explains one of the questions she had and she can almost see Maria growing annoyed with the team to do something like that.

“And as for the reason I’m here. Without knowing it, your team took you to the hospital I work at, your mother informed one of my nurses that your hospital history could be found under the name Mary-Sue Pots. Seeing as I was a resident at the time you were first admitted to the hospital, I memorised your file, so when your name was mentioned, I knew I would have to be the one to help through out the whole way.”

Willie then explains and Skye nods her head slightly.

“So, I’m going to be okay?”

“You are going to be more than okay, all you need now is rest, we don’t want you to reopen your stitches. Now that you are awake, it won’t take long before those siblings will figure out, do you think you will be up to handle them?”

Taking a few seconds to think about it, Skye nods her head, knowing fully well that Willie is right, they will enter the room even if she doesn’t want them too.

“Alright, but remember to stay in the bed! I have phone calls to make and paper works that needs to write, but I will still stay at the base in case you need me.”

Willie informs her and Skye rolls her eyes, there’s no way she would be trying to leave the bed, not with the pain that is shooting through her as she moves. With one last nod of her head, Willie leaves the room and Skye takes in a carefully deep breath, it was going to be a long road to get back to where she had been.

Hearing running feet, she turns her attention towards the door, just as the door slams up and Clint being the first one to fall through the now open door.

“Smooth going birdy.”

She hears Gwen comments which makes Skye smile, watching how her best friend steps over her brother, Maria and Natasha following her. At least Natasha stops beside him, holding out a hand to help him up. Seeing how Clint is glaring at Gwen as he rises from the floor.

“Watch it spider jr.”

“Or what? You’ll shoot an arrow at me?”

“If my bow hadn’t been taken away, yes!”

“Awww, poor little birdy doesn’t have any other…”

“Girls, girls, your both pretty, now sit down before I make Natasha force you.”

Skye breaks up the fight between Gwen and Clint, smiling as she watches them glare at one another for another few seconds before sitting down, earning low laughter from Natasha and Maria.

“They have been going on like this for hours now, ever since they reached the base.”

Maria explains, which makes Skye rolling her eyes. She knew that Willie had kicked them out for being annoying, but she wouldn’t have expected Clint and Gwen going head to head.

“Yeah, Willie, told me she had to kick you out. After you kicked out mother and the others.”

Skye points out, an eyebrow lift as she looks at Maria who shakes her head.

“They had it coming. Can’t say Melinda was all to happy, well… neither of them were happy.”

Maria explains and Skye catches what Maria had been about to say and with the look form Gwen, she knows that her friend had catch it too.

“How did you even managed that by the way? I’ve meet that team, it would seem all to impossible to get them leave when Skye is in this state.”

Gwen asks, a question that Skye have been wondering herself, because she knows the team very well and it doesn’t matter if Coulson doesn’t know how she is, he will still be worried to no end about her. Which just helped to confuse his case for her.

“Well, it was a good timing thing. Got news about some Thor level readings so I sent them to take a look.”

Maria explains which pulls the attention towards her, now she feels sad that she’s not with them. Meeting an Asgardian would have been quite cool.

“I can see what you two are thinking, and trust me, it’s not fun having to deal with an Asgardian. Or it could just be Thor.”

Natasha says, her eyes moving between me and Gwen. Looking at my friend, I can see that the same thought had gone through her head.

“Do you really think they can handle an Asgardian mission, I mean… and I’m speaking of experience, those missions aren’t for the faint of heart and can become very dangerous very fast.”

Clint explains, directing the conversation back to the mission Maria sent Melinda and the others one and hearing that it can become dangerous, it makes her worry about Jemma and Leo. But they do have one advantage on their team, they have someone with them that have experience on dealing with Asgardians, someone that has dealt with a large part of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s  handling with Asgardians. And that brought her back to what she had been thinking about earlier, when Maria had been close to saying his name when mentioning the team.

“Coulson is alive.”

A silence falls over the room, eyes turning towards her and Skye realises she had spoken the words out loud and missed the fact they have been speaking.

“Say that again, because for a second it sounded like you said Coulson is alive?”

Natasha asks, her eyes narrows and the intense steer, Skye lowers her head. She should have thought this through properly, but it had just happened and she was tired of keeping so many secrets. And seeing how Natasha and Clint are the only once around her that doesn’t know that Coulson is  alive, it makes things harder.

“Coulson is alive, so the team will be fine. Out of all S.H.I.E.L.D. agent’s he has the best track record of dealing with Asgardians.”

“Coulson is alive? That’s not possible, he was killed.”

Natasha points out and Skye is happy that her attention is being turned towards Maria.

“Fury told us so himself.”

“He was dead, for 8 minutes. He was sent to Tahiti when he was getting back on his legs. After that he was being given a mobile team, which include Melinda, Simmons, Agents Fitz and Ward.”

Maria takes over the explanation but Skye knows she isn’t happy about it, she had given her word not to tell any of the Avengers of Coulson’s status.

“He’s alive, and you have been with him this whole time and haven’t told us until now?”

Clint asks, his eyes still on her and Skye forces herself to lift her head.

“Don’t blame Skye. When she was picked up from her van, neither Coulson or Melinda recognized her, it took Melinda a little while realise.”

“She was already suspicious that there was something different about me and that she thought she have meet me before. The reason she put it all together was because she saw my scars.”

Gwen takes over the explanation this time, only to have Skye mumbling her protection of her mother, which earned a handwave from Gwen.

“Yes, we know. Melinda is the best. It doesn't take away the fact that Coulson still haven’t figured things out and after the stunt he pulled at the HUB.”

Gwen continues and hearing how she mentions the HUB, Skye looks up properly. She is quite sure she never told Gwen about what had gone down that day.

“How?”

“Oh, please. Jemma is giving me daily updates om how you are doing. She also mentioned something about a train trip through Italy once all of this is done.”

Gwen informs her with a large smile and Skye guess she should have known Jemma would be feeding her best friend with information.

“So, to get back on track, Coulson is alive, he still haven’t figured who you really are, that thing Gwen mentioned...”

“He managed to scare her quite badly, so his back to square one.”

Natasha starts to count up what they have just learned, only to have Gwen stop her halfway through.

The anger flashing through her siblings eyes at this information, and this makes Skye worry what they will do to Coulson once they get their hands on him, if there is anything left after Pepper is done with him.

“And that thing, I take it Hand knows the truth, anyone else we should know about?”

“No, it’s us, the team, Fury, some level 8 agents... oh and Pepper of course.”

Skye informs them, and at the mention that Pepper knows, Natasha and Clint looks at her once more.

“Pepper knows!”

“Well, her knowing is Coulson and Fury’s own fault for giving her level 8 access point. Don’t be mad at her, I asked her to keep silent. She called me directly when she found his file, knowing my connection with him, thanks to use telling Stark that he can tell her everything. When this call happened, they had already picked me up, but it was before even mom had figured out who I was. Its been nice to have her behind my back.”

Skye explains, smiling slightly as she watches her siblings try a put everything together. Before either of them have a chance to add something, the door to the room opens and Willie is standing there, looking at them all.

“Alright, time for you all to leave Skye alone. She needs her rest! Now, out!”

She orders, pointing behind her and to Skye’s surprise, neither of them complained and one after the other, they left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...
3.5K 68 4
Marcus is send on a mission to capture Adam, Bree and Chase. Better said, that's what Douglas wants everyone to think. The truth is that he knows Mar...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...
5.6K 125 10
I wrote this fic a long time ago and only just realized I never posted it, so don't hold this to my current standards. It's still pretty cool though...