Percy Jackson: Son of Chaos...

By KatelynnDavenport

Follow along as we see our favorite hero accused, broken, rescued and saved. He was forced to leave his home... More

The Beginning
The Palace
Heir & Commander
Meeting
Camp Half-blood
Family
A Feeling
Mission
The Enemy
Prophecy
Nightmares
It's Time
The Attack
The Son of Chaos
The Reveal
Olympus
Planning
Calm Before the Storm
Ambush
Waiting
Torture
Lost
Found
Dreams & Plans
Awake
Days Following
The Battle
Tricks of Darkness
Life or Death
The Battles End
Drained
The End
Drawing
Epilogue
Author's Note
New!!
What If Series

Preparations

609 13 8
By KatelynnDavenport

It had been six days since Percy was brought back and he was finally allowed to start training again. Everyone was so happy to see Percy back and okay. It had been hard knowing that their friend and leader was taken by the enemy.

No one brought up what he went through. No one mentioned the fact he was tortured. They knew and they respected him that much more. Which also meant they worried that much more as well. One person could only handle so much. And with Percy being as selfless as he is. Everyone was there to support him if needed.

Speaking of support, Luke stuck to him like glue. He was not about to let Percy go anywhere without him. Not until after this war. The only times when Luke wasn't with him was when Annabeth was by his side.

Chaos had begun to go back and forth between working back home in the palace and checking in with Percy and Luke. He had brought another group of the army to earth to help in the battle to come. He still left two-thirds of the army back on their home planet as security and as back up if needed in the coming days.

They could all feel the impending battle approaching. Maybe that was why Percy spent the whole day in the practice arena. Training himself back into shape, teaching his newly healed muscles how far they can go and how strong they were. It was painful to say the least.

It was late afternoon, and the prince was finally satisfied with the progress of the day. Sweat glistened his forehead and body. His powers had not returned to full strength, but he couldn't be happier with how fast his body could heal.

Luke on the other hand was not happy. But he couldn't do anything to stop him, so he had joined him in the training. "Geez Perce. Give yourself a break will you. You are pushing yourself harder than you did back on Chaos' planet in the beginning."

"Luke, I'm fine. I know my limits. I will not be unprepared for when Order decides to show his face." Percy's voice turned cold as he spoke, "He will deserve what is coming for him and I will not let anyone else suffer."

Luke stood there for a second. Noting how his eyes seemed to pulse with energy just waiting to be released. He sometimes forgot Percy was now the Prince of the Stars and held as much power as Chaos. "I know. And I won't let him either but if you push yourself too much too soon you won't be helping anyone okay?"

Percy sighed but smiled, "You're right. Come on, let's go. It's almost dinner time anyway." Luke smiled right back as the two walked toward the amphitheater.

After dinner the sun was creating its beautiful golden hour glow as Percy and Annabeth walked along the path to the beach. Both talking about the training the campers were doing and plans for the upcoming battle. Annabeth was explaining in detail one of the plans when she noticed Percy stop. She stopped talking and turned to him.

His galaxy sea green eyes were scanning the open space of the beach as if reliving memories. That's when Annabeth noticed where they were. This was where he fought Order and Tartarus alone. "Percy." She spoke softly as she laid a hand on the side of his arm.

That drew him back to reality and he breathed out a heavy breath. "Sorry, come on."

The two continued to the soft, warm sands and sat down. They enjoyed the quiet and peaceful sounds of the waves lapping against the shoreline. Their moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Both looked behind them to find Chaos standing there. "Sorry to bother you two but may I speak with Percy for a moment?"

Annabeth nodded before pecking Percy on the lips and walking back towards camp. Percy stood as well and watched as Annabeth left. He then turned to Chaos with a smile, "How may I be of service my good sir?"

Chaos laughed, then looked at him sheepishly, "I didn't mean to interrupt, sorry." The demigod just smiled brighter and chuckled at him. "It's okay. Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong at the moment. I just wanted to return this to you." he said as he extended his hand and a silvery gold crown glistened in the fading sunlight.

Percy gingerly took it from his father's grasp. Holding it in his hand and inspecting it. "It was kind a nice not having to wear it the past few days." He sassed as he placed it on his head. Ignoring the emotions welling inside from the reason he lost it. He could almost feel Order holding him in place as he yanked his crown from his head.

Chaos studied him. As if knowing the inner turmoil he was pushing down. "Percy... it's okay to not be okay. You are my son; nothing will change that."

Percy's wings rustled as he smiled at him. "Yeah... thanks Chaos. Really."

