(Sidon x Reader) The Out Of B...

By SpiritOfSidon

Being a resident of Lurelin Village, you happened to be quite unlucky in a lot of regards. It was as if there... More

1: The Start Of A Legend
2: The Start Of A New Life
3: Sidon, Prince Of The Zora
4: The Beginning of Strange Correlations
5: An Audience With The King
6: An Adventure With The Prince
7: Rumors And Memories
8: The Secrets Of The Spirit
9: A Break In The Domain
10: The Talk Of Town
11: The Budding Of Something
12: Morfran, Prince Of The Abyss
13: A Promise With A Smile
14: Out On The Road Again
15: Another Piece To The Puzzle
16: The Purity Of Spirit
17: Head Over Heels
18: An Unexpected Engagement
Author's Notes: Additional Content
19: The Korok's Game
21: A Personal Problem
22: The Princess Of Hyrule, Zelda
23: The Champion Festival
24: Sowing The Seeds Of Fate
25: The Catalyst
26: The Multitude Of Mysteries
27: The Unknown Future
28: Past Stories

20: The Straw That Snapped

237 12 3
By SpiritOfSidon

(Y/n) had just finished packing away all her belongings when Kodah and Kayden were welcoming her back to the Domain. They of course had a few questions to ask her, what with her just getting back from being on another important journey with Sidon.

"Had a fun trip with the prince, (Y/n)?" Kayden asked her with a grin.

"What was it like to have to deal with those horrifying Ocean Zora?" Kodah questioned her, while (Y/n) was sitting on one of the beds in the Inn. "It was... definitely an enlightening trip. Unfortunately, Sidon couldn't reason with them, so we are still at a stalemate." (Y/n) explained to them, as the two began to frown. That did not sound good at all.

"I am sorry to hear that, dear... But what do you mean by your trip being enlightening?" Kodah asked, going to go sit next to her, as (Y/n) sighed. She might as well confide in them about what had happened at the Lover's Pond.

"Well, maybe you two were... right. About me and Sidon. Something happened on our trip, and we... confessed our feelings to one another. He loves me, and I love him." (Y/n) murmured in a soft voice, feeling her cheeks getting more heated with each word she uttered.

Kodah and Kayden quickly looked at each other with a gasp, before they were then cheering with gleeful laughter. "Ha ha, I knew it!" Kodah giggled, making (Y/n) even more flustered by their reaction.

"B-But I didn't think he would actually like me in that way! Now, he might just try and convince the council into accepting the idea of him being engaged to me! From what I have heard about them, I know they wouldn't allow it, and it worries me a lot. I don't want Sidon to get into any trouble, especially since the Ocean Zora meeting went badly. Him doing that might just make things worse for him." (Y/n) started to ramble on, going to nervously fiddle with her secret stone.

"Engaged?! He really is certain of his love for you if he wants to do that! I am not sure how it is where you are from, but an engagement here is a very serious deal, especially for the royal family. To be engaged to someone is to swear to live the rest of your life together with them, forever! That you will accept no other!" Kayden explained to (Y/n) in awe.

"It seems he is following in his dear sister's footsteps..." Kodah hummed to herself, which made (Y/n) look up at her. "What do you mean?"

(Y/n) was aware that Mipha had feelings for Link, but due to fate, that never came to pass.

"There are many traditions that we Zora follow, especially the royal family. One of these traditions includes the princess making a special garment, the Zora Armor, for the man she plans to be married to. Our late princess, Mipha, had crafted such an armor for Link. That was how serious her affection was for him, but of course, it sadly never came to be. Such an act however had made the council furious when they first found out about it. Mipha crafting him that Zora Armor was her basically telling them that she would only wish to be wedded to Link, and that she would refuse any other suitor. It is an act that is not taken lightly, and for Mipha of all people to do such a thing... It still remains quite a shock." Kodah told (Y/n), who was digesting this information.

These matters were taken that seriously... But wasn't it way too soon to be talking about engagement?

