Unsung Hero

Por Baxterbro

Follow Spartan S-142 or Ash, an Experimental Spartan II, as his story starts on Reach. Being transferred to a... Más

Noble Actual
Winter Contingency
ONI: Sword Base
Nightfall
Tip of the Spear
Long Night of Solace
Exodus
New Alexandria
The Packages
The Pillar of Autumn & Lone Wolf
Halo CE: The Pillar of Autumn
Halo
The Truth and Reconcilliation
The Silent Cartographer
Assault on the Control Room
343 Guilty Spark
The Library
Two Betrayals
Keyes
The Maw
Halo 2: The Heretic/The Armory
Cairo Station
Outskirts
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Sacred Icon
Quarantine Zone
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
The Packages
The Babysitter
Starry Night
Believe
Landfall
Halo 3: Arrival
Sierra 142

Metropolis

218 10 25
Por Baxterbro

A Marine sitting on the ground, breathing erratically, watches as Noble Six approaches, along with Caleb's squad. Ash steps over the Marine and walks up behind a standing female Marine.

"It blew right through us." The Female marines states and they watch as the Scarab ramps over the bridge, out of view. "50-cal, rockets... didn't do a thing."

A Pelican flies in and drops a Scorpion tank. Sergeant Johnson and Master Chief get out, as Ash, the ODSTs and the Marines walk over.

"Where's the rest of your platoon?" Johnson asks the female Marine.

"Wasted, Sarge." The Female Marine replies.

"And we will be, too, sir, if we don't get the hell outta here!" The Male Marines states.

Johnson puts a hand on the male Marine's shoulder. "You hit, Marine?"

"N-no, Sir."

"Then listen up! Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today!" He motions to the tank. "This here is sixty-six tons of straight up, H-E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!" 

"What about the Scarab?" The Female Marine asks.

"We've all run the simulations, they're tough, but they ain't invincible. Stay with the Master Chief, and Noble Six. they'll know what to do."

"Yes, sir, Sergeant!"

"Thanks for the tank" Xi says. "He never gets me anything."

Sergeant Johnson climbs back on the Pelican, and cocks its machine gun. He smirks. "Oh, I know what the ladies like."

"Didn't I give you a Battlecruiser?" Ash asks Xi.

"After I did all the work to get us there." Xi states.

Caleb turns to Rick and Buckus. "Go with the Sergeant, me and Caylnn with stick with the Chief and Six."

"On it, sir!" Buckus and Rick climb into the Pelican.

Ladies like Superior Firepower

Ash looks out to the burning skyline with the Covenant assault carrier hovering over it. The suspension bridge is strewn with the wreckage of cars, tanks and buses. A multitude of Ghosts as well as a Wraith tank patrol the bridge.

Ash turns to the Chief. "Mind if I drive?"

Chief takes a rocket launcher off his back. "Go ahead."

A Wraith tank pulls up beside the two. Caleb is operating the plasma turret. Calynn pops out of the driver seat. "Well, let's give them a welcoming party!"

"I didn't bring the cookies." Caleb states.

Ash hops in the drive seat as the female Marine climbs in the turret, the Master Chief and the other Marine hop on the tread armor.

The two tanks make their trek across the bridge. Caylnn starts mortar fire as Ash shoots down several Banshees. Chief shoots down several Banshees as well.

"If Johnson's Cupid then I'm the Grimm Reaper!" Caylnn yells as she blows up the enemy Wraith.

The group makes it halfway across and several Banshees swoop in and attack them. Three Phantom dropships fly by, deploying troops and another Wraith tank.

Ash manages to shoot down a retreating Phantom, while Chief takes down the Banshees. Caylnn happily deals with the Wraith tank while Caleb and the Marines take care of the infantry. 

They continue on, taking down small groups of Covenant infantry.

They approach the second speed tunnel.

"That's quite a welcome party." Cortana says.

A pack of Ghosts skitter into view and open fires. They are soon joined by a pair of Wraith tanks which come in from the nearby highway tunnel, as well as another pair of Banshees.

Ash sends a Ghost flying off a bridge by barely missing it. "Heh..." He blows up another Ghost.

Caleb open fires at the Banshees and he causes one Banshee to crash into the second Banshee, blowing both up.

A Wraith mortar lands next to Ash's tank, nearly throwing off the Marine sitting on the tread armor. Ash aims his turret at one of the Wraith tanks and opens fire, blowing up its turret. 

An Elite jumps out of the damage Wraith tank, only to be blown up by Ash.

Caylnn drives past Ash using the boost and blows up the second Wraith tank.

