Hear No Secrets

By ShellMarie35

Gymnast Chloe Lang felt her world crumbling down the day she got injured at the olympics. The doctors told he... More

Hear No Secrets
Hear No Secrets: Prologue
Hear No Secrets Chapter 1
Hear No Secrets Chapter 2
Hear No Secrets Chapter 3
Hear No Secrets Chapter 4
Hear No Secrets Chapter 5
Hear No Secrets Chapter 6
Hear No Secrets Chapter 7
Hear No Secrets Chapter 8
Hear No Secrets Chapter 9
Hear No Secrets Chapter 10
Hear No Secrets Chapter 11
Hear No Secrets Chapter 12
Hear No Secrets Chapter 13
Hear No Secrets Chapter 14
Hear No Secrets Chapter 15
Hear No Secrets Chapter 16
Hear No Secrets Chapter 17
Hear No Secrets Chapter 18
Hear No Secrets Chapter 19
Hear No Secrets Chapter 20
Hear No Secrets Chapter 21
Hear No Secrets Chapter 22
Hear No Secrets Chapter 23
Hear No Secrets Chapter 24
Hear No Secrets Chapter 25
Hear No Secrets Chapter 26
Hear No Secrets Chapter 27
Hear No Secrets Chapter 28
Hear No Secrets Chapter 29
Hear No Secrets Chapter 30
Hear No Secrets Chapter 31
Hear No Secrets Chapter 32
Hear No Secrets Chapter 33
Hear No Secrets Chapter 35
Hear No Secrets Chapter 36
Hear No Secrets Chapter 37
Hear No Secrets Chapter 38
Hear No Secrets Chapter 39
Hear No Secrets Chapter 40
Hear No Secrets Chapter 41
Hear No Secrets Chapter 42
Hear No Secrets Chapter 43
Hear No Secrets Chapter 44
Hear No Secrets Chapter 45
Hear No Secrets Chapter 46
Hear No Secrets Chapter 47
Hear No Secrets Chapter 48
Hear No Secrets Chapter 49
Hear No Secrets Chapter 50
Hear No Secrets Epilogue

Hear No Secrets Chapter 34

311 13 0
By ShellMarie35

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: so this story did not get any votes on the last chapter, but I decided to update anyway. I really love this story so I at least hope people are still reading it. Remember to vote if you are reading it, otherwise I am going to assume no one's reading it and no one likes it. If that happens then I will probably just stop updating the story.

Anyway, please please vote!

and enjoy! :) 

Chapter 34

            Nicole’s words kept playing over and over again in my head. I remember Coach’s speeches so clearly when we were younger. We had to be homeschooled so we could train during the day, but were expected to get near perfect grades if we wanted to continue training. As we got older and started maturing, he started creating even more rules for us to obey. I thought the rules were so stupid because we were too busy to do anything else besides gymnastics anyway. Now it doesn’t seem so stupid.

            Grant’s been trying to make me feel better for weeks, but nothing helped. He came over every day to work and stayed to watch me practice and spend time with me after. As much as he tried to get me to feel better, I never even felt like talking. Part of me believed Nicole was right and I can’t have it both ways, but the other part of me said I could because I already have. I couldn’t handle it if I really did have to choose between my two worlds. Everything was perfect while I was living in both. I could go hang out with my friends and I could practice at home and Grant could take me out on dates on the weekends. I found friends who didn’t talk about gymnastics all the time and it was a relief to have something else in my life other than gymnastics.

            I think Nicole started noticing my attitude. She hasn’t talked to me since we argued in the gym. Grace and Emily don’t even talk to her that much anymore. Two weeks after the fight, Grant finally got tired of us not talking.

“Chloe snap out of it! Tell me what’s wrong?!”

We were sitting out in the back yard on the porch when he started yelling.

My eyes started watering as I looked at him.

“What if Nicole’s right?” I struggled out.

He tightened his arm around me, “She’s not.”

“But what if she is?” I asked him. “What if I have to choose? Nicole’s right because I could never do it. I can’t choose between you and gymnastics.”

“I wouldn’t let you give up your dream for me.”

“But I wouldn’t let you walk away either because I wouldn’t be able to get a gold medal without you.”

“Yes you could,” he said.

