House of Memories (Book 2)

By amengaywomen_3d

As the shadow phoenix arises in one place, it is pushed down on another. Ruby is more frightened by her power... More

Chapter 1- A dark reflection
Chapter 2- Crushing
Chapter 3- The woods' dark beauty
Chapter 4- Third energy
Chapter 5- Stalker
Chapter 6- Deadly mission
Chapter 8- Dreams
Chapter 9- Riding down a hill
Chapter 10- A magic love
Chapter 11- Saving the Groom
Chapter 12- Lord Copycat
Chapter 13- Dark Essence
Chapter 14- The Professor
Chapter 15- Reunited
Chapter 16- You're such a back stabber
Chapter 17- In the way of love
Chapter 18- Familiar
Chapter 19- Flaw
Chapter 20- Demon slayer
Chapter 21- Ripped paper
Chapter 22- Threatened
Chapter 23- Longing and Heartbreak
Chapter 24- Runaways
Chapter 25- Exhaustion
Chapter 26- Little One
Chapter 27- Weak
Chapter 28- The offer of a lifetime
Chapter 29- Confession
Chapter 30-Gangbanger
Chapter 31- New allies
Chapter 32- The power of Music
Chapter 33-It's all your fault
Chapter 34- Comfort
Chapter 35- Invitation
Chapter 36- Party
Chapter 37- Halloween Pranks

Chapter 7- Into the lion's den

416 29 5
By amengaywomen_3d

At that point, it was inevitable. Ruby would have to face the Trix sooner than later. The question is, how would she approach them? 

Although she didn't want to, it would most likely happen during a fight. The last time she saw them, she had betrayed them and, even though it seemed like they were fine, what if they weren't? What if they were still mad at her for what she did? These thoughts were scaring her more than they should.

Suddenly she was shaken off her panicked thinking by some torbulence outside.

"Ruby, I think you're interfering with the system." Timmy said, looking into her red eyes.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry, Timmy." The redhead said closing her eyes and taking deep breaths to calm down.

"Why are you so stressed out, Rubes?" Stella asked.

"Is it because of this knight? And his allies?" Bloom asked, talking carefully to not trigger her sister.

"Don't worry, Ruby." Brandon said, smirking heroically. "Me and Sky will be there to protect you girls."

"As much as it pains me to ruin your ego and pride..." Ruby said, sarcastically. "I don't care about the Shadow Creatures nor do I care about Copycat, at all. I'm just... worried about the Pixies."

"So am I." Layla said, smiling sympathetically. "But I'm sure we'll save them in time."

"So who's the bad guy this time? Ruby mentioned Shadow Creatures and, a Copycat?" Brandon said, looking at the redhead confused. 

"Well, we don't know for sure." Stella answered, spinning her chair to face the brunette Specialist. "But, we heard he's pretty tough."

"Yeah, but the Specialists can tackle absolutely anything." Brandon said, clearly trying to impress the Fairies, mainly Layla. "You should see all the cool stuf we got for this mission. Rope grapplers, techno magic gear and this."

"Guys." Layla said, rolling her eyes.

"You know what, Layla? I think we're going to be good friends." Ruby said, earning a happy smile from her.

"It's so cool, look." Brandon said, showing them a little device. "It's a demoleculizer t29."

"Dima... demoisturizer what?" Stella asked.

"Codatorta, our teacher, says we can actually use it to pass through walls and other solid objects." Brandon explained as the device opened itself.

"Uh, Brandon." Layla called, but the Specialist was too focused showing off to hear her.

"Timmy. Show the girls what the owl's new engine can do." 

"Sure." The nerd said, excitedly pressing a few buttons making the aircraft go at an incredibly fast speed which had the girls pressed back in their seats.

"Eighteen dragon power titanium frame, what a dream machine." Brandon shouted, happily.

"Excuse me." Layla yelled. 

"Yes, Layla?" Timmy asked.

"They enemy's the other way." The girl said 

"Yeah, we knew that." Brandon said, chuckling embarrassed as Timmy turned the aircraft the other way.

"Let me just tell you, Fake Princy. I'm truly impressed by your orientation skills." Ruby teased making Layla giggle. "Next time, stop trying to impress girls and instead make sure you're going the right way."

"Yes, you're right, I'm sorry." Brandon said sitting down on a chair next to Stella.

"So, Ruby. I've been meaning to ask you something." The blonde said, having noticed her friend playing with her necklace since they left Alfea. "Why do you always wear that necklace? You may have an horrible sense of style, but you do know how to match your clothes. That necklace does not match those clothes. Who gave it to you? Some girlfriend?"

"What? No, it's just a necklace." Ruby lied, chuckling nervously.

"Alright then. So you wouldn't mind if i try it on. It's really beautiful" Stella said, standing up from her seat and walking towards her friend. 

