(Sidon x Reader) The Out Of B...

By SpiritOfSidon

Being a resident of Lurelin Village, you happened to be quite unlucky in a lot of regards. It was as if there... More

1: The Start Of A Legend
2: The Start Of A New Life
3: Sidon, Prince Of The Zora
4: The Beginning of Strange Correlations
5: An Audience With The King
6: An Adventure With The Prince
7: Rumors And Memories
8: The Secrets Of The Spirit
9: A Break In The Domain
10: The Talk Of Town
11: The Budding Of Something
12: Morfran, Prince Of The Abyss
13: A Promise With A Smile
14: Out On The Road Again
15: Another Piece To The Puzzle
16: The Purity Of Spirit
17: Head Over Heels
18: An Unexpected Engagement
Author's Notes: Additional Content
19: The Korok's Game
20: The Straw That Snapped
22: The Princess Of Hyrule, Zelda
23: The Champion Festival
24: Sowing The Seeds Of Fate
25: The Catalyst
26: The Multitude Of Mysteries
27: The Unknown Future
28: Past Stories

21: A Personal Problem

256 11 4
By SpiritOfSidon

Sidon over the next couple days seemed a bit less... Cheery, than he usually is. When the swimming lessons resumed, there always seemed to be a sadness in Sidon's eyes whenever he would look at (Y/n). Though (Y/n) wanted to ask what was wrong, she thought better of it.

She figured perhaps it had to do with his meeting with the council, and the news he had to share. Whether it was the possible engagement, the failed unification attempt, or a combination of the two, it seemed the outcome of it was not positive for the poor prince.

Then there were the nightmares (Y/n) was getting these past couple days... Of a great darkness, threatening to consume the kingdom whole. That was the only thing she could remember every time she would wake up. Kodah and Kayden would tell her that she would tremble in her sleep whenever she would get these nightmares. Whatever this great darkness was... It unnerved her greatly, and it was starting to get into the work she was doing in preparation for the festival.

"(Y/n), did you hear? I heard there are going to be musicians from all over coming for the Champion Festival!" Kodah told (Y/n) over her shoulder as she was tidying up the community kitchen.

"Apparently, it was his majesty's request that all the best musicians come to the Domain. I suppose he wants this festival to be more grand than the ones prior due to what happened to Vah Ruta this year." Kayden added from the inn.

(Y/n) tilted her head up to look at Kayden. "Vah Ruta? Isn't that the divine beast that went haywire?" She questioned, having sat in a corner of the inn to do her work.

"Correct. Due to what happened to our late princess, after the Great Calamity was over, his majesty decided it was best to retire the divine beast. He feared it could become corrupted again in the future and did not want a repeat of what had happened to occur again." Kayden explained with a soft sigh.

"But, the Champion Festival is not a time of grieving. It is a time of remembering the great feats of our late princess, of celebrating our rich history." Kodah said with a soft smile.

"It is also a time where we enjoy ourselves. You have been through a lot for being so new to the Domain, and I think it will be nice for you to see more of what we have to offer, besides our prince." Kodah teased (Y/n) with a playful wink, causing her to blush.

"Speaking of his highness, he seems rather grim recently. I wonder if it's because he is reminiscing about Mipha." Kayden wondered with a hum.

"It could be... Regardless, I can't help but worry about him... It's not like him to seem so... worried..." (Y/n) murmured with a frown, once again recalling those times where she would see that longing look in his eyes during their swimming lessons. Perhaps all that was needed was just a little time, to allow Sidon to process whatever it was he was feeling. He knew that if he needed someone to confide in, he could always come to her.

But, if the issue regarded her, such as the engagement, then maybe that would be why he wouldn't come to her concerning the issue. Though it did make her wonder... Who would he confide in? Perhaps his friends?... But they were always on the move, so keeping in touch could be tricky, especially if he wanted an immediate response.

Who in the entirety of the Domain could Sidon always depend on to lend their ear, someone who wouldn't judge him for his woes, despite his status?

There was a silence between Kayden and Kodah, before Kodah decided to speak again.

