โœ“ | ๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข...

By -ruffierosefanfics

๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ณ Maristela Greyhame is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and upon... More

๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™…๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ
1.1 | An Unexpected Request
1.2 | The Dwarven King
1.3 | Shared Stories
1.4 | Stupid Trolls
1.5 | Valley of Imraldis
1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight
1.7 | Goblin Town
1.8 | The Pale Orc
1.9 | Aftermath
1.10 | Making Memories
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™–๐™ช๐™œ
2.1 | Beorn, Old Friend
2.2 | Mirkwood Spiders
2.4 | The Prince
2.5 | Escaping Mirkwood
2.6 | Bard, Their Smuggler
2.7 | Laketown
2.8 | To Erebor
2.9 | Morgul Poison
2.10 | What Have We Done?
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™š๐™จ
3.1 | Smaug's Attack
3.2 | Tainted Desire
3.3 | The Arkenstone
3.4 | Lord Dรกin Ironfoot
3.5 | To The King!
3.6 | Ravenhill
3.7 | Durin's End
3.8 | Goodbye Erebor
3.9 | Farewell Bilbo
3.10 | Oh, Rivendell
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell
4.2 | The Meeting
4.3 | The Fellowship
4.4 | The Journey Begins
4.5 | Saurmon's Chant
4.6 | Mines of Moria
4.7 | Balin's Tomb
4.8 | Flame of Udรปn
4.9 | Lothlรณrien
4.10 | The Fellowship Falls
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
5.1 | Tracking Orcs
5.2 | Riding to Edoras
5.3 | Stubborn Men
5.4 | Mama's Boy
5.5 | Elven Aid
5.6 | Riders of Rohirrim
๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐€๐œ๐ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
6.1 | Isengard
6.2 | Rohan's Celebration
6.3 | The Beacons
6.4 | Dimholt road
6.5 | War In Minas Tirith
6.6 | The Battle Continues
6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra
6.8 | The Black Gate
6.9 | One True King

2.3 | King Thranduil

2.8K 122 8
By -ruffierosefanfics

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

THE DWARVES AND MARISTELA WERE LEAD THROUGH THE FOREST and over a bridge into the Woodland Realm. Fíli and Kíli kept Maristela close to them with the former keeping pressure to the wound on Maristela's shoulder, she had snapped the arrow so only the arrowhead and a small amount of the stick was in her shoulder. "Holo in ennyn (Close the gate)," Legolas ordered the guards, his eyes landing on Maristela as she walked by with the Durin brothers flanking her. Bilbo, invisible, is running along the bridge and toward the gate. Legolas turns, sensing something, and looks down the bridge despite seeing nothing there.

The Dwarves and Maristela are led through the raised wooden walkways of the Woodland Realm. The entire place is built out of tree roots in a subterranean cavern and sitting upon a throne ahead of them is the King of Mirkwood, Thranduil. Maristela had heard many stories about King Thranduil and none of them spoke of any kindness or compassion for others outside his own kin. The Dwarves were pushed to the side of the throne room as an Elf grabbed Maristela from the brothers. "Hey!" Fíli protested but Maristela shook her head at him with a reassuring smile.

As the Dwarves are dragged to the cells, Maristela is lead towards the throne where the King stood with a conniving smile. "Well, my dear, explain to me why a young Elleth such as yourself is in the company of Dwarves," King Thranduil inquired while Maristela glared at him knowing her friends would not be released under his own will. "I enjoy their company," Maristela replied vaguely, she reached for the arrow in her shoulder and pulled it free, tossing it to the King's feet. "Do return that to Tauriel and tell her to better her aim cause next time, she will fall to my sword," Maristela warned harshly.

King Thranduil was amused as he stood from the throne and stepped down, he held his hand out as Legolas walked into the room and placed the Sword of Raelia into the King's hands. "The Sword of Raelia is a very famous sword that can only be wield by those who are worthy," King Thranduil spoke as Legolas stood by the throne, his eyes focused on Maristela's bleeding shoulder; she barely acknowledged it and it worried the blonde Elf Prince. "So tell me, young Elleth, what makes you worthy to carry such a blade amongst scum?" King Thranduil questioned with a sadistic smirk.

"I am Marisol Maladrosa, daughter of Estelle Maladrosa; Warrior of Imraldis," Maristela spoke with her head high, her brown eyes staring into the King's without fear or hesitation; nor any respect for the King in front of her. Legolas was shocked to know who she was, stories spoke of the Elleth Ranger that fought in many battles, she stood alone against Gundabad Orcs and survived. "Ah, Maristela Greyhame," King Thranduil spoke as he stood to his full height again, Maristela tried to hide her surprise at the King's knowledge of her father.

