• Only Time Will Tell •

By jada_nb

Just read you won't regret it... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
New Characters!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Brief Intermission
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
*Announcement: New Story!!*
~ The Final Chapter ~

Chapter 86

418 16 2
By jada_nb

Sade's POV:

It'd been about seven months since I'd last visited Diana. And at this point, this meeting was more of a get together to catch up, rather than the more serious ones we'd had before. I was excited and so was she.

Walking into her office that looked and smelled just the same, reminding me of flowers and spring, I flashed a grin her way once she glanced up from her computer screen.

"If it isn't my favorite paatieenntt," she stood with open arms while rushing over to hug me.

I chuckled. "D, you know I hate that word."

"My apologies dear, you know I love you," she smiled as the two of us parted from the embrace before making our way to sit on the loveseat. "So," her head tilted as she made eye contact with me. "How are you?"

"Really good D," I nodded slowly, unable to help the smile curving at my lips. She smiled at the sight, which made me giggle. "I'm uh...I'm engaged, so that's new-"

"You're what?!" My laughter grew at the sight of her wide eyed expression in reaction to the news. "You didn't think to tell me Sade?! When did this happen??!"

"I wanted to tell you in person first, just to see your face," I snickered as her mouth remained hanging open. "It was worth the wait for sure."

"Why in the world do you play so much?" Diana chuckled while shaking her head at me. "I want to hear allll the details, you know the drill miss thing."

And I did just that.

We talked about almost everything that's happened since November of last year. When I last visited, it was the first time I'd seen her since before the accident. And it was then that I couldn't do anything but break down by the end of the session. Sure I was putting on a brave face everyday at home with Lauren, but apparently I was hurting much more than I realized. And Diana helped me see that.

For months I'd been tending to her needs, and completely ignored my own, emotionally. I was angry that the second we decided to get back together, she got hurt, and by someone who'd been hurting her for a long time before then. I was upset at the way he'd made her feel about herself, and that I felt I couldn't do enough to change it. I was upset that I ever let her go in the first place... Seeing her in the hospital like that, and being there everyday that she was in immense pain, it hurt me as well.

But to me, she didn't need to know that. Lauren didn't need to see that I'd be in tears when she was asleep, and would wipe them away before she woke. She knows me, and she knows me well, so whenever I did get overwhelmingly tired, she'd force me to sleep or rest for the day; despite my opposition, of course. But she'd be right every time.

So badly did I just want us to get to a point where we were okay, she and I. Physically and emotionally, we were both tired. But I ignored how I was feeling because it didn't measure up to the state Lauren was in. So I kept it all in, until that session.

"Wow," Diana muttered, with disbelief written on her face, once I finished sharing. "The Maldives during Christmas... Is the water really as clear as they say?"

I gave her a look, and she chuckled. "Girl, you could see every sea creature and sand particle in that water-" we shared a laugh. "And me, I'm a homebody kind of girl, but we were hardly even in the house. It was too beautiful to not be outside."

"Aww, that's the cuteesst! And how did the proposal make you feel?"

"Like the only girl in the world," I flashed a shy smile with the tilt of my head, and Diana awed at me. "Ugh, D, that entire trip felt like a dream that I never wanted to wake up from. It was amazing from beginning to end, I'm telling you."

"It sounds like it, especially with this giddy smile you're wearing right now-" I covered my face, unable to contain the bashful laughter that escaped my lips. "Let me see your ring," she reached for my hand, then her eyes widened. "Damn..."

"That's what I said. And everyone else," I chuckled.

"Girll- how much was thiss??"

"Lauren won't tell me. She says it's for her to know and for me to never find out."

Diana chuckled. "Well how much was the one you gave her?"

With my brow arched, I gave her a knowing look. "Too much to ever disclose to anyone darling-" we laughed. "That damn thing cost an arm and a leg- I 'bout passed out at the store when I bought it."

"Okay, now I definitely have to see hers."

"Well if you wanna meet her, she's coming back in about thirty to forty-five minutes to pick me back up since she's driving the car today."

"Oh so I fiiinally get to meet the infamous Lauren-" I threw my head back with a small laugh. "I thought I'd never see the day- wait, I'm invited to the wedding, right??"

"Well I was never sure if you wanted to be, until now. But yes, of course you're invited, invitations are being sent through the mail."

She raised a brow at me. "You have my address??"

"I do, and don't ask how, just know I have my ways." We laughed again.

And the two of us talked for a good amount of time until Lauren texted me that she was coming up the elevators. I'd notified Diana and she stood with me as I started to gather my things.

We hugged one last time, then shared a fond look before letting each other go. I was glad to have seen her again after a while. She's become such a close friend of mine, besides being my therapist, and I'd missed our conversations.