"...In the past, whenever the prince appeared to be troubled, he would always stand before our statue of Mipha at night, when it used to be in the town's square. I do not want to jump to conclusions, but, I could have sworn I heard him... talking to her. This behavior was more frequent when we used to have diplomats come over to do business with our Domain. They appeared to be quite a strict bunch, not even interacting with the locals." Kodah told (Y/n), who frowned softly.

"So, what you're saying is that there is no one else in the Domain that Sidon can truly talk to?" She asked, her heart breaking at the very thought. Sidon was always so gracious with everyone, it was hard to imagine he had no one else to converse with.

"Well, as prince of the Domain, there is a very strict decorum that he must follow, as per the Council's orders. It is frowned upon for his highness to be too informal with anyone of the Domain, since he will one day be king." Kayden informed her, before giving her a soft smile. "That is why all his friends are from outside the Domain."

"Including yourself, initially. But, now we are here, with you making something for both yourself and Prince Sidon for the upcoming festival!" Kodah chirped, trying to lighten up the mood. "What are you making, anyway?"

"Well, I am making a bunch of stuff... My outfit for the event, and the two things we will be matching in. I want it to be something that is more covert, but still eye catching." (Y/n) smiled to herself as she proceeded with her work.

"I hope Sidon loves it, and that it could cheer him up from this somber mood that he is in. He still continues to smile and all, but it hasn't been meeting his eyes recently." (Y/n) sighed. "I just want him to be back to his usual self."

"He will be, dear, in time." Kodah reassured her with a smile. "Nothing ever keeps the prince down for long."

While (Y/n) continued to work on her personal project, some familiar faces have decided to stop by the Domain, greeted by the guards to pass on through. They didn't think they would be here so early, but it was per a certain older woman's request that they take the time to also relax. Work wasn't everything, and they had did more than enough. All they had to do now was wait on the reports.

"It felt like forever since I have been to Zora's Domain. It still looks as pretty as a jewel." The blonde princess smiled as she looked around, before her green eyes spotted the Inn, and a familiar Zora at work. "Look, Link, there is (Y/n). Let's go greet her!" Zelda grinned as she was then walking with Link towards the inn, immediately being greeted by Kodah and Kayden.

(Y/n) looked up only to gasp upon seeing the blonds. She didn't expect them to be here. Did this mean that they had bad news to bring regarding their investigations?

As if sensing the worry (Y/n) was feeling, Princess Zelda shook her head with a soft smile. "We are not here to make any sort of report. We are here per tradition to take part in the upcoming Champion Festival. We also would really like to commission some things from you." She giggled, putting (Y/n) at ease as she sighed.

"My apologies, Zelda, it is just... I am worried about Sidon. Something is bothering him, and I can tell he doesn't want me to know what it is." (Y/n) frowned softly, going to look down at her work thus far. "I just want him to return to being his chirpy self again."

Upon hearing her words, Zelda frowned. "That does sound troubling... Perhaps you can have a chat with him, Link? Go see what is wrong?" Zelda suggested, causing the noble swordsman to nod and head off.

It was strange hearing his best friend not be his usual self. What had happened? Was it something with the Council again? He knew firsthand how troubling they can be with everyone, especially the royals.

After running around the Domain searching for him, Link finally found Sidon at the highest point of the Domain, appearing to sulk in front of the statue of Mipha. In his hands appeared to be a Scarlet Love, a flower whose petals he was stroking as he appeared deep in thought. It was very evident by just his posture alone that the prince was down in the dumps.

Link waited a moment before clearing his throat, hoping to catch his attention. Sidon jumped at the sound, and turned around. Upon seeing who it was, he let out a sigh of relief, going to put the flower he was holding back in his traveler's pouch. "Oh, it is just you, my friend. I was worried you were someone else." Sidon gave out a light laugh, one that sounded quite weak, lacking his usual enthusiasm.

Link quirked a brow at his strange behavior. "What's wrong?" He simply asked the prince. He really wasn't acting like himself. It was so strange to see Sidon like this.

Sidon seemed to hesitate for a moment, before shaking his head. "...The Council does not approve of me wanting to marry (Y/n). Father says I must put the Domain first, but... This is the only thing I have ever wanted in my life... The only thing I ever had asked of them, and they still would not allow it..." Sidon frowned, his eyes looking dejected as he looked at the ground.