"I know what you're thinking, (Y/n), it's all over your face. Perhaps the reason Sidon is in such a hurry to marry you is because of another tradition of ours... If a royal Zora has not found someone to be wedded to by a certain age, then someone is picked out for them. Seldomly does a royal marry for love, it is usually just for the sake of creating a union that benefits the Domain, and for ensuring future heirs to the throne." Kayden explained, this tidbit of information making (Y/n)'s heart drop.

Sidon... Having to marry another? Ensuring future heirs?... Now there were even more problems to worry about. (Y/n) started to feel sick, and it showed in the way her face began to twist in concern.

"I... knew the royal family had their own set of rules and the like, but... Wow... I really am in over my head, more than I was already! What am I going to do?..." (Y/n) held her face with her hands, feeling a hand rest on her shoulder soon after.

"Remember what I told you before, (Y/n). You two love each other, and there is no stronger force in the world than love. Even if the council has objections, I am sure it will turn out right in the end. Fate is funny in that way." Kodah tried to reassure her, before bringing her into a hug.

(Y/n) appeared so scared, so unsure of this situation. It was definitely a situation that couldn't be taken lightly. The prince, the only heir to the throne, wanted to marry a commoner, one that wasn't even from this Domain! It might be just as taboo as Mipha choosing Link to be her future husband, and the council especially didn't approve of that when they found out.

"I-I... am just so worried. The Ocean Zora, the council... Everything. What if they punish Sidon?... What if they make him get married to someone else?... What if they ban me from the Domain, and I can never see him again?..." (Y/n) hiccuped in Kodah's arms, trembling softly. The idea of being apart from Sidon was gut wrenching, and the couple were able to tell just how much the prince meant to (Y/n).

"Then we will fight to keep you here! For a new arrival, you have done so much for us, and it would be absurd to kick you out, especially since you have so many loyal customers. We will not allow that to happen." Kayden told her with a firm nod.

"And if that doesn't work, then we will just simply devise a plan so you can see Sidon in secret, simple. Finley can serve as a messenger, since she is always in and out of the Domain anyway," Kodah suggested with a hum, going to gently stroke (Y/n)'s head to soothe her.

"But I doubt it will get to that point, so cheer up, dear. It will all turn out, you will see..." Kodah reassured her. (Y/n) hoped that she was right, and that she was just being paranoid over this situation. She never would have thought being in love would ever get this complicated. Now she had traditions to think about, and the prospect of heirs! It all was so troubling to her.

Kayden looked sympathetically at (Y/n). He was not used to seeing any Zora looking so glum. Wanting to get her mind off her current worries, he decided perhaps it was best to steer (Y/n)'s mind in another direction.

"Speaking of traditions... There is a festival coming up, one that celebrates our late princess Mipha. It is called the Champion Festival, and we have it on the anniversary of The Great Calamity every year. Such a festival will require everyone to dress their very best, which means not only a lot of business for your shop in the incoming days, but the chance for you to also make something for yourself and Sidon." Kayden suggested with a soft smile, which made (Y/n) raise her head to look at him. "Hm?..."

"It is customary for couples to have accessories that compliment each other, or outfits, if they are that dedicated. Kodah and I always wear matching bracelets when we attend the festival." Kayden explained to her. "You should definitely do something similar with Sidon, since you are to be engaged with him. Perhaps use a symbol that means something to the both of you. It could be our Domain's crest, the use of a certain color..." Kayden listed out, noting how the look of inspiration soon started to appear on (Y/n)'s face, her eyes starting to light up from her previous gloomy state.

"...That could be it. I have to get started, there is just so much ideas right now, and I have to narrow it down!" (Y/n) grinned softly, going to get up and go to look over her materials.

Kodah got up soon after, happy to see (Y/n)'s mood change as she walked over to her husband. "Good job cheering her up." She grinned, as Kayden merely chuckled. "Of course. She shouldn't have to worry about what the council thinks of her relationship with Sidon. If they love each other, then that should be the end all be all." He grinned.