A few minutes later, the office door opened, and in walked my gorgeous fiance. I smiled as soon as we locked eyes, then my gaze trailed down to her feet before looking up again. I mean we live together so I'd known what she was wearing already, but it was something about seeing her again now as she'd walked through the door.

She was dressed in an oversized football jersey that she'd slightly tucked at the hip to reveal a denim mini skirt, and a pair of Jordans were on her feet to match. Her curly hair was slicked into a voluminous ponytail, and a pair of black sunglasses sat atop her head.

Taking a second to let my head fall and remember that Diana was still in the room, I cleared my throat a little before introducing the two. My hand stuck out for Lauren's as she came further into the room, glancing between Diana and I.

"Lauren, I'd like you to meet Diana, my therapist." I turned to her as Lauren went to shake her hand. "Diana, this is my fiance Lauren."

Wearing pleasant smiles, the two exchanged the usual 'nice to meet you' before Diana immediately asked to see Lauren's ring.

"Jesus, it's gorgeous," she muttered with the shake of her head.

"Thank you," Lauren chuckled timidly. "How long have you two known each other?"

"Almost four years now- wow, I can't believe it's really been that long-"

"Me either," I said. "It doesn't feel that long, really."

We'd sort of formed a triangle as the three of us stood near Diana's desk to talk a little. As she spoke, I subtly pulled our joined hands to my side, prompting Lauren to instinctively step closer to me.

"And how'd you guys meet?" my fiance asked.

D and I looked between each other with awkward smiles, trying to figure out which of us should answer. She then gave me a nod that let me know it should probably be me.

"We matched on a dating app, but D was on there for friends only, since she and her now husband were locked in. And Hunter had set up a profile for me since she thought I'd be a single old hag with fifty cats if she didn't." Lauren chuckled to herself while shaking her head at that being something Hunter would do. "So we went, only for Diana here to call me out and she gave me her card at the end, then told me to give her a call," I finished in laughter, along with Diana and Lauren. "It's so embarrassing now that I'm thinking back on it."

"I was completely amused by it," she said. "Plus I needed more clients anyway at the time, so it was a win-win."

"Well I'm glad you two met," Lauren said. "I've heard plenty of good things about you Dr. Young, and I hope to see you at the wedding." She reached to hug her and Diana gladly accepted it, which made me smile.

"Of course I'll be there! I'm so happy for the two of youu," she said as the three of us walked toward the door. "You kids take care now, and congratulationss!"

"Thank you!!" Lauren and I called behind us while arriving closer to the elevators.

~ Two Months Later ~

Lauren's POV:

Minutes had gone by as a minor staredown occurred between my reflection and I.

This was it. Today's the day...

In thirty minute's time, I'm to be stepping out of a limo, and onto the red carpet. And from there, begins probably one of, if not, the biggest nights of my career. At first I was nominated for one grammy, but now, it's two. All thanks to the song I'd done with Chloe and Halle at the beginning of this year. It was added to the 'song of the year' category at the last minute, and when I received the news about that, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And Sade was ecstatic for all three of us also, for she'd known Chloe and Halle personally as well. That nomination, along with 'album of the year,' had me on another level of nervousness as I sat in this chair, silently contemplating my entire career up to this moment.

I had no idea how I got here, but I couldn't do anything but thank God that I was here anyway.

In just under two months, I'm getting married to the love of my life. A week from today, I'm releasing my second album, and my first has been nominated for a Grammy. The fact that I'm going to the Grammys at all, let alone being nominated for two, has me in utter disbelief. Just a year ago, I'd almost died, and wished that I hadn't survived the accident that I was in. And just eight years ago, a day like today was only in my wildest of dreams...

"Baby..." Sade called, drawing me from the hole of endless thoughts I'd fallen into. A hand touched my shoulder from behind, giving it a tender rub so that I'd meet her eyes through the reflection. "You okay?"

Shooting her a soft grin with the tilt of my head, I nodded slightly. Then my eyes subtly gave her a once over, marveling over the stunning midnight blue gown that she wore.

It was a satin material, and sparkled ever so slightly with its cinched waist and droop near the breast. And to top that off, there was a small train on the dress, accompanying its backless feature that had lines of pearls connecting either side as they sat on her lower bare back. And not only was her dress gorgeous, but so was her makeup and hair. For the first time in years, she'd worn a lace again, now in an updo, and its faint shade of copper mixed with ginger went extremely well with her gown. I honestly found it hard to look away from her.

"You look...breathtaking, my love," she whispered to me.

Surely blushing, my lips curved into a smile as my head dropped slightly.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," I whispered back.