She reached for the necklace but, when her hand was inches away of touching the pink heart, Ruby grabbed her wrist and twiched her arm, her irises glowing a drangerous shade of red and slowly getting surrounded by black. Stella fell on her knees due to the pain and stared at her friend in fear.

"Paws off, Blondie." Ruby growled. "You don't see me touching your jewels so you won't touch mine."

"Ruby let go of her." Bloom pleaded when she saw her sister's arm veins turn black.

The redhead let go of Stella who quickly ran back to her seat, frightened. Ruby felt bad and wanted to apologize, but it hadn't been her fault ,so she didn't.

"There's the valley." Layla suddenly said, walking towards Timmy and breaking the silence that involved them. "And that river is the one I used to escape from the cave."

"This is where I should drop you off then?" Timmy asked.

"No, it's easier to get inside through the old mines in the cave." Layla told him.

"Then let's go." Sky said.

"Uh, is this the spot?" Timmy asked, entering a hole in the wall.

"Yeah, that's where the tar monsters went after kidnapping the Pixies in the forest." Layla said.

Timmy steered the plane towards the cave entrance where Layla pointed and hovered the ground.

"There's no place to land, you're going to have to jump out while we're airborne guys." Timmy said.

"Perfect." Ruby said sarcastically.

"Fine by me." Sky said, grabbing a rope. They tied it tightly to the aircraft and, after making sure it was secure, Sky slid down the rope, landing on the ground safe and sound. "Come on, everybody out."

Stella knelt down on the floor and dreadfully grabbed the rope. When she was about to go down, a small box shaped like a heart fell down her pocket. 

"Oh no." The blonde said, leaning forward to try to catch it which only resulted on her falling from the plane. Luckily, she was able to hold on to the rope on time and the box fell down the cliff.

"Everything ok? Was that something important?" Sky shouted from the ground.

"Yes, my makeup kit." Stella shouted angrily.

"Forget it, just slide down the rope." Sky yelled, rolling his eyes.

"Must admit, for once I miss school." Stella said, sliding down very slowly and with her eyes closed.

"Bloom, go next." Ruby said, helding out her hand for her sister to take.

She helped her down and, once the redhead was securely holding it, Ruby let go of her hand. However Bloom didn't slide down immediately.

"After this, I need to talk to you about that reaction with Stella." The Fairy whispered.

"I figured." Ruby sighed. "Fine, just slide down. We'll talk later."

Bloom nodded, before losening her grip on the rope, allowing her to get down on the floor.

"Layla, you next." Sky shouted from the ground.

Ruby offered her a hand, which she took, and helped her down the rope. The aircraft shook violently as the engine made a weird noise and Layla accidentally let go of the rope. Ruby hurried to grab her hand and pulled the girl towards her and held her close. Layla released a shaky breath, holding Ruby's jacket for dear life before looking up at her.

"Thank you, Ruby." She said, hugging her.

"Any time." The redhead answered pulling away. Once Layla slid down the rope, Ruby turned her head to the right to look at Timmy. "Yo, Glasses. The fuck was that?"

"It was just a slight malfunction on the aircraft's engine." Timmy answered. "Liam, could you please go take a look."

"Of course." The raven haired Specialist said walking away. "Good luck, Shorty."

"See ya, Jughead." Ruby said, waving. 

She looked down at the rope dreadfully. However, her fears were pushed away as someone offered a hand to her. Looking up she saw Riven staring at her with a tiny hint of a kind smile playing on his lips.

"Need some help?" He asked. Ruby smiled softly, taking his hand.

The Specialist helped her down and let go of her hand once she slid down. She stood on her feet next to her sister and looked up at the aircraft as Riven pulled up the rope.

"Wow, you and Riven seem to be getting along." Bloom said with a surprised expression.

"He's still a Dumbass, but he's not that bad." Ruby said smiling. "But I swear to God, if he dares to break Musa's heart again, I'll tear him apart."

Bloom opened her mouth to say something, but chose not to.

"Good luck, guys." Riven shouted, waving as the aircraft flew away.

"Bye." The whole group said at the same time.

Once the vehicle was out of sight, Layla walked away towards the hole on the wall.

"Follow me this is the way in." She said, entering the dark path.

Sky immediately lit up a small lantern that gave them a slightly dim light. Ruby walked at the very back of the group so she was basically walking blindfolded which caused her to trip over rocks multiple times.

"For crying out loud, Sky. Could you please give us more light?" Ruby pleaded after the tenth rock.

"Yeah, I know you want to save batteries, but give us some light back here." Stella, who was walking right in front of Ruby, complained. "We can't see a thing." She tripped on a rock and fell to the ground and the lack of light made Ruby accidentally trip on the blonde and also fall down. "That's it, I've had it. I'll deal with it myself. Magic Winx." With a flash of light, Stella was transformed into her shiny Fairy form, with the low pigtails and the sparkly orange top and skirt along with her powerful scepter. "Scepter, give us light."

