โœ“ | ๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข...

ฮ‘ฯ€ฯŒ -ruffierosefanfics

๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ณ Maristela Greyhame is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and upon... ฮ ฮตฯฮนฯƒฯƒฯŒฯ„ฮตฯฮฑ

๐’๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™…๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ
1.1 | An Unexpected Request
1.2 | The Dwarven King
1.3 | Shared Stories
1.4 | Stupid Trolls
1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight
1.7 | Goblin Town
1.8 | The Pale Orc
1.9 | Aftermath
1.10 | Making Memories
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™Ž๐™ข๐™–๐™ช๐™œ
2.1 | Beorn, Old Friend
2.2 | Mirkwood Spiders
2.3 | King Thranduil
2.4 | The Prince
2.5 | Escaping Mirkwood
2.6 | Bard, Their Smuggler
2.7 | Laketown
2.8 | To Erebor
2.9 | Morgul Poison
2.10 | What Have We Done?
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ข๐™ž๐™š๐™จ
3.1 | Smaug's Attack
3.2 | Tainted Desire
3.3 | The Arkenstone
3.4 | Lord Dรกin Ironfoot
3.5 | To The King!
3.6 | Ravenhill
3.7 | Durin's End
3.8 | Goodbye Erebor
3.9 | Farewell Bilbo
3.10 | Oh, Rivendell
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell
4.2 | The Meeting
4.3 | The Fellowship
4.4 | The Journey Begins
4.5 | Saurmon's Chant
4.6 | Mines of Moria
4.7 | Balin's Tomb
4.8 | Flame of Udรปn
4.9 | Lothlรณrien
4.10 | The Fellowship Falls
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
5.1 | Tracking Orcs
5.2 | Riding to Edoras
5.3 | Stubborn Men
5.4 | Mama's Boy
5.5 | Elven Aid
5.6 | Riders of Rohirrim
๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐€๐œ๐ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ
6.1 | Isengard
6.2 | Rohan's Celebration
6.3 | The Beacons
6.4 | Dimholt road
6.5 | War In Minas Tirith
6.6 | The Battle Continues
6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra
6.8 | The Black Gate
6.9 | One True King

1.5 | Valley of Imraldis

1.6K 89 9
ฮ‘ฯ€ฯŒ -ruffierosefanfics

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

FROM A NEARBY CRAG, A WARG APPEARS; IT LEAPS INTO THE MIDST OF THE COMPANY, knocking down one of the Dwarves. Thorin strikes and kills the beast using his new sword, Maristela pulls her own sword free as another Warg attacks from the side; she drives the sharp blade into its head. Another Warg attacks, Kíli shoots it with an arrow, bringing it down. However, it gets back up only to be killed by Dwalin.

"Warg-scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind," Thorin expressed to the Company, Maristela tensed up as she gripped the handle of her sword. "Orc pack?" Bilbo asked with wide eyes, he moved a few steps closer to Maristela and Gandalf. "Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandalf asked Thorin. "No one," Thorin answered him. "Who did you tell?" Gandalf demanded with worry in his eyes.

"No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" Thorin asked him. "You are being hunted," Gandalf responded causing the Dwarves to become uneasy. "We have to get out of here," Dwalin voiced as he gripped his axe handle tight ready to attack. "We can't! We have no ponies; they bolted," Ori informed the company causing Maristela to look at Attica who was snarling, itching to rip the Orcs apart.

"I'll draw them off!" Radagast told them before Maristela and Gandalf turned to their friend, the latter worried. "These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you," Gandalf told him. "These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try," Radagast said with a smirk. Maristela laughed before she pulled herself up onto Attica's back, "Then what are we waiting for?" Radagast chuckled as he climbed onto the sleigh, the two rushing off.

"Will she be okay?" Bilbo asked Gandalf who laughed under his breath. "Maristela will be just fine, Bilbo. Now we must move," Gandalf told the Company. Fíli and Kíli were admittedly worried for the woman they considered their friend, they knew she could handle herself in any fight but even a trained warrior with years of experience can be overrun with enemies in a battle; they hoped it wouldn't come to that.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Yazneg, the Orc leader of the Warg Riders, and his Wargs are searching through the forest for the Company; Suddenly, Radagast and his rabbits shoot out of the woods with Maristela riding Attica following. The Wargs take immediate notice of the two and follow after them snarling and growling ready to kill whoever was ahead of them. Yazneg took notice of the Wolfhound and who was riding it, he snarled at the knowledge of the Ranger.

"Ul ranger ku narg caught alive. Drepa ul dat! (The Ranger is to be caught alive. Kill the rest!)" Yazneg ordered his Warg Riders. Attica was enjoying his time attacking any Wargs that came too close to him as Maristela was cutting down any Orcs within her range, she turned her head over to the Company subtly in time to see Ori get pulled back behind cover making her sigh before she rushed off in a different direction closer to Radagast.

