touch of nature * JIYOO

By jiunique

A deadly virus wiped off most of the planet's population, marking the start of it's 'New Days'. Human civiliz... More

1. "The Start of Everything"
2. "Factions and Troubles"
3. "Enemies or Allies?"
4. "An awaited meeting"
5. "No More Games" (M)
6. "First Location"
7. "Tasks and Goodbyes"
8. "The Unexpected Plan"
9. "You and I"
10. "Memories of The Past"
11. "Captain-up, Captain-down"
12. "First of Many"
13. "Close To Death"
14. "Feelings"
15. "That Time of The Year"
16. "Trouble Slowly Starts"
17. "Before and After"
18. "Accidental Wrong Move"
19. "Anything For You" (M)
20. "A So Called Peaceful Day"
21. "Out of The Ordinary"
22. "Broken And Repaired"
23. "Christmas Day" (M)
24. "Christmas Night"
25. "Nothing Feels Right"
26. "The End Is Near"
27. "More Than One"
28. "Closer To The Truth"
29. "One More in The Group"
30. "Last Moments Before Disaster"
32. "The Day Has Come"
33. "All of Their Hope Was.."

31. "Calm Before The Storm"

134 10 29
By jiunique

› AN HOUR LATER:

"It's been hours.. Where are these two?" Bora sighed in annoyance, resting her head on Minjoon's shoulder while he was shaking his head in disbelief.

"I should've gone with Yoohyeon instead of Minji.. Who knows what they're doing right now.." Namhyuk groaned with a scoff, suddenly sitting up in a flash when his radio buzzed. He read the familiar number was dialing him and sighed in relief, instantly picking up with a frown.

"Finally! What took you two so long? Were you two cleaning a hazard factory or something!?" Namhyuk raised his voice, hearing a chuckle in return from the other side. "Sorry for that. We had a lot to clean up. You guys can come now, I'll send the coordinates." Yoohyeon informed, sharing her location and disconnecting the call.

Namhyuk took a close look at the coordinates, signaling for the others that he knew the way to the spot. They showed him many thumbs up and took off with excitement in their expressions.

...

Yoohyeon put her radio aside and sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. She heard a noise from her side, turning her face towards the bathroom where had Minji just gotten out after showering.

"Did you call them?" The woman questioned while drying her hair with a towel, earning a nod in return. Yoohyeon stared at Minji for a bit, shyly turning her head away. She could feel her neck and cheeks burning from shyness the longer Minji showed her bare skin. Her way of drying her hair wasn't helping either, because oh god was Minji as attractive as ever with wet hair. It was making Yoohyeon very nervous, to say the least.

"Y-You can put.. uh, clothes on.. I mean- Because you're.. Y-You know.. Um- Yeah.." Yoohyeon spoke nonsense with many stutters, embarrassing herself. Minji snickered with a tilted head, putting the towel aside and leaning forward with her hands on her waist to tease the girl's ways of showing her reactions.

"Kim Yoohyeon, we just fucked and you're shy because I'm naked..? You're literally naked too, silly." Minji laughed at the latter, finding her shyness too precious. It was funny how Yoohyeon hasn't gotten used to it still. The younger cleared her throat, facing Minji with a slightly lowered head and a look of admitted defeat.

"It's not that I'm very shy, I just.. I can't help, but stare at you.." The girl claimed with a pursed smile. Minji raised an eyebrow with a smirk, not believing how coy Yoohyeon was. It was cute in her eyes. Maybe too cute. She walked closer and closer, using Yoohyeon's lap as her seat. The Icebreaker shifted a little bit so they could be face to face, her intimidating stare sending shivers all over the younger's spine.

"You can keep on staring, you know that I don't mind.. but only if I can stare back at you as much as I want." Minji wrapped her arms around the younger's neck, purposefully pushing herself closer towards Yoohyeon's bare chest.

"You're so fucking hot, Minji.. Oh my god.." The girl whispered out with an opened mouth of amazement, making Minji giggle. The older leaned closer, sliding her finger all across Yoohyeon's jawline with a smirk.

"You're just as attractive, my shy puppy." Minji teasingly bit Yoohyeon's bottom lip, making the younger sneer. Though, Yoohyeon didn't fall for her teasing. Instead, she returned the gesture by kissing the woman's neck and squeezing her butt, making Minji smirk with furrowed eyebrows of amusement.

"Are you still needy after what we did? Just how much more energy do you have left after all of that?" Minji moved her hands behind Yoohyeon's head, playing with her short hair and massaging her neck. Yoohyeon left wet pecks all over her neck and nape, resting her lips on her skin to feel the texture for as longer as possible. The way Minji felt was so addictive, that she kept on wanting more and more without the need to say anything.

"It's just that your skin is so soft, smooth and.. so perfect.. I can never get enough of you.."

Yoohyeon gently bit on Minji's pulse point, surprising the woman and making her sigh out a whispery chuckle.

"You're so cute whenever you bite me.." Minji clenched her fists and pulled Yoohyeon by her short hair, smiling at her. "Just like my own, little.. naughty puppy." She added in a whisper, plastering herself on the younger to suck on her slightly swollen lips. Minji pushed the girl back to lay down on the bed while hovering over her, hungrily re-exploring her mouth all over again.

The Icebreaker got a hold of Yoohyeon's hands, pinning them over her head and locking them in place. Her lips traveled lower until they reached her collarbone, leaving a purple mark on her pale skin. Yoohyeon closed her eyes with her lips slightly parted, giving Minji the advantage to continue on their intense kisses.

"I shouldn't have.. called the others.. so soon." Yoohyeon admitted amidst their french kiss, letting out a moan due to the overwhelming feelings. Minji slowly pulled away with a soft giggle escaping her mouth, panting along with Yoohyeon's heavy breathing.

"Too bad you did.. I would've let you go down on me again.." The woman stuck her tongue out with a wink, moving away from Yoohyeon's body to change into a set of comfortable clothing.

