it's just me and you | klaus...

By malevia666

ꜱʜᴇ ᴘᴜᴛꜱ ʜᴏᴛ ɪɴ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏᴛɪᴄ Jade Forbes, a little psychotic older sister of Caroline comes back to Mystic Falls... More

J A D E F O R B E S
author's note !
0 | i'm just a child
0.i | safe house
0.ii | goodbye mystic falls
i. | the big easy life
ii. | home sweet home
iii. | everything is not right
iv. | losing my mind
v. | jade holmes
vi. | kitty kat just loves to mess with siblings
vii. | in the loop
viii. | c'mere doggy doggy
ix. | unexpected friendships
x. | blood, tears, weird salvatores
xi. | meeting an original
xii. | this dinner tastes quite deadish
xiii. | overdue confrontations
xiv. | hate at first sight
xv. | i was not enchanted to meet you
xvi. | the truth
xvii. | darker side of the coin
xviii. | two rippers are better than one
ACT TWO
i. | couples that torture together, stay together
ii. | alone together
iii. | blondes have more fun
iv. | that's a wrap!
v. | deadly p.e
vi. | psychosuit
vii. | spooky shit
viii. | welcome home, jade
x. | teen romance
xi. | alea iacta est
xii. | chaotic evil
xiii. | mors tua, vita mea
xiv. | cara mia
xv. | in da club
xvi. | the wolf and his moon
xvii. | sweetheart
xviii. | to all the future mornings
xix. | partners in crime

ix. | daddy issues

13.3K 628 1.5K
By malevia666

chapter 27

Stop and wait a sec
When you look at me like that, my darlin', what did you expect?
I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck
Or I did last time I checked

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JADE GROANED IN DISTASTE as she walked through the parking lot of the airport in her home state, eyes barely open as they flicked over the beautiful landscape of Virginia. Finding Caroline's car, she swung open the passenger door and threw herself on the seat, sighing in defeat.

Caroline and Katherine exchanged amused glances and then poked their gazes back into the blonde. "I don't even know what's better at this point; Mystic Falls or New Orleans." Jade mumbled under her breath. Then, she paused, rolling her eyes. "Nevermind, it's still New Orleans." She muttered in annoyance. "How's my child?" She questioned, a little black ball of fur in her mind. 

"How was it?" Younger Forbes asked, smiling slightly as she started to drive back to Mystic Falls. Then, she threw a pointed glance at her older sister. "Seatbelt." She said firmly. "And Morti's... fine. Mostly. She totally didn't tear my favorite blouse and didn't pee on my bed." Caroline said, her left eye twitching slightly.

Jade barked a laugh in amusement, shaking her head. 

That's her daughter.

After a pause, Caroline's words echoed in her mind. "I'm a vampire." She deadpanned, giving her a look.

Caroline responded with slight narrowment of her eyes. "Seatbelt." She repeated, her voice commanding.

Jade rolled her eyes, stealing a glance at Katherine in the back. Seeing that she, too, had her seatbelt fastened, she couldn't help but snort in amusement, to which the brunette rolled her eyes. "At first it was cool, Cami finally believed in the supernatural when I presented her my fangs." She said as she relaxed back into her seat.

Caroline's eyebrows jumped up. "Couldn't you start with something a little... milder?" She questioned, wrinkling her nose as she uttered the last word.

Jade hummed in mock thought. "No, not really." She replied after a pause, earning a snort from the doppelgänger. "Her face was just..." She trailed off, kissing the tips of her fingers. "Besides, it was better than having her bang her head against the wall." She said knowingly as she twisted her head around to Katherine, flashing her an annoyed smirk.

"Too bad you didn't see your face then." The doppelgänger snickered with a cheeky tug of her lips, leaning back on her seat. "I could've taken a pic." She shook her head to herself.

Jade narrowed her eyes at her. "Funny." She deadpanned, not a hint of amusement on her features, to which Katherine send her a wink.

"Poor Cami." Caroline shook her head with a sigh. Second later, she furrowed her eyebrows, glancing side-ways to her sister. "Wait, 'at first it was cool'?"

"Yeah..." Jade trailed off, rubbing her forehead. "Remember Marcel?" She asked, arching one of her eyebrows at the other blonde.

"That weirdo who wouldn't stop smilling at me?" Caroline asked.

"Yup." Jade let out a loud pop of her lips. "Don't worry, he's always like that." She explained with a little amused smirk on her lips. Then, she paused, her face contorted in thought. "Actually, it's kinda creepy when I think about it." She tilted her head, eyes fixed ahead as her face was scrunched. "Nevermind." She dismissed after a while, waving her hand in the air. Turning to her sister with mock seriousnes, she spoke up again. "He's the king. Of New Orleans."

Caroline glanced at her sister with a raised eyebrow. "King." She echoed.

"Believe me, I cringed too."

Caroline blinked, turning her eyes back to the road. "That's so... guy-ish." She said, souring her face.

"Right?" Jade huffed in amusement, fixing her eyes in the window.

Jade concluded that she would keep another key piece of information, namely that Marcel is the adopted son of the Original Hybrid, to herself. At least for now. All in all, there wasn't even a point in telling them, since they didn't know Gerard. Besides, Jade needed time to digest this fucked-up information on her own.

Very, very fucked-up information.

"How's daddy dearest?" Jade questioned, still staring through the window. "Ours, I mean." She added after a second, rolling eyes to herself.

Caroline awkwardly kissed her teeth. "Actually..." She trailed off, glancing at the doppelgänger in her reaview mirror, to which she merely looked knowingly at Jade, giving a silent order to tell her the truth. "We found him. Yesterday." She concluded, pursing her lips and fixing her eyes on the road ahead.

Jade momentarily widened her eyes, whipping her head to her sister. "What?!" She barked, eyes darting between two women. "Why the hell don't I know anything?"

"You wanted your day of peace!" Caroline exclaimed in defense, shrugging her shoulders.

Jade scoffed, shaking her head. "You're all so full of shit." She muttered under her breath. "It's not peace when something's happening and I just don't know about it!"

"Shut up, J." Katherine grumbled from behind the blonde. "Maybe some 'thank you'?" She cocked her head to the side, raising her eyebrows at the back of Jade's head.

Jade hummed, twisting to the brunette with a sweet smile. "Sure. There it is." She chirped, showing her favorite finger right into her face, which Katherine swatted away in annoyance. "Where is he, then?" She asked.

Katherine threw the girl an another irritated look and leaned back in her seat, folding her arms. "He bought some cabin in some shithole near Richmond called Paineville." She answered.

Jade hummed. "Fitting." She said, glancing upwards and pulling her lips, earning a snort from the doppelgänger. "Does mum know?" She asked, twisting her head towards her sister.

"Yeah." Caroline breathed out with a sigh. "She knows, but she can't do anything as Sheriff. I mean, she can't send any patrol or anything, her area doesn't cover that far." She explained.

Katherine let out a knowing smirk. "Well, maybe she couldn't, but us on the other hand..." She trailed off, exchanging a meaningful glance with Caroline, who responded with a subtle smile.

Jade raised her eyebrows as she watched the two. "So? What's... up with him?" She asked a little hesistantly.

"Basically, nothing. He sits in that shitty shack of his and doesn't come out." Katherine said, rolling her eyes. "Weird way of enjoying freedom, if you ask me." She flashed her eyebrows up and down.

Jade took a deep breath and connected her worried eyes with Caroline's, who shared her expression. With an another sigh, she turned in her seat and stuck her gaze out the window again, her mind busy with swirling thoughts.

Nothing? Yeah, right. Bill Forbes has always been like that. Calm, composed, closed in, not letting anything show. The Forbes sisters knew this well, so when Katherine said nothing, they knew that something was up, after all.

"Home, sweet fucking home." She mumbled under her breath, shaking her head to herself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jade, Katherine and Caroline drank their favorite morning drink━coffee mixed with blood at the Forbes residence, gossiping and catching up about the last day. Mostly it was the older blonde who talked about New Orleans, due to the fact that Katherine and Caroline didn't have much to talk about, having hunted for William Forbes for most of the day.

As soon as the girl crossed the threshold of her house, Morticia came running with a loud whine, climbing up her pants and jumping on her shoulder. Jade laughed at this, feeling like in those YouTube videos of soldiers returning to their homes after four years.

Caroline complained about Tyler being Klaus' lapdog, which she didn't quite enjoy. She complained about how weidly close he was with Rebekah, and most complained about how her older sister found the whole thing absolutely hilarious.

It was!

Jade tried to soothe her younger sister, assuring her that Rebekah didn't have the slightest desire to be around Tyler, just like Caroline. She was just making sure he got used to his vampirism, and she swore on her life that Bekah didn't want to steal him from her.

I mean━who would want to? Ew.

"Okay, I gotta go." Caroline announced, getting up from the couch and picking up her bag from the floor.

Jade grimaced as she petted Morti. "Where?" She questioned and Katherine snorted in amusement, striding towards the kitchen to refill the blood in their mugs.

Caroline snapped her head towards her sister with raised eyebrows. "Um, I don't know, school?"

Jade waved her hand dismissively and reclined on the couch. "I forgot you're a child." She mumbled under her breath.

"And I always forget you're an adult." Caroline shot back with a deadpanned look. She was about to turn around and leave, but a thought crossed her mind. "I got you into the Homecoming Dance, by the way."

Jade immediately frowned.  "Absolutely not. Too many homecomings in one week." She grumbled under her breath. Second later, she whipped her head towards her sister. "And I'm literally 22. Almost 23." She added, arching an eyebrow.

"Oh, c'mon! You never been on yours!" Younger Forbes exclaimed, throwing her hand in the air.

Jade spread out her arms. "Not without a reason! They suck, and I prefer to drink real alcohol and not rub up against some pimpleheads." She spat in distaste, grimacing at the thought.

That's right. When Jade was finishing high school in New Orleans, she didn't go to Homecoming. No, she went to a rave. Was that a good idea? No. Was it a much cooler and fun idea? Hell to the fuck yes. Nevermind that this was when she almost OD'd on amphetamines.

Oops, am I right?

"That one will be different." Caroline pressed.

Jade remained skeptical. "Yeah? How so?"

"Because I'm the one organizing it, hello?" Caroline declared, her hands on her hips, as if it were the most obvious reason.

"Jesus." Jade breathed, rubbing her face with her hands. "Do I have to?" She questioned in defeat.

Caroline was determined. "Yes!"

Jade let out a soft groan and slumped back onto the couch. "Can Kat come?" She asked, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

Caroline nodded eagerly, her smile sweet. "Of course, just first let me warn everyone that Elena Gilbert's missing twin has found her way home after eighteen years." She chirped, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

A snort of amusement could be heard from the kitchen.

Jade rolled her eyes. "Ugh, fine."

"Really?"

"Sure, why not spend a Friday night moshing to shitty pop music and drinking watered-down soda? Sounds like a night I'll never forget."  Jade quipped with mock excitement, gasping dramatically.

