Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 21: A Living Legend

147 8 2
By Kenon96

As our heroes continue their journey, they take a small stop at a nearby town.

Niko: Ah, isn't today nice? Niko said as he basked in the sunlight.

Duplica: What's got you so relaxed?

Niko: Don't know. Just feels so peaceful today.

Kota: I agree. The weather feels nice and the only sound you can hear are the sounds of nature. Duplica listened closely and heard it.

Duplica: I guess you're right. This is kinda nice. Ditto, why don't we sit and relax?

Ditto: Ditto. (I agree) Our heroes lay on the ground and take in the peace.

Niko: It feels nice to just relax.

However, their peaceful time was quickly interrupted when the sound of a stampede was heard. Our heroes stood up suddenly when they hear it.

Kota: What's that?

Niko: Tauros Stampede!

Duplica: No, look over there. Duplica pointed at a mob of people running. Wonder what's going on.

They head into town and see that a lot of people are standing around talking about something. Duplica approaches one person.

Duplica: Excuse me, but do you know what's going around here?

Man 1: What? You haven't heard!? Lance of the Elite Four is coming here today!

Niko: Lance!? Niko was surprised to hear that name.

Duplica: Who's Lance?

Niko: Only one of the greatest trainer on this side of Kanto. Niko explained. Wow. I can't believe he's coming here.

Man 1: That's why everyone's here. We heard that he's gonna be judging a local Pokémon tournament and the winner can ask for anything he wants.

Duplica: I see. Huh? Duplica spots someone hiding under a bench. She then had an idea. Hey, everyone, I heard Lance is on the other side of town! She yelled causing the mob to run to the other side. Duplica stops Niko and Kota.

Niko: Duplica!

Kota: What are you doing?

Duplica: Shh. It's okay. You can come out now. Duplica said. The man hiding crawled out and took off his disguise.

Lance: Thanks. I appreciate it.

Niko: You're Lance! Niko shouted but was quickly silenced by Kota.

Duplica: No problem. You looked like you were having a tough time.

Lance: Be that as it may, I appreciate the help. Say, are you three Pokémon trainers?

Duplica: That's right. My name is Duplica and this here is Ditto.

Ditto: Ditto. (Hi)

Lance: Wow. A Ditto. Now that's a rare sight.

Niko: Um, Lance, sir? Niko said bashfully. It's nice to meet you, sir. My name is Niko. And Eevee here is my partner.

Lance: A pleasure to meet you. I don't suppose you're here to enter the Tournament in town?

Niko: Uh, yeah. But, what's this tournament all about?

Lance: Well, I guess you could say this tournament is a sort of small test for the Pokémon League.

Kota: A test?

Lance: Yes. You see this tournament is actually issued by the Pokémon. You could say it's for trainers that are midway in their journey. The goal is help trainers improve their Pokémon. The entry requirement for trainers is to at least have five badges.

Niko: Oh! I have five badges. Look. Niko showed Lance the badges he's collected.

Lance: I see. Then I'd say you're eligible to enter. I'll be seeing you there. Lance was about to leave when Niko stopped him.

Niko: Wait!

Lance: Huh?

Niko: Well, I heard that the winner of the Tournament gets their wish granted. Is that true?

Lance: Yes it is. As long as the wish is within reason of course. Until then. Lance put on his disguise and left the trio.

Kota: So, are you entering the tournament, Niko?

Niko: You better believe it! Niko said feeling pumped up.

Elsewhere, Team Rocket was seen eating food from cans.

James: I'm tired of eating all these mushy canned foods.

Jessie: I'm tired of your whining. If you don't want it then fork it over.

Meowth: Is rather give up my left paw!

Levi: Can it, all of you! Levi said. So far, you three haven't gathered any decent Pokémon. Well this time I'm gonna do all thinking. And you three are gonna follow my orders. To. The. Letter. Got it?

Team Rocket: Yes, Lil Boss! They all lined up and said.

James: Um, just out of curiosity, how will we go about this new plan? Levi looks around until he spots a certain flyer.

Levi: Heh. I got the perfect idea. And the perfect target.

Back with our heroes, they were making their way to the stadium where the local Tournament was being held. Niko was signing up at reception.

Receptionist: Sign here and your information. Also, write down the three Pokemon you will use in the tournament.

Niko: Wait, so I have to use the same Pokémon in the Tournament?

Receptionist: That's right. The ones in charge of Pokémon League believes that this adds a certain level of difficulty. She explained.

Niko: Hmm.

Duplica: Which Pokémon are you gonna use?