"Get out of here!" Maristela told him before she pulled a dagger from her pouch, the random blade was light in her hand as she threw it perfectly into the head of an Orc that got too close to Radagast upon a turn. She pushed off of Attica's back onto the Warg with another blade, driving it into the Warg's head before rolling off of the fallen body and landing on the ground. Yazneg stood a distance away with a sneer on his face, he pulled a blade from its sheath and rushed towards Maristela.

The two raised their blades and let the clash, Maristela's new Elvish blade shone under the sun causing Yazneg to snarl at the familiar sight of the blade. "Maristela!" Kili shouted as he spotted her fighting against Yazneg until Maristela managed to overpower him, he grunted at the force of her swing before snarling when the blade sliced through his side. A Warg rushed up to them and barreled into the side of Maristela knocking her off of her feet.

As Maristela managed to kill the Warg, she turned to see Yazneg in the distance glaring down at her as Kili and Fili pushed the Warg off of Maristela. The trio rushed towards the crevice where the Company had followed Gandalf, Attica knew where they were heading and had taken off in a different direction as the brothers managed to get in before the Orcs could get to them.

The distant sound of an Elvish horn echoed through the air as Maristela sheathed her blade before turning to the brothers who were looking her over for any wounds. "I'm fine," Maristela assured them as one of the orcs, shot by an arrow, fell into the cave. Thorin plucks out the arrow and examines its make with a sneer, "Elves." Maristela rolled her eyes at his agitation towards the Elves despite the fact they were just saved by them.

"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or not?" Dwalin asked as he peeked through a pathway at the end of the cave. "Follow it, of course!" Bofur called out as he grabbed Maristela's arm and pulled her along not wanting her to be caught in the back by any lurking Orcs. "I think that would be wise," Gandalf advised before the Company began following the path, a narrow space due to being a crack between two tall cliffs.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The pathway eventually opens out into an open area; there is a valley below and in that valley is the city of Rivendell. Maristela smiled at the sight of the familiar place she spent a lot of her life in, her heart felt lighter in the presence of the valley she would call home. "The Valley of Imraldis. In the Common Tongue, it's known by another name," Gandalf informed them. "Rivendell," Bilbo said in amazement, his eyes wide looking down at the beautiful home.

"Here lies the last Homely House east of the sea," Gandalf expressed as the Dwarves had mixed reactions to the sight below. "This was your plan all along, to seek refuge with our enemy," Thorin seethed at Gandalf while Maristela moved to walk forward only for Bofur to stop her. "You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill-will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself," Gandalf replied to Thorin with a stern gaze.

"You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us," Thorin told him what Gandalf already knew. "Of course they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, this will need to be handled with tact and respect and no small degree of charm. Which is why you will leave the talking to me and Maristela," Gandalf expressed to Thorin before leading the Company down the path and across the bridge.

The Company stopped at the bottom of the stairs to the castle, Maristela held a smile on her face as Lindir approached them. "Mithrandir, Marisol," Lindir greeted the two. "Ah, Lindir!" Gandalf greeted before embracing him, stepping aside so Maristela could too. "Stay sharp!" Thorin whispered to Dwalin before noticing the raised brow Maristela sent his way. "Lastannem i athrannedh i Vruinen (We heard you had crossed into the Valley)," Lindir spoke politely.

"We must speak with Lord Elrond," Gandalf informed Lindir with Maristela nodding in agreement with her father's words. "My Lord Elrond is not here," Lindir responded. "Not here? Where is he?" Maristela questioned him. Suddenly, the Elvish horns from earlier are heard again and the Company turns around and spots a group of armed horsemen approaching along the bridge at a rapid rate.

"Ifridî bekâr! (Ready Weapons!) Hold ranks!" Thorin ordered the Dwarves, they bunched up together in a tight circle with Bilbo safely in the middle while Maristela and Gandalf stood with Lindir. The mounted Elves arrive and ride in circles around the Dwarves, eventually, they stop and the leading Elf separates himself from the others. "Gandalf, Maristela," Lord Elrond greeted the two, both bowing to the Elf Lord.

"Lord Elord. Mellonnen! Mo evinedh? (My friend! Where have you been?)" Gandalf asked the Elf Lord. "Farannem 'Iamhoth i udul o charad. Dagannem rim na lant Vendui. (We've been hunting a pack of Orcs that came up from the South. We slew a number near the Hidden Pass.)" Lord Elrond answered and explained to Gandalf as he dismounted from his horse. Gandalf and Elrond embraced each other in a hug before Maristela grinned up at Elrond, the Elf Lord hugged her.

"Strange for Orcs to come so close to our borders. Something, or someone, has drawn them near," Lord Elrond spoke up before handing Maristela the two daggers she had used to take down the Orcs before holding up an Orc sword, showing it to everyone, and then handing it to Lindir. "Ah, that may have been us," Gandalf spoke despite Elrond knowing that already. "Welcome Thorin, Son of Thrain," Elrond greeted the Prince Dwarf when he stepped forward.