Caroline wasn't amused. "It'll be great, lose the attitude." She grumbled, adjusting the bag on her shoulder and begining to walk towards the front door.

"Whatever." Jade muttered under her breath, crossing her legs on the coffee table.

"It will! Mark my words!" Caroline exclaimed in the distance, before a loud slam of the door echoed in the house.

Jade raised her eyebrows up and down, taking a deep breath. Before she had time to lament how awful the Homecoming Dance would be, Katherine took a seat next to her on the couch, handing her a mug of blood. "It's going to be a disaster, isn't it?" Jade questioned in defeat as she took a sip.

"You don't even know how much." Katherine replied, briefly widening her knowing eyes.

Jade furrowed her eyebrows at her expression. "You know something." She stated.

"Duh." The Pierce woman rolled her eyes, putting the mug down on the coffee table before turning to the curious blonde. "They're planning something, I don't really know what, due to the fact that I wasn't in town yesterday, but Damon reached out to me." She revealed and Jade immediately raised her eyebrows in disbelief. "For help." The doppelgänger added in amusement, shaking her head.

Jade scoffed. "You've got to be shitting me." She muttered before drowning her drink in one go.

Katherine hummed. "He wanted me to replace Elena at tonight's dance." She explained, a snort of amusement escaping her lips at the absurdity.

Jade bust into laughter. "Oh, my God." She breathed, her head shaking. "He's delusional."

"That's what I told him." Katherine huffed in amusement. "With the addition of a few vulgarities, of course."

"Of course." Jade echoed with a nod.

Katherine smiled at the blonde, before clicking her tongue against her teeth, taking a sip from her mug. "So, whatever they're planning, it's big. Big enough that they don't want their precious Elena in the line of fire."

Jade sighed, leaning back on the couch. "We need to call Bex and 'Lijah for some more info." She said, runnig her hand through her hair, her mind turning into scheming mode.

"I would try with the latter. I doubt Rebekah will tell you anything since she changed sides, team murder and all that."

"I guess you're right..." Jade trailed off with a nod, her thoughtful gaze fixed at nothing in particular. "Wait." She muttered to herself, earning a curious glance from her friend. "Why aren't you? You hate him." She questioned, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Katherine's demanour shifted and she darted her eyes around herself, suddenly awkward. "Yeah, well..." She trailed off, emptying her mug and putting it on the table. Jade furrowed her eyebrows as she watched her in confusion. "I wanted his death for five hundred years, I hated him to the core━still do, but..." She trailed off again awkwardly, earning a raised eyebrow from the blonde. Then, the doppelgänger sighed in defeat, leaning back on the couch. "J, I can see it on your face every time his name comes up. Even now." She looked at her pointedly.

Jade scrunched her face. "What━"

"━You're the first friend I have managed to make in my five hundred years of life without deals, scheming, ulterior motives, or any kind of benefits." She admitted, her tone somber. When Jade's lips started to twist into a cheeky smirk, she rolled her eyes and raised her palm. "Stop, I'm trying to be heartfelt." She grumbled.

Jade huffed in amusement. "Okay, okay. Go on."

Katherine shook her head, a smirk on her lips. Few seconds later, she cleared her throat, continuing her confession. "With you I feel like a normal girl again, drinking and gossiping like a teenager━I haven't had anyone like that in five hundred years. If keeping it up requires giving up my urge to murder... so be it." She breathed, slightly shrugging her shoulders as she locked her gaze with the now bewildered blonde.

"Are you serious?" Jade questioned in shock.

Katherine rolled her eyes. "No, I'm joking. Sike!" She wiggled her hands in the air with a tight smile, earning an unamused look from the Forbes woman. "Of course I'm serious." She said, her sarcastic facade falling. "Believe me, it doesn't come easily to me, but.... well." She chuckled a bit humorlessly, her gaze distant. "For the first time in my life I choose friendship over hate." She muttered awkwardly.

Jade pulled her lips, touching her chest. "Kat, one more word and I'm gonna cry."

Katherine grimaced. "Please, don't. It's making me uncomfortable." She said in distaste.

"Bitch." Jade blurted out, slightly pushing the brunette.

Katherine huffed in amusement, a thought crossing her mind. "It's really interesting how you didn't deny my words about Klaus, by the way." She said cheekily. Before Jade had any chance of response, she contunued. "And..." She trailed off, her tone turning more serious. "I'm leaving."

Jade's frustration immediately vanished. "What?" She barked, twisting her head to the brunette in a flash. "Why? Where? For how long?"

Katherine sighed. "I may have given up my desire to kill Klaus, but he hasn't given up his desire to kill me." She explained with a raised eyebrow, and Jade pursed her lips, silently agreeing. "He and I together in one town equals someone's death. And I sincerely doubt that it will be his." The doppelgänger pointed out, her head twitching to the side. Gears started to turn in the blonde's head, but Katherine hand on her thight tore her from her thoughts. "But if you swallow your pride and admit you need me, I'll come." She said with a little smile, earning a snort in response. "Whether it's for a girls' night out or to kill the Salvatore." She said with a mischievious smirk, and Jade mirrored her. "Well, same thing, actually." She added after a second, kissing her teeth.

"I'll get it done." Jade declared, her face turning more serious.

Katherine furrowed her eyebrows. "Get what done?" She questioned in confusion.

"Your freedom."

The Pierce woman barked a laugh, her head shaking. "Yeah, good luck with that." She patted the blonde on her shoulder.

"I'm serious." Jade said, swatting the brunette's hand away with an irritated look.

Katherine nodded mockingly. "Sure, honey. I only tried it for five hundred years without success."

Jade scoffed, folding her arms. "Well, you didn't have an sidekick named Jade Forbes with very good persuasion skills." She pointed out, raising an eyebrow as a slow smirk started to form on her lips.

The doppelgänger's eyebrows jumped to her hairline. "Are those good persuasion skills another name for your tits?"

"Maybe."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

So Katherine left, claiming she needed to put as many miles between herself and Klaus as possible in the shortest amount of time. Jade didn't like the idea, but she conceded the point to her favorite doppelganger━Klaus would kill her if he layed his eyes on her, or lock her up somewhere and torture her again. But on the other hand, the Pierce woman helped them with Mikael, so... she had some points. Jade just hoped Klaus would appreciate them. If not, well...

She can be persuasive.

But that's nothing new, really.

As Jade changed into fresh clothes, she dialed Rebekah's numer and placed her phone on the bed. When signal after signal sounded and finally no answer, the girl grimaced, tightening her her belt.

The blonde knew that they were sort of on two different sides now━but to ignore her? Hell no! So the girl tried again. And again. And again. Being annoyed to the point of impossibility, she sent her a text message full of curses, and then dialed the number of another Original.

"Where are you?" She questioned sharply as soon as she heard him pick up.

Elijah chuckled softly. "Good morning, Jade. How was your trip?" He questioned politely, which made Jade's blood boil as she rolled her eyes and left her bedroom, quickly descending the stairs. "Out-fucking-standing, where are you?" She repeated herself, grabbing Caroline's car keys.

"In your family's cabin." The Original answered. Jade hummed and swung open the car's door, slipping on the driver's seat. "Judging by your tone, I'm assuming something happened." He said, his tone a little concerned.

"Yes, yes..." She smirked as she started the car. She heard him beginning to speak but cut him off.  "I'll be there in ten, and then I'm going to kill your old ass." She hissed into the device before hanging up, flooring the gas pedal, and causing the tires to squeal as she left her driveway.

As promised, the girl parked in front of her family cabin ten minutes later. Stepping quickly out of the car and slamming the door behind her, she walked briskly into the cottage.

"I'm gonna kill you, Elijah!" She exclaimed as she burst through the door, threateningly pointing at the Original with her finger.

Elijah raised one of his eyebrows at the woman, a hint of an amused smirk creeping on his lips.

She was about to open her mouth, but another voice chimed in. "Ah, if it isn't that my favourite ripper. How was your flight, sweetheart?" Klaus' voice resounded through the cabin and Jade looked at Elijah like a deer struck in headlights.

Second later, she realized that his voice was coming through a phone.

Jesus fuck, he's making her loose her braincells.

Elijah's smirk deepend at her reaction and he was about to say something, but she was faster. "Shut up!" She shouted to both of the brothers. "Why the hell you didn't say anything?" She questioned, accusingly throwing her hand in Elijah's direction.

"I wanted you to be able to enjoy your getaway in peace." He answered nonchalantly as he leaned back on the couch, his legs crossing.

"You promised to call me!" She exclaimed, her voice a little whiny. "You gave me your━" She began, but she paused when she saw his smug expression. "You little shit. You didn't give me your word." She stated, her eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Gotta love loopholes." That was all he said, recalling her own words with a smug smile.

Jade scoffed. "You sneaky devil." She mumbled as she shot daggers at him.

Daggers, get it?

Elijah merely chuckled, and she heard that Klaus did, too. "I'm going to kill you!" She exclaimed again, taking brisk steps towards the amused Original.

"Can we focus on one fratricide at a time?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly, brother." Klaus chimed in, earning an eyeroll from the blonde. "I'll arrive in Mystic Falls in a few hours with my hybrids. When daddy dearest makes his entran"

"━Hello!" Jade interrupted, shaking her head and using her hands to emphasize her frustration. "Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Jade, won't you be a darling and just stay at ho"

"━Won't you be a darling and focus on the road instead of asking stupid questions?" She spat, glaring at Elijah's phone.

Elijah, sitting calmly on the couch, raised his eyebrows, his eyes darting back and forth between Jade and the device like a game of ping pong. When Jade shot him a questioning look, he attempted to provide some context. "Damon Salvatore has informed us of their little plan. They're conspiring with our father to lure Niklaus back to town, and he's already received a call from Stefan, hours ago."

Jade furrowed her eyebrows as she sat down beside thr Original on the couch. "What call?" She asked. When none of the brothers said a word, her curious face fell, replaced by a pissed off one. With a huff, she started to stand up. "You know what, why don't I just go to the Boarding House and━"

"Elijah, stop that insufferable woman." Klaus interrupted, his tone exasperated.

Jade whirled around in a flash, her blazing eyes fixated on the phone. "Insufferable woman?" She echoed incredulously. "Oh, when I see you today I'm gonna do much worse things to you than your daddy eve━"

"Do you really wanna play this ga"

"━Oh, I wanna! Do you wanna suck my di━"

"━Children, please. Jade." Elijah interjected, raising his palm towards the blonde to maintain some semblance of order.

Jade's head twitched to the side, eyes briefly closing. "What. Call."

The Original sighed, leaning back on the couch. "Stefan Salvatore called my dear brother and told him about the tragic demise of our father." He revealed.

Jade's eyebrows disappeared under her fringe as her mind tried to process the information.  "The fuck?" It was all she menaged to reply.

"They daggered him."  Elijah clarified.