She then mouthed 'I love you' to me and I mouthed it back while taking the hand on my shoulder to hold tight. And her eyebrows knit once I did.

"Don't be nervous Honeybee..."

I chuckled,

"What gave me away?" I joked, to which she replied with a knowing look through the mirror that said, 'I know you.' My nervous smile turned into the soft biting of my lip. "That obvious?"

"Baby, your hand is literally shaking-" we shared a laugh as she urged me to stand. Her hands then went to pull me closer by the hips as her eyes intently met mine. "Tonight's gonna be fine, alright?" she cupped my face between her hands. "Win or lose, you're amazing, and I'm proud of you. And you should be proud of yourself as well, just for being where you are today. It wasn't easy, and you deserve every bit of recognition, alright?"

My fiance's thumbs lovingly swiped just barely across my cheeks, for the sake of my makeup, as she awaited a response. Drawing a subtle deep breath, I then nodded as my eyes closed,

"Okay... You're right...you're right..."

Just as I'd exhaled a another nervous breath, there was a knock at the hotel door, meaning it was time to go.

"Coming!" Sade yelled toward the door at a moderate volume. Then, her hands slid down my arms to grab hold of mine, now pulling them up between us as her thumbs soothingly rubbed my knuckles. Her eyes searched mine until the anxious look behind them softened. And once it did, she brought both my hands to her lips, and didn't break our eye contact as each of my hands received a kiss. "You've got this Honeybee. Okay?"