Niko: I know! Niko wrote down the Pokémon he'll be using on the paper. They all head to the waiting.

However, they didn't notice Levi walking over.

Levi: Hmph. So that kids here? Even better. He smirked.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket was keeping a watchful eye on the trainer whose badges they stole.

James: The Lil boss has really outdone himself on this one.

Jessie: I agree. And he told us to keep an eye on this trainer.

Meowth: He's counting on us not to screw this up.

Team Rocket: We're on tip-top shape!

Back at the tournament, Niko and the other contestants were preparing to battle.

Announcer: Thank you all for coming to Lapis Town's Annual Pokémon Tournament. The rules are as follows; the first and second rounds will be one-on-one battles. The Final Round will be a three-on-three battle. These will be sudden death rounds. And now for a word from our guest judge, Lance of the Elite Four.

The crowd goes wild seeing such a trainer come out to this event.

Lance: It truly is an honor to be here today. To see such young trainers show the fruits of their hard work. Now let's get this tournament started! Lance announced to the audiences excitement.

Announcer: The first match will be between Niko and Malcom.

Malcolm: Go, Graveler!

Niko: A Graveler.

Pokédex: Graveler, the Rock Pokémon. It rolls over any obstacle without slowing down or changing its direction.

Niko: In that case...I choose Poliwhirl!

Poliwhirl: Poli!

Announcer: Begin!

Malcom: Graveler use your Rollout! Graveler curls up into ball and charges at Poliwhirl.

Niko: Poliwhirl stop it with Blizzard! Poliwhirl holds out its hands as its attack hit Graveler, but it continued going.

Duplica: Wow. That Graveler doesn't stop!

Kota: No surprise. Rollout doesn't stop until it hits and it keeps getting stronger the more it keeps going.

Niko: Watch out, Poliwhirl! Poliwhirl dodges the first few attacks, but Graveler strikes. Poliwhirl!

Malcolm: Time to end this. Graveler, Rollout one more time! Graveler charges again.

Niko: Come on, Poliwhirl. Dowse it with your Water Gun! Poliwhirl fires at Graveler as it continues rolling. Now use Blizzard! Poliwhirl uses its icy attack.

This causes the water around Graveler to freeze up and trap it in place.

Malcolm: Graveler!

Lance: Hmm. Not bad. Lance was impressed by Niko's strategy.

Niko: Poliwhirl use your Mega Punch. Poliwhirl strikes Graveler, knocking it out.

Malcolm: Ah! Graveler!

Announcer: Niko moves on to the next round!

Niko: Yeah!

Poliwhirl: Poliwhirl! (Hooray)

Announcer: On to the final battle of the first round. Levi vs Adrian.

Adrian: Pidgeotto use your Quick Attack!

Pidgeotto: Pidgeo!!

Levi: Rhyhorn, Take Down. Rhyhorn easily knocks Pidgeotto down. Now use Horn Attack! Rhyhorn attacks while it's down, knocking it out.

Announcer: Levi moves on to the second round! Looks like we have a good row of competitors this year. Wouldn't you say, Lance?

Lance: Hmm. Lance wasn't as thrilled seeing Levi's ruthless battle style.

Niko: Use your Quick Attack! Niko and Eevee easily defeat Roy and his Grimer.

Levi: Screech, Golbat! Levi and Golbat demolish Thomas and his Ponya.

Announcer: It's been an interesting series of battles. But now we've reached the final round. Niko will be battling Levi.

Niko: Hold on. Trainers have to have at least five gym badges to get in. How'd you enter?

Levi: Hmph. I don't need to tell you a thing. Save your breath for when I beat you.

Niko: Grr.

Announcer: Now, the final match is about to begin. Just so you know, unlike most battles, this match will based on wins. The trainer with the most victories is the winner!

James: Hear that? The Lil boss is competing in the final round! James peeked out from an alley.

Jessie: Yes. And if he wins, it'll show off Team Rocket's might.

Meowth: I'll say!

James: Hold on. Jessie, I thought you were back at camp watching that trainer.

Jessie: I did. But I was going to check on how the boss' plan was going so left Meowth in charge.

Meowth: And I came here cause I wanted to make you sure you two didn't mess up the plan.

Jessie: Well, who cares? All that matters now is the Lil boss winning. James stated.

Jessie & Meowth: Yeah! They cheered.

Levi: Let's get this over with!

Niko: Poliwhirl, let's go!

Levi: Choosing a Water type. How typical. Magneton, go!

Announcer: Now for the first battle!

Levi: Unlike you I use my brain. Magneton use Thundershock!