Yoohyeon grumpily pouted at the loss of contact, cursing to herself like a kid before following Minji to the big She wrapped her arms around the older's waist from behind, intently watching how Minji was rummaging for something to wear.

"What are you looking for?"

"These." The woman then pulled out a pair of dark grey hoodies and sweatpants for herself and for the outcast, examining them with curiosity. Once she was done, she turned around with a smile. "They are perfectly clean. We can wear them." Minji handed the clothes to Yoohyeon, making the younger hum in thought.

"Don't they have women's underwear or anything?" The girl spoke out, making Minji tilt her head in perplexity. "Wouldn't it be weird if they did have some..?" Minji said in disbelief, earning an awkward chuckle in return. "You're right.."

Minji was then first to wear the clothes, while Yoohyeon had trouble fitting her head inside the hoodie.

"A little help please.." Yoohyeon muttered out, getting a giggle out from Minji for her clumsiness. She helped the younger out and fixed her hood, patting her shoulders. "Here, we're all done now." Minji claimed, instantly noticing the wide smile that was formed on Yoohyeon's mouth.

"What's with that smile? Are you feeling happy?" The older questioned with a chuckle. Yoohyeon then fixed her gaze behind Minji, pointing towards the mirror that on the wall. The Icebreaker stared into their reflections, feeling a slight flush of blood reach up to her cheeks when she noticed that Yoohyeon's stare hadn't left her even for a second.

"Of course I am! Wouldn't you be happy if you were wearing matching clothes with the person you like a lot?" Yoohyeon giggled, suddenly hearing footsteps entering inside the house. "Oh! The others are here! I'll go show them around real quick." Yoohyeon walked out the room while hopping, leaving an unexpectedly flustered Minji in the bedroom.

"Of course I would be.. That's why I'm just as happy, stupid puppy.." Minji shyly smiled to herself, shaking her head and switching back to her usual poker face before heading out the bedroom.

The moment she stepped out, she was welcomed by the rest of the group.

"Oh, hey Minji!- I see you changed your clothes too.. how interesting.." Jiwon nudged her with a teasing smile, making Minji look away with a shy scoff.

"They're wearing matching clothes with Yoohyeon.. that's so cute.." Jiho uttered from the side, making everyone look at him with smiles and chuckles.

"This guy here is definitely getting an award for being the biggest Minji and Yoohyeon supporter." Namhyuk teased the boy, making him scratch his head.

"Alright, that's enough now. What are we actually going to do now that we're all here?" Hayoung questioned, suddenly hearing a childish, happy laughter echoing from one of the rooms. Yoohyeon had suddenly popped out with a bag of sweets, showing it to the group with the biggest smile ever.

"Guys! They have homemade marshmallows!" The girl hopped from excitement, making everyone widen their eyes in shock as they rushed to see the sweets themselves. "Oh my god, they're so fluffy!? Is this how marshmallows were really like? This soft!?" Jeongyun spoke in awe, getting a happy nod in return from Bora.

"These ones seem even better and so much fluffier because they're homemade!" Minjoon exclaimed in excitement, squishing one of them like a child.

Minji took one marshmallow, squeezing it with a little smile. She was about to try it out, but Yoohyeon took it from her hand and instantly ate it, leaving Minji confused.

"Why did you do that..?" The Icebreaker asked perplexed, being taken aback when Yoohyeon frowned at the taste.

The younger then took the marshmallows from everyone's hands, putting them all back inside the bag.

"Guys, let's try and make our own marshmallows instead, since these ones don't taste nice. I saw a recipe book, so we'll be good." Yoohyeon said with a slight smile, making the others sulky. "Awh, they looked good to me though." Minjoon pouted, earning a weak chuckle in return from Yoohyeon.

"Trust me, they're not good at all. I'll go throw these ones out."

Yoohyeon then walked out the house, being surprised when Yoobin followed her outside.

"Can't I try at least one?" The Icebreaker pleaded, switching to a frown when Yoohyeon shook her head with a bit of a worried gaze. "These marshmallows are poisoned.. I don't recommend it." The girl informed, making Yoobin widen her eyes.

"What!?Then why did you eat one??"

"Minji would've eaten one, so I tried it just to make sure they were safe to consume.. But I guess not." Yoohyeon pouted, suddenly frowning in disgust because of the aftertaste. "Yuck, this tastes like some kind of a bitter poison, I might get a bellyache because of this.. Thank god this infection is keeping me safe from dying to poisonous food." The girl shook her head, noticing Yoobin's softened gaze.

"Why are you looking at me like that.." Yoohyeon asked, suddenly getting nudged on the waist.

"Thanks for keeping us safe Yooh. You're the best leader." Yoobin smiled, looking behind to see the others reading from the recipe book to make marshmallows.

"If it wasn't for your care towards Minji, we probably would've been dead by now." Yoobin chuckled, patting Yoohyeon's back before going back inside. The girl just stood still, looking at Yoobin walking back inside.

Yoohyeon switched her gaze towards Minji, making eye contact with her and getting flashed a little smile. Yoohyeon returned the gesture, then throwed the bag of poisoned sweets away while glancing at the woman helping Bora stir the sugar and gelatin and Bora telling the outcasts how to use a blender.

"I really do care a lot.." Yoohyeon sighed to herself with a smile, walking back inside and surprising Minji by giving her a peck on her cheek. The woman blinked a few times in confusion, chuckling when Yoohyeon was widely smiling and watching her prepare the sweets.

"Instead of watching me, how about you help the boys out with the mixing?" Minji tilted her head, making Yoohyeon widen her eyes at the chaotic way the boys were trying to blend the sweet mix.

"Good idea.." Yoohyeon instantly dashed towards them, taking the blender away from them and doing it herself.

"You guys are so bad at this.." The leader chuckled, making the boys pout. "At least we were trying! We should've eaten those other pink marshmallows instead.. Why did you throw them out?" Namhyuk asked, making Yoohyeon shake her head. "Stop complaining and go help Minjoon with the campfire outside instead." The girl ordered, earning a scoff in return from them. "Fine.."