The creator smiled lovingly at the boy before wrapping him in a hug. They pulled apart as Luke appeared on the beach.

"What are you doing here Luke?" Percy called out annoyed, as he approached.

"I saw Annabeth come back but I didn't see you and I got worried." He said quietly while rubbing the back of his neck. Percy just wrapped an arm around him and started walking them back to camp. He turned to Chaos, "Keep me updated on anything needed and don't forget our training session for tomorrow."

"I will. Goodnight you two."

Both demigods smiled back and said goodnight before Percy suddenly stopped. "Perce what's up?" Luke asked.

A shiver went through the black-haired demigod. He closed his eyes trying to figure out the strange feeling he felt. It was almost like he could feel a connection with something or someone. He could feel their aura. It felt like a warning.

Chaos narrowed his eyes at the two and then looked around for any threat. He didn't sense anyone or anything around. Percy shuddered again and looked at them both. "He's coming. I don't know how I know but I can feel it."

"I'll alert the Olympians now and finish setting up defenses at the palace. I'll be back as soon as I can." Chaos spoke before disappearing.

Percy nodded before turning to Luke, "Come on. We need to alert everyone and set up extra rotations to keep watch tonight."

Luke just nodded in agreement before they both took off to camp.

Chaos appeared on Olympus not a second later. No one was there. 'Of course.' He thought to himself. He shot a beam of energy into the sky, signaling an emergency meeting. The gods slowly began filling their thrones.

"Chaos! What's wrong!? Is Percy okay?" Poseidon asked when he appeared. Worried something had happened to his son again. "Percy is fine. I'll explain once everyone is here."

A few minutes later, the last throne was filled and Chaos locked eyes with Zeus. His voice darkened as he spoke, "it's time. Ready yourselves and follow the plans we have put in place. Don't waste any time. I expect you all to listen to my commanders until I return."

The gods shuffled in their seats with the unsettling news. Some gasped and others paled. This was a fight they were expecting but didn't want to happen. They didn't feel ready.

"Remember to protect your children and each other. Hold your positions and we have a chance."

Zeus nodded, followed by the others. "I will be back shortly and meet you at Camp Half-Blood." Finished with what he wanted to say he vanished before them back to the palace.

The gods quickly acted and gathered the items they needed before flashing to camp.

~

Percy and Luke had rounded up the cabin leaders. Everyone grew solemn as they mentally prepared themselves for the fight. "Okay, you know the plan. The gods should be here soon. As for now, we wait. We will have triple the number of shifts for watch tonight so everyone can get some rest before the fight. Warn your cabin and then get some sleep. Hopefully I won't see any of you until tomorrow morning. Dismissed."

As soon as Percy dismissed them, they all went their separate ways to prepare. Annabeth, Luke and Percy stayed at the big house until the gods showed up. Zeus nodded to the prince.

Percy nodded back. "Glad to see you guys. Okay, I want you paired up as we discussed, and you will be on rotation for the watch tonight. The rest of you can get rest when it is not your turn. You can stay here in the big house for tonight."

All the gods nodded and did as Percy said. Luke turned to Percy, "I'll take the first shift between us. I'll wake you up in a few hours to switch."

"Okay. See you in a few hours." Luke left to join the campers on first watch.

Percy smiled at Annabeth as they went back to the Chaos cabin and into Percy's room. Neither said anything. Though, nothing needed to be said. They had already been through two major wars. They both understood what was coming and there was no need to talk about it and worry each other more. So, in horrible, over their age understanding, they accepted the battle to come.

Percy wrapped his arms around Annabeth as they cuddled up close under the covers of Percy's bed. He squeezed her tight in his arms, wings wrapping around them both. "I love you so much Wise Girl." He whispered as he graced her head with a gentle kiss. She leaned into him and his words. "I love you so much too Seaweed Brain."

Both demigods closed their eyes to get some rest. Knowing full well this could be the last time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 5.3K 13
*EDITING* Perseus Achilles Jackson; Savior of Olympus, one of the Seven, and the most loyal demigod you will ever meet. Has a price over his head? Af...
1M 21.1K 31
Percy Jackson has been betrayed by everyone he cares about, everyone he loves- even Annabeth, the one person he thought he could always count on. So...
482K 8.1K 30
Along with the help of his friends, Percy Jackson saved Olympus and the world from the earth goddess, Gaea. However, instead of being welcomed to the...
622K 10.1K 35
Commander Alpha of Chaos's Army (PJO/HOO Fanfic) Highest Ranks: #1 in Percy Jackson; #1 in PJO Percy Jackson. Savior of Olympus. Hero of the centur...