Magneton: Magneton! (Yes sir)

Niko: Dodge it, Poliwhirl! Poliwhirl jumps up. Use Water Gun! Poliwhirl's attack hits Magneton.

Levi: Pull it together and use Swift!

Niko: Stay strong, Poliwhirl! Poliwhirl stood its ground as the stars hit it.

Lance: That Poliwhirl certainly is strong. Not matter Water types can contend equally with an Electric type.

Kota: He's playing to type advantage. Niko could be in trouble.

Duplica: I know he can win.

Niko: Use Blizzard! Poliwhirl hits Magneton full on.

Levi: Pull it together and use Thunderbolt! Magneton forces a Thunderbolt. It hits Poliwhirl.

Niko: Ah, Poliwhirl!

Levi: Thunderbolt and don't hold back! Magneton attacks once more. The electric shock finally put Poliwhirl down.

Announcer: Poliwhirl is unable to battle! Magneton wins! The crowd cheers. This round goes to Levi.

Levi: One for me. Levi calls Magnemite back.

Kota: Poliwhirl was one of his best. Levi still has Rhyhorn so he can't bring out Eevee.

Duplica: What can he do?

Niko: Guess I'm gonna have to rely on you. Let's go, Venonat!

Venonat: Venonat. (Ready)

Levi: Are you kidding me? That weaklings your third pick?

Niko: You shouldn't judge a Pokémon by its looks. My Venonat is a cut above the rest.

Venonat: Veno nat. (You betcha)

Levi: Heh. Fine. Rhyhorn crush that Bug.

Niko: Venonat, jump! The bug type leaps into the air and successfully dodged Rhyhorn. Now use Psybeam! Venonat landed a direct hit on Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn stops but starts moving strangely.

Announcer: What's this? It appears Rhyhorn is confused.

Lance: A Psybeam attack is more than likely to cause the opponent confusion.

Levi: Rhyhorn! Snap out of it! He ordered.

Niko: Now jump onto Rhyhorn's back. Venonat ran and hopped on Rhyhorn. Use Stun Spore!

Venonat: Venonat nat! It spread its spores all over Rhyhorn causing it to fall over.

Levi: Ah!

Niko: Now use your Psybeam one more time. Venonat deals the final blow and knocks out Rhyhorn.

Announcer: Rhyhorn is unable to battle! Venonat wins! This round goes Niko.

Niko: Congtats, Venonat! You won your first battle! Niko said hugging Venonat.

Venonat: Nat nat. (Thanks)

Levi: Unbelievable! Niko and Venonat look to see Levi scolding Rhyhorn. I can't believe you lost to that runt. What good are you if you can't beat that? He said with a harsh and cold tone.

Rhyhorn: Rhy. (Sorry, sir)

Niko: Hey, lay off! Rhyhorn did the best that it could do. You don't have to yell at it!

Levi: Mind your own business. It all comes down to this. Levi said pulling his last Pokémon.

Announcer: Well, folks. This match could decided it.

Lance: Yes. And I'm quite certain it'll be an interesting battle for sure.

Duplica: This is it. I hope Niko can do it.

Kota: Levi may be harsh with his Pokémon, but there's no mistaking their strength.

Duplica: Still, I know Eevee and Venomat can do it.

Ditto: Ditto.

Niko: Alright, Eevee, let's go!

Eevee: Vee!

Levi: Golbat, front and center! Levi called out.

Golbat: Golbat. (Yes, sir)

Lance: I can't wait to see what'll happen. The two trainers stare each other down as well as their Pokémon. This battle will decide it all.

Announcer: Now begin-

KA-BOOM!!!

All: !?!?

Smoke bombs were dropped from above, covering the stadium in a thick cloud. Niko and Levi, as well as Eevee and Golbat. The ones who caused this were laughing triumphantly.

Jessie: Prepare for trouble, of our sneak attack...

James: And make it double, your Pokéballs are all sacked...

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation...

James: To unite all peoples within our nation...

Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love...

James: To extend our reach to the stars above...

Jessie: Jessie!

James: James!

Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light...

James: Surrender now or prepare to fight.

Meowth: Meowth, that's right.

Niko, Duplica & Kota: Team Rocket!!

Levi: Those idiots!

Lance: Team Rocket? Lance was the most surprised. Suddenly, an arm came out of the balloon and grabbed Eevee.

Niko: Ah! Eevee!

Duplica: We can't let them get away with this.

Meowth: Like you gotta choice. Meowth pressed the button on a remote and more smoke bombs fall out covering the entire stadium in smoke. No one could see Team Rocket.

