Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Melinda

179 11 0
By RyuuLu

Everything is a blur from the moment they learned the moment they learned the train had been stopped, to finding Jemma just waking up. Finding Fitz just as a body had been thrown out the window and a guard pointing his gun at the young engineer.

Ward being the first one through the front door as the rest of them took to the back door. Ward shooting Quinn's guards as Phil grabs the man, pushing him to Ward, gun pointed towards.

Learning that Skye is somewhere in the building, her leaving Ward to deal with Quinn as she rushes of. On a whim she headed down a set of stairs, pushing the slightly open door at the bottom of the stairs, to see her daughter covered and blood and what she hopes is just knocked out due to the blood lost.

She had not heard that Phil had followed her until she hears him call for Jemma ad Melinda carefully lifts Skye’s head to make sure she is still with them.

Jemma is soon beside her, barking orders without a second thought, ordering them to but Skye into a hyperbaric chamber. Following the orders and closing the doors, it feels like an eternity before her daughter takes in a deep breath.

She’s not sure how they managed to get the machine out of the building and onto the BUS, but one thing is for sure, someone was going to die if Skye doesn’t make it.

She makes sure to stay in the cockpit throughout the flight, not trusting herself to be down in the lab. She had listen to Jemma’s briefing on Skye’s condition and she can hear just how heart broken the young woman is. She should try and be there for her, but she knows that if leaves this room, she will end up killing Quinn.

She makes sure the land the plane on the closes hospital with a landing roof and the moment the ramp is lowered, hospital personal is ready to help move the machine.

“She was shot twice in the abdomen at close range almost two hours ago.”

“She’s tachycardic, hypotensive, and lost a significant amount of blood. We had to lower her core body temp in order to transport her here.”

“That’s probably what kept her alive this long. We’ll do everything we can.”

Melinda listens to the conversation happening in front of her, not sure if she should mention anything. Seeing how Skye is being rolled away without Jemma and Phil following, she makes a decision.

Grabbing hold of the closes nurse that is heading for the room they are taking Skye, she leans towards the woman.

“All of her previous medical information is found under the name Mary-Sue Pots.”

She tells the nurse who nods her head and Melinda lets her go, she can feel how the team looks at her, but she ignores them. Holding out one of her arms, Jemma quickly moves to her side and leans into the sideway hug. All they could do now, is to wait.

As they are heading for the waiting room, the same nurse Melinda had spoken to returns, out of breath  a clear sign she had been running.

“The doctor wish to wish to speak to you, Agent May.”

She nods her head, leaving Jemma’s side and follows the nurse down the corridors. She is being led into a washing room where her eyes lands on a young looking woman, who is just finishing up washing her hands and getting ready for surgery.

“You know, when I entered work today, the last thing I would have expected where to hear that name again.”

The doctor explains, lifting her head to look at Melinda.

“You don’t recognise me? Well, can’t blame you, I was simply a resident at the time and you were only here to pick up young Mary-Sue. I did however memories that full file, it was one of the worst cases I had ever seen.”

The woman continues to explain and as Melinda takes a proper look of the woman, there is a familiarity to her, and with what she is saying, it fits the time line.

“From the look of things, you have questions and I’m not done either. Get her cleaned, she can join us in the operation room.”

The doctor explains before entering the operation room. The nurse who had lead Melinda to the room, starts to help her and within a few minutes, Melinda enters the operation room herself. It was hard seeing Skye open on the table, but she can’t look away.

“When she first arrived, without any family or contacts, I was seriously thinking about a way to take her myself. Then we get news that an agent is on the way to pick up the scared girl and there you were, walking down the hallway looking ready to end anyone who looked at you in the wrong way.”

The doctor continues to explain once the doors closes behind Melinda.

“I didn’t know what I was going to see when entering that room, all my boss had told me was that I was here to pick up someone that was hurt. I thought it had been one of my coworkers. Seeing Skye for the first time, with the wounds, it chocked me.”

Melinda hears herself explaining and the doctor looks up at her for a few seconds when she says the name Skye.

“When she moved in with her siblings, they made sure to change her name to Skye. No one has been complaining about that.”

She explain and she is quite sure the doctor smiles under her mask.

“She has siblings?”

“Self appointed once. Two sisters and a brother, she also have a aunt who loved her very much and a whole group of godparents at the ready.”

Melinda informs, not sure mentioning the group is the Avengers is a good idea at the moment. Nor that two of Skye’s siblings are in fact part of the Avengers. When she thinks about, Skye has quite the protection net and she is worried how they will all react when they learn she has been hurt.

“I’m happy to hear that, even if I’m not happy to have her on the table.”

“How is she, Dr...”

Melinda starts to ask, only to realise she has no idea of what this woman’s name is.

“Wilma Johnson, most people just call me Willie. And to be honest with you, I’m not sure. What I need are equipment we don’t have here.”