“No I couldn’t,” I argued, “because I’d be too heartbroken to compete. That’s the thing Nicole doesn’t get. Even if I have to choose, no way would lead me to that gold medal. I’m too in love with you to let go.”

“Oh Chlo,” he pulled me on his lap and kissed my head. “Nicole’s wrong. You’re never going to choose between me and gymnastics. I’ll be here the whole time. If we have to have dates in the gym to keep our relationship going then I will.”

I let out a soft laugh and he continued.

“No one else understands our relationship and they never could because it’s ours. We’re the only ones who know everything that’s happened between us. You understand me and I understand you. We’re both two messed up teenagers who have had a pretty unique life. You’ve made it this far and I know you’re going to make it all the way. I’m going to be standing in the audience watching you get that gold medal at the Olympics.”

“I keep replaying what Nicole said in my head and replaying the old speeches our coaches used to give us. I thought they were so stupid because I didn’t have time to have a real life, but they were right. Having a real life can be so distracting, but I don’t think they realized how rewarding it can be.”

He wrapped his arms around my waist while I continued sitting on his lap and hugged me.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Having a real life that didn’t revolve around gymnastics made me realize that there’s a lot of other things to live for. Having real friends and having a boyfriend that know nothing about gymnastics is what gave me confidence back in myself. I was so depressed when I gave up gymnastics because my entire life revolved around it. I didn’t know anything else and I didn’t have anything to live for. You, Mia, and Lana showed me that there are a lot of other reasons to live. You guys made me realize that I have so many other choices out there. You inspire me. When I’m out there on the floor performing for the crowd and for the judges, I think about everyone who cares about me and it helps me get through the performance.”

“I’m so proud of you,” he whispered in my ear.

I looked at him, “Do you really think she was wrong?”

He nodded, “She doesn’t understand who we are and she doesn’t understand us as a couple so who is she to judge whether you can handle it or not?”

I smiled, “You’re right. I’m sorry about the way I’ve been acting.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not. I’ve been horrible.”

He kissed my cheek, “But you’re better now.”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I am.”

“Good.”

“Grant?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?” he asked.

“Just being here. I don’t think I say that enough.”

“I should be thanking you,” he said. “You saved me.”

“You saved me back.”

He smiled, “Then we’re even.”

“Okay,” I let out a small chuckle, “I guess that works too.”

“Come here.”

            I turned my head and he kissed me hard. My arms wrapped around his neck and my hands tangled in his hair. It quickly turned into a make out session that I didn’t want to end. We were interrupted by someone way too soon when they stepped out onto the back porch. Grant and I pulled away and blushed and wiped my lips.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt,” Nicole said.

“Oh… uh… that’s okay,” I quickly said, trying to recover from the embarrassment.

“I have to go call Darren,” Grant said, “I’ll let you two talk.”

I slipped off his lap and he kissed me quickly before leaving back into the house. Nicole sat next to me on the porch.

“You might want to watch that,” Nicole said. “Peter will have a heart attack if he sees you two like that. He’ll never let him stay here again.”

I blushed.

“You wanted it to go further didn’t you?” Nicole asked.

“Maybe,” I admitted.

“So you think you’re ready?” she asked.

I blushed again, “Too late for that.”

“What?! When?!”

“A few weeks ago,” I admitted.

“Wow.”

“Just don’t tell anyone.”

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Does this mean we’re talking again?” I asked her.

“I came out here to apologize,” she said. “I know I’ve been a jerk. Everything I’ve been saying is wrong. I even talked to your mom and Peter about it and they agreed with you.”

“Wait,” I stopped her, “They agreed with me?”

She nodded, “They made me realize I have no idea what your relationship is about. I have no idea how you met him or who he is as a person or how you two even act when you’re together. I don’t know what you’ve been through together or your feelings for each other and I had no right to say what I did to you. I’m sorry. I’ve tried talking to Grace, Emily, Peter, and your mom. They all agreed with you and Grant.  That’s when I realized that maybe they took more time to get to know you two than I did.”

“They did,” I told her. “Grace and Emily all talked to Grant while he was here and tried to get to know him. They’re all friends now. You never did that. He was just this guy that was always here to you.”

“I know and I’m sorry.”

“You heard part of our conversation didn’t you?” I asked.

