โœ“ | ๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข...

By -ruffierosefanfics

๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ณ Maristela Greyhame is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and upon... More

๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™…๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ
1.1 | An Unexpected Request
1.2 | The Dwarven King
1.3 | Shared Stories
1.4 | Stupid Trolls
1.5 | Valley of Imraldis
1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight
1.7 | Goblin Town
1.8 | The Pale Orc
1.10 | Making Memories
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™–๐™ช๐™œ
2.1 | Beorn, Old Friend
2.2 | Mirkwood Spiders
2.3 | King Thranduil
2.4 | The Prince
2.5 | Escaping Mirkwood
2.6 | Bard, Their Smuggler
2.7 | Laketown
2.8 | To Erebor
2.9 | Morgul Poison
2.10 | What Have We Done?
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™š๐™จ
3.1 | Smaug's Attack
3.2 | Tainted Desire
3.3 | The Arkenstone
3.4 | Lord Dรกin Ironfoot
3.5 | To The King!
3.6 | Ravenhill
3.7 | Durin's End
3.8 | Goodbye Erebor
3.9 | Farewell Bilbo
3.10 | Oh, Rivendell
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell
4.2 | The Meeting
4.3 | The Fellowship
4.4 | The Journey Begins
4.5 | Saurmon's Chant
4.6 | Mines of Moria
4.7 | Balin's Tomb
4.8 | Flame of Udรปn
4.9 | Lothlรณrien
4.10 | The Fellowship Falls
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
5.1 | Tracking Orcs
5.2 | Riding to Edoras
5.3 | Stubborn Men
5.4 | Mama's Boy
5.5 | Elven Aid
5.6 | Riders of Rohirrim
๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐€๐œ๐ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
6.1 | Isengard
6.2 | Rohan's Celebration
6.3 | The Beacons
6.4 | Dimholt road
6.5 | War In Minas Tirith
6.6 | The Battle Continues
6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra
6.8 | The Black Gate
6.9 | One True King

1.9 | Aftermath

1.3K 80 17
By -ruffierosefanfics

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The Eagles soar through the sky over a great distance and over many landscapes with the sun rising in the distance. Thorin lies unconscious in an Eagle's talons; the others looking on in worry over the Dwarg Prince. Bilbo turns his gaze to the Eagle in the back, Maristela lying on its back as she takes in unsteady breaths from the pain in her side; ultimately, her entire body is in pain. The Eagles approach a massive rock structure shaped like a bear; it is known as the Carrock, a few hour's distance from the threats upon the Misty Mountains. Maristela moves her hand to the cut deep in her side, she closes her eyes and focuses on it as the wound healed leaving a scar.

The Eagle carrying Thorin gently deposits him and his sword on a flat area on top of the Carrock, another Eagle lands on the Carrock and Gandalf slides off its neck, running towards the unconscious Thorin. "Thorin! Thorin!" Gandalf exclaimed as Bilbo ran up, Maristela following behind after Bofur helped her off of her Eagle. "Marisol!" Gandalf called out, the Elleth rushed over to Thorin's side and placed her hand on the side of his face with the others watching. "Heal with i rod plural rodyn im gar- been given, leave i naeg in i past," Maristela whispered in Elvish as the silver ring upon her finger began to glow leaving the Company in awe; the Dwarven Prince healing from his wounds slowly.

( Heal with the power I have been given, leave the pain in the past. )

Maristela fell back due to exhaustion, Fili catching her in his arms and moving her enough to rest her head upon his shoulder. The Elleth hadn't been able to heal Thorin completely but she had managed to heal the wounds leading him on the path of death. Thorin's eyes flutter open and he gasps for air, "The Halfing and Elf?" Maristela rested her hand on his shoulder, Thorin looked at her and nodded his head; the glow of utter respect in his eyes that an Elf had never received from a Dwarf before. "It's all right. Bilbo is here. He's quite safe," Gandalf assured the Dwarf Prince.

Dwalin and Kili help Thorin up, however, once he is up, he shrugs them off and approaches Bilbo with a stoic expression. "You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the Wild and that you have no place amongst us?" Thorin snapped at Bilbo with every step, Bilbo appeared worried and frightened but Fili noticed the Elleth in his arms didn't appear defensively in support of the young Hobbit, like she normally would be. "I've never been so wrong in all my life!" Thorin added before he grabbed Bilbo and embraced the Halfing.

