𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πŽπ€πƒ π“π‘πˆπ ✩ Mi...

η”± mazewriterrr

When Frypan invites his friend Quinn Parker over to a road trip with him and his friends, it turns out a lot... ζ›΄ε€š

T H E R O A D T R I P
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
A/N
Extra's!!
One-shots

022

2.6K 85 129
η”± mazewriterrr

T W E N T Y - T W O
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

A while later, Thomas and a few others had woken up too. Minho didn't, yet.

The brunette walked over to me and without saying a word to my face, dragged me out of the hotel room. "We're gonna get breakfast!" He shouted.

Suspicious, I followed. Thomas hadn't lied when he said we would get breakfast, because ten minutes later we sat on the main floor of the hotel, having breakfast at a small table for just two people.

"Good morning to you too." I exhaled. "What's up?"

"Well..." He lay his arms down on the table formally. "I can't just act like nothing happened after you ran away for almost two hours. I want to know what was going on."

Suddenly, I didn't really feel like having breakfast anymore.

"What?" I breathed, a panic rising in me. "I just needed... some fresh air... that's it."

"Hm, not so good of a liar." Thomas was being serious. I could see it by the way his eyes watched me and how he talked. "Alright. Starting off simple, who—."

"No one said I have to tell you. Privacy."

"I said you have to tell me, so you will." He shrugged. "Privacy or not, I'm worried. And not just about what happened yesterday... but almost every day you do or say certain things that make me rethink sometimes. So, starting off simple... who was that on the phone?"

"You can't just—."

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Thomas. No, I—."

"Who." He raised an eyebrow. "Was on." He pretended he had a phone to his ear. "The phone?"

I stared at him, he stared back. He stared back so long that at some point I had to avert my eyes.
"It was my ex." I admitted.

"Alright. Moving on, why was he calling you?" His other eyebrow raised too. "What did he want?"

I looked down. Thomas repeated his question over and over again until I got so sick of it, I answered. "He wanted money."

"And... you were upset about that? Why? Because you don't have the money? He's a creep? Both?"

I rubbed my forehead. "I don't have the money."

"Oh, you can always stea—."

"We're talking about three thousand dollars here, Thomas! Not just ten dollars to buy drinks with! Three freaking thousand."

His mouth dropped open. "Okay... I did not know it was that bad. The hell did you do?"

"Nothing. We used to divide the money to buy things, but he had more money so obviously bought more, too. He told me I had to pay all he spent on me back."

"Hm. Then just don't pay him back. Does he know where you live?"

"Yeah... but I, uh... I moved." I lied, remembering I lost the apartment again.

"Alright. Then you don't pay him. If he doesn't know where you live and you block his number, you—."

"It's not that easy, Thomas." I bit my lip, thinking long about my words because I really, really didn't want to tell him. "It's not that easy."

"Why not?"

My heart was beating super fast as I talked. "He knows Minho."

"Oh." A frown slowly formed on his face. "Oh, lord. That ain't good. But you can tell Minho. I'm sure he—."

"No." Heavily, I shook my head. "I can't. It's one Minho's best friends. I don't want to ruin the friendship."

"That he wants that money won't ruin their friendship." Thomas touched his chin. "Look, it's quite unfair that he wants his money back, but I'm sure Minho won't get very upset about it. An issue like that won't ruin it, trust me. Just tell him."

"I can't." I was in a loss of words. My throat started to feel weird. I was close to telling Thomas everything. When I looked up, his body tensed. He could see that something was going on by the way I reacted.

"Why can't you?" He leaned closer and lowered his voice. "Quinn, what aren't you telling me?"

I blinked a million times to get the forming tears away. "No... no, I can't tell you. He'll... he'll find me and he'll— oh god, Thomas." I buried my head in my hands for a second, not knowing what to do anymore.

When I looked up, Thomas reached out with his arm, about to put a reassuring hand on mine, but obviously I had to flinch.