Niko: [coughing] Eevee! Where...are you?

Team Rocket: HAHAHAHA!!! As they laughed, Levi flew up to the balloon thanks to Golbat.

Levi: You wanna explain to me what you three think you're doing?

James: Ah! Lil Boss.

Jessie: Look. We captured that twerps Eevee.

Meowth: We got away with it this time too! Meowth laughed.

Levi: This is why I should do the thinking. If we're gonna steal Pokémon, why not the other contestant's Pokémon?

James: We thought of that too. James pressed another button. At the bottom of the balloon, a large ball covered with suction cups appeared. Each one shot out a line with caught one of the Pokémon.

Boy 1: Ah!

Girl 1: My Vulpix!

Boy 2: No!

Boy 3: My Pokémon are gone! They all cried out.

Jessie: Yes! It's all working perfectly.

James: For the first time we didn't screw this up.

Meowth: Yeah. Hahaha! Huh? Suddenly, something caught Meowth's attention.

Haunter: Haunter.

Meowth: Gah! Meowth shouted in surprise.

James: Where'd that thing come from?

Jessie: Who cares? Let's just get rid of it! Jessie was about to call out her Pokémon when Haunter used Lick and paralyzed her.

James: Eeh!

Haunter: Haunt! Haunter stared at Eevee.

Eevee: Vee! (Uh-oh) Haunter tried to catch Eevee, but Meowth used to controls to keep Eevee away from it.

Meowth: Paws off! This is our heist! As this was going on, Niko was trying to find a way to rescue Eevee.

Niko: This smokes too thick.

POW

Venonat: Venonat. (I'm here)

Niko: Venonat, see if you can find Eevee. Venonat nodded and used it radar eyes to spot the small Pokémon.

Venonat: Nat nat! (There!)

Niko: Use Psybeam! Venonat fired directly and destroyed the arm holding Eevee.

Eevee: Vee! It cried out until Niko caught it.

Niko: Eevee!

Meowth & James: AH! They gasped.

Lance: Dragonite, use Twister and blow the smoke away. Lance called out.

Dragonite: Barooo! Dragonite flapped it wings causing a large cyclone to blow away the smoke.

James: This isn't looking good.

Meowth: And it's about to get worse.

Jessie: Huh?

Niko: Now it's time to teach them.

Eevee: Eevee! (You bet)

Niko: Eevee, use Shadow Ball! Eevee fired its attack. Levi managed to fly away with Golbat before the attack blew up the balloon and destroyed their capturing machine. Haunter was blown away by the explosion.

Meowth: We just got licked.

Jessie: Don't say "licked!"

James: At least we left a bad taste.

Team Rocket: TEAM ROCKETS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!

After the events that transpired, everyone gathered around to hear what Lance had to say.

Lance: Due to recent findings, we have decided to disqualify Levi. So Niko is our tournaments victor by forfeit. The crowd cheered.

Duplica: That sure was an interesting match,

Kota: That's for sure.

Lance: And now, since you won the tournament, you can have any wish you want granted today.

Niko: Okay then. Then, I wish, to have a battle with you, Lance! Niko declared pointing at Lance.

Lance: Huh? Duplica and Kota were just as confused.

Eevee: Vee? (Huh) It said turning its head.

The tournament may be over, but there are still loads of excitement left. Can Niko measure up to one of the Elite Four? Stay tuned.

As The Journey Continues

OK, guys, we gotta rap some Pokémon.
You just do the singing. I'll take care of the hard part.
Let's get it on!

I want to be the best
there ever was.
To beat all the rest, yeah,
that's my cause.

Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey
Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey
Seaking, Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly
Ponyta, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all,
Pokémon!

I'll search across the land,
look far and wide.
Release from my hand
the power that's inside.

Venomoth, Poliwag, Nidorino, Golduck
Ivysaur, Grimer, Victreebel, Moltres
Nidoking, Farfetch'd, Abra, Jigglypuff
Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable, Wigglytuff

Thirty-two down, that's it for now.
Tune in next week, we'll rap at you some more.
There's 150, so watch Monday Through Friday.
You'll catch 'em all!

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all,
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 512 91
This is the start of a young girl named Mew who begins her Pokemon Journey. A young girl raised and can understand Pokemon begins her journey to beco...
10.4K 441 50
There have been multiple new and promising trainers from Pallet Town. These trainers Auro, Ash, Leaf and Gary will set out to conquer the pokémon wor...
109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
2.1K 73 42
In the town of pallet lived two boys Ash Ketchum A boy how wanted to be a Pokémon master and Green how dreams becoming the world strongest set out on...