Percy Jackson: Son of Chaos...

By KatelynnDavenport

Follow along as we see our favorite hero accused, broken, rescued and saved. He was forced to leave his home... More

The Beginning
The Palace
Heir & Commander
Meeting
Camp Half-blood
Family
A Feeling
Mission
The Enemy
Prophecy
Nightmares
It's Time
The Attack
The Son of Chaos
The Reveal
Olympus
Planning
Calm Before the Storm
Ambush
Waiting
Torture
Lost
Found
Dreams & Plans
Days Following
Preparations
The Battle
Tricks of Darkness
Life or Death
The Battles End
Drained
The End
Drawing
Epilogue
Author's Note
New!!
What If Series

Awake

633 10 8
By KatelynnDavenport

Different patterns of breathing and soft snoring were the first things Percy took note of as his mind awoke and began to clear.

He peaked his eyes open to find Annabeth's golden head resting on his shoulder. Luckily for him it was not the one shanked with a dagger. 

His body started aching but he could feel everything healed up and knew he didn't have to worry about much. 

His attention was drawn to Luke and Chaos, both had dark bags under their eyes due to the lack of sleep from the past few days. 

He smiled warmly at the sight of them leaning against each other on the sofa he knew Chaos brought from who knows where.

Percy knew he should wake them but didn't want to. Plus, he needed a moment to himself before they woke up and started fussing over him as they always did.

He hissed quietly as his body protested his movements but he didn't stop. He had become an expert in escaping Annabeth's grasp while she was sleeping over the years and he stood by the bed triumphantly when she didn't move a muscle and continued sleeping. 

He stole a glance at Chaos and Luke as he steadied himself. Neither seemed to hear him as well.

He then walked slowly to the bathroom. His legs shook from the strain. Once inside he closed the door without a sound.

Percy stood there a moment, preparing himself for what he might see. 

He faced the mirror.  

And just as he thought, the damage had been done.

Angry pink/red hued skin surrounded new scars now tracing his whole torso from what he could see. Most of his chest was still wrapped up and slightly stained with a hue of red. 

The place Tartarus had slashed his face was mostly gone but when he leaned forward he could see the scar he now held. 'Heh, now I almost match Luke.' He thought to himself.

He slowly started unwrapping the bandages to see how much healing was still needed. 

The two stab wounds he received were a little bruised still, the skin red and angry looking but fully closed with fresh scar tissue. They would bother him for a few days as the muscles healed up fully but he would manage. He took note of how sensitive his skin was and the ghost pains of the bones that had been broken. It was uncomfortable to take in deep breaths but he did it anyway. 

He then looked at his wings. They looked normal and were responding well to his movements. The ache and memory of them breaking made Percy grip the edge of the counter as he leaned forward slightly. His body screaming at him to sit down.

Yeah, it would be a few days, if not more before he was back to close to normal but he has never been so thankful for being the son of Chaos and having healing abilities. And for Chaos, he probably healed a lot of the damage himself. He didn't want to think about what he would have to go through without his abilities. 

He gave his wings a good flap, not caring if the others heard him anymore. Testing out their strength. 'Good. Sore and painful to move, but healed.' His body was healing slower but it was understandable given the circumstances.

The reality of what he endured began to sink in. He hated himself for getting captured. For putting his friends and family at risk like that. He felt his hands shaking and the fear lingering. He clenched his jaw. Order was going to pay for what he did. How he used him to get to his father. 

His father

'Gods that must have almost killed Chaos and Poseidon...not to mention Annabeth and Luke too.' 

He felt guilty all over again but a soft smile found its way to his face. He was overcome with thankfulness and knew he would have died if it wasn't for them. His family. Noticing the strain from his quivering muscles and he knew he needed to sit down. Body still needing rest to recover from the trauma.

Percy looked at his shoulder and side, knowing full well he was too tired to rewrap them himself. 

He turned and opened the door smirking to himself.

"Hey, does anyone have some fresh gauze?" Voice raised slightly to wake the others.

All three of them snapped their eyes open. 

Percy didn't want them to totally panic when they realized he wasn't in the bed so before they could process him missing he was standing in front of them, holding his shirt in his hands. 

"Percy! What are you doing up?!" Annabeth squeaked out panicked as she sat up quickly. 

Luke was instantly standing by him. "Gods Perce, you shouldn't be out of bed!"

Percy caught his gaze and gave him a small smile before pulling the doufas into a hug.