He stopped moving, his face slowly paling before he roughly got up from his seat and pulled me with him.

"I swear— ah, this..." He muttered to himself. "This is messed up. I'm so sorry, but he— I don't even know anymore... so messed up." Words like that kept coming out of his mouth until we arrived in an empty hallway.

The tears were leaking from my eyes. He now knew. Thomas now knew about nearly everything and I didn't even say it.

His arms wrapped around my body long enough for me to burst out in more tears. I sobbed. He held me.

"But when we get back from holidays we'll figure it out. For now, we can just have nice days here, in Europe. You're safe." He said.

Sure... very safe.

I nodded. It would be too much to tell Thomas he was in Greece, waiting for us to come over.

"He hurt you, didn't he?" He was whispering now.

I nodded again. The question made more tears flow and my arms to embrace Thomas tighter.

"What did he do? If you don't mind me asking... you know?" His voice was soft and he never let go, because I didn't either. In fact, I buried my head in his shoulder, somehow happy to tell someone all the awful things and have a hug like this. A comforting one.

"A lot." I sniffed loudly. "Sometimes he punched me. Slapped, kicked... slammed me into walls." A pause. "But he wasn't always like that. He could be sweet too. I just had to behave and he would be nice. That's why I didn't leave. He was nice, too. Can you understand that?"

He hummed for a long time before replying. "Yeah, I think I can understand. Obviously you wouldn't just date him if you didn't like him."

I nodded and eventually let go to look him right in the eyes.
"But Thomas... you have— no, need to promise me you won't tell anyone about this. Literally no one. Not Minho. Not Newt... none of your family members. Also not our friends. You just can't."

He frowned again, eyes worried. "No. We have to get more help. I'll gladly beat that guy up, don't worry, but there's people with a lot more power than me, Quinn."

I moved my head to the left and the right multiple times. "You can't tell anyone. He knows things, alright? Plus, it'll cause me a lot of problems with the police and maybe even the judge. I don't want that. And I don't want Minho to be upset about finding out one of his friends does that kind of things either."

Thomas was thoughtful for a long time as he kept touching his face frustratedly. "Fine. I won't tell anyone. I promise."

"Thank you." Another hug.

"We'll figure it out, yeah?" He told me. "When we get back we'll see what we do. For now, as I said, just enjoy the holidays."

"Okay, I will. You too." I decided. Thomas straightened his back and opened the door back to the cafeteria for me.

"And Thomas?"

He closed the door. "Yeah?"

"Can we sneak out again?" A grin was forming on my face as we started our walk back to the hotel room.

"More illegal stuff? I'm in. When? We're leaving to Germany tonight, right?"

"Yeah." I confirmed. "So... tomorrow night? Or a day after that?"

"We shall see." He smirked deeply. "Newt and Minho are gonna kill us. I love it."

"Me too."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: Ah, she finally told anyone. Well, not just anyone, maybe the most iconic person in this story :)

I hope it doesn't bother anyone that Maze Runner Thomas' personality wouldn't really be like this. It's more just Dylan or Stiles Stilinksi, but I like it 😍

And what do we think about Quinn? I barely get comments about her (and my other OC's) so I'm always wondering if they're even like-able.
Remember this though: she will get a LOT of character development (and already got)!!

x Vera

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

562K 16K 49
The Gladers had spent about a year in the Maze by themselves. Used to the the cycle of getting a new boy every month from the box, they find themselv...
89.9K 2.1K 40
(Newt x Reader) // (Minho x Reader) What if you would find yourself in the Glade? What if all of the sudden two boys are head over heels for you? Eve...
117K 872 46
Basically a bunch of imagines with the Maze Runner characters. Such as Thomas, Newt, Minho, & Gally. Some cute, fluff, or smut. Depending on what yo...
196K 4.1K 33
Y/N, a skeleton named Benjamin, a knife called Sheila and some Griever slush. A night of return after 372 moons in the maze, on one fateful night, G...