Made for you

By _ilovetoread-

BASED ON A HAUSA LIFESTYLE Follow Manal through her journey as she moves to a new city to begin a new phase... More

Made For You
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chaoter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 49

2.5K 188 261
By _ilovetoread-

I lost.

I'm currently sitting in his car going back with him.

It wasn't easy though, it really wasn't.

I was seated in the passenger's seat bawling my eyes out and he was driving and occasionally turning to give me another tissue after I've successfully drenched the previous one.

Tell me why after I left him yesterday, he left for a hotel in town to spend the night, I go into my room to see mama packing up my stuff.

Huh?

I never agreed to that.

When I ask her what she's doing she says 'you've overstayed your welcome'

In my father's house???

Between i and my sister she's the bratty one, but last night I took her crown and I proudly wore it on my head because I was so serious that I wasn't going back with him. No way.

That man basically told me to get out of his house, he said words that questioned my character, words that I tried to push at the back of my mind when he was speaking to me, he jumps for a divorce at the first opportunity possible, he made it plainly obvious that he doesn't want me. And they're sending me back???

Apparently she said Baba called Ummi to tell her to tell Mama that 'Manal has stayed enough, she needs to go back with Muhammad'

They all think this is some type of 'yagi?' This isn't yagi! Because I have no intention of going back.

This marriage whatever, he wanted to end it without giving it a chance, maybe this was a sign for me to get out before I end up in a loveless marriage forever, and they're sending me back.

I couldn't believe this.

Despite my tantrums and my tears the entire night, I ended up in his car the following morning.

I didn't answer his Salam. I didn't answer when he said he's sorry and I should stop crying, I didn't answer when he asked if I'd like anything to eat.

He should leave me alone! I do not want him.

Liar.

It's been an hour into the ride and I sniffed before outstretching my arm to collect yet another tissue from him.

He picked up the tissue box from his lap and he moved it towards me, I removed one before turning away  from him, he looked at me for a second before turning back to the road and keeping the tissue box back on his lap.

He insists I must come back with him right? Well he better keep his strength and patience intact because I'm not making it easy for him.

He made a move to keep a hand on my arm to console me and I almost broke my skull from the way I hit myself against the window and door in an attempt to get away from him.

He raised his hand up in surrender and he kept it back by his side. "Shikenan."

Don't feel bad.

Don't feel bad.

Don't feel bad!

I moved back to my previous position as I collected the next tissue he gave to me and I opened the mirror in front of me before cleaning my kohl that has smudged and had me looking like a raccoon.

I closed the mirror and I trashed the tissues in the plastic bag that I was packing the rest of the tissues in.

I leaned back against my seat as I looked out the window.

I could occasionally feel his gaze traveling from me to the road.

I felt myself slipping into slumber, my cries weren't useless after all.

I woke up to the sound of the door slamming shut.

I flinched before hastily waking up from my sleep.

I looked around and I realized we were at the compound of his house.

I felt him open the trunk as he brought out my bags.

I groaned as I scratched my eyes before picking my handbag and bag of dirty tissues to trash them away.

I opened the door and the next thing I saw were two tiny people running towards me.

I let out a laugh as they tackled me in a hug.

"Maama!" "Laala!"

"Hiii!" I said to them as I leaned down to hug them properly.

I missed them sooo much. The sudden feeling of guilt hit me for leaving them alone, especially with the fact that I knew I didn't want to come back, Oh My God.

I leaned down towards them and I peppered kisses all over their faces as they started giggling.

I laughed before hugging them tighter.

"How are you?" I asked them both.

"Fine" "I'm good!"

You already know whose reply is which.

I pinched their cheeks before patting them and motioning towards their dad "go say hi to daddy"

They released me before rushing to their dad who they just seemed to notice, he was standing there looking at us with a small smile playing on his lips.

These stupid stupid butterflies.

He picked them both up and they giggled before throwing their arms around him.

A new face came towards us to help pick the bags.

Just then I saw Maman Bala come out of the house to greet him.

I was confused but nevertheless I smiled and I went into the house.

"Ina Kausar?" I asked I disposed the trash and I kept my bag on the couch.

"Kausar Baban en biyu ai ya kore ta" she said.

(The twins dad had fired her)

I blinked.

Right.