The woman explains and Melinda nods her head, knowing fully well what she will have to do.

“If I can get hold of the equipment you need, do you think you can make her stable enough for one more move?”

At this Dr Johnson looks up, a bit of disbelief in her eyes.

“And how will you managed to pull that off?”

She asks and Melinda smiles, she likes this woman.

“It’s a good thing one of her sisters is the Deputy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and one of her Godparents is the CEO of Stark Industries.”

Melinda explains and she sees how the doctors eyes grow large at the news.

“Yes, I can make her stable, but know this. No one else is to operate on her. I’m coming with, she’s my patient and nothing will change that.”

“Good, because I was going to bring you.”

Melinda explains, nods her head in a thanks before walking out of the operation room, pulling out her phone in the progress. She makes sure to take in a deep breath before she calls Maria.

“Hey, how’s things going? Have you managed to get a hold of Quinn?”

Maria asks as she answered the phone. At the mention of Quinn, Melinda’s blood runs cold, she had forgotten the man is still being held captive on the BUS.

“We did.”

She says, her voice taking on an extremely dark tone.

“What happened?”

“He shoot Skye, twice in the stomach. We are at the hospital,  but according to her doctor they don’t have the recurs and equipment to save her...”

“Bring her to my base, now! I’ll make sure we have everything she needs. Just, how bad is it?”

“Make sure there are agents waiting when we land, I can’t guarantee Quinn will be alive if he stays longer than needed on the BUS.”

Melinda informs before ending the call, just in time for Dr Johnson to join her.

“Pack what you need, and have her transported to the plane, I will have us up in the air within 15 minutes.”

She orders the doctor who simply nods her head.

“Understood.”

She hears the woman say as she starts walking down the corridor once more, stopping outside of the waiting room, eyes landing on the rest of the team.

“To the BUS, now. We are moving her.”

She orders before walking off, not waiting for a response. If they don’t find themselves on the BUS within the 15 minutes mark, she will leave them at the hospital.

She makes sure to keep her eyes in the direction of the cockpit, as she enters. The moment she knows doctor Johnson has safely gotten Skye on board, with the help of Jemma and Fitz, she starts the plane up. The faster they can get to Maria’s base the better.

She makes sure to push the plane to its limit for the flight, for every second they are up there, Skye’s condition could become worse and she wouldn’t have that. She finally have her daughter back in her life and she wouldn’t lose her now.

Reaching the base and going in for landing, she sees Phil and Ward in the main room, looking at her with a hint of fear in their eyes. Good, she thinks, they deserve to see the true anger she is feeling. They should also know by now that her love and care for Skye runs just a bit deeper than that of an SO and its favourite student.

As the ramp lowers, Melinda sees that Maria didn’t only send agents to meet them, she had arrived herself to and from the looking in her eyes, it’s clear Melinda will have to keep the younger agent with her. If anyone is going to end Ian Quinn, it will be her.

Hearing movements from behind her, she turns, seeing how Ward is marching Ian Quinn towards him and the confident grin on his face makes Melinda’s blood boil.

“Finally, I thought you had all forgotten about me.”

Quinn comments as he get’s close enough to her and Phil and before Melinda has a chance to stop herself, she knocks the man right in the face, smiling at the crack of his nose. She would have swinged a second time if Phil hadn’t stopped her.

“Take him, and make sure you place him in the darkest and coldest parts of the Ice box.”

She can hear Maria order as a group of agents enters the BUS to release Quinn from Ward. They all watch in silence as the man who has created enough problems being taken away. At the sound of someone moving yet again behind them, Melinda turns, her anger gone when her eyes lands on Dr Johnson, Jemma and Fitz, all rolling out Skye from the lab.

“I presume that was the man responsible for Skye’s wounds?”

The Dr Johnson asks, and Melinda nods her head, seeing something flash in the doctors’ eyes at this.

“Well, he’s gone now.”

Maria comments, the anger that had been in her eyes earlier have also died down, as her eyes lands on Skye.

“Good, oh and Agent May. I will take Agent Simmons with me.”

Dr Johnson informs them as they keep on pushing the bed and Melinda shakes her head, she should have known leaving the doctor together with Jemma and Fitz, they would befriend her. At least with Jemma’s help, the chances of Skye pulling through would rise. Feeling how Maria is looking at her, Melinda simply shakes her head. Now’s not to the time to explain to her who that woman is, not with Phil and Ward beside them.

“Alright, since the three of them are off to handle Skye, would the three of you mind telling me what happened?”

Maria decides to ask instead, and her attention is turned towards Phil instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 68 4
Marcus is send on a mission to capture Adam, Bree and Chase. Better said, that's what Douglas wants everyone to think. The truth is that he knows Mar...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...
421K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...
232K 5.6K 62
It has been six months since Skye had walked out from the BUS in Hong Kong, leaven three out of four members believing she has betrayed them. However...