โœ“ | ๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข...

By -ruffierosefanfics

๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ณ Maristela Greyhame is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and upon... More

๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™…๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ
1.1 | An Unexpected Request
1.2 | The Dwarven King
1.3 | Shared Stories
1.4 | Stupid Trolls
1.5 | Valley of Imraldis
1.7 | Goblin Town
1.8 | The Pale Orc
1.9 | Aftermath
1.10 | Making Memories
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™–๐™ช๐™œ
2.1 | Beorn, Old Friend
2.2 | Mirkwood Spiders
2.3 | King Thranduil
2.4 | The Prince
2.5 | Escaping Mirkwood
2.6 | Bard, Their Smuggler
2.7 | Laketown
2.8 | To Erebor
2.9 | Morgul Poison
2.10 | What Have We Done?
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™š๐™จ
3.1 | Smaug's Attack
3.2 | Tainted Desire
3.3 | The Arkenstone
3.4 | Lord Dรกin Ironfoot
3.5 | To The King!
3.6 | Ravenhill
3.7 | Durin's End
3.8 | Goodbye Erebor
3.9 | Farewell Bilbo
3.10 | Oh, Rivendell
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell
4.2 | The Meeting
4.3 | The Fellowship
4.4 | The Journey Begins
4.5 | Saurmon's Chant
4.6 | Mines of Moria
4.7 | Balin's Tomb
4.8 | Flame of Udรปn
4.9 | Lothlรณrien
4.10 | The Fellowship Falls
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
5.1 | Tracking Orcs
5.2 | Riding to Edoras
5.3 | Stubborn Men
5.4 | Mama's Boy
5.5 | Elven Aid
5.6 | Riders of Rohirrim
๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐€๐œ๐ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
6.1 | Isengard
6.2 | Rohan's Celebration
6.3 | The Beacons
6.4 | Dimholt road
6.5 | War In Minas Tirith
6.6 | The Battle Continues
6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra
6.8 | The Black Gate
6.9 | One True King

1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight

1.6K 85 5
By -ruffierosefanfics

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

NIGHT HAD FALLEN OVER RIVENDELL, MARISTELA HAD LEFT THE DWARVES TO THEIR NEW MEALS to join Lord Elrond, Gandalf, Thorin, Balin, and Bilbo in a separate hall they had left the Company. "Our business is no concern of Elves," Thorin exclaimed to Gandalf. "For goodness sake, Thorin, show him the map," Gandalf instructed the Dwarf Prince. "It is the legacy of my people; it is mine to protect as are its secrets," Thorin snapped back to the Wizard.

Maristela and Gandalf shared a look, she bowed her head in acceptance of what he was about to say next. "Save me from the stubbornness of Dwarves. Your pride will be your downfall. You stand here in the presence of one of the few in Middle Earth who can read that map. Show it to Lord Elrond. You've had the company of an Elf of Rivendell from the Shire," Gandalf expressed to Thorin who tensed up before looking towards Maristela.

"Maristela Maladrosa, daughter of Estelle Maladrosa, former General of the Rivendell guard," Maristela introduced as she bowed her head to Thorin and Balin, the two were stunned. "And the daughter of Gandalf Greyhame," Maristela added as she stood tall again, she smiled at her father before looking back at the Dwarves who had been shocked by the reveal. "You may not trust Elves, Thorin Oakenshield, but allies come in all forms," Maristela added with an encouraging smile.

Thorin thinks quietly for a few seconds with everyone looking at him, he sighs before he reaches out to hand the map over to Elrond. "Thorin, no!" Balin exclaimed but Thorin brushed Balin aside and allowed Elrond to take the map into his hands, examining it. "Erebor. What is your interest in this map?" Elrond asked Thorin. "It's his homeland, is it not?" Maristela asked with a raised brow, she knew that Elrond wasn't daft; he knew about the true reason for the map.

"It's mainly academic. As you know, this sort of artifact sometimes contains hidden text. You still read Ancient Dwarvish, do you not?" Gandalf asked Lord Elrond who still appears suspicious. "Cirth Ithil," Elrond said causing Gandalf and Maristela to share a glance. "Moon Runes," They both spoke before Gandalf continued, "Of course. An easy thing to miss." Maristela nodded from where she stood next to Bilbo, the young Hobbit listening carefully.