While (Y/n) was figuring out what to make in particular for the upcoming Champion Festival, Sidon was now facing his father and the rest of the Council, bowing in respect before he was then giving his report to them.

"Unfortunately... Prince Morfran still refuses to meet our terms. He holds a deep resentment for the Kingdom of Hyrule, and for as long as we are allied with them, he and his faction will not yield to our terms." Sidon told them solemnly, his head down as he heard soft murmurs.

"I have sadly anticipated this. What of their faction in particular? How is their base of operations?" King Dorephan questioned his son, who soon raised his head to look up at him. "Heavily guarded, and extremely hostile. They have a well secured perimeter, and the only way in is through a waterfall that obscures the entrance. It troubles me why they seem on such high alert. It is almost like... they are hiding something." Sidon reported.

"I am certain that they are. Though, Sidon... Perhaps we can discuss this in more detail tomorrow. You just came back to the Domain. You should have some time to recuperate from your journey." King Dorephan suggested with a softer voice.

"If that is what you wish... But I have something else that I want to bring to your attention, something I want the Council of Elders to hear that is urgent." Sidon cleared his throat, going to stand fully upright as he looked his father right in the eyes.

"Go on." King Dorephan permitted.

"I have chosen the woman that I wish to marry. I wish to immediately be engaged to her, to ask for her hand." Sidon stated firmly, his gaze unwavering as the council and the king looked at him, gobsmacked. Sidon has finally chosen?!

"Who is she? Where does she hail from?" Muzu was quick to ask, always the one very adamant of following the rules and traditions to a T. He out of all the members of the council would be the most trickiest to convince. Mipha didn't even dare tell Muzu of her feelings for Link, so Sidon already knew the uphill battle he was in for with choosing (Y/n) to be his fiancee.

"I believe you are all aware of her in some shape or another. She has selflessly aided me, and has became a big contributor to our prosperity and our economy. I am talking of none other than (Y/n)." Sidon said with all the confidence in the world, his gaze still unwavering as the council then erupted with disapproval, not believing what they were hearing.

"You do not mean the same (Y/n) that is but a mere jewelry maker? A commoner from outside our Domain? Have you gone completely mad?!" Muzu gawked at him, his eyes narrowing at the prince as Sidon growled at him. "I will not tolerate any sort of disrespect towards her!"

"Silence." King Dorephan ordered with a raised hand, instantly silencing both the prince and the council, that were giving Sidon incredulous looks.

"Sidon... Though (Y/n) is a respectable woman, and I appreciate all that she has done for the Domain so far, I am afraid I can not allow this to come to pass. She is unfamiliar with how to conduct herself as a royal, and surely does not have the combat training required for nobility. She is not fit, and it is tradition that you marry a princess, which she is not." The king told him in an even tone, one that only served to irritate Sidon further.

"Then I will teach her our ways, I will teach her to be the perfect princess! Her heart is kind and true, and I love her! Is that not reason enough to accept my plea?" He tried to reason.

"Your duty is to best serve the Domain, a duty in which you have yet to properly fulfill! Now you wish to marry a commoner, knowing you are the only heir left to the throne! Such a union would only weaken the Domain, and in the face of new potential aggressors, that is the last thing we need! We of course will not accept your plea!" Muzu shook his head with a frown.

"Of course it has come to this... All because she is a commoner. One's birth does not make one suitable to lead, their heart does!" Sidon argued, his eyes sharp as razors.

"Sidon! Mind your tone!" King Dorephan raised his voice.

"I have always done everything you all have asked of me, with no questions! I have tolerated being belittled for my personal actions, for the way I have conducted myself... None of it is right, I didn't choose to be born a prince! I love this Domain, I do with all my heart, but I love (Y/n) too! She is one of the few people who sees me for who I am! The one and only time I have a request, and it still cannot be accepted?! All because she is a commoner?!" Sidon shouted, his entire body trembling with anger as he clenched his fists.

"If I cannot get your blessings, then I will give her the Zora's Sapphire! That is how serious I am!" Sidon barked, a statement that made the council even more furious.

