"Unraveled Destinies"

By Atelophobicwrites

"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be... More

Author's Note
Characters Asthetics ✨️
Prologue
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter - 14
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
❤️❤️
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Happy Holi - from Kabira ❤️
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Other half of Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
chapter 51

chapter 15

19.2K 1K 59
By Atelophobicwrites

Two weeks had passed since their marriage, yet they barely spoke or interacted with each other. It wouldn't be wrong to say that she hadn't even laid eyes on him since their wedding day.

Why? Because he would leave before she woke up and return after she fell asleep, or he would be out working. And she would be exhausted by the time he came back, having done all the household chores from morning till night, like a maid. Her so-called loving mother-in-law had even fired the maid, claiming that she handled everything so well that they didn't need one.

She worked tirelessly throughout the day, feeling more like a maid herself, collapsing on the couch as soon as she lay down. During this time, the only people who comforted and spoke to her were Kiaan, her brother-in-law, who was more like a little brother to her, and her grandmother-in-law, who would feed her during the afternoon, knowing well that she had been avoiding food since the day she got married.

It was evening, and she was humming while preparing tea for dadi with a bright smile as she cherishing their time together during their evening tea and chit chats. Her mood was uplifted when Kiaan asked her to join him for a movie in his room, seeing her upset from his mother's taunts.

she was carrying tea to dadi's room Suddenly, she caught sight of someone emerging from dadi's room - her own husband, whom she hadn't laid eyes on since their wedding day. Doubt consumed her as she blinked, trying to confirm what she was seeing. To her disbelief, it was indeed him. He paused near her for a few seconds, shooting her a piercing glare before silently retreating to his room.

And in that moment, her smile fades away .It's not that she isn't aware of her husband's rude behavior , it's just that she can't bear to face him anymore, especially at that particular moment. She's still haunted by the side of him she witnessed on their wedding night. Pushing aside her swirling thoughts, she gathers her strength and makes her way to Dadi's room, carefully carrying a steaming cup of tea.

As she enters the room, her eyes meet Dadi's, filled with a mixture of weariness and determination. With a gentle smile, she extends the cup, silently conveying her love and care for her grandmother - in - law . After chatting for some time she went to make dinner but one thougjt constantly bothering her that what did dadi say to her husband that he was glaring her so angrily .

"As if he usually don't" her inner self mocked and she focused on preparing dinner for everyone shrugging away her thoughts.

------

"Aadhira, come here and have dinner with us. I want to talk to you," Dadi said to Aadhira, who was busy serving food to everyone.

"Nahi nahi, dadi. Aap log khaiye, mai baad me kha lungi," she replied, trying to refuse. (No grandmother you guys eat now , I will eat later on)

"Mujhe na sunna psnd nahi hai. Ek baar bola na baitho to baitho," Dadi ordered her. (I don't like to listen no , If I said something once that you must listen to that)

And she nodded in response, reluctantly taking a seat.

"So, Aadhira, I've already informed Kabir about everything. I wanted to tell you that you guys are going to visit our kuldevi mandir and have darshan. It's our ritual that every new couple in the family goes there to seek blessings," Dadi explained to Aadhira.

Listening to Dadi's words, she mentally facepalmed herself, realizing that now she had to tolerate the presence of the person she couldn't even stand for a few hours, for the entire day.

"Umm, Dadi, I was thinking, why don't you accompany us?" she insisted, desperately trying to avoid her husband's company.

"I would love to, but my health condition doesn't allow me to. Plus, you both need to spend some time together because, as much as you guys deny it, you are husband and wife - life partners," Dadi replied, emphasizing the importance of their bond.

"Umm... Okay, Dadi," she replied, fidgeting with her fingers, unable to come up with any other excuse.

----

Finishing up her remaining tasks, she made her way to the room, hoping not to find her husband awake. Deep down, she wanted to avoid him just as much as he wanted to avoid her. It wasn't because of anger or outbursts, but rather because she had convinced herself that she didn't deserve to be loved. Despite this, she always fulfilled her duties as a wife when it came to her responsibilities. However, she was too scared to fully invest in the relationship, fearing the pain of attachment once again.

After a whirlwind of emotions, she mustered up the courage to step into the room, her mind filled with a chaotic mix of anticipation and apprehension. But to her surprise, as she turned the doorknob, she collided with something, or rather someone, causing her to stumble and land on the ground. In that split second, she instinctively shut her eyes, bracing herself for impact.