"I've heard many stories but our conversation will have to wait. Your wound is bad and I believe those Dwarves are worried for you," King Thranduil said as he placed the sword on a mantle alongside Orcrist. Legolas moved forward and carefully gripped Maristela's uninjured arm before leading her towards the cells where the Dwarves were locked up, she ignored his presence but Legolas felt strange as he watched her from the corner of his eye. The way she fought against him and the way she stood against his father without hesitation were things that stood out to him.

Once they had reached the cells, they walked by the others who all were alert seeing Maristela walking by. "Mari!" Kíli exclaimed catching his brothers attention. "Mar, you okay?" Fíli asked as they got closer to his cell, Legolas watched as Maristela reached through the cell door to grab Fíli's hand. "I'm okay," Maristela assured him, she had seen his actions back during her duel against Legolas, who didn't like seeing the way the Dwarf was looking at Maristela. It was similar to how his brother had looked at his best friend, Tauriel and while he only wished her happiness, falling for a Dwarf was forbidden.

Legolas pulled Maristela along into the cell next to Fíli's, the cell door closed behind her. "I'll return with some healing salves for your shoulder," Legolas told her but she ignored him as she sat down on the stone bed, her back against the wall as she closed her eyes. Legolas watched for a moment longer before turning and walking away, he glared at Fíli who glared back before rushing to retrieve what he needed to fix up Maristela's shoulder. "You like her," Tauriel spoke as she stepped out of the shadows next to her best friend.

"Don't be ridiculous, Tauriel. She's a prisoner who trepasses onto our lands. And she associates with Dwarven scum," Legolas replied to her but he knew she didn't buy his words, especially due to her own interest in Kíli Durin. "You mustn't run from it, Legolas. You would have a chance with her, she is an Elleth of Rivendell," Tauriel spoke up causing Legolas to falter, he knew she was right but he saw the look the Dwarf gave her; He also saw the look that Maristela gave the Dwarf. "It does not matter. Her life is tied to the cells now," Legolas replied before making his way back to her cell with the items he needed for her shoulder.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Thorin stood before King Thranduil in the throne room having been dragged there once Maristela had been taken to the cells. "Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive: attempted burglary, or something of that ilk," King Thranduil spoke before looking closely at Thorin, "You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule: the King's Jewel, the Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help."

Thorin watched King Thranduil closely before speaking, "I am listening." King Thranduil smirked, "I will let you go, if you but return what is mine. However, Maristela is to stay." Thorin raised a brow at that, he didn't like the idea of leaving Maristela behind, she was too important to the Dwarves now; she was a dear friend to Thorin and he wouldn't abandon her. "A favor for a favor," Thorin voiced as though he was tempted by the King's offer. "You have my word. One King to another," King Thranduil assured him.

Thorin stops walking, still facing away from Thranduil, he speaks, "I would not trust Thranduil, the great King, to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us!" Thorin spins around and points at Thranduil, now shouting, "You lack all honor! I've seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help, but you turned your back. I would not leave Maristela, my friend, in your cells. You turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us. Imrid amrad ursul! (Die a death of flames)"

King Thranduil leaps down from his throne and puts his face right in front of Thorin's. "Do not talk to me of Dragon fire. I know its wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the north," King Thranduil's face contorts showing past burns and scars from his past encounter with dragons, his left eye milky and unseeing; He draws away and his face returns to normal. "I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen," King Thranduil spoke as he turned and walked up the steps to his throne, "You are just like him. Stat here if you will and rot. She stays either way. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an Elf. I am patient. I can wait."

Guards grabbed Thorin and hauled him toward the dungeons while King Thranduil watched with a sadistic grin upon his face. Thorin is thrown into the cell beside the other Dwarves and his jailer walks away with a ring of jangling keys. "Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asked from his own cell. "He did. I told him he could go "Ish kakhfê ai'd dur rugnur!" (I spit upon your grave) ─ him and all his kin!" Thorin replied to Balin who closed his eyes and signs wearily in frustration. "Well... that's it then. A deal was our only hope," Balin spoke up. "Not our only hope," Thorin spoke knowing that Bilbo was out there and he'd find a way to save them, Thorin had faith in that.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Bilbo, invisible, sneaks through the Woodland Realm when suddenly, King Thranduil steps out from behind a corner and seemingly addresses him. "I know you're there. Why do you linger in the shadows?" King Thranduil questioned, Bilbo is petrified thinking he was caught when Tauriel steps out of the shadows. "I was coming to report to you," Tauriel answered him. "I thought I ordered that nest to be destroyed not two moons past," King Thranduil scolded Tauriel. "We cleared the forest as ordered, my lord, but more spiders keep coming up from the south. They are spawning in the ruins of Dol Guldur; if we could kill them at the source--"