'Okay," I whispered, this time believing it.

~~~~~~~~~

It was Sade's second time walking the red carpet instead of just going straight inside, and it was our second time walking one as a couple. The first was the Oscars, which felt amazing from the beginning of the night until the end. Simply having her by my side made these things a million times more enjoyable. I didn't think it possible to smile and laugh so genuinely while doing it, but leave it to Sade to have that effect.

Tonight was no different either.

On the limo ride here, she'd held my hand and we talked about a trip to Switzerland that she wanted the two of us to go on for this upcoming Christmas, just to take my mind off of my nerves. And it worked, of course, leaving Switzerland during Christmas, with my soon to be wife, to be at the forefront of my mind once we stepped onto the red carpet.

The usual took place; the shouts and screams to get the perfect picture. Then there were two interviews. The first went smoothly, and she was even a big fan of Sade's work, so she'd told us, leading the  interview to become more about Sade than me, which I was completely amused by. And as of now,  we were now onto the second.

"Oh my God! You two look gorgeous!!" The celebrity interviewer, Adrienne Bailon, greeted the two of us as we walked up to her, hand in hand, with giggling smiles. "And I just know you designed this," she said to Sade, who sheepishly nodded with a laugh in response. "And congratulations to youu," she turned to me. "How does it feel, having not one but two Grammy nominations tonight??"

I smiled bashfully while my hand gave Sade's a slight squeeze,

"It feels amazing and unreal, if I'm being honest. I really only have God to thank," I then glanced to my right as my shoulder nudged my fiance's. "And this one here."

"Me??" she laid a hand to her chest, gaining a laugh from Adrienne and myself. "I didn't do anything."

"Yes you, and that's far from the truth. She's gonna be all humble and tell you that it's not that big a deal," I joked with Adrienne as Sade looked on with an amused expression. "But let me tell you, I don't think I'd be where I am today hadn't it been for her."

"Aww," Adrienne's lips pouted as Sade timidly shook her head with a giggle, though I was hardly kidding. "And how soon's the wedding again? Also congratulations by the wayyy!"

"Thank youu!" we smiled back. "And it's in less than two months," Sade answered.

"You guys excited?" she playfully wiggled her eyebrows while asking, and it made us giggle.

"Well in my head we're already married, so it's just a matter of making it to the big day," I said, and Sade snickered,

"She keeps saying we should just elope and have the wedding for family and friends."

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me-"

"See!- Thank you Adriennee! Sade's so old fashioned," I playfully rolled my eyes as my fiance went to defend herself,

"She's just mad 'cause she's impatient as hell-"

"Only because I can't wait to be married to you," I said sweetly while gazing at her with soft eyes. And as Adrienne awed again, Sade slowly shook her head at me, her lips now timidly curling inward.

"Now how can you say no to that Sade!" she exclaimed, and I chuckled as Sade sighed while playfully rolling her eyes. "That was smooth Luna, I can't even lie," Adrienne chuckled.

"Why thank you, thank you," I did a playful bow as it became time to move inside the building.

"Well Miss Luna Re, congratulations on your nominations and I wish you the best of luck," Adrienne said to me, to which I replied with a gracious nod before she looked between Sade and I. "And good luck to you both, I'm so happy for you."

"Thank youu!" Sade hugged her, then I followed before the two of us walked further down the carpet to where the entrance was.

By the time we'd made it inside, so many people were either mingling in the lobby, grabbing a drink before heading inside, or already being seated.

"Good lord, I don't know if I'll ever get used to this," Sade muttered under her breath, squeezing of my hand.

"Me either," I whispered as we walked further inside.

Troy, James, Francis, and Fallon lead in front of us, and Troy soon broke off to go secure our seats. Just as he'd come to take us there, a familiar voice called Sade's name.

"Sade!!" We both turned to find the voice and my fiancé pleasantly gasped at the sight of Melissa as she made her way over. "Girl is that you?? Lookin' like somebody done painted you, girlll-" Sade giggled into their embrace.

"Thank you Liz, you look absolutely gorgeous yourself."

"And you too!" She hugged me next. "It's a crime to look this beautiful you know- and why in the hell am I just finding out that y'all are together?!" she playfully exclaimed once pulling away. "Sade had every opportunity to say 'Oh, by the way, I'm dating Luna Re- like damn, I thought we was like this," she held up crossed fingers as the two of us chuckled. Sade mouthed a smiling 'Sorry' to her as I started to speak,

"Well this may be a good time to tell you, we're also engaged."

"Whatt??!"

"And the wedding's in October," Sade slipped in, making Melissa's eyes and mouth widen even more, and I couldn't help but cackle.

"Ain't nobody told me nothingg!" We giggled again. "Well shit, congratulations!! Where y'all sitting though?"

"Thankss, and fifth row towards the left, what about you?"

"Girl same, it's just me and my bestie tonight- Y'all wanna sit together?"

"Of course!" Sade answered, but then turned to me to whisper a little in my ear. "I'm sorry, is that okay? With you and your team??"

I grinned while pulling back to look into her eyes, then nodded. She smiled as well before drawing the back of my hand to her lips as we walked inside. And of course, it made me blush, like always.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies and Gentlemannnn, tonight's the big night and I hope you all enjoyed the red carpet and greetingsss." The audience of thousands cheered with claps and whistles as the camera showcased different celebrities all around on the big screens. "And now's the time for our award ceremony. Buttt, we can't possibly let the evening go on without a little entertainment of courseee!" The host, Trevor Noah, said just before introducing the first performance of the night.

First was Tyla, then Steve Lacy. H.E.R and Ari Lennox performed a duet, and last was a new group of mixed gender. Though they appeared to be young and new to the industry, the audience seemed to have really enjoyed their performance, as did Sade and I.

"Their guitarist is the cutest thing I've ever seen," I leaned over to Sade as we clapped for them.

"Yess, and the drummer too. And I'm in lovee with their outfits."

"The lead singer makes them, you know." Sade snapped her neck to me as the host began announcing the next category.

"Really??" I chuckled and nodded. "Whattt, I need to meet them, that's insane- they look so gooodd!" I laughed harder at her excitement, then brought her hand to my lips once they interlaced again.

Just then, the place began cheering for Muni Long as she walked onto the stage, looking amazing undoubtedly. As it quieted, she announced the first category, 'Song of the Year.' And the second she did, I could feel my stomach cramp into knots as my hand squeezed Sade's, prompting her to look at me.

For a minute, she didn't say anything, and I could only feel her caring gaze burning a hole through me while her thumb swiped across the back of my hand. It was when I started to draw tender breaths, that I felt a squeeze at my hand, causing me to meet eyes with her. And with those eyes, she told me not to worry, then gave a reassuring grin as she subtly took in my features.

Deciding to take her advice, I pushed the anxiety away and held my fiance's hand tight, just as the nominations list came to an end.

'Win or lose, you're amazing and I'm proud of you...'

I'd remembered those words Sade had said to me earlier. And she had no clue, but my mother said almost the exact same thing to me in our last conversation.

She, along with Sade and my father, really believed in me when it came to singing. And before I'd even met Sade, we talked over the phone one day before she died months later, and she said, "I just know I'm gonna see you up on stage one day." Of course I just shook my head and waved her off, because at the time, I never thought that'd be me. That's when she followed with, "okay well whatever you decide and whatever happens, know that you're amazing and I love you sweetheart." Remembering that moment, I bowed my head as the room fell even more silent.

...I love you too mom..

"And the Grammy goes to..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Announcement is coming next so stay tuneddd!

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 21.5K 34
𝑖 𝑏𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝑖 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑...
100K 2.7K 42
My best friend or my old sneak link? School or money? Peace or revenge? Love or Hate?
33K 949 35
in which two unstable teen girls fall in love and things don't end will.
12.8K 738 22
"If i was your best friend.."