The cave was suddenly filled with light which frightened off a few bats that squeaked and flew away scared.

"Well, I think I liked it better before." Bloom said, looking around at the creepy and moldy rock walls of the cave.

"At least I can see where we're going." Stella said, walking closer to her friend.

"Yeah, I think the other way was better, to be honest." Ruby said, standing up from the ground once she heard roaring. "You just lured the monsters."

"Uh, guys. I don't know what that is but, let's keep moving." Stella said frightened once she heard an animalistic growl.

The group ran to the oppostie direction of the monsters, trying to outrun them, however their hopes of escaping were crushed once they were faced with large double doors which looked pretty much locked.

"I remember this gate, but it was open before." Layla told them.

"It's locked." Sky huffed after trying to push the gate.

"Have you tried pulling." Ruby joked.

"Leave it to me." Stella said, flying towards the door. She blasted it with a spell, but the gate seemed to have absorbed it.

"No good, the gate absorbs magic." Bloom pointed out. "Our enemy thought of everything."

"Except the Specialists." Brandon said. "It may be protected from spells, but all locks are made to be broken."

"That sentence makes absolutely no sense." Ruby said.

"Guys we've got company." Bloom yelled once she saw some Tar Creatures stepping out of the darkness, growling and roaring.

"Brandon, maybe you can open it with Riven's lockpick." Sky suggested, holding the object in his hand. 

"No, I'm gonna blow this thing open." Brandon said pulling out some explosives.

"Dude, I take everything I've said about you back. I like you." Ruby said, smiling.

"Thanks, Ruby... Wait. What did you say about me?"

"Not important."

"Ok... anyways. Buy me some time." He asked, before heading towards the door to explode its lock.

"It's up to us." Bloom said.

"Let's all transform." Layla suggested.

"You mean you're a..."

"Of course I am." Layla said, cutting Bloom off before releasing some kind of war yell.

"The fuck?" Ruby whispered.

"Magic Winx." Bloom shouted, transforming into her Fairy form. "Rubt transform too."

"Yeah sorry. My brain is just trying to process what that war cry thingy was. Magix Winx." The redhead said, transforming.

"Let's go." Bloom said, flying towards the monsters.

The three Fairies and Sky fought the Shadow Creatures fiercly while Brandon instaled the explosives around the door frame. 

Ruby waved her hand in the air and lifted some monsters off the ground. They roared, trying to get free from the magic hold, but to no use. A few creatures tried to attack her from behind, but she had seen it coming so she flicked her other wrist and the Shadow Creatures were turned into water. Ruby closed the fist of the hand holding the remaining monsters and they exploded, dirtying the walls with tar.

She looked over at her friends and noticed they were struggling to defeat the monsters. For some reason their spells didn't hurt the creatures at all.

"No effect whatsoever." Bloom said, confused.

"In that case I'll just have to enlighten them. Girls, shut your eyes." Stella said, swinging her scepter towards the creatures which created a bliding light, forcing the others to look away. 

"Good work Stella." Bloom said, flying towards her friend once the creatures were completely destroyed.

"Take cover." Brandon shouted running away from the door. After a few seconds they heard an explosion and the lock of the gate had been destroyed. "All right."

"Watch out, there are more of them." Bloom yelled.

"Come on, this way." Sky said running towards the broken door.

They flew towards the path behind it and Brandon and Sky started pushing the doors close.

"Hurry, shut the gate." Layla said panicking

With a bit of struggle and trying to keep the creatures away, the two Specialists closed the heavy doors.

"They're still trying to get through. Stand back." Layla said, flying towards them. She summoned a pink orb in between her hands and placed a few magic pink pillars, that looked like bubblegum, in front of the gate.

"Wow Ruby, I saw what you did back there. You're so much better with magic." Bloom said, approaching her sister excitedly "When did you learn to do that water thing?"

"Do you remember this summer when Mitzi came to our house bragging about her new car?" Ruby asked.

"Yes." Bloom answered suspisciously.

"Well she does not have a car anymore." She answered walking towards Layla who had fallen on her knees and was back at her normal form, looking exhausted

"Good job, Layla." Bloom praised.

"It's good to have you on our team." Sky said, offering her a hand up which she gladly took."

"Thanks."

"Alright, let's go." Bloom said and the group walked away, heading towards what might be their certain death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 3K 33
A new enemy is on the rise for taking over the entire Magical Dimension. But first, this enemy must face the Winx, who will stop at nothing to make s...
181K 2.1K 38
Bloom was just a normal 20 year old with the perfect life-she has a home and a fiancée, Sky, whom she lived with, loved, and will be married to in 2...
118K 2.9K 48
After a long and hard battle, the Winx and Specialists finally defeated the evil Wizards of the Black Circle. Or so they thought. To finally rule th...
18.1K 570 21
!!THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE TOTDF SERIES!! Long ago, a portion of the Shadow Phoenix's power was stripped away as punishment for its crimes agai...