𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏 ✩ Mi...

By mazewriterrr

When Frypan invites his friend Quinn Parker over to a road trip with him and his friends, it turns out a lot... More

T H E R O A D T R I P
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
A/N
Extra's!!
One-shots

015

2.8K 89 301
By mazewriterrr

F I F T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

"You're standing on my toes, Thomas!" I whisper-yelled, attempting to sneak past all the sleeping bodies in our hotel room.

"Shh!" He pressed a finger to his lips. The door slowly opened with a high screech, causing both of us to wince. Thomas slid through it, followed by me.

He pressed a hand on his chest once we found ourself in the hallway. "Survived step one."

I sighed. "That was scary."

He took my arm. "Come on. Let's go find a club or something."

I nodded happily, excited to have a good time with my best friend and go to a club with him after all the struggles the last days. And months.

I wore a black skirt Minho bought me, and a long-sleeved, with top. On all the edges of the top were flowers detailed in the same color, adding something more cheerful to it.

Thomas wore casual grey pants and as always, a blue shirt. In his pocket was money (I didn't ask how he got that) and an ID. He carried mine too.

"I'm seventeen. Ain't no way they're gonna let me in, though." He muttered. We walked over a big, open place. There was an empty road in the middle of the city, and a strange building. It was made form glass, and looked like some kind of circle.

"That's a store. Looked it up." Thomas confirmed. "This way is the most popular club here."

Bright lights and loud music already met my ears when we got closer to the colorful building. Guards stood in front of it, checking everyone's age.

"Just hand him enough money for him to let you through." I suggested quietly. "And wink at him. Makes it even better."

"I will." Thomas nodded in a brave way before we stood in line. "Can we get drunk? Please!"

"Sorry? What do you think we're here for?" The corners of my mouth went up. "Of course we'll get drunk."

"Everyone's gonna kill us, though."

"Then we better have a good last night on this earth." I decided.

Then it was our turn to show our ID's. I was turning nineteen in a few days, I now remembered. I hadn't really thought of it, because I refused to celebrate it after Aiden.

He wasn't exactly the happiest on my birthdays, and refused to do any activities outside our house with me. Didn't want to buy a cake or whatever. Didn't want to binge watch the best movies or go to a party.

And that made me realize my birthday wasn't even that important. Movies could be watched any day. Cakes weren't necessary. So why would I ever celebrate it again if it wasn't even needy?

Thomas somehow managed to get in the club, a big grin stuck on his face. It smelled very sweet in the crowded room. There was a bar in the corner. Someone was selling alcohol. People were dancing to a DJ's music, the lights blinding my eyes.

"This is amazing!" Thomas gulped. "I got this. Have you got it too?" On his hand was a ink print that showed 'eighteen'. If we wanted to buy drinks, we were supposed to just show that and they would let us.

Thomas rushed to buy two bottles of a strong drink I didn't even recognize. And both of us chugged it down in less than a minute, desperate to make our wish come true.

One thing I did know about myself was that if we were talking about alcohol, I was quite fragile. I could drink a few bottles of beer and I was already crazy. One bottle of this weird drink and I felt myself get slower in my movements.

Thomas bought the same things again. We also chugged it down again, before making our way to the dance floor, vibing to the songs.

I was quite surprised by Thomas' dance skills. He wasn't as rigid as I thought he would be. I laughed through it all, slowly feeling my head clear up and the awful thoughts leave me alone.

The alcohol rushed through my body, causing a fuzzy feeling to form in my head. It made me blink a few times, so the blur in my eyes would be gone.

"I think I might be drunk already!" I screamed at Thomas, through all the music.

"Me toooo!" He jumped on his place.

We spent the next hours dancing, drinking, and more dancing. We danced until we lost our breaths and were soaked in sweat. Until I couldn't see straight anymore, because of all the alchohol.

My worries completely left now, one of the main reasons I got drunk. I had laughed so hard my cheekbones hurt, especially at Thomas again.