...

"The marshmallows are done!"

Bora and Minji called out in unison, suddenly noticing how Minjoon and Yoohyeon ran inside towards the kitchen to taste check the sweets first.

Yoohyeon took one cubic marshmallow, putting it in her mouth and chewing it cautiously. She then widened her eyes, giving many thumbs up with a smile.

"They're perfect!" She exclaimed, watching the other three getting a piece and trying it out. It was safe to assume the taste was pure satisfactory to them as well.

"Oh my god, this is incredible.." Minjoon said, running over to Bora and giving her a kiss on her cheek. "You're so good at cooking babe, oh my god.." Minjoon hugged his girlfriend, seeing the grossed out expression on Yoohyeon and Minji's faces.

"Did you just call my best friend babe..?" Yoohyeon lowly said in disgust, looking at Minji who was just as disgusted. "I can't believe I heard my brother say that word out loud.." Minji shook her head, suddenly getting shushed at by Bora.

"You two are the ones calling eachother princess and puppy, so you have no right to say anything about this matter!" Bora mocked, making the two look away since she had a point. "W-Whatever, the taste is good and that's what matters. Let's take these outside." Minji said, taking the big bowl of sweets outside together with the couple and Yoohyeon and putting them on a small wooden log.

"Oh look, the sun is setting." Bora pointed at the sunset, making Minji and Yoohyeon instantly smile at the view. "Doesn't the sun look prettier somehow?" Minjoon said, noticing that Minji and Yoohyeon haven't taken their eyes off of the sun for a second.

"I think it's because we're all together now." Yoohyeon said, turning backwards to look at the other outcasts and Icebreakers joining in. "I agree. It looks beautiful because we're all watching it just like a little family now." Jeongyun said, putting his arms over Namhyuk and Jiho's shoulders.

"Yeah.. like a family.." Minji whispered to herself with a smile, it getting noticed by Hayoung.

"Hey, you seem pretty happy today." Hayoung hugged Minji's arm, making her chuckle. "Yeah, I'm pretty happy.. I think we all needed this little break, especially that big girl over there." Minji said, pointing towards Yoohyeon who was sitting on a log and watching the sun while tapping with her foot.

"Oh yeah, Yooh has been doing the most for us and I'm so grateful to her. She's such a sweetheart.." Hayoung said with a smiley pout, looking back at the group.

"She brought us all together and we made new friends along the way. Thank you for finding her Minji."

Hayoung smiled widely, making the latter widen her eyes with a chuckle. "Hey, isn't this your first time in years saying my real name again?" The woman said, earning a little grin in return. "Yeah, I'm sorry it took me so long.. I guess the atmosphere made me feel like we're finally closer than ever." Hayoung admitted, getting a caress on her hand in return.

"It was about time you let yourself out again. I was waiting for it." Minji pat the latter's head, getting nudged on the other side by Yoobin. "Maybe I should start calling you Minji more often too, since we're friends first and Icebreakers second." Yoobin smiled, making Minji ruffle her hair and hug her shoulders.

"We're all a little family here, along with those ones there." Minji looked at the outcasts, smiling at them. Hayoung then tapped on Minji's shoulder, pointing at a certain person the moment she gained her attention. Minji glanced at the person, pouting followed by a chuckle when she saw Yoohyeon drawing stickmen with a stick.

"Your little puppy is bored, go show her some attention." Hayoung nudged the latter along with Yubin, making Minii smile and walk away from the two Icebreakers towards Yoohyeon.

Yoohyeon switched her gaze towards Minji, smiling brightly when the woman sat down next to her on the log.

"What are you drawing?" Minji asked, noticing Yoohyeon pointing at every single stickman with a smile. "This is our group camping in here. This is you next to Minjoon and Bora, those are the outcasts and those two are Hayoung and Yoobin." Yoohyeon explained in a smile, making Minji hum in thought.

"Where are you though?" She asked, making Yoohyeon point at a stickman far away from the group. "I'm watching from the side right over here." The girl showed, seeing Minji taking another stick and drawing another stickman next to the lone one while erasing a different one.

"Instead of watching alone, I'll be watching with you." The Icebreaker looked at Yoohyeon with a smile, making the younger hug her waist.

"Right, I'm not alone in this, but with you and the others." The girl chuckled, being taken aback when Minji pecked her lips. "You never were alone, and you'll never be. Not when I'll be beside you at all times." Minji caressed Yoohyeon's cheek, leaning in for another peck and resting her head on Yoohyeon's shoulder afterwards.

"You know that I like you a lot, right?" Yoohyeon suddenly said, making Minji roll her eyes with a smile. "You've told me that numerous of times now Yooh, I know it perfectly." Minji chuckled, getting her hand squeezed by the latter. "I think I like you even more now.. And I also think that I'll like you even more every passing day." Yoohyeon looked at the older's hand, smiling at their matching rings.

"And I want to give you a better present than this one after we're done with everything." Yoohyeon added, noticing Minji slightly turning her head to look at her. "How about I give you a present this time? One that we'll both cherish for the rest of our lives?" Minji hummed, making Yoohyeon hesitantly nod.

"I'm sure you'll probably cherish it longer than me though.." The younger sighed, hearing Minji shush at her with an unpleased frown.

"I told you that I'll do my best to find you a cure, right? So promise me you won't lose hope." Minji brought her pinky finger out, making Yoohyeon sigh.

"Promise me, Yoohyeon." Minji repeated with a whisper. Yoohyeon hesitated, but intertwined their fingers into a small pinky promise in the end.

"I promise.."

Minji smiled in relief, noticing the others gathering around the campfire to warm themselves up and take a marshmallow to eat.

But then, Yoohyeon stopped them and wanted to show them a trick to make the marshmallows taste better. The girl took a stick and stabbed a marshmallow on its tip, bringing it closer to the fire. She was a bit surprised when no one really knew what she was doing.

