โœ“ | ๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข...

By -ruffierosefanfics

๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ณ Maristela Greyhame is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and upon... More

๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™…๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ
1.1 | An Unexpected Request
1.2 | The Dwarven King
1.3 | Shared Stories
1.4 | Stupid Trolls
1.5 | Valley of Imraldis
1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight
1.7 | Goblin Town
1.8 | The Pale Orc
1.9 | Aftermath
1.10 | Making Memories
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™–๐™ช๐™œ
2.1 | Beorn, Old Friend
2.2 | Mirkwood Spiders
2.3 | King Thranduil
2.4 | The Prince
2.5 | Escaping Mirkwood
2.6 | Bard, Their Smuggler
2.7 | Laketown
2.8 | To Erebor
2.9 | Morgul Poison
2.10 | What Have We Done?
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™š๐™จ
3.1 | Smaug's Attack
3.2 | Tainted Desire
3.3 | The Arkenstone
3.4 | Lord Dรกin Ironfoot
3.5 | To The King!
3.6 | Ravenhill
3.7 | Durin's End
3.8 | Goodbye Erebor
3.9 | Farewell Bilbo
3.10 | Oh, Rivendell
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell
4.2 | The Meeting
4.4 | The Journey Begins
4.5 | Saurmon's Chant
4.6 | Mines of Moria
4.7 | Balin's Tomb
4.8 | Flame of Udรปn
4.9 | Lothlรณrien
4.10 | The Fellowship Falls
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
5.1 | Tracking Orcs
5.2 | Riding to Edoras
5.3 | Stubborn Men
5.4 | Mama's Boy
5.5 | Elven Aid
5.6 | Riders of Rohirrim
๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐€๐œ๐ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
6.1 | Isengard
6.2 | Rohan's Celebration
6.3 | The Beacons
6.4 | Dimholt road
6.5 | War In Minas Tirith
6.6 | The Battle Continues
6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra
6.8 | The Black Gate
6.9 | One True King

4.3 | The Fellowship

1.6K 73 13
By -ruffierosefanfics

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

MARISTELA LEANED AGAINST THE WALL WITHIN FRODO'S ROOM watching Frodo and Bilbo as the eldest of the two prepared his nephew for the journey coming his way. Bilbo held out his own sword, sliding it out of a shabby leather scabbard to reveal a polished blade that was clearly well looked after. "My old sword Sting... here, take it!" Bilbo encouraged Frodo who takes the sword, marvelling at the sight of the weapon. "It's so light," Frodo exclaimed to his uncle. "Yes, yes, made by Elves, you know," Bilbo said with a motion towards Maristela who rolled her eyes with a smile.

"The blade glows blue when Orcs are close... and it's times like that, my lad, when you have to be extra careful," Bilbo expressed to Frodo who nodded his head before sheathing the sword and placing it down on the bed as Bilbo unwraps a familiar piece of armor causing Maristela to smile softly. "Here's a pretty thing. Mithril, as light as a feather, and as hard as dragon scales," Bilbo explained to Frodo who took the Mithril shirt. "Let me see you put it on. Come on," Bilbo encouraged. Frodo reached up to unbutton his shirt when Bilbo caught sight of the One Ring hanging from the chain that Maristela had given Frodo to make carrying the ring easier.

"Oh! My old Ring..." Bilbo exclaims softly in an entranced way, Maristela perked up at the look in Bilbo's eyes. Frodo frowned as he glanced from Maristela to Bilbo who had moved closer to him. "I should very much like to hold it again... one last time," Bilbo expressed as he reached forward with his eyes locked on the Ring. Suddenly, a shadow passed across Bilbo, for a split second he becomes a wrinkled creature with a hungry face and bony, groping hands. Frodo was pulled back by Maristela who seemed to blind Bilbo for moment as the shadow passed to reveal the former adventurer's true tired age.

Bilbo falters, his eyes glistening with tears as he steps away from the two, Maristela moving aside once Frodo had covered the Ring with his shirt again. "Oh... I'm sorry, that I brought this upon you, my boy... I'm sorry that you must carry this burden. I'm sorry for everything," Bilbo whimpered out. Frodo moved forward to comfort Bilbo while Maristela lowered her eyes with sorrow knowing that Bilbo held a lot of guilt on his shoulders but her view was different, in the hands of the Fellowship, that Ring would be destroyed compared to the knowledge that Gollum would have been killed and Sauron would rise to power again.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Maristela stood under the moonlight, it was the night before they would leave Rivendell to begin their journey to Mordor. "You seem troubled," Aragorn spoke as he stepped up next to her with concern clear in his eyes. "I'm worried about the quest," Maristela replied to him, she turned her head to look at Aragorn, "Something in the stars tonight tells me that a change is coming and it will have terrible consequences." Aragorn rested his hand on Maristela's shoulder, "When have you ever listened to the stars, Ma. You always said that we paved our own way and made our own destiny's."