King Thranduil interrupts her, "That fortress lies beyond our borders. Keep our lands clear of those foul creatures, that is your task." Bilbo frowned hearing the way King Thranduil had no care for the lands outside his own as they continued talking. "And when we drive them off, what then? Will they not spread to other lands?" Tauriel asked him with concern in her eyes. "Other lands are not my concern. The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom, we will endure," King Thranduil told her.

Bilbo sneaks away; Thranduil, hearing a noise caused by Bilbo, looks his way. However, he looks back at Tauriel as she bows and turns to walk away. "Legolas informs me that you fought well today, though you were responsible for this," King Thranduil spoke as he held up the arrow that had been in Maristela's shoulder. "She held her blade to his throat," Tauriel defended while King Thranduil smirked. "She warns to inform you that should you shoot her again, you will miss and face death by her sword," King Thranduil warned Tauriel who grew tense, she remembered Legolas' look of affection towards Maristela.

"Your son seemed fond of the Elleth within the Company," Tauriel said, "But I do not think you would allow your son to pledge himself to a prisoner." King Thranduil raised a brow at her words, "You are right. I would not. Perhaps it is smart to not give him hope where there is none. Encourage him away from the Elleth." Tauriel frowned at those words, she had been waiting for the day her best friend found someone he deemed worthy; someone his very soul called for and based on the way Legolas had looked at Maristela, it was clear he already held hope no matter how much he denied it.

Tauriel had left the King to his lonesome, she headed towards the cells but stopped upon seeing Legolas walking towards her with a stoic expression. "Legolas?" Tauriel spoke softly but he brushed past her and disappeared down the hall. Tauriel furrowed her brows and made her way down the path towards the cell that Legolas had left from, however, she came to a stop outside Kíli's cell. Maristela leaned against the cell door, her eyes watching the brunette Elf as she stepped closer to Kíli's cell door. "The stone in your hand, what is it?" Tauriel asked the younger Durin.

"It is a tailsman. A powerful spell lies upon it. If any but a Dwarf reads the runes on this stone  they will be forever cursed," Kìli quickly holds up the stone toward Tauriel and she steps back slightly. She begins to walk away but stops when Kíli speaks again in a laughing manner, "Or not, depending on whether you believe that kind of thing. It's just a token." Kíli smiles up at the Elleth and she smiles back. "A runestone. My mother gave it to me so I'd remember my promise," Kíli continued. "What promise?" Tauriel asked him. "That I will come back to her," Kíli answered her making Tauriel smile.

Maristela grinned to herself as she listened to Tauriel and Kíli talk to each other, her own encounter with Legolas fading from mind as she witnessed Kíli falling in love with Tauriel who clearly felt the similar flutter of love throughout her body. Maristela moved to sit back on the stone, her fingers threaded through her hair detangling it as she processed everything that had happened over the past twenty-four hours. She knew that Bilbo was out there and if the Ring he carried was the one she believed it to be, then he would be on his way to help them sooner than they all believe; and she was prepared for that.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

「 ✦ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 ✦ 」

King Thranduil may be hot but not to Maristela, he's a complete asshole to her.

Thoughts on why Thranduil wants Maristela to stay there?

Thoughts on Thorin protecting Maristela?

Thoughts on Thranduil being against the idea of his son and Maristela?

Thoughts on why Legolas stormed out of the dungeon past Tauriel?

Extra thoughts on this chapter?
Predictions? Theories? Suggestions?

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 2K 33
Story Rankings as of 9/11/2022 #36 elf out of 9.2k stories #22 aragorn out of 1.7k stories #7 theonering out of 87 stories Raewyn has a special backg...
51.4K 1.7K 7
60 years have passed since Erebor was reclaimed and the Ring of Power has been found. Lord Elrond of Rivendell has sent word to all the Kingdoms of M...
198K 2.3K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
81K 1.6K 24
When Y/N daughter of Elrond gets a letter from Gandalf, she goes for a quest to the shire. There she meets 13 dwarves and a hobbit. They become unexp...