"If you guys do this, they'll taste much better. But don't hold them for too long or they'll get on fire, like literally." She said, pulling the marshmallow stick away from the fire the moment it seemed done. The group watched the girl taste the roasted marshmallow, following her facial expressions with curiosity.

Yoohyeon gave them all a thumbs up with a stuffed mouth, making them chuckle as they copied what she did.

"Wow, this tastes incredible!" Hayoung exclaimed with a satisfied expression, seeing how the others all reacted the same way as her after trying it. "I'd give you a big smooch Yooh, but Minji would really beat me up this time."

"Yes I would!" Minji scoffed in disbelief, making everyone laugh.

Namhyuk, who was seated next to Jiho, pointed at Bora and Minjoon who were roasting marshmallows together. "I never expected that Bora of ours to ever fall for an Icebreaker. They're cute." He chuckled. Jiho raised an eyebrow and looked somewhere else instead.

"Yeah, but still not as cute as those two over there." Jiho then pointed at Yoohyeon and Minji, giggling at the way how Minji was pouting because she burned her marshmallow and Yoohyeon was roasting one for her.

Jiho then hummed, waving his hand to get Yoohyeon's attention.

"Yooh, how did you think of this roasted marshmallow thing? Have you done it before?" Jiho asked, noticing the older girl smiling to herself.

"Yeah, I did it a lot in the past. I used to go camping once a month with my father before this whole virus thing." She answered, taking out the roasted part of the marshmallow and feeding it to Minji.

The moment she mentioned him, everyone's breaths hitched with overflowing curiosity. It was very rare for Yoohyeon to talk about her father, or her past in general.

"We used to eat marshmallows all the time whenever we went camping. He always roasted them for me because he knew how much I loved eating them." Yoohyeon added, bringing the stick back towards the fire to roast another marshmallow for herself.

"Speaking of your father, what was he like? Outside of his whole SYM scientist persona." Minjoon asked with clasped hands over his knees. Yoohyeon's eyes then lit up with a smile. "He was the most caring father anyone could wish for. He always made sure I knew I was loved and appreciated as a human and his daughter." She spoke with no hesitation, stuffing her mouth with the marshmallow she roasted. She then continued after swallowing her food.

"He always watched cartoons with me, watched how I played video games and even bought himself a costume of my favorite game character! My dad was honestly the best father any child could ask for. It was unfortunate that I couldn't see him a lot, because my parents got divorced and because of his job, but I still appreciate every moment I spent with him till this say." Yoohyeon finished with a little grin, looking at Bora who was surprised.

"Isn't this your first time sharing stories about your past?" The small woman asked, making Yoohyeon hum in realization.

"Wait, you're right. I've only told you the important stuff about my past. I haven't shared such simple moments to anyone else before, not even you."

The girl tilted her head, realizing that this was something new to her. Her past was something she hid from everyone around her, so she was surprised that it felt comfortable, but not scary.

"Yooh, I.." Minjoon spoke up, earning Yoohyeon's attention.

"I'm sorry for thinking badly of your father.. After hearing you talk more about him, I'm sure we all figured that we had the wrong idea of him. He was just a man that did everything he could for his family's happiness." Minjoon said, making Yoohyeon poutily smile.

"It's okay, I can understand why most people saw him as someone bad or gruesome. He was a well known scientist that made a notorious vaccine for a deadly virus before it even existed, after all. If I didn't know him personally, I'd feel weird about it too. It does sound pretty sketchy, doesn't it?" The girl stated with a nod, assuring the man that everything was okay.

The whole time, Minji was silently listening to the conversation, not understanding how she was feeling by hearing everything. She was told numerous of times that Yunseok was evil, the one who caused harm to the world out of greed, but he didn't sound like that. Yoohyeon explained it as if he was nothing but a normal man doing his job to provide for his daughter that he loved.

Minji was more than confused about her own feelings and past beliefs. Was she wrong about Kim Yunseok this whole time?

"Yooh, can you tell me more about that thing you said? About your father being forced to make a second vaccine?" Minji whispered to Yoohyeon the moment she saw no one was paying attention to them. The girl hummed, moving a bit closer to Minji and hugging her waist with her arms while leaning her head on her shoulder.

"What do you want to know?"

"How did you find out about it? What kind of vaccine is it exactly? Do you know where it is?" Minji leaned into her touch, staring at her side profile. Yoohyeon cleared her throat, explaining with no hesitation.

"When I went to get the last magnet, there was footage being shown of my father. He said how his boss forced him to create a new SYM 2.0 vaccine. It gives someone immunity and something like a booster for their senses, strength and durability." She then gulped, sighing before continuing. "And that same vaccine is.. within me. That's basically the vaccine I was given as a child." The younger answered, making Minji tilt her head as a new question pooped up in her mind.

"Did he talk about his boss? His identity maybe?" Minji asked, getting a head-shake in return.

"My dad didn't inform much, but Jiwon found her father's documents and there was a USB drive inside. He spoke about the magnets and how there was something in the main laboratory's control room that could only be opened with those magnets." Yoohyeon said, clenching her fist with a determined smile.

"I'm sure there's more about the vaccine and their boss' identity in there." The girl added, noticing Minji looking at another direction with widened eyes.

"Wait, does that mean Jiwon is also connected to SYM?" The Icebreaker asked, getting a weak nod in return.

"She's the daughter of the man that was my father's coworker and best friend.. as well as the one who sold your parents the fake vaccines.." Yoohyeon hesitantly informed, noticing Minji slightly furrowing her eyebrows. "So.. her father scammed my parents..?" Minji said silently, making Yoohyeon gulp in worry.

"Y-Yeah, but he was forced to do it because SYM's boss wanted the earnings for himself.. Her father never wanted to do it.." Yoohyeon nervously answered, noticing Minji's unexplainable stare on the outcast.

"Are you.. angry at her?" Yoohyeon worriedly asked.

