𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πŽπ€πƒ π“π‘πˆπ ✩ Mi...

By mazewriterrr

When Frypan invites his friend Quinn Parker over to a road trip with him and his friends, it turns out a lot... More

T H E R O A D T R I P
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
A/N
Extra's!!
One-shots

062

2.1K 65 315
By mazewriterrr

S I X T Y - T W O
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit , shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit , shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit-

Shit.

It was currently nine a.m. in the morning, the day after Thomas, Newt, and I stayed home.

Aiden and his friends would visit at ten.

One hour and I would have no other choice but to face him.

Minho had told me how excited he was for me to meet his friends and for him to show what an 'amazing girlfriend' he had.

So if he found out about what happened in the past and who Aiden pretended to be, he would be broken. I couldn't deny that I know he would get mad at Aiden, but still, it would break him.

We would go swimming in the garden together, with drinks and food. Just swimming. I would be fine. There was no need for me and Aiden to end up somewhere all alone.

Forty five minutes.

I stared into the mirror for a long time, my heartbeat speeding up from stress.

Thirty minutes.

I still didn't put my bikini on. I wore black shorts with a simple green shirt.

Fifteen minutes.

I was tapping with my foot as I spent all my time alone in the bathroom.  

Ten minutes.

The others had changed. I buried my head in my hands, forcing myself to just get up and face him... but I couldn't. I couldn't, I couldn't, I-

Three minutes.

I jumped up in a fast motion and met Minho in the hallway. He smiled brightly. He was so happy. Too happy to notice my smile was fake.

The doorbell got pressed by someone.

I froze in the hallway and automatically looked down. This was it. Aiden and his friends were here. Voices around me. Greetings, laughs, handshakes..

"Quinn."
My head snapped up. A pair of beautiful eyes watched me. Minho.

He stepped aside and showed four figures. "This are Jack, Leo, Kay, and Aiden."

Jack was a tall, dark blonde boy. Kay had redder hair and was small, almost chubby. Leo had dark hair, sharp cheekbones, and a cold face. Exactly how I remembered.

"Jack, Leo, Kay, and Aiden, this is my girl, Quinn." Minho continued.

I would've gotten butterflies if it weren't for the situation and that these boys knew exactly who I was.

I shook three hands and nearly hesitated with the last one. Didn't dare to make eye contact with Aiden, but caught a glimpse of his face. Clear and shaved skin, his hair messy but not weird-looking, a tattoo running up his arm. He wore a black shirt that didn't have sleeves. Smelled like a normal human, and his posture was great.

Well, don't judge a book by its cover.

Eventually, I shook his hand, receiving a firm shake back, but no words.

We walked outside, where the others sat. They all greeted the four boys happily, only knowing Aiden as a kind person.

I bit the inside of my cheek while sitting down. A drink got pushed in my hands by Thomas before the boy excitedly started talking to Kay. Minho was showing Aiden and Leo around a bit. Jack was talking to Newt and Teresa.

I watched Sonya, Aris, Winston, and Frypan jump into the pool. It was very hot outside and I would get a sunburn if I stayed still the whole time. The cold drink only cooled my hand down. I barely enjoyed drinking it.

"Ready to go swimming?" Minho sat down next to me as more jumped into the pool.

"Oh, yeah. Just gotta put on my bikini." I nodded, glancing at Aiden. He was laughing with Winston, luckily not paying attention to me.

"Okay. Great." An arm around my waist. "Everything okay? Do you like 'em?"

"Yeah, your friends are great." I lied, the millionth fake smile on my face that week. "I'll go get dressed."

Minho nodded. His swim shorts were already on, but for once I didn't have the urge to stare at his fit body. "Alright. See you, Princess."

One last smile and I sneaked inside, to the bedroom to change as fast as I could. I put on a swimsuit this time, hiding the scar on my side and because I wasn't comfortable showing much skin around at all. Not after the things he did.

I took a deep breath in. The 'first meeting' had gone well. But now I would have to find a way to spend the whole day around Aiden.
I sat down on the bed and again, buried my head in my hands.

Sat for five minutes to finally have enough courage to go outside. I reached out for the door handle, about to open the door, but didn't even get the chance. The thing got slammed open once I unlocked it and I nearly tripped by the sudden action.

It slammed back close again. My windpipe got blocked completely. My shock was so big I felt it rise up in my chest— Aiden was towing over me.

"Give me the money and we'll be fine." Was the only thing he said before his eyes trailed all around to room and over my body.

I could barely speak. "I-I don't have it." I stammered. Just run. Run, r—

He pushed me into the middle of the room before I even passed him in an attempt to escape.

Aiden's eyebrow lifted. "You don't have it?"

