𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πŽπ€πƒ π“π‘πˆπ ✩ Mi...

Por mazewriterrr

When Frypan invites his friend Quinn Parker over to a road trip with him and his friends, it turns out a lot... MΓ‘s

T H E R O A D T R I P
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
A/N
Extra's!!
One-shots

017

2.7K 90 337
Por mazewriterrr

S E V E N T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

"Y'all are the dumbest people I have ever shuckin' met." Minho grumbled at our friends the second we stepped out of the Uber.

Most were covered in mud, sweating, with broken bikes. What the hell could've gone so wrong when they were just biking?

"Please just let me sit in that Uber." Thomas groaned and jumped in, followed by the rest of us.

Small problem, the seats were divided in a way we were never able to fit in there normally.

We were with ten, and the Uber had nine seats. In the front were three seats where the driver sat. Winston and Aris managed to claim a place there. Then in the middle were five chairs. Two of them were across from the other three and leaned against the front ones.

Then in the back, weird, there was one single seat that seemed to be meant for a kid.

Everyone rushed to get a seat as fast as they could. I for once also managed to get one. Thomas ended up all the way in the back, and Sonya on Harriet's lap. The driver was nice enough to let us stay like this for a while.

I was squeezed between Frypan and Newt, suddenly quite small, after all.

"Wait. I have an idea." Thomas leaned forward to look at us. "Can we go eat something? I'm hungry as hell! Just a snackbar or something."

A thoughtful silence before, "Pannenkoeken." Minho said. "We can eat those. They're... basically thin pancakes, but not as thin as a wrap. Just as big as a wrap, though."

"Oeh, now that sounds good!" Thomas clapped his hands and made Winston tell the driver where to go.

"Actually," The male started in his extreme Dutch accent. "I've got a break in like ten minutes. I could wait for you all to come back as I get some food for myself. How does that sound?"

"Goed." Said Minho. "Very good. I'll pay extra."

Frypan was whispering something to Newt in the mean while. I looked up with big, confused eyes. "Watcha talking about?"

"Nothing too interesting for you." I received a smile full of mischief from Frypan. Newt was smiling deeply, too.

Twenty minutes later we jumped out of the hot Uber, since with that many people it got warm fast. The driver had parked us close to a 'pannenkoeken' restaurant, one he recommended.

Happily, we walked in, got welcomed nicely, then sat down at a long table. On the menu were dozens of different pannenkoeken. Some with apple, bacon, or cheese baked in it, some with sugar on top of it, some with cherries... anything you could think of was there.

I chose the most casual one. A pannenkoek with syrup and icing sugar. We made our orders, glad the people talked a bit English, and waited.

Again, Frypan and Newt were whispering, but this time to others, too. I frowned and crossed my arms, still wanting to know what was going on.

"What are they whispering about?" I asked Minho. He sat next to me, wearing a dark blue blouse with casual black pants.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I don't care."

Of course you don't care. I exhaled and turned to look around in the warm place. It was small, but cheerful. People around us were eating. The walls were made of real bricks with fireplaces spread everywhere. A bar where drinks were sold and behind that, a white door to the kitchen.

It took about fifteen minutes for our food to arrive. I was curious to taste the thing, mostly wondering if it was literally just a big pancake or actually different.

Teresa told us we were supposed to roll it up and then cut it into pieces, so I did that, and put it in my mouth.

The syrup was very sweet, but nice on my tongue. The pannenkoek itself tasted a bit like a pancake, but somehow different. Indescribable different. 

I did really enjoy eating it and for once, it was completely silent at our table. Everyone was eating happily, sometimes taking a sip of their drinks (most of us had beer).

After about twenty more minutes, we finished. The food didn't take long to eat, though it filled my stomach pretty well. Cheerful, I joined the others back outside again, where we had to wait a a while for the driver to come back.

"Alright." He smiled at us. "Want music? Volksmuziek? Typical Dutch."

"Yes!" Thomas nodded so hard I thought he might've gotten dizzy.

"Please." Newt added in a mutter.

"Okay, then. Hop in, kiddos."

What was very strange, was that Winston and Aris slid into the front seat like robots, Frypan and Newt triumphantly sat down in the middle, followed by all the girls, and an excited Thomas.

I barely got the chance to blink when all that happened. Neither did Minho, who still stood next to me.

"Come on! Time to go in before we leave without you!" Thomas pointed at the single backseat. "Sorry. We didn't notice we—."

"Oh, fuck off." Minho interrupted. "You know damn well what you did, man. I ain't dumb."

And yet he sat down.

I had no idea what to do. No idea if Minho would be okay with me sitting on his lap and if I would even be okay.

"Don't have all the time of the world, Parker." Harriet whistled at me.

Minho shrugged at me again. Patted on his lap. "Guess you have no choice."