Jade blinked at him, her expression blank.

"How... in the holy fuck," She began, her eyes closing as she gestured with her hands. "Did dumb and dumber and Elena fucking Gilbert daggered an Original Vampire, from whom other Original Vampires ran in fear for a thousand years?" Her words tumbled out in a rush, her disbelief evident.

"Ah, and that's the trick, sweetheart," Klaus spoke up, a hint of bitter amusement in his tone. "They really did dagger him. Mikael let them do it willingly, since Stefan couldn't lie to me because of my compulsion on him." He explained, and she could hear a faint scream in the background, which made both Jade and Elijah furrow their eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" She questioned in suspicion.

"Driving." He replied simply.

"What was that scream?" She pressed, sitting back down beside Elijah.

"Some middle aged man." He answered, his tone nonchalant, earning an eyeroll from both vampires.

She rubbed her forehead in exasperation. "Why was he screaming?"

"Because I hit him with my car."

Jade couldn't help but let out an involuntary snort of amusement, hiding her face in her hands. "I need a drink." She mumbled. Second later, glanced at Elijah. "Or three." She stated, and the Original chuckled. When she heard Klaus' laugh chime in, she twisted her head towards the device. "Or seven." She muttered, shooting the device a pointed look, his ungodly laughter echoing in her mind. Standing up, she flashed her eyebrows up and down. "What about Bekah?" She asked as she retrieved a whiskey bottle from the kitchen cabinet.

"She affirmed Stefan's words, which confirmed my brother's paranoia was correct." Elijah answered, sighing a little. "Rebekah switched to Mikael's side, and then no one's heard from her since."

Jade furrowed her eyebrows as she poured the alcohol into two glasses. "She's not answering from you either?" She questioned as she glanced at the man.

Elijah looked at her in surprise for few seconds. "She didn't even answer when it was you calling?" He questioned, his eyes narrowing.

"No...?" She drawled, walking up to the Original and handing him his drink. "Original Paranoia, any thoughts?" She questioned, glacing at the phone while she took a sip of the amber liquid.

There was a pause, and then a little huff of irritation. "If my darling little sister isn't taking calls from even you," The hybrid began, his tone knowing. "And we haven't received any new information from the Salvatore in the last hour, that can only mean one thing."

"Niklaus, you don't think they━"

"Oh, I certainly do, brother." Klaus quicky interrupted. "Two daggers are plunged into the hearts of our siblings; you have one, and one is supposedly in Mikael's little, rotten stone, some may call it a heart. Where is the last one, then?" He questioned in a bitter tone.

Jade scoffed, taking a mighty gulp of her drink. "I'm gonna kill them, if they've daggered her."

"You are not the only one, sweetheart." Klaus muttered in annoyance.

"We don't know if that's what really hapenned." Elijah tried to reason, rubbing his forehead as gears turned in his head.

"Sure, 'cause they suddenly started to trust Rebekah━the sister of the guy they want to kill, after you ditched them at the last minute when they wanted to kill him for the first time." Jade deadpanned, earning a thoughtfull look and then nod from the Original. "What else?" She questioned aloud.

"I'm taking over Homecoming." Klaus replied in a such tone, that she could literally see his stupid smirk threatening to split his face in half.

The blonde blinked blankly. "Come again?"

"Well, I've been planning my father's wake for a thousand years, don't you think it would be the perfect occasion?"

"Mikaelson," She grumbled. When Elijah snapped his gaze to hers, she waved her hand in the air, rolling her eyes. "The more annoying one." She muttered, pointing at the device, making Elijah's lips tug upwards in amusement. "How old were you when you were turned?"

"Why is that relevant?" Klaus asked, his tone already exasperated.

"Just answer the question, okay?"

"Twenty-three."

"Well, that's shocking, because I thought it would be fifteen!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "Homecoming, really?"

Klaus sighed, probably pinching the skin between his eyebrows in annoyance."What's the issue?"

"The issue is..." She trailed off, rubbing her forehead with her fingers, eyes closing. "My sister will bring Hell to Earth."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A short time later, the girl returned home, finding Caroline there who had already managed to get home from school, getting ready for the dance. Jade asked her little sister if she knew anything about the plans of her lovely group of friends, to which the girl━shockingly━replied that she did not.

Impossible!

"I can't believe this!" Caroline exclaimed furiously as she put her earrings on, glaring at herself in the mirror. "Why the hell would they keep that from me?" She shouted.

"Aren't you used to it by now?" Jade mused as she sprawled on her little sister's bed, examining her nails.

Caroline scoffed and shot a glare at Jade through the mirror. Without warning, she grabbed a random object from her vanity and hurled it in her older sister's direction. The makeup brush struck Jade squarely in the forehead, causing her to flinch and let out a small laugh. "Fuck off, I'm already pissed enough." She snapped, and Jade snorted in amusement, massaging her aching spot. "Are they stupid? No, no, no. They're brainless!" Younger Forbes exclaimed as she pulled out her black stilettos, putting them on. "Yes, because why not trust a thousand year old guy who literally eats vampires for breakfast to kill another bad guy and not kill anyone else in the process? Like, seriously?" She questioned aloud, earning an amused chuckle from behind herself. "Ugh, how can they be so stupid?"

"Question of the year." Jade quipped as she watched her sister and listened to her rambling.

"But why would they not tell m━" Caroline paused in realization, turning to Jade with a scoff. "They don't trust me." She stated, a tight smile on her lips.

Jade sighed, nodding. "Hybrid boyfriend on Klaus' every whim." She summarized with a pointed glance.

"Yup." Caroline nodded, her lips letting out a loud pop. After a moment of contemplation, she scoffed again and pointed at her sister. "You know what? I'm gonna go to the stupid dance and tell them exactly what I think of them." She hissed in anger.

Jade arched an eyebrow, a smirk slowly stretching her lips. "Careful, Carrie, your Jade is showing." She teased in amusement.

"Good!" Caroline exclaimed furiously, throwing her hands in the air as she stormed out of her bedroom, her heels echoing throughout the house.

Hearing her sister being downstair already, Jade stood up and flashed to the bannister of the staircase. "Don't do anything stupid until I'll be there!" She shouted into the house. After the front door slammed shut with a resounding thud, Jade rolled her eyes. "This bitch." She muttered under her breath, lazily walking to her own room.

After taking a hot shower, the woman sat at her vanity and straightened her hair, with an Arctic Monkeys album playing softly in the background, her mind occupied with the upcoming evening.

Anything could happen. Of course, Jade doubted that Klaus or anyone from the Original Family (with the exeption of the daddy) would go to heaven today━sorry, hell━but the fear still loomed in the back of the blonde's head.

Their plan was good, they knew everything. Well, they hoped they knew everything, since Rebekah's compulsion over the Salvatore lifted with the moment of her temporary death. If not everything, then at least the most necessary part. There's a party, Mikael shows up with a white oak stake, he wants to kill Klaus, Klaus and Elijah say no, no, no and kill his ass instead and everyone is happy.

Except a few people, but they don't really matter.

Jade's thoughts returned to her sister and her position in all this. Will she finally notice that her so-called friends don't give a damn about her and her feelings? Jade hoped she will, if she didn't realize it as they tried to save only the Gilbert girl from the ritual, she hoped she will now, when they hid their entire plan because they didn't trust her.

As if on cue, her phone rang out, her little sister's name flashing on the screen.

"You won't believe this!" Caroline disturbed voice resounded from the other line as soon as she anwered, causing her to slighly pull from the device at the volume.

"What's the matter now?" She questioned, putting it back to her ear.

"The gym's flooded!" She exclaimed, her voice more a squeak than anything else.

Jade gasped, banging her hand on the vanity. "Oh, no! What are we gonna do now?!" She shouted in mock distress.

"It's not funny, J!" Caroline yelled in anger. "The party's canceled!"

"That's totally a brand new information!" Jade exclaimed dramatically, grinning to herself in the mirror.

Yeah, when Klaus told her that he was 'taking over' (eyeroll) the Homecoming, he said that the grand demise of his step-father won't be held in some revolting and vile high school gym. So, he called his precious minion, ordering to host the party at his mansion.

Dramatic much?

Very much.

Jade began to understand Rebekah's words at that being a family's trait.

"Tyler's moving the party to his house, so go there." Caroline instructed firmly. Second later, she started to speak again, her tone suspicious. "Wait, what do you mean━"

"━Shhh," Jade interrupted, making weird noises, pretending that there is no signal. "Sorry, I'm about to lose you, 'cause I'm about to drive into a tunnel in a canyon on an airplane while hanging up the phone." Jade rushed out. After a beat of silence, she started to hiss again. "Shhh━" And then hung up.

With an amused snort, she put her phone back on her vanity and resmued straightening her hair. As her thoughts wandered back to the Original Family, she couldn't help but to think about Rebekah. Maybe she could quickly sneak into the Boarding House and steal her corpse? After all, she had some practice.

Finishing her hair, she grabbed her phone again and sent a quick text to Elijah.

fav sexy vamp
r the salvatores there?

fav original
Stefan yes
Damon no

fav sexy vamp
ok thx
i need to teach u how to text omg

fav original
What is wrong with it

fav sexy vamp
literally everything
xoxo

fav original
Lol

Jade immediately burst into laughter, staring at the screen in amusement. Well, he did know what OMG meant, so why not that...

Gotta love Elijah.

With a little shake of her head, she put the phone back on the vanity table, her amusement quickly dropping as she realized that her 'save Bex' plan went to shit with the older Salvatore being inside the house.

As started on her makeup, a new plan started to form inside her head. Glancing towards her mother's bedroom, she couldn't help but smirk mischieviously.

"But she's not nice... she's pretty fucking far from nice..." She sang quietly alongside Alex Turner as she worked on her sharp eyeliner.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Leaning against a column in front of the Salvatore Boarding House's imposing entrance, Jade exhaled a long plume of smoke, her stormy blue eyes fixed on the door, listening for any other voices beside Damon's. 

Yeah, he liked to talk to himself. 

Jade wondered if it was an ego thing or a psychotic thing.  

After a few minutes, she casually flicked the spent cigarette to the ground, crushing it under her heel. With a malevolent smile, she knocked gently on the door.

Damon's voice filled with irritation started to protest. "Elena, I swear to God, everything's gonna b━" 

His words were abruptly cut off when he swung open the door, only to be met with the sight of the blonde. Her smirk seemed to mock him, and she tilted her head provocatively.

"Fine?" She questioned, savoring the furious expression on Damon's face. "I don't think so." She whispered menacingly.

Damon moved to slam the door in her face, but Jade had other plans. She curled her fingers around the wooden door and swung it back open. In one swift motion, she grabbed his hand that held the doorknob and twisted it, the audible snapping sound echoing in the dimly lit hallway.