Maristela smiled fondly at the man beside her, the once young boy she took in had grown into a true warrior destined to be King of Gondor, and she would see it happen; it would not become a repeat of what happened sixty years ago. "I am glad to hear you remembered my most important lesson, Aragorn," Maristela told him as she rested her hand over his, "Do not take my own fears as doubt for the Fellowship, Aragorn. It is simply concern." Aragorn nodded his head to Maristela before the two turned their attention to the stars in the night sky, the distant sound of a harp making the moment peaceful.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"You show those bastards who is boss," Gloin exclaimed to Maristela as he hugged her, despite the old age, embraced her in a tight hold. "I will do my best," Maristela told him as he finally let go, Gimli chuckling as he pulled his father back. "We can't leave if you hold her captive," Gimli told his father who wiped a stray tear. "I expect you to visit Erebor after you've succeeded in this quest," Gloin told Maristela sternly making her laugh before she kissed his cheek. "I promise," Maristela whispered while Gloin grinned before approaching his companions to leave to Erebor. "Look after my son," Gloin called out making Gimli shake his head.

"Attica," Maristela called softly, the large Wolfhound made his way towards her and brushed his head against her eliciting a giggle from her lips that caught Legolas' attention from where he was helping Pippin and Merry with their bags. "Ready for another long journey, Mellon," Maristela asked her Wolfhound companion who purred in response before turning his head to Sam, the Hobbit staring at the large creature with wide eyes. "He won't harm you, Samwise. He is a companion and quite a kind one at that," Maristela assured the Hobbit as Attica lowered to the ground and closed his eyes.

"What is he doing, Miss?" Sam asked while Maristela smiled. "He is showing that he trusts you," Aragorn spoke as he ran his own fingers through Attica's fur. Sam stepped forward and cautiously ran his own fingers through Attica's fur, smiling at the softness of it. "He's marvellous, Miss," Sam exclaimed as Attica purred in delight by his words. "He likes you, Sam. Should you ever need his help, he will hear your call," Maristela told him before looking at Frodo, Pippin, and Merry. "The same to you three," Maristela added with a slight bow of her head before spotting Bilbo.

"One moment," Maristela spoke before making her way over to her old friend. "It is strange to be seeing you off for another journey. How will you ever survive without me?" Bilbo asked cheekily, Maristela laughing softly at his teasing words. "I will do my very best to protect Frodo and the rest, Bilbo. And when this journey comes to its end, I'll tell you all about it," Maristela promised as she knelt down in front of Bilbo. "I will be awaiting your return, Mellon," Bilbo expressed before Maristela embraced him in a hug. "And I look forward to my return," Maristela replied before letting go and standing back up.

"Give 'em hell for me," Bilbo told Maristela, the youthful look in his eyes took her mind back to sixty years ago, the sight was nice to see. "Will do," Maristela winked before she bowed her head, making her way over to Attica as Gandalf said his farewell to Bilbo. "We aren't going to run into too much trouble, are we?" Pippin asked Maristela as she and Attica stepped up beside the Hobbit and his best friend. "Who knows but don't worry about that Pip. You've got two great swordsmen, a Dwarf always ready for a battle, a skilful Woodland Elf, an intelligent wizard, and an Elf who will do her best to keep you safe," Maristela assured the Hobbits, both of them smiled up at her as Attica nudged them.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The Fellowship finally set off from Rivendell towards the Misty Mountains, the feeling of Deja Vu hit Maristela as she shared a look with her father, Gandalf sending her a reassuring smile before focusing ahead again. "This is going to be a long journey, young Hobbits. You must be prepared for everything and anything to happen," Boromir informed them as he kept pace with Pippin and Merry, the two unskilled Hobbits willing to walk with the skilled fighter from Gondor. "Never underestimate the will of a Hobbit," Maristela spoke with a smile, "When Bilbo set off with me and Dwarves of Erebor, he wasn't half the warrior he became."

"No he was not. But as proven when given the opportunity, a Hobbit is a great warrior," Gandalf added with a fond smile, he always had faith in Hobbits. "By the end of this journey, you will have learned many new things about yourself and your own abilities," Boromir added as he glanced back at Maristela who nodded her head in agreement with the man. The Hobbits shared looks with one another with small smiles but softened looks in their eyes, they were rightfully nervous about the quest but they held trust in the Fellowship and what they are capable of. "It is a long road ahead," Aragorn spoke up from where he walked by Maristela's side, "But we will make it through."

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ ROSEMARY ✦ 」

And so the journey continues.

Thoughts on this chapter?
Theories? Suggestions? Predictions?
Things you wish to see?

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 13.8K 57
Aleana is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and a dear friend to Frodo Baggins. When the ring falls in the possession of Frodo, Gandalf asks Aleana to...
3.3K 93 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...
153K 5.8K 42
โIf more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place.โž - Thorin II Oakenshield Athena had left...
680 41 18
Thraina, daughter of Thorin, son of Thrain, is the only female born in her great family line. She is the next in line to the throne of Durin - the on...