She nodded, “And he was right. I wasn’t trying to make you depressed.”

“I just couldn’t stop thinking about what you said. A lot of people have had to choose and it made me think if I will have to in the future.”

“You were right too,” she said. “You can’t compete at worlds or get a spot on the Olympic team if you’re heartbroken because we made you choose between gymnastics and Grant.”

“I know,” I told her. “I realize that now. It took me a while to realize it, but I did.”

“So can we be friends again?” she asked.

I nodded, “Friends.”

Grant came back out to the back porch.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“You have guests,” he said.

“What?”

I looked towards the door and Mia and Lana came running out. I screeched and we ran towards each other. I collapsed them both in a hug and they started screaming too.

“Wow,” Grant said, “I need a second to get over that.”

I giggled and pulled away from Mia and Lana.

“Sorry,” I kissed his cheek.

“Hey,” Mia said to him, “Miss me?”

“Not particularly.”

“Fine,” she said, “Play hard to get. That’s fine with me, but you know we’re friends.”

“I know nothing.”

“I heard you can hear now,” she said to him, “Does that mean you’ll be going to concerts with me?”

I laughed as Grant rolled his eyes and went to sit down on the bench.

“I missed you guys,” I hugged them again.

“We missed you too,” Lana said. “That’s why we’re here!”

“I say we go in the gym and watch me make a fool of myself,” Mia said.

I laughed, “It’s been a while since we did that.”

“I agree,” Lana said, “Let’s do it.”

“Can I come?”

I turned around and Nicole was still on the porch. Guilt washed over me as I realized I forgot she was there.

“Sure,” I smiled, “We can all go.”

“Except me,” Grant said, “I have a few things to do.”

“Are you sure?” I asked him.

He nodded, “But I’ll say goodbye before I leave.”

“Okay,” I smiled and kissed him quickly.

“Have fun.”

“I will.”

I walked with the girls to the gym and Mia ran over the beam. She pulled herself up and sat down on it. Lana, Nicole, and I sat on the floor next to her.

“This,” Mia stood up and started walking across the beam, “Is what I call the famous walking M trick!”

Lana and I both laughed, but Nicole seemed confused. I don’t think she’s used to having them around yet.

“And this!” Mia continued, “Is what I call my perfect Mia dismount!”

She jumped off the beam and landed on her feet on the ground.

Lana and I stood up and started clapping.

“Brilliant!” I told her. “That’s your best routine yet.”

“Well I try,” she smiled.

“You guys came on the perfect day,” I told them. “It’s been a rough couple days.”

“Aw,” Lana said and hugged me, “Well we’re here now.”

“We’ve come to the rescue,” Mia said.

“You two remember Nicole right?” I said pointing at Nicole.

Nicole stood up and smiled at them.

“Yeah,” Mia said, “You’re Chloe’s gymnastics friend right?”

Nicole nodded.

“I saw you on TV,” Lana said, “You were great.”

“Thanks,” Nicole replied.

“I have an idea!” Mia said. “It’s my best one yet!”

“Oh boy,” I laughed.

“Here we go,” Lana laughed with me.

“What?” Nicole said, looking confused.

“You already practiced right?” Mia asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, why?”

“I think it’s time for a break,” she said, “So why don’t we go get coffee and go to our favorite store because I just got my paycheck today.”

“I definitely need a new outfit,” I told her, “I don’t remember the last time I got to go shopping.”

“Then it’s a deal!” Mia said.

“You’re coming too right?” I asked Nicole.

“I don’t really have the money,” she said.

“Don’t worry about it,” I told her, “I got it.”

“Are you sure?”

I smiled, “Definitely. Come on.”

“Okay,” Nicole smiled, “Thanks.”

THE END CHAPTER 24!!!!

feedback?

vote comment and follow/fan!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163 18 16
The story about a teenager who looses someone very close to him, struggling with the events that happened that night and things in his past. Struggli...
9.7K 302 46
Teenage girl falls in love but it leads down the wrong path. Her life was changed drastically. (COMPLETED !!)
2.9M 66.3K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
Become By Naomi

Teen Fiction

1.9K 166 42
Leigh Marshall is really bad at life. She's a swimmer with four younger siblings, crazy friends, and an inability to keep her mouth shut most of...