Damon let out a pained groan, but didn't waste any time to retaliate. As she passed the threshold, he grabbed her by her hair and pushed her forcefully against the wall, her face meeting the cold wooden pannel. Cursing under her breath as she felt feeling her blood trickle down her nose, she reached behind herself and grabbed his neck, resulting in him doing a literal cartwheel in the air before she pushed him to the floor. She quickly brought her hand to her bra, but the Salvatore stopped her, grabbing her ankle and tossing her to the ground, immediately flashing over her and wrapping his hand around her throat.

"What the hell do you even want?" He questioned as he inched his face dangerously closer to hers, his grip on her airways getting firmer by seconds.

Jade huffed, a hint of amusement creeping into her expression. "That's for me to know, and for you to..." She choked out, a sly smirk forming on her face.

As soon as her words left her lips, she grabbed his head with her free hand and pulled him closer, sinking her fangs right into his neck, tearing his artery like a wild animal. In result, Damon's grip on her throat loosened a little, and she menaged to roll them both backwards, ending up with her being on top of him. She swung her leg to the side, trying to straddle him, but he was quick to react, rolling to the side to avoid her mounting him. They both scrambled to their feet in a tangled mess of limbs and adrenaline.

She charged at him, attempting a roundhouse kick, but Damon caught her leg mid-air. With a wicked grin, he twisted her leg, attempting to bring her to the ground, but Jade used her free leg to kick him in the face, her heel slashing his cheek and nose.

She had a black belt for a reason, duh.

Damon stumbled back, but reacted quickly, flashing towards her and pushing her against the stairs, his hand curling against her neck as he banged her head against it.

"I'm stronger, Harley." He hissed, enjoying her pained expression, his own blood dripping on her face and neck. 

"Maybe." She menaged to choke out. "But I'm smarter." She said with a smirk, reaching sideways and breaking one rung from the stair railing and driving it between his ribs. As he let out an agonal scream in pain, she curled her leg and kicked him in the chest, the vampire sent flying backwards at the impact, his body crashing into some furtniture in the living room.

As she scrambled to her feet, she watched him carefully when he pulled the impromtu stake from his side with a pained grunt. "Heard your boyfriend came back to town. Don't you have anything better to do?" He bit out, throwing the wood into the distance, his face furious as he wiped it with the back of his hand. 

Jade hummed maliciously, cocking her head to the side. "Jealous?" She said with mock sympathy, taking slow, dangerous steps towards the Salvatore.

"Not in the slightest." He retorted before he lunged at her, but she anticipated it. She sidestepped his attack and used his momentum against him, sending him crashing into the wall.

Before he had any time to process what was going on, she flashed towards him and smashed his face against the wooden pannels, a little revenge for his first attack. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." She hissed into his ear. With a angered huff, he flashed around and the two were tangled in a loop of punches and blocks, but━unfortunately for Damon━Jade was a professional, she knew exactly where the weak points were in human's body and loved to use them to her advantage. 

Well, he may have been a vampire, but he still had a human body, ya know?

As she kept his arms locked, putting just the right amount of pressure on his forearms, she reached to her bra and, in one swift move, plunged a vervain syringe right into his now healed neck. 

"That helps, too, actually." She whispered into his face, letting go of his arms. He tried to lunge at her again, but she took one step back with a smirk, effortlessly avoiding his swing. As she observed his body getting weaker and weaker, she couldn't help but smirk. "Nighty-night, Damon." She cooed with a sardonic wave of her hand, her eyes following his descent to the floor.

Sighing, she turned on her heel and nonchalantly tossed her hair over her shoulder, beginning to walk to their cellar.

"Fuckface ruined my lipstick." She muttered to herself in annoyance as she passed some mirror in the hallway.

Ignoring it for the moment, the girl quickly found the basement door and went downstairs. Opening the brass cell door, the grayish-blue body of her friend appeared to her eyes.

When she saw that the girl was prepared for the event, her hair being curled and her body hugged by some red party dress, Jade gritted her teeth in anger.  

Those fuckers.

Jade knew how much Rebekah cared about these mundane matters, namely school. The girl had never really been a teenager, and digging in the dirt or picking raspberries a trillion years ago didn't count. Rebekah wanted to experience normal, modern life━joining the cheerleading squad, going to parties or just experiencing her first school dance.

Well, normal for some people.

Jade sighed, crounching beside the temporarily dead vampire. "C'mon, Bex." She murmured, gently brushing her hair off her face. "Us girls have to stick together, right?" She said with a knowing smile, her eyes soft as they raked over her form.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jade left Rebekah's body in her family cabin, pulling out a dagger and leaving it to the blonde. On the way to the Lockwood residence, the girl made a small stop at her own home, improving her appearance slightly. Smudged makeup was unacceptable! Well, and she was also a little soiled with blood, which is also supposedly not allowed...

Boo. 

Jade parked in front of the imposing Lockwood house, automatically raising an eyebrow as her gaze fell on the literal entire state population state sprawled across the yard.

"Right, family trait." She mumbled under her breath as she got out of the car and slammed the door behind herself, her heels clicking satisfyingly against the ground as she strode towards the entrance. 

As she headed toward the party with a model-like-gait, her eyes momentarily zeroed in on some bar beside the entrance of the mansion, and her burgundy lips lifted slightly. 

One point for the hybrid.

Approaching the bar with a magnetic allure, Jade's presence couldn't be ignored. Her golden blonde hair flowed gracefully over her shoulders, framing her captivating face. Her outfit was hidden behind a long leather coat, only her bare tattoed legs on display. Confidence radiated from her every step, and her piercing blue eyes held a hint of mischief.

She leaned against the bar with an alluring smile and ordered a shot of tequila. The bartender, captivated by her charm, couldn't help but return her smile. As he took her order, she thanked him with a wink, her lips curling into a flirty smirk that could ensnare even the most composed of individuals.

With a swift motion, she lifted the shot glass to her lips and downed the tequila in one gulp, the fiery liquid leaving a lingering warmth in her throat. It was then that she felt the presence of someone approaching beside her.

Setting the empty glass back on the counter with a raised eyebrow, Jade turned her head, her enchanting eyes locking onto an unknown boy who had sidled up to her, perhaps a classmate of her sister's or just another partygoer.

"Can I help you?" She questioned, her voice tinged with confusion, her delicate features scrunched slightly, and her eyebrows firmly raised.

"I'm Connor." The boy introduced himself with a sly smile, his gaze lingering more on her boobs than her face.

"Okay?" Jade replied, her expression remaining puzzled, her head slightly tilted.

"Well, I was wondering why you're standing here by yourself and not dancing with me on the dance floor." He flirted, wiggling his eyebrows at the striking blonde.

Jade blinked at him with a grimace. "Wha—okay." She stammered, trying to process his words. "Child," She began patronizingly, patting him on the shoulder with a false smile, to which his smirk deepened. "Go and find someone your own age, okay? When you grow up, call me." She nodded at him, subtly turning his body in the opposite direction.

"Will you give me your number?" he questioned obliviously, his face lighting up with a grin.

"If it's meant to be, you'll guess it." She whispered, her lips pursed as she nodded. "Run along now, little boy." She looked pointedly into the distance, a false smile on her lips, which he eagerly returned. A second later, she grasped his forearm. "Actually, won't you be a darling and take my coat?" She pouted, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Of course, babe." Connor purred, his eyes raking over her form, to which she momentarily scowled, but he remained blissfully oblivious.

She sighed as she removed her coat, revealing her alluring dress that left little to the imagination. With a final flirty wink, she handed the coat to him, and she could practically hear his heart racing as he accepted it. With one last smug glance, he disappeared into the crowded partygoers, leaving Jade to roll her eyes before turning her attention back to the bartender.

"One more." She ordered, her finger pointing at her empty shot glass. After a few moments of contemplation, she spoke up again. "You know what? Just give me the whole bottle." She muttered with a slight eyeroll, to which the bartender smirked and handed her the tequila bottle, along with some glass.

Klaus, observing her from a distance, couldn't suppress a soft, amused smirk as he eavesdropped on her interaction with the young man. Disregarding whatever the younger Salvatore was currently saying to him, his gaze lingered over her figure as she casually leaned against the bar, a glass in her hand.

Her attire was a captivating short velour dress, a rich shade of crimson with delicate, slender straps. Each end of the fabric was adorned with intricate black lace. The dress had deep slits on each of her thighs, which were completed with see-through black lace, allowing a better view of her tattooed legs. Around her neck, a slim velvet strap added an additional layer of allure to her ensemble. And this time, her hair cascaded down in a pin-straight fashion, enhancing her already striking appearance.

Klaus licked his bottom lip at the sight.

Almost as if drawn by an invisible force, the hybrid found himself moving toward her. The younger Salvatore, in tow, rolled his eyes and begrudgingly followed him, not willing to end their conversation about his freedom. 

She could already smell his perfume, and she couldn't help but pour herself a generous amount of tequila in her glass, downing it one go. 

Here we go.

She turned around and leaned her back against the counter nonchalantly, yet whatever she wanted to say died in her fucking mouth when his form appeared to her eyes.

Klaus Mikaelson in a suit, lord have mercy.

Klaus took a step closer, his amused gaze locked onto Jade's. His presence was commanding, radiating confidence and power. He wore a tailored black suit that fit him perfectly, accentuating his broad shoulders and sculpted physique. The last button of his shirt was left open, revealing his neckleces.

Jade felt a shiver run down her spine as her eyes traveled up and down his figure, taking in every detail.

Jesus, Forbes! It's just a man!

No, you lying whore. 

He was not just a man.

Klaus let out a devilish smirk at her reaction, and it instantly shook the blonde off her momentary trance. "Jade." He curtsied slightly, his eyes never leaving hers.

Jade cleared her throat, shooting him a nonchalant look. "Mikaelson." She greeted with a nod, to which his smile deepened.

Klaus huffed in amusement and took a step closer, his gaze focused on her. "You look utterly magnificent, sweetheart." He purred, his eyes traveling up and down her body as he leaned on the bar's counter beside the blonde. His voice was a velvety caress that sent shivers down her spine. A few moments later, as he smelled her intoxicating cherry perfume, his gaze zeroed on her neck, more precisely on the little blood smudge on it.

Jade somehow menaged to maintain her composed exterior and smirked, taking a sip from her glass. "Thank you, I know."  She said knowingly, earning an amused smirk and arched eyebrow from the hybrid. Twisting her head towards the man, she glanced at him from head to toe. "You look..." She trailed off, trying to find some words. She was about to open her mouth again, but when she felt the cold metal of his rings caress her bare back, she quickly clumped it shut. Klaus' lips twitched upwards at the corners, his head tilting back slightly as he awaited her response. "Okay." She finally said, smirking maliciously, to which he hummed with a little nod.

The two were still staring at each other for a few moments, his fucking hand with his fucking rings still on her back.

Klaus felt the goosebumps forming on her smooth skin, and he couldn't resist the urge to taunt her, and a soft hum escaped his lips, teasing her further, to which she scowled.

Dick.