The other Dwarves cheer loudly and slap each other on the back as Maristela turns her head to make eye contact with Fili, "I knew he'd see it." Fili chuckled at her words before he kissed her lightly on the cheek, "Don't go scaring me like that again." Maristela grinned at Fili, "I make no promises, young Prince. I like to keep you on your toes." Fili rolled his eyes at her words before Bofur helped the Elleth up, Fili pulling himself up to stand by his brother's side. "I am sorry I doubted you," Thorin told Bilbo, letting go of the hug as the others watched with smiles.

"No, I would have doubted me too. I'm not a hero or a warrior... not even a burglar," Bilbo replied making everyone chuckle as the Eagles fly away screeching. Thorin looks beyond Bilbo and sees something; he strides forward, and the others follow his gaze. "Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asked with wide eyes. In the distance, on the horizon, they see the outline of a single, solitary mountain. "Erebor, The Lonely Mountain. The last of the Great Dwarf Kingdoms of Middle Earth," Gandalf said while Maristela smiled and stepped up next to the Dwarf Prince. 

"Our home," Thorin added with a smile. "A raven! The birds are returning to the mountain!" Oin exclaimed as a small bird chirped and flew by them. "That, my dear Oin, is a thrush," Gandalf corrected the Dwarf. "But we'll take it as a good sign - a good omen," Thorin exclaimed, his smile never faltering. "You're right. I do believe the worst is behind us," Bilbo spoke up as the Company looked on at the Lonely Mountain, the sun coming up behind them. Maristela wouldn't quite agree with Bilbo's words but if she had learnt anything in her time with the Company, they would push through anything that came their way.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Later that night, the Company had managed to find their way off of Carrock and into a small clearing with an outcropping cliff to hide under. Maristela sat back against the wall with an aching body desperate for sleep. "You cut down the White Warg," Dwalin spoke having heard Bifur rambling about it in Dwarvish; he had witnessed the action himself. "I did," Maristela replied with a tired voice, the Dwarves turned to her in awe. "I just wish it had been the Pale Orc himself," Maristela added with a sneer, Thorin sent her a smile as he spoke, "His time will come."

The Dwarves settled for the night, Bilbo lying by Maristela and the twin brothers while Dwalin kept watch alongside Bofur; both were still awake with adrenaline. "Your ring, it heals?" Bilbo pondered as he turned his head to the Elleth beside him. "It was given to me when I was only an Elfling, a gift from the High Council and Galadriel herself," Maristela answered him as she watched the stars in the night sky. "It belonged to my mother, given to her in a time of creation. And destined to be mine," Maristela continued noticing the amazed expression on Bilbo's face.

"It is a ring of healing, of earth. Known as the Ring of Kaia, made after the Rings of Power," Maristela told Bilbo, the young Hobbit knew tales of the Rings of Power but his knowledge was from books. "But it takes a lot out of me," Maristela added as she glanced at Bilbo. "You are full of many surprises," Bilbo expressed to Maristela, she laughed gently at his compliment. "It makes life interesting, Bilbo. You have many surprises of your own, I am certain," Maristela expressed to Bilbo who smiled and for the first time, Bilbo Baggins believed her words and believed in himself.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Maristela moved back as a blade swung at her, she quickly blocked their second attack before twirling around and disarming them; pushing the tip of her blade to their throat. "And you're dead," Maristela teased making Fili sigh. "You have more years of experience," Fili reminded her once she moved her sword away from him. The Company had been travelling for a few days and during this time, they were all picking up new skills from Maristela. Bilbo had improved on his own swordsmanship with the assistance of Dwalin and Thorin himself, their friendship strengthened since their encounter with Azog.

"And you'll have plenty of time to learn, Prince Fili," Maristela teased with a grin, Fili's cheeks flushing a light pink before he cleared his throat. "You don't just fight like an Elf, why is that?" Fili asked Maristela as they sat down, they were currently a feet feet away from the rest of the Company as they rested from walking. "When I was an Elfling, my tactics were purely that of Elvish training," Maristela began softly, "And then I went out into the world and saw my first battle between Orcs and Men. It was one with many casualties and... My ways of fighting weren't enough."