My feet did hurt, though. I had taken out my shoes when we walked back. Thomas' arm was wrapped around me. If he didn't do that, we would both stumble over from laughing.

"I mean, yeah, that dude was like 'Ah, you have a pretty face and offer me money! Of course you can go in here!'" Thomas mocked, slugging over his words completely. "So that superrrr tough security guard found ma face pretty!"

I had to gasp for air after giggling loudly. "I know right? Oh, and thank you for giving me that car with Minhooo! It was very much, a lot of fun. I think he bought me coffee, too!"

"Really?" He took ahold of my shoulders. "He's giving you king treatment, my dude! Oh, and Newt was sooo cool in the car! He was driving and I forced him to sing!"

I burst out of laughing at that thought. Crazy.

Then I stared at the sky, all the starts dazing and circling above my eyes. "That looks like a cow."

"I see... a pig." Thomas stumbled over his own feet and if I hadn't caught him, he would've face-planted.

We made a big entrance in the hotel at four thirty in the morning. "Hello, New York!" Thomas cheered.

"We're not in New York, dumbass!" I gave him a push. "Up the elevator we go."

"What number was our room again?"

"I don't know. We'll find out." I pressed a random button. "Did you know can you make money selling with cows?"

"What?" His mouth fell open. "That's crazy! I want to sell them now!"

"Me too! I love pigs..." The door opened and we stepped into the dark, quiet hallway. Thomas took his chance at the first door he saw and banged on it loudly.

A loud, female screamed came out of it.
"Rude!" Thomas gave a last bang before he continued doing this to three other doors. With one, he managed to swipe the keycard well enough for the light to turn green and the door to open.

My hands lifted into the air. "Woo, we did it!"

"Hello world!" Thomas danced into the room, just as drunk as me. Very drunk.

"How are y'all today?" I wrapped an arm around Thomas as we received tons of groans. Some sheets moved and three seconds later the light went on.

"What the fuck!"

A sleepy Newt stood next to the light switch, his mouth wide open. Minho was getting out of his bed, hair messy. Teresa ran a hair through hers as the others rubbed sleep out of their eyes.

"Y'all look sleepy." I commented.

Thomas pulled my arm, making both of us stumble right onto Newt's mattress with our faces into the pillow.

"Ah." A sigh came from Thomas' mouth. "I've always wanted to sleep in Newt's bed."

I giggled super loud again. "Who doesn't?"

Newt hung over us, frowning. "You two drunk?"

"No. We went to buy..."

"Drugs!" I finished.

"Yea!" Thomas agreed. "And then we ran away because we didn't have enough money."

"And used all the drugs."

"And now we're back here after climbing the Eiffel Building!"

Minho had a frown on his face too. "Definitely drunk."

"Get off my bed, you stinky rat." Newt grunted and pulled Thomas up, followed by me.

"Dude, that's rude!"

"Rhymes! Get off my bed, you stinky rat! Dude, that's rude! But you're super cute!"

We laughed hard at ourselves, almost falling right on top of a half asleep Winston.

"I'm gonna take a showerrrr." I struggled to get to the bathroom door, especially when my wrist got grabbed. "Hey! Let go!"

Minho sat both me and Thomas down on the ground. "Who's idea was this?"

He pointed at me, I pointed at him, our mouths gaping open.

The Asian threw his head back in frustration. "Was it you, Thomas?"

"Hm? Me?" He scoffed loudly. "Why would I come up with that wonderful idea, my man? Wonderful cutely idea?"

Minho's jaw tightened. "You better spend the rest of your life time saying sorry to me."

"Why would I even?" Thomas let his head fall on my shoulder, and I rubbed his back. "My life, my choices! Quinn's life, Quinn's choices!"

"Imagine what could've happened to her, Tho—."

"Ooh, so that's what this is about?" He ruffled my hair as I was close to rolling over the floor. "The girl you suddenly claimed?"