"As I am sorry to interrupt... whatever the hell that is." Stefan Salvatore chimed in, a sort of disguist crossing his non-humanity face. "But can we get back to the topic?" He questioned in exasperation, burning a hole on the side of Klaus' face.

The hybrid smirked maliciously in response. Casting one, last look at the blonde, he turned towards the vampire. Jade immediately let out the breath she didn't know she was holding and turned to the bar, pouring herself almost a full glass of tequila and taking a might gulp out of it.

"Seems the Homecoming Queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here." Klaus mused as his eyes followed a woman wearing a tiara. "Where is she?" He questioned, whatever amusement was on his features before, vanishing completely.

As Jade heard the topic of her friend, she smirked to herself and turned around, a knowing glint sparkling in her cunning eyes. "Yeah, where is she, Stefan?" She asked, taking a step towards them with a shrug. 

Klaus glanced at the blonde with slightly narrowed eyes. Catching her devious eyes and knowing smile, he raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Already seeing where this was going, he couldn't help himself and lifted the corners of his mouth in slight amusement.

Stefan looked at her in suspicion before shaking his head. "I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt."

"What now?" Jade barked, immediately stunned. "Jesus, I need to have a serious conversation about her choice in men." She mumbled to herself, rubbing her forehead.

Klaus shot the blonde an amused look, before turning to the no-humanity vampire. "Oh, be honest, Stefan." He urged a little patronisingly. "Where's my sister?" He repeated himself, his tone laced with danger.

"I said," Stefan cocked his head to the side, his eyes not leaving the hybrid's. Jade raised her eyebrows as she watched him, was that supposed to be scary? "I have no idea." Stefan echoed himself, inching his face towards the now amused hybrid. "Now would you like to━"

"Really?" Jade drawled with a devilish grin, interrupting the Salvatore. When both men twisted their heads to the blonde, she continued. "So she's not lying in your basement, dead, with a steak knife in her heart, wearing a red dress, looking sexy as hell?" She asked with mock seriousness. "Well, as sexy as a corpse can look." She added quietly, bobbing her head from side to side. "And your brother is not lying a floor above, unconscious, drugged to oblivion with vervain?" She questioned again, her head tilted predatorily to the side, while her grin was firmly plastered on her face. "Yeah, they don't, you're right." She added, taking a casual sip of her drink, eyes innocently turned skyward.

Klaus blinked at the woman in momentary stun, and she caught his gaze, sending him a wink as she sipped her tequila.

Gods, that woman.

The hybrid huffed in amusement and turned to the Salvatore, who's face was brilliant at that moment.

"What did you do?" Stefan hissed through gritted teeth.

"Nothing." Jade chirped, her face angel-like-innocent as she shrugged her shoulders. When Stefan responded by glaring at her, she let out a small laugh. "Aw, Stefan. Your humanity is showing." She tauned, pointing at his face with an amused grin.

When the Salvatore took one step towards the blonde in anger, Klaus spoke up. "If you take one more step, Stefan," He said, his tone calm and collected, but it was laced with underlying menace. "Around the eyes is where I'm gonna start carving off pieces of you." He threatened, sending a cruel smile to the Salvatore.

Jade snapped her gaze to the hybrid in slight surprise. Second later, she drowned her mouth in tequila, prompting herself from doing something stupid.

Really stupid, like grabbing him by hi━calm yourself, you psycho!

Stefan's eyes darted between the pair and, after a few moments he huffed to himself in anger and spun on his heel, disappearing in the crowd.

"Ba-bye." Jade waved at his retreating back in a triumphant smirk. 

Klaus, now alone with Jade, turned to her with an impressed look. "So that's where that," He began, his finger tracing a path up her neck, to which she tensed up, glancing at him in slight confusion, trying with all her might to surpess the shiver that threatened to run down her spine. "Came from." He concluded, displaying his bloody finger. "Yours or his?" He questioned, glancing between her and his hand, his eyebrow arched.

Jade brought her own hand to her neck and touched the spot where he had a moment ago. Bringing her bloody finger to her lips, she licked it, her face contorted in momentary thought. After a moment, she grimaced. "His." She said in distaste. 

Klaus, who was watching her every move like in some kind of trance, smirked in response and wiped his finger on his jacket. "You're impossible, sweetheart, do you know that?" He said in amusement.

"Girl code." Jade replied with a shrug. "When one is lying dead, the other one rescues her, duh." She explained casually. "Where's 'Lijah?" She questioned, eyes darting around them in search.

The hybrid looked at her for a second, and then shook his head, a smile on his lips. "Chatting with dear Elena over there." He pointed behind her and Jade followed his trail of vision, turning around. "Threatening while looking as if he was discussing the weather." He added with an impressed nod, and Jade snorted, watching the Original musing to the doppelganger, who's face looked like she was about to shit herself.

"So they really brought her, huh." Jade said somewhat impressed, tilting her head as she watched the two. "I thought with Kat saying 'fuck you' to them all, they would hide her in the house, away from it all." She sighed, shaking her head. "She's probably pumped with vampire blood or some other magic juju to keep her safe and sound." She rolled her eyes.

Klaus nodded in agreement, then turned his gaze to the top of her head. Thinking for a moment, he let out a deep breath, his voice softer and more serious. "Thank you... for rescuing my sister."  

Jade turned around, smiling a little. "My pleasure." She curtsied, to which he smiled. After a moment, she tilted her head. "Like, literally. Beating Damon's ass always makes my day." She said, amusement lacing her voice.

"Did he hurt you?" Klaus questioned.

Jade snapped her gaze to him, catching the worry in his eyes. 

Does he have to look at her like that? Jesus Christ.

"Do I look hurt?" She retorted, an amused smirk dancing on her lips. 

"No, you look absolutely breathtaking." Klaus replied, his lips curled into a slight smile, his eyebrows raising.

Jade opened her mouth for a second, and then clumped it shut, a soft chuckle escaping her lips as she shook her head. "You might've mentioned it." She quipped, rolling her eyes, but her smile didn't leave her face.

Klaus chuckled softly, his head tilting slightly back as he watched the beautiful woman before him. Jade sipped on her drink and wasn't looking at him, and his eyes roamed over every feature on her face. Glancing sideways, he got an idea.

"Am I old enough to invite you for a dance?" He questioned knowingly, outstretching his hand towards the blonde.

Jade furrowed her eyebrows and whipped her head towards him in a flash. "You little shit, you were listening." She slapped him on his shoulder in annoyance, which only made his smug smile deepen. "And you're old enough to remember dinosaurs, so..." She trailed off, her gaze sweeping up and down his form. "Yeah." She finally conceded with a shrug, placing her hand in his palm.

C'mon, who would've said no to that face?

Exactly.

Klaus' grip on her hand was firm yet surprisingly gentle as he led her onto the dance floor, navigating their way through the crowded yard. The music pulsed around them, filling the air with an intoxicating rhythm.

As they found their place on the dance floor, Klaus' other hand came to rest on Jade's waist, his touch both confident and possessive. She responded by placing her hand on his shoulder, a soft, genuine laugh escaping her lips as he moved with a natural grace, guiding her effortlessly to the beat of the music. 

Jade couldn't deny the thrill of being in his arms, even as she tried to maintain her composure. It was really heard, believe her. Their bodies moved together in a fluid dance, the chemistry between them undeniable. In that moment, the outside world faded away, leaving them lost in the music and the magnetic pull they couldn't resist, no matter how much they wanted to.

"Who would've thought that you can dance something other than some ancient waltz that no normal person knows." She quipped in amusement as he twirled her around.

"Ah, age is just a number when it comes to dancing." The hybrid mused, placing his hand back on her waist as he pulled her to himself. "Though I must admit, my waltzing skills are rather impeccable." He said after a second, the arrogance in his voice evident. "Maybe one day I could show you." Klaus' grip on her waist tightened, his gaze smoldering.

Jade arched her eyebrow in response. "Sure, why don't you throw a ball?" 

Klaus contorted his face in mock thought. "Well, when I think about it..." He trailed off, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Please, don't. There's enough weird events in this godforsaken town." She grumbled, eyes darting around them to accentuate her words.

Klaus chuckled, his hold on her waist secure as they continued to move in rhythm with the music. "Well, we'll see." He shrugged innocently, and Jade couldn't help but let out a soft laugh in response, slapping his shoulder.

As the laughter died, her tone turned more serious. "How are you?" She asked, her concern evident. "Mikael wasn't at the Boarding House, which means he's lurking somewhere here like some fucking Michael Myers." She grumbled, raking her eyes over the crowd. After a moment, she snorted in amusement. "Ha, Michael Myers, get it?" She grinned at the hybrid, who's face was stoic, his eyebrow arched. "Sorry." She muttered, pursing her lips.

"I'm fine." Klaus replied as he twirled her around, pressing her back to his front.

"Sure." She deadpanned. "FYI, your pulse jumped, you liar." She whispered knowingly as she twisted her head around, giving him a sceptical look. 

Klaus raised his eyebrows, a huff of amusement escaping his lips as he spun her around again, their eyes locking as they faced each other. "My, my, aren't you picking up on my tricks?" He teased.

"It's not a trick, just normal hearing ability." She muttered in annoyance, shooting him a look, to which he responsed by flashing her a smug smile. "C'mon. I know you're not fine." She tried once again, looking pointedly at him.

Klaus raised an eyebrow at Jade's perceptive observation, a mixture of amusement and annoyance flickering in his eyes. He couldn't help but admire her ability to see through his facade, even if it irked him to be so transparent.

He sighed, his gaze momentarily drifting over her head before he met her eyes again. "Let's just say... I'm not going to let Mikael have any power over me and my siblings any longer."

"Good." She nodded rapidly. "Kill his stupid ass." She spat in distaste, and the hybrid couldn't help but chuckle, his momentary nerves vanishing.

How are you doing that, sweetheart?

"And you won't be alone, you know?" She said after a moment, glancing up at him with a slight shrug. "Elijah be there..." She trailed off, looking pointedly at the Original Vampire, who was actually fucking watching them as she spoke. 

"And..." She trailed off again, swallowing her momentary annoyance as she looked up at Klaus. Locking their gazes, she absentmindly tightened her hold on his shoulder. "I'll be there." She said quietly, her eyes not leaving his.

Klaus felt a mix of emotions wash over him as Jade's words sank in. He was accustomed to people treating him with caution, fear, or trepidation rather than offering genuine support. The sincerity in her eyes caught him off guard, and for a moment, his guarded facade slipped.

A genuine smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his eyes softening as he stared into hers. A second later, it disappeared as quickly as it formed, his gaze hardening. 

"Absolutely not."

Jade scoffed in disbelief, looking at him as if he just insulted her. "You told me that we're going to face him together." She spat, her previously soft eyes now blazing as they bore right into his. 

"Well, I lied." Klaus shrugged nonchalantly as he spun her around within arm's reach before sharply pulling her back into his embrace, his hand possessively gripping her waist.