No one said anything as Luke hugged him back after a second of surprise. The two stood there a moment longer before pulling away. 

Luke didn't move far and stayed close, a hand hovered close to Percy's back as a precaution. He took in the way he was standing, his hands were shaking slightly and he knew the boy couldn't stand much longer.

Chaos looked at him with a straight face, "Percy, sit down before you hurt yourself." 

Percy just smirked at him but obliged. He sat back on the bed as Annabeth grabbed some clean gauze and tape and began rewrapping the freshly healed wounds to make sure they were taken care of properly.

Percy winced as Annabeth pressed a little harder as she went, telling him exactly what she thought of him getting up so soon and not staying in bed. She didn't have to say a word. Percy understood completely. 

Luke sat next to him as Chaos remained where he was, each observing every movement and breath he took. 

Percy looked at them both. "I'm okay." Voice soft, warm, and truthful. 

Both seemed to relax more. 

Annabeth patted his back as she finished. "All done."

"Thanks wise girl."  He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close and kissed her. Not caring the others were watching. He loved her more than anything and knew how close to death he really was. 

The moment was ruined as Percy's stomach made a soft rumble sounded. He chuckled as he broke the kiss.

"Can someone get me some food? I haven't had anything to eat in... honestly I don't even know what day it is...."

Everyone had a smile on their face. Percy had half expected Chaos to just snap his fingers and make some appear but he didn't make a move. Annabeth and Luke exchanged looks before heading out and down to the kitchen to find him something to eat. 

Once the door closed he looked up at his father. 

Chaos seemed to look as if he aged slightly when he looked at him. 

Percy stood to sit with Chaos but he was swept into a fierce embrace. 

Chaos had a hand on the back of his head and the other around his waist. 

Percy welcomed the warmth it brought as his body shook slightly, reminding him again that it needed more rest and he should not be standing.

"I thought I lost you Percy." The creator whispered out. The emotion and desperation clear in his voice.

Percy smiled into his shoulder as a tear fell down his cheek. "If I'm being honest, I thought so too..."

The two held tighter for a second before Chaos finally relaxed his hold. He pushed Percy to sit down gently on the bed and followed suite. Percy leaned on his shoulder as he closed his eyes. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner..." Chaos finally whispered.

Percy sat back upright and looked at him with wide eyes. "What? No, it was my fault. I was stupid enough to try and take them both on by myself and by the time I realized I couldn't, most of my powers were gone and I couldn't contact anyone. You have nothing to apologize for."

Chaos just shook his head in dismay. "It wasn't your fault either Percy. Just promise me you won't try something like that again. I don't think I can handle it..." he trailed off. 

Percy smiled, "I promise." As he leaned his head back down on the creators shoulder and closing his eyes.

A few minutes pass in silence.

"Do you want me to get Poseidon? He was worried just as much as I was."

Percy didn't move as he hummed a soft response, "tomorrow. Tired." 

Chaos just wrapped an arm around him as the boy leaned against him more. 

The quiet moment was interrupted when Luke opened the door. He was about to say something when he locked eyes with the creator.

Chaos just glared at him as Percy nudged himself further into his father's warmth to sleep.

Luke instantly turned and left. He knew what that look was.

Annabeth was in the hall with the food they threw together confused as to why Luke turned around and shut the door. 

"Later. Chaos used his Percy glare."

"What?"

Luke waved his hand, "it's a look Chaos gives when he wants Percy to himself. I swear he acts like a child sometimes."

"Got it. Well... let's put this in the kitchen for when Percy wants it." 

Luke nodded and they both walked away from the room. 

Percy smiled to himself knowing exactly what just happened.

"You're a child" he slurred out of exhaustion. Food forgotten.

Chaos pouted, "Whatever" as he rested his chin on top of Percy's head. 

He was out not a second later and Chaos just held him close as he rested.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 248 24
After the war with Gaea, Percy has lost so much. The poor kid just needs a break. Unfortunately, he can never seem to get one. And life doesn't seem...
393K 16.7K 41
Percy Jackson never had an easy life. With a dead mother, abusive step-father and completely unhelpful schoolmates, Percy tends to find that life see...
1M 21.1K 31
Percy Jackson has been betrayed by everyone he cares about, everyone he loves- even Annabeth, the one person he thought he could always count on. So...
621K 10K 35
Commander Alpha of Chaos's Army (PJO/HOO Fanfic) Highest Ranks: #1 in Percy Jackson; #1 in PJO Percy Jackson. Savior of Olympus. Hero of the centur...