Well what did I expect, she was also a big culprit in this, I was so upset at  My Father, Ya Khalifa and Ya Muhammad that I didn't stop to think about how I trusted her and she did this.

Wow.

Allah ya sauqe. And apparently she's been here since before the twins were born, i wonder how they feel with her gone.

I nodded as Maman Bala left for the kitchen and Ya Muhammad came in with the twins who were refusing to come down from his arms.

"Maama!" Alim said as he outstretched his arms towards him. 

I moved forward to pick him up "Na'aaam"

He smiled before hugging me again.

I smiled "did you miss me?"

"Yes!" He said.

"How much?" I asked.

"This!" he said as he opened his arms really wide.

I laughed as Ya Muhammad chuckled along with me.

"I missed you too" I said to him as I rocked us around.

"You too baby" I said as I pinched Alina's cheek.

She grinned.

"Did you miss Daddy?" Alina asked.

I blinked at her, she blinked back at me.

No. No I did not.

Liar.

"I don't know" I said lowly as I looked at Alina ignoring the gaze of the man in question.

She tilted her head to the side "why?"

Oh God. Sometimes I felt like this girl knew exactly what she was doing.

She gestured with her hands I come closer and I moved closer to them and she moved to whisper in my ear "daddy make you sad?"

I chuckled before I nodded.

"Sorry! Tell daddy you want ice cream" she grinned.

I chuckled.

"Keh dai kawai kiche kina son Ice cream" Ya Muhammad said before bringing her down to her feet.

Alina did a terrible job at whispering.

I started to smile then I remembered I'm upset at him and I dropped it.

His eyes moved to mine before moving forward and removing his son from me before any of us could protest and he kept him on his feet.

Alim pouted but nevertheless he waddled to the living room where Alina was already seated.

It was awkward standing there with him so I turned to leave only for him to hold my hand to bring me back to my original position.

"I'm sorry" he said plainly.

I blinked back at him, wondering if I heard him right, he apologized??

"I apologize for all I've done, all I've said, and most importantly I'm sorry for not believing you or giving you a chance to probably explain yourself, it was my responsibility to protect your dignity and go an extra mile to prove that you're innocent but I failed, and for that I'm very sorry."

When he saw I didn't plan on saying anything he continued to speak.

"I didn't know what to do to earn your forgiveness, and also to thank you for treating my children like they're yours. I know you once told me that you wanted to open a bakery of your own so I got you a shop in a plaza nearby so you can start up a bakery, I know that's not enough to earn your forgi-.."   I didn't let him finish because I cut him off, I wasn't the one to interrupt but I had to make sure we were on the same page.

"You?...you're opening up a bakery for...me?" I asked.

"Yes."

Even thought he literally explained the reason my stupid brain cells still made me ask "why?"

I was perplexed.

"Because I care. I care about you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me, that's literally my childhood dream, still is my dream.

I didn't even know what to do or how to react, when he started talking to me 2 minutes ago that had been the least thing I've expected to come out of his mouth.

I let out a breathe to steady my heartbeat only to end up chuckling because I can't believe this.

"Wow..I-..wow-.." I didn't know what else to say so I kept quiet for a second.

After a few seconds of battling with my mind I moved forward and I gave him a hug.

You're giving him a hug after promising to give him a hard time?!

Shut up.

Well as much as this is very overwhelming, I did forgive him already and I appreciate this so much, I just don't even know how to voice it out because it caught me so off guard, however... I'm not letting him off the hook that easily.

Sure looks easy to me.

Shut up! I hate the stupid voice in my head so so so much wallahi.

Immediately I hugged him I regretted it, it was awkward, he stood still because I had caught him off guard.

He reluctantly moved his arms to wrap them loosely around me, it was as if he was scared to touch me, my heartbeat increased when I realized this is the first time we're hugging and I pushed down the urge to withdraw myself immediately.

After 5 more seconds I unwrapped my arms from around him. Well that was very awkward.

"Thank you...thank you very much...um May Allah bless you" I said, at lost for words

I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off.

"You can thank me enough by forgiving me" he said.

"I've done that already, a long time ago" I said.

He blinked at me, and when he didn't look like he was going to speak up I turned back on my heels and I walked up the stairs.