The woman then sighed, putting her hand over Yoohyeon's thigh and looking at her with a reassuring smile.

"No, I'm not. Neither Jiwon or her father are to blame here. It's that boss' fault for everything. He forced people to cause harm." Minji claimed truthfully, making Yoohyeon smile widely. The girl hugged Minji's body tightly, leaving her confused. "Why are you hugging me so tightly all of a sudden?" The woman smiled, feeling the visible positivity coming from Yoohyeon.

"I'm happy because you've changed, Minji. You don't hate every person connected to SYM now. How come?" Yoohyeon questioned happily, making Minji caress the girl's head.

"There's this one girl that made me open my eyes and realize that even people with bad backgrounds need to be given a chance to explain themselves. I started seeing the good in someone's present, not their past. Thanks to her, I managed to change my mind." Minji smiled and traveled her hands to cup Yoohyeon's cheeks, chuckling when she felt how hot they felt.

"Was it me who helped you with that..?" Yoohyeon asked shyly, earning a snicker from the latter.

"No Yoohyeon, it was my sister." Minji sarcastically said, noticing Yoohyeon didn't understand her sarcasm. "But you don't have a sister..?" The girl said in confusion, suddenly getting pulled in a deep kiss which took her aback. Minji pulled out, shaking her head with a teasing smile.

"It was sarcasm Yooh.. Obviously you're the one who helped me. Who else can it be if not you?"

Minji leaned in for another kiss, but got startled when she felt a small piece of stick flying towards them.

"Can you two stop kissing for once!? Gosh, we can't have at least a bit of peace with you two around.." Namhyuk scoffed, making both girls chuckle to themselves.

"I guess we need to wait for them to fall asleep before we can do anything." Minji said, noticing the little frown on Yoohyeon's mouth. "What if they decide to stay up all night though?" The younger sulkily spoke, making Minji pout because she looked too adorable. "Why are you always so cute? It's unbelievable that you can be so adorable, yet so strong." Minji said in a cute tone, making Yoohyeon chuckle.

And then, the girl suddenly slightly furrowed her eyebrows and confused Minji by doing so.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Minji asked with a tilted head, getting a head-shake in return. "No no, it's.." Yoohyeon then gripped her hands on the log she was sitting on, looking around for a certain pair of eyes. The moment she saw the person, she turned back to look at Minji and left a quick peck on her cheek before standing up.

"I have something to do real quick. Give me just a minute and I'll be right back!" Yoohyeon said with a little smile, dashing towards the person she looked at earlier - it was Yoobin.

"Oh, what's up Yooh?" Yoobin asked in confusion, seeing Yoohyeon pointing at her throat.

"The poison from earlier is taking effect and it's pretty bad.. Try to keep Minji away from following me somehow, please.." The younger pleaded, sighing in relief when Yoobin hesitantly nodded. "Should I tell her about it if she asks?" The Icebreaker questioned, getting an instant no in return.

"Don't. She'll get worried and upset, so don't." Yoohyeon said, furrowing her eyebrows from the throat ache. She gave Yoobin a thumbs up as a way to say she trusted her before she dashed behind the house.

"This kid always gets herself in trouble.." Yoobin shook her head and she stood up, walking towards Minji who was just about to go after Yoohyeon.

"Hey Minji, how are you liking this so far?" Yoobin asked with a smile, seeing Minji point at a direction. "I like this a lot, but.. Do you know why Yoohyeon just ran off like that? Should I go check up on her?" Minji said with worried eyes, making Yoobin sigh in perplexity.

She didn't want to tell the older about the situation Yoohyeon was in because the girl trusted her, but by the way Minji was so worried and concerned.. Yoobin couldn't lie to her, even if it was for a good cause.

"She'll be back in a bit, don't worry. The pink marshmallow she ate hours ago was poisoned and she went behind the house to let it out, I guess." Yoobin informed, making Minji widen her eyes.

"P-Poisoned!? Huh!? What if-" Minji was about to continue until Yoobin shushed her to stop her from worrying more. The outcast didn't lie when she said the Icebreaker would get very worried.

"Yoohyeon said her infection kept her away from harmful poison, so she'll be okay. I don't know how much I can trust this though, since she said it was bad.." Yoobin sighed, making Minji furrow her eyebrows in realization.

"Was the marshmallow she ate the one I was going to eat?" Minji questioned, earning a little nod from the latter. "Yeah.. If she didn't eat it, we all could've been dead by now." Yoobin said and pursed her lips, noticing the slight uneasiness in Minji.

"She did it again.. She risked herself for us.." Minji said sadly, making Yoobin weakly smile as she pat the older's back. "It's more like she risked herself for you. I'm pretty sure if someone else wanted to try that marshmallow she wouldn't have done what she did." Yoobin said with a sigh, gently nudging the Icebreaker to make her feel less uneasy.

"You know how strong that kid is, she won't die because of some stupid poison." Yoobin said, then humming in thought. "Though, she didn't exactly say what kind of poison it was other than that it was bitter.." Yoobin scratched her head, leaning forward while rubbing her nose in more thought. "It's possible that-.."

"Minji?"

Yoobin looked to the side, sighing in disbelief when she saw the older woman wasn't next to her anymore. Yoobin was blabbing to herself for almost a minute now and didn't notice Minji leaving.

"Yoohyeon is going to end me.."

...

"Yoohyeon?" Minji called out, suddenly hearing muffled coughing sounds coming from some bushes. The Icebreaker rushed towards the sound, seeing Yoohyeon balancing herself on a tree while breathing heavily.

"Oh god.. Yooh, are you okay?" The woman walked closer, widening her eyes when she saw that there was a bit of blood leaking from the younger's mouth.

"W-Were you vomiting blood??" Minji said in shock, getting stopped by Yoohyeon who brought her hand out without making eye contact.

