Woodside Academy (Percabeth A...

Galing kay perceehee13

Annabeth Chase is a workaholic perfectionist with the picture perfect grades and ability to learn quickly. Be... Higit pa

Chapter 1 - Greetings from Annabeth Chase
Chapter 2 - The News
Chapter 3 - Talks and Popcorn
Chapter 4 - Books and Boys
Chapter 5 - Soup to cure Boredom
Chapter 6 - S'mores and unexpected run-ins
Chapter 7 - First Flight to England
Chapter 8 - The Tour
-
Chapter 9 - First Day
Chapter 10 - Art Projects and Pink
Chapter 11 - An Annoying Blonde
Chapter 12 - A Few Tricks Up My Sleeve
Chapter 13 - A Big Mess
Chapter 14 - Detention
Chapter 15 - The First Game
Chapter 16 - Studying Pays Off
Chapter 17 - Weird Behavior
Chapter 19 - Tearful Night
Chapter 20 - 1 Month Anniversary
Chapter 21 - Day Out Shopping
Chapter 22 - Haunted Maze
Chapter 23 - Dancing on Clocktowers
Chapter 24 - A Not-So Well Oiled Machine
Chapter 25 - New Tutor?
Chapter 26 - The First Session
Chapter 27 - What Plan?
Chapter 28 - Nighttime Talks
Chapter 29 - Blue Harmonica
Chapter 30 - 20 Questions and a Confession
Chapter 31 - Giggling in Geography
Chapter 32 - The Events Leading Up
Chapter 33 - The Plan Unfolds.
Chapter 34 - Better Parts of Life
Chapter 35 - The Final Game
-
Chapter 36 - Welcome to New York
Chapter 37 - Sweet on America
Chapter 38 - Christmas Tree
Chapter 39 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 40 - Leaving
Chapter 41 - Feelings
Chapter 42 - A Very Short Conversation
Chapter 43 - Coming Back and an Announcement
Chapter 44 - First Night Back
Chapter 45 - A Troubling Day
Chapter 46 - Theater
Chapter 47 - studying
A/N

Chapter - 18 Dude, You Need a Tutor!

358 4 0
Galing kay perceehee13

Annabeth's POV

September 4

     I sat down in geography, mentally exhausted. Something I noticed in my few weeks at Woodside, school is a lot more draining than homeschool. It's probably the social aspect.

     I dropped my bag beside me on the ground, then dug through it to get my books out. As I did, I felt somebody sit next to me. I had a feeling it was Percy, since lately he seems to take a liking to sitting beside me.

     Sure enough, as I straightened up and plopped my books onto my desk, Percy was beside me. He had his supplies sprawled out in front of him as well, but he was busy talking to one of his friends beside him.

     The teacher passed out the test we had today and Percy turned to me to hand me the paper. I reached out the grab it, and he gave me a wink so quick I thought I imagined it.

     I wrote my name up at the top, then began scanning the questions. My mind answered each question as I read, and I was pleased to know I would breeze through this.

     My pencil scratched down the answers one by one, and I barely even had to stop to think about my answers. When I was done with the exam, I stood up quietly as to not make a sound, then made my way down to the teachers desk. He gave me a quizzical look, as if he didn't believe I could have finished so early, but I ignored him.

     As I walked behind Percy to get to my desk next to him, I saw he was on the third question. I sat down and watched him out of the corner of my eye as I began reading my book. His face twisted in confusion as he struggled, and I felt pained for him. I wish I could help, but during a test I couldn't.

     He finished and turned in his test just minutes before the clock tower bell rang and dismissed us to our last class.

***

     After art, the students crowded together at the door as they shoved through one another to leave. I lingered behind beside Piper as she talked to Jason, while Percy stood by Jason. Percy and I weren't involved in Piper and Jason's conversation, and after a few seconds we drifted behind the two and stood together.

     "So," I started slowly. "How was the geography test?" It was a stupid question, but the best conversation starter I could come up with.

     I noticed Percy's shoulder sag a bit as he answered my question. "It went about as well as expected."

     Deciding to give him the benefit of the doubt, I tried for a smile. "You got a..B?" I asked hopefully.

     Percy didn't show any hint in his facial expression as he slung his bag off his shoulder and into his hand. He opened it up then searched through the contents, before finally pulling out the crumpled paper. He held it out in front of him, frowning at the front page, then handed it to me. It had a red 43% written in the top left corner.

     "Oh," was all I said as I flipped through the pages and looked at each question that had been marked wrong. When I was done, I handed the paper back to him. Percy stuffed it back into his bag, beginning to walk out of the class behind the other students. I followed beside him.

     "It's not that bad Percy, you just need to study more." I told him, but then I realized studying for him wasn't as easy as it was for me.

     He snorted beside me as we made our way into the courtyard. "Yeah, 'not that bad', and that's coming from the perfect student. You'd probably have a stroke if you got a grade like mine." His words were so bitter, I felt awful. But I also felt defensive all of a sudden.

     "I'm just trying to make you feel better, would you rather I had told you to get yourself together and start trying harder? Percy, I know you don't need to hear that."

