Triton [hs au | completed]

By Im-a-thief

Harry is a small time drug dealer who has just been recruited by one of the East Coast's most notorious gangs... More

Cast and Story
1) The City
2) Don't Get Mad, Get Even
3) In and Out of Love
4) New
5) We're Going to Be Friends
6) Riders on the Storm
7) Gimme Shelter
8) Take a Chance on Me
9) I Never Told You What I Do for a Living
10) She Drives Me Crazy
11) Paradise City
12) Demons
13) Come See About Me
14) Pills N Potions
15) Bent
16) Take Me to Church
17) Strong Enough to Break
18) For What It's Worth
19) Little Lies
20) Say it Isn't So
21) Ain't No Rest For the Wicked
22) I Believe in a Thing Called Love
23) Kashmir
24) You're Lost Little Girl
25) Miss You
26) Highway to Hell
27) Dr. Feelgood
28) Bad Moon Rising
29) She Will Be Loved
30) Lies
31) You Can't Always Get What You Want
32) White Wedding
33) The Scientist
34) Don't Speak
36) Sympathy For the Devil
37) All Along the Watchtower
38) Everlong
39) All These Things That I've Done
40) Underneath It All
41) Roadhouse Blues
42) Lego House
43) We Gotta Get Out of This Place
44) Georgia
45) This Will Be Our Year
46) I Know Places
47) One Headlight
48) Through the Dark
49) Wild Horses
50) Beast of Burden
51) Hallelujah
52) Five to One
53) Shake Me Down
54) Home
55) With a Little Help From My Friends
56) Under Pressure
57) Heart Out
58) Landslide
59) Back in Black
60) Hells Bells
61) Knockin' on Heaven's Door
62) First Day of My Life
63) She Smiled Sweetly
64)Can't Feel My Face
65) Chasing Cars
66) Here Comes the Sun
67) A Walk Through Hell
Author's Note
68) Cemetery

35) Back Against the Wall

6.9K 262 65
By Im-a-thief

||Harry||

"Let go!" I spit at Sam as I try to jerk my arms free.

"You're upsetting her. I can't let you back in there." Sam states firmly. I mange to get my arm free and reach for the doorknob. "Don't be stupid." Sam threatens as he pulls a pistol from his waistband.

"She needs to rest. Stress is only going to make things worse for her." Carl adds.

I release the doorknob and storm down the hallway, knocking frames containing generic artwork off the wall on the way. When I make it to the lobby, I knock over every chair I can get my hands on. Michael stands quietly in the corner observing me until my thigh gives out and I collapse.

"You need to let them patch that up." he says to me as he offers me his hand. I take it and allow him to pull me to my feet. "Punishing yourself isn't going to change anything." he adds. He helps me hobble down the hall to an exam room.

Sam enters the room a few minutes later and starts working on my thigh, he's talking to me, but I can't hear a single word. I've lost her. I've lost the only thing that mattered to me. I was stupid to think this could ever work. That she would ever forgive me.

"Harry?" Michael's voice pulls me from my thoughts. I look up at him. "Your shirt?" he points. "Sam wants to look at your shoulder." I remove my shirt and toss it on the floor.

"This is healing up nicely, but you need to go easy on it." Sam says as he prods at the wound. My phone starts vibrating in my jacket pocket on the floor. Michael retrieves it for me.

"Styles."

"Where the fuck are you?!" Louis' voice demands on the other end.

"Getting patched up." I reply, which is technically true.

"Are you still in New York?"

"Yes."

"Report to JFK in an hour. I'll have your passport and a bag waiting here for you." he demands before hanging up.

"Did he call you?" I ask Michael.

"Who?"

"Louis. He wants me to meet him at JFK."

"Where are you going?"

"He didn't say."

"You're set." Sam interrupts.

"How far are we from JFK?" I ask him.

"About twenty minutes." he answers.

The last thing I want is to leave her here like this, but I don't really have a choice. Maybe I should just take this opportunity to break things off like I had planned on doing originally.

"How much will it cost to make sure she's taken care of?" I ask him.