"Well in this case, that is true; moon runes can only be read by the light of a moon of the same shape and season as the day on which they were written," Elrond explained to the others. "Can you read them?" Thorin asked the Elf Lord of Rivendell. Elrond leads them all to an open area outside, on the side of a cliff, with waterfalls all around. The moon is behind some clouds as they walk toward a large crystalline table, the familiar sight to Maristela caused her to take in a slow breath.

"Are you okay, Maristela?" Bilbo asked her softly. "The last time I was here, I was bestowed a title by Lord Elrond," Maristela answered the young Hobbit who seemed intrigued. "And that title was?" Bilbo asked her. "Lady of Starlight. It is a high honour among Elves earned through many battles," Maristela explained to him with a small smile, "And usually to those of Royal blood." Bilbo's eyes widened upon hearing that, she sent him a wink before they focused on Lord Elrond.

"These runes were written on a Midsummer's Eve by the light of a crescent moon nearly two hundred years ago. It would seem you were meant to come to Rivendell. Fate is with you, Thorin Oakenshield; the same moon shines upon us tonight," Elrond expressed to Thorin who seemed to perk up at the sound of that. As they look up, the clouds covering the moon float away, and rays of moonlight hit the crystalline table causing light to flow through the map which has been laid on the table.

Ancient runes become visible on the map and Elrond translates them out loud, "Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the keyhole." Maristela took a moment to process what Elrond had said, she wasn't sure if that meant the sun or the moon on Durin's Day; she guessed they would find out when that day comes. "Durin's Day?" Bilbo questioned, he wasn't well versed in Dwarven Days of Celebration.

"It is the start of the Dwarves' new year, when the last moon of autumn and the first sun of winter appear in the sky together," Gandalf explained to Bilbo while Thorin and Balin shared a glance. "This is ill news. Summer is passing. Durin's Day will soon be upon us," Thorin said to Balin. "We still have time," Balin reassured him. "Time? For what?" Bilbo questioned him. "To find the entrance. We have to be standing at exactly the right spot at exactly the right time. Then, and only then, can the door be opened," Balin answered him.

"So this is your purpose, to enter the Mountain," Elrond inquired making Maristela raise a brow at him, she knew he had his suspicions. "What of it?" Thorin asked the Elf Lord with hostility. "There are some who would not deem it wise," Elrond advised him brushing the hostility aside as Thorin takes back the map gruffly. "What do you mean?" Gandalf asked him with concern in his eyes. "You are not the only guardian to stand watch over Middle Earth," Elrond answered Gandalf before walking away leaving Gandalf deep in thought.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Maristela stood on a balcony alone, she had her eyes closed as the moon shone down on her when heavy steps caught her attention. "It was clear by the pointy ears that you were an Elf but a half-breed is not what I was expecting," Thorin expressed as he stood next to her. "My lineage is not known to Middle Earth," Maristela replied to him before turning her head to him, "But I do trust you, Thorin Oakenshield. And I will be there to see you sit upon the throne of your forefathers."

Thorin bowed his head before looking out at Rivendell, he wouldn't admit it out loud to anyone but he did find the place beautiful; but the halls of Erebor could never be beaten. "I understand your animosity towards Elves, especially of Mirkwood, but Elrond is not them," Maristela told Thorin softly as she leaned on the railing to look down at the Company that were eating the meals that Maristela ordered and sent to them. "So Marisol, the Lady of Starlight is you?" Thorin asked with a smirk.

Maristela turned to the Dwarf Prince with wide eyes, "How did you work that out?" Thorin looked up at Maristela, the woman taller than in by at least a head. "Stories were told amongst kin about the Lady of Starlight who healed many injured soldiers in the battle to reclaim Moria. It was the name Marisol that allowed me to piece it together," Thorin explained to her making Maristela sigh. "I should be more cautious with that name, huh?" Maristela asked. "It would be wise," Thorin told her before they stood in silent understanding.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

In the morning, Maristela ensured she had her things before approaching the perch where Attica had spent his time relaxing. "I must continue this journey without you, Mellon," Maristela told the Wolfhound who whined before nuzzling against her. "The council have arrived. You must stay with the Company," Gandalf spoke as he walked toward his daughter. "Will you meet us, Adar?" Maristela asked him. "When I am needed," Gandalf assured her.