Link appeared to ponder his next words for a bit. "You know, (Y/n) is really worried about you." He told him.

"I know she is, I can see it in her eyes, but, I can not tell her about this, it could break her heart! I... I just wish that at the very least Father would give me his blessing. That he would trust my judgement, and allow me to go through with marrying her without resorting to the Zora's Sapphire..."

"The Zora's Sapphire?" Link questioned with a tilt of his head. Despite being quite familiar with the Domain and some of their customs, he cannot say he had ever heard of that before.

"Yes. It is essentially an engagement ring. If I give it to her, no one can object to our marriage. But... Where is the romance in that? How would (Y/n) feel knowing that using it is the only way we could get married? The Council despises the idea of me being wedded to her, and the last thing I want to do is to add another problem on her list." Sidon sighed as he continued to stare down at the ground.

Link hummed as he tried to think up a solution to this dilemma. "Then why not convince them that (Y/n) is the best choice for you, regardless of her status?" He questioned, causing the prince to look up. "Huh? But how could I ever do that? They are insistent that I marry only a princess!"

Link smiled. "When she marries you, she will become a princess. What traits are the Council always talking about wanting for the Royal family?" Link asked him, causing Sidon to sigh.

"Where do I begin? Grace, skill, a sense of obligation for the people..." The prince started to list out, causing Link to nod. "Exactly. Knowing you, you would never fall for a lady who did not cherish the Domain as much as you do." Link pointed out, causing a look of realization to flicker on Sidon's face.

"...Link, my best friend, you are absolutely correct! If I just show them how perfect a princess she will be for the Domain..."

"...Then they will have no objections. Once you appeal to them, they will feel indebted to you. Then, they will allow you to have the romantic wedding you want with (Y/n)." Link chuckled softly. Luckily for Sidon, Link was an expert at appealing to hostility.

That was when Link felt one of his hands being shaken with much enthusiasm by a happy prince. "Thank you, thank you so much, Link! That is exactly what I plan to do! No one will stop me from being wedded to (Y/n), she is my true love!" Sidon proclaimed with a chirpy grin. The bright light was coming back to his eyes, and Link was relieved to see he could help his best friend.

"We should head back now. (Y/n) is with Zelda in the inn." Link informed him, causing Sidon to nod. "Alright! Let's go, Link!" Sidon chirped, as the friends were then walking down the long staircase.

"By the way, why have you and Zelda came here? Are you here to give your reports?" Sidon asked the knight, who shook his head. "We are here on a break and to also attend the Champion Festival." He informed him.

"That is good to hear. You two are really going to like it this year! We have all sorts of musicians from around Hyrule coming to play!" Sidon chuckled with a bright grin.

"Do you plan to serenade your lady at the festival?" Link joked with a smirk.

"And possibly make her uncomfortable at such a public setting? I will not do that unless she wants me to!" Sidon shook his head. All that mattered to him was making (Y/n) feel comfortable and happy.

"So, you are not going to dance with her?" Link questioned with a quirked brow.

"Of course I will! Everyone else will be dancing too, so it would not be unusual." Sidon reasoned.

Link chuckled. "Of course not."

Now that the prince's problem had a solution, Sidon felt hopeful for the future. He may not have to use the Zora's Sapphire as a last resort. He would try his absolute best to convince everyone that (Y/n) was the perfect princess-to-be. After all, he chose her, and his eyes would never be on anyone else but her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867 62 4
The Master Sword. Your birthright, your destiny, the physical manifestation of your duty. The goddesses had chosen you to be the sword bearer, to pro...
733 86 28
A story about an injured Hylian Knight travelling with a Zoran Prince, their travels are filled with jealousy, sadness, dangerous fights and more. T...
55 0 20
"Good luck, seashell." General content warnings: Blood Character Death Some Mild Swearing Around And After Chapter 20 More specific warnings will be...
10.7K 1.2K 46
♌-- Book III of the Astral Guardians Series --♈ To fulfill his late mother's dream has always been En's aim in life. Even though he's not sure he wil...