"Depends on how long she's here and how discreet she is." he answers.

"Do you know anyone who does in-home care? Like a private nurse?" I ask thinking of the nurse they got to tend to Perrie.

"I know this one girl. Ex-military. Very discreet."

"Call her." I demand. "She can stay here as long as she needs. I'll cover whatever it costs."

"Okay." Sam answers as he pulls his phone out.

"Is she armed?"

"Always." Sam confirms, before walking out into the hallway to make the call. He returns a few minutes later. "She'll do it."

"So she'll stay here until she can go home and then your nurse will take care of her there?" I confirm

"Yes."

"Can someone call her job, someone who doesn't have an accent, and say she had to go out of town for a family emergency." I instruct. "I'll have someone bring you some cash."

"I'll do it." Michael volunteers. I nod to him and then pull my shirt on before walking out into the hall. I walk back down to her room and slowly open the door. She's asleep, with her head turned away from me. I walk up to her bed, but don't touch her. I'm scared of waking her up.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper. "All I wanted was to keep you safe and I failed. I'm going away now. I love you and I'm sorry." I feel the emotion building in my chest again. I quietly let myself out of her room, not wanting to wake her up.

As I turn to walk back to the exam room, I nearly collide with Michael.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"I have to be." I respond. He stand there for a minute, watching me. "Listen, thank you. Thank you for everything, she would be dead if it weren't for you. You've been there for me and I appreciate it more than you will ever know."

"It's no problem." he grins. "You better get out of here before Louis comes looking for you."

Twenty minutes later, I walk into the departures gate of John F Kennedy International Airport. Louis and Keith are at the ticket counter talking with the ticket agent. Perrie motions for me to come over to here.

"Here, " she passes me a large duffle bag. "You should probably change." she motions towards the bullet hole in my pants.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I take the bag from her.

"London. We thought it best we get out of here until we have a plan."

"Who is going?"

"Us, Zayn, Keith, Niall, Louis, Preston and Paul."

"Why me?" I ask. There are other members with higher rankings that would need to be protected more than I do.

"Louis requested you for his security detail."

I take the bag from her and change in the bathroom. I meet them in the security queue a few minutes later. Once we're through security, we board a private plane for London.

The next three days are a blur of meetings and dinners with the London chapter members. The Atlantic City chapter is in shambles and no closer to identifying Bernard. It's agreed upon that we will return the Atlantic City the following day as Louis' absence could be seen as a sign of weakness.

I'm sat at a long conference table with other members going over our travel plans for our return trip when I feel my phone vibrating. No one has called or text me the entire time I've been here. I pull it out of my pocket and glance at the caller ID under the table. Unknown number. I rise from the table and walk to the back of the room. Everyone else is engaged in a heated discussion about whether we should fly private or commercial.

"Styles?" I answer.

"I want you to listen to everything I have to say and only speak when I tell you to." a rough voice on the line demands. "Say 'yes' if you understand."

"Yes." I respond as I walk out into the hallway, out of earshot of everyone else. What the hell is this?

"You're due to land in Atlantic City tomorrow at four o'clock tomorrow morning. As soon as you land you're going to find your way to Louis' office and locate an external hard drive. He keeps it in the safe under his desk. You will need to to retrieve the keys from the chain he wears around his neck to unlock the safe. You have twenty four hours from the time your flight lands to deliver them to the warehouse where the wedding took place." the voice demands. I lean back and glance into the other room making sure no one is looking for me.

"You might be asking yourself why you would agree to do this. You're going to do this for me because I have something you want."

There's a shuffling on the line before someone speaks again.

"Harry?" her voice makes my blood run cold.

"Arden? Are you okay?" I frantically speak into the receiver, trying to keep my voice down. There is some static and shuffling on the line before the voice returns.

"You tell anyone about this, she dies. You're a minute late, she dies. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I growl into the line.

"Good." the voice replies before the line goes dead.

A.N. I'm hoping to get the next chapter up today.

It will answer a lot of questions :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 59.2K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
703K 11.3K 65
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
781K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
219K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...