"I do not believe we have met," Thorin informed him. "You have your grandfather's bearing. I knew Thror when he ruled under the Mountain," Elrond replied to the Dwarf Prince. "Indeed; he made no mention of you," Thorin's words were meant to insult but Elrond paid no mind knowing the way Dwarves viewed themselves as higher beings compared to Elves. "Nartho i noer, toltho i viruvor. Boe i annam a nethail vin. (Light the fires, bring forth the wine. We must feed our guests.)" Elrond spoke up.

"What is he saying? Does he offer us insult?!" Gloin exclaimed with a snarl while the others grew bellicose and gripped their weapons uneasily. "No, Gloin," Maristela interrupted softly, "Lord Elrond is offering you food." The Dwarves quickly turned to discuss this amongst themselves as Maristela shared a smile with Bilbo. "I shall meet with you for supper," Maristela told them before making her way up the stairs and through the familiar halls to find a certain friend of hers.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"Marisol!" The voice of a child called out, Maristela turned in time to be pounced on by a boy who looked to be around ten years old. "Estel!" Maristela greeted the boy. "You came back!" Estel cheered as he rolled off of her, she sat up and smiled at the young boy. "I promised I would, Estel. Besides, I'm on an adventure," Maristela told him, his eyes widening in wonder before he allowed Maristela to lead him towards a window that gave them a perfect view of the Dwarves accompanied by Gandalf and Bilbo.

"Dwarves! Real Dwarves!" Estel exclaimed with wide eyes, he grinned up at Maristela as she ran her fingers through his hair in a motherly way. "Yes. And Gandalf is present along with Master Bilbo, a Hobbit of the Shire," Maristela explained to him, her eyes soft as she watched the young boy hang on to every word. "We are on a journey to reclaim the Lonely Mountain, Erebor," Maristela continued pulling Estel's attention to her. "But the dragon!" Estel reminded her but she smiled. "I'm not scared of a dragon," Maristela replied with a wink.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

After spending time with Estel, Maristela made her way through the halls greeting the familiar faces until she reached the balcony where the Company were seated pouting at the sight of their meals. "Please prepare something an i Dwarves sui cin would an nin (Please prepare something for the Dwarves as you would for me)," Maristela turned to Álfur who bowed his head and moved to get some food for the Dwarves and Maristela.

Maristela took a seat next to her father at Lord Elrond's table with Thorin, the Elf Lord was examining the sword that Thorin had found in the Troll's horde. "This is Orcrist, the Goblin Cleaver. A famous blade forged by the High Elves of the West, my kin. May it serve you well," Elron expressed to Thorin before handing him the sword, he accepted it with a nod before glancing at Maristela who was smiling softly.

Elrond takes the sword that Gandalf had claimed, "And this is Glamdring, the Foe-Hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin Wars of the First Age." Maristela turned her attention to the sword she had resting by her chair, she lifted the weapon and held it out to Elrond who took immediate notice of the sword's design. "Impossible..." Elrond breathed out as he delicately took the sword into his hands.

"What is it?" Thorin asked noticing the way Elrond treated the sword like it was the most precious jewel in Middle Earth. "This is Eridanus. A sword made by the High Elves of the First Age for Princess Raelia," Elrond answered him with a breathy tone, he was clearly amazed by the weapon. Princess Raelia was an Elf known to all species, she stood her ground against an Ancient Power alone and with the very sword in Elrond's hands, she struck him down in her last moments.

"This blade will serve you well, Marisol. If any deserved it, it would be you," Elrond told her with a fond smile, he handed the blade back to her and bowed his head in respect to the young half-breed. "How did you come by these?" Elrond asked them. "We found them in a troll hoard on the Great East Road, shortly before we were ambushed by Orcs," Gandalf answered him. "And what were you doing on the Great East Road?" Elrond asked them. "Going for a casual stroll," Maristela offered with a teasing grin that made Thorin's lips quirk upwards.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

Does anyone else adore Maristela as much as I do? 'Cause she's so damn adorable and funny to me, but maybe that's just me.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thoughts on the Sword of Eridanus?

See you in the next chapter!

ฮฃฯ…ฮฝฮญฯ‡ฮตฮนฮฑ ฮ‘ฮฝฮฌฮณฮฝฯ‰ฯƒฮทฯ‚

ฮ˜ฮฑ ฯƒฮฑฯ‚ ฮฑฯฮญฯƒฮตฮน ฮตฯ€ฮฏฯƒฮทฯ‚

444K 12K 38
First book She is older than most. She was feared. She was a queen. One people believed to be dead. For ages she was never seen. Until a certain w...
153K 5.8K 42
โIf more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place.โž - Thorin II Oakenshield Athena had left...
2.5K 87 34
In the dark forest of Mirkwood, shadows are growing, again and again. The leaves are becoming black, as the roots, and as the trees. Birds are not si...
362K 11.9K 47
A long time after a far moons passed, The Kingdom of Erebor in the Lonely Mountain was taken from the dwarves by the evil fire breathing dragon...