-/-/

The following Morning he asked for the pancakes that I make him that he's obsessed with for breakfast, I made it for him.

"Toh Bye bye! Alina don't forget I put your water bottle in your bag today, Kinji?" I said.

She nodded with a grin and I closed the door before waving them off.

I waited until the car left the compound and the gates were closed until I walked back into the house, I passed the dining where he was having breakfast.

I had already started climbing the stairs when he spoke "You're not having breakfast? Come sit with me."

I shook my head "no, I'm ok, I'm going back to my room."

We both know I said that not because I wasn't hungry but because I did not want to sit with him.

However, he didn't call me out, he simply nodded.

"Alright, you have a class by 9:30, don't you? Let me drop you off."

Since when did he know my schedule?

I tilted my head to the side "I'm sure the driver will be back on time to take me, don't worry."

He nodded "Yes, but it'll be easier for me to drop you off since I'm going out already."

"No thank you , you can go, I didn't plan on going Dama."

Well it wasn't a lie, Firstly I didn't want to be in the car with him, Secondly, it's Wednesday and it's only one lecture, I'll go tomorrow instead. This leaving that I've done will bite me in the bum because I've literally missed three good weeks of school.

Chab.

He nodded and he let me be.

I started walking up the stairs again when he spoke again.

"I'd like a bottle of water please" he said.

I frowned. When did this start??? He never orders me around, he loves doing his stuff himself and getting his stuff himself, so I don't know why all of a sudden he wants me doing stuff for him.

Well I knew why, but let's play dumb.

I turned and I walked down the stairs I climbed before walking to the kitchen, I picked up a bottle of water and a glass cup before walking out of the kitchen, I made sure to open the bottle of water and I poured it in his glass cup before he calls me back to do that too.

I handed him over the cup.

"Can I leave?" I asked him.

"Sit with me Manal...please." he repeated.

"I want to go back upstairs." I said almost immediately.

"Why?" He asked.

"I want to be alone."

"Alright...you may leave."

I didn't wait a second and I turned and I walked towards the stairs, leaving him to continue eating breakfast alone.

I was halfway on the stairs and away from his eyesight when I paused, I felt really bad for leaving him alone, what am I doing??!! I breathed out to control my emotions, I forced myself to continue walking up the stairs and to not to feel bad for my attitude and rush back to go sit with him, he even said please Manal! GO Back!! I tried to not let my emotions get the best of me, instead I remember how hurt I felt when I cried for him to believe me and he didn't, I need to stand my ground.

I went back up and I shut the door behind me, about 7 minutes later I heard his car leaving the compound.

Immediately he came back from work he was at my door.

I opened the door to find him standing there.

He told me he wanted to take me to go see my dad so we can make peace, I told him I didn't want to, I wasn't ready to meet him because he had hurt me the most, that was going to take a lot of mental preparation from my side.

Surprisingly he didn't push it, he said he understood and he left me.

I was at peace the rest of that day, he didn't look for me, he was locked away in his study and I thought I was free until the next morning when he was knocking at my door.

That was how it went on. Him trying to talk to me or bringing something up and I dismiss it or decline.

I say I've done a pretty good job in standing my ground.

Tuesday. Same thing.

Wednesday. Same thing.

Thursday. Same thing.

Friday. Same thing.

Saturday?...same thing.

                      -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Allah sarki Wallahi har ya ban tausai 🥹😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guys please don't judge me I have a soft spot for Muhammad 😔

Ah tapa wa Manal for standing on business! It's not easy 👏👏👏👏🤣🤣

Do you think her behavior is justified or does she need to let it go?

Oya, team 'he should suffer', yayi koh ah qara??🤣🤣

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter 😂

See you on the next one

Love, M ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.3K 9.8K 65
"Enough!" He thundered, "Enough is enough Zara, you are the one who broke my heart, why did you do this to us, why?, i've loved you so very much but...
148K 14.6K 42
Fated for each other yet are unsure of each other's motives. Nasreen a young lecturer is arranged to get married to Irfan after she was jilted by her...
52.3K 3.7K 61
She has been in love with him for as long as she can remember. She was madly head over heels for him. When she was bound to him, things don't go as s...
18.5K 2.2K 17
I went through my heartbreak messages. I have kept record of them ever since I started dating. My friends got tired of keepin track of my love storie...