"Don't look, it'll get worse-"

Yoohyeon then coughed, leaning her body forward as more blood was coming out of her mouth, but this time it was mixed with leaks of black goo. That same goo had all the poison sucked inside itself from her blood like a magnet, making it easier for Yoohyeon to harmlessly extract the poison out of her body. But it didn't help that much, because she could feel herself weakening from vomiting out all the blood that was affected by the poison.

Minji frowned at the view, taking a step back while she looked around for something to somehow help the younger with.

"What was inside those marshmallows?" Minji spoke to the latter, noticing Yoohyeon slightly pointing somewhere. The woman turned her head towards the direction, seeing flowers.

"O-Oleander.. Very poisonous.. and deadly.." Yoohyeon said weakly, making Minji sigh in realization.

"So the pinkish color wasn't from food coloring, but those flowers.."

The woman worriedly looked back at the younger, noticing how she was carefully walking away from the tree while breathing heavily from the sudden feeling of relief and comfort around her throat.

"I think it's done now.. But, why are you here and not with Yoobin?" Yoohyeon asked, being taken aback when Minji glared at her. "Did you really try to keep me away by telling her to stay with me?" The woman crossed her arms, watching Yoohyeon shake her hands desperately in defense.

"I-It's not like that, I just didn't want you to see.. this." Yoohyeon looked back at the puddle of blood and goo while scratching her head. But then she widened her eyes, surprised because Minji rushed to hug her.

"I told you not to risk yourself for my safety.. Why do you not listen to my words Yoohyeon.." Minji muttered out by weakly hitting the girl's back with her fist. Yoohyeon gently hugged the woman back, smiling after Minji released her fists and started caressing her back instead.

"You saw what happened to me. If that was you, you would've died Minji.." The younger rested her head on the older's shoulder carefully, not wanting to dirty her clothes with blood.

"You didn't have to eat it.. You could've just put it back inside.." Minji silently said, earning a soft chuckle by Yoohyeon. "Then I wouldn't have known that it was poisoned and someone else could've eaten one. It's okay Minji, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't know I would be okay afterwards." Yoohyeon said, pulling out the hug and looking into Minji's eyes with a slight smile.

The woman tilted her head, using her hoodie's sleeve to wipe off the girl's blood from her mouth. Yoohyeon pouted with a smile, wrapping her arm over the very slightly shorter woman's shoulders and walking back towards the camp.

"I'm so going to have a nice talk with Yoobin about this.." Yoohyeon said, hearing Minji scoff while glaring at her.

"I should thank her for telling me, since you wouldn't have even said a damn word about this, you nerd!"

Minji pinched the younger's waist, making Yoohyeon squeal and take a step back to escape from what was next.

"Let's not get violent now..." Yoohyeon brought her hands forward in defense, gulping once she saw the mischievous smile on Minji's face. "Why are you running away? Too scared of me or something?" Minji faked pinching Yoohyeon, laughing when the girl fell for it.

"Anything but my waist, please.. I'm too ticklish there.." Yoohyeon pleaded. Minji's face portrayed one of mockery the more Yoohyeon tried to run away. In the end, the woman managed to pinch her waist again, making Yoohyeon whine.

Yoohyeon tried to run past her, but Minji managed to catch the girl by hugging her waist and tickling her all over it. Yoohyeon started cry-laughing, trying to break free from the older's hold, but she widened her eyes when Minji carried her by the waist, all the way inside the house from the back door.

"Please, I give up- Just don't tickle me anymore, I beg!" Yoohyeon whined, abruptly getting thrown on top of a bed.

"It's your punishment for making me worried all over again." The woman cheekily smiled, throwing herself on top of the younger and tickling her all over her body. Yoohyeon couldn't stop laughing and squealing like an energized kid, and Minji seemed to be enjoying it too much.

"Please Minji, stop- I can't breathe, oh my god! Please please please!" Yoohyeon tried to get a hold of the woman's hands, panting crazily from relief the moment she did it. She didn't let her go and even tightened her hold out of feat that Minji would start tickling her again.

"Is this what I get for my care towards you!?" Yoohyeon exclaimed in a struggle. Minji tilted her head, raising an eyebrow with a smirk.

"I think you haven't even gotten enough, but I'll let it go just this once." The woman chuckled, suddenly dropping her whole body on top of the younger. She moved her head closer to hers, pecking her cheek before resting it back on the pillow below their heads.

"Thank you for always being so caring towards me.. You know I really appreciate everything you do for me, pup." Minji said in a whisper, making Yoohyeon less tensed up as she released Minji's hands and hugged the woman tightly.

"You're my number one in every aspect, Minji. I'll always care about you with no limits." She turned her head to face the woman, staring into her blissful eyes that looked too beautiful to be real.

Yoohyeon was about to fill in the small gap between their proximity with a kiss, but she retracted herself in realization.

"Hold on, I need to brush my teeth before I kiss you. I hope there are clean toothbrushes here.." Yoohyeon apologetically grimaced, slightly moving away from the latter's body and sprinting towards the bathroom. Minji leaned her head on her palm, balancing on her elbow. She kept on provocatively glaring at the younger, shamelessly laying down sideways in a seductive way.

"There better be.. I won't survive without your kisses. " Minji winked at the younger while biting her bottom lip, chuckling at the way how Yoohyeon was talking deep breaths to calm herself down. The girl started nervously rummaging through every cabinet, sighing in relief the moment she saw an unopened package of a toothbrush. She shakily applied some toothpaste and started brushing her teeth, secretly taking a few glances at Minji's provocative stance.

"She's making me go crazy, oh my god.." The girl whispered to herself with a smile, seeing the way Minji was calling for her with her gaze.

"Are you done, puppy? It's so lonely without my Hyeon in this bed.." Minji pouted as a way to tease her, almost making Yoohyeon choke on the toothpaste she was rinsing off.

Yoohyeon's mind was occupied with so many thoughts and scenarios involving Minji that she was having a hard time replying to her. The moment Yoohyeon was done, she didn't waste time to run back to Minji and jump on the bed, hovering over her body.