She slapped him on his shoulder in exasperation. "You son of a bitch." She hissed right into his face. "Literally." She added after a while. "Well, it's a good thing you don't have any say in this, then." She said with a menacing smirk on her lips.

Klaus let out a quiet grumble of annoyance, his irritation evident. He pulled her even closer, their bodies pressed together, and spoke in a low, urgent voice. "Jade, Mikael is not some silly little vampire you could rip out a heart in the blink of an eye. He's a monster other montsters are afraid of. One wrong move and you'll be the one who runs out of heart." He said in a rush, his breath fanning over her face. 

"Aw, Mikaelson. Don't tell me you care about me." She mocked with a tight smirk.

Klaus clenched his jaw in annoyance and, without warning, sharply dipped her low, his face barely a breath away from hers. "What if I do?" He whispered, his intense gaze locked on hers.

Any trace of frustration on Jade's face evaporated instantly. As he slowly, almost tantalizingly, pulled her back upright, she couldn't help but sigh softly. "If you do," She began as her face was mere inches from his. "Then you will let me do whatever I want." She said quietly. "And I want to be there for you."  She whispered with profound sincerity.

Klaus' piercing gaze held Jade's with an intensity that seemed to defy the chaotic energy of the party around them. He absorbed every word she uttered, her determination and sincerity resonating with him in a way that few had ever managed.

Their proximity, the soft cadence of their voices, and the pulsing beat of the music created a moment that felt suspended in time. The world outside their intimate bubble seemed to fade away, leaving only the connection between them.

For a moment, Klaus hesitated, his usual ironclad control warring with a newfound vulnerability. He had built walls around himself for centuries, but Jade had managed to find a crack, a chink in his armor. It was a precarious position, one that both intrigued and unnerved him.

"You'll stay with me or Elijah at all times when he shows up, do you understand?" He commanded, his voice laced with authority as he towered over Jade, his warm breath brushing against her lips as he pierced her with his intense gaze.

Jade's breath grew increasingly erratic as their proximity intensified, her heart quickening its pace. "Okay." She said quietly as she nodded her head, her eyes dropping to his lips.

Klaus, ever perceptive, couldn't help but notice her subtle reaction. His grip on her waist tightened imperceptibly as he echoed her response, his own voice matching her hushed tone. "Okay."

"The song's over." She whispered as their song reached its end and other one started. Her own fingers betrayed her, moving involuntarily from his shoulder to the curve of his neck. She traced the contours of his skin with the lightest of touches, sending delicious shivers down his spine.

"I noticed." Klaus murmured, a faint, knowing amusement tugging at the corners of his lips.

Suddenly, Jade heard a faint scream in the background, but not just any scream. Bursting their bubble, she twisted her head around in a flash. "Did you hear that?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

Klaus briefly closed his eyes, trying to surprass the exasperation. "Your sister." Klaus drawled in a hiss, and his eyes flickered to the mansion. Sighing, he watched as she withdrew from their embrace, resentment taking root towards the younger Forbes. As she started to take a brisk step, he caught her wrist. "Where do you think you're going?" He questioned in bewilderment.

"To do a cartwheel on a keg, where else?" She deadpanned, but Klaus wasn't amused. Rolling her eyes, she turned to him. "I'll be right back, stay here and look for Mikael." She said and turned around, walking briskly towards the house's entrance.

Klaus closed his eyes briefly in exasperation and walked towards one of his hybrids. "Graham, go after her and make sure she stays alive." He ordered. "If not, well..." He trailed off, a dark chuckle escaping his lips. "I believe you can guess what." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jade walked briskly towards the opulent Lockwood residence, her eyes scanning her surrounding for her sister. As she strode, she rubbed her cheeks forcefully, trying to get her pulse under control as it raged through what had happened, or almost happened, moments ago.

She wanted to.

And he wanted to.

A little smile started to appear on her face and she quickly shook her head, trying to calm herself.

Jesus, she felt like a damn teenager. 

Noticing some unknown guy trailing behind her, she whipped her her around with a grimace. "The fuck you want?" She asked, her vampiric nose smelling his hybrid nature. 

"I'm here to protect you." The curly-haired man replied politely.

"Oh, great."  She muttered sarcastically, turning her attention back to the Lockwood mansion's front door. She pushed it open, her eyes darting around as she entered.

"You, wolfie!" She shouted as she caught a glimpse of Tyler. "Where's my sister?" She asked urgently, walking up to him.

Tyler scratched his neck in a nervous matter. "I don't know, I haven't seen her." He shrugged, not meeting the Forbes woman eye.

Jade raised an eyebrow, studying him closely. "You lie almost as good as she does." She stated, giving him a sceptical look. When he pursed his lips in response, she pointed at some random door beside him. "Here?" She asked in suspicion, scanning his eyes and heartbeat for answers. "No. Here?" She shook her head, pointing at some other door. Hearing his pulse quickening, she smirked to herself. "Oh, will you look at that." She mused, walking past him and pushing to door open, her eyes widening at the sight. "What in the fucking fuck?" She asked, staring at her sister's unconcious body on the floor.

"Jade, let me explain." Tyler pleaded, raising his palms in a nervous gesture.

"I'm letting, get on with it." She pointed at Caroline, her eyebrows raised.

"Something's going on with Klaus tonight." He began as he closed the door and Jade raised her eyebrows at him. No shit, Sherlock. "And this house is full of hybrids, ready to attack whoever might cross him, including me. And as you know Caroline, she won't back down once she'll realize her friends might be in danger." He explained in a rush, glancing at his girlfriend's form. "I want to get her out of here."

Jade gritted her teeth, closing her eyes as gears turned inside her head.

Puppy was right. Yeah, maybe Caroline was angry at her friends now, but she was also stupidly loyal to them. Jade wanted to force Caroline to let the party go, but I think you can guess how that ended. And Jade didn't pressed on because she knew her sister was no fool and could take care of herself. Yet, the fear is still there in some way.

"Ugh." She groaned, rubbing her forehead in irritation. "She's going to kill me." She mumbled under her breath as she glanced at her sister. Pondering for a while, she turned to the Lockwood.  "You know what? I was never here." She said as she raised her palms, taking a step back towards the door. Tyler nodded at her and she nodded back, leaving the room.

Shaking her head and walking briskly outside, she felt someone's presence behind herself. "Can you fuck off?" She asked over her shoulder. 

Graham smirked, trailing behind the blonde. "Actually, I can't." He replied knowingly, to which she rolled her eyes, entering the patio.

"Lovely." She mumbled as she walked towards some table with couple of spirit bottles on it. "I need a drink." She muttered to herself as she grabbed some vodka bottle and poured herself a shot.

As she downed it, she felt a presence beside herself. 

And it was not the hybrid's.

"Heard you fancy my son." She heard Mikael say calmly. 

Jade put the glass back down on the table casually, but her mind was racing. 

So now he was his son? Make up your damn mind, you old fart.

She whipped her head towards with a false, overjoyed grin. "You're Brad Pitt's father?!" She exclaimed in excitment. "Oh, my God! Well, duh, him in 'Snatch'? With that tatts and sweaty chest on that ring━"

"━Quiet, little girl." Mikael growled, turning his body towards her and authoritatively towering over her as he grabbed her arm.

Jade's head twitched to the side, eyes not leaving his. "Not my thing." She said in a low voice.

Without warning, she grabbed a random bottle from the table, swung it, and smashed it against Mikael's head, the impact causing his grip on her to loosen. Sensing an opportunity, Jade broke free from his grasp and attempted to flash away from the Original, but to her dismay, it didn't work. Mikael reacted swiftly, grabbing her by the hair and yanking her back towards him.

Graham, seeing this, flashed towards the older vampire and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him back, causing Mikael to crash into the table, shattering it to pieces.

"You must be one of his abominations." Mikael sneered in disguist, eyeing the hybrid. "Well, let me free you from his control." He said with a sinister smirk before flashing toward him and ripping his heart out.

Nice protection or whatever.

Events were transpiring so rapidly that Jade's brain struggled to comprehend them. She blinked, and Mikael was right in front of her once again. "Kla━!" She tried to scream, but Mikael grabbed her by the throat, lifting her off the ground.

"Oh, don't waste your breath, you foolish girl." The Original sneered, relishing the sight of her struggling form. "He won't be able to protect himself, let alone you." He snarled menacingly in her face.

Jade clenched her teeth in fury and quickly scanned her surroundings for anything she could use to her advantage. Her eyes locked onto a sturdy beam right above her head. Acting on instinct, she reached up, grabbing it with both hands, and used her legs to kick Mikael away.

"I prefer getting choked with consent, thank you very much." She growled as she landed on the ground again, her eyes burning with hatred as she watched his every move.

Mikael ignored her words and lunged at her, but she deftly sidestepped, grabbing a nearby chair and smashing it against his body. The Original didn't appreciate the assault and retaliated by snatching one of the chair's legs. He lunged at her, driving it through her stomach. Pain shot through her like a searing inferno, and she let out an agonized scream. 

"You really should be nicer to that colorful bundle of friends, you know?" Mikael hissed into her face, his cold smirk causing her blood to boil. "They informed me of your connection with my son, selling me the idea of using you to lure him out of the house." He revealed, his voice dripping with malicious intent.

Of course.

Gritting her teeth, she attempted to strike at him again, but he quickly caught her wrist. "Brad Pitt's here? Shit! Can you let me go so I could ask for an autograph?" She exclaimed with a weak smirk, and Mikael let out an angered huff, reaching for something in his pocket. She tried to push his hand away from her neck, but he was far stronger than her, and in the next few seconds, her vision blurred, her body grew limp, and she fell into unconsciousness with two thoughts echoing in her mind.

First one━Randy from Scream was right, don't ever say you'll be right back, because you won't.

Second one━sorry, Mikaelson.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klaus became increasingly unsettled with each passing second as he failed to spot Jade's blonde head among the partygoers. Cursing under his breath, he quickly located his brother, who was quietly sipping a drink and observing the festivities from above. Anxious, Klaus pulled him aside to a more secluded spot.

"Where's Jade?" Klaus asked, his tone laced with worry, dragging his brother away from the crowd.

"I don't know, brother, last time I saw her with you." Elijah responded, furrowing his eyebrows at his brother unease. Then, a knowing smirk tugged at his lips. "Actually━"

"━Well, and I let her go to find her sister with my hybrid." Klaus immediately interrupted him, making whatever amusement on Elijah's face instantly drop. "That was fifteen minutes ago, and I don't see her, nor the lad." He grumbled, eyes darting around himself.

"Calm yourself, Niklaus." Elijah placed his hand on Klaus' shoulder. "She's probably in the house with Caroline." He tried to reassure him, but his own anxiety started to form in his stomach.

Klaus nodded and spun around, striding into the house, his eyes scanning each person he passed. How could he have been so foolish? Hadn't he learned from the mountains in Tennessee that letting her out of his sight, even for a moment, could lead to trouble?