The team enters the Kilindini Underpass meeting little resistance until a barrier prevents them from taking their vehicle any further.

A Warthog pulls up and its occupants join the fight, while a trio of Kig-yar stationed on the barrier fires down at the team. But the squad swiftly kill them.

"For a perimeter!" The Female Marine from Ash's tank yells.

The Chief drops his rocket launcher on the ground. Another female Marine walks up to the Chief and offers him a Shotgun.

"It's tight quarters on the other side, sir. Use this."

Chief nods and takes the shotgun.

Calynn hops out of the Wraith tank, as Caleb goes to get out, but accidentally trips and falls onto the pavement face first. "Ow." He mutters.

Ash reloads his Battlerifle. "Let's move!"

The group enters a dark section of the highway tunnel filled with wreckage and Covenant troops. A pair of Elite Minors and a large group of Grunts attack, while a pair of Kig-Yar Snipers fire on the team from a distance with their Beam Rifles.

Ash deals with the snipers from behind cover and they move up.

Caylnn runs around an Elite and fires onto it, clearly being faster than the large troop. Caleb just drops kicks on in the face and throws a grenade at it.

The two Spartans assist where they can and deal with the Grunts. They move on and encounter more Grunts and Elites, including a pair of Stealth Elites, as well as another trip of Jackals and a Elite Zealot.

After several long minutes of fighting they eliminate all the threats and move on.

Caleb lets out a breath and stretches. "Man, fighting so many Elites is hard."

Calynn walks by, putting two plasma rifles on her hips. "Gotta earn our pay somehow."

The squad continues on and they enter a series of sewage tunnels that open out into the Kilindini park Cultural Center.

This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Four Of Us

A Jackal snipe stands near the Exit, with its backs turned to the group. Ash sneaks forward and wraps his an arm around the Jackal, and snaps it's neck.

"Wish I could do something like that." Caylnn whispers.

They move on and walk into a wide area, where they engage more Jackal snipers, along with several Elites and two plasma turrets. The Scarab can be seen in the distance, although it leaves quickly.

The group secures the area and Gunnery Sergeant Stacker pulls up in a Gauss Warthog. "Could use you on the gun, Chief!"

The Master Chief hops in the gun as Ash hops in the passenger. Caylnn finds a Mongoose and she drives it as Caleb sits on the back.

"Didn't Asher design the gun for the Gauss Hog?" Caleb asks.

"Yeah, glad they're putting it to good use." Caylnn says.

The group drives on and enter a smaller portion of the park, where a few Ghosts, a pair of Jackals, an Elite Major, and a Wraith tank guard the tunnel at the far end. Another pair of Ghosts enters the fray, but are quickly eliminated. 

The team continues into a large room with a waterfall, and then out onto the streets of New Mombasa as another Warthog joins the team.

They come upon a Marine outpost in Sector B that is under siege from a trio of Wraith tanks, supported by Jackal Snipers.

"There are a number of Marines trapped inside that building, Chief." Cortana informs. "Concentrate on the Wraiths, they're the biggest threat."

Caylnn drives past them. "We'll distract them."

"Yeah..." Caleb cheers. "Wait, that sounds like a bad idea!"

Ash, The Chief and their allies engage the Covenant troops, catching the enemy from behind. A Phantom delivers a pair of Ghosts, but they are neutralized easily by the combined support fire from the Warthogs and the two ODSTs on the Mongoose.

"There's a Marine Command Post in that building." Xi informs. "We'll need to help them deal with that Scarab."

A Pelican delivers a squad of Marines, while another Pelican drops off a Scorpion Tank. The Spartans head into the base, while Caleb and Caylnn stay outside.

A Marine greets the two as the entrance. "Sirs! Corporal Perez, A-Company! CP's this way! The Lieutenant got hit as soon as we dropped in."

"Who's in charge now, Corporal?" Cortana asks.

"Uh, Sergeant Banks, ma'am. He's up top. Come on, I'l show you."

Corporal Perez leads the team up the heavily guarded stairs to a balcony overlooking the streets where the previous battle took place. Sergeant Banks and another Marine manning a machine gun are waiting for them. The recently-deployed Scorpion now sits on the staircase leading to the pedestrian walkways on the street. 

Caleb lays on the tank while Caylnn sits on the barrel. A rocket launch rests next to Caleb.

 A huge plasma beam can be seen firing at something in the distance, and the Scarab lumbers into view. 

Caylnn panics a little and falls off the barrel and onto her brother.

The Sergeant turns and greets the two Spartans.