"No. I don't." I looked down. I wanted to look up and be tough. Wanted to have a big mouth back, but simply couldn't. "So leave me alone."

"I gave you weeks to do this job." He spat out as the door got locked. "Alright? Weeks! And you can't even fix some money? Not even a dollar?" A loud sigh. "Holy shit, Quinn."

"Open the door." I stepped forward. He blocked the way. "I swear to—."

"What're you gonna do?" His arms crossed. "Scream for your new boyfriend? You think he'll choose you, a girl he hasn't even known half a year, over his friend of four years?"

My arms wrapped around my own body to give some kind of protection. He knew was he was doing to me, but the worst was, it was the truth. Minho wouldn't choose me over one of his best friends... no matter how many times he told me he loved me.

"Anyway." Aiden stuck a hand in his pocket. "I'm literally so happy you left me a souvenir, Quinn!"

He held out the notebook that I recognized as my diary. The one where I wrote my stories down.

"In for a story?" He was already opening it. I shook my head heavily, speechless.

This would bring back too many memories. I would get so overwhelmed... so upset that- god, this was exactly his plan.

"Stop." I choked out. My try to rip the thing out of his hands didn't work. "Let go of it."

He started reading, fully ignoring me.
"Today was a long day. I'm tired, but made time to write because it helps after days like these. I visited Mom. She wasn't doing well. I had to clean up vomit. When I came back home, I was too late. Aiden only yelled at me, luckily. He didn't touch me. Now he's with his friends.
I do still love him, though."

"Stop." I blinked away tears at those memories. Weak, weak, weak. "Stop that." But he continued.

"Today Aiden gave me flowers. I loved them. Kept on smelling them because it were my favorites. Roses. Then he found out I didn't do the dishes. The flowers got ripped out of my hands and I received a slap.
I do still love him, though."

My legs were getting weaker. "You-you piece of-."

"Today my Mom stole money again. I tried to tell Aiden what happened when he found out, but he wouldn't believe me. The wall's been feeling me get slammed on it a lot lately.
I do still love him, though."

Aiden went to the next page as a tear leaked from my eye, followed by more. I weakly tried to push him, but he was standing too strong and didn't even move a little bit.

"Today I was home alone. I cleaned up, because Aiden asked me to. I was just finishing the bathroom when he came back wasted as hell. I tried taking care of him, but he only hit me for no reason. He threw up on the floor I just cleaned.
I do still love him, though."

"Shut up." I grunted through my tears, but he wouldn't stop.

"Today Aiden and I did it. It's been an hour and he's asleep now. I don't feel well. My hips are hurting from his hands and I have an ache in my stomach I can't remove. But maybe that's how it works.
I do still love him."

"This isn't gonna help get your money." I cried out. "It isn't gonna do anything but remind you of the horrible things you have done!"

"Today Aiden wasn't in a great mood." He ignored me. "I tried to give him hot chocolate but he refused and accidentally threw it all over me. My thighs are slightly burned now, but it's not the worst. Cold showers work.
I do still love him."

I nearly broke down on the floor. Hearing this back made me realize Minho had been telling the truth. He was abusive... a narcissist!

"Today I saw Oliver. He waved at me. I smiled and waved back. Aiden was next to me. When we got home, he hit me.
I do still love him, though."

Aiden was looking through the last pages of the notebook and I started to wonder if Minho didn't get suspicious. Was he just swimming? Or overhearing us? Laughing with Thomas in the pool?

"Today Aiden hit me. My eye's blue now.
I hope I still love him."

I cried in silence. Pressed my hands on my ears but it didn't work.

"Today, I knew that I didn't love him anymore."
Then Aiden slammed the diary closed and stared at me for a long time.

My bottom lip was shaking, and yet my eyes trailed to the door. "Please just let me go." I sniffed. "And I'll make the money back in the US."

A long silence.
"You're so fucking useless, Quinn."
And he opened the door to let both of us out.

A/n: Oh, well.
(You better take this as a cliffhanger)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 822 23
"it's like she's so... effortlessly beautiful" minho spoke, not even thinking about the words that were spilling out of his mouth. "i can't explain i...
196K 4.1K 33
Y/N, a skeleton named Benjamin, a knife called Sheila and some Griever slush. A night of return after 372 moons in the maze, on one fateful night, G...
37K 1.2K 32
❝you like the girl shank, don't you?❞ | going poker-faced, minho stammered, ❝what?❞ ~ ✡ the new girl finds herself in the glade, but being the only g...
50.3K 1.8K 33
Almost in despair, Jane in desperate to find Minho after WICKED took him away. Not only Minho goes through a lot, Jane and Newt do too, which not alw...