But when she opened her eyes, she found herself suspended in mid-air, supported by a strong hand firmly placed at her waist. Their gaze locked, and in that moment, it felt as if the world around them ceased to exist. Time stood still as they exchanged a silent conversation through their eyes. And then, as if breaking a spell, she blinked her eyes and then he made her stand on her own feet gently.

"Can't you just walk properly?" he grumbled, a frown marring his face.

"Huh, me?" she retorted, her brows furrowing as she pointed a finger at herself.

"No, me," he replied sarcastically, his annoyance evident in his tone.

"But it was you who suddenly appeared in front of me," she defended herself, her courage surprising even her.

"Yeah, as if I have some kind of universe radar," he replied, his irritation palpable.

"Um, okay, sorry," she said, when suddenly something clicked to her mind and a pout forming on her lips, realizing how silly their argument was becoming.

"Better! Now, don't get in my way. I don't like that. And be clear, I want you ready at 7:00 AM sharp tomorrow. We're leaving then, and I don't want to be late because of someone else," he commanded, his tone more authoritative.

"Okay," she replied, practically running away from his presence and heading straight to the closet.

She swiftly changed her outfit and settled into bed, but not before checking her phone and listening to a song, trying to calm her racing thoughts.

---

It's 12:30 AM, and she's fast asleep, while he's wide awake, lost in his own realm of deep thoughts. He wonders if she's the same girl who used to argue with him over every little thing, unable to tolerate him or his tantrums for even a second. And now, she tolerates everything with a quiet grace. Is she truly this innocent, or is it all just an act? But how can someone pretend so flawlessly? The questions swirl in his mind, leaving him perplexed and intrigued at the same time.

He ponders over what Dadi said to him, urging him to give this marriage a chance and, before that, to give her a chance first. According to Dadi, she's a wonderful person. Was Dadi actually right when she asked him to reconsider his decision to believe Mom's claim that Aadhira agreed to marry him only for his money? He doesn't know.

He really doesn't know what's right and what's wrong. But he doesn't want to fall into anyone's trap. Deep down, his heart tells him that she can't be that cheap. And whenever he looks into her eyes, it feels completely different. Lost in his thoughts, he suddenly hears soft moans, a faint voice filled with dizziness. Tilting his head up, he tries to uncover the source of those sounds.

And there she is, his own wife, peacefully lost in a deep slumber. But even in her sleep, she lets out soft screams , as if her hand is in excruciating pain. Concerned, he approaches her, gently trying to wake her up. But instead of waking, she tightens her grip on her hand, sending shivers down his spine and filling him with unease. Unable to resist, he finds himself admiring her as she sleeps, eventually succumbing to exhaustion and dozing off on the couch beside her.

---

It is 5 :00 AM in the morning and she wakes up to the blaring sound of the alarm. Rubbing her eyes with the heels of her palm, she sits on the couch for a while, trying to shake off the sleepiness. Her eyes scan the room, taking in every detail. Meanwhile, her husband peacefully slumbers on the bed, oblivious to the fact that he had only fallen asleep on bed an hour ago when his sleep was abruptly interrupted and he got up from the floor making his way to bed .

-----

Kabir is waiting anxiously for Aadhira to come downstairs, while receiving instructions from dadi about the journey and Kiaan's demands.

"Kabir beta dhyan se jana , aur apna aur Aadhira dono ka dhyan rkhna" (Kabir beta, be careful and take care of yourself and Aadhira), dadi advises him.
dadi said to him

"Ji dadi" (Yes, dadi) he replies, offering her an assuring smile.

"Ha aur use tang mt krna blkl" (And don't trouble her at all ) dadi comments again.

"Ji dadi (Yes, dadi) he responds again.

"Aur uspar chillana bhi nhi"(And don't raise your voice at her either) dadi adds.

"Alright, dadi," he replies, his irritation starting to show.

"Aur meri baato ko dhyan rkhna" (And pay attention to what I'm saying) she says once more, further aggravating him.

"Ji dadiiiiiiii , mai koi bccha thodi hu"(Ji dadiiiiiiii, I'm not a child!) he replies, his annoyance evident as he reaches his limit.

"Tu h , aur mere liye hmesha rhega , isiliye bata rhi hu" (You are, and you will always be, for me. That's why I'm telling you) dadi responds, still smiling.

"Thk h dadi , lekin agr ab aapki bahu neeche nhi aayi to mai jrur bhool jaunga sab"(Fine, dadi, but if your daughter-in-law doesn't come downstairs now, I'll definitely forget everything) , he says annoyingly.

"Ayeee beti hai vo meri smjha, aur vo dekh aa gyi" (She's my dear daughter, you see, and look, there she is,) dadi replies to him pointing towards the stairs .