My vision was too blurry to see much, but Minho sounded angry as hell. "I ain't claiming anyone, man. I swear to god, I'll—."

"Can we go swimming?" I sat straight up. "To get rid off some steam? Cool down?"

"No, we can not go swimming." Newt bent down on his knees in front of us too. "You two. Go and drink water, then get your asses in bed. Tomorrow we'll talk. When you're sober."

"I'm as sober as sorbet ice cream!" Thomas protested.

"Man, you're seventeen. Probably your first time in a shuck club. Ain't it a little much? You're not even allowed to drink in this country yet!" Newt shook his head as he mostly talked to himself.

Thomas gasped. "Is this illegal? Cool."

Newt's eyes squinted closer. "Get your ass in your bed. I'm not asking again."

"Maybe making out for a few minutes will help you two figure stuff out." I interfered, my words walking all over each other.

"Exactly! Ding dong your opinion is wrong, Newt! I'm gonna..." And then he dropped off the bed. "I'm okay!"

I suddenly felt an uncomfortable feeling rising up in my throat. A weird taste in my mouth and, "I'm gonna be sick!"

I slammed the bathroom door open, hanging over the toilet right away. I had my hair half-up half-down this time, which was annoying.

I vomited into the toilet, mostly my drinks coming back out. There was a movement behind me and I attempted to slap the person away, but missed.

Minho made a ponytail in my hair with his hand, holding it back until I finished getting a part of the alcohol out.

"Minho!" I gasped, my eyes twinkling and a bright smile on my face when I wiped my mouth. "This is amazing! I can't feel anything! No emotions or thoughts... just a funny life!"

He never replied and dragged me all the way to my bed. Handed me a water bottle. "Drink it."

I took a sip, staring him right in the eyes innocently.

"All of it." He added when I didn't continue. "Drink all of the water, Quinn."

"Water tastes like glass." I murmured before taking the slowest sips ever. "Did you ever drink glass?"

Minho nodded, a smile on his lips. "I'm sure I did."

"I didn't. I do want to." I admitted. "What's your favorite color?"

"What?"

"Your favorite animal. What is it?"

"Uh... I don't know."

"Mine's English. Not Maths. Definitely not Maths." I rubbed my chin. "I can't finish the water."

He pushed it in my hands, his eyes full of hope and a funny spark. "Sadly you will have to."

"Bleh." I handed him the thing back and lay down. "Is Thomas still alive?"

"I need you to finish the water or you'll be even sicker tomorrow, Quinn." Minho let go of a breath he had been holding. "Please?"

"Nah." I closed my eyes.

And they shot open again. I jumped up, rushing to the bathroom the second time that day, and vomited.

Minho appeared a few seconds later, holding my hair back again. "You're crazy."

"Says you." More vomit.

"Mhm." He wiped my mouth with a tissue or some kind as it barely came through my mind what was going on. "I'm sure I'm a lot more crazier than you are right now."

"I so agree." I tapped him on the nose and jumped back to my bed. "Good night, Minnie!"

"Night... Quinn."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: omg, aha!

I have no idea what's it like to be drunk so I'm sorry if this is overdramatic (I'm not sorry, we LOVE drama).

I do think Thomas will get killed by both Newt and Minho the next chapter. More predictions of how that kind of argument will go? It's funny reading comments like that, too, and see if people are right about what I have planned :)

x Vera

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 822 23
"it's like she's so... effortlessly beautiful" minho spoke, not even thinking about the words that were spilling out of his mouth. "i can't explain i...
561K 15.9K 49
The Gladers had spent about a year in the Maze by themselves. Used to the the cycle of getting a new boy every month from the box, they find themselv...
96.2K 4.1K 76
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
208K 5.8K 58
Take away everything you've ever known, every face, every place, and every memory. Replace it with empty darkness. Then, add on the pressure of wakin...