"Are you sure?" I stared at the others. "I can sit with Teresa. Or on the ground. Yeah, I'll go—."

"Get on Minho's bloody lap!" Newt blurted out. It caused a few of us to laugh.

Awkwardly, I sat down on the edge of his knee, trying not to put my whole weight on him with a straight back.

"Gotta put on the seatbelt." Minho told me. "Remember? For a lot of safety?"

My face already turned red at that memory. "Yeah, right."

A few seconds of silence between us. By now, the driver had started the car and also the music, putting the speakers so loud I was barely able to hear anyone but Minho. The others were too busy vibing to the music anyways.

"You're gonna need to lean back if you want me to put the seatbelt on, Quinn." Minho hinted.

Finally, it snapped in my mind. "Oh, yeah! Sorry."

Carefully, I leaned back just enough for him to put the belt on. I couldn't deny that I wasn't nervous as hell, though I didn't exactly know why. 

Minho's hands uncomfortably hung beside the chair. I gathered all the confidence I had and reached out for them. Close to cringing to myself, I put them on my waist so... he would keep balance.

I expected him to let go, but his grip stayed tight on my body. It felt like his hands were burning through it. In a good way.

Twilight had fallen outside. It was getting darker and darker as we drove, not to mention that it also got even hotter in the car, too.

I could feel Minho's breathing tickle against my neck. I almost gasped every time he did that, stunned how such a spontaneous act could do such things to me.

"So..." I started, rubbing my own knees because I didn't know what else to do. "Was this your secret plan?"

Please let him hear the sarcasm.

He gasped lightly. "Oh, you caught me, Princess. Just could not resist the opportunity."

It was the best thing he played along. I smiled brightly, also glad the ice was breaking a little.

"I hope you're enjoying the view. One-time offer, my guy." I grinned.

He leaned closer to my ear. I was practically able to sense his grin. "Oh, trust me... I will cherish every this moment forever. Who needs personal space anyway?"

"Yeah. We're like two peas in a pot."

"Or magnets."

I giggled. "Magnetic peas in a pot."

He let out a laugh too before readjusting me on his lap, forcing me to lean back instead is sitting on the top of his knee.

"You okay, though?"

I nodded. "Are you?"

"Yeah." He assured.

A silence with his breaths, that were starting to speed up, hitting my skin again.

I shivered a good shiver, but also wiped my sweaty palms on my bare legs. Hopefully that would make them less sweaty.

"Quinn?" He was whispering close to my ear. Worried, but... dominant at once.

"Hm?"

"You won't sneak out tonight again, will you?" He muttered to me. A slight squeeze in my waist.

"I won't." I promised.

"Good." He moved his head away from my ear. It was still awkward to sit on his lap like this, but I was starting to get more comfortable.

And then I froze.

Minho was trailing his hand to my thigh.

I didn't know how to react. Just felt him softly touch my skin with his fingers, moving closer to my bare skin. I soon did have to courage to ask what he was doing.

"Fixing your skirt." He explained, using both his hands now. "And all done."

Luckily it was too dark in the Uber to see my red face. "Thank you." A pause. "They put us here on purpose, didn't they?"

"Definitely." His tone turned deeper. I relaxed my tense muscles as he put his hands back on my waist. "Next time, I'll get Thomas and Newt back for this."

"I'll join happily." I smiled brightly, my mouth opening to let out a quiet, but genuine, laugh.

Minho made me happy. As if nothing else I was struggling with mattered anymore. As if in a room or Uber full with people, we were the only ones existing.

And then boom, the nice moment was over. The car stopped and so did the music that had been playing the whole time. It was dark outside by now.

Everyone stepped out of the car while I actually wanted to keep sitting, but couldn't. Slowly, Minho removed his hands off my waist, whispering to be careful when I stepped out of the car.

We arrived by the hotel safely and waved goodbye to the driver as Minho handed him some money. Then he drove away, leaving me with one of the best experiences printed in my mind.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okayy, both credits to the book Icebreaker (even though this is anything but extreme like that), and credits to my amazing friend, sunnysxnfl0wer who came up with the Uber idea, too! ❤️

Hope you enjoyed!! - Vera

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

981K 27K 32
[COMPLETED] Minho promised himself he'd never fall for her. Yet, here he was, tripping over his own feet. The keeper of the runners had always liked...
199K 3.2K 32
You are a runner and the only girl in the glade. Everyone is very protective of you. Minho has a huge crush on you and all the gladers tease him abou...
36.7K 1.2K 32
❝you like the girl shank, don't you?❞ | going poker-faced, minho stammered, ❝what?❞ ~ ✡ the new girl finds herself in the glade, but being the only g...
19.8K 414 19
Y/n was one of the first few people to enter Janson's 'safe haven', along with Aris. As a new group of people show up, the chaos begins. what will y...