"Y-Your majesty, Prince Sidon has gone completely mad!" Muzu stated with a growl.

The Zora's Sapphire is an ancient treasure passed down throughout the royal family. It was known as the absolute last stand for an engagement, due to its grave importance. If a royal Zora were to give it to anyone, regardless of their status, then by Zora Law that royal will not wed another if it is not the person of their choice. No royal had ever dared to use it for an engagement ring in a long time... And the last one who did was the one who had created the law after her engagement fell through, hoping another royal would not have to face the same fate as she did.

King Dorephan was quite surprised with just how serious Sidon was with marrying (Y/n). He thought Sidon didn't care who he would eventually be arranged to marry, since he never showed an interest for things such as romance. He never seemed to make an effort to find a suitable princess, either. Now here he was, very much not being obedient for once. He honestly was not sure how to make of the situation, especially since Sidon seemed more than willing to go to the lengths of even giving (Y/n) the Zora's Sapphire.

"...Father, please. I speak now as your son. I at the very least wish for you to support me in this decision. I do not want to resort to the Zora's Sapphire, but I will if I have to." Sidon's voice softened, speaking in a solemn tone now. "I love (Y/n), she is my soulmate, the only one I can see spending the rest of my life with. You know I do not say these words lightly, you know it, so please... Just give me your blessing. Allow me to freely marry (Y/n) without having to resort to the law surrounding the Zora's Sapphire..."

There was such conviction in the prince's eyes, a conviction that was impossible to ignore. He was not going to yield to this matter, the king was able to tell that much. However, neither were the council, by the stern looks they were giving Sidon for his impudence.

King Dorephan took a long sigh, closing his eyes momentarily, before looking back at his son.

"Sidon... You must think about what is best for the Domain. If you go through with this, there will be consequences the whole of the Domain will feel. You must choose a woman suited to lead." The king stressed, causing Sidon's gaze to break down into a look that resembled sorrow. King Dorephan hasn't seen Sidon have that look in about a century, a fact that ached his heart.

"I-I see... Then all these years of unwavering support towards you mean absolutely nothing. It is just expected of me, right? I can not even be trusted to make one decision, such as marrying the woman who I love. I am sorry to have wasted your time." Sidon fought a frown as he tried to remain stone faced now, going to bow his head.

"You have the nerve to now leave without apologizing for your egregious behavior?!" Muzu hissed.

"Why should I have to apologize for loving (Y/n)?" Sidon simply retorted, before he was raising his head, and leaving the throne room.

When he saw Captain Bazz, he walked up to him. "Bazz, can you relay a message to (Y/n)? Tell her that unfortunately our meeting is delayed until tomorrow." He ordered the captain, who merely nodded in the affirmative, as the prince was then walking briskly away.

Once he was passing the east bridge of the Domain, Sidon was then swimming up the waterfalls with post haste, until he was running up the stairs to a familiar location.

That was when he started to break down, falling before Mipha. "M-Mipha... This is a grief like none other... I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but... They were so vehement in their disdain for (Y/n), for the woman I love! Why are they like this, Mipha? Why?!" He questioned, his hands covering his face so no one, not even Mipha, would be able to see just how pained he was at that moment.

That was it, this was the last straw. After all he has done for them, if they did not change their mind before the deadline to him being engaged arrives, then he will just give (Y/n) the Zora's Sapphire. He really did wish that it didn't have to come down to that, that at least he would get his father's approval, but by the looks of things, there is a very slim chance any one of them would change their mind before then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1.1K 17
You were just a girl in a village doing alright, then suddenly you became a princess overnight. No just kidding, this is my attempt of one of those "...
10.7K 1.2K 46
♌-- Book III of the Astral Guardians Series --♈ To fulfill his late mother's dream has always been En's aim in life. Even though he's not sure he wil...
534 23 28
"It must be quite something, a feeling like this... it is quite something. Wanting someone for so long that in your head they were yours and with som...
3.1K 103 21
It was an endless cycle where he'd never fall for you. You've been betrayed and disappointment that Link will never accept you for who you are. You...