     Percy tensed, staying quiet as we began walking up the stairs to the second year dorms.

     "I didn't mean to snap at you, I'm sorry." He said as he pushed the door to the common room open for me.

     I stepped inside and turned to face Percy as he closed the door. "It's okay," I told him. "Just don't do it again." I said in a teasing tone, giving him a slight smile. He rolled his eyes, but his lips curved into a grin.

     "Yes ma'am."

     The two of us separated as we went into the different bedrooms. I closed the door behind me then walked over to my bed, and my wardrobe beside the bed.

     I grabbed a simple pair of faded jeans and blue sweatshirt. After getting changed, I grabbed my book off of my bedside table and sat down on the bed.

     With my knees curled up to my chest, I began reading the book as girls passed in and out of the dorm. After a little while, I heard voices in the common room that I couldn't help but overhear. It was Jason and Leo, talking about Percy.

     "I'm worried about him, man," Leo said.

     "He says he's doing fine, but his grades say otherwise. I just wish he'd ask for help." Jason's voice replied.

     "It's not just that, you know he's been acting differently since—"

     Jason interrupted Leo with a hushed, hurried tone. "Maybe let's not talk about that here, Leo. Come on."

     The common room door slammed shut. Then, what could have been ten minutes later, it opened and closed again.

     After feeling cramped in the girls room, I decided to go sit in the common room as well. I pulled some socks on then walked across the room and left.

     I walked into the common room, then sat down on the couch. Piper and Rachel were sitting in the corner on the floor, laying cards out on the floor as they talked. Upon my entering, they both looked up at me and gave me a smile before going back to their game.

***

     I was sitting at dinner, eating some pasta.

     Across from me sat Rachel and Percy, followed by Leo and Charles. Beside me sat Hazel, and Piper. Jason was on the other side of Piper, as per usual. Jason and Percy were leaning across the table, cracking a joke at something then losing their minds as they laughed. Rachel and Piper glanced disapprovingly at their boyfriends, before giggling a bit themselves. Hazel and I were talking about a book. Leo and Charles were assembling random table items that they found. We were all having a pleasant evening, until it had to be disturbed.

     Poseidon walked into the Great Hall, then walked past our table. He stopped behind Percy, and didn't bother to lower his voice as he addressed his son. "Percy, I'm very disappointed in you," he said strictly. "Your grades haven't been improving, in fact they've been getting worse. I know you're upset about...other matters, but try to take more initiative in school."

     Percy's head dropped, he looked like he was ready for the earth to open up and swallow him. Poseidon walked away, clearly not bothered by the way he'd just disheartened his son.

     Jason was the first to speak up. "Percy, I hate to say it—you know I really really do—but your dad is right."

     Percy ignored Jason. He brought his elbow up onto the table and leaned on it as he poked at his food.

     "Maybe a tutor could help?" Piper suggested helpfully, keeping her tone soft.

     Percy glanced up at me. "Annabeth helped me study for my history test a while ago," he said. "If anyone could tutor me, it's her."

     Piper turned to me expectantly, and to my surprise, Rachel glared at me. I felt uncomfortable, I had been able to help Percy once but I don't know if I could come up with so many creative ways for him to remember everything he was learning.

     I almost said no, but I looked up at Percy and he looked so desperate that I just couldn't. "I'll help you study, Percy. You know I will, but you have to promise to give it your best effort."

     He gave me a grateful grin, nodding his head. Hazel gave me a nod, thanking me with her eyes. I knew she cared for Percy in a sisterly way, she wanted Percy to do his best just as much as any of his other friends.

      Rachel huffed and turned to Percy. In a not-so-quiet whisper, she told him; "you're just gonna spend time with another girl? I could tutor you, you know."

     Percy glanced at Piper, who was frowning. He then looked at me with a pleading look, but I shook my head subtly. If he turned down his girlfriend to be tutored by me, it would not make her too happy.

     "I'd love that, Rach." Percy said, giving her a smile. I could hear the strain in his voice, but Rachel obviously didn't notice. She grinned and gave Percy a peck on the cheek before turning forward. She gave me a smug smile, which I thought to be unnecessary, but didn't do anything about it.

     After dinner, we all headed up to the dorms and got ready for bed. The lights went out after I'd gotten ready for bed, and I fell asleep.

Word count-1606
I'm gonna start having longer periods of time in between chapters, because I feel like the writing is forced and I need to stop rushing it

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

253K 4.8K 72
All wars leave people damaged, wether it be physically or mentally. For Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson, it's both. What happens when it's time fo...
79.5K 1K 29
Annabeth Chase- the mystery girl. She's annoyingly smart, surprisingly tough, and in a gang? She's known her whole life to keep her head down and avo...
34.2K 792 48
Love? Annabeth never believed in it. Her mother abandoned her, her love life was in the dumpster. But love is known to be found in the strangest of p...
132K 2.3K 26
Annabeth Chase is the princess, soon to be Queen, of her kingdom. Her father is more focused on the ancient laws of Annabeth marrying a prince instea...