"Finally! I almost thought you didn't want to kiss me anymore." Minji slid her finger along Yoohyeon's jawline, seeing the cheeky smile on the girl's lips as she was leaning closer. "I want to kiss you all the time princess, you don't even know.." Yoohyeon brushed her lips against Minji's ones, not closing in the distance just for teasing.

"Are you trying to tease me, Hyeonie?" Minji's unexpected hoarse voice left Yoohyeon overly flustered. The outcast knew that the woman underneath her was full of charms and surprises, but the change of voice almost made her arms weak.

"N-Not at all, princess.." Yoohyeon accidentally stuttered, which gave Minji a hint that she was in full control of the situation. It was the older's time to have fun yet again.

"You aren't that good at lying, my puppy.. Don't you know just how much I want you right now?" Minji whispered the last sentence, feeling Yoohyeon's shaky breath hitting against her lips.

"Only you can make me go crazy."

Yoohyeon instantly lost all of her senses of restraint after those words. Her mind, her body, her thoughts, her feelings, all of them belonged to and consisted of Minji.. Minji, Minji, Minji.. Kim Minji.. Yoohyeon was way too charmed and attracted.

"Fucking hell, Kim Minji.."

Yoohyeon closed the short gap between them, shivers traveling all over her body because she felt even more flustered and attracted to the latter. Minji wrapped her legs and arms around Yoohyeon's body, pulling her even closer to feel her as closely as humanly possible. Yoohyeon fit perfectly in between Minji's opened legs, balancing on both her knees and arms. She tilted her head to the side, squeezing Minji's waist with one hand, followed by gently biting on the Icebreaker's bottom lip as a sign that she wanted more. Minji let out a sigh of pleasure, smiling at the way how desperately Yoohyeon was trying to intensify their kisses.

"Try to keep it quiet since there's people outside, pup." Minji whispered against her lips, making Yoohyeon smirk. "It should be me saying that to you." The girl chuckled, switching to kissing and sucking on Minji's warm nape. The woman leaned her head backwards, biting her inner cheeks with closed eyes to stay silent.

"You're so good.." The woman spoke out silently, biting her inner bottom lip when Yoohyeon licked her most sensitive spot on her neck. Minji couldn't help but hum out a weak moan, making Yoohyeon smile to herself with pride and mischief.

"Am I making you feel that good, my princess?" Yoohyeon teased, provocatively whispering right against her ear. Minji gulped, weakly nodding as a response. She knew what the girl was trying to do, so she tried her best not to fall for her teasing this time.

"Let me hear your voice. I want to hear you say it." Yoohyeon lowly spoke, making the woman shiver because of her voice.

"You're making me- g-go crazy.."

Minji fell for Yoohyeon's teasing as the girl sucked on her neck the moment she spoke, leading to the Icebreaker accidentally releasing a whimper that was a bit louder than intended.

"That's what I like to hear.. Your beautiful voice.. that's only for me." Yoohyeon whispered seductively, making Minji's heart skip a beat as she was getting more and more flustered by the way Yoohyeon was acting.

"Yooh, w-we need to be quiet.. They'll hear us.." The woman tried to speak under composure, but Yoohyeon was getting more and more seductive with her ways of pleasuring Minji.

"Let them hear it all.. Only I can make you feel this good, because you're mine." Yoohyeon sighed against her ear, making Minji's breath hitch. It wasn't the time for her to get turned on, but Yoohyeon's ways of teasing were very captivating all of a sudden.

Yoohyeon hungrily bit on Minji's pulse point, making the woman silently wince, because it was a bit harsher than usual. But right then, Minii slightly looked below and noticed something seemed off. Yoohyeon usually wouldn't be this aggressive and dominant, especially when she knew the group was outside. Either way, Yoohyeon wouldn't act like that without asking just in case..

Something was not right.

Minji abruptly turned their positions around by force, grabbing a hold of Yoohyeon's hands and locking them together above her head. The stare of lust, acts of sudden dominance and the desperate obsessiveness that the outcast had in her eyes was nothing like the Yoohyeon Minji has grown closer to over the past few months.

The person below her could be anyone, but it was certainly not her Kim Yoohyeon.

"Yoohyeon, snap out of it." The woman spoke while focusing more on Yoohyeon's eyes, seeing that the capillaries inside Yoohyeon's sclera were turning pitch black.

"I want to taste you.. let me taste you Minji.. I want you to be mine.." Yoohyeon spoke with a raspy voice. Minji furrowed her eyebrows, recognizing the voice not to be Yoohyeon's sweetly soothing one.

"Come back to your senses Kim Yoohyeon. Gain your control back." Minji held the girl's hands tighter, noticing how Yoohyeon was glaring at her.

"I need you.. I want to feel you right now.." Yoohyeon kept on saying the same things with more demand, making Minji sigh anxiously.

The woman nervously looked around the room and out the window, catching a glimpse of Bora's back facing them. Right then, she remembered what Yoohyeon had told her about loss of control and awareness. Minji had to think of a way to make the younger so surprised, to the point she'd feel very shocked.

"I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings.." Minji sighed rather sadly.

"What do you-"

"I regret meeting you."

Yoohyeon furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, profusely blinking. She then kept on staring forward with no emotions in her eyes, until she finally hummed and noticed Minji was above her.

"Minji..? When did I get pinned?" The girl looked around in confusion, suddenly widening her eyes at the faint memories coming back.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Minji.. I-I.. I lost control." Yoohyeon weakly apologized, feeling her hands getting free from the lock as Minji moved hers to cup Yoohyeon's cheeks.

"I'm sorry for saying that to you as well, but I didn't know what else to do to snap you out of it.." The woman apologized as well, making Yoohyeon gently caress the woman's hands that were on her face.

"No Minji, you did the right thing. Thank you for bringing me back.. I'm so sorry that I lost control, I didn't mean it.." Yoohyeon guiltily looked away, making Minji sigh sadly as she instantly hugged the girl.