And then, he lifts his gaze upstairs, freezing in that very moment. She's coming downstairs, dressed in a stunning red saree, accentuated by gold jewelry-earrings, bangles, and a beautiful necklace. Her hair is elegantly styled in an updo, adorned with fresh flowers, radiating grace and confidence in her every step.

He feels as if a goddess herself has descended upon the earth. His mouth hangs open, unable to contain his awe, as he swallows the lump forming in his throat.

"Close your mouth, buddy, a mosquito might fly in," he hears his little brother Kiaan's voice, bringing him back from his trance. His ears turn red in embarrassment.

"Oyee, why are you teasing my little one?" dadi scolds Kiaan, pretending to glare at him.

As Aadhira bends down to seek dadi's blessings, they make their way towards the car.

"Bye, bro! Bye, bhabhi!" Kiaan says, giving Aadhira a side hug and asking her to bring his favorite sweets from there. Aadhira nods with a grin. Meanwhile, Kabir, Kiaan's brother, can't help but continuously stare, struggling to accept the deepening bond between them.

Holding Aadhira's hand, Kabir starts moving forward, causing her to momentarily freeze. It's not the first time he's held her hand, yet it feels like the very first time-something new, something unfamiliar, something she's enjoying and never wants to let go of. He stops, playfully commenting in response to his mischievous brother's hooting.

"Arre bhai , itni bhi kya jldi h , aap hi ki biwi hai chill" kiaan commented playfully. (Oh brother, who are you so eager ? She is your wife only)

But those words made Kabir blush, even though he tried to hide it with a strong glare, telling Kiaan to eat him alive. On the other hand, innocent Aadhira couldn't hide her blush, turning her cheeks all red and making her whole body feel hot.

After driving for 2 hours silently, they finally reach the mandir. The mandir is absolutely stunning and majestic, with a hundred stairs to climb in order to reach the god.

Seeing this amazing sight, she jumps in excitement but quickly stills when she sees him coming towards her. And then her eyes land on the number of stairs she has to climb. Before she can say or ask anything, Kabir has already started climbing the stairs without even waiting for her. Her face falls at this, but then she quickly shrugs her thoughts, reminding herself that this is only what is supposed to happen. She quickly starts climbing the stairs to match his pace and reach him.

She is climbing them quickly when suddenly her foot half lands on one of the stairs, causing her to lose all her balance. The next thing she knows, she is about to hit the ground, and she instinctively closes her eyes.

After a few seconds when she still hasn't touched the floor, she opens her eyes to find Kabir standing there, holding her wrist to prevent her from rolling down the stairs and falling to the ground. He gently clasps her delicate wrist, his touch sending shivers down her spine.

With a firm yet tender pull, he draws her closer, their bodies colliding in a breathtaking moment. Their hearts race as they find themselves intimately intertwined, their souls dancing in harmony. And then he finally made her stand on her foot properly.

"You really don't know how to walk properly! What would have happened if I didn't turn around to see where you were?" Kabir shouts at her, concern evident in his eyes.

"You would have been lying on the ground with broken bones, and dadi would have given me an earful," he says all this in one breath, his tone cold.

"Sorry!" is all she manages to reply, keeping her head down, realizing her mistake and knowing there's no point in arguing or defending herself.

"What sorry?" he asks again.

"Then what else am I supposed to say?" she replies, this time looking up into his eyes and facing him.

Well, she was absolutely right. What else could she say? But it was him who wanted to hear something else, not those romantic talks! He wanted to see her argue with him, fight back, and come up with her own savage replies. He was really missing that side of her, he was actually missing her , his Aadhira.

And then he hears Aadhira saying, "It was you who walked ahead without waiting for me, so I tried to walk faster to match your pace because I don't know the way here." She replies with a hurt expression on her face.

And her response makes him realize his mistake, making him feel bad for causing her pain.

"Umm, okay," he replies. But then he takes her hand in his, intertwining their fingers, and holds her hand properly. He looks into her eyes before they start climbing the stairs again. A smile spreads across her face as she sees him holding her hand this way, and she gestures for him to start with a blink of her eyes.

They both climb the stairs one by one, maintaining a medium speed. More than half of the stairs are already behind them, but there are still 300 stairs left to climb. Aadhira is very tired. Firstly, because she hasn't eaten anything as she always tries to go to the temple on an empty stomach whenever possible. Secondly, the blazing sunlight makes it even more difficult for her to climb in her saree and heavy jewelry. On the other hand, Kabir is also tired, but not as much. He has the habit of going to the gym daily and he often plays sports whenever he gets the time.