Fili looked up at Maristela, he noticed the sorrow in her eyes, a distant look in her eyes showing she was in a memory. "I become greedy with wanting to know everything about fighting, the tactics of Men, Dwarves, and Orcs. I studied the strategies that each used in order to be more prepared for whoever stood in my way," Maristela finished off with a shrug. "Who did you lose?" Fili asked, he had expected she lost a love. "A good friend of mine. I made a promise to him that I'd look after his son," Maristela answered him with a small smile, Fili nodding in understanding.

"Why did you initially agree to helping us?" Fili asked her next, Maristela turned to him and raised a brow. "Truthfully, I originally wanted another adventure to go on but when I saw Thorin Oakenshield walk in, I knew that reclaiming Erebor would be something I needed to see. I know some of the Company haven't seen the halls of Erebor and it'd be an honor to see Thorin take the throne back," Maristela expressed willingly, she was there the day that Thror was killed and Thrain had been lost by grief. "You'd view him as your king?" Fili asked with intrigued. "One of my Kings. I'm loyal to a few thrones," Maristela replied with a smirk.

The two were silent as they admired the stars, the peace after their time in Goblin Town was something the entire Company was enjoying completely. Kili looked over at his brother and friend, he smirked before nudging Bofur and motioning toward the two. "You think he'd risk courting her?" Ori asked, the others turning to the conversation. "An Elf? Don't be stupid," Dori exclaimed resulting in Nori nudging him. "She's a friend, Dori, remember?" Nori reminded him while Bofur and Kili rolled their eyes at Dori's comment, Nori was right. "And it'd be an honor to have her in our family," Thorin's voice interrupted.

The Company was shocked to hear Thorin say that, he hated Elves more than everyone else but Bilbo and Balin knew why the Dwarf Prince was truly okay with Maristela potentially being courted by Fili; because she wasn't just an Elf but an Istari, the daughter of Gandalf. "Now it's time to get some rest," Thorin instructed before making his way over to Fili and Maristela. "May I speak with you Maristela?" Thorin asked, she nodded at him before smiling at Fili. "I'll see you over there," Fili told Maristela before making his way over to the others. "My nephew is quite taken with you," Thorin voiced after a moment of silence between them.

"Fili is a great warrior and the line of Durin has always been blessed," Maristela complimented making Thorin chuckle. "If you were to take the next step, I would approve it," Thorin told her earnestly, the blessing was a shock to Maristela but she smiled softly; she wasn't saw how she felt about Fili and with all of the chaos and threats, she hadn't been able to focus on that. "I appreciate that. But that isn't what you wanted to discuss, is it?" Maristela asked as she hugged her arms around herself watching the stars. "What you did back on the mountain for me and my people... I appreciate it," Thorin began before turning to her.

"As you know, I don't like Elves but you've never failed to help us at risk of you own life and I feel like I have to repay you somehow," Thorin expressed openly. "You don't owe me anything, Thorin. It's what I do for my friends," Maristela replied to him with a soft expression. "I'd feel better if you agreed to a share to our gold--" Thorin was cut off by Maristela resting a hand on his shoulder, "I have no need for gold and treasures, Thorin. Your friendship is more than you know." Thorin smiled and bowed his head slightly as she dropped her hand and turned to the view ahead of them; The Lonely Mountain.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

Some original content to the story building some stronger bonds between characters.

Thoughts on Maristela's ring being a Ring of Power (second age, which you'll learn more about during the lord of the rings era)?

Thoughts on Maristela and Fili?

Thoughts on Maristela's friendship with Thorin?
And his approval?

Thoughts on this chapter?

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.8K 42
โIf more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place.โž - Thorin II Oakenshield Athena had left...
75.8K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...
610K 13.8K 57
Aleana is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and a dear friend to Frodo Baggins. When the ring falls in the possession of Frodo, Gandalf asks Aleana to...
2.5K 87 34
In the dark forest of Mirkwood, shadows are growing, again and again. The leaves are becoming black, as the roots, and as the trees. Birds are not si...