"I know you didn't mean it, my puppy.. It's okay.." The Icebreaker assured the younger, getting more saddened because Yoohyeon didn't hug her back from guilt and fear.

"I-I shouldn't Minji.. I felt so many emotions and I lost control because of that.. I'm scared it might happen again- I should stay away so I don't hurt you in any way.." Yoohyeon silently uttered in defeat, staring at the ceiling. Minji pulled away from the hug, moving Yoohyeon's head to the side and pecking her cheek numerous of times.

"I'm not leaving you alone no matter what. I'll be with you for as long as it takes until you've calmed down, okay?" Minji weakly smiled, getting a hesitant nod in return from Yoohyeon.

The Icebreaker hugged her again, feeling how Yoohyeon was begining to move her arms. The outcast then cautiously hugged Minji back, gently pulling her closer while burying her head in her nape to inhale her sweet, comforting scent.

"I'm sorry I scared you.. I'm so sorry Minji, I'm sorry for hurting you and making you regret meeting me.." Yoohyeon mumbled weakly, silently sniffing because she was close to crying out of fear and guilt. She was so worried that Minji would never get closer to her again and stay away, but it was the complete opposite. Minji didn't want to leave Yoohyeon's side even for a slight second.

"Hey, I don't regret meeting you Yoohyeon. It was just a lie and you know it. I wasn't scared or hurt at all, I promise.. I can never be scared of you because I know how kind-hearted, caring and genuine you are. You would never dare to hurt any of us." Minji assured the girl with her sweet voice, caressing the younger's waist.

Minji repositioned herself on the bed, pulling Yoohyeon to rest comfortably on top of her body. The girl buried her head in the crook of Minji's neck, silently tearing up out of relief and comfort. She felt too grateful that Minji was still beside her even after she lost control of herself. Even after all the trouble she has caused for Minji, all the disappointment, all the secret.. her Kim Minji was still here..

"I-I never knew.. I'd ever be so.. blessed to meet s-someone as special as you.. W-Why do you always forgive my mistakes, Minji? Why-Why do you always care about me? I really don't understand why you don't hate me.. When have I done something good to you to deserve to be in your life..?"

Minji pouted sadly at those painful words, hugging the girl tighter. She couldn't believe Yoohyeon felt this grateful to have met her, but mostly, she was devastated because Yoohyeon didn't believe she has done any good deeds. The girl had no idea how wrong she was, because Minji could start speaking now, and continue for days.

"Yoohyeon.. please don't say such stuff about yourself anymore.. Out of every person I have met throughout my whole life, your impact has been the greatest, the most memorable, and the only one I'd consider as too valuable to forget. You have no idea Yoohyeon.. Even your simplest attempts to make me smile were enough to fix my mood. Your presence itself is what keeps me motivated at all times, my pup." She shakily sighed out all the heaviness inside her, pecking the younger's shoulder to assure her that everything she was saying was the truth.

"Yoohyeon, all of my happiness, worry, gratitude and care for you doesn't compare to everything you have done for me. So please baby, don't think like that anymore.." Minji spoke softly, making Yoohyeon weakly raise her head to rest it on the older's shoulder. She wiped her tears, one specific word lingering in her mind.

"D-Did you call me baby?" Yoohyeon blinked in confusion, repositioning her head to look at Minji's side profile with a shy smile.

"Oh.. I guess I did. I'm no better than my brother, huh?" Minji sighed to herself, making Yoohyeon silently chuckle as she properly rested her head on the pillow to stare at Minji's facial features from the side. She didn't expect such comforting words to ease her heart so much.

"Thank you for those words Minji.. I truly appreciate them a lot- And also.. I-I don't mind you calling me that. It sound cute if it's coming from you." The girl admitted, making Minji turn her head to face the younger with a sweet grin.

"Baby? Do you want me to call you my baby?" Minji repeated with a cute smile, giggling when Yoohyeon covered her face with her hands from embarrassment, slightly nodding against her palms.

"Yeah.. I-I like it.." Yoohyeon admitted with a muffled voice, feeling how Minji caressed her head while leaning closer to peck her forehead. "I like it too." The woman claimed, noticing how the curves of Yoohyeon's lips had turned into a smile.

"Baby.. My princess.. My baby Kim Minji.." Yoohyeon said while slightly parting her fingers, looking at the Icebreaker through a small gap.

"Y-You don't- You d-don't have to say it l-like that.." Minji nervously started stuttering like hell while looking away from extreme shyness, earning a soft chuckle from the girl. This was the first time the woman looked so shy infront of Yoohyeon.

"I'll start calling you my baby once I start bragging that you're officially mine." Yoohyeon claimed with a pursed smile, making the latter snicker under her breath.

"I'll wait.." Minji whispered, snuggling closer to Yoohyeon and melting into her embrace..

"I'll wait for as long as I have to.."

› END OF CHAPTER 31 ‹

Kind of a long chapter this time.. sorry for that!

The end is closer than ever now, huh? It's been more than 30 chapters and I can't believe that it's almost done..

Also, fun fact: This story has more than 200k words in total- THAT'S TWICE MORE THAN A HANDWRITTEN NOVEL WHAT THE FUUU!_?#(_9#!?#

› ‹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 9
There's No Chance of living a normal life, Losing hope was all what they could think about, tired of running away and hidding to some abandoned build...
8.7K 346 47
Kill to save. Blood stains, dead bodies, screaming, crying, fighting, sacrificing, running, betraying and desperation, Everything a mess! Guide by th...
1.1K 209 51
⚠️ STRICTLY NO REPOSTING ⚠️ [ A L T E R N A T E U N I V E R S E ] A team was send to a state because of the country have been attack by zombies.Zomb...
Dead Love By Lia

Teen Fiction

93 5 12
Dead Love. This story is about a young girl trying to survive an apocalypse alone. But soon she meets other survivors, what happens then? Are they tr...