Field Expedient

Staff Sergeant Banks speaks to the two Spartans. "When I asked for reinforcements, I didn't think they'd send Spartans." He turns around. "We got trouble!"

The Scorpion tank, operated by Calynn fires its main cannon twice at the Scarab, to no effect. The Scarab aims its main cannon at the tank and Caylnn hops out and runs away with her brother as it blows up the tank in a single blast.

Then the Scarab starts walking towards the base, demolishing the pedestrian walkways in the process.

"See this look?" A Marine shouts. "It's terror!"

"Maine, did I give you permission to bitch?" Banks asks.

Caleb and Calynn walk up to the group.

The four watch as all the Marines afire at the Scarab, bit it keeps advancing.

"I don't think it's stopping; get your heads down!" Banks yells.

The Scarabs walks right over them, knocking over an antenna. 

"That thing is really starting to PISS ME OFF!" Bank yells. "Marines, time to kill us a Scarab!"

"It's over here, sir!" Corporal Perez says over coms.

The team enters a large building in pursuit of the Scarab. They end up on a series of walkways above a large water-filled canal. Weapons and crates litter the walkway. As the Scarab walks through the canal below, Covenant troops rush out onto the upper deck and fire at the them.

The team continues to pursue and engage the troops on the Scarab until the Scarab reaches the end of the canal, and can go no further.

"It can't go any further this way." Xi states. "We have it trapped."

Ash turns to the Chief and the two ODSTs. "I'm going on, cover?"

Chief loads a new mag into the sniper he's holding. "Roger that."

"Let's bag us a Scarab kill!" Caylnn holds up a rocket launcher.

"Yeah!" Caleb cheers.

Ash chuckles and takes out his energy sword. He then turns around and runs off a walkway and lands onto the Scarab's upper deck with a roll.

Ash ducks as an Elite tries to hit him, but a sniper round goes through its head. A group of Grunts come running out, only to be blown up by a rocket launcher. 

Ash then runs down into the deck and sees an Elite Ultra ordering the two Elite Major pilots. Ash throws two plasma grenades on both pilots, killing them.

The Ultra roars in anger and charges at Ash. It swings its energy sword at Ash, but he back steps it. Then it tries to stab him, but he leans to the side, and grabs the Elite arm and pulls it towards him, stabbing it in the chest.

The Scarab falls apart and Ash calmly walks out, holding his energy sword. Caleb and Caylnn watch beside the Master Chief.

Caylnn grows a blush. "He's so fucking awesome!"

Ash watches as the Solemn Penance deactivates its gravity lift nearby. A Pelican, with Johnson in it leading the pilots, lowers behind the Chief.

"That's right, you mothers!" Johnson yells through coms. "Run!"

"Not if we can help it, Sergeant." Commander Keyes' ship flies above them.

Inside the UNSC In Amber Clad.

"Extract the Six and the Chief, bring along both Rose Three and Four, and return to In Amber Clad."

"Roger that." Johnson replies.

Lord Hood appears on the video screen. "Status?"

"Sir, the Prophet is bugging-out." Commander Keyes informs. "Request permission to engage." 

"Negative, Commander. I'll vector two heavies for starside intercept."

The assault carrier begins to accelerate. A purple glow appears in front of the ship.

"Ma'am, slipspace rupture off the target's bow!" NAV Officer Remi informs. "it's going to jump, inside the city!"

"There's no time, sir!" Commander Keyes' states.

"Green light!" Lord Hood shouts. "Green light to engage!"

Under the In Amber Clad, Johnson's pelican docks via a hatch under the ship.

"Punch it!" Commander Keyes yells. "Get us close!"

"Ma'am without a destination solution-" Officer Remi tries to speak.

"We are not losing that ship!" Commander Keyes yells.

The assault carrier enters Slipspace followed at the last second by In Amber Clad. The jump creates a massive shockwave and electromagnetic pulse that engulfs the whole of New Mombasa.

"I hope Ruby and Asher are okay." Caleb is heard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08-25-2023

2115 words

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

13 1 4
The year is 2552. The invading force on Reach known as the, "Covenant", is tearing through the planet and leaving destruction in their path. As the U...
37.8K 630 28
Noble six Thomas was declared KIA. Noble team being short handed needed a new Noble six, although to their surprise instead of one new member their s...
9.2K 212 13
Halo, but with an oddity. Reach. . . the only planet, other than Earth herself, where loss was not an option. Unfortunately. . . the enemy they face...
2K 24 20
Cpl. Jaxson Kimball was born on Chorus, where he was raised and later enlisted in the UNSC, where he fought on Reach. A year later he was recruited b...