The Lady of Starlight made her way to the Dwarves as they were sneaking away, she bowed her head to Thorin before taking up the rear with Bilbo and Bofur. "Be on your guard; we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on," Thorin ordered, Balin moving forward with his brother walking with him. "Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up," Thorin called back to Bilbo who had been looking back at Rivendell longingly. "Do not worry, Bilbo, you will see Rivendell again," Maristela assured him.

Days pass by since the Company left Rivendell travelling over ranges, mountains, and plains with a goal set to reach the Lonely Mountain before Durin's Day. It wasn't long until the Company found themselves crossing the Misty Mountains; their trail was narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other. There is a fierce storm in the air, with lightning and rain all around that soaked through their clothes and blurred their vision.

"Hold on!" Thorin ordered, the Company was cautious as they stuck to the cliff away from the edge. As Bilbo walks, the stone beneath his feet gives away, and he starts falling into the chasm; Dwalin manages to pull him back in time allowing Maristela to steady him against the wall. "We must find shelter!" Thorin called out, the obvious statement didn't go so well with the Company. "Watch out!" Dwalin shouted prompting the Company to look up and see a massive boulder hurtling through the air.

The boulder hits the mountainside above them causing rocks to fall all around them as they press themselves against the mountain. "This is no thunderstorm; it's a thunder battle! Look!" Balin informed everyone as a stone giant rears up from a nearby mountain; it rips off a massive boulder from the top of the mountain. "Well bless me, the legends are true. Giants; Stone Giants!" Bofur exclaimed as Maristela kept steady on her feet, thankful for the blood of an Elf.

"What's happening?" Kili shouts as he looks at his brother and Maristela. The stone giant across from them throws the boulder far in the air as another stone giant the Company were perched on pushes to stand only to receive the boulder to its head. The Dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath their feet begin to give way from all the vibrations and from the impact of the falling rocks. 

The ground between some of the Company members splits; part of the group is on one side, and part of the other. "Kili! Grab my hand! Ki--" Fili is cut off by the two stone giants fighting with their fits, the Dwarves and Maristela hold on tight as they are flung around. One part of the group including Maristela manages to jump to a different spot off of the stone giant. A third stone giant appears and it throws a boulder at the head of the giant the others were still clung to.

It falls over as the first group watches, it seems that the other group of the Company has been smashed to bits against the cliff however, the group rushes around to the edge and manages to spot the remaining group alive and safe. "We're all right! We're alive!" Balin told them allowing Maristela to let out a breath of relief as they moved closer to the group. "Where's Bilbo? Where's the Hobbit?" Bofur asked making everyone panic. "There!" Ori shouted as he pointed over the cliff to see Bilbo hanging on to the edge.

Without hesitation, Maristela threw herself down to the Hobbit and boosted him up into the Company's reach before allowing Dwalin to pull her back up onto the cliff edge, her agile training coming to use. "I thought we'd lost our burglar," Dwalin expressed. "He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us," Thorin sneered at the Hobbit who took every word to heart. "Dwalin!" Thorin ordered him and the two moved ahead of the others.

"Bilbo," Maristela spoke softly before kneeling down to the Hobbit's height as the others moved ahead, she placed her hand on his shoulder. "I know you have doubts and Thorin's words are attacking your heart like a sharp blade, but my father chose you for a reason. You may not know it yet, but you will. And whatever you choose to do, I will support it," Maristela reassured the young Hobbit before standing up and allowing him to walk ahead of her; she had faith in the Hobbit and she knew Thorin would see it eventually.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

And you've learned more about Maristela. She isn't as hidden as she formerly believed. Honestly, I am so excited for her encounter with Legolas but it's so far away.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Theories? Suggestions? Headcanons? Questions?

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 77 16
Arellia (Are-el-ia), younger sister to Aragorn, had known a life on the road. She and her brother were Rangers, both highly skilled and deadly, maste...
19.9K 386 45
A young girl mysteriously entered the world of Middle Earth. There, she encounters the dragon, Smaug, Orcs, wizards, and the Dark Lord, Sauron. She b...
149K 4.2K 33
You are sucked into the Realm of Middle Earth accidentally, and are bound to the ring! If you don't find a way to unbind yourself from it, you will p...
1.7K 194 29
In the heart of the cursed Mirkwood Forest, Legolas, the prince of the woodland realm, is haunted by an inexplicable feeling of being watched. Unbekn...