They're walking when suddenly Aadhira feels a sudden dizziness, and a wave of darkness washes over her, causing her to lose control of her body. Her grip on Kabir's hands loosens, and she sways, feeling disoriented. Sensing her distress, Kabir immediately turns towards her, realizing something's wrong. He swiftly catches her, holding her by the waist.

He swiftly embraces her, settling on the stairs as he gently cradles her cheeks in his hands.

"What happened, Aadhira? Open your eyes," he pleads, his voice trembling with palpable tension. It feels as if time stands still, his breath caught in his chest, and his mind goes blank. With unwavering care, he continues to tenderly rub her hands, anxiously awaiting the moment when her eyes will flutter open. And finally, after what seems like an eternity, she slowly unveils her eyes, bringing an overwhelming sense of relief to his heart.

He gently helps her settle into a comfortable position and asks if she's okay. She nods, exhaustion evident in her eyes. However, she insists that he should start climbing to the temple, assuring him that she's fine. "Don't you even eat properly?" he asks, his tone a mix of anger and concern. "I do... but since we have to visit temple so I didn't . I'm sorry," she replies, feeling remorseful, and gestures for him to continue their journey to the temple.

"Really" he gave her that look and shook his head. Finally, he stands up without Saying anything to her . But before she can begin climbing, she feels a hand slide around her bare waist, and then her knees give way. The next thing she knows, she's lifted into the air.

"Please... please put me down," she pleads because of embarrassment seeing the few people present around them.

"Utaarne ke liye thodi uthaya hai !" He replies to her as she was wiggling in his arms making her suddenly stop in her actions. (I didn't scoop you in my arms just to put you down)

"B...bu...but still... put me down" she manages to reply stuttering because of the effect his words.

"Why , can't you see that you can't even walk properly? And moreover such a perfect diet you are having that keep falling , I am not going to put you down and that's final" he replies with a face completely devoid of emotions but sarcasm completely evident from it.

" I eat properly, and I'm sure that's perfectly evident from my figure. Please put me down. I know I am heavy," she replies with guilt, thinking of the weight of her body.

Well, she isn't very heavy or fat, but since childhood, everyone used to call her names like "fatty" or "moti" because she was a little healthy. All these things made her doubt herself, resulting in reducing her diet to lose weight, exhausting herself with lots of workouts, risking her health, and always being insecure about her own looks and body.

"Shhhh!" he shushes her by placing his fingers on her lips, making her go all soft with his touch. "You talk a lot, and it's all nonsense," he replies with a playful smile.

"That's not nonsense, that's the truth, and I know it very well," she replies to him with a frown on her face and a pout.

"And who's the great personality to say this amazing truth?" he asks, raising an eyebrow with curiosity.

"Well... umm... people!" she replies after thinking for a moment.

"See, hence proved, it's all nonsense. And when it comes to your weight, listen, girl, you're as light as a feather in my strong arms. You don't even come close to matching my weight benchmarks. So, fit that in your small mind and stop listening to those idiots, understood?" he reassures her, his lips pressed in a tight smile, washing away all her worries.

"Hmm," she replies, nodding her head in agreement.

And finally, they reach the entrance of the temple, a grand structure with intricate carvings and a sense of tranquility in the air.

♡♡♡●♡♡♡

So hello everyone, how was the chapter guys?

Kaisa laga ? Ab maja aa rha hai?

Also I wanna thanks to all those lovely ppls who take out their precious time to read my story , vote on the chapters and especially comment to encourage us .

I am very grateful to each and every single person who are voting and encouraging me .

And do tell me your views please ❤️

All the suggestions and mistakes are highly appreciated here !

I also wanted to mention the name of you guys for adding my book to your TBR but the no. Was quite large for me to do that so forgive me please .

But I am really more than grateful to you all for your love and support. I am also thankful to all my silent readers as well :)

Let me know your opinions about the book and the chapter in the comment section or you can also dm on instagram @Atelophobicwrites , I would love to talk to you all :)

I hope you all are doing good and enjoying the story !

Keep supporting & keep loving.

Thanks
Your Author ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 1.9K 36
Aadhitya, a handsome guy at his early 30s leads a successful life as an extraordinary architect. He designs his life perfectly like his buildings. Dh...
27.2K 1.3K 21
Ridha Gupta, an innocent and a sweet girl who is facing lot of issues inspite of belonging to a good family. She is broken and all want is love and c...
398K 14.1K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...
51.4K 1.7K 21
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1 𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙊𝘽𝙎𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉 Ayaan Malhotra 25-years-old young man He is ruthless business man.he is rude,arrogant,bossy but at the same time...