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of one of his hybrids, Mindy was her name, walking towards him. "You have a visitor." She said, attempting to stop his brisk stride.

Klaus clenched his jaw in momentary annoyance. "Tell my visitor I'm a little busy." He spat, sidestepping her and resuming his search.

"He said his name is Mikael." 

Hearing the name, both him and Elijah stopped dead in their tracks. 

Joining his gaze with his brother, Klaus allowed himself a momentary crack in his usually tough and strong armour that was reserved for only the most trusted. Klaus felt a shiver run down his spine and dread begin to churn in his stomach, seeing the same look in his brother's dark eyes.

"Bloody hell." He muttered under his breath, sending a knowing look to Elijah, that the other Original quickly caught. Turning towards her, he spoke up, his voice low and filled with menace. "Move everyone out back, me and my brother are gonna have a little chat with our dad." He whispered to her, glancing at Elijah, who nodded in response. Nodding back, two brothers began to stride confidently towards the back door entrance. "Tony, you know what to do." He said as he passed one of his hybrids, not bothering to wait for response.

Seconds later, the two brothers walked slowly to the threshold of the door, which was swung wide open, one figure standing on the other side. 

One figure he hoped to never see again, no matter how much of a fool he was to wish that.

Mikael. The Destroyer. A man, he foolishly once called father.

"Hello, Niklaus." Mikael greeted calmly, a hint of a cruel smirk tugging at his lips. "Elijah." He nodded at the Other Original, who merely narrowed his eyes in response.

"Hello, Mikael." Klaus greeted back, his eyes not leaving his. As he caught the slight amusement dancing in the Destroyer's eyes, he clenched his fists by his sides. He absolutely hated how that man had still the same power over him, no matter how hard Klaus denied it. One look from this cruel excuse of a man, and Klaus felt once again like the little kid, beaten and kicked as he layed defenselessly as a boy.

Mikael hummed maliciously, shifting his gaze to the older Original. "Elijah, I see that your blind love for the bastard still shines through." He said with artificial warmth, eyeing Klaus with distaste.

Elijah narrowed his eyes at him. "Niklaus is my brother. If you're after him, you're after me, dear father." He responded, fixing his dangerous gaze in the figure before him. 

Klaus clenched his jaw at his brother's words, his fists tightened into fierce balls. He didn't know why Elijah was even standing by his side at that moment, after all━

"Even after the knowledge that he killed your mother?" Mikael finished Klaus' thoughts aloud, shooting him a hateful look, but that wasn't out of the ordinary. Mikael never looked at him differently, he was used to that. 

At Elijah's silence, Mikael huffed in amusement, making Klaus's blood boil. Oh, how he hated that sound. He loathed that mocking laugh, which always made him feel like a little child, like the abomination and weakling he had thought he was.

But he wasn't weak. Not anymore.

"Why don't you come in?" He asked, a smirk tugging at his lips, masking the absolute fury and dread that danced fiercely inside of him. "Oh, that right, I forgot━you can't."

"Or you could come outside if you want." Mikael proposed with raised eyebrows, his tone nonchalant.

"Or, I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb." Klaus immediately responded knowingly, his lips curling into a menacing grin.

On cue, the yard behind the Destroyer filled with hybrids, but that didn't faze him in the slightest.

Without bothering to turn around, he shook his head. "They can't kill me."

"True, but it'd make a hell of a party game." Klaus said in amusement, raising his hand in the air. "All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce." He whispered, glancing at  said fingers. 

Mikael stood there quietly, his sharp eyes darting between the two brothers. Elijah observed his father, dread freezing his insides at his stoicism. He was ready to step in, to shield his brother from his father's wrath, but Mikael didn't yell, didn't scream, he simply━

He simply laughed.

"The big, bad wolf." Mikael drawled in a mocking tone, shaking his head as his eyes scanned Klaus from head to toe, making him clenched his jaw in fury, hating how his eyes started to water. "You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward." He spat, before his expression turned more triumphant. "Oh, and you forget. They may be sired to you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."

Seconds later, the two hybrids stood by Mikael's side, their eyes blank, almost robotic, as they shifted their allegiance.

Klaus parted his lips in surprise, cursing himself inwardly as he felt his lower lip starting to quiver. No, it couldn't be possible. Thousand years he dreamt of this and, of course, his pathetic excuse of a father is here, to ruin it all like he always did whenever he felt even a hint of happine━

"Get your filthy fucking paws off of me, you stupid fucking dog!" He heard her scream in the distance and he immediately widened his eyes, feeling his heart sinking. 

No. 

Elijah seemed to mirror Klaus' fear, eyes widened and lips parted as he connected his gaze with his brother's.

Mikael chuckled coldly at their reaction. Gesturing to both of the hybrids, they threw two women into his hold. "Look what I found," He began as he tightened his hold on Elena and Jade's waists. "That one is certainly something." He muttered in amusement, glancing at the blonde, who trashed in his iron grip.

"Choke on my dick, you old fuck." Jade spat hatefully, which only brought more amusement into the Destroyer's eyes. 

She connected her gaze with the brothers' and seeing the fear in their eyes, she tightened her lips. 

As they saw her tattered and bloody dress, they both clenched their jaws and plunged their blazing eyes into their father, both of their blood boiling in fury.

"I can see why she likes you that much, she seems to posses the same kind of vile and utterly embarassing traits." Mikael sneered, driving his finger's deeper into Jade's skin, making her hiss in pain. "But I like her spirit, she has something that you never seemed to posses━a heart of a warrior." 

Jade scoffed, twisting her head towards the Original. "Was that supposed to be a complement, grandpa?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow, enjoying how his jaw clenched. "Well thank you, but I don't like you that way. In fact, I don't like you at all, you're kinda creepy." She said with a tight smirk, cocking her head to the side maliciously.

Was she suicidal? Yes, but that's nothing new. 

"You seem to never shut up, little girl." Mikael snarled into her face. "I kindly advise you to keep your tongue still, if you don't want me to tear it from your mouth." He threatened, his breath fanning over the blonde's face, who merely responded with a disguisted look, but she clumped her mouth shut. 

"Come and face me, Niklaus." He turned towards the hybrid. "Or they die." He said with a hint of a smirk.

Jade gritted her teeth in anger and connected her gaze with Klaus', who was already looking at her in dread. She sent him a small smile and knowing nod, to which he closed his eyes briefly. Opening them, he plunged his hateful gaze into his father.

"Go ahead." He whispered, a brief grin stretching his face, to which the blonde let out her own. "Kill them." He ordered calmly, but inside he was screaming. He complied to her silent request of urging Mikael on, to gave him the feeling of indifference. But as his words left his mouth, he wasn't sure he was convincing enough.

"No... Klaus, he-he'll do it." Elena breathed in shock, stammering in fear. 

Mikael hummed maliciously. "If that one dies, this lot will be the last of your abominations." He sneered as he looked pointedly at the doppelganger. "If that one dies, well." He cocked her head towards the blonde, an amused chuckle escaping his lips. "Whatever happiness you thought you could achive, will evaporate into abyss."

"I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you." Klaus growled, not letting Mikael see the slight fear that buzzed in his veins like ice.

"To what end, Niklaus?" Mikael taunted. "So you can live forever with no one at your side?"

Jade furrowed her eyebrows and twisted her head to the Original. "Are you fucking blind, old man? His brother is literally standing beside him." She spat, her gaze locking onto Elijah, who watched his father with calm resolve, though his dark eyes blazed with hate.

Mikael chuckled darkly. "You think he's there because he cares?" He mocked, inching his face toward the blonde as his eyes were fixed into the older of the brothers. "If so, you're even more stupid than I thought." He whispered, earning a disguisted look from Jade at his proximinity.  "That glint in his eyes? That's not love." He said with disdain. "That's guilt." 

Elijah took one step forward, standing almost level with the barrier that separated him from his father. Klaus cast his brother an anxious glance, his hand ready to pull him away if he had to.

"What could you know about love, father?" Elijah began, his voice a calm and measured contrast to Mikael's malevolence. He spoke with an air of authority, his words carrying the weight of centuries of experience. "You wouldn't recognise it, after you spent an entire milennium basking in hate and resentment." He spat, eyeing Mikael like a vile thing he was. "I stand beside him because I believe in his capacity for change. I've seen glimpses of the man he can become, a man who can break free from the cycle of violence and hate. That's not just guilt; it's hope." Elijah spat, piercing his father with his blazing eyes, ignoring the look that his brother was giving him.

Klaus's gaze snapped to his brother's in shock, his heart pounding in his chest. His eyes, his stubborn, infuriating eyes, refused to stop watering, betraying the maelstrom of emotions churning within him. In that moment, Klaus was torn between gratitude for his brother's unwavering support and frustration at his vulnerability.

As Elijah stood there, unwavering in his defense of Klaus, something extraordinary happened. For a fleeting moment, Klaus felt as if they were kids again, back in the days when their world was much smaller, and big brother Elijah had always been there to protect him from their father's wrath.

And also how he stood by and watched as his father tie him to that wooden beams, letting their mother bound his Wolf, leaving him empty for a thousand of years.

"Hope, Elijah?" Mikael scoffed bitterly. "You always were the idealist, the one who saw the good in the bastard even when he slaughtered countless of lives without remorse. You speak of change and hope, but I see nothing but delusion." Mikael sneered.

Mikael, unwilling to relent, turned his cruel attention to Jade, pulling her closer in a mocking display of dominance. "Let's take that one for example, shall we?" He taunted, his voice dripping with venom, to which she tilted her head, avoiding further contact with him. "You think what, boy, huh?" He exclaimed, piercing Klaus' watery gaze with his hateful one. "That this useless girl will bring you hapiness that you don't even deserve?" He questioned in a mocking tone, making Jade's jaw clench in blinding fury. "You think she cares about you? You think, dare I say it, that she might have some feelings for you? You, an utter embarassment, a weakling, a coward?!" Mikael's voice dripped with mockery as he shouted, and Klaus's throat tightened with a familiar pain. "No one cares about you, boy!" Mikael yelled once again, and the hybrid flinched, briefly closing his eyes.

Klaus couldn't help the single bloody tear that dripped down his cheek.

Jade watched and listened to his words with widened eyes, and when she saw the look on the hybrid's face, her fury passed all limits.

Hell no.

"Shut," She began in a hushed voice, her eyes locked on Klaus' as she discreetly lifted her dress, pulling her favorite dagger from her thigh band. The brothers, seeing this, widened their eyes, but before they could react to anything, Jade moved. "The fuck, up!" She shouted in a furious outburst as she raised her hand and, in one swift movement, elbowed Mikael in the nose. The unexpected attack left the Original momentarily disoriented.

She didn't know what she was doing, she was so fucking furious, she was out of control.

Breaking free from Mikael's grasp, Jade swiftly followed up with a powerful kick to his knees, causing them to buckle and break. The pain left the formidable vampire incapacitated, and he crumpled to the ground, releasing his hold on the doppelganger.

Klaus and Elijah instinctively moved forward to pull Jade to safety, but before Klaus could reach her, an excruciating pain seared through his stomach. Twisting his head around, he saw Damon Salvatore's determined face as the vampire drove a white oak stake deeper into Klaus's flesh.

Elena, recognizing that their plan was in motion, swiftly retrieved wolfsbane grenades from under her coat and hurled them toward the hybrids, who had been rushing to their master's aid.

Mikael, quick to recover, regained his footing and attempted to strike Jade. However, she skillfully blocked his blow and retaliated with her dagger, cutting his throat slightly in the process.

Elijah turned towards his brother, who was lying on the ground, struggling with the elder Salvatore. Yet before he had time to think about who to help, Stefan threw himself at his brother, pushing him off Klaus. 

Flashing towards Jade, he saw that she was entangled in a punches and kicks fight with their father. Flashing in her direction, he widened his eyes when he saw Mikael thrusting his hand into the girl's chest. Grabbing his outstretched hand quickly, he held it in place, not allowing the Original to pull it out.

Jade let out a surprised gasp, her eyes widening like coins as she was locked in a deadly staring contest with the Destroyer, feeling his fingers curling forcefully around her rapidly beating heart.

Shit.

Time seemed to stand still through the impossibly quick course of events. Gritting her teeth, she joined her hazy gaze with Elijah, who was wrestling with his father, refusing to let the girl die.

Yet, a second later, the girl felt the grip on her heart loosening and she flicked her gaze back to Mikael. His surprised expression, and the terrified scream he let out made Jade's eyes widen as the Original slowly fell to the ground, and behind him stood Klaus, his hand driving the stake further into his heart.

Jade stumbled slightly in momentary weakness and Elijah caught her in his arms, pulling them away from his father's body, which was now engulfed in flames. 

As Jade clung to Elijah, she watched Klaus' face, which was hypnotised with the smoking corpse of his so-called-father, his face decorated with tears as he lifted his gaze, looking at her with an unreadable expression.

Mikael was dead.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Some time later, Jade found herself in some sort of study in one of the rooms in the Lockwood mansion, along with Klaus, who wouldn't stop pacing around. After Mikael's tragic demise, the hybrid returned Stefan's freedom in gratitude for standing up to his brother. The party was over now, and Elijah collected their father's ashes and disappeared, making some excuse that he needed to see Rebekah. 

Jade called bull-fucking-shit, but here merely smirked and flashed away.

Klaus's anger flared, evident in the fire that blazed within his eyes. His voice thundered through the room, filled with a potent mix of fury and concern. "Are you utterly daft, woman? Attacking Mikael like that? Do you have a death wish?" He exclaimed, turning sharply to her, his eyes blazing.

Jade met Klaus's fiery gaze head-on, her own eyes blazing with defiance. "He pissed me off!" She shouted, her tone sharp and unapologetic as she threw her hands in the air.

Klaus's fury seemed to intensify at Jade's defiant response, his pacing growing more agitated. He halted abruptly, his piercing gaze fixating on her with a mixture of incredulity and frustration. There was a dangerous edge to his voice as he responded, his words razor-sharp. "You could've died!" 

"But I didn't!" Se shot back, her voice full of frustration. "You killed him!"

Klaus's expression hardened, his jaw tense with restrained anger. His voice dropped to a low, dangerous growl as he furiously walked towards her, making her back away until her thighs met a table. "But what if you did? What if I wouldn't make it in time, huh? What then, Jade?" He emphasized with biting intensity as he snarled into her face.

Jade's own anger mirrored Klaus's, her jaw clenching. "Then I guess I'd be fucking dead!" She exclaimed into his face, her tone sharp and firm. Klaus let out a dark chuckle, shaking his head in fury as he took a step back. Jade sighed, rubbing her forehead in irritation. "Klaus, the only one who died today, was Mikael." She said much more calmly, her eyes softening as she looked at him.

Klaus sighed, briefly closing his eyes. "Why would you do that?" He questioned with a little shake of his head, his expression softening slightly, traces of concern piercing through his anger. "Why would you risk your own life for..." He trailed off, vulnerability crossing his features.

"My life was already at risk. It didn't matter." She tried to reason in a gentle murmur as she shrugged. "And when I listened to him, when I saw the look on your face..." She trailed off, feeling her blood starting to boil again. "I didn't even think, I was so fucking mad." She whispered to herself, rubbing her forehead. 

True, she didn't know why she did it. Maybe because she saw herself in Klaus? And Bill in Mikael? This would be reasonable. As reasonable as this situation could be. But something else was also at play, her anger did not arise just because the words hit her, no. The anger came after seeing how much the words had hit Klaus.

Klaus couldn't help but be moved by Jade's words. He gazed at her with a mix of frustration and a hint of affection, the storm of emotions within him slowly subsiding. He sighed and pushed away from the bookshelf, walking closer to where Jade leaned against the table. "Don't do that." He said firmly, his voice tinged with genuine concern. "Don't you dare ever do something like that again." He comanded.

"No promises." She replied, a hint of a smirk tugging at her lips as she glanced up at him.

Klaus clenched his jaw, ready to open his mouth and reprimand her some more, but when he saw the playfull look in her eyes, he huffed, shaking his head. "You infuriate me, woman." He muttered, a hint of amusement in his tone.

Jade's smirk deepened as she watched him. "That's part of my charm." She nonchalantly shrugged her shoulder, to which he hummed in mocking thought, making her chuckle. Few moments later, as the laughter died, she spoke up again, her tone more somber and serious. "How are you feeling?" She asked softly.

Klaus tore his gaze away from her, his eyebrows furrowed as she tried to decipher his own emotions. "I don't know." He finally murmured, shaking his head. "I guess... free?" He said, his words coming out more like a question rather than definitive answer. "That's what I should feel, but..." He trailed off, glancing at the girl. "I don't." He whispered as he fixed his gaze on the blonde, who listened to him in such understanding, that it made his undead heart flutter. "I don't know, it's bloody confusing." He concluded as he shook his head and glanced around the  room.

Jade reached out and grabbed his hand to prevent him from pacing around. "You'll feel peace." She reasured, her tone soft, earning a curious look from the hybrid, that glanced between her hand and her eyes. "Maybe not now, but... I think it'll come to you, in time." She said with a little warm smile, trying to offer support. "The nightmare's over, Klaus." She whispered, piercing him with her stormy eyes.

In that moment, Klaus closed his eyes briefly, allowing her words to sink in. He squeezed her hand gently, a silent acknowledgment of the comfort and strength she had offered him. It was as though he had finally found a glimmer of light at the end of a long and dark tunnel, and it was all thanks to the remarkable woman standing in front of him. 

"Remember what I told you on that roof?" Jade asked with a hint of a knowing smile on her lips. "I said that Mikael has raised a man he will never be able to defeat..." As she trailed off, clicking her tongue in emphasis, Klaus found himself captivated by her unwavering gaze, drawn into the depths of her stormy eyes. "I guess I was right." She added after a while, her eyes locked with his. 

As the words hung between them, a charged silence settled in the room. A mixture of admiration and vulnerability flickered in Klaus's eyes, his emotions dancing on the precipice of his chaotic existence. 

Oh, sweetheart.

Without warning, he closed the distance between them, his lips crashing against Jade's with a hungry intensity.

The suddenness of Klaus' action caught Jade off guard, her breath catching in her throat as his lips pressed against hers. The kiss was filled with a mix of intensity and tenderness, a raw expression of his emotions in that moment. Her initial surprise melted away, replaced by a surge of warmth that coursed through her veins.

Jade responded to Klaus' kiss with equal fervor, her hand immediately shooting to his neck, her fingers pulling him closer as she deepened the connection between them. Their lips moved in a dance of passion and longing, a testament to the unspoken bond that had formed between them through those past few months.

Moments later, Klaus broke the kiss but kept their faces close, his striking blue eyes locked onto hers, filled with a mixture of adoration and hunger. "And I..." He trailed off in a low, seductive tone, his breath hot against her skin. "Wanted to do that since you said it for the first time." He whispered, his eyes glued to her lips.

Jade's heart raced as Klaus' voice sent shivers down her spine. Her stormy eyes locked onto his as he glanced up, the intensity of their connection palpable in the room. "Good," She breathed out, nodding rapidly. "Now shut up and do it again." She almost growled in command.

A devilish grin broke on Klaus' face as Jade's words resonated in the air. Without hesitation, he closed the small gap between them, his lips crashing against hers once again.

This time, there was no holding back. Their kiss was wild and urgent, a display of unbridled desire and a testament to the depths of their connection. Their tongues intertwined in a heated dance, their ragged breaths mingling as they lost themselves in the moment.

Jade's sharp nails dug into the hybrid's neck, and Klaus responded with a quiet moan that was drowned out by their kiss. With a swift, powerful motion, Klaus lifted Jade off her feet and forcefully sat her down on the table she was leaning on, their lips never breaking contact.

Klaus' lips trailed a path of burning kisses along her neck as he stood between her spread legs, his teeth grazing her sensitive flesh, eliciting a shiver of pleasure that reverberated throughout her body. His touch was simultaneously possessive and tender as he griped her hips, igniting a wildfire inside her, and she couldn't help but let out a soft sigh in response. As she threw her head back, giving him more access, she tangled her fingers in his hair and pulled, to which Klaus responded with a quiet groan that vibrated against her delicate skin.

As she hooked her legs on his hip, her fucking phone rang out.

Klaus groaned in frustration as he reluctantly pulled away from her, his lips leaving a trail of heat along her neck as he released his grip on her hips and took a respectful step back.

Seeing who was calling her, he couldn't help but let out an another exasperated groan. "I'm truly beginning to hate your sister." He growled in annoyance, earning a hearty laugh from the blonde.

Sighing, she gave him a longing look, to which he smirked in amusement. "Uh, yeah?" She said as she answered the call, her voice a little out of breath. 

"What the actual fuck happened?!" Caroline's piercing voice resounded on the other line, making Jade scrunch her face and slightly pull away at the volume, Klaus chuckling in amusement as he watched her.

Locking her gaze with the hybrid, she sighed, a little smirk tugging at her lips.

"A lot."

a/n: hoped you enjoyed this 16,5k of a monster

dios mio santa madonna they kissed holy shit !!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.2K 21
"It was supposed to be a one-time thing, a mistake. But, when you're a vampire, life is blood and blood binds." Red flags! Rate M. Delicious M. Kla...
497K 10K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...
20.8K 554 28
When Klaus Mikaelson comes to Mystic Falls, to break his curse, his eyes catch on a Psychic Witch, in the myth of trying to move on, from her heartbr...
62.7K 2.6K 36
Caroline Forbes lost her mother a week ago. Klaus Mikaelson was abused as a young boy and lost touch with his siblings over the years. Both see the...